7.1

1. Dec 21, 2015
    this game is brilliant yeah needs some improvements here and there especially with the graphics and designing because they are awful i mean people that manager look like an atari graphic god he is sooo stupid.. the match engine needs a lot of improvement. so stop being lazy people and make it better because the game deserve that.
  2. Apr 22, 2016
    I have played each version of Football Manager(or Championship Manager) since it was created on the Amiga and each iteration has improved little by little.

The biggest issue in years gone by has been the tactical aspect. So often, someone managed to figure out a be all tactic that was a plug and play win all trophies. But now with FM16, that is definitely not the case. Now, you truly have to adapt your tactics based upon your players skills and attributes. What works for me at Portsmouth FC may not work for another person as they have bought different players.

The ability of the modding community for Football Manager means that no matter how small the country might be, you can play the leagues for that nation to a certain level. There are people that have made the English Leagues to level 23( the game only ships to level 6) and others doing similar to the Italian or Spanish leagues.

I get great joy in the pure challenging nature of making this game your own with bizarre rules. The number of people that I know are starting game where they cannot buy any players and only use the products from their youth academy. Or can only buy players from a certain nation.

The diversity of this game makes it a great time waster....although....you always need just one more match
  3. Nov 13, 2015
    Is the best FM ever? Hmm maybe. New Interface and management my team is so great! Statistics so real, 3D match engine is wonderful! And new game modes too.
  4. Nov 15, 2015
    In my opinion this is the best Football Manager for a while and I have owned all of them to date (not the Championship Manager range)

New bits: -Create a manager is a bit too gimmicky, not really much of a worthwhile addition -Set Piece Creator is a massive improvement, allowing much more tactical depth -Fantasy League is great fun with friends and if you have nay you should

New bits:
    -Set Piece Creator is a massive improvement, allowing much more tactical depth
    -Fantasy League is great fun with friends and if you have nay you should definitely give it a go
    -Prozone analytics are extremely useful if you can put the time and effort. Usually if you are struggling, you can dig into the reasons why and make adjustments
    -Create a club allows you to add a whole new level of personal attachment (although this was never a problem with FM

There are also a myriad of changes. You won't see these if you just pick up the game, of play a couple of matchers. If you are a life-long fan who has played 1000s of hours you will know the AI transfer make more sense, you will know the injuries are more realistic, you will appreciate that the game is harder now and that all round the UI is more usable and friendly.

The same old issues around the press conferences are here, the 3D match engine is a lot better but still not amazing but if you are an FM fan, this is the best iteration for a long time.
  5. Dec 2, 2015
    Any complaints that I may have about Football Manager 2016 are vastly outweighed by all of its quality and competence. This game is by far the best way to indulge in your managerial fantasies and a huge improvement on last year’s entry. A truly worthwhile purchase.
  6. Dec 15, 2015
    For me its much beter then FM15. Interface, gameplay, datebase. The 'searching for players' for me is not so good anymore, the previous versions were easyer
  7. Jan 26, 2016
    Since playing all the FM from the 2007 to 2016 i have to say that this is the most complete and realistic FM to this date. I've read a lot of bad reviews saying that is unrealistic but is very realistic, if you're a big team, you will probably win, if you're a small team, you're probably lose, but with some time and learning how this game works (btw, it's very complete), you will dominateSince playing all the FM from the 2007 to 2016 i have to say that this is the most complete and realistic FM to this date. I've read a lot of bad reviews saying that is unrealistic but is very realistic, if you're a big team, you will probably win, if you're a small team, you're probably lose, but with some time and learning how this game works (btw, it's very complete), you will dominate it and start seeing some changes in the way your team play and perform. The game engine is very good and the variety of statistics thanks to prozone makes the game a very unique and realistic experience. Must buy it. Expand
  8. Nov 24, 2015
    Not much can be said, its Football Manager. If you play football management games then this is the one for you. It does exactly what it always has done and provides an immersive management experience which is mostly good.
  9. Sep 28, 2021

Generally favorable reviews - based on 34 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 16, 2016
    As usual, it's a great sim of football manager. But this time it differs from previous episodes almost in no respect. [Issue#260]
  2. CD-Action
    Feb 4, 2016
    Redesigned interface and wealth of various small improvements make Football Manager 2016 much more accessible to newcomers without sacrificing even a bit of its astounding depth. [01/2016, p.64]
  3. Power Unlimited
    Jan 27, 2016
    The franchise hasn’t changed much since 2014, or 2013 for that matter, but there’s a reason actual football clubs still use Football Manager as a scouting tool: its realism. Trading tens of thousands of incredibly realistic footballers will simply never be boring. [jan. 2016, page 082]