7.1

1. Nov 18, 2021
    The new version of the acclaimed management game is the best to date! The new match engine and animations give a more real feel to the whole experience of managing a football club. The new Data Hub is excellent for analyzing your own team and opponents. 10/10
  2. Nov 20, 2021
    Football manager used to be a great game. I have played Championship manager since "93", but the last 3 editions have been poor on what really matters....the difficulty. Despite vast improvements in transfers, the graphics etc etc, the ease level is so abusively easy, I don't bother playing anymore.

For example, I'll use my Corboa save so you can see what I mean. Won the third tier without dropping a point. Then won the segunda title by 12pts (at least i lost a few games). Then 4th in la liga and won the copa del rey. Then champions the next season, including beating barca 6-0 away (would never happen!) and got the to the copa del rey final and lost - I almost wanted to lose. After winning la liga again the next season with an average squad age of 21 I quit as I was bored.

Another example.....I got Norwich promoted (unbeaten), then finished 4th in the prem, then finsihed 3rd but won the league cup. The next season came 2nd, but won the FA Cup and Champions league. I then won every trophy available the next season from everything from the community shield, super cup through to the prem and champions league (7 in total). I'm not writing this to brag - its not fun!!

It just to be a challenge. This is absurd and after buying FM22 it seems its the same level of difficulty - a 6 year old could tear this up. Loads of Youtubers criticised the ease last year and they have done the same again. I won't be buying future editions until I see that is has been made a little more challenging.

I remember one game in my Norwich game that summed this up. Playing away at Man city in the FA cup quarter-final, 2-0 down after 60 mins and I still thought we would win - It was 3-2. I started to-realise I wanted to lose games and thus quit the game at the end of the season.
  3. Nov 10, 2021
    With improvements and new features like the staff meeting and the data hub, Football Manager 2022 is one of the best games overall and managing a soccer club is more fun than ever.
  4. Nov 16, 2021
    Good game like other years.
    The gameplay is amazing and the data base is so big.
  5. Nov 12, 2021
    New match engine is better than previous versions
    AI is more intelligent
    Coaching summary every Monday is easy to grasp the player conditions
    Animation of player is more smooth than before
    Data hub is great!
    >> Newcastle has a huge budget
  6. Nov 10, 2021
    I played every single game of the series since i remeber, and this is prolly the first time i am dissapointed. I let the game set on mostly default and started to looking after improvements. To my suprise all of the improvements were so minor, that i could barely even say if those chagned anything. In looking to besten the info feedback player is now bombarded with tousands of unimportantI played every single game of the series since i remeber, and this is prolly the first time i am dissapointed. I let the game set on mostly default and started to looking after improvements. To my suprise all of the improvements were so minor, that i could barely even say if those chagned anything. In looking to besten the info feedback player is now bombarded with tousands of unimportant massages. Scouting is mostly lacking, like in the last title. The new Data submenu seems to just colletc the data from everyelse into one spot... which is kinda usefull but not really helpfull as expected. I have the feeling that geenpressing is still op tactic to anyone and every team, in opposite to the tiki-taka or possesion setups, which needs a lot of tweaking to work. Transfers are just unrealistic like in previous titles. I kept getting bids for 0zł in my Pogoń team for my youngster, while i needed to bet a large ammount of money for simply any player. Same issue with free transfers - players without a club are asking for a lot of money, yet thay barely played in last seasons, and player has zero to none negotiation capability. Press conferences or players talks are once again just useless part of the game, where you can simply go whole season clicking second option from the left nad barely ever something bad happens. To the engine, i feel that this side works this time slightly better for me and matches are now kinda competetive. Still getting stupid match ups with 1 to 30 and 1-2 or 1-1 scorelines.

I mean end of the day game is not terrible. Its still good old football manager in some spaces best menagerial game there is. As an old fan i will play it anyway. Though to be fair i can only give it solid 7.
  7. Nov 18, 2021
    The new animation engine on it's own makes this years version worth buying. The new engine allowing the players to make quicker decisions and re adjustments adds tremendous value in the flow of the game. Last years version FM21 in my eyes was the best installment in the series, but already now I can confidentiality say FM22 tops it.

This new animation engine on it's own have re

This new animation engine on it's own have re flourished my love for the game! And with the new data hub sinking deep into a save became even more enjoyable as we all known numbers and stats are a gold mine!

For already experienced FM players this is a must get version of the game! Which says more then enough for other customers.
  8. Nov 18, 2021
    Football Manager 2022 provides yet again a masterful experience full of new elements that keep on improving a near perfect videogame, which also becomes more and more demanding with each new entry.
  9. Nov 18, 2021
    Best fm ever. The first squad of the most important teams are now with face picture, finally its not necessary facepacks. Good job with the new department of statistics analysis
  10. Dec 6, 2021
    Just so much stuff that wastes your time. My team are annoying. The media is annoying. Other than managing your team and playing football, everything else is annoying. Waste of money at full price.

I absolutly dispise team meetings. DISPISE THEM. WHAT IDIOT PROGRAMMED THE INTERACTIONS!?

Generally favorable reviews - based on 34 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 7, 2021
    Even though the game is the same at its core, the newest edition of Football Manager is an amazing experience, and still remains the best football management simulation out there.
  2. Dec 3, 2021
    No single release from an annualized franchise revolutionizes the gameplay experience, but Football Manager 2022 delivers visual and mechanical improvements in multiple areas, making it the best series entry yet.
  3. Dec 2, 2021
    Football Manager 2022 doesn't have any major breakthroughs, but some small fixes that fall into place give players a more comfortable experience. The game engine upgrade makes the match process unique, and the database and rules that are in line with reality is also the reason for players to buy this game.