7.7

1. Oct 5, 2018
    I have this game on both PC and XboxX. Obviously, with a 108Ti and an i7-7700k is going to knock the quality to bits in comparison to Xbox, but both are very playable and both look amazing. Starting out in FH4 seems like they cut lots of stuff out from the previous game, but mostly it just needs unlocking in a different way. The character customization is a bit like OnRush (if you haveI have this game on both PC and XboxX. Obviously, with a 108Ti and an i7-7700k is going to knock the quality to bits in comparison to Xbox, but both are very playable and both look amazing. Starting out in FH4 seems like they cut lots of stuff out from the previous game, but mostly it just needs unlocking in a different way. The character customization is a bit like OnRush (if you have played it) where you win items or buy items in the store, and whilst its a bit gimmicky, I am having fun dressing my male character in the most feminine way. I do this because I thinks it's crazy that I can spend hard earned Forzathon points to win pink high heels and a skirt....As for the driving, being a citizen of the UK I am enjoying the scenery I am used to when I visit 'Up North'. The handling is pretty much the same as FH3 and there is in no way a shortage of stuff to do in the game.....One thing I am annoyed with so far is the idiots who still insist on ramming you at corners instead of slowing down without any penalty. I am yet to play in online adventure with my club so I'm hoping that will make some difference....I have to give this game 10/10, I just wish it had come out a few months ago because now I have no time to play this alongside AC:Odyssey! ….Looking forward to everything that is to come from the Ultimate Edition and really can't wait to play the Goliath equivalent once I rank 20 in racing series. Expand
  2. Oct 8, 2018
    Amazing arcade racing game. Absolutely beautiful in 4k at 60fps. Took away one point because of the weird decision to not let people quit online team mode. After one match ends, the next one begins immediately and nobody has a chance to leave if they want to. They're forced to leave after the next one starts, causing their team to be down a person.
  3. Oct 9, 2018
    More than enough cars, countless modes and races, unlocking all modes takes a little too long.
  4. Jun 8, 2019
    Great cars, great visual, some great races. And that's all. After some point the game becomes repetitive. You do not feel challenged to get better cars. You just get them.

Also the game support simply does not exist. In case of crashes or other issues (and there are many!), you will simply get no help at all. No matter how many tickets you open with support, you'll get automated response.
  5. Jul 24, 2019
    Going to have to go high here and bold but i do think, this is the best racing game ever released.

From graphics to content, gameplay, and fun factor.

Its got it all best setting yet, finally a game with an acceptable amount of cars.
  6. Oct 3, 2018
    forza horizon 4 é o auge da saga, consegue melhorar oq tinha de bom no fantástico fh3, conseguindo se tornar o melhor jogo de corrida dessa geração, o trabalho da playground é espetacular e acima da média, ainda tem espaços para melhorias, entretanto oq é apresentado aqui já é bem impressionante
  7. Oct 6, 2018
    FORZA HORIZON 4 10/10
    Only Halloween is missing in this game 10/10.There is no race in a ghostly forest.
  8. Oct 6, 2018
    I *may* be a little biased as a reviewer but I thought this game was the best entry in the Horizon spin-offs. It is at least equal to, if not better than FH3 in most ways. (I pre-ordered both on launch and FH3 is regarded as the best entry so I'm comparing this game to FH3)
    The last racing game I played was the Crew 2 so this is leaps and bounds better than that game, which made this even more exhilarating.
    The Story:
    Good for a racing game, as racing games are mostly focused on gameplay and having fun driving.
    Better that FH3 in my opinion, as FH3 had a lackluster and boring story to me.
    The Gameplay:
    Absolutely stellar. Handling controls amazingly with a keyboard (because PC Master Race) and I haven't had any issues with it being too tight or too loose.
    FH3 had mostly the same gameplay so I would say they are equal on these fronts.
    Game Feel:
    This game... I don't know what to say. The environment is fantastic (on ultra settings of course), the map makes you feel like you're in Britain, and overall the game makes me want to hitch a flight to Britain and race on the streets of Edinburgh.
    FH3 didn't really do this for me. I don't know why, but the game didn't make me *feel* like I was having fun. Sure, the experience was fun for a couple hours, but I dreaded finishing FH3.
    User Experience/Microsoft Store/Crashes/Etc.:
    I didn't have *bad* experiences in the game, although there were some things that happened that I didn't care for, like me having to look up how to redeem a code on Microsoft Store. My biggest problem with the game is that it wouldn't let me connect to servers. This didn't matter that much to me, as I usually play racing games singleplayer as that is what I grew up with, playing Need for Speed and Midnight Club.

Overall, absolutely adored this game and would recommend it for anyone who likes racing games, wants to get into racing games, or just likes playing great games in general.
  9. Jan 2, 2019
    great handling a good mix between sim and arcade ,but the game its very laggy, multiplayer its **** and offline get boring , the cars are unbalanced also
  10. Oct 14, 2018
    Game great but very repetitive. To be honest, it could easily have been UK DLC for Horizon 3.

Horizon 4 could easily be a 10/10 but it lacks social features and it's still a buggy mess from launch. Pros: - Game is on Game Pass, you don't have to spend $60 on this. -- I feel like every Forza game should be on Game Pass. - The seasons are pretty great, each have different races and

Pros:
    - Game is on Game Pass, you don't have to spend $60 on this.
    -- I feel like every Forza game should be on Game Pass.
    - The seasons are pretty great, each have different races and set barn finds.

Major flaws:
    - In your 'FH4 Group' that you join. There isn't a button in that tab that say's "Join group's session."
    - Buggy mess. Contacted developers on both forums and Twitter but issues aren't being fixed. They would rather fix in-game credit glitches then the actual game.
    -- Bugs? Crashes to desktop, lag spikes, freezes and more.
    - Limited songs on radio stations, after while, you hear the same song multiple times throughout a play session.
  11. Oct 2, 2018
    Incredible graphics, sound, gameplay depth and engine! The open world is the best out there! Outstanding!
  12. Feb 25, 2019
    The game is just ok nothing new, if you already got bored of the two last games no point in getting this one.
  13. Oct 4, 2018
    The good: Can get with a 14-day trial of xbox gamepass for free. The game is beautiful. Amazing graphics, great art, fantastic music. There are lots of cars to chose from many races and lots of things to do. Car physics are also very good. Also, the game runs perfectly on PC.

The bad: The race design is dull and boring. The checkpoint system is extremely outdated. The world is beautiful but feels empty and small. The game, in general, is very repetitive and feels dated in some aspects. Long loading screens on switching cars, breaking bulletin boards around the map, boring challenges.
  14. Sep 30, 2018
    A step beyond everything that was good in Forza Horizon 3 while fixing a lot of the aches and pains. Online events are seamless with the open world, loading screens are shorter than FH3, graphics are are smooth 60fps on all ultra with a 980ti at 1080p. It's clear a lot of passion went into this iteration.
  15. Aug 27, 2019
    Yes, Microsoft store suck, but don't spill your anger on game because of it. Game is great and it's hard to find a better arcade racing game than forza horizon. It doesn't take self too seriously, but also not to absurd levels (yes, the driving physics are extremely good for arcade racing game), aims for fun factor and it delivers.

4th installment in the series is an improvement over

4th installment in the series is an improvement over predecessor in every single way - first of all, seasons are game changer. It not only adds diversity and vibe to the game, but also changes a lot how the game plays and how individual cars handle during each season. Next, they changed how you progress thru the game - no more unlocking festival sites, you can now stick with your favorite race time without necessity to do various race types to unlock next festival chapters - basically each race type operates now individually. The also added few new race types / story episodes. It's now a proper sandbox where you do what you want at any time.

Online component got also improvements, basically clubs, more ways for pvp interaction - and I didn't even fully explore online features yet (because the game is massive with lots of different things to do.

The game also runs a lot better than predecessor while looking absolutely stellar overall, however there some minor issues with texture streaming (mainly ground and foliage) - they don't affect performance, but they hinder visual fidelity when textures streaming lags and you get it popping up in your face basically. The other issue is the sound of certain cars being a bit off, but someone who is not car enthusiast in real life probably will not even notice it. Lastly - the implementation o wheel support is not great - I can't speak for myself, since I only play with controller, but that's the complaint I've heard from friends that have tried a wheel.

All in all - this very fun and engaging arcade racing game. It's all about fun and it delivers. If you don't wish to own game permanently, you can just use game pass and pay for as much as you need - and for 10bucks/month - it's a steal basically (plus if you never used game pass service, you get 14day free trial).
  16. Sep 29, 2018
    PC review here - all settings on ultra 2 year old pc hardware runs like a dream no crash's played 4 hours straight.

This graphics are photo realistic in parts - its an open world arcade racer and its very good at making you feel apart of its world. I have stopped several times to pause and go into photo mode to see if i can get some amazing shots to share online with everyone in

I have stopped several times to pause and go into photo mode to see if i can get some amazing shots to share online with everyone in game , its truly magical!

Music is great and the sound of the cars are not bad either - i google the real sound of a dodge viper and to my surprise was pretty accurate.

There is a market place to buy and sell cars, buy parts and tune them up, the best thing i found was i can buy other peoples tuned up kits to apply to my car - brilliant !

Customize a paint job is amazing! wow there is hundreds of incredible designs people are making all shared and can be applied too your car online free- from spongebob to fallout its all here

i was skeptical of arcade racers i usually get bored in couple hours but this has me coming back for sure an easy 20 to 30 hours prob more
  17. Oct 27, 2018
    its a good game but its a freaking expencive game. 27,99€ for the ViP Car Pass or u wont get some cars after paying 60€ for the Game. F*** u Microsoft and bc thats not enough uu put this on the crap Microsoft Store... the game itself makes a lot of fun and the gameplay is great but these 2 points are killing the game...
  18. Oct 1, 2018
    10/10 to counter the cuck who put it as 0/10 because he was mad that he couldnt figure out how to make his ps4 controller work on windows. Google it my guy, it can be done with third party software.
  19. Oct 2, 2018
    Playground Games have consistently proven that they are the best racing game developers out there and they continue this with Forza Horizon 4 which is simply the best arcade racer of the past decade. I really hope the talent of this developer shows again with the next Fable game that Playground Games is supposedly developing.
  20. Oct 2, 2018
    It is a good game and contains everything a game needs, physics, graphics, gameplay, sound, etc.
  21. Oct 2, 2018
    Looks and runs great, no complaints here. This is going to keep my entertained for hours on end. Not to mention it looks absolutely gorgeous on my 4K HDR TV
  22. Sep 30, 2018
    This is the best racing game series I have ever played in my whole life I highly suggest you even if you are not a racing fan I assure you that you'll enjoy this one for sure
  23. Nov 29, 2018
    It's a huge disappointment, as it often happens to every widely hyped game, and you know how it ends.. devs get lazy, publishers get greedy. In short, it's a step back from Horizon 3. Gone is any kind of progression and gone are the championships. It's a very nice map filled with nothing (yes, there are many races, but they are all disconnected from each other and there is no sense ofIt's a huge disappointment, as it often happens to every widely hyped game, and you know how it ends.. devs get lazy, publishers get greedy. In short, it's a step back from Horizon 3. Gone is any kind of progression and gone are the championships. It's a very nice map filled with nothing (yes, there are many races, but they are all disconnected from each other and there is no sense of purpose, except the grind for money to buy more cars).

All rewards come in form of wheelspins, which are a bad and lazy way to design games, as it turns gaming into gambling, and lures players into addiction. You seriously end playing just for the very pitiful adrenaline rush of a wheelspin that will most likely end with winning a pair of strawberry shorts for your cringy character.

All multiplayer is badly designed as well, and broken due to the fact that it rewards ramming to eliminate players of the other team. So it's not about who's better at racing.

All the cars are just the same and same and same list of cars that have been for years in the the Forza franchise car list. They even dare selling a "spider" version of the same car (McLaren 650) to the Car Pass owners, and they even release it with the top on. That's literally the same car that was already in the base game, and they sold it to you again for a premium price.

All the seasonal events are limited to three championships that every week are the same. Off Road Buggies, Off Road Buggies, Off Road Buggies. Devs, care to be a bit creative, maybe? Only the first four weeks the seasonal rotation content was fun and felt there was some effort, but it soon ended. And the Forza Live is a joke, it's just a grind of speed traps/zones, drift zones and danger signs. Boring as.. you got it. After the first month of excitement (you try the cars, the seasons, the "stories", the events etc) it really wears down to a purposeless and uninspired grind.

All this before even mentioning that because this is on Microsoft Store, it's automatically a nightmare for updates, game corruption, forced reinstalls, etc etc. Really, just avoid playing any games on the MS Store as the plague - unless you're a real masochist.
  24. Sep 28, 2018
    This is one of the best games, let alone racing games, I have ever played. Don't tell PS4 that...
  25. Sep 28, 2018
    Forza Horizon is the Disney World of video games, and this is the best entry to date. Performance is good and I'm not getting any crashes like in Forza Horizon 3.
  26. Sep 30, 2018
    Better than Horizon 3! Love everything and the gameplay is great. Great graphics, great cars, some missions are great and the weather change is amazing.
  27. Oct 2, 2018
    the best horizon to date, graphics, physics and other technical aspects to a level hitherto never seen in the saga ..
  28. Sep 28, 2018
    Excelente juego! mucho contenido y el plus de cambio de estaciones es perfecto!
  29. Oct 6, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is a pity there are several brands of cars, such as Mitsubishi and Toyota Expand
  30. Jul 4, 2019
    Seasons change is beautiful, the game feels differenct every week, but that doen't do much to help this game be better then any other Horizon game before.

Like many users already mentioned in reviews here, it's empty. Yeah, there are barn finds, vistas, but that's it - all i can remember. Nothing spectacluar at all that makes you say "wow". Everything of all this was already seen in previous Horizon games. Yes, graphics are nice (in some parts), effects are nice (wet car), forests are beautiful, grass and flowers are green and pretty. Don't feel anything about saving houses - you just buy it and that's it. I don't care about cars in FH4. They are all the same for me this time. I don't get how races work. You can race any race with any cars with upgrades or not... I just don't feel any progress in game. Actors and acting are bad, boring, texts are dull.

I remember I wasn't excited vey much about FH3 too, after FH and FH2 were completed, but now, playing FH3 after FH4 from time to time I feel it's more completed and better game then the last one in the series.
  31. Dec 2, 2018
    It's a great game but a bad sequel. I wish i could give a higher vote and i maybe will be able to in future, playground seems reactive to our feedback this time around. The main issue i have with this game is the multiplayer, the social component was kind of broken. Ghosting, lack of global waypoints and similar things caused player interactions to become irrelevant. In FH3 i had 3 mainIt's a great game but a bad sequel. I wish i could give a higher vote and i maybe will be able to in future, playground seems reactive to our feedback this time around. The main issue i have with this game is the multiplayer, the social component was kind of broken. Ghosting, lack of global waypoints and similar things caused player interactions to become irrelevant. In FH3 i had 3 main activities i liked to commit: drifting (meetings spots at the parking lot and around some hills), drag racing (airport) and normal cruising (you would just see people forming convoys which you could join). Now everyone is minding their own business, people literally drive through you because you don't even have a reason to acknowledge othter's existence.. Another issue are the drivavatars, they do really stupid car choices. They will only choose certain cars and often end up having all the same, sometimes they don't make no sense at all and you end up racing in a super car against a horde of engine swapped ford focus and it just looks dumb. Rubber-banding is also still a big problem and the map is quite boring to drive even if incredibly beautiful. I also wish they would add more everyday cars instead of so many super/hyper cars. Expand
  32. Dec 24, 2018
    The good:
    Nice graphics, runs much better on PC than FH3, the cars feel somewhat good, controls are okay (but don't bother with a wheel). Sounds are good, music is great.
    The bad: Everything else. I am just incredibly disappointed because this game shoves more free stuff into your face than a cheap mobile rpg. There is this tedious intro with awkward, cringy voice actors that
    The good:

The bad:
    Everything else.

There is this tedious intro with awkward, cringy voice actors that introduces you to the game. The story basically doesn't exist.
    Cutscenes aren't skipable and there are a ton early on, that will constantly take away your controls.
    Character creation is bascially non-existant. You simply select a character that is the least ugly. I am also pretty sure they are the exact same characters from FH3.
    Clothing mostly consists of reskins of the exact same model and cringy costumes.

The progression system is flawed and casualized. You pretty much get everything for free. Early level-up rewards will already give you free supercars. The sheer mass of wheelspins will make sure you get even more unncessary cars and a lot of cash to spend.
    Within around 3 hours of gametime i already reached my goal and didn't know what to continue playing for.
    You get a ton of free cars and most of them are already upgraded to the near max.
    Customization is a joke when even cars flagged as "customization heroes" barely have any parts that change their visuals, other than community-made paintjobs.
    Everything is unlocked early, everything is dirt cheap to get. The only expensive things to buy are the various houses, but they don't even do anything at all. You cant even enter them or interact in any other way, they are basically just a fancy screen to look at whenever you start the game.

Everything is even worse if you buy the autopass or VIP, because that means even more free cars and even more cash. I barely played the game and i already don't know what to spend it on without even owning the pass or VIP. I have the cars i like and they are upgraded as high as possible. I only played for around 3-4 hours... and yeah i am still at the prologue basically.

Races are weird. Even though the map is fairly big, the tracks will repeat fairly quickly and guide you through the same sections multiple times. The seasons are a nice change, but the overall mapsize is far smaller than other games.
    There are like 3-4 types of races available. For the most part, it doesnt matter what car you use, because the race and the opponents will simply adjust, so you can even play a circuit through town with heavy offroaders.
    Hell you can even just create your own race if you don't like the actual one.
    There is some sort of "Round" system going on for the races. You keep getting told that you made it to round X in racetype Y, but there isn't even an indication outside of that what they mean, how many there are or whatever.
    Getting to a new round will unlock around 3-5 new races to play, but for some reason you only need to complete 2 to proceed to the next round.

All this is still in the "prologue" or "introduction", but i am already tired of it.
    I really don't understand the hype around this. I really don't know what i play the game for. Its definitely not for the racing itself, because it doesn't feel much better than other arcade racers. Hell even just cruising around was more fun in The Crew 1 for me, than in FH4.
    Part of the reason might be that there is also barely any AI on the streets and the cars tend to behave.. weirdly. Like as if you are always driving on ice. I only really noticed other behaviour when racing with supercars. Most of those feel like they are glued to the street.

As for the performance, it runs mostly great, even on older systems, but there is some weird bug that lets your game stutter and your frames drop whenever you try to go back in the upgrade menu.

I will probably continue playing to see if it gets any better, but i highly doubt it. Get it if you don't care about anything but driving.
  33. Oct 12, 2018
    The game itself is good, but the update 1.197.899.2 just bricked the game.
    Simply can't run a game I ran days ago smoothly. Crashes, no error message, nothing.

Also, Microsoft Store is horrible. Had to download the full game 3 times due to download errors, and it looks my solution will be..... guess what, uninstall and download again.
  34. Nov 2, 2018
    Bought this game for PC on Win 10. After a long download and install it wouldn't play. 2 error messages; You need to log into an Xbox account (Not only was I logged in, to be sure I even downloaded an app. to be sure). Also an error saying I didn't have my latest graphics drivers? I made absolutely sure without any question they were up to date. I troubleshooted the game for 6 hrs. ReadBought this game for PC on Win 10. After a long download and install it wouldn't play. 2 error messages; You need to log into an Xbox account (Not only was I logged in, to be sure I even downloaded an app. to be sure). Also an error saying I didn't have my latest graphics drivers? I made absolutely sure without any question they were up to date. I troubleshooted the game for 6 hrs. Read tons of forums (lots of people are having the same issues without any solution from MS). I reinstalled the game from scratch. That also didn't help. Finally I had to ask for a refund. That was not as easy as it should have been. It was a nightmare! When I buy STEAM games, they simply work. I have about 100 STEAM games and about 10 AAA titles loaded on my PC right now without any issues. This is 100% proof that Microsoft really hates PC gamer's and wants us all to be Xbox slaves. I would never buy a console though. Ever. The fact they wouldn't and or couldn't fix these seemingly simple errors says "we dont care". I will NEVER buy another MS game. The support was beyond bad. One support tech openly lied to me over and over via chat. It was eye opening as I am an IT tech as well and his behavior was anything but professional. I complained about him and guess what? They sent me back to him where he openly insulted me. I'm 49. I don't take well to some 18 yr old kid from India who cant ever write in proper English, insult me. Microsoft must think they are too big to fail? Pathetic. Expand
  35. Sep 29, 2018
    Just amazing, best graphics hands down, best gameplay, best story...wow. +450 cars... holy ****
  36. Jul 8, 2019
    Could play the game for a few days, but now it wont start. It gets to the "Press Start" page, but whenever i do so, the game crashes. Other people seem to have had this problem aswell, sadly none of the recommended solutions helped. Will fix my review when Microsoft fix their game.

Edit: I got the game to work again. However, it sadly turns out that the AI is completely broken. Played the game on "Unbeatable" difficulty, and obviously i expected it to be hard. Problem is that the AI is cheating (Increased acceleration, better grip, faster turning etc.), rather than just driving well. Essentially, this means that with some cars, and in some specific races, it's simply impossible to win. So basicly, if you want to play on the highest difficulty/difficulties, you're forced to drive specific cars, and can't actually enjoy the large number of vehicles the game has to offer. Furthermore, some cars even make the difficulty feel easy. The Nissan Skyline GT-R '97 for instance, is basicly a free win regardless of difficulty. I dont know what causes this huge difference, whether it's the Car-ratings being off, or if the AI just performs better against some cars than others. But regardless of the reason, it's really sad to see. It pretty much ruined the experience for me, as i could only drive a few selected cars, if i wanted to play on a difficulty that felt challenging. And of course, it's also a lot more frustrating to lose against an opponent due to cheating, rather than just good driving. So please put more work into the AI for future games.

TL;DR - Would probably have been better if i had not gotten the game to work again, lol.
  37. Nov 2, 2018
    Its a shame. After release full price game they cant fix connection problems for months.
    Game is perfect before u starting to play ranked races.
    1 - after w8ing for 10 mins for collecting 12ppl (12 from all game for 10m, Karl!), it will say connection problem and disband party. 2 - after another w8ing for 10 mins from all game it will build teams that u with 8 rank will be with
    Game is perfect before u starting to play ranked races.
    2 - after another w8ing for 10 mins from all game it will build teams that u with 8 rank will be with no-ranked s***t against 12-15 rank ppl. Thx for balance, Microsoft.
    3 - ..... profit - u sucked game even if u finish every run 1st, coz ur m8tes just fighting for 12th place only.
    Thx gods, i pay just 10 bucks for this.
  38. Oct 2, 2018
    Ok let me say this is a great game, and it's so beautiful and optimized for PC that it's close to unbelievable, too good to be true. So Microsoft thought yes, this might indeed too good to be true, so lets screw up the whole experience with... drumroll... Microsoft Store! Oh god this is the worst user experience I have ever faced when simply trying to install a product.

I literally

I literally spent hours fighting through stuff like the store simply not letting me to sign in and therefore play the game at all. Turns out, if your local windows profile is NOT a microsoft profile but IS linked to one, you'll need to detach this first, otherwise Microsoft Store login will simply fail with a generic error (and you can't play without being logged into Store).

Then it turns out that the 60GB game can't be played from under 2 windows profiles (family members have separate profiles), no, it needs to be installed for every single profile!!! Welcome to 2018 eh?

Then you still need to log in to an XBOX account, which is confusing but at least great because I can have multiple XBOX profiles under my Microsoft Store profile so my wife actually can play. Installing and starting this game for the first time is like installing Windows 95 in the 90s, ridiculously unstable process with arcane, unwritten rules that can fail without warning any given time.

Please look what ANY OTHER COMPANY does, who lets you install games for multiple profiles, and lets you change accounts easily. It's not rocket science. Microsoft Store is the perfect way to screw up your otherwise great game and the whole experience.
  39. Oct 2, 2018
    Full of Technical Problems.

Let me start by saying that the game is probably good. But i cannot play it. I've got modern hardware (8600k, 1070ti) with latest drivers and windows updates. Problem 1 - Faulty installation. Had to reinstall three times before it actually finished once. Problem 2 - Faulty updates. Update loads, but is not being installed. Stuck in a loop because game
    Full of Technical Problems.

Problem 2 - Faulty updates. Update loads, but is not being installed. Stuck in a loop because game tells me to update and microsoft store says - i don't want to.
    Problem 3 - Crash Startup. Loads of people have that problem. Solution was to remove Windows Mixed Reality. It was causing the crash. A windows product on a windows platform.
    Problem 4 - Huge input lag when playing with a wheel. 2 Seconds delay when steering. Wrong placement of gas and clutch.

This was my experience so far. Hours of troubleshooting, for a game i payed 70 Euro. A windows game on a windows machine with a windows OS and it still causes so many problems.

Pathetic and even criminal, that i can't get a refund out of this.
  40. Oct 24, 2018
    As much as I'd like to give the game a positive rating because the driving is actually fun, I just can't due to the lack of multiplayer racing. In its current form, I'm forced to give this title a 3/10 in terms of its multiplayer experience. The only reliable method of racing other players is "team adventure" mode, where you are forced into a team and have no control over winning orAs much as I'd like to give the game a positive rating because the driving is actually fun, I just can't due to the lack of multiplayer racing. In its current form, I'm forced to give this title a 3/10 in terms of its multiplayer experience. The only reliable method of racing other players is "team adventure" mode, where you are forced into a team and have no control over winning or losing. The addition of a "solo adventure" mode where you race pvp 1 v 11 instead of 6 v 6 pvp would fix this problem. Until this is done, I've stopped playing for the most part. Expand
  41. Oct 15, 2018
    The Bad;

- A lot less races then H3 (sneakily made to look like more because map icons are bigger) & no championships similar to H3 (apart from the few seasonal ones which aren't even new races), one of the best parts about that game. After Horizon 3, Forza 7 & The Crew 2 this game is missing content big time. Horizon 3 had double the amount of races.` - No solid motivation/story for
    The Bad;

- No solid motivation/story for progressing. In Horizon 3, you had a somewhat decent story-line with the festivals you had to build up. Here you have...... buy some houses!? Which they could've done much more with. Just feels like theirs no goal. Nothing important to build towards. No real story. It all just seems kinda pointless. There's just a couple cut-scenes at the beginning then that's it. Story over for the whole game. Overall H4 is better but even The Crew 2 did a much better job of progression & story.

- In it's quest to keep rewarding you, the game now feels so unrewarding. There's no feeling of progression because everything is just dumped on you within a few hours. Showcases don't mean anything now since you have them all within a couple hours. You don't have to work for anything. It just gives you all the best things straight out of the gates & it's rewards are so constant. Now everyone's a winner, even if you come last. It makes no sense. Even if you come last you make virtually the same money/points as if you came first. It's ridiculous.

The Good;

- Driving feels great, no game feels more fun & cosy at just driving round an open world then this game.

- Graphically beautiful, lighting & reflections vastly improved. Still a few glitches here & their but forgivable.

- Customisation is great. Hardly any improvements but it's still solid

- The map is much better then H3. The elevation changes make it feel much more realistic & varied. The roads are better, more varied & more fun. The map feels like one complete place, that recreates parts of Britian very well rather then in H3 which felt like lots of different areas just glued together. H4 manages to feel more complete but keeps the variety of different places/areas as H3.

- Seasons are great, visually look varied & presents different driving conditions half the time & really does feel like a different map between winter & the others. Having said that, winter especially gets boring very quickly & you have to wait a week for it to change.
  42. Sep 18, 2019
    Worse than 3 in almost every single way, except the graphics.
    They censored the songs post-launch. That alone is enough reason to grant this game a 0.
    I will never support these business practices.
  43. Oct 3, 2018
    Nice graphics, great opimization, terrible wheel handling and FFB. With game this expensive, the wheel should work too. The voice acting is annoying, sounds like aimed at 5-year olds
  44. Feb 23, 2020
    First the good: beautiful, fun to drive (with a controller or with a wheel), lots of cars. And it runs really well on PC, surprisingly well. Driving around the world feels great. What's not to like? Well...

The single player progression is very badly-paced, and it feels a bit aimless too. In most games you begin from nothing and work your way up; in this game they just hand you lots of cool stuff at the start, and they don't really give you a direction. Just go do some events, build up your money and your "influence" to unlock more events. If you lose your races you still get both money and influence and the NPCs say "Great job! Keep that up and you're gonna go far!" What am I even doing in this game? I can go lose a race thirty times and buy a McLaren, but I'm not sure why I should want to.

The aimless and open-ended nature of the game extends to everything. Only want to race D-class cars? You can take your D-class to almost any event and it will just scale down the event to match your car. There is no reason to fill out your collection. The game will never force you to build that A-class RWD rally car to compete in an event, or whatever. No wonder other users call it repetitive and boring. A game needs to give players direction, it can't JUST be a sandbox.

On to the other problems:

- You can make custom races, but not time trial. Why not? Huge oversight. They tried removing it from FM7 and fans made a fuss until they brought it back, now it's gone again for Horizon 4. Are they stupid?

- Thankfully PC has FoV settings so you can tone down the default too-wide FoV, but it's hard-locked to 40 vertical FoV minimum, which is still too high for most setups. Even if you edit your settings in the text file to be lower, the game will not render lower than 40. Luckily I have a very large monitor which I can pull very close, but many do not. Getting this right makes driving feel much more 'real' and it's ridiculous that they arbitrarily prevent this.

- Many other irritating problems with settings. Menu sound effects and other ambient sound effects are not separate categories, so if you like to play with loud and immersive sounds the menus will be way too loud. No option for rearview on screen if you play in anything other than cockpit view. Etc.

But finally and most importantly, the online competitive racing which this game is supposed to be all about is bad. Driving alone feels great, but when you race other people they are all using overpowered AWD builds that plow you into corners. You can only have fun with the multiplayer racing if you have friends to organize a good clean race with. Good luck with that.

All in all, I am enjoying this game. But I cannot in good conscience give it a high score that it does not deserve. This game has so much potential, as they say. It is a shame because they have the resources to make a much larger and fuller game than any niche racing sim—this could have been a sim lite with excellent graphics and an engaging single-player campaign, but instead we have this mess, crippled by poor development choices.
  45. Oct 27, 2019
    Firstly, game is beautiful.
    But do not expect any kind of simulation here. Car handling with a steering wheel and FFB is out of this earth, even unplayable (tested on "simulation" difficulty).
    Thanks to xbox game pass I did not have to pay a full price for it. Going back to Diret Rally 2.
  46. Apr 29, 2020
    By far, the worst driving game ever conceived on any platform! Controller config is broken (still after 2 years), unskippable useless horribly made cinematics, story is.. unspeakably bad. WHY is there a story in a normal driving game??

You have to roam around a map and look for races. There are no Cups, or competitions, only a story to follow and the most despicable cortana'esc annoying atrocity whaling off in the background. You go to turn that useless piece of bytes off, and low and behold it automatically turns itself back on.

What ever happened to: Select cup/race, select car, have fun?

Want to play solo and offline? Nope, you have to earn the right to turn off network-activity. Only after disabled my network card was I able to have a slight iota of enjoyment.

The graphics are nice, but that's the only positive thing about it. Everything else, is as bad as it comes.

Oh, and get this: You don't have to win, EVER. You can place last every race, take 2 hours longer to finish than the worst example of an "AI" driver, and still progress in this game.

Pros: Graphics .. yay. My RTX2080 almost felt it.
    Cons: Game-play, driving, menus, progress, story, customization, forced online connectivity, bugs, locked game-play if you haven't progressed far enough: a multiplayer race cant be started until a few hours of play, CANT disable the GD music/radio, options turns it self back on because they don't really want you to have them.

Oh, and the prolouge... this is mind-bogglingly moronic. When you start the game you HAVE to finish a prologue/tutorial, followed by an awful cinematic. I MADE DINNER FOR TWO while this unskippable swat of trash played. I did not even get the chance to go in to settings and change the resolution. Only straight to "awesome unlosable game-mode tutorialesk whatever.."

I'm out, and don't buy this game if you are in risk of Hypertension.
  47. Mar 8, 2019
    Total junk meanwhile. Game is running worser after every update. It crashes constantly since the last update, it become unplayable now. The devs are not able to fix this problem since Horizon 3, and there is no support. Support tickets will not be answered. If they reply, it is nonsense. At least i was able to play the first 3 month without constant crashes. Other games are running withoutTotal junk meanwhile. Game is running worser after every update. It crashes constantly since the last update, it become unplayable now. The devs are not able to fix this problem since Horizon 3, and there is no support. Support tickets will not be answered. If they reply, it is nonsense. At least i was able to play the first 3 month without constant crashes. Other games are running without any issues on my PC. Expand
  48. Oct 4, 2019
    Well, its got nice cars, nice sound and nice graphics. However, its extremely boring and I find it hard to continue playing. After a 150gb download, I am quite disappointed with the lack of anything new and worthwhile. No real fun factor.
  49. Oct 23, 2018
    I have enjoyed the series in the past and there are a few things that have ruined this game for me. As of the 23rd of October I just had a new release patch, now I can't join games with my friends. The patch before this one introduced frame pacing and stutters into the game and with my hardware that is unacceptable! The frame pacing and drops to sub 50 FPS seem to be gone as of theI have enjoyed the series in the past and there are a few things that have ruined this game for me. As of the 23rd of October I just had a new release patch, now I can't join games with my friends. The patch before this one introduced frame pacing and stutters into the game and with my hardware that is unacceptable! The frame pacing and drops to sub 50 FPS seem to be gone as of the newes patch, but now I can't play online or join friends that are hosting games. As for the other reason for rating this game so low. The addition of emotes, and clothing. This is a racing game, I wasn't really a fan of slot machine in FH3 to begin with, but the addition of clothing and emotes into this game is just terrible for a game that should be all about racing. There is zero reason I should be getting clothing items or emotes for a character that sits in a car 95% of the time over cars or in game credits. I am really disappointed with this games addition of this junk; along with the poor post release patches that make this game worse than playing the demo. I was happy when Microsoft said I would get to play anywhere, but now I do feel like a 2nd rate customer, and that is because I have higher standards now and expect a software, technology and cloud GIANT to do these things right. Expand
  50. Aug 2, 2019
    My god. I've played a lot of racing/driving games. Never have I encountered a game that plays this terribly. The cars have no grip, sliding everywhere, and it takes forever before you're allowed to actually play the game. It starts you off with some demonstration races which feel like I'm playing a free demo. Then, when the time comes to choose a car, even that is the most linear thing inMy god. I've played a lot of racing/driving games. Never have I encountered a game that plays this terribly. The cars have no grip, sliding everywhere, and it takes forever before you're allowed to actually play the game. It starts you off with some demonstration races which feel like I'm playing a free demo. Then, when the time comes to choose a car, even that is the most linear thing in the world. I would refund it if I could but I unfortunately can't. Biggest waste of my money in years. Expand
  51. Oct 12, 2018
    3440x1440 on ultra with a 1080 averaging around 70FPS.
    Pretty game.
    Racing can be easy and arcady or with assists off exciting and more of a challenge. Lots of races and cars, with challenges in the open world. The opening is a bit meh, but as soon as you get to weekly seasons the game opens up. My only complaint is online doesn't work. I am content doing everything solo, but it would
    3440x1440 on ultra with a 1080 averaging around 70FPS.
    Pretty game.
    My only complaint is online doesn't work. I am content doing everything solo, but it would be nice to use the online portion at least to try.
  52. Oct 12, 2018
    It doesn't stutter on PC guys. FINALLY a smooth Forza experience on PC.
    And the game is just fantastic. I love everything about it and it's absolutely
    the best racing game that I've ever played. Great job Turn 10 Studios
  53. Nov 4, 2018
    It's very nice!!!!! Nice graphic, Many nice car, Nice seasons and Nice sound!! But Unlike The Crew 2, the keyboard setup cannot be set from Gear 1 to Gear 7. If possible, I can give 200 points!
  54. Jul 20, 2019
    Like all Microsoft games on there store. They cant been played because there cloud is awful, and they not listen to there customers and the game is overpriced. Its fun with game pad like all Forza games. If you like to play with steering wheel look after other games. Because its the worst FFB you cant get in a racing game in this price class.
  55. Mar 8, 2019
    the game does not bring anything new, it gets boring very fast different from the first games you had a reason to keep progressing in the game, be it the king of the festival or create your entire festival, in this game they only play you in the middle of the game and do random runs
  56. Mar 13, 2019
    Pretty good Single or KooP Game, but the MP is **** up with **** slow/irresponsible servers & **** CHEATERS. I was definitely in first place, but they still win...
    **** DISGRACE TO ONLINE GAMING!!!

AND if you have a soundcard; this game won't work correctly! (SOUNDBUGS: Creative Soundblaster)
  57. Feb 6, 2020
    7/10 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  58. Jul 31, 2019
    Besides the creative choices of the game, it doesnt let you access multiplayer or 90% of the game`s features. After grinding in the not so fun gameplay to access the multiplayer and play in local multiplayer, we realized it doesnt have one. Terrible choices.
  59. Aug 18, 2019
    It's one of the better PC open world racing games but there's really nothing new of value added from it's predecessors.

The game can be buggy and quite unstable at times. The game designs are odd, putting the game in British countryside makes me think they want to attract older playerbase (like pensioners in their 60s or more) but at the same time they added those stupid emotes and

The game can be buggy and quite unstable at times.

The game designs are odd, putting the game in British countryside makes me think they want to attract older playerbase (like pensioners in their 60s or more) but at the same time they added those stupid emotes and costumes seemingly to entice Fortnite kids, that's what brought the point down. Seriously just get horizon 3 on sale and that's 90% of this game in everywhere that matters.
  60. Mar 25, 2020
    Great visuals
    OK handling
    Crap gameplay What does this mean? *unskippable voiceovers constantly *getting into an online game takes FOREVER *most of online is not actually PVP *cheaters EVERYWHERE *rammers EVERYWHERE *NO policing of either *NO team balance for all these team games *NO incentive to drive clean *Stupid challenges forcing you to drive McLarens over 50ft jumps
    Great visuals
    OK handling
    Crap gameplay

What does this mean?

*unskippable voiceovers constantly
    *getting into an online game takes FOREVER
    *most of online is not actually PVP
    *cheaters EVERYWHERE
    *rammers EVERYWHERE
    *NO policing of either
    *NO team balance for all these team games
    *NO incentive to drive clean
    *Stupid challenges forcing you to drive McLarens over 50ft jumps in the mud constantly

Average at best.
  61. Oct 1, 2019
    +nice pc optimization
    +nice graphics +a lot of cars (~600+)
    +seasonal updates with new challenges & cars
    +still nice physics -poor ost
    -UK, u serious?
    -Map(location) are boring
    -season change feature are useless
    -auction -carpass
    -unbalanced car ranking system -livery editor are terrible
    -car paint always looks terrible & there is no option to chose mettalic or gloss
  62. Nov 11, 2019
    The seasons the landscape the roads many cars it's all amazing... but there is no story , engine sounds are insulting and made me frustrated the most , old cars are faster than new ones i couldn't care less about it as everything can be upgraded. The trafic spawns in the worst place and time. AI is not affected by weather in races so you end up sliding on corners while stupid bots ignoreThe seasons the landscape the roads many cars it's all amazing... but there is no story , engine sounds are insulting and made me frustrated the most , old cars are faster than new ones i couldn't care less about it as everything can be upgraded. The trafic spawns in the worst place and time. AI is not affected by weather in races so you end up sliding on corners while stupid bots ignore the wet terrain and grip to it.. ah clothes... i can't wait to get a sexy leopard skirt when my character is male.. why don't they allow us to buy clothes like normal people instead we need to spin stupid wheel to get skirts and leggings. Overall this game deserves 5 but here is a 6 in hopes they can get it right the next time. Expand
  63. Nov 21, 2019
    This game doesn't want to be played. The moment you buy it, all it wants is for you to buy the dlc and pay for microtransactions. It's an ugly, cheap cash-grab of a system tying up what could be a mediocre game. If it weren't for everything else that makes this game such a wretched failure. This game does everything in its power to prevent you from playing it. Embarassingly poorly-doneThis game doesn't want to be played. The moment you buy it, all it wants is for you to buy the dlc and pay for microtransactions. It's an ugly, cheap cash-grab of a system tying up what could be a mediocre game. If it weren't for everything else that makes this game such a wretched failure. This game does everything in its power to prevent you from playing it. Embarassingly poorly-done unskippable voiceovers. Constant unskippable cutscenes with bad writing, poor voice work, and character models made in blender by children. I boot the thing up and I can't play for literally 10 minutes waiting for ADS FOR DLC to pass. This is the worst money I've spent in my entire life.. Expand
  64. Dec 5, 2019
    the game was good but now it isn't starting anymore and I am not the only one with this problem, there are a lot of bad reviews about this in the MS-store
  65. Apr 24, 2020
    This game can be best racing simualtor, but it is working like an any microsoft product. Last month i can't launch the game without progress reset (i waitied 15 minutes every launch because
    synchronization is the longest of any games) and today the game is crashing after 5 min. If microsoft store can check files, all my problems will be solved. I don't want say about bugs, network problems, because, i think, i coudn't fit in restriction of 5000 characters
  66. Nov 8, 2019
    This racing game is awesome, you have lot of cars to achieve or buy for credits. Micro transactions are not big, you can do racing and earn credits, not pay to win. Racing model is something between reality and arcade, works pretty much, you have also winter and spring, summer so all around with different handling. Great optimization and fun thrilling multiplayer make one of the bestThis racing game is awesome, you have lot of cars to achieve or buy for credits. Micro transactions are not big, you can do racing and earn credits, not pay to win. Racing model is something between reality and arcade, works pretty much, you have also winter and spring, summer so all around with different handling. Great optimization and fun thrilling multiplayer make one of the best racing game ever. Expand
  67. Oct 30, 2018
    It's the first Forza game I tried. And just during a free demo I realized that it's one of the best racing games I played, if not THE best. Now I played about 15 hours and this game continues to impress me! I feel that developers really love cars and love their game, and it's a rare thing in AAA games now-days.
  68. Mar 11, 2020
    This Game is a BOMB !!! I can't believe how much I adore the programmers.
    This Game is a BOMB !!! I can't believe how much I adore the programmers.
    It's an open world racer, with a funny setting being inside a BIG Racing festival, a lot of driving missions, story-, free driving, tuning the car, pimping the style -> with millions of details. You can share your Style of the car how you coloured it and put stickers and body kits, etc. You can kill entire weekends only into this feature. The game itself is very welcoming and rewards you with literally ANY Gameplay. I downloaded this Game as a part from the MS GamePass for some Euro per month and it's sooooo worth.....only because of this GAME. And on a good machine with a RTX Card and a good screen -> What to say....only go for it !!!!
  69. Mar 6, 2019
    Do you wonder how best racing game looks and feels like in 2018 ? If so buy Forza Horizon 4 and play it.
  70. Sep 1, 2019
    The game is impeccable, especially if you haven't played another racing game in a while (which incorporates some "GTA questing" on the go, mildly) but I must subtract at least 2 points because:

1) The game's NPCs are utterly annoying by being single-headed fools that try way too much to be excited. Not only they act like drunk bafoons all the time, almost all stories are uninteresting

2) The game is in need for extreme grinding in order to reach 100% completion. i.e. it becomes a chore to complete it fully and you might be better off not reaching 100% completion.

All in all the game is definitely not bad but be warned, it's not perfect, especially if you are experienced at gaming. Highly recommended if you haven't played good racing though.

PS. Never play a game like this with a keyboard, always use a good controller, at least.
  71. Apr 14, 2019
    Great open world racing game. Better than FH3, which I would give only 8.0 out of 10, because of the technical issues I had with it. FH4 is a great game that any racing game enthusiast should check out.
    - Even better driving physics than in FH3, more refined, different season and different road conditions wet, dirt, snow, ice etc etc.
    - More interesting cars from in Standard edition. A
    - More interesting cars from in Standard edition. A lot of cars to choose from.
    - Credit balance seems to be tighter, so you actually care about earning credits with different races.
    - Beautiful world, more variety than the last game.
    - Great performance on medium level gaming PC Ultra high setting on FHD screen. 4 core intel 12GB RAM GTX1060.
    - Racing events are more refined, better tracks.

9.5 out of 10.
  72. Nov 21, 2019
  73. May 4, 2020
    It's the most fun I've had with a racing game since Gran Turismo 4. Racing games these days are either too focused on track racing or being realistic. Forza Horizon 4 balances arcade racing with realism, adds in old RPG-elements similar to old Gran Turismo games, and lets you drive around a big world. Basically think of it like GTA5, expect with more focus on driving.
  74. Jun 20, 2020
    One of the best arcade racing games of modern time, along with the previous part: excellent graphics, wonderful music and solid physics. Annoying add-on ads and things falling out of roulette.
  75. Nov 3, 2019
    I'm playing this on a Win 10 PC with an Xbox controller. I love this game, it's loads of fun. It's not perfect; it's a bit buggy at times, unlocking all on Treasure Island can be a bit of an unnecessary grind, and there's other minor annoyances - but it looks great on 1440p, has plenty of cars to choose from and is a great game to get lost in and have a laugh.
  76. Jul 19, 2019
    Main evaluation criteria:
    -Story: 7
    -Atmosphere: 9 -Characters: 6 -Graphics and design: 10 -Gameplay: 9 -Sound and Music: 8 -Physic: 10 -Bugs: 10 -Interface: 10 -Completeness of the world: 7 -Balance (Multiplayer): 8 -Donates influence on the game (Pay to win): 9 Аdditional evaluation criteria (Do not really affect the assessment): -Freedom of choice: 0 -Multiplayer: 9
    Main evaluation criteria:
    -Interface: 10
    -Completeness of the world: 7
    -Balance (Multiplayer): 8
    -Donates influence on the game (Pay to win): 9

Аdditional evaluation criteria (Do not really affect the assessment):
    -Freedom of choice: 0
    -Multiplayer: 9
    -Mods and the ability to change the game: 0

Scores from 1 to 10, the higher the better
  77. Mar 4, 2019
    Forza Horizon 4 is an excellent game, the UK countryside is beautiful, the dynamic seasons are a nice change, and the 450+ cars are all awesome... but this game has a couple drawbacks.

The way they brought the UK countryside to life is brilliant and I absolutely love exploring the massive open worlds that playground creates and the addition of seasons brings a nice dynamic change to both visuals and difficulty.

With 450+ cars with full details and interiors, this racing game is ahead of all competitors in that respect, unless you are a fan of Toyota cars as they have still not been able to include those vehicles in the game. Though it was great to see they were able to get Mitsubishi back in to the game for those WRX vs Evo battles.

The online community has never been great in most racing games, and without any sort of punitive system like Gran Turismo's penalties and sportsmanship ranking, it won't get better any time soon.

The progression in the game is poor to me because while you start out with a lower tier vehicle, the game will have you in a high end monster within the first couple hours as it will throw it's 450 vehicles at you every chance it gets. It seems like everyone has an exotic at level 10, and game progression is basically lost at that point in favour of collection, and having a wheelspin rewarding mechanic makes this even worse.

Also, feel free to ignore the cringey characters, dialogue, cutscenes, awkward pop culture references, subpar and short soundtrack, and emotes from other players as I do. It is also important to mention that to get the full game experience... you should buy the ultimate edition, which comes at a price premium sadly.

+ Beautiful graphics
    + Excellent world design
    + More than 450 cars
    + All cars have interiors
    + Dynamic seasons are a great addition
    + Seamless cross-play with Xbox friends
    + Fun co-op story mode
    + Endless content

- Online racing is still terrible
    - No real sense of progression
    - Wheelspin is a terrible reward system
    - Microsoft Store launching can be problematic
    - Full content requires Ultimate Edition purchase

Overall, Horizon 4 is an excellent instalment and still worth the premium purchase price on PC, the game is a solid 8/10.
  78. Apr 9, 2020
    The best arcade online racing game you can find. It runs so smooth on my pc and it’s a beautiful game! And most important of all it’s FUN!!!
  79. Mar 16, 2020
    I think that this is truly a unique game and I would recommend that if you are a fan of this type of genre then I think you should give this game a try.
  80. Oct 25, 2019
    El mejor juego de autos que jugué. Lo compre por 1100 pesos argentinos(la edicion más cara) en oferta, pero merece la pena totalmente pagar los 2200 pesos actuales sin oferta por la mejor edición. Le doy un 9 por ser racional pero tranquilamente se le puede dar un 10.
  81. Oct 12, 2018
    Great game, plenty of varied races. I love the new array of cars and the new customisation options. The only thing I have to comment on is the fact that the multiplayer does seem a bit common and dull, you cannot hit into other players in free roam and some of it just doesn't feel right. However they have changed the whole game world with the new seasons and it really does change the wayGreat game, plenty of varied races. I love the new array of cars and the new customisation options. The only thing I have to comment on is the fact that the multiplayer does seem a bit common and dull, you cannot hit into other players in free roam and some of it just doesn't feel right. However they have changed the whole game world with the new seasons and it really does change the way you drive. Expand
  82. Oct 26, 2018
    the best arcade racing game i have ever played. great casual multiplayer fun. great graphics.
  83. Nov 2, 2018
    muy buenos graficos un gran mapa muchos veiculos y muchas horas de divercion todo eso hace de el un juegazo para los amantes de la conduccion .
  84. Nov 23, 2018
    Странно, что сначала предполагалось что The Crew 2 будет лучше форзы. Но, наоборот. Forza Horizon 4 можно дать игру года в плане гонок
  85. Nov 29, 2018
    I've given it an 8/10 because I genuinely enjoy playing it. The visuals are crisp, the handling model is considerably challenging, yet fun and forgiving, the world is more alive, there's customization (not many, but improved than the previous series). The reason to not give it a 10/10 for this game are as follows:

1. Hard to party up and stay partied with friends 2. You will get bored

1. Hard to party up and stay partied with friends
    2. You will get bored pretty fast if you don't know what to do next
    3. Really long queue time for ranked and sometimes for unranked matches
    4. Layers on some if not most of the cars for customizing are horrible (vinyl, stickers, etc)
    5. Almost impossible to import a saved wrap from previous title (amazingly long wait time)

I don't think I will change my rating until the problem addressed above is dealt with

TL;DR If you're a fan of the arcade to the sim-arcade styled racing game, I highly recommend buy or at least try the game. Who knows, maybe it'll be your money's worth and be a fan of the series
  86. Dec 15, 2018
    Me ha encantado, en este juego no hay trazada mala, en todo momento sientes que te estas divirtiendo, sobretodo con las carreras contra otras cosas q no sean coches, normal q se llevara el premio al mejor juego de conduccion de 2018, nadie le hace frente a Forza. Esta muy bien optimizado.
  87. Jun 12, 2020
    So I am going to start this off to let you know Microsoft deletes bad reviews, at least on their store spaces (like Xbox, game pass, etc.) which is a red flag right there. They have deleted 3 of mine, and I didnt use any bad language and it was nothing but fair critisim.

This game does have a lot of content and does look good, but there are so many issues that will leave you angry. Speaking of content, there is a lot, but its very repetitive, and unlike the previous Horizons, there is even less of a coherent story and world building.

There is still a ton of people who cant even get the game to launch and support has been of 0 help. It happened to me too, but I found a way around it, did some searching on the internet and found a solution for myself. Its amazing how bad the support is for this game, and this is a wide spread issue.

The next major issue with the game is there is no voice chat. I have had a support ticket for a year and still haven't had word back. So my guess is it will never work, and it really degrades the experience in so many ways since there is emphasis on social aspects. It is 100% broken it doesnt work even if your in a convoy together; it really makes it hard to communicate on team missions.

So the next problem would take a lot to explain but I will try to give you the short and sweet version. The AIs since the last update (maybe a few updates ago) are all messed up now. Instead of the higher difficulties being smarter or better drivers, it just makes their cars faster (which is a HUGE problem because there are class limits) and defy physics. Again without writing a book, there are so many other things the AIs can do that will make you angry and just pull the realism out of the experience, but that's just a taste.

The next thing is the physics, which I thought Forza was supposed to be like Gran Turismo and realistic, but sometimes the physics get a bit screwy. Especially against certain people online and the higher difficulty AIs, this is what will make you want to throw your controller through the TV. Theres nothing like when your about to win a long and difficult race, and then at the very end hit some kind of invisible wall, and loose everything.

There are a lot of other annoyances that again will make you just say "What!? Why!?", but I have made this long enough, but know there are a lot of other issues I can point out.
  88. Feb 13, 2019
    great game that will eat up many free time hours doing solo or banging it out with friends.
    lots & LOTS of cars but some you may never get cause of wheel spins.
    things i don't care for is the clothing & dancing BS.
    Oh, almost forgot how i HATE you can't sell your extra cars like in forza motorsport, you're forced to auction or delete which is TOTALLY BS !
  89. Feb 17, 2019
    the best game in the Forza horizon series. you have the release date wrong it was released October 2, 2018 not September 28th
  90. Nov 21, 2019
    Fun, avec son côté arcade où toutes les conduites sont récompensées (idéal, pour quelqu'un comme moi qui n'est qu'un piètre pilote !) par des points / de l'argent / des achievments.
    Je l'ai joué au clavier, puis ensuite au volant.
    Je l'ai joué au clavier, puis ensuite au volant.
    Graphiquement, c'est un plaisir à parcourir. Le jeu est fluide, très bien optimisé. Sans être le plus beau jeu de l'univers, il est très joli et le rapport beauté/framerate mérite d'être applaudi : le travail technique est parfait.

Je n'avais jamais fait de Horizon avant, et je ne suis pas grand fan des jeux de courses ; pour autant ce Forza m'a conquis, et me fait régulièrement lancer le jeu pour m'y ballader en "casu de la route" et en y prenant beaucoup de plaisir.

Le côté monde ouvert avec sa vaste carte est appréciable, les fonctions comme "acheter une maison" et collectionner des voitures m'a rappelé Test Drive Unlimited. C'est agréable de ne pas être cantonné à ne devoir QUE faire des courses non stop, la conduite est aussi un plaisir de ballade et ce F.H l'a bien compris
  91. Mar 30, 2019
    While single player is quite decent multiplayer (ranked) is broken and too frustrating:
    1. U can not vote for type of race (off-road, street, etc)
    2. Physics is completely ruined, somehow wallhugging is more profitable than clean driving.
    3. No penalties for mess on the road - u can be ramed by others.
    4. Trash free-roam races.
  92. May 26, 2019
    Its a great game. The world is beautiful and i love take the road only to make a "car trip". The radio are great too. All i want in a driving game i found in this!
  93. Jul 27, 2019
    Definição: Melhor jogo de corrida atual, mas poderia ser bem melhor.

Após 200h de gameplay, há muitas coisas a comentar. Forza Horizon 4 executa diversos aspectos com maestria, mas leva outro de maneiras mediocres, o que o separa mais ainda da possivel perfeição. Meu jogo preferido da franquia é o Horizon 3, que apesar de pecar em diversos aspectos, tem algo quer o FH4 falhou em
    Definição: Melhor jogo de corrida atual, mas poderia ser bem melhor.

Meu jogo preferido da franquia é o Horizon 3, que apesar de pecar em diversos aspectos, tem algo quer o FH4 falhou em entregar: Atmosfera.
    Eu entendi a ideia da Playground: "Um jogo no qual o festival nunca acaba" eu gostei muito disso, o problema foi a implementação. O mapa é lindissimo, mas não entrega a atmosfera Horizon que o 3 entregava. Ele é lindo e extenso, mas peca na diversidade - mesmo que o mapa mude por completo nas temporadas.

A trilha sonora é excelente, talvez a melhor num jogo de corrida. Os graficos são estonteantes, principalmente se está a jogar num Xbox One X, ou PC, como no meu caso. A jogabilidade/fisica do jogo foram claramente aprimorados, apesar de não ser um salto tão notavel, assim como no FM7.

A nova ferramenta de criação de pistas da uma otima sobrevida ao jogo, e os eventos são legais, apesar de, infelizmente, seguirem a temporada atual no game.

Enfim, o que separou FH4 da perfeição foram certos aspectos retidados que apenas acressentariam no game. Que em 2021, quando o proximo Horizon viem, tais erros sejam nada mais que passado.
  94. Mar 10, 2020
    This game is by far the best open world driving experience to date. Mechanics, graphics, physics and overall gameplay is (as always with Forza) the best you can get. There are a few things that can annoy you like online players not racing but playing bumper cars, not having unlimited car slots in your garage and the rewind mechanic doesn't always work like you want it to but that can'tThis game is by far the best open world driving experience to date. Mechanics, graphics, physics and overall gameplay is (as always with Forza) the best you can get. There are a few things that can annoy you like online players not racing but playing bumper cars, not having unlimited car slots in your garage and the rewind mechanic doesn't always work like you want it to but that can't take anything away from the most awesome and realistic driving experience ever made. Expand
  95. Apr 12, 2020
    Es una joya de videojuego, hermoso visualmente, jugabilidad fantástica, y carreras realmente buenas.
  96. Feb 26, 2020
    As usual, wonderful setting and graphics as well as an in depth selection of cars. A step up from Horizon 3 regarding performance.
  97. Oct 27, 2019
    good game but the sound files of game are not good and the tuning options are not much. They need more tuning options
  98. Oct 27, 2019
    Amazing game. Beautiful graphics. Many of cars.
    Great optimization on my low-medium pc.
    Playground Games do amazing work and give to us best racing game
  99. Nov 15, 2019
    I'm really glad I purchased this game. The car list is incredible, the map is fun to play on, the graphics are beautiful, and the cars feel great to drive.

Pros -expansive car list -good map -cool "showcase" events -fun multiplayer -great competitive scene on Discord servers(Hoki Hoshi for me, personally) -tons of stuff to do -fantastic amount of tuning ability, I've never played

Pros
    -expansive car list
    -good map
    -cool "showcase" events
    -fun multiplayer
    -great competitive scene on Discord servers(Hoki Hoshi for me, personally)
    -tons of stuff to do
    -fantastic amount of tuning ability, I've never played another racer outside of the Forza series with this level.

Cons
    -Playing with friends can be a bit of a pain to get it to work
    -Extensively long tutorial; which keeps you in single player until it's complete
    -Cars could use some more cosmetic customization. Many cars only have 1-2 spoilers, body kits etc.
    -some of the balance in the Rivals mode is off. They claim to be fixing it come next patch by banning certain cars that just dominate races. We'll see.
  100. Dec 1, 2019
    Forza Horizon 4 is brilliant. It's a racer that's for everybody, instantly accessible for people who don't play racing games, but with enough depth and difficulty to satisfy gamers who prefer simulation. The very premise of Horizon 4 is fun. The quirky, bouncy voice-overs and the festival vibe keeps things free and light-hearted. Races are aimed at creating tight, balanced races that areForza Horizon 4 is brilliant. It's a racer that's for everybody, instantly accessible for people who don't play racing games, but with enough depth and difficulty to satisfy gamers who prefer simulation. The very premise of Horizon 4 is fun. The quirky, bouncy voice-overs and the festival vibe keeps things free and light-hearted. Races are aimed at creating tight, balanced races that are fun no matter what vehicle you drive, and it does this well. It's fun to just jump in a random race you find.
    There is a lot of depth to the game, multiple race disciplines keep things interesting and all are genuinely fun. If you get bored of one discipline you can jump in another and get the hang of it really quickly. It doesn't force you through awkward drifting mini-games or shift orientated drag races.
    Graphically the game is stunning. There is no other word, the cars and environments are photo-realistic. Set any screenshot as my desktop background and I wouldn't even suspect it wasn't the Lake District. The cars themselves look fantastic, lighting is done very well.
    The seasons mechanics is one of the main attractions to Forza Horizon 4 and have to say it is an interesting one. Certain driving disciplines are more tailored to different seasons, so Winter is good for dirt for example, and Summer more for road racing, and that can get frustrating if you want to change seasons. Seasons are locked to the servers, meaning every week they change, you can't change them in game by moving ahead seasons for example. Each season though does look amazing in it's own way, and adds diversity to game campaign.
    The long game though is predictably more tailored towards casual gamers. It can be easy to get a big roster of cars without actually having bought one yourself. In this way the game can be easy if you're more of a simulation racer, but Forza Horizon 4 isn't trying to be.

Pros
    -Beautiful graphics
    -Embodiment of fun
    -Accessible to all types of gamers
    -Reasonable roster of cars
    -Celebration of car culture

Cons
    -Season mechanic can get old, with no way to change to a favourable season

Forza Horizon 4 is a beautiful game, well polished and full of cars and stunning environments. One more for the casual crowd but fun nonetheless, a fantastic celebration of car culture.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 22 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Feb 13, 2019
    After a bit too conservative Forza Horizon 3, which was just an improved second Horizon, the latest game in the series easily exceeded my expectations. Its world is enormous and full of various activities (including seasonal events), the driving model is exceptional both on and off road, there are over 450 varied cars and the PC version is spectacular. All that makes Forza Horizon 4 the best open world racing game I have ever played. [12/2018, p.66]
    With the implementation of seasons and a new location, this installment in the series make for a wonderful, fulfilling racing experience, although it has a few minor bugs that need fixing.
  3. Oct 18, 2018
    Playground Games newest addition to the open world racing genre is everything you can expect from a game that belongs to the Forza family. It’s easy to learn due its granular design, yet it provides deep tuning tools for the connoisseur. Despite its numerous and solid online systems that feeds its communities, the series feels like it has forgotten its competitive roots. Despite this, Forza Horizon 4 invites you to take part in its copious amenities and, in the end, the experience feels like your own, as long as you do not demand too much from the multiplayer.