4.5

1. Oct 13, 2017
    Oh well... were do I even begin.
    Forza Motorsports should be a TOP 10 game and this can be true if you played the game for up to 2 hours. If you played the game for more than 4-5 hours you'll begin to see the problems arise from everywhere.
    Oh well... were do I even begin.

The Game does not have a good A.I. at all. I'll describe the basic movement of the cars. First minutes of race, all the cards stick together for the first minute, after that, either if you manage to pass by all of them or not, the first 2 cars will speed up way ahead, like they have a proton torpedo as a back burner or something. Any increase in difficulty will only make matters worse as those 2 first cars will seem like they are defying the laws of gravity and acceleration. All the other cars are basically expendable.

Since you can't quality for a good spot you'll always starts in the middle and need to scale up to first place. This becomes boring after a while. More than 3 hours and you'll want to dump this game into the trash, screaming in agony. Why there is no qualification anymore? Why are all cars behaving like this? it is so predicable and unreal.

Game difficulty with assists is GONE, you no longer get more points for driving like a pro, you'll get points by adding MODS which is BY FAR the least interesting aspect of the game. I hated mods on Forza 6 and tried to minimize it's use but you can't do that here because it is the only way to get extra points for each race so you'll have to use it whether you like it or not.

That's the second worse mistake Forza 7 made. You don't have a choice in how you want to play anymore, you'll force into the stupid buy packs and equip mods...

Then, there's the other worse mistake they could make, lock cars into homologation. You're no longer able to tune your cars with REAL MODS, not those fake cards. As soon as you try to increase the motor's power you exceed the category limit and you're locked out from modding your car, so tell me, why mod a car anyway if it's only useful for a FREE RACE outside the campaign and it's also not available in multiplayer?. Why this travesty?.

Not only that, you're no longer able to buy any car you want, you need to up your collectionist level to get the car you want so you're forced (once again) to do a stupid progresion buying cars you are NOT interested at all so you can get to that car you want to drive.

The game focuses so much on the Mods and Packs and random cars inside packs that I feel like I'm playing a stupid freemium game from my android phone, they completely trashed the good old Forza 6.

All of this combined with the evil necessity of the game of putting you're entire body on display so you'll know you'll have 500 suits and helmets to buy.. your avatar is everywhere and it's useless. I prefer the Forza 6 menu where I could easily go into the Garage or Race or just compete online.

Last but not least.. the beautiful garage is gone so, basically, you no longer own a car like you did in Forza 6. That "appeal" you felt when you bought a car and you check it in your garage.. you felt like it was yours to do whatever you pleased..

Now you're forced to buy non-interesting cars so you can get to the one you want and on top of that you are also forced to play the car "as it is" because doing any kind of mod will lock you out because of getting out of homologation.

Whoever devised this changes should be fired right away.

My beautiful Forza series got completely trashed for profit. This game now feels like a rip off, a cheap Forza built for the masses of dumb people who just WANT TO RACE and BUY STUFF.

And don't get me started with the VIP treatment on this game...

If you still have an Xbox One, go play Forza 6, it's the best in the series so far, even with the troubled rain, which is the only thing that improved on this game.
  2. Oct 13, 2017
    Don't buy. Asking for Support may get you a life-time ban by Moderators. Just look at the forums to see how they react. They will not accept any discussion besides soothsaying. And there is lots of discussion to be made with this kind of stripped and buggy game.
  3. Oct 20, 2017
    Take your loot boxes elsewhere. I highly recommend NOT to buy this game or ANY game that is basically saying your an idiot that likes to throw money at rich execs. One step further to the death of video games.Thanks for taking the fun out of games!
  4. Oct 4, 2017
    Microsoft is a greedy disgrace to the gamers they could of been a juggernaut in this industry and sell their games with no micro-transactions.

This is the last game I buy from microsoft ever. I'll be spending my money on games that don't have this in them.

Getting annoyed by the way things are going lately. Shame on you microsoft.
  5. Oct 3, 2017
    This is my first Forza game since Forza 4 back on the 360. I spent hours and hours on that game (and Forza 3) just playing time trial and racing my ghost trying to get as high up the leaderboards as I could.. For some reason that option isn't available in this game. It's one of the main reasons I got the game!

Add to that the V.I.P. not being a permanent CR boost like previous titles,

Add to that the V.I.P. not being a permanent CR boost like previous titles, the constant random crashing (not just me, but plenty of others with the same issue) The new tuning system, no test drive option from the tuning menus, no CR boost for turning assists off and certain cars only available from lotto loot crates. This game could have been perfect, but these changes aren't good. This is the first game I pre-ordered for years.

I won't be doing it again, and I certainly won't be buying another Forza game. The racing itself is still good, but the issues I've listed leave a very bad taste in the mouth.
  6. Oct 12, 2017
    As a long time fan of racing sims, I am extremely disappointed.
    So many technical problems, broken options, baffling design decisions, missing features, and horrendous AI.
    As a long time fan of racing sims, I am extremely disappointed.

The nature of the racing in this game is terrible. It's not even arcadey - that can be extremely fun - it's just bad. Made even worse in that this is pretending to be more sim-like in appearance. Always starting in the middle of the field and having to battle against cheating, aggressive AI means this is effectively just a series of passing challenges while playing demo derby. It's not even racing, it's just trying to look like racing.

And that's before you get to the gambling aspect with the microtransactions. Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear.

Oh yeah, and they took away rewards for using no driver aids. That's part of the lootbox system now.

Good aspects: it's got a lot of cars?

FH3 was better. But get something else entirely, please. Don't give them your money.
  7. Oct 3, 2017
    Forza Motorsport 7 is a great game on Xbox. On the PC version there are too many issues to warrant a good review. It doesn't support G-SYNC, it crashes every 20 minutes to dekstop, i get around 0.1 frames per second in every menu and the force feedback is not making any sense. You can't test drive your tuning setups and this new tuning system is very limited. Some cars are locked behindForza Motorsport 7 is a great game on Xbox. On the PC version there are too many issues to warrant a good review. It doesn't support G-SYNC, it crashes every 20 minutes to dekstop, i get around 0.1 frames per second in every menu and the force feedback is not making any sense. You can't test drive your tuning setups and this new tuning system is very limited. Some cars are locked behind lootbox luck and the DLC is way overpriced. There is a card system that really doesn't belong at all in the Motorsport franchise.

Do you like racing trucks? Microsoft and Turn10 does! Who came up with this idea?

At least the graphics and physics are good, for 10-20 minutes before it crashes. The customization is also top notch and there are plenty of cars and tracks.

Avoid this game on PC and buy it on Xbox, where these issues are far less common but still exist.

What a shame on such a great game. Worth noting is that Forza Horizon 3 was pretty much unplayable on PC as well. Microsoft needs to step up their PC-port game.

My computer: i7700k, GTX 1080, 16gb 3200mhz RAM, installed on SSD.
  8. Oct 10, 2017
    They took most of what made Forza great and either removed it or put it behind a paywall. Crass commercialization at it's finest. Stick to Forza 6 or even Project Cars 2 instead of this steaming pile.
  9. Oct 14, 2017
    I just look at these review scores and wonder how much microsoft paid these guys... I mean there is NO way these reviewers can give those scores for a game that runs and plays like it does in it's current state. Yea it has crates/mods and that is a negative, but the state of the game itself is too fragile to be praised for it's good career mode and meh homologation. Don't get me started onI just look at these review scores and wonder how much microsoft paid these guys... I mean there is NO way these reviewers can give those scores for a game that runs and plays like it does in it's current state. Yea it has crates/mods and that is a negative, but the state of the game itself is too fragile to be praised for it's good career mode and meh homologation. Don't get me started on the Microsuck store.... Expand
  10. Oct 4, 2017
    Buzz light year voice: Micro-transactions, micro-transactions everywhere.

Lesson learned, never buy $60 games with F2P stuff in them. Never again buying games from Microsoft or any other AAA game dev who does this. Even cosmetic items do not belong in paid games. This game industry is gross and sickening. If you want to make sure game devs stop adding this in games buy games
    Buzz light year voice: Micro-transactions, micro-transactions everywhere.

Lesson learned, never buy $60 games with F2P stuff in them.

This game industry is gross and sickening.

If you want to make sure game devs stop adding this in games buy games from good game devs like CDPR, Larian, Nordic THQ.
  11. Oct 4, 2017
    I am a Forza player since FM2 (and all Horizon's). While the content and quality of the game improves each year, so do the bad money stealing practices. -9 points for taking away the usual VIP benefits, ridiculous lootboxes and microtransactions. -1 point for Greenwalt guy being "funny" about it on Twitter.
  12. Oct 4, 2017
    If MS can't be bothered to release their games on steam then I can't be bothered to give MS any of my money ever.

MS do the RIGHT THING and release all your games on steam or suffer the consequences of me and millions of others pc gamers not giving you money.

Stop treating pc gamers like trash.

Game has fabulous graphics I'll give it that
  13. Apr 16, 2018
    And all at a locked 60FPS, if it looks this good I can't imagine how good it will look experience
  14. Apr 16, 2018
    As a Forza fan I'm happy. Some questionable design choices like loot boxes are really overshadowed as has delivered on so many other
  15. Jan 28, 2019
    It's nice racing game, but handling feels too arcade. Miss Forza Motorsport 4 times.
  16. Oct 4, 2017
    No Steam no buy disappointed in Microsoft for not fully embracing Steam as it is a go-to platform for buying pc games and the one where you can get the most of them.
  17. Oct 4, 2017
    Not on Steam or gog, has micro-transactions, no server browser list for finding games quickly.

Microsoft's CEO and shareholders should be ashamed for treating PC gamers like this.
  18. Oct 11, 2017
    great game ruined by MS$$$$
    besides homologation it does not have any flaws.
    except the pay to earn dna, which is retarded.
    don't buy it now, wait for STRONG discounts.
  19. Oct 17, 2017
    I downloaded hoping it'll be better than FH3 because that PC port was bad like super bad still cannot play to this day.
    Needed a Chill out game from Sim racing i do in PC2 and Assettoo corsra so bought this to kill time do some painting.Boom crash!
    load up again after micro shuttering in menus AGAIN bought me back to FH3 again FFS So loaded into race did 2 laps Bathurst after finshing
    So loaded into race did 2 laps Bathurst after finshing Crash!!!! to desk top.
    though mm werid do top gear track after doing another car up Crash!
    this game is awsome at crashing it really is
  20. Oct 3, 2017
    Before I learned about the Forza Franchise and played Forza Horizon 2 on XBox I hated racing games. Really. This genre bored me to death since SEGA Ralley and Daytona USA on my Saturn System. Those were the last racers I enjoyed before I got in touch with Forza on XBox in 2015. Forza 7 is in terms of gameplay, content, physics and graphical fidelity the Olympus of racing across allBefore I learned about the Forza Franchise and played Forza Horizon 2 on XBox I hated racing games. Really. This genre bored me to death since SEGA Ralley and Daytona USA on my Saturn System. Those were the last racers I enjoyed before I got in touch with Forza on XBox in 2015. Forza 7 is in terms of gameplay, content, physics and graphical fidelity the Olympus of racing across all platforms. Its the perfection of the whole franchise. On default when you begin a forza motorsports game are set to bring a fun and arcadic gameplay even to the untalentest gamer and it offers Options enough to give the pros a experience very very close to a sim style kind of racing games. Forza 7 runs great on XBox One (S), XBox One X and high end PCs. I dont know how turn 10 could be able to top this experience anymore in further games. Expand
  21. Oct 9, 2017
    Alright - I will be perfectly honest. This game has barely evolved since the days of the 360. The sentiment here is that they keep on repackaging the same product with some minor improvements and gimmicky implementations that do little in the way of advancing the genre. Weather and time of day are partial and nothing on the level of what has been done in the past by other franchises.Alright - I will be perfectly honest. This game has barely evolved since the days of the 360. The sentiment here is that they keep on repackaging the same product with some minor improvements and gimmicky implementations that do little in the way of advancing the genre. Weather and time of day are partial and nothing on the level of what has been done in the past by other franchises. Micro-transactions are aggressive and game-play is drifting always further away from its sim-like pretensions. The visuals have always looked synthetic to me, and I can't say that this is doing much to improve my past impressions in this department - Cars and track are ok, but don't hold well to scrutiny. I wouldn't recommend this game if you own the previous ones - I would instead wait for the studio to take steps to show us some true generational improvements over its older entries. Expand
  22. Oct 7, 2017
    MS store exclusive/Win 10 exclusive/microtransactions.

No Steam/no Win 7 64bit/no buy

MS put this game on Steam and I will buy it, furthermore bring Forza Horizon 3 to Steam with Win 7 64bit and port Forza Motorsport/2/3/4/5/6 actual game not free to play/Horizon/Horizon 2 to Steam on Win 7 64bit and I shall buy em all.

Or continue ignoring wanting me to give you money.
  23. Oct 14, 2017
    I think Microsoft made several errors with this release. I will offer constructive criticism using this account to review, as opposed to useless complaining. But I will still rate it a 3 out of 10 for the graphics and pushing the hardware requirements forward so things like new GPUs and CPUs are actually worth purchasing to play these type of games.

The first error was not releasing the

The first error was not releasing the game through a DRM-free channel like GOG or just plain DRM-free from the get go. If they did this, they would have garnered the goodwill of PC gamers showing us that they don't need DRM to sell their games to us.

I honestly do not care about Windows 10, I have gone through all the privacy things and it is just fine with me especially since it means games can be natively DX12 and make good use of PC hardware rather than be hamstrung by backwards compatibility.

The second error was the micro-transactions, what they should have done is bundle all of the things they want to sell as extra, as one big expansion. That method would have worked much better and they would have avoided the negative press from micro-transactions.

This shows how disconnected the game developers and companies actually are from the PC gamers who purchase their games to support development of future games. PC gamers do not like micro-transactions.

Microsoft should sell all their games DRM-free and feature complete with expansions later, that would have done much to improve their public relations with PC gamers. It would actually encourage people to buy more games made by their game development teams.

Sigh. Just another missed opportunity, no matter how good the actual game itself is.
  24. Oct 4, 2017
    FM7 is just a big scam. I've never been so disappointed. The VIP is not a VIP anymore. Double credits only for a limited numver of races?? What the hell? And and the stupid loot boxes! The economy in this game si so bad that Turn10 will push you to BUY those boxes with REAL MONEY. Microtransactions are coming back. So basically we have a free to play android game ....where you need yourFM7 is just a big scam. I've never been so disappointed. The VIP is not a VIP anymore. Double credits only for a limited numver of races?? What the hell? And and the stupid loot boxes! The economy in this game si so bad that Turn10 will push you to BUY those boxes with REAL MONEY. Microtransactions are coming back. So basically we have a free to play android game ....where you need your wallet to actually go forward getting more cars. I have 1 million cr and I'm already afraid to spend it. What you win in career mode and multiplayer is not enough. Oh btw...multiplayer?? This game is out since the 29th and we still don't have our a-b-c lobbies, we still don't have the adjudication system (a sort of penalty system for crashers and corner cutters) that Turn 10 promised usPlus there are still features locked. Hundreds of people already refund their money, even players who play since Forza 2. And I thought FM5 was the worst of all..... Expand
  25. Oct 23, 2017
    First off im a fan of previous forza games, This one though is terrible cant connect to multiplayer at all, Framedrops ingame, constant crashing when modifying cars, stupid homologation system that takes the fun out of upgrading cars to better classes, and to top it all off the game is launched feature incomplete no auction house or forzathon.

A true rushed trash piece of software.
  26. Oct 4, 2017
    This game not being on Steam is a catastrophe of epic proportions.

I will not spend money on games on the Win store. Put the game up on Steam and you shall get my money, I will wait for this game to come to Steam and then you can get my money.
  27. Oct 15, 2017
    Very Very boring and terrible racing game that is over hyped. There are far better racing games out there. The graphics are fine...all in all a let down. And the PC version is even worse. A real rubbish full of bugs!
  28. Oct 7, 2017
    All the trolls rating 0 because it's not available on steam and complaing about windows store are pathetic turds. You're supposed to rate the game, not the distribution platform.
  29. Oct 8, 2017
    FM7 is scam. The VIP is not a VIP anymore. Double credits only for a limited number of races.
    and they change that afther we bought the gmae and vip pass !!!!

30. Oct 4, 2017
    Amazing games. a lot of cars, great perfomance on pc( 4k on ultra) 60fps. ofers more things than other racing games. good soundtrack. i hace a trustmaster tx and its so good to drive it. force feedback ists very realistic. in can drift easy. dinamic weather. perfect game
  31. Oct 4, 2017
    Terrible pitstop, weather only on few maps, impossible set night and rain, no qualification lap, no led on g27, only two new locations.

Good graphics and sound, many cars.

PC2 is better
  32. Oct 8, 2017
    Glitchfest, micro-transactions, unstable as hell and sub-par driving experience.

Not worth my 140$ CAD.

Never pre-ordering anything again, I could almost call this a scam.
  33. Oct 6, 2017
    MS Store and Win 10 makes this game inaccessible to many (and more as a sales pitch for MS), then after making the effort to jump through the hoops and pay an exorbitant amount for the game, it runs poorly, crashes frequently, and has pay to earn game mechanics. Was looking forward to the game and unfortunately it is a massive flop. Thumbs down and buyer beware.
  34. Nov 30, 2017
    As a decade-long Forza fan, I am pleased to say that this game is no worse than the others in the series. The prize crates don't make the game any better, but they don't make it worse like everyone else is saying either. The game is extremely well-optimized and gorgeous, with great dynamic optimisation, and decent support for a range of input devices; though the game feels designed for aAs a decade-long Forza fan, I am pleased to say that this game is no worse than the others in the series. The prize crates don't make the game any better, but they don't make it worse like everyone else is saying either. The game is extremely well-optimized and gorgeous, with great dynamic optimisation, and decent support for a range of input devices; though the game feels designed for a controller rather than even an official wheel like the G920. The force feedback and overall experience on a wheel - particularly navigating menus - is not great. Certainly Project Cars 2 is better on a wheel than this (when it works that is!). But Forza remains the undisputed champion when it comes to cars. The level of customisation and attention to detail for every single car is unrivaled, and the whole experience still feels satisfying for newcomers and veterans alike, despite the lack of fundamental changes to the tried-and-tested formula.

I understand the downvotes due to the microtransactions and essentially creating the driver and suits purely for such purposes, but it must be said that these are completely optional and do not take away from the game. You are not at a disadvantage by not spending any money beyond the initial purchase price. Sure, the game wants you to buy prize crates, but these are reasonably priced with in-game credits.

The only thing I really wish Forza did was to have more cars (at least all of the ones in previous Forza games) and some more "ordinary" cars as there were in Forza Motorsport 4. My other request would be more tracks. If this game had the tracks, helmet cam, weather effects and wheel support found in Project Cars 2 it would be a 10/10. Yet the only innovation this entry brings to the series is yet another scheme for sustainable revenue based on the largely loathed system of loot boxes.
  35. Oct 18, 2017
    I loved this game so much that played more hours then any other motorsport series. The campaign is so fun and the multiplayer is so enjoyable. Don't believe some of the reviews there is no microtransction in this game like the previous motorsports series.
  36. May 26, 2018
    I bought F7 when it came out for PC. It is the first and the only one full price "AAA" racing simulator I have ever uninstalled from my PC while still being a new game, after about two months of playing. I give +1 for it's car selection. Other than that, not worth buying and I regret purchasing it. Luckily there are several AAA PC racing sims out there for us to choose. Forza 7 hasI bought F7 when it came out for PC. It is the first and the only one full price "AAA" racing simulator I have ever uninstalled from my PC while still being a new game, after about two months of playing. I give +1 for it's car selection. Other than that, not worth buying and I regret purchasing it. Luckily there are several AAA PC racing sims out there for us to choose. Forza 7 has artificial pretended feeling, tons of completely pointless content, F7 world is very far away from the racing world. I swear this will be the only title made by Turn 10 studios I will ever buy. Did I already mention I regret buying it? Expand
  37. Jan 9, 2018
    not surprised IGN gave it a 95 absolutely ridiculous. Loot box Gambling fiasco and paywalls have destroyed this game stay away
  38. Oct 10, 2017
    Thanks for ruining one of my favorite Microsoft exclusive franchises. All the features are behind paywall with these silly prize box things. Pay2Earn!
  39. Oct 21, 2017
    I'll keep playing this because the engine in Forza is so good, but I don't think I've ever been more frustrated by a game in my life. It is right on the precipice of "incredible", but Turn 10 has managed to castrate this title in a number of ways:

- AI: The AI is **** infuriating. I have tried every configuration possible: turning "limit aggression" on/off, trying every difficulty

- AI:
    on/off, trying every difficulty setting from normal to unbeatable, etc. The first corner is always a
    bumper car **** show, and the AI basically exhibits zero awareness that you are even on the track
    with them. On some tracks, they are cake. On others it seems they have replaced their engines
    with rockets (homologation my ass!).
    - VIP
    I bought this. Joke's on me! VIP is **** joke.
    - Tuning/Homologation:
    Homologation takes away most of the freedom that made Forza great. When you do eventually
    decide to tune a car, good luck finding "Test Drive"! Seriously, why was the quick test drive option
    removed?
    - Loot Crates/Other F2P Bull****:
    Things that were features in previous games are now behind pay walls. **** you Turn 10. I payed
    $100 for this game, I should not have to put another cent into for a long time.
    - PC Stability:
    The game crashes at least once per session. My PC is more than up to the task (i7 5930K @ 4.5GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000MHz, 2x GTX 1080 in SLI)

The only reason I will keep playing this is because the engine is so good, and there just aren't really any viable competitors in this genre (for now!).
  40. Feb 10, 2018
    I really like to play but Microsoft more likes to empty the money from our pockets. I'll never buy another game from this scammer
  41. Feb 27, 2018
    Forza MotorSport 7 is a failure, constant problems with the game, or you can not run it, or crash to the desktop, and besides, terribly boring. Total toss.
  42. Apr 16, 2018
    The worst thing about Forza is that it may have stolen me away from the 'Forza Motorsport' series for good.
  43. Apr 16, 2018
    good graphics, gameplay the envoirment is very good the tracks are almost the same that in real world
  44. Apr 16, 2018
    the best simiulation game on the 8th generation, 5 was good 6 better and 7.
  45. Apr 16, 2018
    The cars just get better looking, the handling more precise, and the overall experience more comprehensive and immersive.
  46. Oct 25, 2017
    Decent driving dynamics and track selection, good car selection, but the lack of Toyotas is unfortunate. The micro-transactions (i.e. loot crates), on the other hand, are not a welcome addition to the series. It was a very unfortunate choice to add them, and I hope they don't continue to make appearances in other popular series, and in future installments of Forza.

Edit: Ah, I cannot

Edit: Ah, I cannot forget the crashes. They are way too frequent, but thankfully have not occurred during any long races. If the game had crashed on lap 25 of an endurance race, I'd probably never touch it again.
  47. Jun 7, 2018
    Shame on you microsoft. Another poor port with a lot of problems and microtransation everywhere. What can be worst?
  48. Feb 19, 2019
    Let's get one thing straight. This game is absolutely gorgeous. I've broken the rest down to pros and cons based on playing the other games in the series:

PROS: The scenery and vehicle quality is amazing. The reproduction quality isn't the best, but most people won't notice the finer details. The physics are excellent, easily the best non-professional sim racer out there. CONS:

PROS:

CONS:
    They really tried their best to incorporate loot boxes. So much so that it's in every screen of the game. Let's all just be happy they aren't using loot boxes for engine mods or certain tracks and cars at this point. The stability is sub-par. I had to do quite a bit of tweaking to get it to run smoothly on my PC.

THE REALLY BIG CON:
    Remember Forza 4? You had 100 different series to choose from. With those series, you could choose which car you wanted to buy, tune it the way you want, and know that every upgrade you chose and setting you changed, that you had a better chance of winning. The thing that Forza 7 misses out on is the excitement of upgrading and tuning. (You might be sitting there like "what is this guy on about?") Sure, you get to upgrade, you get to tune... but most of the cars you win or receive from level-ups are already upgraded. Which means you lose the chance to really upgrade your car as you go. That and the added "class restrictions" means that even if you are given the ability to upgrade, you can only change a part or two. Tire size, engine horsepower, these are all limited by the event you choose.

With all this said, I'm split down the middle. I'm a fan of Forza Motorsport 4. I will always have an Xbox 360, just to play that game. However, I can't see me playing this game years from now... it just doesn't feel like Forza Motorsport.
  49. Sep 8, 2019
    A fun challenging game. It's a bit buggy in places, but they seem to have patched all the major glitches out. This was my first racing game purchase/experience. I did play Gran Toursimo on the PS2 at a friend's house many years ago though, so all my comparisons/expectations for what a racing game should be ultimately are judged from that earlier experience.

Pros: - beautiful -

Pros:
    - beautiful
    - obviously optimized for an XBO controller, so buy one, the game and controller are clearly designed for each other.
    - Tons of cars
    - Tons of tracks
    - night and weather(i hate, but it does add depth...)
    - Accurate physics
    - Car tuning per track to squeeze an ms or two out of a lap
    - Several tracks offer an almost hypnotic flow to some sections, a rythem almost. This probably isn't unique to this game, many racing games likely feel this way.
    - It needs to be said again, the game is gorgeous. The artists and all the programming that went into the presentation of the game deserves praise.

Cons:
    - I wish there was a licensing/test progression system similar to what Gran Tourismo did.
    - Can be buggy. One bug caused me to never experience tire wear or fuel usage. This obviously killed the immersion of longer races. They eventually patched it.
    - No incentive for clean driving. Online racing is a fiasco. If Online racing is your thing, DO NOT BUY. It's basically bumper cars with no sort of MMR system or anything.
    - AI can be very aggressive, it's not realistic. With no incentive to avoid running people off the road there's no reason for you or the AI to truly master courses.

They will need to redo their AI, I think, before they can implement a penalty system. I think, with no proof or evidence, that their AI was not capable of a more nuanced strategic racing approach. Without an effective penalty system, the online play will continue to be toxic. I prefer solo games, so the online failures aren't too big of a deal to me.

Now that I think about it, they NEED to redo their AI for the next title. If they fix the AI, they can implement penalties which will go a long way towards fixing the online issues. I hope they do.
  50. Nov 23, 2017
    Graficamente el juego se ve muy bien al jugarlo en 4k Ultra, sin embargo, existen muchos problemas de jugabilidad de este titulo y muy poco soporte o soluciones de parte de microsoft. No me gusta que el juego tenga tanto dlc a unos escazos meses de su lanzamiento y eso de las loot boxes.... es una plaga que le quita diversion al juego
  51. Oct 19, 2017
    MICROSOFT!!! XBOX!!!! WHY!! I Mean let's just start with the pointless loot boxes that don't nessasaraly break the game but there is a major frustration when knowing that mod cards had a much better function in Forza 6. 300,000 Cr for the most expensive of loot boxes for mods you would have in the previous game, the only new item is a cosmetic outfit you can't see whilst playing the game!MICROSOFT!!! XBOX!!!! WHY!! I Mean let's just start with the pointless loot boxes that don't nessasaraly break the game but there is a major frustration when knowing that mod cards had a much better function in Forza 6. 300,000 Cr for the most expensive of loot boxes for mods you would have in the previous game, the only new item is a cosmetic outfit you can't see whilst playing the game! Moving on past stupidity in Forza Motorsport 7 on the PC you have to Download 100gb of data because they're too lazy or greedy not to spare the expense on a disc copy like the xbox one which contains 50gb on the physical blu-ray disc. It's madness because I checked online and seen hundreds of cancelled downloads and server problems, which I can say it did cancel once for me after spending about 70 hours downloading it, Frustrating to say the least. And one more thing... PC Glitches!!! I don't know if xbox owners experienced this but after maybe just 2 hours of play I started to get consumed by a game breaking bug that would make the whole track disappear stopping me from winning or even just knowing when the next corner was coming up because the assets had glitched out forcing me to quit and even restart the whole game when it continued. But aside all that Forza 7 is rich with content including many race modes, 700+ Cars, Around 30 tracks and actual CAMPAIGN! Also it looks stunning in 4K 60fps with added hud, camera and weather effects. And After all the fixable stupid Issues that hamper the performance and the fun, deep down it still remains a core racing game that exceeds leaps and bounds higher than its rival GT SCAPES. Expand
  52. Oct 19, 2017
    Apesar de faltarem os mecânicos no pit, e do mimimi da comunidade, FM7 é um gande jogo de corrida que pode virar de um simulador a jogo arcade, só depende do jogador escolher entre jogar sem assistencias ou com assistencias.

Hj até players de GT jogam com muitas assistencias ligadas e ainda querem chamar assistencias ligadas de ser o modo simulação? Se vc não tem colhão para jogar sem assistencias vc esta jogando em modo arcade ou no maximo semi-simulação tanto no FM7 quanto no GT Sports.
  53. Jun 19, 2018
    I don't know about Xbox version but PC version sucks ass. I have 16GB, i7 processor, 1070 nvidia card. The game stutters, crashes to desktop all the time while even browsing items in menus. It is bugged (cars won't change their colours you pick for example). Progression system and campaign is slow and way too linear and with not enough options. Don't buy it, even with a discount.
  54. Apr 16, 2018
    Been playing it for about 10 hours. Few glitches, but nothing major window 10
  55. Jun 18, 2018
    Esse com certeza é o melhor jogo de simulação de corrida lançado até agora. Ele não é igual ao Project CARS 2, ele é muito divertido e talvez por ser um jogo de simulação para qualquer um. Se você não é experiente pode jogar com as ajudas de direção ou tirar algumas ajudas, mas, se você domina esses jogos de simulação e possui um volante então é só retirar qualquer ajuda de direção e serEsse com certeza é o melhor jogo de simulação de corrida lançado até agora. Ele não é igual ao Project CARS 2, ele é muito divertido e talvez por ser um jogo de simulação para qualquer um. Se você não é experiente pode jogar com as ajudas de direção ou tirar algumas ajudas, mas, se você domina esses jogos de simulação e possui um volante então é só retirar qualquer ajuda de direção e ser feliz. Ele tem muitos carros, muitas pistas ótimos gráficos e muita diversão. Expand
  56. Feb 13, 2019
    No Micro transaction !
    They have been fixing it up for over a year & it is better then when released.
    over a year ago the game had lots of problems & back then i'd score the game a 6 but now it's in a much better state. i would give it a 9 if they gave the same color, design features horizon 4 has. pretty much very close to forza motorsport 4 if that's what you're looking for on PC.
    No Micro transaction !
    They have been fixing it up for over a year & it is better then when released.
    i would give it a 9 if they gave the same color, design features horizon 4 has.
    game runs well on a gtx 970, can't wait to upgrade my video card in a yr or 2 when forza motorsaport 8 is released !
  57. May 17, 2019
    Ok so let see:
    Incredible broken AI that never losses traction even if you do with the same car, same conditions, same speed (I personally checked this)
    Ok so let see:
    No classification system?? Okey, what?? Why when you race against AI, Maria Rossi starts always first?? Off course it gonna be F***ing impossible to race against 12 others competitors and win in 3 laps in impossible mode?? Really? The guys who did this did ever see racing?? Holly F***ing god you're stupid...
    Oh and its laggy and unrealistic. I dont even care to say something else.
  58. Aug 24, 2019
    The Forza Motorsports games have always been the best racing games, up until Forza 6. That is when Microsoft decided that all video games now need microtransactions. Because of this we lost the realistic qualifying and simulated qualifying for Mod cards. Now we have to purchase grid positions with real money. And this after paying $60 for the game. Hey Microsoft, I am not going to pay realThe Forza Motorsports games have always been the best racing games, up until Forza 6. That is when Microsoft decided that all video games now need microtransactions. Because of this we lost the realistic qualifying and simulated qualifying for Mod cards. Now we have to purchase grid positions with real money. And this after paying $60 for the game. Hey Microsoft, I am not going to pay real money for mod cards. Microtransactions do not belong in Forza! If you want to win fans back, let me start on Pole if my car is the fastest. Also, what happened to AI in multiplayer? Hey Microsoft, I don't want to race against every idiot playing Forza! I want to race against my friends and have AI racers to trip them up. Forzas use of real tracks and cars has always been amazing. That is what sold me on the previous versions. Forza 4 was the best. I miss the car club and club garage where you could share cars with your car club members. This too is now gone. I'm sure for some monetary reason. Please bring back the quality that has been lost. Microtransactions are for phone games not console games! Expand
  59. Oct 4, 2019
    I want a refund. I made this account because this game is so awful. No sense of progress as you start out with tons of cars and money. Vehicle customization is barely there and unnecessary, one of the major sources of entertainment in prior releases. User interface is clunky and resembles a free-to-play. Voice over is cringey, telling me to form "epic rivalries" with AI that haveI want a refund. I made this account because this game is so awful. No sense of progress as you start out with tons of cars and money. Vehicle customization is barely there and unnecessary, one of the major sources of entertainment in prior releases. User interface is clunky and resembles a free-to-play. Voice over is cringey, telling me to form "epic rivalries" with AI that have names from my friendlist. No qualifying. Normally this wouldn't be an issue but the AI is terrible and get "stuck" on you and most races are 3ish laps, not long enough to pass the entire pack without ramming your way into the inside of a turn. Overall, just a very bad racing game. Expand
  60. Mar 31, 2020
    There's absolutely no satisfying grind, no sense of satisfaction because of the bat you get a tone of new cars. Also the menus are interconnected and convoluted AF. I will say that the driving physics are second to only the gran turismo series.
  61. Dec 1, 2019
    Great game with 800 cars to choose. GT Sport is nowhere near that level currently.

PC port is much more optimized right now.
  62. Dec 21, 2019
    Fantastic game one of the best racing ever made I love how many cars it have.
  63. Dec 24, 2019
    This game doesn't look bad, but the port to PC has got to be the worst pile of steaming DUNG i've ever seen. I loaded the game and instantly closed it and asked for my money back.
  64. Apr 17, 2020
    Forza Motorsport 7 is the seventh installment of the well established auto circuit racing series. The game suffers from many oversights, bugs and outright stupid decisions. But lets start with the positives. The number of cars is just staggering, the models are very nice, the circuits are aplenty and the audio is not bad at all. Had they applied some sort of meaningful progression systemForza Motorsport 7 is the seventh installment of the well established auto circuit racing series. The game suffers from many oversights, bugs and outright stupid decisions. But lets start with the positives. The number of cars is just staggering, the models are very nice, the circuits are aplenty and the audio is not bad at all. Had they applied some sort of meaningful progression system and added a decent AI, it might have been a fine game. Instead it is a boring grind. The progression system feels like such a chore and even though there are so many cars to choose from, it is not fun to collect them. Every car that you buy also comes already homologated for the division you are racing in, so there is no point even going into the upgrade menu. But the worst is yet to come. When you finally start the race, you will notice that you are starting from the back of the grid every single time, no matter how far in the campaign you are, no matter how well you are doing in the current "season", you always start from the back. So in a standard length race ( 2 to 5 laps, 4 to 10 minutes a race ), there is just not enough time to get past all of your opponents, if you are racing against an AI difficulty that is roughly equal to you. So you will either have to lower the difficulty, learn how to accept defeat or cheat. And cheating is very easy. There are no penalties for anything in the singleplayer mode. You can ram everyone, cut the corners by how much you want and there are going to be no repercussions. As a bonus to all that, there are all kinds of microtransactions. The price crates (regular loot boxes), which you can only buy for ingame currency are pretty suspicious and were probably also intended to be sold for real life money. And as for the assists: if you have got a steering wheel, turn off everything straight away, that is the only way you are going to learn to be faster and enjoy yourself at least a little bit. If you are playing on keyboard, I would probably keep the ABS on.

This game makes few things right and a lot of things wrong ( some of them very wrong). Unless you are a die hard circuit racing fan, I would not recommend this game to you. Final verdict: 40 %
  65. Feb 16, 2020
    I love the forza series, and this continues my love for it, but I'm constantly annoyed or interrupted by paywalls, and what really made me hate the game is good lord is it buggy, you want to customize your car paint? Well, good luck, because it shows up as another color. The game will decide to give you epilepsy and flash like crazy sometimes. It will freeze often, sometimes crash, and itsI love the forza series, and this continues my love for it, but I'm constantly annoyed or interrupted by paywalls, and what really made me hate the game is good lord is it buggy, you want to customize your car paint? Well, good luck, because it shows up as another color. The game will decide to give you epilepsy and flash like crazy sometimes. It will freeze often, sometimes crash, and its not my pc, i have a i7 9700k, 2060 TI, and 16gb 3000mhz. The car in front of me will be glitchly until you get to a certain distance, either it has no wheels or the car paint is a different color. Idk it seems like im the only one to have this problem, but it really messes with my experience. Expand
  66. Jun 20, 2020
    The game have been designed for microtransactions and since the lootboox fiasco they could not make money with this or gears, so now they dont even care for the dev of the game
  67. May 8, 2020
    I do not understand the bad scores. For me is a great game and probably, with horizon 4, the best racing game out there with lot of content and a lot of cars.
  68. May 22, 2020
    This is a decent game with good graphics and mechanics. This game also looks like it was made by a good developer team. The aesthetics of the game I will describe as modern and silver-like. The weird part is that you race typical economy cars as part of the career and do weird races with bowling pins(Forza Motorsport 4's idea...). The game has a diverse and abundant selection of tracks andThis is a decent game with good graphics and mechanics. This game also looks like it was made by a good developer team. The aesthetics of the game I will describe as modern and silver-like. The weird part is that you race typical economy cars as part of the career and do weird races with bowling pins(Forza Motorsport 4's idea...). The game has a diverse and abundant selection of tracks and cars. It takes hours to download though. Overall, this game gives a different vibe than most other racing games and is fun to play. Might look back with nostalgia. 7/10 Expand

Generally favorable reviews - based on 17 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Dec 19, 2017
    In its current form FM7 is not perfect (loot boxes!), but when it comes to the most important thing, namely the joy of driving, it’s simply the best racing game available regardless of platform. [12/2017, p.64]
  2. PC PowerPlay
    Dec 1, 2017
    A brilliant, detailed racing game that stays true to the series lineage, for better and for worse. [Issue#268, p.64]
  3. Edge Magazine
    Nov 9, 2017
    There's an incredible amount to do within the confines of a traditional racing game. Flawed, then, but pushing for the top of the podium all the same. [Christmas 2017, p.116]