4.8

1. Jan 21, 2012
    Overhyped, and under-performing. To call this a 'mission pack' is pretty dishonest-- it would be more accurate to call it an 'activity pack'. Several of the regular activities have been genki-fied, which would be nice, if they'd put nearly the kind of effort into these DLC activities that they did into the activities included in the base game.

The biggest let-down was "Apocalypse Genki",

The biggest let-down was "Apocalypse Genki", the jungle-themed S.E.R.C. successor. It seems like so much time and effort for only two short levels. To compare, the original S.E.R.C. has six instances. The only non-repackaged activity was Sad Panda Skydiving, and to be honest, it doesn't seem very well thought through. The mascots you're supposed to kill with a melee weapon tend to run into the trigger effect of over-sensitive cannons that will shoot you into the sky if you get too close, balloons aren't that useful and the sum total just isn't that much fun. And that's from someone who's already gotten all but one of the Sad Panda achievements in just three runs. Even when I'm doing great at it, it's just not something I'd prefer to do.

All in all I'm not feeling great about having bought the season pass, and I won't be pre-ordering anything from Volition or THQ anytime soon based on the hype to actual product ratio.
  2. Mar 13, 2012
    Terrible addon that is far from fun. This addon SHOULD OF BEEN FREE because ITS ALREADY ON THE DISK. Volition is terrible. They abusing there long time saints row series fans with this horrible game and its uber retarded add ons. do NOT and i mean DO NOT buy this add on!
  3. Apr 29, 2014
    I can understand the frustration that this DLC lacked story or any actual missions which add to the main premise of the game, however as additional content for side missions, it's pretty solid. There are four different side missions and they're really worth seeing - especially Sad Panda Skyblazing. I must reiterate that you will be disappointed if you were expecting a lot of content, andI can understand the frustration that this DLC lacked story or any actual missions which add to the main premise of the game, however as additional content for side missions, it's pretty solid. There are four different side missions and they're really worth seeing - especially Sad Panda Skyblazing. I must reiterate that you will be disappointed if you were expecting a lot of content, and the pricing is fairly steep for what you get. But if you pick this up while it's on sale, Genki Bowl is definitely the most fun DLC Saints Row The Third has to offer. Expand
  4. Jan 26, 2012
    Pretty short lived expansion, and for those who didn't get the seasons pack, I don't know if I would deem this worthy of the $7 price tag. 8 missions in all in 4 different types, a couple vehicles, and a couple homies... No story other than announcers, and doesn't really tie into the Saints story well, feels utterly slapped on.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Jan 26, 2012
    Genki Bowl VII's four quick activities lack the excitement and humor of your earlier adventures in Steelport.