4.9

1. Sep 10, 2015
    While Online GTA gives you customizable characters and cars and offers all types of ways players can play co-op or vs. each other, it has some very random drawbacks Rockstar must fix if it plans to keep GTA Online relevant:

* when you join a mission, it whisks you away to a limbo place in the sky. then, 75% of the time, it tells you that mission is already full.and drops you somewhere else around the city. All of this takes about 1 full minute, then you have to search for a new mission to get rejected from. How about if the missions is full, DON'T INVITE ME!

* when you join a heist or mission and anyone leaves, the mission is done. You cannot sub someone in, you cannot pick up from the last major checkpoint. You must start the process of inviting players over, which can take 5-10 minutes often. If it takes more than 2-3, players start leaving and you ended up going through about 9 people just to find 4. So, you can play the whole mission when someone loses internet connection and POOF have to completely restart the last 45 minutes of your life.

Between yesterday and today, I've played seven missions and lost all due to no fault of my own, in almost all cases someone just left the mission and we had to start from scratch. There are so many time-wasting features that it makes me feel Rockstar isn't taking GTAO seriously. They need to add more heists and missions and more stuff to buy if they want this to be a real game and not simply a novel add-on. Perhaps that happens in patches, or else it happens next GTA. Either way, they badly need to change the horrid time-wasting way the player-matching is designed. Plenty of games have already done that better, sucks that they're so far behind the curve on this one point.
  2. Nov 21, 2016
    I love GTA Online - if it is in an invite-only session with a group of pals. There's lots to do, and plenty of in-game money to be made. Plenty of stuff to buy and customize. That is pretty much the extent of the positives.

Now for the negatives. There's a lot of them! 1. Forget the public lobbies. They are filled with cheaters. I do not mind those using tanks and being jerks in

Now for the negatives. There's a lot of them!

1. Forget the public lobbies. They are filled with cheaters. I do not mind those using tanks and being jerks in general - it is Grand Theft Auto. It is a game of mayhem, and designed to be that way. It's the cheaters I have a serious problem with. Everything from duping players, dropping billions of in game dollars, and ruining the game for everybody. Plus innocent people get banned in the process. Just use a private lobby.

Side note - If you have a thin skin, and are easily offended, do not play the game. The players are absolutely awful. Screaming over the mic and flamewars consisting of how many ways they want to have sex with your mother or how Hitler is their homeboy.

2. Rockstar is aggressively pushing Shark Cards with extremely expensive in game items that take days to grind for. This is why people cheat in the game. The payouts in the missions are a joke, and it seems with every patch or DLC, the payouts get worse. Therefore, making items extremely difficult to grind for.

3. Loading screens. More loading screens. Getting booted from jobs. Glitches.

4. It can get boring at times, especially when grinding. Lots of fetch quests. If you are a single player looking to boost your score, forget it. Grinding sp missions cost more in bullets than what it pays out. Which means you have to be selective in the missions you do to maximize payouts.

In all, GTA Online is one of the most toxic, if not the most toxic game I have ever played other than probably League of legends. Play with some pals, and you should be set.
  3. Jan 3, 2016
    When it works, it's beautiful thing. Unfortunately, that's a rare occurrence with connection issues and trolling hacker kids ruining the majority of sessions.
  4. Dec 20, 2015
    I'm sad that I can't give -10 points.
    - TONS OF LOADING!!!! No party, if you play with your friends HAHAHAHA you'll never be on the same server or something lieke that
    I'm sad that I can't give -10 points.
    - HACKERS!!! Every server has at least one hacker.... I report all of them but still playing without any issues this is really broke the whole game... I play for 2 weeks to get the T20 for 2.2million they play 2 minutes and they also can give others money...
    - No players... Every player just walking around on the map but no one plays anything. If you want to race? Well you wont, no one plays anything. You want to play some shooters? Maybe if you wait for 10 mintues you'll find 2 more players.
  5. Jun 24, 2016
    Online can be a lot of fun. That is if you are willing to pay 80€ real life money for in-game cash, as everything costs absurdly much and you don't make money fast. The loading times are absurd and servers unstable. When you are having fun it gets ruined immediately by hackers and cheaters.
  6. May 11, 2015
    Well, GTA O isn't total rubbish now. But Rockstar has made some questionable descions in this version. The previous GTA online didn't have the promised heists, and it was borderline unplayable. You couldn't earn money and if you did you wouldn't keep it for very long. Well with heists you can earn money and it seems they raised the payout of all missions by a significant amount which meansWell, GTA O isn't total rubbish now. But Rockstar has made some questionable descions in this version. The previous GTA online didn't have the promised heists, and it was borderline unplayable. You couldn't earn money and if you did you wouldn't keep it for very long. Well with heists you can earn money and it seems they raised the payout of all missions by a significant amount which means you wont have to grind money for weeks to get one car. They've also fixed passive mode like it should have been in the first place so passive players CANNOT be killed by another player ( Unless they dive out of their car at you, or ram other cars into you )
    But the major things like Cheating and Cops still remain a problem. Starting with the modders, Rockstar is banning these players very quickly, But they've also decided to ban players who've recieved help from modders in the form of money or cars, A qustionable choice considering rockstar can just remove illegitimate cars, or money. Now for the Cops, They are still WAY too aggressive. Rockstar has done nothing to balance the cops. I still guarentee that you will die to the cops more then to other players.

On the topic of other players, PVP is more unbalanced. The tank was a problem in the previous GTA onlines since it was pretty much indestructable. Rockstars solution was to add more indestructable armored vehicles, The Insurgent, Kuruma, and Hydra. The insurgent (without the gun) Is a seriously unbalanced vehicle. It is far more durable then a tank, and the driver cannot be killed from the rear. The kuruma is absolutely invulnerable to bullets. You wont kill the driver or passengers of a kuruma easily. Now you may tell me that I can blow these vehicles up, Which is true. I can blow them up. But the Kuruma can cost you $7k to blow up. and the Insurgent $17k to destroy. And in lobbies packed with such players this will make you broke, and a bad sport. The gun insurgent is just plain annoying. If you don't have a minigun to wipe out the gunner and driver of the gun insurgent I would just stay in passive mode.
    GTA online was just broken and incomplete in 2013. It was absolutely unacceptable for rockstar to release such an unfinished product, then continue to make it worse with patches and reduced pay outs until they lost a lot of their daily players. GTA online is more of a full package now, It's fixed many of the irritating design choices, but it's far from being perfect. Until bad sport pools, insurance and healthcare bills, and the over aggressive cops are removed or fixed, GTA online deserves no more then a 7/10..
  7. May 1, 2015
    Just started GTAO this week. I will update if my issue is resolved. Hackers online. Rockstar is banning them. This is good. What's bad? Having a hacker kill you repeatedly, dropping your KDR to the floor. And then, insult to injury, hacker (before you realize it's a hacker) pays the in-game Insurance on your vehicles, gifts high bounties and logs. Unaware you accept and think to yourself,Just started GTAO this week. I will update if my issue is resolved. Hackers online. Rockstar is banning them. This is good. What's bad? Having a hacker kill you repeatedly, dropping your KDR to the floor. And then, insult to injury, hacker (before you realize it's a hacker) pays the in-game Insurance on your vehicles, gifts high bounties and logs. Unaware you accept and think to yourself, "what a nice guy helping out with bills and bounties to finish my dailies." Now I feel like such a newb. Temporary ban from accepting help from what I thought was a helpful long-time player. "He probably transfered from Xbox or PS" I thought. Nope. Too good to be true? Yeah. I'm a fool. At least it's a two week ban and I know better now. My only real complaint is why did he/she/they have such a long free reign? Other games online, Battlefield, CoD, GW/GW2, etc, have handled hackers pretty quickly. Supposedly two weeks and I will be back up and running. If this holds true and Rockstar Support is true to their word I will update. And I will followup on my, now after the fact, report that I should have been smart enough to submit immediately. My fault. Accepted help. Know better. Game pretty good so far. Hopefully better once the true problems are worked out; bugs; actual hackers; etc are ironed out. I really want to like GTAO but this first incident has left a bad impression. Hopefully better in a couple weeks. We'll see! Expand
  8. Mar 28, 2016
    Grand Theft Auto online plays like a s**t free to play RPG with its grinding, and inexcusable in game prices for weapons, vehicles, and upgrades. Would you like to pay $10,000,000 for a gold plane, that normally spawns for free in black? How about paying $700k JUST to make your car into a lowrider (Not including the ridiculous upgrade costs, such as $200k to improve the hydraulics.) TheGrand Theft Auto online plays like a s**t free to play RPG with its grinding, and inexcusable in game prices for weapons, vehicles, and upgrades. Would you like to pay $10,000,000 for a gold plane, that normally spawns for free in black? How about paying $700k JUST to make your car into a lowrider (Not including the ridiculous upgrade costs, such as $200k to improve the hydraulics.) The player-base of this game is one of, if not the worst of ANY game. When you do heists, they will leave mid game failing it for you, Or they just wont join your heist because it's not at the finale stage. The modding is also TERRIBLE in GTA Online. People will steal your guns, spawn objects on your character, and blow up the entire lobby - Rockstar has done little to stop them.

GTA Online should be avoided by anyone, and everyone until Rockstar games removes the rampant modding, and fixes the rubbish in game costs. Can you have some remote form of fun playing this game? Sometimes. But that will come right to an end when a modder inevitably joins your session and crashes your game.
  9. Apr 30, 2015
    está bom suave sem travar nada é isso que esperamos desse grande jogo pena que o 4 não foi tão agradavel. lalala 150 letras jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjhhhhhhhhhhhh kkkkkkkkkkkk
  10. May 12, 2019
    Rockstar abandoned online mode, now filled with hackers and bored script kiddies running around with billions of dollars - nearly impossible to play legitimately now unless you are in a solid private crew who everyone plays legitimately, public lobbies are a complete waste of time - if you buy this game for the online mode, don't bother.
  11. Jan 2, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. There's a mission that bases on collecting drugs (?). If you die, Ballas will start running away! And mission is impossible! Expand
  12. Jul 30, 2018
    This is pure tragedy.
    Forget for a minute about never ending grindingfest,lack of any balance,never ending loading screens and the fact that the only way to have a good start is buying those shark cards!
    Let's just ignore all cheaters no one at R* bothers to ban,ignore getting banned for no reason what'soever,just ignore the fact that you have to do the same mission over and over...
    This is pure tragedy.
    Playing with friends?
    You'll never get a chance to play with them on the same server.
    Those freakin hackers...some people shoot freakin vehicles from their guns!How to fix it?Ban every single user who don't cheat!
    Good f*cking job...
  13. May 20, 2019
    Loading screens 20%
    Transport between places 40%
    Getting killed or otherwise grieved by modders 30%
    Actual nice gameplay 10%

And Rockstar does very little to counter those 90% that ruins the game.
    I'd advise to steer clear of this game, at least online mode.
  14. Dec 15, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. GTA Online is Fast and Furious. At first there was a story about the race and nightlife Los Angeles (Los Santos) and after 2 years the full **** of Oppresors MkII
    and the pink DeLoreans firing rockets begins to happen. This is where the problems of GTA Online begin, only you enter the session and BOOM, you are killed from
    Oppersor MkII, you try to hide, but these flying **** become more and more, they give you 3 stars just like that, you start to receive calls: Buy a bunker, buy a base,
    buy a motorcycle club, buy an apartment, raise for a robbery, buy a Terrorbyte, helicopters fly over your head, oppressors mkII fly over your head,
    the cops are trying to shoot you for hitting their shoulders and they fell face down on the asphalt. You try to escape in a single session and spiritualization comes, but
    you get bored, you go to the race. In the race, too, indescribable garbage is going on, some kind of flying cars, floating cars, airplanes from the underwear section.
    You run a shootout, and there weapons are more powerful than yours. You go to a regular session, hide at home, buy a base, and go to pump cannons up to the level of MkII,
    you can't make enough money, you start to carry raw materials, you are killed, you get out of GTA out of anger and remove it from your computer. Without exaggeration,
    this is the gameplay that has come to GTA Online since 2018, with 500,000 GTA $ in its pocket. Bottom line: Fun - 7 out of 10, Gameplay - 3 out of 10. Arithmetic average 4.

There are no critic reviews yet.