- Summary: Grey Goo is a real-time strategy game (RTS for short) with roots in classic strategy mechanics. Utilizing traditional base building as its core, the game aims to reinvent the modern standard of RTS gaming by placing emphasis on tactics over micro-management. By freeing players from having toGrey Goo is a real-time strategy game (RTS for short) with roots in classic strategy mechanics. Utilizing traditional base building as its core, the game aims to reinvent the modern standard of RTS gaming by placing emphasis on tactics over micro-management. By freeing players from having to issue hundreds of orders in a match, each decision is made more valuable and can mean the difference between victory and defeat.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Grey Goo - Firmament Story Trailer
Pelit (Finland)May 13, 2015Grey Goo is decent but too by-the-numbers RTS. [May 2015]
Feb 2, 2015Grey Goo is one of the most interesting recent RTS games and right now there aren't many games in this genre to choose from. Real time strategy fans will be pleased but it's definitely not a perfect game. Grey Goo wants to be StarCraft (the atmosphere, 3 races, good storyline) and the new C&C (slow gameplay and minimal micromanagement) at the same time. As such it suffers a bit but you need to appreciate the good intentions.
Feb 15, 2015I've not experienced any problems in this game, and I've found it polished and fun. People might think that this is a Starcraft clone (Beta =I've not experienced any problems in this game, and I've found it polished and fun. People might think that this is a Starcraft clone (Beta = Protoss, Zerg = Goo, Terran = Human) but it plays very differently. You wouldn't really compare C&C style games to Starcraft?
I also personally enjoyed the storyline, with great cinematics after every mission. The soundtrack by Frank Klepacki is also very good.… Expand
Feb 9, 2015Things that are great about this game:
1. Gorgeous graphics. 2. Goo race has some exceptional and innovative design (although the otherThings that are great about this game:
1. Gorgeous graphics.
2. Goo race has some exceptional and innovative design (although the other races are very well designed as well).
3. Very importantly, this game is not an e-sport wannabe; there are no unnecessary chores: you don't build workers, there are no supply blocks; unit production can be set to automatically produce a certain unit; this makes the game focus more towards strategy, as opposed to unnecessary actions that uselessly complicate your experience.
4. Less frustration: units move more slowly and die slower than in other popular RTS games. There is no imba harassment to ruin the experience or overly weak defenses that promote great viewing experience to the detriment of good actual gaming experience.
5. The music is very engaging and the cut scenes basically rival even the best cinematics out there, as they have been created by the same guys that worked on Lord of the Rings trilogy and District 9.
6. The tone of the game is more sci-fi oriented, more serious, as opposed to cheesy, cheap and commercial (no corny love story **** in this one); it gives me the same feeling I got when watching a great Star Trek episode; it is definitely catered towards a more mature audience; and the characters are very believable and likeable.
7. The way in which you build structures and gain access to units is quite different from other strategy games, which opens up a lot of options.
If you want to play a good RTS when you get home in the evening, without worrying that you have to spam 200 actions per minute to stand a chance and focus on 10 repetitive activities that pointlessly complicate your gameplay or if you want to enjoy a good solid strategy game with gorgeous graphics and intriguing faction design, then this is the game you've been waiting for.… Expand
Jan 25, 2015This is the best RTS in a very long time hands down. Asymmetrical factions, beautiful cut scenes, very well balanced and polished gameplay. AThis is the best RTS in a very long time hands down. Asymmetrical factions, beautiful cut scenes, very well balanced and polished gameplay. A must own!… Expand
Jan 26, 2015I played it, and it was okay. It really is the very core of a RTS - simple unit design, simple ressource gathering, a little bit on the slowI played it, and it was okay. It really is the very core of a RTS - simple unit design, simple ressource gathering, a little bit on the slow side in unit movement, but when 30 units die by 1 attack the fight can be over fairly quick.
Thats why this game gets 7 points - it is only a little bit more of the very standard RTS, really nothing out of the ordinary. It takes a little bit from this RTS, a little bit of that RTS, but nothing new or exciting.
But the game feels good, the cutscenes are nice, there are rarely breaks in the ongoing battle.
It is a solid RTS i can recommend, but nothing new or especially well done.… Expand
Feb 2, 2015Asymmetrical factions, beautiful cut scenes, polished gameplay, decent mechanics, a unique approach for the storyline. So much potential.Asymmetrical factions, beautiful cut scenes, polished gameplay, decent mechanics, a unique approach for the storyline. So much potential.
Frustrating mission design, poor scripting, telegraphed storyline which always tells you what happens in the next 3 missions in advance because it so obvious. Bugs and issues with region locks and match making. No replays or observer mode either. It really a game in westwood tradition with all the problems their products had and much less of the charm of their CnC series. And when I say frustrating mission design I mean it. Step over the wrong invisible line with a scout unit and experience the wrath of gigantic forces teleported right into attack positions. If you are lucky you will not run into those triggers, but it seems like most players are not lucky and simply have to learn those triggers by try and error. Not really enjoyable to constantly reloading because of those issues. My tip: Save a lot, even when you feel like your dominating.
Still if you like RTS games you should still get it, but if you are new to the genre grab some of the old classics like Supreme Commander 1 and its stand-alone expansions Forged Alliance or the Starcraft Series. You will enjoy those quite a lot more.
To be honest the last few missions of grey goo were a torture for me and the most unfun gaming experience I ever had in a game.… Expand
Mar 14, 2017Un juego de estrategia en tiempo real bastante solido, que, a pesar de no destacar en nada, hace bien su trabajo.
Antes de nada, decir queUn juego de estrategia en tiempo real bastante solido, que, a pesar de no destacar en nada, hace bien su trabajo.
Antes de nada, decir que esta critica solo va dirigida al modo campaña, ya que soy uno de esos raros que compra estos juegos por la historia.
Esta entrega planta una semilla, que sin ser muy original (me ha recordado muchísimo a SC), deja un solido camino para posibles secuelas. Sin desvelar gran cosa de la historia, he de decir que me esperaba una presentación algo más potente, se llega a conocer muy poco de cada raza. Parece que, más que contar algo, coge un acontecimiento y corta de una manera muy brusca entre dos puntos sin ningún sentido. Puede ser, por otra parte, que sea porque ha pesar de poder contar algo interesante, me ha parecido que la tratan más como un tutorial para aprender a manejar cada raza.
En cuanto a la variedad, aunque hay muchísima diferencia entre los GOO y las especies "Humanoides" (porque, no nos engañemos, los Beta tienen de alienigena lo que yo de multimillonario), pero entre los Humanos y los Beta, los cambios son tan ligeros que se pueden contar con los dedos de una mano. Eso si, el plato fuerte, los GOO, son deliciosamente curiosos, pero me hubiera gustado algo mas de dificultad a la hora de manejarlos, he incluso, algún cambio mas bruto a la hora de conseguir recursos con ellos. Ademas, me parecen pocas especies para las posibilidades que tienen, ¡pueden crear infinidad de criaturas de distinta índole, maldita sea!
Técnicamente es espectacular, sus cinemáticas están muy logradas, los gráficos son magníficos, y a pesar de tener muchas unidades en pantalla, no he notado tirones de FPS.
No es una obra maestra, pero tampoco es un mal juego, y dentro de un genero donde tenemos suerte si sale un juego de este estilo cada año, y donde el rey lleva tanto tiempo sin ser destronado (por falta de competencia), se agradecen nuevos títulos.
Recomendado para amantes del genero.… Expand
Feb 4, 2015The game is buggy and has weak AI (poor single player experience for anyone used to this style of RTS).
Gameplay is mediocre; there are fewThe game is buggy and has weak AI (poor single player experience for anyone used to this style of RTS).
Gameplay is mediocre; there are few tactics/strategies. The unit interactions are overly simplistic.
The game really has no redeeming features over past RTS titles except that it has better graphics. It might be worth a look if you are new to RTS games and you want shiny graphics. Otherwise, I don't think it's worth the money. I'd give it a 4.5/10 but because every positive review is a 9 or 10 (despite its glaring flaws) I'll put down a 0.… Expand
- (2 views)