6.3

1. Jun 24, 2014
    So CodeMasters kept telling us they´ve listened to players feedback after the pile of crap Grid 2 was, and they were going to develop something to make a triumphal comeback to the driving genre...

Well, alas Grid Autosport is not that promised mesias. The return of cockpit view is an absolute joke! They give you the promised inside the car perspective but is so blurry that is

Well, alas Grid Autosport is not that promised mesias.

The return of cockpit view is an absolute joke! They give you the promised inside the car perspective but is so blurry that is distracting, with no functional panel displays. This yells LAZINESS from the developers. Go to youtube and watch comparisons between THIS and the original Grid to see what I am talking about.

Now the AI... how is that QA let this go into the final product? It is not agressive, is CHEAP! Every single turn they smash you as if they were a whole team against you and none else.

Graphics are ok, but the engine sounds are the worse I´ve listened to in a while. I now understand why they refused to develop this for nextgen consoles, it is just an average game that does not help to forget the Grid 2 fiasco.

Codemasters is becoming the EA of driving games, lying and overhyping their games and releasing a mediocre product trusting on heavy marketing.

And we still have to see how much paid DLC they pretend to sell. I took my copy back to the store and got a refund, I´ll only play it if I can get it for free as a Playstation Plus member just as I did with Grid 2.

Save your money and your hopes, if you are a real racing fan and want Codemaster to stop BS us, don´t buy this game.
  2. Jun 24, 2014
    finally good racing game. no unnecessary crap, just pure racing. car's handling give satisfaction and feels like perfect mixture of simulation and arcade. great optimization, it works well on laptop with i3 and GF520M. in overall it feels more like TOCA series rather than GRID and it is a good way chosen by Codies.
  3. Jun 24, 2014
    Don't buy this game! Codemasters just spit on Grid fans AGAIN. Blurry cockpit view with pathetic engine sounds and **** physics! No thanks. If you are a PC user try Raceroom Racing Experience on Steam. It's free and it's good!
  4. Jun 24, 2014
    Where to start...and keep in mind this is based on my singleplayer experience.

Where to start...and keep in mind this is based on my singleplayer experience.

The driving is awful. The cars wallow all over the place, they don't grip in turns, yet you have to break at sim-like distances--meanwhile the AI's only goal is, seemingly, to wreck you at every opportunity, or at least shove you off the track or into the nearest barrier. They will honest-to-god plow into you at the startline if they can. It's like multiplayer with twelve-year-olds.

The cockpit cam is pathetic. It's worse than the Grid 2 mod.

No team of your own, no personal livery, no stable full of cars--just mercenarily jumping from sponsor to sponsor and racing whatever they have for you.

The only reason I'll give this anything but a zero is that it looks very nice, all things considered, and has a pretty interesting car list--that I will never fully get to experience because of the godawful nature of the basic game.

Thanks, Codies. You really listened.
  5. Jun 30, 2014
    It's not actually that bad. Coming from a sim racers perspective (iRacing, Assetto Corsa, rFactor) it's definitely playable. Whilst it isn't a sim, I can happily sit down & play for a few hours just to take a break from the serious games. I was able to jump right in & race hard and fast from the get-go, with the AI set to Hard difficulty. (With only the HUD on, if you want to count that asIt's not actually that bad. Coming from a sim racers perspective (iRacing, Assetto Corsa, rFactor) it's definitely playable. Whilst it isn't a sim, I can happily sit down & play for a few hours just to take a break from the serious games. I was able to jump right in & race hard and fast from the get-go, with the AI set to Hard difficulty. (With only the HUD on, if you want to count that as an assist) After completing the first 2 introduction races I hopped into the Open-Wheel career path and completed my first season there, it was a lot of fun, just driving different tracks and cars (Formula 3) to what I was normally used to. However, the cockpit view is horrible. Everything is blurred out so you can't see the steering wheel or mirrors. This is by far the games' biggest issue that could have been EASILY fixed. Codemasters, please do tell me what the point is of having a cockpit with blurred mirrors? It's almost impossible to enjoy the game with no HUD on as you have no way to tell what position you're in or how many laps to go, or when to change gears, (I go by sound, but not being able to see my engines RPM or shift lights is utterly ridiculous). This next section I'll be going through a few positives & negatives about the game as I know people don't want to read on and on and on.

Positives:
    - The cameras each have their own unique feel to them but the roll-bar cam is quite nice with just the right amount of FOV set that allows you to see both what's in front and what's next to you, I highly recommend you use this and not the 3rd person camera to get the most out of GRID Autosport.

- Menu navigation is simplistic.

- The music can get repetitive, but its surprisingly bearable, or you can disable it entirely in the options menu.

- Physics for a simcade aren't too bad although some cars feel like they need a bit of work.

- Career mode is pretty good, with a wide variety of disciplines.

Negatives:

- The whole teammate, team stuff doesn't have enough depth. Why on earth should I care if my team-mate does well? I'm only there for my self, not the team.

- AI pace can be inconsistent from track-to track.

Overall:
    It's not a bad game for a casual racing fan or a hardcore sim racing enthusiast, cockpit view needs to be patched asap though.
  6. Mar 6, 2020
    Well, alas Grid Autosport is not that promised mesias.
  7. Nov 15, 2014
    AI sucks :P is like the Dirt Showdown AI on a simulator race game... they just hit you out of the track. I think this game *can* be good to those who like simulator games BUT with a crazy AI xD... I prefer the original Grid.
  8. Jul 3, 2014
    +++ Pros: +++
    1. Decent lenght of the game (21 various tracks and 5 different disciplines and all unlocked from the start).
    2. Graphics of cars (with free DLC hi-res textures) are great. 3. Local (splitscreen) and online multiplayer. 4. The damage model is present (optional). 5. Licensed cars of all classes are present. - - - Cons: - - - 1. The graphics of tracks and background are
    +++ Pros: +++
    2. Graphics of cars (with free DLC hi-res textures) are great.
    3. Local (splitscreen) and online multiplayer.
    4. The damage model is present (optional).
    5. Licensed cars of all classes are present.
    - - - Cons: - - -
    1. The graphics of tracks and background are poor (as from PS2 2005 game).
    2. The controls and handling are pretty bad. (little difference among cars)
    3. The A.I. opponents cheat. (They will smash you from any side,yet they are sticked to the road).
    4. Little customatization of your cars (probably ready for upcoming DLC).
    5. No licensed music (just some free loops).

Do you like instant action,choose any track any event and race?
    Do you like arcade controls and style?
    Do you have a mate to play with?
    Do you like cheating?
    Do you like hoover sounds instead of music?
    If you answered at least 3 times yes,then this game might be just for you.
  9. Sep 27, 2014
    The driving in this game is ok, its not particularly fun but it does the job as long as you have the proper settings. I found that driving with a controller is better than driving with a wheel. The best thing that I like about this game is how your able to practice before a race and how your able to qualify instead of automatically starting in last place. That being said everything elseThe driving in this game is ok, its not particularly fun but it does the job as long as you have the proper settings. I found that driving with a controller is better than driving with a wheel. The best thing that I like about this game is how your able to practice before a race and how your able to qualify instead of automatically starting in last place. That being said everything else about this game is either bad or sub par, the worst of which is the campaign. Their is absolutely no sense of progress, you just do races to unlock more races and you don't even buy or upgrade your cars, you just get to pick between two sponsors (pick whichever has the prettier advertising mostly). I hope this review has helped, if you can get the game for 15$ or less than it might be worth it otherwise no it just isn't Expand
  10. Aug 17, 2014
    Like many others I was a huge fan of the original GRID. Like many other I thought Grid 2 was a huge misstep. Like many others I think this is even worse. Welcome to the new era of annual releases packed with day 1 DLC. I definitely do not recommend this game.

The career is a farce, in my opinion. You don't progress or improve so much as you simply pick a new team in between every race, and drive a borrowed car. There's no sense of ownership in your accomplishments; the online is no better.

Don't listen to what Codemasters says about listening to the community. It's all nonsense. The cars handle the same as G2, the career is infinitely more bland, the AI still attempts to kill you at every turn, and the online has no accountable match making system.

My advice would be to simply re-play GRID 1. It's still the superior experience.

A waste, and a squandered opportunity. This will be my last Codemasters racing game purchase for a long time. They've got a lot of work to do to earn my trust back.
  11. Jun 26, 2014
    Please remember it's an arcade racer. They never said it would be a simulation... just closer to simulation when compared to Grid 2.

The physics are fine (playing with a Fanatec GT3)... they're easy to learn and is predictable. Also the damage model is the quality that you expect from Codemasters, and poor driving resulting in crashing in to others or walls will make you pay in the long run.

The AI is lots of fun to be in a battle with. They do not wreck you (like seen in NFS: Shift series) as others are saying... but they can be aggressive and fully believe in the motto that "rubbin' is racing". Take this game lightly... when they push you, push back... have fun with it. If you want to be all serious, go to iRacing... that's what I do... this is just my aggressive racing release.

Graphics are fine... cockpit view is there, even though it is lazy. Loving it on triple screens. Great optimization (GTX 680 2GB)... Ultra on triple screens gets me never below 30fps, High gets me 60 or above. Free HD Texture pack is a bonus for those with 4K screens and the hardware to handle it.

The single player is lots of fun. Love that you can stick with the series that interests you, and skip the ones you don't care about. Love the full race weekend (practice/qual/race) and the unique rules for each series. Love the interaction between you and your crew in real time.

Honestly it's a really solid sim-cade racer that's just a blast to play. There's a few shortcomings with it, so I can't give it a 10... but it's a solid 8 in my books and I have no regrets with my purchase.
  12. Oct 22, 2014
    Terrible A.I all they do is spend most of the time driving into you even if you give them loads of space they just drive into you, I play mostly racing games and if you wan't my opinion play Asseto Corsa if your looking for something more of a simulation, even in its current state is still plays better than Autosport and its rip off DLC model. This game is no way like Toca(I still playTerrible A.I all they do is spend most of the time driving into you even if you give them loads of space they just drive into you, I play mostly racing games and if you wan't my opinion play Asseto Corsa if your looking for something more of a simulation, even in its current state is still plays better than Autosport and its rip off DLC model. This game is no way like Toca(I still play Toca) or any kind of sim, Just another generic piece of codemasters crap with lots of over priced DLC, the Grid series has become the COD of racing games and I wont be buying anymore of their racing games. Expand
  13. Jun 29, 2014
    Do not buy this piece of crap. It has nothing good. Physics is awful, graphics too, gameplay - nope.
    First Grid was almost perfect. And this one is bad at all aspects.
  14. Jul 3, 2014
    Complete garbage, doesn't live up to the expectations, again. The handling isn't anything like it was in the original GRID, it's way too slippy. The graphics are okay, but the damage models suck, even compared to GRID 1. CodeMasters let us down, again.
  15. Jul 15, 2014
    It's definitely better than GRID 2. Probably just a step below GRID 1 in terms of core gameplay. But it's really let down by:
    - the poor cockpit view (I'm glad they even put it in, but would really have preferred something that was polished..)
    - uninspiring single player. Sure, choosing a team is nice and all. But it really, really took away a core part of the feeling of progression that you got from the past GRID games, especially GRID 1. Maybe something like earning XP for teams would grant you rewards in some form, such as letting you use better performance parts and better tuning when you race with them in the future rather than having it be predetermined. It is a slightly improved type of "Driver Offer" career as seen from GRID 1.
    - The career is hyped for being all about "choosing your own discipline" and yet it feels like you should still be playing all the disciplines like a linear game because you can only unlock the GRID world series by grinding your less-favourite disciplines.

Multiplayer is where the game shines. Building your own garage is extremely satisfying, as is competing in the Racenet challenges and forming a crew. This is what the singleplayer should've been if they had not done the more offer-based career.

It's a good game overall. Its better than GRID 2 by far.
  16. Jun 27, 2014
    To much haters on this site which rate a game without even having played it. The game is worth a solid 8 but rating this game 3-1 or even 0 is just pure stupidity. I was skeptical too but now that I have played it for a while I can say it's actually way better than grid 2 which was really a fail. The Handling has all changed and the gameplay overall is great. Yeah the cockpit still sucksTo much haters on this site which rate a game without even having played it. The game is worth a solid 8 but rating this game 3-1 or even 0 is just pure stupidity. I was skeptical too but now that I have played it for a while I can say it's actually way better than grid 2 which was really a fail. The Handling has all changed and the gameplay overall is great. Yeah the cockpit still sucks but it's actually not that big of a deal when you are playing because you don't look on it anyway. Stop hating kids, test the game and than wright a constructive review and not that "uh this sucks lol 0 points" **** Thanks. Expand
  17. Jun 30, 2014
    I've played the first Grid and it was amazing, and the second Grid and it was much better, and then...and then Codemasters took a big, fat, almighty dump on my intelligence and produced this utter shambolic experience.

I'm sorry but whoever says this game is seriously a major improvement from the (IMO) better predecessor, then they are either completely blind, are hardcore driving sim players (in which case, WHY GRID!? Hardly up there as the most realistic!), or are just very new to critique on games.

So here's what's missing and what's notable in Grid Autosport.

What's missing should be glaringly obvious, and it saddens me because for me, part of the whole joy in racing games is the ability to customize the cars. Give it sponsor vinyls, give it tinted windscreen, give it different paint colours. All that stuff? GONE. NADA. ZIP. NULL POINT. ZERO. Absolutely SWEET FA.
    This is why I lost faith in the EA NFS series, they did the SAME DAMN THING and the series went right the way downhill for me. I was all for racing and stuff, but if you ask me, customization ADDS not necessarily to the experience but definitely to the gameplay. It adds a tiny bit of variety to the game. And they shot that to hell. Bye bye garage, bye bye paint jobs, bye bye customization. All gone.

Then there's the driving assists. With those turned ON, every - EVERY - car handles like a goddamn Sherman tank. Forget drifting - oh and that's another one - drifting is like you may as well just stop at each corner and struggle to regain control of the car as you TRY to drive in any particular direction YOU want to drive in.
    The drift mechanics of GRID *completely* escapes me. In normal races you can comfortably drift all damn day around every single corner, but as soon as you get to a drift event, out comes the skidpan track and you can kiss any hope and notion of drifting in the same way good-bloody-bye.
    The best drift mechanics I ever saw was the simplest which was in the NFS series back in the second underground, and not one game has been released using those very same mechanics and it's annoying as hell.
    Where was I? Oh yes Drifting with driving assists, forget it. Driving assists for newcomers or people who use keyboards, you're just going to struggle like hell playing this game.

Codemasters appears to have taken a very, oh so very equipped-with-stilts step backwards on this, and just basically made the whole thing harder, regardless of what playing level you are at.
    So beginners and casual players, stay the hell away from this one, or don't say I didn't warn you.

Those familiar with the Grid franchise, prepare to either be impressed with the simplicity of the menu system, and the very minimalist look and feel of the front-end of the game, or utterly disappointed - like I was - with the very bland look of it, with very little variation to speak of, it lacks where it needs more, and has more where it didn't need it.

I was hoping to see a very well produced first person cockpit view, but instead I may as well have been drunk in reverse, because although you can see the road you cannot see a damn thing inside the car. This is utterly pointless and the reasons for making it this way completely escapes me, not to mention it looks REALLY **** What you do see is some SERIOUSLY blurred hands on a *seriously* blurred steering wheel in a *seriously* narrow windscreen, you may as well *seriously* have been in a tank......seriously.

Now you'd think by all this that I was a newbie and very new to Codemaster's previous efforts in the racing genre for which they are VERY popular, given the rally games and the F1 games they've released in the past (the F1 games being the best of them thus far if this game is anything to go by - glitches and all!), but no, I've tried assisted and unassisted and the whole thing just has me oozing disappointment out of my ears.

This is no good racing game, and by far and away THE worst effort I have EVER wasted my money on as far as Codemasters is concerned.

Codemasters....I honestly expected much better from you than this.

Making this kind of multi-genre racing game lack some of the features it had before destroyed it - and with unbelievably overpowering assistance available, it takes the joy out of the game, and without them it's still just as disappointing.

A big fat booo! Codemasters needs to REALLY up the game, bring back some of the features that were present before in Grid 2, and ditch, for the love of God, that **** cockpit view or make it CLEARER and more detailed. The way it was presented in this game hinted at nothing but laziness in all fairness, and that was a large let down.

And APPLES22, your review is your review, but don't dare mention it like it's for people who've done motorsports before, Nigel Mansell would **** all over you - because he was (A) a Formula One champ, (B) An Indycar and Touring Car driver and you know something? HE HATES THESE GAMES - YOU'LL SEE IT IN HIS BOOK!
  18. Aug 31, 2014
    Codemasters managed to ruin another of their own racing franchises.

Codemasters managed to ruin another of their own racing franchises.

Those who bought GRID 2 don't need to even think about purchasing GRID Autosport, because it's the same game. Same tracks, same cars, same ♥♥♥♥ty handling. Not any major improvement. Really, it's the same game, rehashed with a different user interface and progression system, and now with a cockpit view that's nothing short of laughable.

If you never played any game from GRID series, it's OK to try this one, maybe you'll have some hours of fun. But if you played GRID 2 and especially the first GRID, don't bother getting this, really. I got it with a 50% discount price and I still feel myself scammed.
  19. Jul 12, 2014
    Boring, very boring...and why we need view from cabin? No graphics there, only blur. Worst game in GRID series.

I spent about 30 hours playing this game and It feels like codemaster dont care about quality of their products...first grid was awesome...it was interesting to play, it has big compaing, you can create your own team, but in motosports you can only choose the race and...race. No challenge.
  20. Jun 30, 2014
    First Impression totally hated this game. Still on the fence whether I like it or not. Sure it is not Grid 2 which to me is a hell of lot of fun. and I will continue to play this to see if it ever develops into a fun game, but for right now it is pretty damn boring. Graphics are amazing, nice to see a variety of courses. It's practically impossible to use full throttle unless your on aFirst Impression totally hated this game. Still on the fence whether I like it or not. Sure it is not Grid 2 which to me is a hell of lot of fun. and I will continue to play this to see if it ever develops into a fun game, but for right now it is pretty damn boring. Graphics are amazing, nice to see a variety of courses. It's practically impossible to use full throttle unless your on a straight. Hit a corner and spin out , try to give it some throttle and you spin more.. seriously what car spins out at 15 mph. I expected more, but will continue to see after earning cars and upgrading if it improves. Expand
  21. Jun 25, 2014
    Very solid racing game. Loads of features and great cars that handle well on the track. Online is superb and the Single Player is worth playing due to the challenging AI they have competing against you. Ignore the overly reactionary people who obviously only played the game for a few minutes and then wrote it off. Anyone concerned about the "overly aggressive AI" that other reviewersVery solid racing game. Loads of features and great cars that handle well on the track. Online is superb and the Single Player is worth playing due to the challenging AI they have competing against you. Ignore the overly reactionary people who obviously only played the game for a few minutes and then wrote it off. Anyone concerned about the "overly aggressive AI" that other reviewers mention, you can turn the difficulty down one notch and it makes a big difference. But to be honest, I appreciate the challenge. And once your dealing with the competition online, you'll be glad the AI has you prepared you for it.

A very fitting send off for Codemasters games this generation. They have consistently delivered Single Player and Multiplayer experiences worth playing and this follows suit.

I would recommend this to anyone who isn't obsessed with getting an improved graphics carbon copy of the first Grid game. Which I enjoyed the hell out of by the way. I also enjoyed Grid 2, which I will admit had a steep learning curve due to the braking handling systems. But once Grid 2 was mastered, it was extremely rewarding and gratifying.

The handling in this game feels a lot closer to Grid 1 while still being an evolution of the series. If your looking for a racing game with a lot of content to get obsessive over, this is the one! Lastly, this is a beautiful game that is wonderfully optimized on the PC. See you on the track!
  22. Jun 26, 2014
    Metacritic is already a joke due to gross and rampant rating abuse. Just look at those who gave max rating: accounts with only three ratings, this game on three different platforms. Anyway, this game is a solid five out of ten but I chip in with a 1 to counteract rating abuse.
  23. Jun 24, 2014
    I was waiting for this game since it was announced. And for me it does deliver, it looks great, cars i've driven so far seem to have nice handling and physics, AI is aggressive. Maybe a tad to aggressive, but at least you have to consider you're not alone on the track. I think it's a nice mix of arcade an sim like gameplay. I also love the option to make the races longer 2x, 3x lapsI was waiting for this game since it was announced. And for me it does deliver, it looks great, cars i've driven so far seem to have nice handling and physics, AI is aggressive. Maybe a tad to aggressive, but at least you have to consider you're not alone on the track. I think it's a nice mix of arcade an sim like gameplay. I also love the option to make the races longer 2x, 3x laps etc...). There are two cockpitviews. The real cockpitview is abysmal, it just looks like a blurred masked overlay or something. I do however like the 2nd view where you just see the edge of your dashboard. That gives a good view on the track and still a little bit of a view of the cars you are driving in. it's also blurred, but it just gives enough to look at. Oh and i love the way the cracks in the windshields look.

I'm using a G27 logitech wheel. While there is support for 900 degrees of rotation, it just doesn't feel right. I have that with a lot of codemaster games. No issue though, i think 270 for most cars and 240-250 for the openwheel cars is just fine. Kept all other settings at their defaults for now. probably gonna tweak that later on.

The tracks i've seen look really great. I think this game will keep me busy for a long time :)

What i miss from Grid 2 is the leaderboards with my friends time on the track i've just raced on. Maybe i'm overlooking it, but it was a great to improve on your friends times. Maybe they've left that feature out, just because you can change the race lengths.
  24. Jun 27, 2014
    It's an "okay" game, not as fun as Grid and Grid 2 but well made with impressive graphics and sounds, however the handling takes the joy out of this game and let me explain why, no matter what car you are driving they all feel like a 50hp Nissan Micra doing a handbrake turn in the corners, your car looses all the power and almost stops when you try to power drift through a nice corner. IfIt's an "okay" game, not as fun as Grid and Grid 2 but well made with impressive graphics and sounds, however the handling takes the joy out of this game and let me explain why, no matter what car you are driving they all feel like a 50hp Nissan Micra doing a handbrake turn in the corners, your car looses all the power and almost stops when you try to power drift through a nice corner. If you prefer simulation over arcade I suppose it could be worth picking up on a 50% sale but at full price I would be more careful and watch game play videos first. Realism can be a good thing but fun is always more important in my book. Expand
  25. Jun 26, 2014
    This game is exactly what we have been asking for to Codies.
    A pure, racing sim-like game with no weird stuff, excelent handling and AI.
    This is the REAL evolution from the TOCA series. A mature racing game.

This game IS NOT for people who expect to play an arcade wall-bouncing racing game like NFS or Grid 2. This is the revindication of Codemasters as a sim racing game developer.
  26. Jun 25, 2014
    Apart from not so subtle cockpit view and too much drift event, this game rocks. It has the best AI among roughly 10+ racing game I have, great feel of handling that quite fulfill the idea of a simcade, and beautiful tracks. Just hope modders could come up with more detailed cockpits.
  27. Jun 28, 2014
    This is a racing game made for racers. People who genuinely love motorsports. People who have actually DONE motorsports before. People who know what racing really is like in real life.

This review is written having only played the game with a G27 racing wheel and only manual sear shifting with all HUD's disabled for the most racing like experience. I've done my fair share of track

I've done my fair share of track days and i can tell you, think is the most realistic car racing game i have played. There's plenty of people complaining the game feels too slow, the cars don't grip in corners blah blah. Well guess what, those people have never driven on a track in their life. When on a racing track, unless you're in a ultra fast ferarri or koensigg or something, guess what, you feel SLOW. That's how it is. Your car is slow. People are so used to **** car sims that put so much emphasis on feeling like you're flying along or arcade racing games that let you go around corners at 400kph that they have no idea what it's actually like to race a car.

So more on the good parts.
    The handling of the cars:

Fantastic. Cars handle how they should. FWD understeers coming too hot into a corner, or if you put power down coming into a corner and you can even get the ass out with lift off oversteer when driving really agressive. All of that is true in a FWD cars handling characteristics and they are all spot on in the game. RWD cars oversteer if you power on too much mid corner, or over a crest. You can really feel the suspension working. Coming super hot down a hill into a banked corner? Your suspension will start to wallow like a real car trying to deal with sideways g-forces, and if not careful in a RWD car, will cause oversteer.

Graphics:
    AMAZING. Holy **** The attention to detail is amazing. From the different exhaust outputs of the cars (some will be obviously running rich, some not, etc) to the in car view of the dash being out of focus (because you're looking at the track, not the car) but obviously having some type of MOTEC carbon fiber HUD in place of the standard cars one, to the general cars decals and body panels. The world around looks so gorgeous, beautiful lighting, amazing scenery, and really perfect track textures.

Racing modes:
    The only thing the game is missing in terms of racing modes is drag racing and rally. Which is not a downside to me. Drag is always a short lived interest in racing games and rally is much a massive part of racing it really does require its own game.
    One massive thing to note is the different racing game modes all have different racing styles. Touring cars are mega aggressive, open wheelers really require you to be careful with damage on and time attack is like how time attack is with sporadic cars you have to deal with.

Sounds:
    I love the fact you can hear the tyres gripping, the straight cut gears int he gear box and the pop from fuel injectors still being on when your changing gears, because screw fuel efficiency.

Its the little things:
    To me what really makes this game great is the little things. Like picking a perfect line through a series of corners then coming out and realising you just shaved a second or 2 off your lap time. The spectators not being 2d, the clouds and lighting are so gorgeous and the cars look amazing. Even the simple and elegant UI still keeping perfect functionality. The fact you log in, and the game says with voice "Welcome back (name here), there's some new events in the touring car championship, go check them out!". You can really tell Codemasters have really put their heart and soul into this game.

Summary:
    If you're a grown adult that loves racing, and has done it before, this is the game for you. If your some pimply teenager that thinks GTA and Need for Speed are racing simulators, this isn't for you.
  28. Aug 31, 2014
    The controls and way the car handles are complete RUBBISH!!! DO NOT BUY, its terrible. The developers should have followed the mechanics of the first GRID game, but no, they had to screw everything up. The car tends to slow down to a crawl, automatically, when you try to round corners. After playing with almost all of the options I realized its an in game mechanic, not something that canThe controls and way the car handles are complete RUBBISH!!! DO NOT BUY, its terrible. The developers should have followed the mechanics of the first GRID game, but no, they had to screw everything up. The car tends to slow down to a crawl, automatically, when you try to round corners. After playing with almost all of the options I realized its an in game mechanic, not something that can be changed... I should have complete control over how I want to handle corners. It reduces the speed to around 45 mph to turn corners. Just... NO, the developers screwed up, do not buy, its bad! Expand
  29. Jul 4, 2014
    decent game, looks amazing on pc. only cost me £20.00 solid game. would highly recommend if your looking for a racing game, multiplayer is very good as is the single player.
  30. Sep 13, 2014
    The game graphics are really good (I'm playing it on ultra) but There is no exit button when you enter a season challenge! If you want to play for 5-10 minutes on season mode, then you are gonna regret it cause once you enter a challenge you have to finish ALL the events/races( plus the qualification rounds to get a higher spot than last place) and that takes time.I don't know what happensThe game graphics are really good (I'm playing it on ultra) but There is no exit button when you enter a season challenge! If you want to play for 5-10 minutes on season mode, then you are gonna regret it cause once you enter a challenge you have to finish ALL the events/races( plus the qualification rounds to get a higher spot than last place) and that takes time.I don't know what happens on easy mode but at least on medium mode the only way to pass the opposing cars is by hitting them on the sides when they break because of a turn. On straight road they gain insane speed and you can't catch up to them even when they break for 1-2 seconds and you hard press the gas button it's like you don't gain meters at all. When they hit you by the sides, you get out of track, when you hit them by the sides you get out of track. On the starting line when you wait for the count down, it doesn't matter what number you are, they are gonna pass you like they were already running when you were waiting to start. You can't even pass them when they leave the track themselves and go to the grass or dirt. There are some tracks that the good old "wall and gas" need for speed underground style works just fine.
    I'm just glad I didn't spend 50 euros to buy this game because I got it free from purchasing an i7 cpu.
  31. Sep 18, 2014
    I feel like this game really had a lot of promise. I definitely noticed that the game plays a lot more like the original Race Driver GRID. GRID 1 was far and away the best game in the series, and I feel like Autosport has taken a few cues from that. Autosport both built on some aspects, and faltered in others. The in-car cam is back and yet it's a blurry mess that the game would frankly beI feel like this game really had a lot of promise. I definitely noticed that the game plays a lot more like the original Race Driver GRID. GRID 1 was far and away the best game in the series, and I feel like Autosport has taken a few cues from that. Autosport both built on some aspects, and faltered in others. The in-car cam is back and yet it's a blurry mess that the game would frankly be better off without. Sure it's a lot of development time to create detailed cockpits and in the bigger picture it isn't that important but dammit it's the LITTLE THINGS that add up. It's one of those INSIGNIFICANT reasons that GRID 1 is ranked SIGNIFICANTLY higher on Metacritic. It's the little things, and it's fairly obvious that Codemasters just doesn't care that much anymore. They brought teammates back, which is a massive, awesome throwback to the first game, and yet you can't actually choose your teammate. Better teams deliver better teammates but nothing really tells you how good they'll be until you're both out on track and at that point, it's to late to change things. All customization is gone. In both GRID 1 and 2 you could customize your car, especially in 2, and yet now everything is chosen for you. You can't how your car looks, who you will drive with, or even what you'll drive in the first place. I think the single, worst thing about Autosport is the fact that you can't even choose your car anymore, at least in singleplayer. It's just horrible. I mean, come on! How BASIC of a feature is it in the racing genre that the player can pick the car they want to drive? That's just the most basic feature of a racing game I can think of, and it's one that's been around for DECADES. It's almost insulting that they'd take that away now. GRID 1 was about freedom. You'd be forced to do a couple races for teams until you earned a bit of cash and then you could strike out on your own, and make a name for yourself. Develop your team, and conquer the racing world. GRID 2 did that as well, although it was still a step down from GRID 1. In Autosport, that sense of freedom and independence is gone. No longer are you pushing your team to be better than Ravenwest, now you're striving to be a part of Ravenwest. That sucks. Now that dream is to become the world's fastest wallflower. How could you stand out in a team of dudes who are surgical with a steering wheel? Autosport, despite it's numerous faults, does some things right. The driving physics are much better than GRID 2, much closer to GRID 1, the graphics are beautiful and the cars are incredible. They sound the best that they ever have in the series, and that hurtling sense of speed has returned. It moved a bit further away from arcade, and returned to the semi-sim roots that GRID formed from. Really it's the physics that make this a bearable game. GRID 2 had HORRIBLE physics. Anything that could hit 200mph was insanely hard to control. To stay competitive you HAD to drift and if you didn't do a drift JUST RIGHT, into the wall you go. There's a reason that Codemasters slapped in the rewind system. Sure a lot of modern racing games have it but an arcade-ish game shouldn't need it. Actually braking and taking a turn at full grip is much more repeatable and less dangerous than having to hit hairpins at 180mph just to stay competitive. Autosport isn't like that anymore. Sure a car still kicks the back end out but don't expect that to keep you on the road. Braking is a necessary feature again. Speaking of driving physics, GRID Autosport has, hands down, the BEST drifting physics I've seen in a racing game since Need For Speed Underground 2. So many games these days make you feel like you're drifting a slot car (NFS ProStreet had that REALLY bad). Drifting in GRID 2 isn't particularly fast like real drifiting, but it's CONTROLLABLE. It gives you the sense that you know what the car is doing, and where it is going at any given time. It's smoky, challenging, and fun. Overall, GRID Autosport is okay, and it's tried to incorporate a lot of features that made the first game incredible, however it seems to have faltered massively in incorporating those features. It feels more like a proper sequel to the original GRID than GRID 2 is, and yet just falls short in so many ways. Not enough was added to make up for what was lost. Maybe GRID 3 will be the GRID 1 HD remake that would just sell out everywhere. If Codemasters had just spent a bit more time, and slowed down, and carefully added in the new stuff, Autosport would have been the best game in the series by a mile. But they didn't. "Would have's" and "If only's" mean nothing once the game drops. And it has. And here we are. Expand
  32. Dec 20, 2014
    The original GRID seemed to nail the balance between a simulation and an arcade experience. GRID: Autosport has a more sim-like feel, which may appeal to some but not to me. The cars feel big and like you have to lug them through turns, yet oddly there's a tipping point while braking where suddenly the car will basically do a 180 if you so much as tap the stick. The braking feels allThe original GRID seemed to nail the balance between a simulation and an arcade experience. GRID: Autosport has a more sim-like feel, which may appeal to some but not to me. The cars feel big and like you have to lug them through turns, yet oddly there's a tipping point while braking where suddenly the car will basically do a 180 if you so much as tap the stick. The braking feels all over the place, probably because the game doesn't convey an intuitive sense of speed: 75 mph feels the same as 150 mph. Regardless, this is a game where proper braking is absolutely crucial, but the game does you no favors. The distance markers are too small, for example, and the announcer is useless. It all adds up to an unintuitive sense of control, and in racing games, if the control isn't there it's a good bet the overall gaming experience is in serious trouble.

I've only played a couple drift events but so far it's a hot mess. This game seems to think spinning your tires = drifting. The sweet spot of control through a turn is almost non-existent. You never get that "let it all hang out" feeling through a turn because going open throttle on even a straight will send you out of control! What were they thinking? But worse, there is no sense of what makes a good drift or a bad drift. There's some vague connection to markers on the sides of the turns but I've done absolutely sh**ty drifts of just tire-spinning and fish-tailing and they seem to score as well if not better than a controlled slide (on the extremely rare occasion the game lets me perform one).

Menus and skill progression, similar to Dirt 3, are terrible and totally uninspiring. I don't know why it's so hard for them. In the case of G:AS it's an extremely minimalist design that could easily have come from an 80s or 90s game, and gives you very little sense of progress, or why progress even matters. The tiers in the original GRID were not a standout but they did the job. Every game Codemasters has produced in the last few years has this sort of wannabe minimalist avant-garde look that also happens to be just passable at conveying information. It's better than Dirt 3's triangles, is about the best I can say.

And Codemasters, it's just a videogame. You don't need to confirm every freakin' decision I make. Do I really want to exit Practice Mode? YES, FREAKING YES!! If I accidentally pick the wrong thing and lose my race, it's not like I just deleted my dissertation or formatted my hard drive. So enough with the stupid confirming. Please Please fire the menu team. They have no idea how to design menus that compliment the rest of the game and they're annoying as hell.

Bottom line: all this adds up to a game that is just not terribly fun to play. It's not a horrible game but in both real cars and car racing games, the crucial make or break element is that intangible feeling of driving excitement. Racing is supposed to be edge of your seat type stuff, and this doesn't feel like it at all. It just feels mediocre. Glad I got this on sale but unless future Codemaster game reviews are overwhelmingly positive, this is likely my last purchase.
  33. Jul 9, 2014
    If you're PC gamer and you really love racing games, that's what you need to play. Long time we didn't see good racing games on PC (Forza on Xbox One and GT6 on PS3).
    So You have there several difficult modes and you can make your own difficult. So if you fresh one in racing games you can play on easy, but truly car on this difficult level feels like iron. For me, I prefer use Racing line and stuff from Medium difficulty. That's the way car feels the best for me.
    Graphics are good. Cockpit is back, but it is very bad: blur... And wtf with the mirrors? Where are they? Of course there are good mode in difficulty where you can off HUD and dive in world of racing because that radio guy is amazing.
    Sound of cars are really great, but this game hasn't soundtrack and when sometimes you want some fun with this game you didn' get it.
    But this game include several cool racing modes that is very good: Street racing, Formula C, Endurance leage, Touring leage, Drift challenges and others. And when you get hight level, game opens GRID races with best cars and cool tracks. Good motivation.
    Finally, It is good racing game, where car feels like a car. I thought to give it 6, but actually this is only one good racing game on PC for 2014 (even no NFS this year). No music, but I can just listen iPod while I'm playing. So I get it 7.
    I think this is the best game in GRID series (sorry, but I'm not played first one).
  34. Nov 15, 2014
    It's a farce after 800 hours of playing this game there are two major problems, you cannot own all the cars because of a limitation of the developement engine, and worse still slaving to upgrade the cars is a waste of time because UPGRADES DO NOT WORK. Over level 250 you are not able to buy any more cars because the database can't handle the number of cars so you can only buy 3/4's ofIt's a farce after 800 hours of playing this game there are two major problems, you cannot own all the cars because of a limitation of the developement engine, and worse still slaving to upgrade the cars is a waste of time because UPGRADES DO NOT WORK. Over level 250 you are not able to buy any more cars because the database can't handle the number of cars so you can only buy 3/4's of them. Spend hours and millions developing the cars you do own and the UPGRADES do not add 1mph/1.6kph to the performance of the cars. Shame on you Codemasters, promising features you cannot deliver. Five months of waiting for you to fix the upgrades and all we get is:

From CM representative.
    "As for levels and garage slots, the reason garage slots are capped as they are is down to technical reasons, in particular it revolves around the stability of the game. As each and every car is its own entity this starts to create a lot of data (especially in save files) which once it hits a certain point begins to have negative effects on the game."

"In the future we're hoping we won't be so bound by tech, and with new engines being worked on I'm quietly confident this will be the case."

As for Upgrades:
    Edit: It's worth noting as well that the effects of upgrades are marginal, you're not going to see huge performance gains.

That last statement is a joke, there is ZERO difference to upgraded or basic cars. But note CM do not admit they are a waste of space.

Shame on you Codemasters you have had the last of my money I won't even bother going into all the other bugs and features that dont work in this game.

Don't part with your money the promises are empty you will not get what you paid for.
    DR ZOOM
  35. Nov 22, 2014
    This game is like heroin - with all the bad side effects.

While I enjoyed the Open Wheel category and - to an extent - the Street category, and I'm very happy to see that they've finally added qualifying to some categories (but not all), I'm extremely disappointed in the AI and the inability to ever be able to launch off the line like the Ravenwest cars. Here's my dislikes: 1) In
    This game is like heroin - with all the bad side effects.

Here's my dislikes:

1) In order to progress to the championships, you have to futz along in a discipline that really doesn't belong in racing games - drift.

2) I can't build my own team, decide the livery, or pick and choose my own cars.

3) The cockpit view is pretty much useless if you want any information.

4) Extra difficulty points for turning off the HUD? Really?

5) Oh, and let's not forget about the "Penalty: You went over the white lines" crap. It's inconsistent which corners (or straights in some cases) will trigger this penalty for you (but not the AI).

6) The worst is the AI - Do you like being blocked at every pass attempt? Do you like being taken out at every corner? This game is for you!

The things I did like about this game:

1) Some of the tracks are a whole lot of fun to drive.

2) Some of the graphics are nice.

... and that's about it.

Save your money and skip this one. Codemasters has decided that they need to include drifting in all of their games save the F1 franchise, and I'm sure that if they could, they'd find some way to include drift in the next F1 release.
  36. Feb 2, 2015
    I loved Grid 2, which I bought a while before Grid Autosport came out.
    You had the thrill of gaining more fans and unlock more cars...
    Gameplay The gameplay is pretty sweet, cars respond nicely and look fabulous. It feels like you are seriously going fast and are really in a race. I don't like the AI, when you play an on an easy difficulty it is too easy. If you tune it up to a
    I loved Grid 2, which I bought a while before Grid Autosport came out.
    You had the thrill of gaining more fans and unlock more cars...

Gameplay
    The gameplay is pretty sweet, cars respond nicely and look fabulous.
    It feels like you are seriously going fast and are really in a race.

I don't like the AI, when you play an on an easy difficulty it is too easy. If you tune it up to a higher scale, you can get 2nd and are NEVER able to catch the No1. Because then the computer makes no mistakes.

The new system -where you can choose a racing discipline- is fun on one side, but on the other side it has completely locked down the versatility of the game.
    When you accept a racing discipline, you have to finish it before you can choose another (or cancel the one you have started).

Graphics
    Are nice, not exquisite but nice.
    You have the feeling you are racing fast, which is good.
    The circuits look good, the audience is there. Nothing missing, nothing too fancy.

Conclusion
    It's a game you sometimes play for fun, just to race.
    Because it isn't bad, but it could've been a hell of a lot better.
    So my score: 6/10.
  37. Jun 25, 2014
    Solid racing game. Big improvement over grid 2. Open wheelers are fun. I will admit the AI can be a bit brutal. Addition of split screen local is very cool. Don't listen to the clowns that give low scores, they clearly have no idea what a sub 5 game really is. This game is easily an 8.
  38. Jun 27, 2014
    Few things to look on "who" is reviewing the game.
    I have so far 25 hours played on this game, 98% of it on-line. Use G25 wheel and have been playing driving games for long time. Do not like arcade games. I am more into simulation.
    Its a great game.!!! Who is saying that is not..played it for few minutes or use keyboard or have no f* clue what he is talking about. Graphics is 10.
    Few things to look on "who" is reviewing the game.

Graphics is 10. Come on..tell me 1 driving game that have better graphics than this one.

Sound is 8.5

Physics 9. It's a pretty complex game and as you drive it you realize how wheel done things are.

Multiplayer is 10 for the experience and I would give a 6 for the way you find players. Again on auto server you cant see the servers and pic what you want.

So far so good.!

Enjoy the game and hope to see you there!
  39. Jun 26, 2014
    Game looks good, but handling is weard and most important it has got problems with many wheel support. The previous games had better support. TOCA is still better!
  40. Jun 28, 2014
    The last Codemasters game I will ever buy. They tried to recover the absolute fail that GRID 2 was, making a game more concerned on proper auto racing. The problem is that the gameplay is still **** no realism and no feeling at all with any car, just awesome graphic. Maybe that's the only thing that counts for many gamer in 2014, but not for me. I want to race, not to look at the environment.
  41. Jul 3, 2014
    поиграв немного подольше и разобравшись что к чему понял что это классная игра... даже поставил сложный уровень и наслаждаюсь игрой. важное место в успешном прохождении занимают тренировки и квалификации... а те идиоты которые говорят что на легком никого обогнать не могут, идите играйте в тупорылые нидфоспиды.поиграв немного подольше и разобравшись что к чему понял что это классная игра... даже поставил сложный уровень и наслаждаюсь игрой. важное место в успешном прохождении занимают тренировки и квалификации... а те идиоты которые говорят что на легком никого обогнать не могут, идите играйте в тупорылые нидфоспиды.
  42. Jun 24, 2014
    Solid game. Improves on Grid 2 in every way possible. Great to have cockpit cam back, even if the rendering isn't exactly the greatest. Would have liked to see more customization options, but then again that's never been what the game was about.
  43. Jun 27, 2014
    This is a game which appeals to those who are fans of racing and motorsport. Codemasters seem to have nailed the sweet spot this time - perhaps more so than GRID 2. Let's begin with the driving. When most games try to do "simulation", this usually translates into unnecessarily dull driving with plenty of understeer, no sense of speed, the inability to drift and the inability to turn whileThis is a game which appeals to those who are fans of racing and motorsport. Codemasters seem to have nailed the sweet spot this time - perhaps more so than GRID 2. Let's begin with the driving. When most games try to do "simulation", this usually translates into unnecessarily dull driving with plenty of understeer, no sense of speed, the inability to drift and the inability to turn while braking. In Autosport, you still get the excitement and sharp handling of GRID 2 but with a lot more control. You can really tell a car's limits jsut from the vibration and tyre noise. I'd describe it as a perfect balance - it's deep but still fun and intuitive. For someone that plays a lot of racing games, I usually find that in some games, you are disadvantaged by not using assists, whereas in this game, turning of all assists and using manual gears is actually rewarding rather than punishing. Whilst GRID 2 was more like a Project Gotham Racing clone, Autosport is more like a Racedriver game. Whilst there is a strong emphasis on teams, the core gameplay experience doesn't feel diluted or pushed aside by unnecessary stats, menus and artificial babble. The main selling point of this game is CHOICE. You can do all the cool street racing and drifts in exotic tuners and supercars, or you can go for a more hardcore time attack approach around tracks or do some endurance racing in touring cars and such. There are five distinct disciplines which cater for a wide audience; and is something I've personally wanted to see as a racing game fan. No longer do I have to go to a separate game for each kind of experience - you can get all the racing you want in one complete package. It's just very much pick-up-and-play. Weekly challenges return in online mode, where you have a target to beat in each of the disciplines. Want to just set a fast lap time with Bronze Silver Gold Platinum to aim for? You can. Want to get an awesome drift going? you can. From street racing to track racing to demolition derby, this game has it all. It is a very high quality game in every sense, from optimisation, game engine and lack of glitches to robust mechanics and controls. The game is highly accessible to those who have little experience in racing games with a plethora of assists and difficulty options, but also gives more seasoned veterans the chance to earn more XP by using fewer assists, higher AI difficulty, less flashbacks etc. There's not much clutter here. You can tune your car, but in a similar manner to DiRT 2 and 3. Just a 5-point slider with short explanations. The only complaint I have is that of interior view. Not only is it the worst I've ever seen in terms of the camera angle, but there is ZERO detail (see screenshots), it's just black. This is dssappointing as this was my major issue with GRID 2. If you can overlook this minor flaw, you will find high quality racing game which is more about what happens on the track than the menus. Expand
  44. Jun 27, 2014
    Fun arcade driving game!
    Now repeat that about 5 to 6 times.
    The GRID series has always been a fun, although slightly strange, beast. They are neither arcade or full fledge sims. They are hybrids, and a lot of people seem unable to get their heads around that. I guess this is what makes this game so fun and satisfying. You don't get a mindless driving game but at the same time, you
    Fun arcade driving game!
    Now repeat that about 5 to 6 times.

I guess this is what makes this game so fun and satisfying. You don't get a mindless driving game but at the same time, you get a very forgiving ride compared to a sim. It's challenging but you won't need months to master a single car.

The game controls great with a Xbox controller and Codemasters have done a good job of optimising this for PC with nice textures, lighting and good control over the visual settings.

This is more of GRID, and if you liked the previous instalments, you will probably like this one too.
  45. Jun 26, 2014
    Perhaps you have to be more of a hardcore race gamer to really enjoy this. I am more in the open world free roamer race category. I really got this just because it was said to be a good benchmarking tool.

Eh? Someone lead me astray there. A single Titan GPU easily runs this on ultra (not tried 4k res yet only 2560x1440) with ok frame rates (90-100). SLI profile due in a future driver release shortly apparently.

Frankly, they needn't bother, it just does not look good enough to be the benchmark, graphical test I thought it would be.

Game wise I found it pretty boring but as I said I am not a purist race gamer. I owned one of the cars featured in the game and it felt nothing like so much fun in the game itself. The early game cars seem to wallow around the corners more like a cheap family saloon than race ready vehicles.

So if like me you thought you were buying a "state of the art" race genre game to see what state of the art looks like.this isn't it. Maybe one for die hard racers than want a no frills gaming experience with the emphasis on competition and going around and around a limited number of track endlessly then this is your game.

Hard for me to rate this as it is miles from what I hoped for and I know that this sort of game is not aimed at a niche I am in. However, I would have thought it would have at least been entertaining for an hour. It wasn't, it was just repetitive. The fun of driving at high speed doesn't come through when driving around the track repetitively. On some tracks evens the scenery is limited and boring. It is just not good enough to appeal to enough people. I will persevere a little more through some modes but I suspect it will be uninstalled quite shortly. The time I spent trying to like this game was time better spent playing through something a little less lifeless.

Agree with other comments about Engine sounds. Sounded about as dull and lifeless as the game looks and plays. They seem to have spent a fair bit of time modelling the look of the vehicles with some great detail on the cars (but by no means spectacular). On the other hand, this is pretty pointless if the game is so dull you cant be arsed to get in one and drive.
  46. Jun 27, 2014
    avoid this game, boring as hell..... grid 2 more realistic and alot more fun
    who wants to race mini's no reason for the car to turn so slow at such low speeds
  47. Jun 28, 2014
    Let's put it this way: if you liked TOCA Race Driver 2 and 3, you are going to like this. I have waited for a racing game with similar handling to those two for almost ten years and its finally here.
  48. Jun 24, 2014
    this game is soo hard. i have to brake sometimes. wtf. i like being able to drive just using accelerator to get round corners. in big rigs off the road racing i never had to let go of accelerator
  49. Jul 7, 2014
    Much better than recent codemasters titles.

Handling is a lot better and the game has more depth allround.
    A good list of real international tracks to race on that very few games have used previously.

If you like racing games and you're not a 100% sim only guy, this is pretty darn good.
  50. Sep 5, 2014
    I am loving this game! I totally get what the nay-sayers are saying: that there are significant problems with certain aspects of the game. I am not a hard core racing gamer, so some of the aspects on what makes a racing game great are probably lost on me. Did play GRID 2, but not for very long. I'm not a big fan of constantly spinning out. What I see here is an absolutely gorgeousI am loving this game! I totally get what the nay-sayers are saying: that there are significant problems with certain aspects of the game. I am not a hard core racing gamer, so some of the aspects on what makes a racing game great are probably lost on me. Did play GRID 2, but not for very long. I'm not a big fan of constantly spinning out. What I see here is an absolutely gorgeous game. From my very first turn on the San Fransisco ring the game is jaw dropping. I love how you can change every difficulty aspect of the game, and that in turn adds or takes away from your XP. That's a great concept, and should be used in all other genres of games as well. Yes there is no rear view mirror, and that is a disappointment and the in-car camera is useless and does not give you a realisitic feel at all. But between the number of cars, number of tracks and number of events, coupled with the amazing scenery: I think I'll be pretty busy driving the external view and loving every fast-paced second of it. Expand
  51. Jul 16, 2014
    It's really a solid SIMCADE and it reminds me the original TOCA. Motorsport fits the game with different car types with different handling. Although many people miss the dashboard view for me the inner views are perfect (when you drive you concentrate on the track and other cars and not on your car).
  52. Jul 2, 2014
    Bad game! Very boring. It feels like we are still in 2004... The graphics inside the cars are terrible. The physics are terrible. The sounds are terrible. Just don't waste your money! GRID 2 was so much better than this crap...
  53. Aug 31, 2014
    Много машин и трасс! Красивая графика...адекватная физика!(На руле играть приятно) Убогий вид из кабины....все замылено...сделали для галочки.....пожалуй самый жесткий минус у игры на мой взгляд!
    Играя в неё складывается ощущение что чего-то не хватает! Чего то!!!
    Играя в неё складывается ощущение что чего-то не хватает! Чего то!!!
  54. Feb 25, 2015
    It`s okay, I guess...A simcade title for old TOCA fans, so to speak. This game has so many nice things and equally many bad things it is hard to justify buying it. I guess I bought it because it was on sale and I was curious. So after 16 ingame career seasons I played this game for over 70 hours...wow.

I guess it is quite good. Not great but good, yeah. 7 out of 10, guys, minus one for extensive DLCs.

DRIVE MODEL/PHYSICS
    It`s fun. It can get hard at times, but a Simbin veteran will dislike it. While playing it you have to change your driving style which is quite different from sim-aspiring titles. So you get bad driving habits. Once you get aquainted with the DM, which takes about 3 hours, I guess it is fun to drive. The devs deserve to be commended for changing the rubbish GRiD2 DM, where you won by drifting. Here, you must drive in a technical, smooth manner or you lose. The drifting is very easy and fun. So a simracing fan can find some fun in this title and arcade racing fan will feel right at home.

TRACKS/CARS
    Very good selection. Openwheels, prototypes, supercars, V8 supercars, even hothatches are there. Every car has its own character, drives a bit different. The player feels if a car is a rear-drive. The over and understeer is there and it is noticeable.
    There are some tracks from GRiD and some internationals like Spa Francochamps. Sadly, no Nordschleife but what can you do. The highlights are A to B circuits which are unfortunately DLC.

SOUNDS/FX
    Head and shoulders above anything racing I`ve played to date. Just excellent, creates 70% of the good immersion. Thanks to the sounds, the cars are living beasts. Made me go on for much longer than I wanted to play this initially.

GRAPHICS
    There is damage model but very simplified. The textures are not up to today`s standards (yes I have the High Textures DLC). What can I say, the graphics do not hinder the racing experience too much and that is most of what can be said about it. Oh and the cockpits are hilarious...how can a pc developer create such a monstrosity is beyond me. The dashboards of all cars are blurry, no gauges work. If it wasn`t for the great sounds and good career, I`d quit this game after 10minutes.

CAREER/GAMEPLAY
    Good career. Lots of races, lots of different configurations but many get repeated. Surprisingly, the Grand Slam created incentive for me to keep playing, and I wanted to check out all the cars. At level 6 there`s not much left of that incentive though.
    The great part is that the player can change everything at any point in time. Be it graphics settings or difficulty or race duration, you name it, it is the player who chooses what and when to play. You can quit an race when you want, you can even quit an ongoing season to enter the next one.
    The AI is nothing special although it is similar to GRiD - the opponents do make mistakes sometimes. Often, at the start of a race, there are major crashes involving few cars. If you get to evade such a crash, you can win easily. So even if you are 2nd and have 10 seconds difference, you continue racing.

What really made my blood boil often is the penalty system. There are far too many instances when you cut the track and the game freezes you for a few seconds, even when your opponent crashes into you. This is very annoying especially at chicanes. A big bump on the road of my enjoyment with this game.
  55. Jan 4, 2015
    GRID Autosport features more cars, tracks, and modes than any Grid game to come before it. Unfortunately, all this diversity is absolutely ruined by the horribly boring career mode. The career mode breaks gameplay up into categories and requires one to race well over one hundred nearly identical races for each category to unlock the final events. Seriously, the one hundred races allGRID Autosport features more cars, tracks, and modes than any Grid game to come before it. Unfortunately, all this diversity is absolutely ruined by the horribly boring career mode. The career mode breaks gameplay up into categories and requires one to race well over one hundred nearly identical races for each category to unlock the final events. Seriously, the one hundred races all take place over just a handful of (3-5) tracks and a few (2-4) cars. As if this weren't enough of a grind, even a player that places first in every event they enter will be forced to start in the back of the pack 50-100% of the time. And although every single "season" is scored on team performance, there is no facility to choose your teammate beyond choosing between two subpar racing teams at the beginning of each season (better teams aren't unlocked until repeat playthroughs, as if the first one wasn't dragged out long enough).

If Grid's approach to single-player was to just layout available cars and tracks and say, "go to it!" then I would rate the game as an eight and name it the best racing game Codemasters has ever made. Unfortunately, the way the single-player content is spread so nauseatingly thin across a campaign whose length is already nauseatingly exaggerated.
  56. Feb 4, 2015
    I have played the game for approximately 60 hours and it is still a lot of fun. The tracks and cars look very well and the controls feel very real (I play it with a logitech momo wheel). I thinks it's cool that you can buy cars and upgrade and customize them. There is only one minus point and that is that I have a lot of lag. I have it sometimes when I play singleplayer and almost everyI have played the game for approximately 60 hours and it is still a lot of fun. The tracks and cars look very well and the controls feel very real (I play it with a logitech momo wheel). I thinks it's cool that you can buy cars and upgrade and customize them. There is only one minus point and that is that I have a lot of lag. I have it sometimes when I play singleplayer and almost every race when I play online. The game freezes for half a second a couple of times a lap. It really annoys when I play online because my lap times are always lower than when I drive without lag. Except that problem this game is good fun. Expand
  57. Jan 13, 2015
    This game is a **** The circuits are so ugly, single play is really boring, and in multiplay is worse. This game is really expensive, and so poor. The sensation to control the cars, is really **** If you wanna a nice car game, simulation, or arcade, buy another one, because this is a crap.
  58. Feb 4, 2015
    On peut dire que c'est une suite de TOCA avec beaucoup de contenu, mode de jeu assez varié et nombre de circuit suffisant mais le point négatif du jeu est sans doute le choix des voitures médiocre et aucun mode de tunning pour changer la peinture etc.... puis la conduite est un peu imaginaire on dirait des camions parfois avec trop de patinage et un mode drift plus que douteux donc aOn peut dire que c'est une suite de TOCA avec beaucoup de contenu, mode de jeu assez varié et nombre de circuit suffisant mais le point négatif du jeu est sans doute le choix des voitures médiocre et aucun mode de tunning pour changer la peinture etc.... puis la conduite est un peu imaginaire on dirait des camions parfois avec trop de patinage et un mode drift plus que douteux donc a testé gratuitement mais je vous déconseille de l'acheter :) Expand
  59. Apr 22, 2015
    Its good racing game no doubt about that - good graphics, even not the best but satisfying, career mode took me over 50 hours to finish on medium difficulty and to be 1st on every championchip. Gameplay is fine - destruction of cars, collisions are taking effect on driving itself. Also many cars and classes and the best - really lot of different tracks is making this game really contentIts good racing game no doubt about that - good graphics, even not the best but satisfying, career mode took me over 50 hours to finish on medium difficulty and to be 1st on every championchip. Gameplay is fine - destruction of cars, collisions are taking effect on driving itself. Also many cars and classes and the best - really lot of different tracks is making this game really content filled. Sadly there are some flaws that I cant simply walk over like career mode is long but has nothing special to offer, progress is not unlocking anything but only new championchips and EX gaining feels pointless and not satisfiing enough. Also sounds of cars doesn't feel always real and camera in cockpit is really bad and ugly done. Its really shame that multiplayer is so empty, because progression in it looks more fun than in career mode. But GRID like a whole game feels good, sense of speed and various racing styles will hold you in this game for a while... Expand
  60. Aug 3, 2015
    The first GRID: An excellent game.
    The second GRID: Possibly one of the worst games ever produced by Codemasters.
    GRID Autosport: It's an immense step up from GRID 2, even though that doesn't really mean much. They've gotten the handling nearly back to where it was in the first GRID. They've really tried to get it back to that feeling that the first GRID gave you. They failed. The
    The first GRID: An excellent game.
    The second GRID: Possibly one of the worst games ever produced by Codemasters.
    GRID Autosport:
    They failed.
    The music is uninspired, they still haven't put the Le Mans race back in again. They said they listened to the fans, but they really didn't.
    It's a good game though, and there's a lot of fun to be had. Especially online. But it seems Codemasters have lost touch with what makes a good racing game since after the first GRID.
    Rest in peace Race Driver series.
  61. Jun 1, 2015
    Another very good way for people at Codemasters, has everything it needs .
  62. Nov 23, 2015
    The game is just amazing. I love play this game. For me this game is amazing ! Nothing more to comment because this game is amazing ! I rate this 10/10
  63. Jul 20, 2016
    First of all I am fun of simulators. Recomended for Arcade funs, not recomended for SIMULATORS FUNS.
    In many reviews I was reading that TOCA Race Driver 3 (2006) is coming back (TOCA 2 and Race Driver3 2006 where the best sim games what codemasters made - driving phisics. In TOCA RC3 you need to switch on "gravel traps" and other stuff there to get realy good driving modeling, without this is DAMMED ARCADE). In gird I thought that if I will switch off all assists game will be demanding and will have good driving model. IT IS NOT. It is realy arcade, but only ine connection with old TOCARC3 what I can see is big range of car, races eetc.
    I will bet if dirt rally programmers team would do GIRD Autosport, then it would be much better, because Dirt Rally is quite good not easy game. Where you can feel that you are driving 1,5 ton car not the paper box.

AI and race driving tactics are focused not on tactical overtaking and knowledge but on quite brutal driving style, what can confirm for example setups for second team driver (defend-he will push cars from track when somebody will try to overtake, Attack-better not to tell...hell).
    So game AI are not so smart in smooth nice tactical driving like it was in RC3 or TOCA2, its always better to push somebody out of the track. In old good RC3 you and AI were getting penalities and warnings for cuting the track and agresive driving

Climat:
    In my opinion from codemasters the best climat was in TOCA 2 and RC3, because to make good lap time you needed to drive 500laps on one trackto learn everything, so during the race time where opponents were siting on your tail you could feel higher blood pressure because you knew that one....only onle mistake will cost of loosing all points. And more over driving model was not easy and on hard mode every cars were siting on bumpers so close to each other, it was very
    stresful - but this is the climat of closed track racing....

I have hope that finaly Codemaster will make good game on Turning Cars Topic and GTRs with good driving morel. I think that after of big succes of Dirt Rally Codemasters has understood that the game can not be easy, more difficult game gives you more satisfaction when you will pass/win something. This is Dirt Rally....now waiting for asphalt racing....because autosport is not for me.
  64. Mar 18, 2017
    Awful, awful driving experience. It's not even a matter of the game being "arcade", it's just that a touring car handles like a heavy executive sedan on roids.
    The steering manages to be both too direct and terribly unresponsive: the car swerves all over the track, while the AI doesn't miss a single opportunity to ram you from behind.
    Breaking and acceleration feel as smooth as one of
    Breaking and acceleration feel as smooth as one of those underwater levels on old 2D platformers...

The most disappointing and frustrating driving experience in recent memory. Zero sense of accomplishment and immersion because the cars feel like something completely different than any other game, arcade or simulation.
  65. Jan 29, 2017
    Buena continuación del ya mítico Grid, Buenos graficos, buen uso de los sonidos, Vuelta a la simulación que perdió levemente el Grid 2, Buena variedad de coches, largo. Solo 1 queja, En DLC de coches clásicos de la saga TOCA, Como es posible que no colocaran el gran Renault Laguna de Alain Menu y Jason Plato? Rayos fue el Vehiculo de la portada de TOCA Touring Cars 1 y 2, incluso hace unaBuena continuación del ya mítico Grid, Buenos graficos, buen uso de los sonidos, Vuelta a la simulación que perdió levemente el Grid 2, Buena variedad de coches, largo. Solo 1 queja, En DLC de coches clásicos de la saga TOCA, Como es posible que no colocaran el gran Renault Laguna de Alain Menu y Jason Plato? Rayos fue el Vehiculo de la portada de TOCA Touring Cars 1 y 2, incluso hace una aparición en TOCA World Touring Cars. Traigan de vuelta al Clasico Renault Laguna. por lo demás un excelente juegazo Expand
  66. Feb 25, 2017
    I Liked the game a lot. Strong sequences, realistic graphics and intense fun makes this game one of my personal favorite games of all time. I think you would have nice fun playing it! (The only bad thing is that you can only race and you cannot roam around the game but who cares??? :)
  67. Mar 1, 2022
    Игра очень затянута для 100%. сами гонки, добивание очков переигрывание - очень долго, затянуто, и не слишком интересно. Разнообразия мало.
    графика как во 2 части.
    Итог: 5.455/10 хуже первой части - печально.
  68. Apr 16, 2018
    +graphics
    +funny driving model (mix of simulation and arcade)
    +very good drifting -absolutely boring campaign -weak car choice -you cant drive for your own team -small number of tracks -cockpit view is a shame -very weak car adjustment I played only single player and I have to say that it is an absolute shame. I am very disappointed because the first grid was great. I don't
    +graphics
    +funny driving model (mix of simulation and arcade)
    +very good drifting
    -absolutely boring campaign
    -weak car choice
    -you cant drive for your own team
    -small number of tracks
    -cockpit view is a shame
    -very weak car adjustment

I played only single player and I have to say that it is an absolute shame. I am very disappointed because the first grid was great. I don't recommend this game.
  69. Apr 5, 2021
    I completely didn't get the feel of this game, unlike the previous installments.
  70. Sep 28, 2019
    Way better than GRID. Vibration/feedback is better, using a g27 wheel. More options/customization. Rewind is much longer, and you can set it to unlimited rewinds. Car handling is better and feels more realistic.

Replay/rewind/flashback mechanism is different but fine when it works, but frequently doesn't work. Possibly a fix is pressing break/reverse before hitting the flashback button.

I agree the cockpit view is bad. The hood view seems the best.

It kind of feels boring as there's not much to it. That might be magnified if it's your main/only game. It's quite long and provides lots of hours of play time.

I've never drifted in real life, but the drifting seems unrealistic; overly sensitive. Maybe it's a wet track or something, but they should tell you that. EDIT: yeah it was likely a wet track. Later in the game there's a dry one that feels good/normal.
  71. Jan 31, 2020
    GRID 1: Perfect. GRID 2: Trying too hard. GRID Autosport? Not trying hard enough. As much as I like how they’ve shifted the physics more towards the simulation end of the spectrum, it otherwise feels exactly the same as GRID 2 but with absolutely zero soul. There’s no character, no fanfare to anything, it’s just a case of “Do this race. Ok you suck, now do this race.” There’s a naggingGRID 1: Perfect. GRID 2: Trying too hard. GRID Autosport? Not trying hard enough. As much as I like how they’ve shifted the physics more towards the simulation end of the spectrum, it otherwise feels exactly the same as GRID 2 but with absolutely zero soul. There’s no character, no fanfare to anything, it’s just a case of “Do this race. Ok you suck, now do this race.” There’s a nagging sense of lifelessness about this game. It’s a very highly polished game with plenty of style, but when it just feels like GRID 2 with a bodge-job Physics Patch and a very minor graphical upgrade, that’s when I have to put my foot down. Robbing it of all its soul however is the last straw, and the grindy, repetitive career mode will gradually sap your will to continue playing. Just buy GRID 2 or the original and play that instead, because at least they have character Expand
  72. Apr 7, 2022
    First, Codemasters Missing the crucial ingredient is Le Mans 24H Race track and it's all layout, plus missing out the team creation for offline race. Sometimes, the game is buggy such as AI didn't disqualify from the race when it's make a foul start, win race, but the game doesn't accept the result. There is no option for the simulation mode. But the rest are very impressive.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 35 Critic Reviews

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Sep 3, 2014
    The latest GRID entry delivers decent and semi-realistic racing, but the game seems to suffer from lack of all-important polish. Monotonic career mode, blurred cockpits and pretty narrow race options (no rain?) are the biggest issues for me. [Aug 2014]
  2. CD-Action
    Aug 25, 2014
    Autosport tries hard to bring back the glory of the first GRID (e.g. the cockpit cam returns) but the career mode was designed horribly, the game engine is aging and the whole thing lacks a spark. [08/2014, p.66]
  3. Aug 6, 2014
    A pretty fun racing title, but in the pursuit of addressing every bit of feedback after Grid 2, Codemasters hasn't delivered the most cohesive experience. You still need to endure some of the disciplines that you may not like in order to progress through the career, and the two cockpit cameras feel more like a fan-made mod than something devised by the developer itself. Throw in the erratic AI and you might get annoyed quite a few times while playing Autosport.