6.3

1. Jun 30, 2014
    It's not actually that bad. Coming from a sim racers perspective (iRacing, Assetto Corsa, rFactor) it's definitely playable. Whilst it isn't a sim, I can happily sit down & play for a few hours just to take a break from the serious games. I was able to jump right in & race hard and fast from the get-go, with the AI set to Hard difficulty. (With only the HUD on, if you want to count that asIt's not actually that bad. Coming from a sim racers perspective (iRacing, Assetto Corsa, rFactor) it's definitely playable. Whilst it isn't a sim, I can happily sit down & play for a few hours just to take a break from the serious games. I was able to jump right in & race hard and fast from the get-go, with the AI set to Hard difficulty. (With only the HUD on, if you want to count that as an assist) After completing the first 2 introduction races I hopped into the Open-Wheel career path and completed my first season there, it was a lot of fun, just driving different tracks and cars (Formula 3) to what I was normally used to. However, the cockpit view is horrible. Everything is blurred out so you can't see the steering wheel or mirrors. This is by far the games' biggest issue that could have been EASILY fixed. Codemasters, please do tell me what the point is of having a cockpit with blurred mirrors? It's almost impossible to enjoy the game with no HUD on as you have no way to tell what position you're in or how many laps to go, or when to change gears, (I go by sound, but not being able to see my engines RPM or shift lights is utterly ridiculous). This next section I'll be going through a few positives & negatives about the game as I know people don't want to read on and on and on.

Positives:
    - The cameras each have their own unique feel to them but the roll-bar cam is quite nice with just the right amount of FOV set that allows you to see both what's in front and what's next to you, I highly recommend you use this and not the 3rd person camera to get the most out of GRID Autosport.

- Menu navigation is simplistic.

- The music can get repetitive, but its surprisingly bearable, or you can disable it entirely in the options menu.

- Physics for a simcade aren't too bad although some cars feel like they need a bit of work.

- Career mode is pretty good, with a wide variety of disciplines.

Negatives:

- The whole teammate, team stuff doesn't have enough depth. Why on earth should I care if my team-mate does well? I'm only there for my self, not the team.

- AI pace can be inconsistent from track-to track.

Overall:
    It's not a bad game for a casual racing fan or a hardcore sim racing enthusiast, cockpit view needs to be patched asap though.
  2. Mar 6, 2020
    So CodeMasters kept telling us they´ve listened to players feedback after the pile of crap Grid 2 was, and they were going to develop something to make a triumphal comeback to the driving genre...
    Well, alas Grid Autosport is not that promised mesias.
  3. Jul 3, 2014
    +++ Pros: +++
    1. Decent lenght of the game (21 various tracks and 5 different disciplines and all unlocked from the start).
    2. Graphics of cars (with free DLC hi-res textures) are great. 3. Local (splitscreen) and online multiplayer. 4. The damage model is present (optional). 5. Licensed cars of all classes are present. - - - Cons: - - - 1. The graphics of tracks and background are
    +++ Pros: +++
    2. Graphics of cars (with free DLC hi-res textures) are great.
    3. Local (splitscreen) and online multiplayer.
    4. The damage model is present (optional).
    5. Licensed cars of all classes are present.
    - - - Cons: - - -
    1. The graphics of tracks and background are poor (as from PS2 2005 game).
    2. The controls and handling are pretty bad. (little difference among cars)
    3. The A.I. opponents cheat. (They will smash you from any side,yet they are sticked to the road).
    4. Little customatization of your cars (probably ready for upcoming DLC).
    5. No licensed music (just some free loops).

Do you like instant action,choose any track any event and race?
    Do you like arcade controls and style?
    Do you have a mate to play with?
    Do you like cheating?
    Do you like hoover sounds instead of music?
    If you answered at least 3 times yes,then this game might be just for you.
  4. Jun 30, 2014
    First Impression totally hated this game. Still on the fence whether I like it or not. Sure it is not Grid 2 which to me is a hell of lot of fun. and I will continue to play this to see if it ever develops into a fun game, but for right now it is pretty damn boring. Graphics are amazing, nice to see a variety of courses. It's practically impossible to use full throttle unless your on aFirst Impression totally hated this game. Still on the fence whether I like it or not. Sure it is not Grid 2 which to me is a hell of lot of fun. and I will continue to play this to see if it ever develops into a fun game, but for right now it is pretty damn boring. Graphics are amazing, nice to see a variety of courses. It's practically impossible to use full throttle unless your on a straight. Hit a corner and spin out , try to give it some throttle and you spin more.. seriously what car spins out at 15 mph. I expected more, but will continue to see after earning cars and upgrading if it improves. Expand
  5. Jun 27, 2014
    It's an "okay" game, not as fun as Grid and Grid 2 but well made with impressive graphics and sounds, however the handling takes the joy out of this game and let me explain why, no matter what car you are driving they all feel like a 50hp Nissan Micra doing a handbrake turn in the corners, your car looses all the power and almost stops when you try to power drift through a nice corner. IfIt's an "okay" game, not as fun as Grid and Grid 2 but well made with impressive graphics and sounds, however the handling takes the joy out of this game and let me explain why, no matter what car you are driving they all feel like a 50hp Nissan Micra doing a handbrake turn in the corners, your car looses all the power and almost stops when you try to power drift through a nice corner. If you prefer simulation over arcade I suppose it could be worth picking up on a 50% sale but at full price I would be more careful and watch game play videos first. Realism can be a good thing but fun is always more important in my book. Expand
  6. Sep 18, 2014
    I feel like this game really had a lot of promise. I definitely noticed that the game plays a lot more like the original Race Driver GRID. GRID 1 was far and away the best game in the series, and I feel like Autosport has taken a few cues from that. Autosport both built on some aspects, and faltered in others. The in-car cam is back and yet it's a blurry mess that the game would frankly beI feel like this game really had a lot of promise. I definitely noticed that the game plays a lot more like the original Race Driver GRID. GRID 1 was far and away the best game in the series, and I feel like Autosport has taken a few cues from that. Autosport both built on some aspects, and faltered in others. The in-car cam is back and yet it's a blurry mess that the game would frankly be better off without. Sure it's a lot of development time to create detailed cockpits and in the bigger picture it isn't that important but dammit it's the LITTLE THINGS that add up. It's one of those INSIGNIFICANT reasons that GRID 1 is ranked SIGNIFICANTLY higher on Metacritic. It's the little things, and it's fairly obvious that Codemasters just doesn't care that much anymore. They brought teammates back, which is a massive, awesome throwback to the first game, and yet you can't actually choose your teammate. Better teams deliver better teammates but nothing really tells you how good they'll be until you're both out on track and at that point, it's to late to change things. All customization is gone. In both GRID 1 and 2 you could customize your car, especially in 2, and yet now everything is chosen for you. You can't how your car looks, who you will drive with, or even what you'll drive in the first place. I think the single, worst thing about Autosport is the fact that you can't even choose your car anymore, at least in singleplayer. It's just horrible. I mean, come on! How BASIC of a feature is it in the racing genre that the player can pick the car they want to drive? That's just the most basic feature of a racing game I can think of, and it's one that's been around for DECADES. It's almost insulting that they'd take that away now. GRID 1 was about freedom. You'd be forced to do a couple races for teams until you earned a bit of cash and then you could strike out on your own, and make a name for yourself. Develop your team, and conquer the racing world. GRID 2 did that as well, although it was still a step down from GRID 1. In Autosport, that sense of freedom and independence is gone. No longer are you pushing your team to be better than Ravenwest, now you're striving to be a part of Ravenwest. That sucks. Now that dream is to become the world's fastest wallflower. How could you stand out in a team of dudes who are surgical with a steering wheel? Autosport, despite it's numerous faults, does some things right. The driving physics are much better than GRID 2, much closer to GRID 1, the graphics are beautiful and the cars are incredible. They sound the best that they ever have in the series, and that hurtling sense of speed has returned. It moved a bit further away from arcade, and returned to the semi-sim roots that GRID formed from. Really it's the physics that make this a bearable game. GRID 2 had HORRIBLE physics. Anything that could hit 200mph was insanely hard to control. To stay competitive you HAD to drift and if you didn't do a drift JUST RIGHT, into the wall you go. There's a reason that Codemasters slapped in the rewind system. Sure a lot of modern racing games have it but an arcade-ish game shouldn't need it. Actually braking and taking a turn at full grip is much more repeatable and less dangerous than having to hit hairpins at 180mph just to stay competitive. Autosport isn't like that anymore. Sure a car still kicks the back end out but don't expect that to keep you on the road. Braking is a necessary feature again. Speaking of driving physics, GRID Autosport has, hands down, the BEST drifting physics I've seen in a racing game since Need For Speed Underground 2. So many games these days make you feel like you're drifting a slot car (NFS ProStreet had that REALLY bad). Drifting in GRID 2 isn't particularly fast like real drifiting, but it's CONTROLLABLE. It gives you the sense that you know what the car is doing, and where it is going at any given time. It's smoky, challenging, and fun. Overall, GRID Autosport is okay, and it's tried to incorporate a lot of features that made the first game incredible, however it seems to have faltered massively in incorporating those features. It feels more like a proper sequel to the original GRID than GRID 2 is, and yet just falls short in so many ways. Not enough was added to make up for what was lost. Maybe GRID 3 will be the GRID 1 HD remake that would just sell out everywhere. If Codemasters had just spent a bit more time, and slowed down, and carefully added in the new stuff, Autosport would have been the best game in the series by a mile. But they didn't. "Would have's" and "If only's" mean nothing once the game drops. And it has. And here we are. Expand
  7. Dec 20, 2014
    The original GRID seemed to nail the balance between a simulation and an arcade experience. GRID: Autosport has a more sim-like feel, which may appeal to some but not to me. The cars feel big and like you have to lug them through turns, yet oddly there's a tipping point while braking where suddenly the car will basically do a 180 if you so much as tap the stick. The braking feels allThe original GRID seemed to nail the balance between a simulation and an arcade experience. GRID: Autosport has a more sim-like feel, which may appeal to some but not to me. The cars feel big and like you have to lug them through turns, yet oddly there's a tipping point while braking where suddenly the car will basically do a 180 if you so much as tap the stick. The braking feels all over the place, probably because the game doesn't convey an intuitive sense of speed: 75 mph feels the same as 150 mph. Regardless, this is a game where proper braking is absolutely crucial, but the game does you no favors. The distance markers are too small, for example, and the announcer is useless. It all adds up to an unintuitive sense of control, and in racing games, if the control isn't there it's a good bet the overall gaming experience is in serious trouble.

I've only played a couple drift events but so far it's a hot mess. This game seems to think spinning your tires = drifting. The sweet spot of control through a turn is almost non-existent. You never get that "let it all hang out" feeling through a turn because going open throttle on even a straight will send you out of control! What were they thinking? But worse, there is no sense of what makes a good drift or a bad drift. There's some vague connection to markers on the sides of the turns but I've done absolutely sh**ty drifts of just tire-spinning and fish-tailing and they seem to score as well if not better than a controlled slide (on the extremely rare occasion the game lets me perform one).

Menus and skill progression, similar to Dirt 3, are terrible and totally uninspiring. I don't know why it's so hard for them. In the case of G:AS it's an extremely minimalist design that could easily have come from an 80s or 90s game, and gives you very little sense of progress, or why progress even matters. The tiers in the original GRID were not a standout but they did the job. Every game Codemasters has produced in the last few years has this sort of wannabe minimalist avant-garde look that also happens to be just passable at conveying information. It's better than Dirt 3's triangles, is about the best I can say.

And Codemasters, it's just a videogame. You don't need to confirm every freakin' decision I make. Do I really want to exit Practice Mode? YES, FREAKING YES!! If I accidentally pick the wrong thing and lose my race, it's not like I just deleted my dissertation or formatted my hard drive. So enough with the stupid confirming. Please Please fire the menu team. They have no idea how to design menus that compliment the rest of the game and they're annoying as hell.

Bottom line: all this adds up to a game that is just not terribly fun to play. It's not a horrible game but in both real cars and car racing games, the crucial make or break element is that intangible feeling of driving excitement. Racing is supposed to be edge of your seat type stuff, and this doesn't feel like it at all. It just feels mediocre. Glad I got this on sale but unless future Codemaster game reviews are overwhelmingly positive, this is likely my last purchase.
  8. Jul 9, 2014
    If you're PC gamer and you really love racing games, that's what you need to play. Long time we didn't see good racing games on PC (Forza on Xbox One and GT6 on PS3).
    So You have there several difficult modes and you can make your own difficult. So if you fresh one in racing games you can play on easy, but truly car on this difficult level feels like iron. For me, I prefer use Racing line and stuff from Medium difficulty. That's the way car feels the best for me.
    Graphics are good. Cockpit is back, but it is very bad: blur... And wtf with the mirrors? Where are they? Of course there are good mode in difficulty where you can off HUD and dive in world of racing because that radio guy is amazing.
    Sound of cars are really great, but this game hasn't soundtrack and when sometimes you want some fun with this game you didn' get it.
    But this game include several cool racing modes that is very good: Street racing, Formula C, Endurance leage, Touring leage, Drift challenges and others. And when you get hight level, game opens GRID races with best cars and cool tracks. Good motivation.
    Finally, It is good racing game, where car feels like a car. I thought to give it 6, but actually this is only one good racing game on PC for 2014 (even no NFS this year). No music, but I can just listen iPod while I'm playing. So I get it 7.
    I think this is the best game in GRID series (sorry, but I'm not played first one).
  9. Feb 2, 2015
    I loved Grid 2, which I bought a while before Grid Autosport came out.
    You had the thrill of gaining more fans and unlock more cars...
    Gameplay The gameplay is pretty sweet, cars respond nicely and look fabulous. It feels like you are seriously going fast and are really in a race. I don't like the AI, when you play an on an easy difficulty it is too easy. If you tune it up to a
    I loved Grid 2, which I bought a while before Grid Autosport came out.
    You had the thrill of gaining more fans and unlock more cars...

Gameplay
    The gameplay is pretty sweet, cars respond nicely and look fabulous.
    It feels like you are seriously going fast and are really in a race.

I don't like the AI, when you play an on an easy difficulty it is too easy. If you tune it up to a higher scale, you can get 2nd and are NEVER able to catch the No1. Because then the computer makes no mistakes.

The new system -where you can choose a racing discipline- is fun on one side, but on the other side it has completely locked down the versatility of the game.
    When you accept a racing discipline, you have to finish it before you can choose another (or cancel the one you have started).

Graphics
    Are nice, not exquisite but nice.
    You have the feeling you are racing fast, which is good.
    The circuits look good, the audience is there. Nothing missing, nothing too fancy.

Conclusion
    It's a game you sometimes play for fun, just to race.
    Because it isn't bad, but it could've been a hell of a lot better.
    So my score: 6/10.
  10. Feb 25, 2015
    It`s okay, I guess...A simcade title for old TOCA fans, so to speak. This game has so many nice things and equally many bad things it is hard to justify buying it. I guess I bought it because it was on sale and I was curious. So after 16 ingame career seasons I played this game for over 70 hours...wow.

I guess it is quite good. Not great but good, yeah. 7 out of 10, guys, minus one for extensive DLCs.

DRIVE MODEL/PHYSICS
    It`s fun. It can get hard at times, but a Simbin veteran will dislike it. While playing it you have to change your driving style which is quite different from sim-aspiring titles. So you get bad driving habits. Once you get aquainted with the DM, which takes about 3 hours, I guess it is fun to drive. The devs deserve to be commended for changing the rubbish GRiD2 DM, where you won by drifting. Here, you must drive in a technical, smooth manner or you lose. The drifting is very easy and fun. So a simracing fan can find some fun in this title and arcade racing fan will feel right at home.

TRACKS/CARS
    Very good selection. Openwheels, prototypes, supercars, V8 supercars, even hothatches are there. Every car has its own character, drives a bit different. The player feels if a car is a rear-drive. The over and understeer is there and it is noticeable.
    There are some tracks from GRiD and some internationals like Spa Francochamps. Sadly, no Nordschleife but what can you do. The highlights are A to B circuits which are unfortunately DLC.

SOUNDS/FX
    Head and shoulders above anything racing I`ve played to date. Just excellent, creates 70% of the good immersion. Thanks to the sounds, the cars are living beasts. Made me go on for much longer than I wanted to play this initially.

GRAPHICS
    There is damage model but very simplified. The textures are not up to today`s standards (yes I have the High Textures DLC). What can I say, the graphics do not hinder the racing experience too much and that is most of what can be said about it. Oh and the cockpits are hilarious...how can a pc developer create such a monstrosity is beyond me. The dashboards of all cars are blurry, no gauges work. If it wasn`t for the great sounds and good career, I`d quit this game after 10minutes.

CAREER/GAMEPLAY
    Good career. Lots of races, lots of different configurations but many get repeated. Surprisingly, the Grand Slam created incentive for me to keep playing, and I wanted to check out all the cars. At level 6 there`s not much left of that incentive though.
    The great part is that the player can change everything at any point in time. Be it graphics settings or difficulty or race duration, you name it, it is the player who chooses what and when to play. You can quit an race when you want, you can even quit an ongoing season to enter the next one.
    The AI is nothing special although it is similar to GRiD - the opponents do make mistakes sometimes. Often, at the start of a race, there are major crashes involving few cars. If you get to evade such a crash, you can win easily. So even if you are 2nd and have 10 seconds difference, you continue racing.

What really made my blood boil often is the penalty system. There are far too many instances when you cut the track and the game freezes you for a few seconds, even when your opponent crashes into you. This is very annoying especially at chicanes. A big bump on the road of my enjoyment with this game.
  11. Jan 4, 2015
    GRID Autosport features more cars, tracks, and modes than any Grid game to come before it. Unfortunately, all this diversity is absolutely ruined by the horribly boring career mode. The career mode breaks gameplay up into categories and requires one to race well over one hundred nearly identical races for each category to unlock the final events. Seriously, the one hundred races allGRID Autosport features more cars, tracks, and modes than any Grid game to come before it. Unfortunately, all this diversity is absolutely ruined by the horribly boring career mode. The career mode breaks gameplay up into categories and requires one to race well over one hundred nearly identical races for each category to unlock the final events. Seriously, the one hundred races all take place over just a handful of (3-5) tracks and a few (2-4) cars. As if this weren't enough of a grind, even a player that places first in every event they enter will be forced to start in the back of the pack 50-100% of the time. And although every single "season" is scored on team performance, there is no facility to choose your teammate beyond choosing between two subpar racing teams at the beginning of each season (better teams aren't unlocked until repeat playthroughs, as if the first one wasn't dragged out long enough).

If Grid's approach to single-player was to just layout available cars and tracks and say, "go to it!" then I would rate the game as an eight and name it the best racing game Codemasters has ever made. Unfortunately, the way the single-player content is spread so nauseatingly thin across a campaign whose length is already nauseatingly exaggerated.
  12. Feb 4, 2015
    I have played the game for approximately 60 hours and it is still a lot of fun. The tracks and cars look very well and the controls feel very real (I play it with a logitech momo wheel). I thinks it's cool that you can buy cars and upgrade and customize them. There is only one minus point and that is that I have a lot of lag. I have it sometimes when I play singleplayer and almost everyI have played the game for approximately 60 hours and it is still a lot of fun. The tracks and cars look very well and the controls feel very real (I play it with a logitech momo wheel). I thinks it's cool that you can buy cars and upgrade and customize them. There is only one minus point and that is that I have a lot of lag. I have it sometimes when I play singleplayer and almost every race when I play online. The game freezes for half a second a couple of times a lap. It really annoys when I play online because my lap times are always lower than when I drive without lag. Except that problem this game is good fun. Expand
  13. Feb 4, 2015
    On peut dire que c'est une suite de TOCA avec beaucoup de contenu, mode de jeu assez varié et nombre de circuit suffisant mais le point négatif du jeu est sans doute le choix des voitures médiocre et aucun mode de tunning pour changer la peinture etc.... puis la conduite est un peu imaginaire on dirait des camions parfois avec trop de patinage et un mode drift plus que douteux donc aOn peut dire que c'est une suite de TOCA avec beaucoup de contenu, mode de jeu assez varié et nombre de circuit suffisant mais le point négatif du jeu est sans doute le choix des voitures médiocre et aucun mode de tunning pour changer la peinture etc.... puis la conduite est un peu imaginaire on dirait des camions parfois avec trop de patinage et un mode drift plus que douteux donc a testé gratuitement mais je vous déconseille de l'acheter :) Expand
  14. Apr 22, 2015
    Its good racing game no doubt about that - good graphics, even not the best but satisfying, career mode took me over 50 hours to finish on medium difficulty and to be 1st on every championchip. Gameplay is fine - destruction of cars, collisions are taking effect on driving itself. Also many cars and classes and the best - really lot of different tracks is making this game really contentIts good racing game no doubt about that - good graphics, even not the best but satisfying, career mode took me over 50 hours to finish on medium difficulty and to be 1st on every championchip. Gameplay is fine - destruction of cars, collisions are taking effect on driving itself. Also many cars and classes and the best - really lot of different tracks is making this game really content filled. Sadly there are some flaws that I cant simply walk over like career mode is long but has nothing special to offer, progress is not unlocking anything but only new championchips and EX gaining feels pointless and not satisfiing enough. Also sounds of cars doesn't feel always real and camera in cockpit is really bad and ugly done. Its really shame that multiplayer is so empty, because progression in it looks more fun than in career mode. But GRID like a whole game feels good, sense of speed and various racing styles will hold you in this game for a while... Expand
  15. Aug 3, 2015
    The first GRID: An excellent game.
    The second GRID: Possibly one of the worst games ever produced by Codemasters.
    GRID Autosport: It's an immense step up from GRID 2, even though that doesn't really mean much. They've gotten the handling nearly back to where it was in the first GRID. They've really tried to get it back to that feeling that the first GRID gave you. They failed. The
    The first GRID: An excellent game.
    The second GRID: Possibly one of the worst games ever produced by Codemasters.
    GRID Autosport:
    They failed.
    The music is uninspired, they still haven't put the Le Mans race back in again. They said they listened to the fans, but they really didn't.
    It's a good game though, and there's a lot of fun to be had. Especially online. But it seems Codemasters have lost touch with what makes a good racing game since after the first GRID.
    Rest in peace Race Driver series.
  16. Mar 1, 2022
    Игра очень затянута для 100%. сами гонки, добивание очков переигрывание - очень долго, затянуто, и не слишком интересно. Разнообразия мало.
    графика как во 2 части.
    Итог: 5.455/10 хуже первой части - печально.
  17. Apr 16, 2018
    +graphics
    +funny driving model (mix of simulation and arcade)
    +very good drifting -absolutely boring campaign -weak car choice -you cant drive for your own team -small number of tracks -cockpit view is a shame -very weak car adjustment I played only single player and I have to say that it is an absolute shame. I am very disappointed because the first grid was great. I don't
    +graphics
    +funny driving model (mix of simulation and arcade)
    +very good drifting
    -absolutely boring campaign
    -weak car choice
    -you cant drive for your own team
    -small number of tracks
    -cockpit view is a shame
    -very weak car adjustment

I played only single player and I have to say that it is an absolute shame. I am very disappointed because the first grid was great. I don't recommend this game.
  18. Apr 5, 2021
    I completely didn't get the feel of this game, unlike the previous installments.
  19. Sep 28, 2019
    Way better than GRID. Vibration/feedback is better, using a g27 wheel. More options/customization. Rewind is much longer, and you can set it to unlimited rewinds. Car handling is better and feels more realistic.

Replay/rewind/flashback mechanism is different but fine when it works, but frequently doesn't work. Possibly a fix is pressing break/reverse before hitting the flashback button.

I agree the cockpit view is bad. The hood view seems the best.

It kind of feels boring as there's not much to it. That might be magnified if it's your main/only game. It's quite long and provides lots of hours of play time.

I've never drifted in real life, but the drifting seems unrealistic; overly sensitive. Maybe it's a wet track or something, but they should tell you that. EDIT: yeah it was likely a wet track. Later in the game there's a dry one that feels good/normal.
  20. Jan 31, 2020
    GRID 1: Perfect. GRID 2: Trying too hard. GRID Autosport? Not trying hard enough. As much as I like how they’ve shifted the physics more towards the simulation end of the spectrum, it otherwise feels exactly the same as GRID 2 but with absolutely zero soul. There’s no character, no fanfare to anything, it’s just a case of “Do this race. Ok you suck, now do this race.” There’s a naggingGRID 1: Perfect. GRID 2: Trying too hard. GRID Autosport? Not trying hard enough. As much as I like how they’ve shifted the physics more towards the simulation end of the spectrum, it otherwise feels exactly the same as GRID 2 but with absolutely zero soul. There’s no character, no fanfare to anything, it’s just a case of “Do this race. Ok you suck, now do this race.” There’s a nagging sense of lifelessness about this game. It’s a very highly polished game with plenty of style, but when it just feels like GRID 2 with a bodge-job Physics Patch and a very minor graphical upgrade, that’s when I have to put my foot down. Robbing it of all its soul however is the last straw, and the grindy, repetitive career mode will gradually sap your will to continue playing. Just buy GRID 2 or the original and play that instead, because at least they have character Expand
  21. Apr 7, 2022
    First, Codemasters Missing the crucial ingredient is Le Mans 24H Race track and it's all layout, plus missing out the team creation for offline race. Sometimes, the game is buggy such as AI didn't disqualify from the race when it's make a foul start, win race, but the game doesn't accept the result. There is no option for the simulation mode. But the rest are very impressive.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 35 Critic Reviews

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Sep 3, 2014
    The latest GRID entry delivers decent and semi-realistic racing, but the game seems to suffer from lack of all-important polish. Monotonic career mode, blurred cockpits and pretty narrow race options (no rain?) are the biggest issues for me. [Aug 2014]
  2. CD-Action
    Aug 25, 2014
    Autosport tries hard to bring back the glory of the first GRID (e.g. the cockpit cam returns) but the career mode was designed horribly, the game engine is aging and the whole thing lacks a spark. [08/2014, p.66]
  3. Aug 6, 2014
    A pretty fun racing title, but in the pursuit of addressing every bit of feedback after Grid 2, Codemasters hasn't delivered the most cohesive experience. You still need to endure some of the disciplines that you may not like in order to progress through the career, and the two cockpit cameras feel more like a fan-made mod than something devised by the developer itself. Throw in the erratic AI and you might get annoyed quite a few times while playing Autosport.