7.2

1. Jun 13, 2021
    It is a good combination of deck building and rpg games. Sal is the easiest character, so make sense to make her the first chapter of the game. Rook is probably the most difficult charater.
  2. Aug 9, 2021
    Griftlands is a great deckbuilder with an interesting setting, entertaining story, and innovative way of handling the "combat vs social encounter" dilemma most RPG fans find themselves in. For those people who enjoy "Slay the Spire" but are looking for more plot in their games.
  3. Jun 12, 2021
    Even though the main plot is the same, every run is a new adventure and not only a chance to tackle the same enemies in different ways. The card battles are nuanced, the replayability almost endless and both story and style is well made.
  4. Aug 9, 2021
    Best deck building game I played so far !
    The replayability is there. There is only 3 characters/stories but I keep cycling through them and its really enjoyable
  5. Jun 15, 2021
    This one and Trial of Fire are the best deck builder roguelike games I ever played...
  6. Jun 19, 2021
    A seriously complex and interesting game. Each playthrough takes between 2-4 hours (depending on how much side content you decide to do), and each of the 3 characters has easily 2-3 playthroughs worth of differentiated storyline to choose from. The game is well written and fun to play once you get the hang of it.

Theres a fairly steep learning curve; I don't think I would recommend the

Theres a fairly steep learning curve; I don't think I would recommend the game for someone who hadn't played something more simplistic like Slay The Spire (not that the games are that similar, but if this is your first deck builder you may find yourself a bit lost early on).
  7. Jul 31, 2021
    Fantastic narrative driven deckbuilder RPG with roguelike elements. Very smoothe and polished. Great art and character design. Very good writing. Love this game!
  8. Aug 8, 2021
    Awesome unique card builder with heaps of character development. I'm not a fan of card builders but I love this game.
  9. Aug 9, 2021
    very good deckbuilder roguelite with just enough intriguing gameplay to make you feel you playing one more run. Story had trouble with pacing but not requiring understanding to advance. Can try out different builds each equally viable with each run
  10. Aug 19, 2021
    This game is amazing! I recently discovered it through a friend and I've been playing it almost everyday since. I've put so much time into Slay the Spire (StS) which is a giveaway for how much I love Rogue-like deckbuilding games and this one is exactly that, but then times two, because you are actually building 2 decks in this game. Different, or lets say more than in StS, you really getThis game is amazing! I recently discovered it through a friend and I've been playing it almost everyday since. I've put so much time into Slay the Spire (StS) which is a giveaway for how much I love Rogue-like deckbuilding games and this one is exactly that, but then times two, because you are actually building 2 decks in this game. Different, or lets say more than in StS, you really get the feeling that you take your character through a story in this game, which makes winning or losing that much better or worse in my opinion, because you've actually spend way more time on a run. I would definitely recommend to check this one out! Expand
  11. Jun 7, 2021
    One of the best, maybe even THE best, deck building game I have ever played. Basic cards and mechanics are very similar to Slay the Spire, but there is a lot of originality in gameplay (i.e. two separate decks build at once instead of just one) and card abilities/synergies. Aside of that graphics are gorgeous (if you are familiar with Klei's art style you will feel like home here, itOne of the best, maybe even THE best, deck building game I have ever played. Basic cards and mechanics are very similar to Slay the Spire, but there is a lot of originality in gameplay (i.e. two separate decks build at once instead of just one) and card abilities/synergies. Aside of that graphics are gorgeous (if you are familiar with Klei's art style you will feel like home here, it especially resembles comic-like feel of Invisible Inc.), story is very good (as for card game, of course) and whole game is so addictive - OH MY GOD! Must play if you fancy deck builders and/or other Klei's game. If none of the above - feel free to subtract 2 points from my score. Either way - very good game! Expand
  12. Aug 31, 2021
    My biggest problem is that it's not clear what all cards do. For someone new to this kind of game I was utterly lost and just lost any motivation to keep playing when a lot of things aren't explained.
  13. Aug 7, 2021
    Not impressive... another deck builder game.
    Maybe the visual can be some highlight
  14. Jun 6, 2022
    Russian nazi language is there, but no Ukrainian. 0 from me. I'm so tired of this...
  15. Jun 10, 2021
    I'm not a deck building fan, however Slay the Spire was somewhat fun and this game feels like a confusing mediocrity.
  16. Jul 3, 2021
    A good deck builder needs good variety. This is where Griftlands falls short, core gameplay is simply unsatisfying long term and gets stale too quickly. Slay the Spire or Monster Train are much more engaging in this element. The main thing Griftlands does get right is the story elements. The heists are and jobs are rather engaging and there is some variety that makes you want to do atA good deck builder needs good variety. This is where Griftlands falls short, core gameplay is simply unsatisfying long term and gets stale too quickly. Slay the Spire or Monster Train are much more engaging in this element. The main thing Griftlands does get right is the story elements. The heists are and jobs are rather engaging and there is some variety that makes you want to do at least one more run. But once I had the perfect genocide and pacifist runs, I lost all interest in rerunning the game. Expand
  17. May 27, 2022
    Appalling experience and very overrated game defines Griftlands for me. The stories are rather uninspiring, short to enjoy them and too long for the type of gameplay. The game is repetitive and very slow.

The cards offer no enjoyable synergies nor mechanics, poorly explained and unnecessarily complicated. All classes do pretty much the same things just cards are reworded. Negotiation

Negotiation battles are original but don´t add that much value to the overall experience and it´s hard to fully understand what is going on. These just drag the gameplay.

Variety of monsters and graphics are about right. Unfortunately, this game looks good but all the mechanics feel very bland, it lacks depth.
  18. Jan 10, 2022
    Dumb players give low votes because they can't understand the rules of the game.
    As if one could blame chess because he isn't able to play properly... this is silly
    As in pure Klei tradition (Don't Starve & Oxygen not included) this game Griftland is a shining gem. Even if I am not a fan of deck games, this one was able to entrap me within its innovative and deep mechanics The part

The part of negotiaion is completely refreshing for me and the flavour of the game is really nice, as the story background, very nice. I also love the graphics, but this is of secondary importance.

Recommended!
  19. Jun 12, 2022
    Phenomenal art style and world building combined with great deckbuilding and roguelight mechanics. Here is hoping for future DLC

Generally favorable reviews - based on 8 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Sep 1, 2021
    Griftlands’ middling, insubstantial story and dull dialogues draw attention away from the game’s undeniable strengths: excellent negotiation mechanics and a pretty good combat system. [09/2021, p.42]
  2. Edge Magazine
    Jul 16, 2021
    Absorbing. [Issue#361, p.112]
    I really like how the deck-building mechanics reflect the dispositions of the different characters. You can see this in both combat and negotiation; Sal is pretty strong all around, which makes them a good choice for your first couple of runs. Rook flips a coin every now and then during negotiation that can produce a powerful boost. Smith builds up a stockpile of empty bottles while in combat which they sometimes hurl at their opponents. The result is a wonderful sense of ludonarrative consonance.