- Summary: Head back to the Mexiverse in this sequel to Guacamelee! Uppercut your way to victory across stunning new hand-crafted levels. Featuring full 4-player co-op, fancy new wrestling moves, sassy new bosses, twice the enemies, and 300% more chickens.
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Check Out PS4 Multiplayer Gameplay Of Guacamelee 2
Aug 29, 2018Fans of the first title will be thrilled that there’s more Guacamelee in the world, and there’s new mechanics and challenges to play with. New players should go back and experience the first Guacamelee and enjoy that, but there’s definitely enough backstory and tutorial in Guacamelee 2 to make any player comfortable with playing. With the only downside being that this may be one of the harder platforming experiences in recent years and therefore not for everyone, Guacamelee 2 stands out as one of the finest, and funniest titles of 2018. Don’t let this one skip by.
Aug 24, 2018Bigger, better and with more chickens. Guacamelee! 2 is an especially enjoyable metroidvania. Its sense of humor is extremely clever, helping us to keep a constant grin on our face from beginning to end. Moreover, the platforming elements are even more varied providing hard but fair challenges that always bring something new to the table until the end of the adventure.
Aug 24, 2018Guacamelee! 2 takes the superb formula of Guacamelee!, kicks it into high gear, and multiplies the general number of chickens by ten. It stays amorously true to the first entry by proffering more opportunities for satisfying Rooster Uppercuts than ever before, and ratchets up the difficulty of its platforming sections to keep pace. Guacamelee! 2 is the truly worthy and hysterical follow-up to the (rightfully) much-loved original Guacamelee!
Aug 21, 2018Juan's second adventure is good enough to stand out in a market of strong contenders. It leans on the harder side of the genre, but it's not vindictive in its difficulty. And the art style and tone go a long way towards endearing you to the game and its world. Much like the first, Guacamelee 2 can stand in the winner's circle with pride.
CD-ActionJan 9, 2019The developers decided not to tamper with core gameplay and most of the additions they introduced feel forced and water down the experience instead of enhancing it. It’s a solid platformer but it failed to surpass the original Guacamelee! [11/2018, p.84]
Jul 18, 2020Великолепное продолжение отличной игры! Яркие краски и юмор! Управление приятное и отзывчивое. Сюжет ведёт сквозь всю игру, не даваяВеликолепное продолжение отличной игры! Яркие краски и юмор! Управление приятное и отзывчивое. Сюжет ведёт сквозь всю игру, не давая отвлекаться.… Expand
Jul 16, 2019So hard not to compare to the first game, which was a masterpiece. This one is really just more of the same with some refinements and newSo hard not to compare to the first game, which was a masterpiece. This one is really just more of the same with some refinements and new mechanics, and I was totally ok with that. It's fun. Same great music and art style, addictive combat, painful difficulty spikes, and cheesy story.… Expand
Jul 25, 2020Guacamelee 2 was way harder than the first one. The platforming in this one is very difficult and reminds me of Super Meat Boy, Celeste, orGuacamelee 2 was way harder than the first one. The platforming in this one is very difficult and reminds me of Super Meat Boy, Celeste, or those Super Smash Bros challenge levels. On many of the harder areas, you need near frame-perfect accuracy and will probably try them over and over again.
G2 is a great action platformer, but it is a terrible Metroidvania. It's way too linear and directs you through a single tunnel for 95% of the game. It has very little backtracking and doesn't encourage map exploration. Sure, there are the insanely-difficult Chicken Key areas, but there's nothing else that requires going out of the way of the main story.
Overall, the platforming is really fun, and I enjoyed it almost as much as The Messenger.… Expand
Aug 8, 2020A really good game that is easy to recommend to anyone, The only downside for me is how easy it is and the disappointing boss fights on theA really good game that is easy to recommend to anyone, The only downside for me is how easy it is and the disappointing boss fights on the difficulty side, not the ideas tho.… Expand
Aug 27, 2018A solid (and sometimes standout) game but it's nowhere near as good as the first.
Guacamelee is one of my favourite metroidvania/2D gamesA solid (and sometimes standout) game but it's nowhere near as good as the first.
Guacamelee is one of my favourite metroidvania/2D games ever along with Hollow Knight. I completed it to 100% along with its DLCs on my PS Vita. Unfortunately, while Guacamelee 2 can be fun a lot of times, overall it feels like a step back compared to its amazing predecessor in multiple ways. It's weaker but not just because of that, but because it also fails to improve and fix some of the first game's problems after 5 years.
* The new additions to the gameplay are all good. Powers, such as the Pollo Shot or the Eagle Hook are welcome additions that help the game to feel fresh even after a long period of time. The skill system was a great idea as well, the different skills manage to add another layer of depth to the combat.
* I loved how the game handled some of its secrets, how great the Easter Eggs were, how self-reflective the game was. I liked when the game basically broke the fourth wall and I liked when it criticised modern gaming practices in a smart way. There are tons of cool hidden details overall in the game. I also loved many of the funny dialogues too.
* I had a lot of fun with the game when it worked. When the difficulty was just right - both in combat and platforming - and I was able to steadily progress forward. In these cases, Gucamelee 2 truly shined and got close to the quality level of the first.
* For the most part, the audiovisual design is very good here as well, similarly to the first title. The areas feel fairly distinct and the soundtrack manages to enhance the atmosphere of the game.
* The campaign takes 14 hours to complete to 100%.
* The game's pacing is way worse than the first one's. Mainly how it handles the introduction of new and old abilities, how frequently it ups and how it changes the difficulty of platforming sections, or how much it relies on backtracking.
* The levels are more complex than in the first game, yet I feel that I have a smaller sense of discovery, maybe because this game doesn't rely as much on backtracking. I was able to pick most of the collectibles up without going back to previous places after I unlocked new abilities.
* It's illogical that I can only fast travel to talking stones and not to checkpoints (that are marked with a skull on the map). This is just an unnecessary barrier that makes exploring even harder and more tedious, it just serves as an artificial game time-extender. You need to spend a lot of time in order to get to a previously inaccessible hidden chest.
* The difficulty curve just isn't right. While I was able to complete the game to 100%, I almost always felt that the game was harder than it should be, mainly when it came to its platforming sections. Maybe because of that, the game a lot of times felt more frustrating and boring than fun. For example, the game throw complex platforming parts at me after 30 minutes of playing that I only saw in the first game after 10 hours of gameplay. There are a lot of platforming sections that simply feel bad and unbalanced - the best example is The Crucible that you have to beat in order to get the good ending, but before that, you also need to get 5 Special Keys to open The Crucible and those keys are tied to some annoying trials.
* To add to the previous point, a lot of sections feel badly designed because of the controls. These have some problems. In the first game, it was possible to stick to a wall by holding Y/Triangle. This way it was easier to jump up between two horizontal walls. In the second game, you need to hold the stick to the wall's direction in order to stay on it. It can be very problematic and confusing when you need to continuously jump up in a weird rhythm and avoid undodgeable traps. It can also be a big problem when you need to do things fast because this either slows you down or somehow makes it so the game won't detect your next input (a good example is one of the Special Key challenges in which you need to kill the bombers before they explode). The chicken controls aren't the best either, because the chicken is extremely sensitive/overly responsive. This problem really becomes obvious when you need to fly with the chicken between those green spikes in tight spaces.
* While Guacamelee 2 has some interesting additions, it still doesn't really feel like a proper sequel. In roughly the first third of it, I was extremely bored - it just felt like a rehash of Guacamelee and overall a worse game. Everything I've seen there basically was already done and/or done better in Guacamelee previously - including different game mechanics, music, etc. After that, the game opens up and gets more interesting, but it never manages to fully capture the magic of the original.
* Sometimes it was hard to locate my character on the screen in combat-heavy scenarios, but this is a minor complaint compared to the other ones.
Rating: 8/10 - Solid Game… Expand
Sep 30, 2019A fun time, no voice acting or any good story , characters are forgettable and the main villain is a bit of a let down, but the way you gainA fun time, no voice acting or any good story , characters are forgettable and the main villain is a bit of a let down, but the way you gain new mechanics throught kept me engaged enough to finish it, combat seems very basic at first but gradually gets more fleshed out and a lot more fun, overall an ok game with good gameplay… Expand
Jul 19, 2020ı dont like itı dont like itı dont like itı dont like itı dont like itı dont like itı dont like itı dont like itı dont like itı dont like itıı dont like itı dont like itı dont like itı dont like itı dont like itı dont like itı dont like itı dont like itı dont like itı dont like itı dont like itı dont like it… Expand