• Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Release Date: Aug 28, 2007
8.5

1. JesperM.
    Sep 7, 2007
    Marion S - what do you mean one day and it's done?? There's LOADS of content in here. It's right that there's not a lot of PvP. but if you like the PvE (like I do) there is some seriously sweet stuff here. Better than ever in my opinion. One day - did you only play the sneak peek weekend or what??
  2. NickB.
    Sep 10, 2007
    Guild Wars remains my favorite bang for the buck among PC CRPGs and still a better investment than other MMOs that drag out the experience unbearably to suck your wallet dry. Not sure about the claim that this game can be finished in a day; I played for three days straight and amd still nowhere near completing all the possibilities. Aside from a few minor bugs so far, the new content, Guild Wars remains my favorite bang for the buck among PC CRPGs and still a better investment than other MMOs that drag out the experience unbearably to suck your wallet dry. Not sure about the claim that this game can be finished in a day; I played for three days straight and amd still nowhere near completing all the possibilities. Aside from a few minor bugs so far, the new content, levels, PvE quests (I don't do much pvp), heroes and skills are a blast. I'll be getting a lot of mileage out of this one, just like the other campaigns. Expand
  3. Feb 19, 2012
    Great finale for an amazing game, this expansion pack is a great addition to an amazing game, it helps bridge the gap to Guild Wars 2 with the addition of the Halls of Monuments.
  4. MarionS.
    Sep 4, 2007
    The bad: Boring pve quests, same sounds, mostly same monsters with new skins. Not enough new PVP stuff. No additional player characters, no additionnal character sluts. Skills mostly for pve. Fake metamorphose of payer character looks like unfinished job. No more inventory slots too. Too short (one day and it is done). Interresting stuff: pve tournament with Boss (hero) mini game to test The bad: Boring pve quests, same sounds, mostly same monsters with new skins. Not enough new PVP stuff. No additional player characters, no additionnal character sluts. Skills mostly for pve. Fake metamorphose of payer character looks like unfinished job. No more inventory slots too. Too short (one day and it is done). Interresting stuff: pve tournament with Boss (hero) mini game to test your built and win factions and prices. New very cool armors. Pve skills are interresting but not usable in PVP. The 2 new computer controlled races. This expansion don't worth more than 15$ and cost 35$+. Expand
    Sep 4, 2007
    New missions, quests, and a new map make up for the few faults that I have unearthed in this first ever expansion for Guild Wars franchise. There was one map, in fact a dungeon that was poorly laid out. Half way through the second Level if you are to die it moves you all the way to the beginning of the map instead of the more logical resurrection shrine because the map loops around. Other New missions, quests, and a new map make up for the few faults that I have unearthed in this first ever expansion for Guild Wars franchise. There was one map, in fact a dungeon that was poorly laid out. Half way through the second Level if you are to die it moves you all the way to the beginning of the map instead of the more logical resurrection shrine because the map loops around. Other than little things like this it is an excellent addition to the GW Game. Expand
  6. JonT.
    Sep 6, 2007
    PROS: + Giant Dungeons + Smarter enemies + Beautiful graphical improvements + Cool armor, including sunglasses and ice gauntlets + Fun 1v1 minigames like Boxing CONS: - More grind - No new elite skills or PVP - Not geared towards healing classes
  7. KevinL.
    Sep 8, 2007
    Giving it a 9 because I enjoyed the additional pve experience added and the new heros. The new skills, especially the pve only ones are fun and make trying new builds a blast. My only wish is that it was a bigger addition.
  8. JoeL.
    Sep 9, 2007
    Great expansion pack, the addition of dungeons is great, more title tracks, some pretty fun mini games, no need to level up cause you have to have a lvl 20 to use it, more awesome armour and a link to GW:2.
  9. Mar 5, 2014
    Extension as good as the core ones (Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall). New heroes. Fight against Great Destroyer. Addition of Dungeons. Connection to Guild Wars 2.

Game play : 7/10, graphics : 6,5/10, back ground : 7/10, lifetime : 5/10, sound : 8/10, community : 8/10, world : 4/10
  10. May 26, 2014
    A solid end for the first GW. EoTN builds on the good parts of Nightfall and sets the story up for GW2. On top of that they add enough new content, including your own personalized hall, to keep you playing.

1. With its challenging dungeons and fun side-missions, Eye of the North comes just in time for those burnt out on Guild Wars' current PvP and PvE scene.
  2. Although Prophecies players will benefit the most from playing the expansion, plenty of challenges await other gamers, including deep multilevel Dungeons providing near Master Quest level difficulties.
  3. Offering new items, skills and other general stuff for level 20 Guild Wars players certainly justifies the lessened price tag, but I'm not sure that the overall quality of the adventures here can really be said to make this one of the more interesting outings into the Guild Wars universe. They're just not interesting enough.