7.8

1. JeremyC.
    Mar 18, 2007
    I beat this game from start to finish in 8 hours and it wasn't hard to do that at all (ie: I wasn't rushing or "powergaming" in the least bit). Everything about the game is perfect, except for the 8 hour length that makes you feel extremely aggravated once you beat it after 8 hours. Why bother installing GUN when you will have 8 hours of a great time and then after that it will I beat this game from start to finish in 8 hours and it wasn't hard to do that at all (ie: I wasn't rushing or "powergaming" in the least bit). Everything about the game is perfect, except for the 8 hour length that makes you feel extremely aggravated once you beat it after 8 hours. Why bother installing GUN when you will have 8 hours of a great time and then after that it will forever be collecting dust as a dead game on your shelf that you never touch again for the rest of your life? Not playing this game saves you the aggravation of experiencing a lot of fun in a game that should literally have been 10x longer than what it is. And very soon ends up leaving you feeling empty and frustrated because you want more, but you are stuck with the sad reality that it's over forever on the first day you installed it and there never will be more than that to the game GUN. Expand
  2. DennisH.
    Sep 14, 2006
    Although very amusing to play, the replay value of this game is quite low. Once everything is completed, there is nothing much left for second time around. After installation and a few hours of Wild West fun, it was removed again.
  3. Loser
    Nov 22, 2005
    This game is very good.Very long time I search some good western 3d action game.This game is awesome.
  4. NickH.
    Dec 26, 2005
    GUN can be summed up in two words: Immensely Underrated
  5. MattB.
    Jan 23, 2006
    Wicked western fun!! The excitement of a jumping on your horse and galloping through canyons and blasting away with a six shooter or rifle is superbly captured. It feels like you are partaking in an excellent western and almost every element of living in the Wild West has been included. It definitely deserves a bonus point for originality, which is why it scores a 10. A must play!! (Have Wicked western fun!! The excitement of a jumping on your horse and galloping through canyons and blasting away with a six shooter or rifle is superbly captured. It feels like you are partaking in an excellent western and almost every element of living in the Wild West has been included. It definitely deserves a bonus point for originality, which is why it scores a 10. A must play!! (Have game critics/reviewers really become so obssessed with pushing the boundaries that they have forgotten about fun? In that case leave the reviews to the players.) Expand
  6. Kyle
    May 7, 2006
    a little short for my liking but other than that i thought it was a good game.
  7. EricTremblay
    Dec 6, 2006
    I love the game play and the story. This game make me fun all long. It's in my favorite.
  8. SethL.
    Jan 2, 2007
    This game is amazing I would recommend this game to any one who likes the free-romming game play of Grand Theft Auto.
  9. ErikS.
    Feb 15, 2007
    A great game, fun to play, especially w/ the Quickdraw and Horseback combat features, though there are some terrible parts (like the final boss). My suggestion is to play the entire game, but stop once you get to an invincible man.
  10. Aug 20, 2011
    Very nice western-action game. Good graphics for a six years old game. Few bugs, but game play is brilliant. Maybe too easy in easier difficulties ...
  11. BobD.
    Aug 24, 2006
    It is spectacularly motivating and certainly very addicting. Gun is one of the best quality games I have played in my entire lifetime. The storyline is very intriuging, excting to follow, but mostly extremely intense. My one complaint is of the shortness of the main campaign. I think the designers of Gun, should put a second game out with more explosive missions and fascinating free-roam maps.
  12. MikaM.
    Oct 15, 2006
    Gun features the ideas, and the gameplay that we'd all love to see, but, fails to follow up. A map editor, or an SDK to make mods would be a great addition, but, the game just doesn't deliver what it could have.
  13. PaoloP.
    Sep 23, 2007
    When considering games set in the wild west my imagination soars at the possibilities. After having played Gun, it crashes and burns. Entirely too linear, graphically unappealing, forgettable characters, and frankly, a very lame story. The Quick and the Dead would have made a better adaptation.
  14. AndyW.
    Oct 20, 2006
    This game is very bland and feels old it really isn't worth the money and its a shame as the game idea itself is good its just horrible to play and if you like this sort of look from behind ur character game play the GTA games.
  15. Jan 15, 2013
    Not a bad little game, just don't expect too much from it. Graphics are pretty bland and the story for the most part is fairly forgettable. I found the side quests slightly annoying and frustrating so didn't do many of them. However for a few hours cheap and fun entertainment it's worth it and let's face it this is a very under represented genre of the gaming industry. Go in with fewNot a bad little game, just don't expect too much from it. Graphics are pretty bland and the story for the most part is fairly forgettable. I found the side quests slightly annoying and frustrating so didn't do many of them. However for a few hours cheap and fun entertainment it's worth it and let's face it this is a very under represented genre of the gaming industry. Go in with few expectations but worth a play if you can get it for $5 or less. Expand
  16. Jul 6, 2016
    I'm pretty happy with GUN. It was a good game with a pretty interesting plot, fascinating gameplay part, etc. For those who are Western fans this game is kinda gift so I really recommend it. You will not regret.
  17. JoshuaE.
    Jul 25, 2007
    It is like Grand Theft Auto but in the wild west. The story line is short but the side missions make the game better.
  18. May 3, 2014
    The only game on steam that could remind me the amazing Red Dead Redemption. The graphics is really old but the game has a nice story and a good game-play, i'm enjoying it.
  19. Jun 28, 2014
    A pretty good game. Has a really nice story but it was pretty easy to complete. I completed the story 2 times already and I am planning on it playing it again. The most important I thing I like about this game is the Quickdraw. A.I Enemies are quick weak to be honest. If you are a fan of the Wild West, you must seriously play this game as this can provide lots of hours of entertainment ^_^
  20. Dec 9, 2014
    Gameplay and mechanics are very impressive for a game now almost ten years old. The age is noticeable, but still playable and fun even today. Side missions were handled flawlessly. Impressive leveling and upgrade system for its time. However, the story is lacking and simply checks the list of every Cowboy/Western stereotype imaginable.
  21. Jan 23, 2015
    I didn't play this game until 2014, almost an entire decade since it was initially released, but it's still one of my favorite gaming experiences in a long time, which was kind of surprising as when I first began my journey into 'GUN' I thought I'd play for maybe three or four hours tops. I mean, nothing about this game looks special at all. The graphics are dated, the voice acting isn'tI didn't play this game until 2014, almost an entire decade since it was initially released, but it's still one of my favorite gaming experiences in a long time, which was kind of surprising as when I first began my journey into 'GUN' I thought I'd play for maybe three or four hours tops. I mean, nothing about this game looks special at all. The graphics are dated, the voice acting isn't great, and it looks rather generic by today's standards in almost every way possible.

It's safe to say that when I first picked this game up on sale, that I didn't expect more than 'Grand Theft Auto' on horseback. In fact, the biggest appeal of this game to me was the chance to do some good ole fashioned horseback riding; something I hadn't done since 'Ocarina of Time'. I never thought that I'd be so swept up into the dirty world of the wild wild west and the stories it had to tell me, but I was. From saving harlots, to chasing gangs down on horseback, to killing entire tribes of Indians in one fell swoop, this game includes every cliche you could possibly think about the wild west and I ain't complaining.

Aside from the tight controls, camera angels, and helpless harlots though, this game is just down right fun. And even though it's hard not to compare it to 'Grand Theft Auto' I never found myself thinking I was playing some cheap clone just in a different setting. And did I mention there were harlots?
  22. Nov 15, 2015
    This game is FUN. & that's the most important thing. Somewhat underrated too. Yes the visuals were never great, story a tad short, but it's forgivable because of a great story, good characters, and it's way more addictive than it should have been. If your the type to blitz thru games to see how quick you can beat them (lol) you will miss the point of hidden gems like this. Thumbs up:)
  23. Dec 29, 2015
    I find Gun generally fun and undoubtedly worth to play. I always liked free roaming games but I never expected a 2005 title to cut it this well, although I find the RPG elements somewhat very limited, which is one of the game's lack considering it's an open world game. But nonetheless, Gun deserves the green and I know many think so to.
  24. Jun 4, 2016
    This game is just absolutely awesome. The whole idea is just great, the story is great and the gameplay is awesome. It is very addicting game. I personally recommend this game.
  25. Dec 19, 2017
    This game inspired the likes of Red Dead Redemption, Watch Dogs, and other fantastic Open World Games. Sure, the story's not great, but it still holds up to this day. One of the last games Neversoft released, I think they went out in style.
  26. Feb 7, 2018
    One of the best western games for PC. The story was pretty short, but it compensates by the fact that it wasn't repetitive at all, and it had pretty good plot, that was engaging until the end. Graphics aged very well, even for today's standards, and the animations look great as well. Some characters lacked depth, which was a downer for me, also the AI was very easy and dumb at times, butOne of the best western games for PC. The story was pretty short, but it compensates by the fact that it wasn't repetitive at all, and it had pretty good plot, that was engaging until the end. Graphics aged very well, even for today's standards, and the animations look great as well. Some characters lacked depth, which was a downer for me, also the AI was very easy and dumb at times, but in some instances it also gives you a good challenge, but those time are just to rare. Game-play was decent enough taking in to perspective that it was an all platforms game, it has a aim assistant, which came in handy but also made the game way too easy. There are a lot of side quests and other content to sink you teeth in to, but you get bored by those pretty quickly as most if them are very repetitive. Overall this was a solid game, very well developed but lacking length. This a solid western adventure game if you are a PC player, it's worth a play through. Expand
  27. Jan 13, 2019
    Игра интересна. В ней интересный сюжет, сюжетный поворот для меня был неожиданным. Сеттинг игры ну очень интересный. Много оружия. Есть единственный минус это быстрая камера и в узких прохода при беге на лошади ты упрешся в стену из-за камеры- это частично лечиться настройками.Игра интересна. В ней интересный сюжет, сюжетный поворот для меня был неожиданным. Сеттинг игры ну очень интересный. Много оружия. Есть единственный минус это быстрая камера и в узких прохода при беге на лошади ты упрешся в стену из-за камеры- это частично лечиться настройками.
  28. Jan 16, 2019
    The game offers the possibility of a great correction and the possibility of fighting from different weapons and a wonderful story, but the lack of side effects and a lot of technical errors, but a remarkable experience and wonderful experience of the game open world of Playstation 2 and the impact it is somewhat similar to the game Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
  29. Nov 5, 2019
    The first cowboy game i played. Have lot of fond memories of my childhood, it was the red dead redemption of that era.
  30. Aug 9, 2020
    ВОЗМОЖНО, Я ЕЩЁ СМОГУ УМЕРЕТЬ БЕЗ САПОГОВ

Игра GUN - вестерн. Причём, довольно успешный. По этому серия канула в лету не из-за плохих продаж, а от глупости руководства издателя. Один из тех, кто работал над игрой, позже признался, что Rockstar Games вовремя подоспели со своей Red Dead Redemption и заняли нишу, которую планировали оккупировать Neversoft. Успех кроется в том, что нам
    ВОЗМОЖНО, Я ЕЩЁ СМОГУ УМЕРЕТЬ БЕЗ САПОГОВ

Успех кроется в том, что нам предоставили боевик про дикий запад, с приземлённым сюжетом, в котором есть добрый главный герой Колтон Вайт и гнусные злодеи. Всё это приправили достоверной атмосферой тех времён с салунами, длинными конными путешествиями, золотой лихорадкой и перестрелками между отмороженными бандитами.

Раз разговор зашёл о перестрелках, то стоит поговорить и о них. В принципе, как и самом игровом процессе, ведь перестрелки это основная часть игры. Нам доступны револьверы и винтовки, плюс несколько особых видов вооружения. Это поможет расправляться с толпами отморозков, которые так норовят повздорить с Колтоном или грубо повести себя с дамой. Если бандит застал врасплох, можно порезать его с помощью ножа или топорика. После боя необходимо сделать пару глотков хорошего виски, дабы подлечиться.

Игра правильно распоряжается временем. Сюжет развивается стремительно и быстро, но его приземлённость позволяет достаточно для понимания раскрыть персонажей. И из-за этого же не надоедает вечная стрельба. В конце-концов, цель не перестрелять всех. Всё зависит от задания. Выиграть лошадиную скачку, защитить территорию или ограбить поезд. Так-что всё прохождение не тянет в скуку, а в конце остаётся послевкусие, из-за чего хочется ЕЩЁ.

И это "ЕЩЁ" является открытым миром. Можно собирать золото и выполнять побочные задания, вроде убийства отпетых преступников или защиты фермы от волков. Здесь нет такой монотонности, как в играх Rockstar, по этому побочные активности выполняются быстро.

GUN - хорошая игра, её прохождение точно не будет пустой тратой времени, особенно если вы любите вестерны и эстетику дикого запада.
  31. Dec 19, 2020
    Zamanı için güzel olabilir ama geç oynadıysanız hele de rdr gibi oyunları görmüşseniz hiç etkileyici gelmeyecektir.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 24 Critic Reviews

1. The scope of the environments are vast, but empty in this free-roam open ended adventure. The game manages to capture the essence of loneliness that was an unwelcome but constant companion to many a traveler in those days.
  2. Average at best. The great voice acting and the solid graphics are just not enough to keep the game afloat. Somewhat shoddy controls and the lack of depth just drag this title down too much.
  3. It's too bad that Gun is so short because I could have easily devoted more time to playing such a refreshing title.