- Publisher: Massive Damage, Inc.
- Release Date: Aug 9, 2017
- Summary: A retro space strategy RPG with base building, deep tactical combat, crew management and emergent storytelling. Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition is a massively enhanced version of the Award Winning indie strategy RPG, Halcyon 6.
- Developer: Massive Damage, Inc.
- Genre(s): General, Strategy, Turn-Based, Tactics
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 3 out of 5
Mixed: 2 out of 5
Negative: 0 out of 5
Sep 3, 2017Regardless of how well-received their initial product was, Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition is an evolution of it.
Aug 10, 2017Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition is very much (if not only) a sum of its parts; luckily, Massive Damage made sure that each of those parts is well-executed. Hopefully, the developers continue their momentum and keep adding gameplay elements; with more variation in crew selection, the ability to actually build a ship with components you gather, and an expansion of the world in which the game persists, Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition can be a triumph.
Aug 25, 2017Free (for original game owners) remaster of the brilliant pixel-art star-trecky game brings many cosmetic enhancements. The campaign, among other things, has also a faster pace, an appropriately officers unit, automatic material collection and a new interface. Still, it would help a lot if the game could offer a possibility of sandbox and an option to run the game in slower mode. Core fans of the original game, however, will receive a polished gem with a promise to the future, so they can add one point to the score.
Aug 18, 2017Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition is a decent update to a game that always had promise, but it’s still not for everyone. Rebuilding the Federation, making allies, making enemies, and all the choices I had to make were all compelling, but honestly the combat didn’t thrill me and happened just that little bit too often. If you don’t mind this as much, then the Lightspeed Edition is a good time, just not quite an essential purchase.
LEVEL (Czech Republic)Sep 29, 2017Uninspired, remaster edition, which brings minimum changes, so the success goes to the original game. Fine choice for new players, for others something they can skip easily. [Issue#277]
Positive: 1 out of 4
Mixed: 3 out of 4
Negative: 0 out of 4
Mar 24, 2023Aside from resource gathering and base-building, the main gameplay is JRPG-style ship-to-ship fighting, with a bit of ground-based individualAside from resource gathering and base-building, the main gameplay is JRPG-style ship-to-ship fighting, with a bit of ground-based individual fighting! I got 41 hours of mostly fun out of it, which is pretty impressive for an indie game.
- The fighting is tactically quite complex, with lots of consideration of precise timing, turn order, and combinations of abilities.
- The overall strategy outside of fighting is initially quite interesting as well. There are very few resources available and many challenges to solve for which you need to unlock capabilities in the right order.
- The character Bucky Rogers is too funny
- The click-through tutorial at the beginning of the game is not helpful at all
- The regular difficulty was too hard for me, so I had to go with Easy, which was a lot more reasonable.
- By the late game the fighting started to feel repetitive.
- By the late game there was little left to do strategically.
- There were a bunch of minor bugs but no show-stoppers.
- The game crashed once and I lost an hour of play time
- The handling of fleet membership when the fleets are away from your base is buggy and weird. I was able to empty out a fleet while it was traveling, although it was just a visual bug that had no gameplay effect.
- There were numerous bugs that could be triggered if you sent a fleet to a location *before* the enemy arrived. Often, the pre-programmed event would fail to trigger and you would need to leave and come back, or the before-battle conversation would end up happening *after* the battle.… Expand
Apr 29, 2022Good Indie, 8 bit-like game.
It's a light strategy game (mostly base bulding ) mixed with jrpg (Rock-Paper-Scissors mechanics, xp levelling,Good Indie, 8 bit-like game.
It's a light strategy game (mostly base bulding ) mixed with jrpg (Rock-Paper-Scissors mechanics, xp levelling, and so on), a little repetitive ... but funny.
Lots of Star trek homages, turn based combat, simple base bulding, officers with ability tree, upgradable ships, tech tree to unlock, some diplomacy with alien species, a few choices events, resource managment and a little exploration.
Keeping in mind that it's not an AAA strategy games and that it is basic in most of his aspects, is a good time filler.
I got it very cheap on Epic.… Expand
May 26, 2022Buen indie estratégico aunque se vuelve repetitivo y solo se puede jugar en ingles
Jan 18, 2022The setting is cool and the graphics are cute. Just when i was getting into the groove of things I realized i could never win my playtrhoughThe setting is cool and the graphics are cute. Just when i was getting into the groove of things I realized i could never win my playtrhough due to not focusing hard on ship upgrades. Pretty frustrating considering i was 8 h in or so. Meeehhhhh...… Expand