7.2

1. Dec 7, 2019
    Muy lejos de las primeras 3 entregas , el juego es mas de lo mismo y aburre al poco rato, las mecanicas jugables si bien son buenas se hacen repetitivas.
    Y el port no me parece tan bueno, ya que no veo ninguna wcolucion en los graficos
  2. Jan 3, 2020
    Listen I love The halo series but this a port and its not doing it justice at all.

-Sound is muffled, flat and crackly. Sound mixing is terrible- -Issues with motion blur, depth of field, etc graphical effects missing outright- -FPS drops randomly and often for no reason then picks right back up- -More glitches then i remember happening in the campaign and firefight-

-Sound is muffled, flat and crackly. Sound mixing is terrible-

-FPS drops randomly and often for no reason then picks right back up-

-More glitches then i remember happening in the campaign and firefight-

-Progression system while better then the original is still very grindy and has xp cap -

-Matchmaking system is atrocious- End up playing on the same few maps all the time and only with the same settings which 99% of the time is going to be DMR TU slayer. No way to map vote and no way to configure any settings the way you want. Only a few playlists with no "regular" Reach slayer settings. Its so stupid because of they fixed this alone I would be enjoying it a lot more and this is also probably the easiest thing to fix.
    Did they not expect people to want the regular settings for the game?

It really is unacceptable that it came out in such a poor state and feels like they rushed it for Christmas sales.
  3. Dec 4, 2019
    The game is fantastic and runs well but there are some severe issues with the audio. Guns are muffled and the dialogue is sometimes inaudible. This hinders the immersion greatly. Fix this ASAP 343!
  4. Dec 8, 2019
    Plagued with technical problems and performance far lower than should be possible with such aged graphics. Besides sentimental value for a game you loved in the past there isn't much reason to get this. It's painfully obvious how out dated the games feels to just move. Modern shooters have improved the feel of aiming, movement, shooting so much that Reach was painful to play through.Plagued with technical problems and performance far lower than should be possible with such aged graphics. Besides sentimental value for a game you loved in the past there isn't much reason to get this. It's painfully obvious how out dated the games feels to just move. Modern shooters have improved the feel of aiming, movement, shooting so much that Reach was painful to play through. The story may have been decent in the past but it isn't anything special and falls way short by today's standards.

I picked up this collection for my memories of combat evolved and halo 2/3. I never played reach and since it's the only game currently available I dove in. Without any good past memories of the game I can safely say this was the last time i'll ever play Halo Reach.
  5. Dec 7, 2019
    Just dated and disappointing. Even with the enhanced graphics on the PC it looks like something from last decade. The gameplay has not made the transition from gamepad to mouse gracefully. If you've been dying to play Halo you might love it. If you're new to the franchise you might be left wondering what all the fuss was about.
  6. Dec 3, 2019
    This game is currently released in an incomplete state. I rarely write reviews on websites like this but I felt compelled to considering how hyped I was for this, and how let down I am. They had so much time and so many betas that the expectation was that the launch would be spot on. Issues at launch include absolutely atrocious audio quality, lack of HDR support for PC entirely, issuesThis game is currently released in an incomplete state. I rarely write reviews on websites like this but I felt compelled to considering how hyped I was for this, and how let down I am. They had so much time and so many betas that the expectation was that the launch would be spot on. Issues at launch include absolutely atrocious audio quality, lack of HDR support for PC entirely, issues with framerate and mouse controls, among other things. The audio quality is really the kicker though because it's so horrible it makes the game completely unplayable. Every weapon sound is completely muffled like it's 480P youtube quality audio. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9mY0SFTLjk this is a video displaying how it sounds. I'm going to wait until they fix this or get a refund. Expand
  7. Dec 10, 2019
    The MCC on Xbox already had a bad reputation of releasing in an unfinished, broken state. Fast forward YEARS to the release of Reach on PC and it's the same old story. The audio is flat out broken. Gunfire is always muffled and often does not sync properly with the gun animation.

There is a strange ghosting that happens on animations when playing above 60 fps, a selling point for playing on PC. When strafing, it appears as if there is a stuttering motion blur effect on objects. You cannot turn this off.

Both Firefight and Multiplayer crash at the menu. I have yet to find a game of either.

The fact that Microsoft/Xbox have left their biggest gaming franchise in the hands of the untrustworthy stewards at 343 boggles the mind. They routinely release buggy, unfinished software. For a company with endless resources, this is unacceptable.
  8. Dec 3, 2019
    This game is just amazing. Awesome campaign and a really fun multiplayer, well optimized for PC version. Audio needs release corrections.
  9. Dec 6, 2019
    I bought this game for online multiplayer which is unplayable due to the state that matchmaking has been released in - it automatically throws you randomly into a server, usually somewhere in North America, east coast, central, north. The process of finding a match is also broken and crashes the game about 35% of the time. I've played 12 hours online and eventually gave up, its just notI bought this game for online multiplayer which is unplayable due to the state that matchmaking has been released in - it automatically throws you randomly into a server, usually somewhere in North America, east coast, central, north. The process of finding a match is also broken and crashes the game about 35% of the time. I've played 12 hours online and eventually gave up, its just not playable. Its not a direct port from the console, its actually missing loads of features such as inviting matchmade players to team up or be friends. Really poor effort i'll be asking for a refund. Expand
  10. Dec 6, 2019
    Great game, great port.
    MS has done things very well.
    It's a big pleasure to go back in this awesome campain.
  11. Dec 7, 2019
    This game is just a cash grab.
    Graphics and Keyboard/Mouse controls are terrible, let me feel very outdated.
    And PC version it's not complete. It's only has Halo reach. But microsoft call that is collection.
  12. Dec 3, 2019
    Just started to play it on pc with gamepass for 1$, im laughing so hard thinking in ps4 peasants
  13. Dec 4, 2019
    Best game hands down. Better than modern warfare :) love the pop it n lock it armour ability.
  14. Dec 6, 2019
    Game of last generation got even better. Playing Reach again at 60 frames at 4k only improves the dramatic story telling and combat. Considered by many as the best Halo game ever made, its an easy recommended.
  15. Dec 10, 2019
    I don't agree that this game is a 10. But the red user ratings are for horrible reasons, so I'll put a 10 to combat those. I'd personally give it an 8.5.

To put this into context, here's my experience with Reach so far: - 4 missions into legendary campaign - roughly 12 hours played online. Game modes: TDM, swat, grifball, objective-based one(forgot its name), and firefight To

To put this into context, here's my experience with Reach so far:
    - 4 missions into legendary campaign

To the complainers: Don't know what y'all expected, all 6 games? In perfection? These games are not just ports and clearly some of these users just want to vent and don't understand the work required to port a 360 game to pc with the modern expectations of a dumbed down younger generation. You all seem to forget it's been about a decade since this particular game has been released. There's a 2-generation console difference. Shame on the complainers.

The biggest, by far, complaint in the red, whiny section, is that the game is "incomplete." This is just untrue. You can play the entirety of the campaign, you can play the entirety of multiplayer.

The second I've seen is technical issues, including audio. Graphically, I've only noticed a couple glitches, like a pelican landing sideways but I was still able to get in and multiple times where Kat's glitched out. The audio difference, in some spots, is a valid complaint. But I'm not seeing the issues with the guns. I've compared side by side and the difference is literally negligible.

The next complaint I've seen is "it's dated and aged." Um. Are you serious? This is a complaint? The game came out about 10 years ago. As I said above, 2 console generation difference. Of course it's going to be dated and aged. Look at any remaster of any game prior to PS4 and XBO. They ALL LOOK DATED AND AGED. That complaint is a pathetic and unsuccessful attempt to dog on the game just cause someone personally wanted an entire remake from the ground up.

Then I've even seen a couple about crashing issues online. Literally rated red or yellow solely because their internet can't handle gaming. I've not crashed a single time. Not a single time. One guy said he's crashed 35% of the time (that's a you problem buddy!) and that made the game unplayable. OK so what about the other 65%?

To be honest, the complaints on this are just pathetic. Do yourself a favor and spend the $10 on the game. Oh you didn't know? Yeah that's all it cost. Which makes the "I'll be asking for a refund" comments laughable. Some people just want to complain about everything.

In reality, do yourself a favor and purchase this, heck purchase the entire MCC for $40. But if you're skeptical, you can get Reach alone for $10.
  16. Dec 9, 2019
    My first Halo experience ever. Despite FPS games being my favourite genre I found the controls of Reach to be very unusual, everything feels strange and alien to me. Movement is VERY floaty which makes every surface you walk on feel like ice and there is basically no air control which just feels bad to play. Guns also feel strange to use as there is such large random bullet spread andMy first Halo experience ever. Despite FPS games being my favourite genre I found the controls of Reach to be very unusual, everything feels strange and alien to me. Movement is VERY floaty which makes every surface you walk on feel like ice and there is basically no air control which just feels bad to play. Guns also feel strange to use as there is such large random bullet spread and there isn't really any visual or auditory feedback for when I'm hitting anything. Ive gotten used to it after about 15 hours but I still think that these are flaws that shouldn't be ignored.

Campaign seemed very basic "tacticool military guys do stuff" but since this is a prequel I may just not know who these characters are supposed to be. Most of the campaign maps seemed like they were designed for multiplayer and then just slapped into singleplayer because most of the interior spaces were just symmetrical rooms with different layers, not interesting level design. Most of it was fairly simple shoot aliens and drive vehicles to get to more aliens, however the final mission and the epilogue were really cool and were very enjoyable. I hope to revisit the campaign when I have more knowledge of the story.

Multiplayer is good dumb fun with a variety of gamemodes, but theres not much substance to the main modes (deathmatch/swat/ctf) and the weapon designs are puzzling to me, half of them are an instant kill and the other half are low damage that rely on tracking and take a long time to kill, there's no middle ground just 1 extreme or the other. Also personally not a fan of the radar as its pretty much x-ray vision and forces me to look in the corner of my screen instead of the crosshair.

Multiplayer maps are terrible, they remind me of something an amateur mapper would make for CS:S or something, all of them support multiple gamemodes so its trying to cater to each one but doing a bad job of it instead of focusing on 1 gamemode and doing it well.

I'm enjoying the invasion mode as this seems like the gamemode with the most thought put into the map balance and has some interesting classes and objectives. Vehicles in multiplayer are also great fun but not really suited for anything serious.

Despite all these flaws I can see myself having a blast in multiplayer for hundreds of hours, and more when more games get released. I will also revisit the campaign when I've learned more story.
  17. Jan 18, 2020
    I'm regular PC gamer and played only one Halo game -- Halo when it was released on PC back in the days. And I would say that Halo Reach hasn't aged very well. It might have been good when first released but now it's mediocre at best. Visually the key problem here is the gamma, bleak and colorless, sure it's "serious" military drama but they could give at least some color to the nature. TheI'm regular PC gamer and played only one Halo game -- Halo when it was released on PC back in the days. And I would say that Halo Reach hasn't aged very well. It might have been good when first released but now it's mediocre at best. Visually the key problem here is the gamma, bleak and colorless, sure it's "serious" military drama but they could give at least some color to the nature. The story also doesn't add up to the player's experience. I've seen something like this in Spec Ops: The Line. A hardline military story of of war and heroism, bla bla, no humor apart from veteran's one-liners, all of this is damn serious, war never changes, you know. The last straw is the shooting part. Given how high the game was praised back in the day at least the shooting must be good? No. It's outright boring. All the guns are either useless junk that's good only for the "goblin" type of enemies, or something stronger but not quite delivering the punch. I won't even mention how bad the aiming is, but I let it slip, because it might be porting problem. The only good part was the vehicle and helicopter controls and maybe also this short space battle mission, too short I suppose.
    All in all, the the game is mostly bad and not because of the graphics. The ancient Halo CE released back in 2001 was better in all aspects. If you bought the Master Chief collection, it might be a good idea to wait until Halo CE Anniversary comes out and not spoil your first view on this franchise.
  18. Dec 17, 2019
    Reach has been good to me.
    Time has come to return the favor.
    Reach is back baby! After two weeks of playing the PC port of Ireland reach managed to condense my thoughts down into this review. It's been 9 years since Halo Reach released on the Xbox 360, now 343 has re-released on the PC for the Halo Master Chief Collection. Surprisingly the game holds up really well. The mix
    Reach has been good to me.
    Time has come to return the favor.

Reach is back baby!

It's been 9 years since Halo Reach released on the Xbox 360, now 343 has re-released on the PC for the Halo Master Chief Collection. Surprisingly the game holds up really well. The mix between 60 frame the second game play on 30 frame character animations surprisingly works fairly well, it doesn't seem to hit the gameplay for the most part.
    Although I have noticed in my own experience during multiplayer that there is an issue with responsiveness when trying to string together actions that you would have been able to do in the original release of halo reach such as sprinting into shooting and they are into melee or or plasma pistol into melon works occasionally it does not seem to work reliably in multiplayer which is is a minor gripe but still it's a gripe nonetheless.

As far as the technical side of the PC port is concerned there always seems to be minor issues such as frame rate drops & stuttering as well as stuttering low quality audio for things such as multiplayer announcer lines and campaign music & sound effects.

I'm aware that there are fixes for most of these issues but one of the issues that people seem to have the most trouble with and it doesn't seem to be a fix for the amount of input lag when doing online co-op campaign. I'm playing with a few buddies of mine numerous occasions they have complained that they seem to have up to 10 seconds of latency between import and response which massively ruins the gameplay experience.

Multiplier is just as good as I remember although there are a few issues with the launch set of the 343 has gone with. now even though the title update settings were available at launch they do become stale after a while once you've played your 17th game of 'title update DMR slayer' in a row on one of the numerously criticised DLC maps, will probably leave a sour taste in your mouth like they have mine.

The matchmaking algorithm seems to be incredibly one-sided towards the DLC and anniversary maps as compared to the classic reach maps. Hopefully in the future 343 will balance is out in the future to allow the classic maps some room to breathe.

Another issue with MP seems to be that Griffball is just a cesspit of afk bots & EXP boosting and what the community is currently called sword lining well all of the enemy team stand in line and one player on the other team goes and kills them to wrap up around about 12 to 15 kills to reach the max performance experience. Although as of writing this review, 343 have now started to punish accounts that have been linked to botting & sword lining.

Although the port is not perfect & a few cosmetic changes have been made to the game, there is plenty of room for improvement for that perfect reach experience. Although I'm not sure we'll get it anytime soon as 343 have numerous other games too now port to the PC. I feel that it will have changing is the battle pass system that they currently have in place as it is getting a lot of flak from the community as well as tidying up and improving the overall UI for the game now I understand but 343 has to create a unified AI I feel like they may have to make concessions when it comes to reach as it's all my own experience differs widely from that of the previous halo games.

I would give this game a 8/10, a solid experience with some room for improvement..
  19. Dec 9, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Grandioso juego como el su versión de Xbox 360 y un gran historia!! Para jugarlo varias veces!! Expand
  20. Dec 7, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Maravilha um dos melhores jogos de fps já lançados sou apaixonado msm por fps e esse é um dos melhores se n o melhor que joguei Expand
  21. Jan 11, 2020
    This game is a broken, repetivive, boring garbage. Halo Reach was already broken enough, and it's remastered version is even worse.
  22. Jan 31, 2020
    Just play this one on xbox as of now its terrible on pc. This screams we rushed the game to PC after never really thinking about converting and optimizing to the full potential.
  23. Feb 16, 2020
    The only thing "ported" in this game is the fact that it executes on a windows machine. Piss poor quality.
  24. Jul 20, 2020
    Never owned an Xbox360 so i've missed this masterpiece...
    By playng it now on PC, i understand why the Halo franchise will remain forever signed into stone.
    Remember Noble6.
  25. May 16, 2020
    Bad optimization and multiplayer, is better the original game from xbox 360
  26. Mar 6, 2020
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tô me it's one of the best games i ever play, cause he can introduce you in a squad, in a atmosphere of "take the pieces" and in the final some Hope. Expand
  27. Mar 3, 2020
    Just look at the reviews from the 360 title and they explain the campaign pretty well, although I would recommend going to Halowaypoint and other places to see the minor details on bugs and smaller issues with the game being on PC such as the; audio issues, net-coding issues, and a lot of smaller things that don't really affect game play that much. The biggest issue would be the net-codingJust look at the reviews from the 360 title and they explain the campaign pretty well, although I would recommend going to Halowaypoint and other places to see the minor details on bugs and smaller issues with the game being on PC such as the; audio issues, net-coding issues, and a lot of smaller things that don't really affect game play that much. The biggest issue would be the net-coding in multiplayer, but it's been like that since the original released.

The game has a dedicated team of developers that are working on the game. No one here mentions the MCC Flight Programs, that alone shows how dedicated the team is working on fixing and testing the bugs for the games. They've been continually fixing all the technical issues such as the crouch issue, and they've even fixed some of the audio issues. The team behind the game is still working on fixing the game and making it optimized. People really don't give this game enough credit to the developers or the game itself. All the issues that everyone is complaining about in the reviews will be fixed.
  28. Feb 6, 2020
    one of the better game of the Halos´s saga, i remember when a played halo 1, and the creators made a huge evolution in the history and player´s experience
  29. Jun 10, 2020
    This is my first Halo game and it is a breath of fresh air from stuff like Call of Duty if you've never played Halo before. The game is very immersive in terms of setting, environments, level design and plot, and has AI which is far more engaging than that of COD. Playing on Heroic difficulty (the third-most-difficult of four), the game can get frustrating at certain difficult scenarios,This is my first Halo game and it is a breath of fresh air from stuff like Call of Duty if you've never played Halo before. The game is very immersive in terms of setting, environments, level design and plot, and has AI which is far more engaging than that of COD. Playing on Heroic difficulty (the third-most-difficult of four), the game can get frustrating at certain difficult scenarios, but more often than not it is a rewarding challenge that requires a good element of tactical play. Graphics and performance are more than adequate. All that said, I wouldn't say it's an amazing game, just a very good one, and it is tarnished by installation bugs on Windows Store/Xbox app. Personally I didn't really notice any audio issues; everything sounded alright to me. Expand
  30. May 14, 2020
    The graphics doesnt even look like from 2015, forget 2019. I was disappointed considering the hype surrounding it before its release. The campaign felt lackluster. The maps seemed so less detailed and sparse.
  31. Oct 9, 2020
    História fraca, gameplay cansativa e repetitiva, inimigos já ultrapassados sem nenhum inovação, AI bugada. unico ponto positivo pra não ser 0 é o coop da história.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 22 Critic Reviews

1. May 1, 2020
    A mainline Halo game has finally come to PC as part of a much larger compilation. If you desire high-octane Halo action on PC, Reach is as good a start as any, but heed this port's rough edges and missing features.
  2. Feb 25, 2020
    Although this isn't the definitive version of the game due to the lack of split-screen play, Halo: Reach on the PC is a solid experience. The campaign retains the magic that Bungie prided itself on during its time with the franchise and the multiplayer. While the multiplayer in Reach is not as populous as the older entries, it often has more options to satisfy anyone's tastes. This is a good indication of how the rest of the package will turn out, which means that there's going to be some positive buzz surrounding each release. Whether you're buying this on Steam or taking advantage of the Xbox Game Pass on PC, Reach is well worth checking out.
  3. CD-Action
    Jan 15, 2020
    For an almost 10-years old grandpa of a game Halo: Reach still stands strong. It’s Bungie’s best Halo and a fitting goodbye with their own franchise. [02/2020, p.64]