7.2

1. Dec 4, 2019
    The game is fantastic and runs well but there are some severe issues with the audio. Guns are muffled and the dialogue is sometimes inaudible. This hinders the immersion greatly. Fix this ASAP 343!
  2. Dec 7, 2019
    Just dated and disappointing. Even with the enhanced graphics on the PC it looks like something from last decade. The gameplay has not made the transition from gamepad to mouse gracefully. If you've been dying to play Halo you might love it. If you're new to the franchise you might be left wondering what all the fuss was about.
  3. Dec 9, 2019
    My first Halo experience ever. Despite FPS games being my favourite genre I found the controls of Reach to be very unusual, everything feels strange and alien to me. Movement is VERY floaty which makes every surface you walk on feel like ice and there is basically no air control which just feels bad to play. Guns also feel strange to use as there is such large random bullet spread andMy first Halo experience ever. Despite FPS games being my favourite genre I found the controls of Reach to be very unusual, everything feels strange and alien to me. Movement is VERY floaty which makes every surface you walk on feel like ice and there is basically no air control which just feels bad to play. Guns also feel strange to use as there is such large random bullet spread and there isn't really any visual or auditory feedback for when I'm hitting anything. Ive gotten used to it after about 15 hours but I still think that these are flaws that shouldn't be ignored.

Campaign seemed very basic "tacticool military guys do stuff" but since this is a prequel I may just not know who these characters are supposed to be. Most of the campaign maps seemed like they were designed for multiplayer and then just slapped into singleplayer because most of the interior spaces were just symmetrical rooms with different layers, not interesting level design. Most of it was fairly simple shoot aliens and drive vehicles to get to more aliens, however the final mission and the epilogue were really cool and were very enjoyable. I hope to revisit the campaign when I have more knowledge of the story.

Multiplayer is good dumb fun with a variety of gamemodes, but theres not much substance to the main modes (deathmatch/swat/ctf) and the weapon designs are puzzling to me, half of them are an instant kill and the other half are low damage that rely on tracking and take a long time to kill, there's no middle ground just 1 extreme or the other. Also personally not a fan of the radar as its pretty much x-ray vision and forces me to look in the corner of my screen instead of the crosshair.

Multiplayer maps are terrible, they remind me of something an amateur mapper would make for CS:S or something, all of them support multiple gamemodes so its trying to cater to each one but doing a bad job of it instead of focusing on 1 gamemode and doing it well.

I'm enjoying the invasion mode as this seems like the gamemode with the most thought put into the map balance and has some interesting classes and objectives. Vehicles in multiplayer are also great fun but not really suited for anything serious.

Despite all these flaws I can see myself having a blast in multiplayer for hundreds of hours, and more when more games get released. I will also revisit the campaign when I've learned more story.
  4. May 14, 2020
    The graphics doesnt even look like from 2015, forget 2019. I was disappointed considering the hype surrounding it before its release. The campaign felt lackluster. The maps seemed so less detailed and sparse.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 22 Critic Reviews

1. May 1, 2020
    A mainline Halo game has finally come to PC as part of a much larger compilation. If you desire high-octane Halo action on PC, Reach is as good a start as any, but heed this port's rough edges and missing features.
  2. Feb 25, 2020
    Although this isn't the definitive version of the game due to the lack of split-screen play, Halo: Reach on the PC is a solid experience. The campaign retains the magic that Bungie prided itself on during its time with the franchise and the multiplayer. While the multiplayer in Reach is not as populous as the older entries, it often has more options to satisfy anyone's tastes. This is a good indication of how the rest of the package will turn out, which means that there's going to be some positive buzz surrounding each release. Whether you're buying this on Steam or taking advantage of the Xbox Game Pass on PC, Reach is well worth checking out.
  3. CD-Action
    Jan 15, 2020
    For an almost 10-years old grandpa of a game Halo: Reach still stands strong. It’s Bungie’s best Halo and a fitting goodbye with their own franchise. [02/2020, p.64]