- Publisher: GameTrust
- Release Date: Mar 27, 2017
- Also On: PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One
Embark on an epic journey with the Has-Been Heroes, a group of legendary champions once celebrated throughout the kingdom - almost forgotten until the King has one more quest, the most epic of them all:
TO TAKE THE TWIN PRINCESSES TO SCHOOL! Key features: * Meet the epic band ofEmbark on an epic journey with the Has-Been Heroes, a group of legendary champions once celebrated throughout the kingdom - almost forgotten until the King has one more quest, the most epic of them all:
TO TAKE THE TWIN PRINCESSES TO SCHOOL!
* Meet the epic band of heroes as the young and eager Rogue, joining the company of the wise monk Metacles, the giant-wrestling warrior Crux... wait until you meet the others, incl. the Anthropologist turned Mexican Wrestler, the ever-vigilant and paranoid Bodyguard, and many more!
* Unlock and collect hundreds of game-changing items and spells, boosting the heroes' powers and making each run unique!
* Combine spells for devastating effects, learning the power of magic as you gain more elements.
* Face countless monsters, each bigger and more menacing than the next. Can you wipe out the army of evil led by the Great Ghoul?
* In roguelike fashion, die and try again - choose your heroes wisely and prepare for battle!… Expand
- Developer: Frozenbyte, Inc.
- Genre(s): Strategy, Turn-Based, General, Tactics
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Positive: 0 out of 5
Mixed: 5 out of 5
Negative: 0 out of 5
CD-ActionJun 7, 2017At first I had to force myself to play Has-Been Heroes, but gradually it convinced me that there’s a decent degree of depth under simple gameplay mechanics. [06/2017, p.61]
Game World Navigator MagazineApr 25, 2017Every hero chains his attacks, so to make sure that everything goes smooth – fast strikes take out shield while strong one lands on HP bar – you’ll have to juggle them from line to line. Add buffs and abilities to the mix, and you get a lot to think about. Too bad that progression in Has-Been Heroes heavily depends on luck – you can’t even buy a spell that you want, you have to pay for a cat in the bag. [Issue#219, p.67]
Mar 24, 2017There are some good ideas in Has Been Heroes, such as the way it uses multi-lane battlefields to make us use strategies that involve switching between the strengths of three different heroes to achieve victory. It's a recipe for fun that manages to last for a while. Eventually, though, the heavy emphasis on the luck of level generation, the frustrations of enemy repetition, the poor tutorial, and the tendency to overrun you with tough enemies spoil the whole.
Apr 3, 2017Has-Been Heroes has some good ideas but it gets boring pretty fast. Despite that it offers a really great challenge to players who wants to test their strategic skills. The game gives its best with Nintendo Switch portability.
Positive: 0 out of
Mixed: 0 out of
Negative: 0 out of