- Summary: Hatred is an isometric shooter with disturbing atmosphere of mass killing, where player takes the role of a cold blood antagonist, who is full of hatred for humanity. It's a horror, but here YOU are the villain. Wander the outskirts of New York State, seek for victims on seven free-roamHatred is an isometric shooter with disturbing atmosphere of mass killing, where player takes the role of a cold blood antagonist, who is full of hatred for humanity. It's a horror, but here YOU are the villain. Wander the outskirts of New York State, seek for victims on seven free-roam levels. Fight against law enforcement and take a journey into the antagonist's hateful mind. Gather equipment of the dead ‘human shields’ to spread Armageddon upon society. Destroy everything on your way of hunt and fight back when it's disturbed...… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Hatred - Gameplay Trailer
May 29, 2015Hatred is a very playable game for fans of adrenaline and bloody thrills, although the content of the game is a bit controversial. The game could be longer, more diverse and better optimized (Unreal Engine 4 is hungry for power). And given the overall quality Hatred did not deserve all the media buzz surrounding its development and most likely it won't be remembered in a few years' time.
Jun 2, 2015For all of the shock and hullaballoo following its path toward release, Hatred is nothing special or particularly egregious in the world of video game violence, except for the fact that it relies on that violence alone. The game takes itself extremely seriously and has plenty of extremely violent content and murder, but it ends up feeling more like camp.
Jun 22, 2015Hatred, as a piece of transgressive art, is a failure. It's dull, its violence crass and unconvincing, and its understanding of humanity shallow at best. But it's worth looking at, if only to understand why, and if only to interrogate what, if anything, could be gained from peering closely at something so horrible.
Jun 1, 2015In our days game like this is very rarely
But game could be longer, more diverse. You shoot and move around big environments, using aIn our days game like this is very rarely
But game could be longer, more diverse. You shoot and move around big environments, using a variety of weapons, throwing explosives, and causing a lot of havoc.
After hard day best to relax.… Expand
Jun 9, 2015No matter how silly this is the soul point of this game is to kill and its stupid the "Crusader" is annoying,the game play is just a dumedNo matter how silly this is the soul point of this game is to kill and its stupid the "Crusader" is annoying,the game play is just a dumed down version of GTA 1&2… Expand
Jun 16, 2015I am writing this review to balance the scores. This is a good game. Something different. It has its problems but it is also challenging andI am writing this review to balance the scores. This is a good game. Something different. It has its problems but it is also challenging and challenging in a way that is fun. I personally am unoffended by the content and not why I play and enjoy it. Lets get a second one under way devs! More use of the red for gore.… Expand
Jun 3, 2015Looks nice, but has clunky gameplay mechanics and is repetitive beyond belief. Not only that, rather than being the gruesome adult-only gameLooks nice, but has clunky gameplay mechanics and is repetitive beyond belief. Not only that, rather than being the gruesome adult-only game the media was up in arms about, if anything this is a chessy comedy. It's Duke Nukem with worse voice acting and none of the charm or gameplay. The whole thing is ultra ludicrous, and basically devolves into an isometric, poorly done GTA2 simulator.
You can safely give it a miss.… Expand
Aug 5, 2015Doesn't matter to me if you kill al mankind, the problem is the gameplay and its too repetitive the same sh it everytime kill, kill, kill andDoesn't matter to me if you kill al mankind, the problem is the gameplay and its too repetitive the same sh it everytime kill, kill, kill and guess what? More kill! Its too way boring not recomend because of that.… Expand
Jul 2, 2015Atrocious cesspool of cr@p! I preordered this, thought i’ll have a good violent AO rated fun in one of my favorite style, iso-shooter.
NoAtrocious cesspool of cr@p! I preordered this, thought i’ll have a good violent AO rated fun in one of my favorite style, iso-shooter.
No pros. I give 2/10. 1 for actually working, 1 for the OK graphics and the credits music. Not my style of score but good to hear.
Now the cons.
1 AO rating??? What for? The Postal games or Manhunt(1) were not AO and this do? Those games were violent as this or even much more. Except those were highly enjoyable. Hatred is practically Postal(1) with modern graphics and broken game mechanics, and extremly boring as well. Maybe the several kind of death? Absolutely no! Shots and headshots, some kicking, THAT’S ALL! Play Squishy the Pig or (poor) Eryi’s action for wide variety of deaths. Or Manhunt of course.
2) Graphics are OK, as it’s the good old UE3. But the annoying under-contrasted black-white filter does not help. The idea is ok, but it’s somehow not works. Those night levels and the default white cross-hair made me insane. Many times simply lost the cross-hair, and took 10-20 seconds to find it again. Many time happened that i even did not see people on screen. Night levels and black suited civilians are fun to distinguish!
3) Music is OK, and fortunately it’s not played ingame, that would be atrocious. The sounds, however terrible. Weapon sounds are like toy weapons. No dynamics at all. Human cries and shouts are extremly repetitive, and after 10 minutes you’d better mute. It’s not fun to hear the same monologues 20 times in a row.
4) The weapons themselves are weak, inaccurate and unsatisfying. Even poor civilians need 2-3 bullets, but SWATs and soldiers swallow 1-2 full clips!!!! before they die. I’ve found the basic pistol to be the most usefull wep as it’s the most accurate (later why). The shotgun is absolutely useless in your hands. Melee range only, good on civilians, but against any other it’s a suicide. A soldier needs like 3 very close shotgun shots to die, and of course he will shot you in the time you do it. You will loose 50-75% (on easy) of your life in the progress, and there is nothing you can do to avoid. Of course in the hand of foe the shotgun is more than deadly (later why).
5) Enemies shooting from outside of the screen. This is a joke! Any who enjoys this must be mentally deceased. And when i say outside i mean FAR outside, without any indications where the damage is coming from. The minuscule radar is your only source of information, but that’s just useless, beacuse it’s so small, and many times showing inaccurate positions. There is this right-click far-view mode, but that’s painfull to use, and must be exactly know where you wanna look (and shoot) at. Cannot be used for searching as it’s so fast and twitchy, that you’ll soon puke on the monitor.
6) Of course the enemies accuracy is godly even from 2 screens away using shotguns. Your best choice to fight back from that distance is the pistol because of its accuracy. Don’t forget the whole game is about aimbot hitscans, so you cannot do too much to avoid damage, it’s all calculated by a random generator and it’s not on your side! Even easy is a joke. There is actually two ways to lessen the generator output. First the avoid move, good only for escaping, or the simple crouch. Crouch is fair as it lessens the damage to a level where you won’t die in 3 seconds and you can even shoot back. All good until a shotgunner comes in and sprinkle the area. Hurray!
7) The game cheats as hell.There is no way to play hide and seek. Everyone (even civilians) see you through walls. No sneak attacks of any sort. If there is a pixel wide clear view between you and the foe they shoot. They shoot always first. A-L-W-A-Y-S! Funny, eh?
8) There is no way to tell from the animations when someone is dying or simply hit and will recover soon. Somehow funny to see it on civilians, that after some death agony they cry and run away. But it’s more than deadly with the gunned crowd, when one is starting to shoot you from behind after you left him assuming he is dead.
9) Healing is only possible through executions. Who to be executed is again a random generator output. Sounds fun in an AO game! Well it’s not! Tell me how to heal yourself when 7 SWATs around you, shooting precisely at you. Even with crouching your life decreasing fast, and when crouching you move like a slug, no way to escape or go to an ’executable’. Even if you somehow reach one (the generator loved you) and the timeframe is still on till it’s executable, so you push the button. . .and die. As execute animation done standing still, so no crouching bonus. Nuff.
10) After a while i reached a level (still easy difficulty, don’t forget!) where in every minute 1-2 new car coming in with full squads of policemen and SWATs, INFINITELY. This is where i ragequit this abomination.
11)Oh yes, DO NOT USE CARS! They are impossible to steer, and if been shot, it will explode in 3 seconds and you’ll die with it.
F@ck this game!… Expand
Jun 7, 2015Honestly, a game that tries for controversy before it tries for any other redeemable quality is a game that deserves a solid zero.
DespiteHonestly, a game that tries for controversy before it tries for any other redeemable quality is a game that deserves a solid zero.
Despite best attempt, it's painfully obvious the developer lacked the skill necessary to craft anything meaningful out of this game. It’s the lazy, easy-way-out approach, to forsake something intelligent or satirical and just opt for all-out slaughter.
And at its core, just like the titles Hatred tries to emulate, it is fundamentally a bad game... beyond its controversial subject matter there really is nothing else to speak of…… Expand