4.6

1. Nov 15, 2017
    The Frozen Throne era is coming to it's end so I can finally review it all in retrospect.

First of all, this new tempo of putting out full card expansions every few months is definitely not the way to go. Blizzard should focus more on quality/balance, rather than quantity and frequency of releases. This way, you just don't have enough time to collect all the cards and enjoy all new deck archetypes. I play HS every day, grinding the ladder, doing arena runs every time I have enough gold and I even bought the preorder 50 packs bundle, but even for me, there is just no way you can collect all important cards in such short time period.

The problem started when they introduced 2 legendaries for each class including the expansion-specific such as quests, hero cards and now the upcoming legendary weapons. These should be obtainable through PVE story mode that they introduced they way you could obtain cards in the old story expansion. For instance, in Frozen Throne, you had to beat Lich King with each class, which was fun and challenging, one of the best pve content they released so far, but no real rewards except alternate hero portrait. Way to go would be to give you hero class card for each class you beat the boss with. You will still have a ton of standard minion class legendaries as well as neutral legendaries package to collect, but you will also have important unlocked important expansions specific cards to actually enjoy the content during it's expansion cycle.

Speaking of hero class cards, one of the best parts of the expansion, almost all of them are highly playable, in some cases even meta defining, fun to use and just overall a success as opposed to quests from the last Ungoro expansion which was cool, but overall an epic failure. There was only one good, fun and playable quest (Rogue) and they eventually nerfed it under the pressure of crying community, now the quest is 100% dead just like all the others.

Overall, The Frozen Throne is a very solid expansion, with quality hero cards and good PVE content. I still prefer Ungoro because of it's jungle theme, but in many ways Frozen Throne was a step forward, duplicate legendaries filter was a beautiful addition for example. Blizzard just really needs to adjust the card distribution model or release cycle, because this way, there is still no way you can enjoy it fully even when you pay full game price for each expansion release. I imagine that for 100% F2P players, or people that doesn't play every day the experience must be a nightmare. 8/10

1. Aug 30, 2017
    Nothing really new for Hearthstone, but a pretty cool adventure with three wings and totally free for us.
  2. Aug 29, 2017
    ​Knight of the Frozen Throne adds 135 new cards, the keyword lifesteal and a free PvE adventure.
  3. Aug 21, 2017
    What I really liked about Knights of the Frozen Throne is that the cards introduced allow for so much synergy that the result is extremely funny in many cases. Every day I discover new effects that I didn't think could be possible, which is Knights of the Frozen Throne's main quality. With each new Hearthstone expansion, Blizzard has outdone itself, and Knights of the Frozen Throne is no exception to the rule. I can't wait to see what's next for Hearthstone and its very strong community.