7.6

1. Mar 9, 2021
    I really wanted to like this game.
    It looks gorgeous, it's fun, a lot works, BUT everything feels like a chore. There's no adventure, no exploration, even if you don't use Far Sight, there's that feeling. BOTW had the nuance that you don't necessarily get more powerful, but wiser, in here it's all about the stats.
    Looks good on the surface, and the gamer experience is too weak.
  2. May 8, 2021
    Ubisoft style repetitiveness. Very plasticy and dull characters and story, the gameworld is empty and a dull place where the repetive gamplay takes place. The cartoony style feels cheap and childish. Play Assassins Creed instead, it's still repetitive and not very creative, but at least the world and characters are more believable. Or even better play breath of the wild, which Fenxy RisingUbisoft style repetitiveness. Very plasticy and dull characters and story, the gameworld is empty and a dull place where the repetive gamplay takes place. The cartoony style feels cheap and childish. Play Assassins Creed instead, it's still repetitive and not very creative, but at least the world and characters are more believable. Or even better play breath of the wild, which Fenxy Rising badly copied. Expand
  3. Dec 21, 2020
    I thought this was going to be a fun open world game. However, it became quickly monotonous with repetitive monsters, boring puzzles and lack lustre skill development. It feels like a Assassin Creed Odyssey lite for kids with some really bad greek accents...

Had the potential of being a really good game but it really feels like a poor Genshin Impact clone.
  4. Feb 22, 2021
    A number of studios have watched the exclusive success of Zelda's BOTW, and while there are already several early access titles around trying to clone it, this might be the first fully fleshed attempt to take the concept to other consoles and the PC.

And that is why "Immortals Fenyx rising", starting with it's very title that seems to have been born in some buzzword-generator, is a product with only one actual design parameter: To fill that void on the market before someone else does. It is uninspired and unoriginal to the point where it almost becomes a satire of itself.

Even the astroturfed fandom is so generic that it makes for hilarious reading, and I'm afraid I had more fun with the overblown praise (or the infinite rage against honest reviews) than with the game itself.

It's certainly playable. It's not unpolished. The graphics are pretty ok. The music ... is there. It has a story which plucks elements from Greek mythology and reassembles them into something that gives you something to do, and recognizable faces that tell you what to do, and that it is important because the antagonist is evil.

They are not nearly as funny as they think they are, and not nearly as godlike and Olympic as you would your greek god expect to be, but just like everything else in the game they are... ok. The game world is... big enough. Just like with the puzzles, the enemy design, the items, it's all... there. It's there, and it is in place, and it works, but it doesn't really feel organic, or, to chose a slightly more damning term: Everything about it feels unnecessary.

It has combat that doesn't really require any skill or strategy, so the special moves and skills you gain are not really rewarding, but you can get them. It has customization, but no real character development. It starts to feel like work really quick, and a waste of money. It kills time, but not in a good way. Especially if you were watching BOTW-videos, wishing for something like that without having to buy that console- save the money. For the console, or at least for a game with a soul.
  5. Dec 15, 2020
    This is the type of game that looks fantastic when you start playing it, but the longer you go on, the more repetitive and exhausting it becomes as its limitations become more apparent. The game does not do precision movement/platforming well. It's too floaty and sometimes ignores your inputs. That's fine at the start because that's not the focus, but later the game actually expects you toThis is the type of game that looks fantastic when you start playing it, but the longer you go on, the more repetitive and exhausting it becomes as its limitations become more apparent. The game does not do precision movement/platforming well. It's too floaty and sometimes ignores your inputs. That's fine at the start because that's not the focus, but later the game actually expects you to do precision platforming and precision air gliding and it just fails horribly. Also, the puzzles seem fun at first, but there's just so many of them and they are either too similar or completely obscure that they become exhausting. Like, put a cabbage on a pedestal and that will unlock a door somewhere. Not a rock, not a box, specifically a cabbage. In the open world, there's a locked door literally every 20 feet that has a chest behind it. You need to hit a switch somewhere to open it. That switch is usually behind a destructible piece of rock at a random surface in the area, and depending on the lighting is often indistinguishable from the background. 90% of your "exploration" time consists of running circles around an area, squinting your eyes trying to find a destructible piece of wall. Absolutely gruelling. Oh, there's also sliding block puzzles where you need to form an image. Lots of them. When you see sliding block puzzles in a game, you know the developers were desperate.

Combat is very mediocre and not physics based at all. It's a glorified quick time event. Pressing dodge at the correct moment just makes you immune to the attack, and nothing else. You don't have to actually dodge the attack. Pressing dodge at the right time when a massive bull charges you for example means that you get no damage, even if the dodge leaves you in the bull's path and he directly runs over you. Ridiculous.

Leveling and upgrading your gear also feels very underwhelming, because, like some previous Ubisoft games, it doesn't allow you to have an easier time against enemies. When you level up, the game just spawns recolored versions of existing enemies with higher stats, so your power level is always the same in practice. What's the point?

They also copied elements from Breath of the Wild, because they were in Breath of the Wild. They don't seem to understand WHY they were there. So you have to climb high and mark preexisting locations manually, not discover them yourself. So, instead of encouraging exploration, this is the same as the usual Ubisoft towers, except even more tiresome.

Overall, this game broke me by the 20 hour mark and I had no desire to continue playing it. It seems cool at first, but soon devolves into mind numbing boredom, frustration and repetition. Avoid.
  6. Dec 5, 2020
    Yes, this is Zelda on PC, but in Greek scenery and mythology. Ubisoft Quebec is good at combining gameplay and solid information on mythology in a humorous way that rarely happens. By the way, the humor in the game is great, I don't know why the critics decided that it was not funny.
  7. Jan 1, 2021
    Keep controversial crap out of games Ubisoft. We don't need to push gender opinions on the masses. If woke political views bother you then stay away. I am adding this because I would not have bought this game if I would have known. I didn't give the game a 0 because of it, but it needs to be pointed out. As far as the game. I like the humor as it is nice to see something different here,Keep controversial crap out of games Ubisoft. We don't need to push gender opinions on the masses. If woke political views bother you then stay away. I am adding this because I would not have bought this game if I would have known. I didn't give the game a 0 because of it, but it needs to be pointed out. As far as the game. I like the humor as it is nice to see something different here, and it works. The upgrades are nice, and the graphics style works. The game does look like BotW, but doesn't play like it. Totally different game IMO. It is not a deep game, but somewhat basic. The puzzles are actually better than the reviews state.

Summary:
    Pros:
    1. Art style
    2. Humor
    3. Characters are likeable
    4. Default controller setup is intuitive

Neutral:
    1. Not very deep. Geared toward younger gamers.
    2. Controls can be hit or miss. Usually fine, but have had non registered inputs (Xbox One Controller)
    3. Story is light hearted. Not bad, but not great.
    4. Scanning for treasure locations, etc., is a good idea, but can be somewhat tedious.

Cons:
    1. Crashes when reaching for coins from an unlocked rift (or whatever it is called). I always save right before this now.
    2. Woke content added to the game.. Keep any type of controversial crap out of my games.
    3. Ubisoft launcher always goes to store first instead of opening to installed games (maybe a setting, but not sure), and no way to launch the game and then have the launcher execute.

Game is not good or bad, but okay. I cannot recommend because of the forced woke content that I, and many others, are tired of.
  8. Dec 4, 2020
    It's a good game and makes fun. I would rate it higher if there were no f****** daily quests. Ubisoft, just stop it. And the distant vision is annoying but okay.
  9. Dec 5, 2020
    Holy **** A good Ubisoft game, yeah it borrows a lot from a certain Nintendo game but the world, the music and gameplay are great and very addictive. More games like this please
  10. Feb 13, 2021
    Totally unplayable because of senseless language lock. Refund and the only deserved score - 0.
  11. Dec 5, 2020
    All in all a really fun game if you like bright colours all over the place and loads of puzzles, and a new twist on the synchronising from AC games were you have to search for locations yourself from each high area, just wish Ubisoft would scrap this fully and just let us explore and find stuff yourself that is my only gripe with the game really.
  12. Dec 18, 2020
    Are all the people review paid here, blind, or desperate? I mean, this game is so bad. The character looks unfinished, so few options in Your character creation, You can pick from two [2!!!] voices, wow, male and female. Character is zoomed out way too far, character is rollerskating on the surface, legs of the character don't land on floor/platform on which character is, walking on stairsAre all the people review paid here, blind, or desperate? I mean, this game is so bad. The character looks unfinished, so few options in Your character creation, You can pick from two [2!!!] voices, wow, male and female. Character is zoomed out way too far, character is rollerskating on the surface, legs of the character don't land on floor/platform on which character is, walking on stairs looks like character walked a ramp. Paper like feel and UX from fights, dodge is buggy right from the beginning, it feels out of touch with "reality". This game is no Assassins Creed, nor Breath of the Wild. It wants to look like them. Environment is super empty and all the foliage is moving in one way, like there's literally no wind, just some physics-less plane animation. I mean Nintendo did it right on Wii U and Switch, Ubi wasn't able to do it correctly for #pcmr?

Models are decent, mechanics and principles are all stolen out from AC and BoTW universe but...they're stolen wrong. Dumb Ubi studio which made this game isn't capable of stealing/looking at things how they are.

This is a terrible game, not worth the 80e I spent on it [Gold] version. It's worthy maybe 10e. Needs a complete rehaul regarding game mechanics, physics, animations and light system. It's poor compared to BoTW. I mean, BoTW runs on a potato, this game runs on RTX cards and is crap.
  13. Dec 4, 2020
    A seriously solid new AAA ip that successfully scratches that BOTW itch.
    the game is seriously better than it looks at first glance on yt, try it out!

-enjoying this more than Valhalla!!
  14. Dec 6, 2020
    Amazing game, amazing visuals, amazing puzzles. Best game ever. JUST BUY IT.
  15. Dec 31, 2020
    woke kiddie mobile game.. steals ideas from botw, but is way more childish and filled with pc mesaging..
  16. Dec 8, 2020
    A lot of critics are looking down on this game because it copies a lot of its core ideas from Breath of the Wild. But you know what? This game does all of those things better.

It's so much fun to move in this game. You have so much stamina and so many ways to use it after just a little bit of exploration and upgrades. No two players will travel across a field or gap in exactly the same way. Platforming challenges are always a joy, and there's way more variety in puzzles because there are so many ways to move Fenyx around.

Combat is super complex, and with dozens of buffs to choose from based on your two armor pieces and three weapons, there are so many different ways to tune fights to your liking. Even with combos that feel super OP at times, encounters are rarely a cakewalk, and you're encouraged to keep exploring to find potion ingredients even all the way into the endgame.

The game has so many systems and ways that you interact with the world, and there are rewards that help upgrade everything. As a result, exploration always feels rewarding because you're not just going to find a weapon when you've been full for the last 12 hours, and you're not just going to find 1/4 of a heart when you already have 20. You can find shards to upgrade your armor and weapons to help with combat, or you can find coins to upgrade your abilities to help with puzzles or even let you skip some of them entirely.

The writing is funny too, and even though not every line hits, you actually care about the characters and empathize with them when they are sad or feel hurt. The story gives you good reasons to explore the entire environment and its dedication to realistic Greek Mythology (as opposed to Disney nonsense) is admirable.

Basically, the tl;dr is if Breath of the Wild is a 10/10, this game is an 11/10. It's just that good.
  17. Dec 4, 2020
    Fenyx is essentially a faster paced, condensed version of BotW. The sense of wonder and exploration is gone in place of just zooming from location to location which are clearly marked on your map while avoiding enemies and constantly using fast travel. The game is more action oriented, the crafting system is simplified, and the lack of degradable weapons removes all strategy from theFenyx is essentially a faster paced, condensed version of BotW. The sense of wonder and exploration is gone in place of just zooming from location to location which are clearly marked on your map while avoiding enemies and constantly using fast travel. The game is more action oriented, the crafting system is simplified, and the lack of degradable weapons removes all strategy from the combat and takes all the reward out of fighting enemies. Whether you like this new direction and feel it makes the game more fun, or whether you feel like the game was dumbed down will depend on the gamer. I didn't like it as much as BotW, but I appreciate them trying something different in what may be becoming a new genre of games. I signed up for month of Uplay so I could play the game, and it's definitely worth it. I didn't like it nearly as much a BotW, but I give it a lot of credit for establishing its own identity and not just being a carbon copy. 84/100. Expand
  18. Dec 9, 2020
    I will say it if no one has yet or wanted to admitted to them selves (though i have not read all the reviews here) Immortals Fenix Rising in a whole ball of wax is better then Zelda BOTW. I am 44 played all Zelda's and beat them all (excluding some gameboy ones) Till now Zelda Ocarina was my all time adventure, puzzles, dungeon, equipment and boss battling game of all time. But as I saidI will say it if no one has yet or wanted to admitted to them selves (though i have not read all the reviews here) Immortals Fenix Rising in a whole ball of wax is better then Zelda BOTW. I am 44 played all Zelda's and beat them all (excluding some gameboy ones) Till now Zelda Ocarina was my all time adventure, puzzles, dungeon, equipment and boss battling game of all time. But as I said in the whole ball of wax IFR beats out BOTW please hear me out. Combat IFR is heads above in this expect, fast, fun, explosive combat with dodging and god powers. Ability tree that you unlock to open up more moves and solve more puzzles. The world this is another big one in my opinion that beats out BOTW, yes Hyrule was breathtaking but i am sure like myself you went out exploring the far reaches of the world. Secretes yes, a few here and there but empty lost opportunity huge vast areas never used for more then bulking the map. Yes again I felt that way about 30% of the time playing through BOTW. IFR is jam packed with secrets quest, chest, hidden boss battles and tons of POI. One review i read before i played mention he would have gave it a 9 instead of a 8 because once on the lookout points you scan the map to unlock exact legends icons. I was upset about this i thought there has to be a way to avoid this and explore on my own. Well butthead review guy, you made me believe, though you review and statements once you use lookout it shows all. How about you don't use Sight Beyond Sight like myself that way you see nothing and explore your heart out. Now BOTW does beat out the story of IFR there is no disagreement there. But the puzzles in IFR heck may double those of BOTW and the huge MAIN dungeons took me a good while to complete not 10-15 minutes. Yes the Castle was epic no doubt but 1 out 5 not so good. Look I know I sound like A BONEHEAD IDIOT knocking BOTW my intent is to stress how awesome IFR is as it's own game not just a fly by night Zelda rip off. You can all hate my review and what i sated . I would understand again i am a diehard original from nes, wii to the Switch Zelda fanboy! If this game is on your radar because you enjoy action puzzle boss battles dungeons then do not miss out. I apologize for my sacrilegious comments towards BOTW Expand
  19. Dec 5, 2020
    This is what Ubisoft needs to do more! New creative games that are different from the other typical ubisoft games. Finally a game with its own identity and zero bugs. Thank you ubisoft.
  20. Jan 30, 2021
    It's not a bad game, it's just not a great one, and virtually everything in it has already been done better in other games. For a game that was hyped as the ground breaking next generation of video games for so many years that is profoundly disappointing.
  21. Dec 7, 2020
    Ce jeu est super, difficile, la map est superbe, la mythologie grecque est racontée parfaitement avec une touche d humour qui m a beaucoup plus.❤
  22. Dec 17, 2020
    simple and fun brought me hours of fun and laughter. Imagine that Zelda: Breath Of The Wild and Assassins Creed Odyssey had a child, that one is called Immortal Fenyx Rising!
  23. Dec 7, 2020
    Do not compare this game with Zelda, please. I don't have Nintendo Switch like most people, and we need such kind of masterpiece on PC. I like this game because it is one of the most which force me to play it, I did not feel this for a long time with other games. It is a kind, light, and colorful story which gives you rest at end of the working day if you wanna find a challenge you haveDo not compare this game with Zelda, please. I don't have Nintendo Switch like most people, and we need such kind of masterpiece on PC. I like this game because it is one of the most which force me to play it, I did not feel this for a long time with other games. It is a kind, light, and colorful story which gives you rest at end of the working day if you wanna find a challenge you have other games, if you love only Zelda, please play it. But this game is something that we have waited for on PC. Humor is not bad, it is light and for any age. The story is catchy. It is not perfect, but many people will love it. Expand
  24. Dec 6, 2020
    This is a fun, beautiful, fast paced game very similar to BOTW. Only difference, I prefer this one better. From the funny cutscenes to the epic fighting matches, this game has it all and when I say beautiful, this game graphically, while simple, looks damn good. It’s a must buy in my book.
  25. Dec 4, 2020
    Zelda and Genshin are fun to play no matter what. It's just fun to fight enemies using their combat systems. Fenyx for me doesn't work that way. It feels like a super arcade game, PS2 Asterix and Obelix style, with a few abilities ripped out of modern AC games. Put a dummy in an untextured room and let the player fight it with Zelda combat - it's still fun, but let the player fight it withZelda and Genshin are fun to play no matter what. It's just fun to fight enemies using their combat systems. Fenyx for me doesn't work that way. It feels like a super arcade game, PS2 Asterix and Obelix style, with a few abilities ripped out of modern AC games. Put a dummy in an untextured room and let the player fight it with Zelda combat - it's still fun, but let the player fight it with Fenyx combat - it isn't. Expand
  26. Dec 4, 2020
    BEWARE OF CORRUPTED SAVES!

BEWARE OF CORRUPTED SAVES!

I'd been playing the PC version of this game for around five hours today, suddenly lost my connection to the Ubisoft launcher and when I tried to save the game so I could restart it, I was told that my save file was corrupted. It didn't matter how many times I tried to save; the files just immediately became corrupted and I had to shut down the game without making a manual save. As if that wasn't enough, it also turns out that this game's autosave function is godawful. When I launched it again, I found out that the last autosave was just an hour into the game, meaning I effectively lost roughly four hours of questing and exploring the map.

Since I can't know for sure the same thing won't happen again, there's simply no way I'm playing this game again anytime soon, maybe ever.
  27. Dec 5, 2020
    Easily the most fun I’ve had in an open world game in a long time! My game of the year without a shadow of a doubt.
  28. Dec 5, 2020
    Very cool game! This is the best attempt to recreate something like The Legend of Zelda. The world is full of content. It is also interesting to study the map. In General, the game is cool!
  29. Dec 4, 2020
    In short, it's a very good game. I am having great time playing, it's nice, it's fun, it is well balanced.
    + Combat are very dynamic: based on timing and counterattack at the beginning, it become more like a DMC-like as the skill trees are unlocked. It is very satisfying successfully create a chain of combos alternating damage/stun/stamina regeneration that decimates a boss that used to be a threat in early game. It gives a good feeling that Fenyx is becoming a demigod.
    + The exploration and dungeon are great too. Some puzzles are very easy, other are much challenging. The overall is well balanced. The game might be finished quite quickly if you rush the main quest, but you might lack DPS and abilities for the final fights.
    + Music are beautiful, poetic and epic. Gareth Coker did an amazing job.
    + Graphics are beautiful.
    +++ The skins from the store are just cosmetics and are FREE if you do daily quest Hermes’ currency.
    - The main character is a little bit disappointing… mostly if you want to play a male badass character, it will still look like a Ken doll. He/she also lacks some facial expressions.
    Of course the core system of open world exploration and puzzles in dungeons seem familiar after BOTW, but BOTW also took a lot from ACs and Far Crys... it is a good thing that games companies improved each other otherwise we wouldn't have a Ghost of Tsushima for example which is "AC in Japan". If you want a comparison, I think BOTW had better use of the physic for puzzles and better artistic direction as well as the poetic touch characteristic of all Zelda games. But I also preferred Immortals for other parts: no annoying go back and forth in the menus, much more dynamic combats, no weapon breaking, true ost (botw emptiness and silent was part of the experience but let’s be honest, it was also due to the poor performances of the console). I really loved BOTW but most comparisons from fanboys are in my opinions just dishonest and driven by fanaticism. The game is very good in its own rights. Its is beautiful, funny, rewarding and is against all expectations, it is an excellent way to learn about mythology. Yes, Greek gods were a group of bullies, and it is great that Ubisoft was able to expose their twisted nature even if the comedy soften their cruelty.
  30. Dec 6, 2020
    I love this game! It obviously took a lot of ideas from breath of the wild. But they executed it well, and in a complety different style that has you hooked immediately. You will get sucked into the depth of this world, and it will have you adventuring as much as you crave. Would highly recommend for anyone who likes the genre.
  31. Dec 4, 2020
    Gameplay: Combat feels REALLY good, you have your regular fast and heavy attacks and combined with the god abilities makes for really nice combos.
    Movement through the map is fast and it's easy to see where to go or how to get to the top of a hill/statue/whatever.
    Puzzles are fun and some can be a bit challenging, but there's nothing too crazy. Graphics: Beautiful, some parts kind of

Graphics: Beautiful, some parts kind of remind me of an art style often used in the 90s and early 2000s in a good way.

Story: Good story, nothing extremely deep, but fun and the game is genuinely funny

Performance: I'm playing on a PC, I've had 0 issues. No frame drops, no bugs, glitches or crashes. However it is an open world game so there should be at least a few bugs somewhere, I just haven't seen any.

All in all this game is just a better version of Breath of the Wild
  32. Dec 13, 2020
    Really really good game. you´ll never get bored with this one. Better than Zelda in my opinion.
  33. Dec 10, 2020
    It looks gorgeous and the type of game we have been waiting for on PC, like prince of Persia and Zelda had a baby
  34. Feb 15, 2021
    It took 25 hours for me to finish the game. I'm an amateur player and it was a lot of fun for me. Most of the players didn't like the game because they compared the game with Zelda. It will change lots of thing if we compare games like that. I admire Greek mythology so this game is just for me to play and enjoy. But it repeats itself all the time. All of the puzzles are the sameIt took 25 hours for me to finish the game. I'm an amateur player and it was a lot of fun for me. Most of the players didn't like the game because they compared the game with Zelda. It will change lots of thing if we compare games like that. I admire Greek mythology so this game is just for me to play and enjoy. But it repeats itself all the time. All of the puzzles are the same approximately. One of the most important things is this game is just like AC:Odyssey and you know what? AC:Odyssey is one of my favourites. Expand
  35. Dec 29, 2020
    I was surprised by how fun this game is. The combat is satisfying and you have a large enough pool of moves to call upon depending on the situation. There are perks for each combat skill that you can spend skill points on, which can change combat drastically. Although since these 'trees' are only a few moves deep, you can get a pretty overpowered attack very early into the game (since theyI was surprised by how fun this game is. The combat is satisfying and you have a large enough pool of moves to call upon depending on the situation. There are perks for each combat skill that you can spend skill points on, which can change combat drastically. Although since these 'trees' are only a few moves deep, you can get a pretty overpowered attack very early into the game (since they aren't gated in any way for the most part). But all in all the combat is a strong point.

The world looks nice enough, with a style that reminds me of World of Warcraft's, but with a lot more verticality. The various biomes differ enough to keep them fresh, but don't really feature differing enemy types, which would have been welcome. The characters are in the PS2 style from games like Jax and Daxter and Fable, and around the complexity level of Kingdom Hearts games but they benefit from modern textures , modeling and animation.. The dialog is light hearted but also conveys the personalities of the various gods nicely, and Fenyx is fine enough as a character, if a little too enamored with their older brother's prowess for reasons which are given in exposition rather than deeds that we see onscreen.

The 'Vaults of Tartarus' (aka BoTW's Shrines) have a good variety of puzzle types, where a theme of puzzle is repeated within the vault, increasing in complexity in each iteration. These puzzle types generally don't repeat outside of the vault. The open world puzzles do rely a bit too much on the breakable blocks and pressure plates, but this is compensated for by the vaults.

The quests have a great variety, and there are no fetch or 'kill X of Y enemy' quests in the main story, where each quest has a narrative purpose and feels logical. The more MMO style 'side quests', are
    reserved for non-essential and cosmetic equipment upgrades, and many of them can be completed incidentally whilst playing through the story.

I feel this is a pretty divisive game, you either love it or hate it, but i hope this overview helps.

PROS:
    - Main quests are fun and make narrative sense
    - Combat is fluid and satisfying
    - Vaults have a good variety of puzzles and their physics works well.
    - Light hearted atmosphere
    - Pretty but simplistic visuals.
    - Decent music

CONS:
    - Equipment variations just give minor perks and a differing appearance
    - Too easy to spec into an overpowered combat skill early
    - Enemy variety is not quite enough
  36. Dec 5, 2020
    I'm not a fan of open world games because of the "time waster" activities devs use to extend gameplay. But Ubisoft nailed this kind of game finally and i love every piece of the world.
    And we need more Greek Mythology themed games. (I'm not a greek)
  37. Dec 16, 2020
    another zelda clone
    and we make it ubisoft exclusive
    wow....
    wait for a big sale or let it be
  38. Dec 12, 2020
    Ubisoft really impress me this time, the game is so enjoyable and crispy, well done
  39. Dec 5, 2020
    Although this game takes points from Botw, you can tell that devs have poured their love and effort into making this game. The humor is spot on. The exploration is fantastic. This game is a hidden gem which deserves more outreach.
  40. Dec 4, 2020
    this is the most generic open world action adventure ubisoft game if you played zelda or ac oddesyy there's nothing new here if u have money go get cyberpunk or smth
  41. Dec 6, 2020
    Just changing the combat style is not gonna do any good. I feel it as a badly made clone.
  42. Dec 5, 2020
    The base of the Game is similar to Zelda Breath of the Wild. Some stupid side-jokes aside. The Combat is faster, crafting more casual and you use up less time running around open world. If you like open world RPG's like AC or Zelda you should check this out.
  43. Dec 18, 2020
    It is a bad copy of zelda.This is the type of game that looks good when you start playing it, but the longer you go on, the more repetitive and exhausting it becomes
  44. Dec 6, 2020
    Christ on a bike this is bad. From the awful, awful jokey dialogue to the frustrating, boring and omni-present puzzles, it's a bad time all round.

Where BOTW had charm, mystery, life and polish, this game has uninspired enemies, insipid jokes, frustrating gameplay elements and bugs. It's not even very pretty, everything looks mashed together without any thought to aesthetic design.

Avoid.
  45. Dec 30, 2020
    I have really enjoyed this game so much. I was drawn to it for the art style, I love that type of lush and beautiful fantasy world, the character creation and customisation..but I stayed to complete the game because I fell in love with Fenyx and her story.

I really really am not a fan of puzzle games and there were times I was getting stressed and frustrated especially as my fingers just couldn't get the jumps and keyboard co-ordination right but apart from that I had no troubles.

(Well lots and lots of crashes and freezes but Im used to those)

The amounts of armours and weapons to find was wonderful. I also loved all the customisation options like hairstyles and eye colours, skin colours, I really looked forward to getting back to the hall of the Gods to try on new armour with different hair colours and eye colours.

I must say i was also impressed with the designs of the armours, I think there was something for everyone, heavier armours, lighter ones, really pretty materials, some with little glitter effects. My favorite was the blue and white glittery toga, it was gorgeous!!

Why couldn't the other game released recently have been more like this?

I really really hope this game gets game of the year because to me its a smashing game, not completely my style but absolutely beautifully made and a treat to play.
  46. Mar 17, 2021
    I'm very surprised.
    The game is just amazing.
    1. The graphics are very beautiful
    2. The jokes add a lot
    3. The missions with the gods are very varied
    4. Lots to do on the map
    5. Endless, challenging puzzles

I told myself playing the game would be fun. But wow how much fun I had.
    I play almost every game, no doubt I'm glad I did not miss this amazing game.
  47. Feb 2, 2021
    From the first trailer of the game when it was named gods and monsters I was interested in this game, and I wasn't disappointed.
    True the story of the game is not even in the same league of God of War of the Witcher but it was funny and gave me a good time specially this twists done the on Greek gods
    The gameplay is solid but not complicated to make it hard to master and the art if fantastic
    This game give me at least 40 hors of good gameplay and also gave me the hope still having good single player games from Ubisoft
  48. Mar 26, 2021
    Appealing open world game
    Great gameplay
    Great graphics
    Animation is great too
    It takes the best from other games such as ZELDA breath of the wild, SEKIRO, Trine 3..
    Nice weapon upgrading system
    It is a rewarding game; it rewards you continuously as you progress in the game.
  49. Dec 23, 2020
    Woah! What a game, It's like the perfect mixture of Fable/Zelda but with Ubisoft's fantastic open-world - Absolutely Worth it. The only downside is the occasional lousy dialogue choices but the incredible gameplay quickly makes you forget the small rough edges. Beautifully Crafted Game.
  50. Mar 27, 2021
    Immortals Femyx Rising
    Gods and Monsters
    Not to be confused ith the energy drink.. this is a video game… a video game that gets constant comparrisons to the liked of Zelda breath of the wild.. a game I’ve yet to play.. and I game I hope clicks with me more than this one… Zeus needs help, the greek gods are in trouble, all of the mortals are stone.. except for one of course.. you… you
    Immortals Femyx Rising
    Gods and Monsters
    Zeus needs help, the greek gods are in trouble, all of the mortals are stone.. except for one of course.. you… you creae your character and its off to helping zeus and the rest of the gods in this open world puzzle game… and if there weren’t such a large emphises on the puzzle part, this game as series has such great potential… for starters this world is beautiful, though there are crashing issues is you play in pretty mode vs the run better mode on the playstations 5… here youll be running around, collecting items to craft consumables, find gear, and collect shards to upgrade your gear and character, run around and complete tasks for the different gods and gain new abilities.. if it stopped there I would be fine, run around this opwen world with sections that feel and look different enough reperesenting each god you help… all while the game hilariously narrates for you… a real highlight… I could’ve loved immortals fenyx.. but its insistence to try and be a breath of a wild clones, sucked away all of its charm and left immortals fenyx risings feeling like a good.. yet soulless game… its cookie cutter, and what were left with if unfun combat, and boring drug out puzzles.. the vaults are half of the game and theyre just awful.. they have their moments of being fun brain teasesers… but these puzzles show up way too frequently in your 13 plus hour journey… and I dreaded them every time.. im not a big fan of puzzles in general… but when theres essentially puzzle rooms vs environmental puzzles, I hate it even more… just let me build up my charcters, sneak around, tame and kill things while my boy zeus makes awful jokes.. that’s all I wanna do… but fenyx rising sortve blows its load for me.. if you’ve played journey to the savage planet.. it’s the same kind of thing… youre smacked with charm, mystery and immersion.. and then everything else feels lackluster in ocmparision to the greatness the adventure starts with…
    While I can appreciate that this is objectively a good game that plenty will love… for me this was a game that kept throwing school work at me when all I wanted to do was play at recess… and once I get out to recess its like oh, its raining.. youre playing in the gym today, not the playground like youre used to doing.. meaning that this world is just a chore to even get around in.. the whole stamina whil you run, climb, swim, and soar thing can be fun if done right.. its not done right here.. its annoying and just makes traversal not fun.. . but I am again just speaking for myself.. for me the combat gt stale fast, the traversal becomes annoying fast, and the puzzles get annoying boring and overwhelming fast… what am I doing playing this?
    for a lot of people though theyre hearing this review being all like. Yeha this is what I want, imam buy this right now.. I get it.. tis a good game, just not for me.
    I give Immortals Fenyx Rising
    a 7/10
  51. Dec 18, 2020
    I didn't think I would like this game but it has turned out to my best game of 2000. It's amazing fun and everything works and feels perfectly placed. This has to be the feather in UBisofts hat, and has redeemed them after the poor quality of Valhalla and WD legions releases.
    Buy it, honestly you will love it.
    Fenyx is the surprise shinning gem of the year. It loses a star because
    Buy it, honestly you will love it.
    Fenyx is the surprise shinning gem of the year.

It loses a star because of the monster difficulty curve is a bit overwhelming. Monster difficulty raises far to fast eventually making progress extremely hard.
  52. Jan 3, 2021
    Gorgeous game. I love solving puzzles, exploring dungeons, exploring a beautiful world. An excellent combat system and beautiful charismatic characters.
  53. Dec 12, 2020
    Fun but simple gameplay, tho it has nothing really that original other than the great storytelling. It is a great fundation for a new franchise.
  54. May 20, 2021
    Fresh, with sense of humour, just to enjoy, i’m loving this game. If you like greek myth
  55. Dec 24, 2020
    Beautiful game. Clearly aimed at a younger audience, yet playable by adults. The story is based on Greek myths. Some Gods were more interesting then others and I like ending a lot. This is a Zelda clone and the graphics are really great. The combat is smooth but the lock feature was engaging by accident way too much. The map has discovery points like AC, but I really dislike the revealBeautiful game. Clearly aimed at a younger audience, yet playable by adults. The story is based on Greek myths. Some Gods were more interesting then others and I like ending a lot. This is a Zelda clone and the graphics are really great. The combat is smooth but the lock feature was engaging by accident way too much. The map has discovery points like AC, but I really dislike the reveal stuff. It was more an exercise of patience then a game feature. The game lasted 50 hours, with around 65% completion. I give it 85%. Good job and clearly inspired of Zelda and AC Odyssey. Expand
  56. Dec 5, 2020
    Jugabilidad
    Jugabilidad
    - Todos los que hayáis probado un Zelda Breath of the Wild o más recientemente el multiplataforma gratuito Genshin Impact encontraréis en este immortals fenix rising una jugabilidad ya conocida. Manejamos a un personaje el cual podemos editar no sólo antes de empezar partida sino también durante. Una vez dentro del mundo que nos han preparado los chicos de Ubiusoft Quebec, nos encontramos con una escena que resulta familiar, un basto mundo listo para ser explorado plagad de puzzles, cofres y otros puntos de interés, donde para alcanzar determinados puntos del mapa o superar desafíos tendremos que hacer uso de las múltiples posibilidades que ofrece el juego como volar, saltar, o hacer levitar grandes rocas u objetos que deberán ser colocados cuidadosamente en puntos clave para abrirnos camino. Si lo que te interesa es saber como avanzar en la historia e ir desbloqueando el mapa sin duda deberas subir las características a tu personaje y en Immortals Fenix Rising tienes varias opciones. Subir la vida utilizando un elemento que encontraras por el mundo denominado ambrosía, subir la resistencia resolviendo mazmorras y obteniendo rayo de Zéus y por supuesto podrás mejorar tus habilidades obteniendo moneda del juego que podrás conseguir completando misiones de encargo.
    Gráficos
    - El juego sale de la norma de gráficos hiperrealistas a la que ubisoft nos tiene tan acostumbrados para atreverse con algo nuevo, un estilo cartoon de temática grecoromana que le sienta fabulosamente al juego y aunque antes hemos dicho que no es gráficamente hiperrealista las físicas que utiliza si lo son y podrás ver como diferentes elementos del juego responden a elemntos tan realistas como la gravedad
    Música
    - En el apartado sonoro nos encontramos ante uno de esos títulos épicos con banda sonora propia. Ademas el doblaje al español saca a relucir los grandes profesionales del sector que tenemos en nuestro país. Todo esta dispuesto para que desde el minuto uno te sientas dentro de tu personaje, un valiente héroe dispuesto a descubrir todos los secretos que a lo largo y ancho del mapa.
    Historia
    - A nivel narrativo nos encontramos con una historia que tiene sus luces y sombras, aunque a mi parecer es uno de los puntos menos fuertes del juego no deja de ser algo totalmente objetivo y que por otra parte sin ella el juego quedaría cojo de propósito, quizás peca de repetitivismo poético cayendo en el chiste fácil recurrentemente. Puede que al final sea cuestión de acostumbrarse al estilo narrativo que han querido dar a este Immortals Fenyx Rising y quien sabe quizás en un futuro quieran dotarlo de un modo multijugador para que tu y tus amigos podáis crear vuestra propia historia, pero por el momento la acción será para un solo jugador.
  57. Feb 24, 2021
    Game is pretty good in my opinion. It has all the elements you'd like from games like Assassin's Creed or The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild but in a somewhat fresh and not too serious context.

Positives: -A lot of puzzles -Big open world -Character customization in-game (Not too deep but it's there) -Armor sets, helmets, bows, swords, axes and skills as well as Godly powers.

Positives:

-A lot of puzzles
    -Big open world
    -Character customization in-game (Not too deep but it's there)
    -Armor sets, helmets, bows, swords, axes and skills as well as Godly powers.
    -Funny dialogues
    -Art style.
    -Purposely goofy character animations when upgrading stuff. (It will remind you a lot of Fable 1).

Negatives:

-Grinding... a lot.
    -Once you have a decent amount of skills unlocked you will be OP and enemies will be really easy to defeat.
    -Protagonist is not that well developed.

If you want to try it i recommend to wait until is under $30. Game is really good but, if you have to choose, there's better options out there.
  58. Feb 23, 2021
    Flying mechanics suck and level design makes no sense, you can't give me a trial mission close to the start of the game without explaining what you're supposed to do, how can you jump 5 times your height without advanced skills? The trial says it gives you all the abilities you need but not even close.
  59. Jan 1, 2021
    Honestly guys, I wasn't sure about this so I got Ubisoft+ for a month to give it a go and I was just blown away !! I was laughing , smiling throughout... What a brilliant game. I've never played the games that others reference this akin, so this was totally new to me. Wonderful funny.

Great gameplay, fighting, dungeons, puzzles, graphics, rpg elements..it's very good. I've given it an

I've given it an 8/10 maybe a 9 if i could fly up :P

Well worth it, I bought it from Ubisoft after hours n hours of play.

Give it a go it's very good.
  60. Apr 30, 2021
    Одна из не многих игр юбисофт которая очень понравилась.. спасибо разработчикам за создание этого шедевра.
  61. Mar 31, 2021
    ---{Graphics}---
    ☐ Beautiful
    X Good ☐ Decent ☐ Bad ☐ Don‘t look too long at it ---{Gameplay}--- ☐ Addictive X Good ☐ Mediocre ☐ Mehh ☐ Irresponsible ---{Audio}--- ☐ Very good X Good ☐ Bad ☐ I'm now deaf ---{Audience}--- ☐ Kids ☐ Teens ☐ Adults X All ---{Difficulity}--- ☐ Easy X Significant brain usage ☐ Easy to learn / Hard to master ☐ Difficult
    ---{Graphics}---
    ☐ Beautiful
    ☐ Decent
    ☐ Bad
    ☐ Don‘t look too long at it

---{Gameplay}---

---{Price}---
    ☐ It’s free [or i get free]
    ☐ Worth the price
    X Worth it in a promo
    ☐ If u have some spare money left ☐ Not recommended ---{Bugs}--- ☐ Never heard of X Minor bugs ☐ Can get annoying ☐ ARK: Survival Evolved ---{Optimization}--- ☐ Extract everything from cpu and gpu X Engine not as efficient, but very playable ☐ Assassin's Creed Odyssey Level
  62. Dec 20, 2020
    What a neat game, I give Ubisoft credit for coming up with something truly unique. The combat is fun, the puzzle dungeons are really interesting and clever, story is decent. Crafting is pretty basic, and enemies don't drop loot (you get it from chests mainly), and the narration is a little too 'whimsical' for my tastes, but overall I rate this game way above average. I would actuallyWhat a neat game, I give Ubisoft credit for coming up with something truly unique. The combat is fun, the puzzle dungeons are really interesting and clever, story is decent. Crafting is pretty basic, and enemies don't drop loot (you get it from chests mainly), and the narration is a little too 'whimsical' for my tastes, but overall I rate this game way above average. I would actually rate this more like an 8.7. Expand
  63. Jan 23, 2021
    Fantastic open world adventure. It is a bit a mix of Assassins Creed, Zelda BOTW and God of War but in a good way. It contain an adventure for 60 hours and more. Nice graphics and a very nice story!
  64. Jan 11, 2021
    Not enough Greek Mythology games out there, thank you Ubisoft, this was actually...brilliant :)
  65. Jan 2, 2021
    It is Ubisoft's Botw and that's a good thing and it's better in a # of ways imo. 1. Fenyx is faster and has way more mobility in general. 2. I prefer the humorous western style narrative character over Zelda's Shonen anime one. 3. The map is more dense, it's one of the few times the Ubisoft clutter actually works bc of the freedom you have to mess around and how fun it is to travelIt is Ubisoft's Botw and that's a good thing and it's better in a # of ways imo. 1. Fenyx is faster and has way more mobility in general. 2. I prefer the humorous western style narrative character over Zelda's Shonen anime one. 3. The map is more dense, it's one of the few times the Ubisoft clutter actually works bc of the freedom you have to mess around and how fun it is to travel mechanically as opposed to other Ubi games. 4. It's a faster paced game, BOTW's mechanics tend to take more time and be more methodical, in Fenyx you're constantly moving and things happen quickly. 4.It's on way more platforms, and it not being a high spec game, it can easily get 60fps at a hi res.

Overall it's fun in the exact ways Botw is but with its own unique style, and feels like it Ubi Montreal had a lot of heart and fun put into this. It also feels like the game they wanted to make over AC Oddessy, where the world is actually interesting and fun to explore VS just assets thrown about. I wasted so much time just exploring and getting into puzzles and shenanigans before focusing on the story missions.
  66. Mar 28, 2021
    This game is just awesome!
    Don't be fooled by it's cartoonish appearance.
    This game has a lot to offer. A must play!
  67. Dec 8, 2020
    The simplest way to describe this game is that it’s a funny version of Zelda. It does lack in originality but it makes up for that in cool characters and awesome fighting.
  68. Jan 2, 2021
    Ubisoft has made an epic title here. I set 9 out of 10 because the combat sometimes feels "empty". I mean, is really enjoyable but when you hit an enemy there's a lack of "strength" in the hit. Other than that, zero bugs, really fun, big world, nice combos. A must buy.
  69. Jan 10, 2021
    The best Ubisoft game. This game is better than last Assassin Creed Valhalla
  70. Jan 11, 2021
    La mezcla perfecta entre Zelda, Assassins Creed, y le encontré algunas mecanicas parecidas a los antiguos God of War de PS2. Recomendado!
  71. Dec 25, 2020
    I really loved the game. I enjoyed while solving puzzles and exploring its world. The combat is also good but nothing can beat the storytelling it's damn funny and enjoyable!
  72. Feb 9, 2021
    В целом нормально. Простенькое управление, открытый мир, не перегруженное дерево навыков позволяет неплохо расслабиться. Юмор уместен. Классно вписывается в прохождение.
    из минусов. Ужасная локализация на русский язык. Иногда персонажи явно что-то говорят, а из динамиков только музыка. Русский голос женского персонажа пытка для моих ушей. В итоге ушел на оригинальную озвучку.
  73. Dec 6, 2020
    Decent game, similar to Odyssey as it's the same dev team.
    + Good combat
    + Beautiful visuals

+/- it doesn't do anything exceptional, but all elements are decently good. it's a very generic, forgettable game

- Too many cutscenes, unskippable
    - Puzzles are tiring and bothersome rather than difficult
  74. Dec 9, 2020
    The game is better than BOTW in so many ways from dialogue to story, The weapons don't break. The music is more better than BOTW's music which is noninexistant. Fenyx rising is one of Ubisoft's finest games. The puzzles in this game outshines the ones in botw.
  75. Dec 7, 2020
    Amazingly done! Good job Ubisoft, a perfect game for holiday and beyond. Verry Good puzzles, gameplays, dialogue, combat, story telling, and the open world experience.
  76. Mar 4, 2021
    Bulmaca oyunlarını ve oyunların içinde bulmaca geçen kısımlarını hiç sevmem. Bu oyunda ise yüzlerce bulmaca var. Buna rağmen bulmacalı kısımları sevdim. Çünkü kolaylardı. Benim gibi bulmaca özürlü birisi için bile basitlerdi. Bulmacalar oyunun combat mekaniğinden ve hikayesinden daha başarılıydı. En azından ilk yarısında. Çünkü bir süre sonra sıktı. Çünkü genel mantığı hep aynıydı. DiğerBulmaca oyunlarını ve oyunların içinde bulmaca geçen kısımlarını hiç sevmem. Bu oyunda ise yüzlerce bulmaca var. Buna rağmen bulmacalı kısımları sevdim. Çünkü kolaylardı. Benim gibi bulmaca özürlü birisi için bile basitlerdi. Bulmacalar oyunun combat mekaniğinden ve hikayesinden daha başarılıydı. En azından ilk yarısında. Çünkü bir süre sonra sıktı. Çünkü genel mantığı hep aynıydı. Diğer yandan oyunda çok çabuk güçlendim ve bir süre sonra boss'ları bile hasar almadan yenmeye başladım. Daha da kötüsü oyun size yeni combat yetenekleri vermediği ve düşmanlar da çeşitlenmediği için oyun ilk yarısından sonra sıkıcı olmaya başladı.
    Senaryo ise günümüz ponçik havasına çok uygun. Bütün oyun boyunca bütün tanrılarla girdiğimiz "Kusurların mı var, hiç önemli değil, seni güçlü kılan bu kusurların zaten, kimsenin sana bir şey demesine izin verme" muhabbetleriydi. Bir değil iki değil, bir yerden sonra o da sıktı. Son boss savaşında tanrıların bize yardıma geldiği yerler çok kötü yapılmış. Animasyon giriyor ama ne düşmana bir hasar veriyor ne de beraber savaşabiliyoruz. Aile konsepti vermeye çalışmışlar ama tutmamış.
    Oyunun macera ve keşif hissini beğendim. Uzaktan gördüğünüz bir dağa veya adaya gitmek istiyorsunuz. Gittiğinizde ya bir hazine ya da bir boss ile karşılaşıyorsunuz. İstediğiniz zaman istediğiniz yere gidebilirsiniz. Tabii güçsüzseniz ölürsünüz o ayrı. Ama oyun sizi sınırlandırmıyor.

Bu macera hissini artırmak için açık dünyada npc'ler ve onlardan aldığımız güzel hikayeli yan görevler olsaymış keşke. Böyle epey boş bir dünya olmuş.

Craft sistemi basit olmuş. Bu oyuna iyi gitmiş bence. Ancak keşke combat skilleri daha fazla olsaydı. Çünkü hepsini elde etmek çok kolay ve bir yerden sonra bayıyor. Bunun asıl nedeni ise silah çeşitliliği olmaması. kılıç, balta ve okunuz var. bunlar değişebiliyor ama sadece istatistik olarak. Onun dışında farklı silahlar eklenerek (balyoz, çift el hançer, uzun kılıç, mızrak gibi) oynanış çok daha çeşitli ve keyifli olabilirmiş.

Oyunun mizahı fena değildi. Bu mizahi yönünü genel hikayeye de verselerdi keşke. Kişisel gelişim muhabbetlerine tercih ederdim.

Kısacası oyun hemen her departmanda belli bir seviyeye kadar iyi ama hiçbirinde o çıtayı aşamamış. Vasat veya vasatın bir tık üstü.
  77. Dec 7, 2020
    Old peculiar Tomb Raider Puzzle, Dark Souls, Assassin Creed Odyssey, Strange Brigade (chat),
    I am very happy. However, Puzzle is really really really difficult. I spent almost 2 hours one of dungeons
  78. Dec 9, 2020
    I honestly believe giving anything below 85 is unjustified for this game. Despite being heavily dismissed as another clone of BOTW, this game feels and plays unique enough to make it stand out from similar games. Abundance of content without feeling too bloated. Rewarding exploration. Memorable characters, each with appealing arc and narratives. This is one of those games that makes youI honestly believe giving anything below 85 is unjustified for this game. Despite being heavily dismissed as another clone of BOTW, this game feels and plays unique enough to make it stand out from similar games. Abundance of content without feeling too bloated. Rewarding exploration. Memorable characters, each with appealing arc and narratives. This is one of those games that makes you remember that game is supposed to be entertaining, above all things. I can see, and really hope that this will be expanded into multiple series, as a fine collection to Ubisoft's ever-growing IPs. Expand
  79. Dec 27, 2020
    This game came to a surprise to me, as I didn’t know it was coming out. After seeing reviews I downloaded it and have been loving it! Seriously underrated game! The gameplay is like a mix of old god of war, and new assassins creed. It’s beautiful, it’s fun. The puzzles are great. A wide variety of puzzle like gameplay. Fighting style is old god of war. More of a simple hack and slasher butThis game came to a surprise to me, as I didn’t know it was coming out. After seeing reviews I downloaded it and have been loving it! Seriously underrated game! The gameplay is like a mix of old god of war, and new assassins creed. It’s beautiful, it’s fun. The puzzles are great. A wide variety of puzzle like gameplay. Fighting style is old god of war. More of a simple hack and slasher but it’s great. A bit of stealth used for bigger fights. The game is great! Just getting cyberpunk, assassins creed Valhalla, and this game, this game gets my time. It’s great fun! Expand
  80. Dec 31, 2020
    Comparing this game to Breath of the Wild or Assassins Creed: Odyssey is like saying Battlefield is a COD copycat or Sonic is the same as Mario because it’s 2D platform we. Even though there are similarities between Immortals and Zelda, this is its own entity entirely. Fans of Greek mythology will have enough enjoyment with the story to justify the purchase, & open world action enthusiastsComparing this game to Breath of the Wild or Assassins Creed: Odyssey is like saying Battlefield is a COD copycat or Sonic is the same as Mario because it’s 2D platform we. Even though there are similarities between Immortals and Zelda, this is its own entity entirely. Fans of Greek mythology will have enough enjoyment with the story to justify the purchase, & open world action enthusiasts can drop hours into entertaining side missions without touching the main story. The combat feels fresh with every turn as the upgrade system is perfectly paced, and when tough boss encounters are met, it doesn’t take long to go back and find the necessary upgrades to smash that pesky demon. The aesthetic upgrades are not hollow as they add boosts to your skill set so you may tailor to your play style. Visually the game is vibrant, colorful, and a joy to traverse on foot, by air, or by horseback. Although I usually found the boots on the ground approach the most fun as you’re sure to run into a chest or two that you might have missed while scanning the environment from a mountain top. My biggest knock on the game is that it doesn’t look nearly as good as it should on a 4K UHD TV while running on an X box one S. My initial thought when first playing was the Fable 3 still looks better than this game does at times, and while this could be a killer for most people (rightfully so) the game is just so damn fun I stopped caring about the pixelated trees and birds less than an hour in. The puzzles are a fun addition and while they won’t keep you up at night wondering how to solve them, at least 1/10 will make you stop and plan out a few moves in advance. The writing is solid and the voice actors make the narration by Zeus and Prometheus hilarious to listen to as the two often poke fun at their own ridiculous antics. I have had an absolute blast with this game, and it is one of the best games I have played in years. Expand
  81. Mar 3, 2021
    Really good game, i havent played a single player game this good in a long time.
    Genshin impact dosent even come close to the level of polish this game has.
  82. Dec 7, 2020
    Immortals Fenyx Rising was a strange game for me I really liked some features but also disliked a lot. I'm a bit of a Assassin's Creed fan so when I heard about Immortals it really intrigued me. Now first off we'll talk about the positives. I love the graphics and music I also liked how you could customise your character and change what armour and weapons you wanted the appearance of soImmortals Fenyx Rising was a strange game for me I really liked some features but also disliked a lot. I'm a bit of a Assassin's Creed fan so when I heard about Immortals it really intrigued me. Now first off we'll talk about the positives. I love the graphics and music I also liked how you could customise your character and change what armour and weapons you wanted the appearance of so making your character look unique wasn't hard.

Now the negatives... I really disliked the humour and cheesy dialogue I also lost interest in the repetitive puzzles and vaults around the open word and I was excited to see and use the upgrade system but sadly that also disappointed me and was very lackluster.

Overall my experience was okay I didn't find any bugs in my time playing and it ran well on my computer. I'm just disappointed I guess it didn't really keep me hooked and I got bored fast.
  83. Dec 7, 2020
    I'm only about 4 hours in so far but am enjoying it much more than i did BOTW. BOTW is a fantastic game and I'd say more challenging but from a fun factor Immortals has it beat. You can jump right in and not feel completely lost. Time flies with this game in a good way.
  84. Dec 11, 2020
    This is a really good game and especially a really FUN game, i really dont understand why critics are giving bad marks to it. The dialogue is amazingly funny and the jokes are really on point. It has a lot of puzzles but they are all different and nice. The combat is really nice and enjoyable. It the final i truly recommend this game to anyone who wants to have a lot of fun and to enjoy aThis is a really good game and especially a really FUN game, i really dont understand why critics are giving bad marks to it. The dialogue is amazingly funny and the jokes are really on point. It has a lot of puzzles but they are all different and nice. The combat is really nice and enjoyable. It the final i truly recommend this game to anyone who wants to have a lot of fun and to enjoy a relaxing game. Expand
  85. VFE
    Dec 19, 2020
    Quelle belle surprise . Magnifique jeu avec un gameplay riche, très fluide et souvent innovent .
    Le gameplay est vraiment un cran au dessus d assasins creed Valhalla.
    Riche en couleurs, ce jeu vous plonge dans un monde splendide et plein de charme. La narration est originale avec un humour bien dosé . Jai pris plaisir a écouter les cinématiques (ce qui est très rare). J ai beaucoup
    Le gameplay est vraiment un cran au dessus d assasins creed Valhalla.
    J ai beaucoup apprécié les très nombreuses énigmes qui sont parfois difficiles a résoudre.
    L interface est très bien faite et facile a prendre en main.
    Cote technique, le jeu tourne comme un charme (bien optimisé) et HDR est très bien implémenté. Les couleurs sont incroyablement belles.
    Je recommande fortement Immortals Fenyx Rising. Bravo Ubisoft Quebec.
  86. Dec 17, 2020
    Great game! I like it very much. Puzzles and combat system are very good. Everyone must buy it and play!
  87. Dec 22, 2020
    Jogo muito bonito, personagens carismaticos engraçados, mundo aberto gigantesco.
  88. Dec 22, 2020
    Really fun, light-hearted game that is beautiful. I enjoy the story and I enjoy more that it's not overly serious or violent. Don't get me wrong, it is a GREAT game, but I also love that it doesn't take itself too seriously. Fun to play. The puzzles so far are challenging, but never get too frustrating.
  89. Dec 23, 2020
    Excellent open world game is liks botw with assasian creed and some witcher 3
  90. Dec 25, 2020
    Trama e personaggi troppo semplici e spesso bizzarri, buona grafica, semplice ma efficace. Peccato per la presenza di Denuvo che ne limita le performance. Sistema di combattimento validissimo, molto divertente e piacevole.
  91. Dec 26, 2020
    I thought it was a BotW clone but this game has some soul of it's own. Only draw back so far is I with the flying had more mechanics; give me some flaps or aerial styling, I can't even do a barrel roll! lol
  92. Dec 27, 2020
    I don't remember when I last time get fun only from collecting everything from the map and it's not boring. The game is constructed well and I love this graphic. I play on stadia since after one polish game I decide to leave my ps4
  93. Jan 9, 2021
    A somewhat overlooked gem.
    Unfortunately this game has been overshadowed by the noise of other (controversial) grand NextGen Releases in December 2020. It copies Breath of the Wild a lot, but also improves its concepts. The first 40 hours are a lot of fun, and especially the vaults with puzzles and platforming challenges prevent the game from becoming too repetetive.
    After around 40
    A somewhat overlooked gem.
    After around 40 hours, however, your character is maxed out and then gets boring sometimes.
    It took me 60 hours to finish the game, with only a few chests unopened.
    I highly recommend it, even at full price.
  94. Jan 29, 2021
    Ran well at 60 fps on ultra at 21:9 with a 2060 super. No bugs / glitches in the 35 hours it took me to beat the game.

The gameplay is a A-. The story is a C. Graphics and graphic options are a B. Balance / character progression is a B. The game is fun, but at a certain point becomes repetitive / stale. I found the humorous dialogue engaging at first, but got tired of it. In

The game is fun, but at a certain point becomes repetitive / stale. I found the humorous dialogue engaging at first, but got tired of it. In the final cinematic I was literally yawning. Also, there needs to be a greater variety of enemies. Wish you could fight off the mount as well.

The graphics are nice but there aren't that many options for tweaking them. Ultrawide support is great. Art style is nice but I found the art of the gods a little to childish looking.

Plenty of puzzles but at a certain point you don't need to do all of them. Found myself skipping the last 1/3 of the vaults because I didn't need them to beat the game.

Overall, the game is open world, but fails to feel like an adventure. It is a decent time waster, and some of the puzzles will make your brain tick, but because the character progression feels unbalanced, you ultimately loose incentive to complete all the puzzles. I think the game is a B+.
  95. Mar 3, 2021
    Spider-Man 3 is the best movie that Spider-Man made. Since its release in 2007, critics have spent countless hours analyzing every frame, every scene, every line of dialogue in search of its many subdued themes and messages. Like Garfield, Spider-Man 3 is a film about layers; on the surface, it's your typical thrill-a-minute Blockbuster with cutting-edge special effects, but upon furtherSpider-Man 3 is the best movie that Spider-Man made. Since its release in 2007, critics have spent countless hours analyzing every frame, every scene, every line of dialogue in search of its many subdued themes and messages. Like Garfield, Spider-Man 3 is a film about layers; on the surface, it's your typical thrill-a-minute Blockbuster with cutting-edge special effects, but upon further viewing your start to understand this is merely a façade - a false attempt to placate a broader audience. In superhero movies, you can only tell two different stories, really, the origin story or a story about heroes learning to work together as a team. Spider-Man 3 shatters expectations by not giving you the rise of Spider-Man, but rather the fall. Peter Parker becomes tangled, if you will, in a web of violence and deceit, and ultimately, becomes the villain. The movie starts with Pete. He sees his best friend, James Franco and he clotheslines him down an alley and kills him. Then we're introduced to Sandman, who we learn is a great father trying to save up enough money for his daughter's surgery. So Spider-Man gets wind of this and kills him in a sewer. Then the city throws a parade for Spider-Man and he kisses some bimbo, right in front of his girlfriend, then he meets this guy, who is actually his biggest fan. Up to this part, I kinda figured out that maybe Spider-Man is just having a bad day. We all know he's good guy at heart. But then **** stupid-ass James Franco starts being alive again, so Mary Jane dumps Spider-Man, for no good reason and then she says she's seeing another guy. Spider-Man in a state of such distraught and fragility goes to the only guy he thought he could trust, James Franco, who goes: "I'm the other guy" **** backstabbing piece of **** James Franco. Now this scene is essential, Peter looks back in the café and that little **** winks at him and then boom! like that he's gone. Now the question is... where the hell did he go? The truck takes like one second to go in front of Peter, and then he disappears. This is where I realized that James Franco is actually hiding under the table. Think about it. Naturally, Spider-Man slams James Franco into a wall, and then chucks a **** grenade at his head. Then we cut to Spider-Man being fed a plate of cookies and he says: "You got any with nuts?" - "Go make me some cookies with nuts in them" Now this is actually a very clever scene when you think about it; In life there is such a rich variety of cookies - peanut butter, chocolate chip, mint cookies, oatmeal raisin, but director Sam Raimi has Spider-Man consciously choose nut cookies, to signify that this man has gone nuts. Do you guys get that? You have the scene where Spider-Man is pointing at various women on the sidewalk, now look at the gestures he's making with his hand. He is saying to these women "You're safe now, but in Spider-Man 4 I will shoot you with a pistol." But it's not until this moment where we, the viewers, see that faint flicker of hope within Peter snuffed out. He changes his fair from the normal way to this evil hair. This is when the Spider-Man I knew, who had lost uncle Ben, who had defeated Bonesaw, this is when he had become truly lost. Spider-Man 3 tells a dark story that confronts the audience with serious questions, and for this reason I think it became a very divisive film. It's a movie from a different era, where artists were encouraged to take bold risks, uninhibited by close-minded executives, and I sincerely doubt we'll ever see Marvel reach these heights again. Like Alfred said - "With big power, comes big responsibility." Expand
  96. Mar 13, 2021
    Эта эпилептический клоун а не игра, десять часов потрачено зря.
    Фантик не стоит своих денег и тем более времени.
    Бесплатная гача(genshin) в четыре раза лучше платного cасина, во всех смыслах.
  97. Oct 13, 2021
    It's not on Steam, so I'm giving 0. I'm not buying it from some trash epic game store.
  98. May 18, 2021
    smells like BotW, but actually doesn't
    Not the worst game ever, not the best one either (by far not the best one)
    smells like BotW, but actually doesn't
    Not the worst game ever, not the best one either (by far not the best one)
    The game is beautiful and fun and there's lot to do, and even tho it's a classic Ubisoft game (unlock a portion of the map from up a tower, mark points of interest on the map and go check them, find chests and puzzles etc and semi bosses etc etc a hundread times, them go to the next portion of the map) the story and different scenaries makes up for it. it's engaging for some times. but as all those games, for me, it becomes a chore, and I just get bored and go for the end of the story. Wich may not be the best one ever but it's narrative is pretty good and funny most of the times.
  99. Oct 31, 2021
    While i love AC:Odyssey and this game is supposedly made by same people i quite disliked the game. its very pretty and fun first few hours, then its just repetetive grind in an essentialy empty world ( there is lots to do, but its same minigames, combat, etc. no people, interesting quests beyond main story or anything ). The puzzles are super tedious, while creative, they stretch for soWhile i love AC:Odyssey and this game is supposedly made by same people i quite disliked the game. its very pretty and fun first few hours, then its just repetetive grind in an essentialy empty world ( there is lots to do, but its same minigames, combat, etc. no people, interesting quests beyond main story or anything ). The puzzles are super tedious, while creative, they stretch for so long, its just chore after chore, because it has so many steps and so many rooms with so many steps to complete some of the puzzles. I realy suffered through those parts. The combat is good, writing is sometimes exceptionally good, sometimes horrific. About half way through i just wanted to finish the game and didnt know it will take so long. Design is good, visuals good, premise good, but its just cartoony, watered down, way more grindy and boring version of AC:Odyssey ( and i I am fully aware of how repetetive some aspects of Odyssey were, but at least you had choice how to approach them ) Expand
  100. May 30, 2021
    Immortals Fenyx Rising is the type of game that looked good at the start, but you quickly realise that you bought a puzzle game blanketed by a dull open-world with repetitive monsters, simple combat, weak story, unengaging exploration, shallow inventory/equipment system and annoying voice acting.

I did not buy an open-world action game so I can solve boring puzzles 75% of the time. This is not the Breath of the Wild-inspired game I expected it to be, AT ALL.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 20 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 4, 2021
    A triumph of open world design, exploration, and writing. And one of the most endearing characters you'll meet in a videogame.
  2. Dec 21, 2020
    Immortals: Fenyx Rising takes Ubisoft in a new direction, different from that of Assassin’s Creed. The game still utilizes an open-world, the way it goes about it is very different. While it doesn’t bring anything new or innovative to the table of action-adventures, Immortals is a short and charming colorful journey into Greek mythology.
  3. Dec 16, 2020
    Overall, Immortals is an enjoyable game. Its visual elegance, witty dialogue, engaging puzzles, grand exploration and the sheer amount of love for the source material demonstrated by the devs leads to a game that, though it fails to be as singularly unique or innovative as the games it takes influence from, is still a game that's about as good as the sum of its parts. The combat, exploration and world-building all lead to a great relaxing weekend game. Sit back, relax and take a break from the gritty dregs of modern AAA games. It may not be the main Thanksgiving-day course, but it's still a fantastic post-dinner turkey salad.