5.4

1. Mar 20, 2020
    Innerspace. It is the joint venture of 4 founders who lunched a successful Kickstarter campaign and eventually delivered. The game has an interesting premise: You fly around and dive/glide in some sort of a motorized glider who can turn to a submarine in a world which is basically upside down on itself - meaning the "Universe" is really in the inner part of the sphere and the water andInnerspace. It is the joint venture of 4 founders who lunched a successful Kickstarter campaign and eventually delivered. The game has an interesting premise: You fly around and dive/glide in some sort of a motorized glider who can turn to a submarine in a world which is basically upside down on itself - meaning the "Universe" is really in the inner part of the sphere and the water and ground as well as other things - on the outer perimeter. So how is the game ?

While the graphics are quite nice and surreal and the music do contribute to the chill atmosphere - Several flaws quickly show rise. The controls are quite frustrating. Why there is no Mouse flight ? You are basically bound to the "ASDWQE" keyboard scheme with "Space" and "Shift" as Accelerate / Decelerate. You can change controls but Mouse flight is not supported as default. Maybe it is possible to set it up somehow though I doubt it. In addition - you are force to move forward always. No standing still in this game - which can impair orientation in the game world. No map is supported also. Just use your memory I guess. I understand it can be a bit difficult to build a 3d map but I think the creators could have been more thoughtful and creative in this regard. Regrading the movement -Yaw is painfully slow while pitch and roll are much faster.

On the bright side of things - I really liked the chill atmosphere, the story was somewhat interesting and music as well as visuals were pretty good.

If they could make the story even deeper maybe I will care to master the controls more.
    Good things:
    1. Pretty nice graphics and artsy style.
    2. Chill atmosphere and sound.
    3. The story was kind of interesting.

Bad things:
    1. No mouse navigation is supported.
    2. Controls makes the game unnecessarily more difficult.

Final verdict: 6.5 out of 10. I'd love to see a more polished product as this has certainly got some good things going for it.
  2. Nov 10, 2018
    InnerSpace é uma experiência relaxante, um jogo polido, uma obra de arte. Infelizmente, apenas pessoas que procuram algo mais tranquilo conseguem aproveitá-lo, por ser tão zen. A forma com que ele ambienta esse universo alternativo é excepcional, e mesmo com o jogo pecando em sua narrativa e por não ser tão direto, merece a atenção de muitos.
  3. Feb 28, 2020
    An absolute turd. Couldn't even get through the tutorial with keyboard and mouse. Thank the maker I didn't actually pay for this. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.
  4. Apr 21, 2020
    Similar to the game AZBU, but worse graphics, controls, navigation. Even when holding the brake the whole time the plane is too fast to hit targets, and the large FOV distortion is really perturbing and disorientating. The "too fast" + FOV was enough to get me to stop playing early on.

I like the idea, but the execution is unpolished.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 13 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Apr 3, 2018
    In theory it’s a relaxing experience, but before you start relaxing, you need to learn to live with InnerSpace’s quite a few problems. [03/2018, p.60]
  2. Mar 29, 2018
    Tedious “search expeditions” accompanied by dull music and sprinkles of boring text — that is all you will ever find in InnerSpace.
  3. Mar 1, 2018
    Good for meditation, bad for playing.