7.8

1. Feb 27, 2020
    Too simplistic, not as engaging as FTL, just a bit boring not complex enough, there are better puzzle games around there if you like that aspect
  2. Sep 22, 2018
    There are much better games than this, doesn't even deserve to be in top 1000. I don't judge, but I can't see myself playing this kind of games in 2018.
  3. Oct 31, 2018
    Not having fun at all... This game has no learning curve, it’s sky high hard from the get go. It does not ease you in at all... On your first day at karate school, you fight your sensei full contact with your hands tied behind your back and a pie in your face. That is easier.
  4. May 14, 2019
    Chess like, tactical, simple to pick up yet hard to master, minimalist... ...sounds great to me.
    However, after having "played" for about 10 hours, I still can't see how I can tactically place my 3 techs in a limited starting space so that I can plan my moves ahead in a Kapersky like manner.
    Oh ! I forgot to mention that, at the start of the game, your enemies are already in position - you even get to see the order in which they are going to play. Piece of cake.
    The only problem is, is that they start first. They shoot off in randomly different directions - good grief, I hadn't tactically planned that ! In the end, my strategy boils down to more or less trying to guess (in a chess-like manner, of course) where they are going to move. Ah yes, this is where the minimalist element of the game kicks in. Minimal fun. Maybe it's because I don't have a bent for this type of game, which means that I can't appreciate it to it's full potentiial *sigh* I guess that I'll have to go back to less demanding games. Wait for me Crusader Kings II, I'm coming back...

Universal acclaim - based on 56 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Sep 13, 2018
    Turn-based strategy game with exceptionally original game mechanics, well-designed maps, and great core gameplay that guarantees a long entertainment. [Issue#284]
  2. CD-Action
    Jun 5, 2018
    I’m very happy that FTL’s developer returned with a new game, as I spent almost 30 hours with Into the Breach and I feel like it was just a moment. [05/2018, p.76]
  3. Apr 24, 2018
    Into the Breach is based on the brilliant minimalism of FTL and not only does it refine its mechanics to perfection but adds its own sophisticated turn-based system, a more balanced difficulty and an extreme addiction, where the RNG frustration recedes the joy of playing. And in addition you will enjoy a breathtaking music of Ben Punty. Subsects did it, they overcame themselves.