7.8

1. Apr 15, 2020
    Good strategy game but it can get quite boring and repetitive, sometimes the game can put you thorough impossible situations.
  2. Mar 13, 2018
    I dunno, maybe I'm the only one, but after initially being challenging, the game gets kinda boring and repetitive. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, and you're just going to roll every round. I got tired of doing the same islands, same final fight, repeat. It's fun, not super replayable.
  3. Apr 10, 2018
    Fun little strategy game but the user reviews going full on fanboy with the 10/10's and the critic review score of a 90 is WAY overblown and just goes to show how ridiculously disingenuous the gaming industry is. It's a fun game, but it's not anything super special. Barely any story, which doesn't really matter because gameplay can make up for that and the gameplay is there, but afterFun little strategy game but the user reviews going full on fanboy with the 10/10's and the critic review score of a 90 is WAY overblown and just goes to show how ridiculously disingenuous the gaming industry is. It's a fun game, but it's not anything super special. Barely any story, which doesn't really matter because gameplay can make up for that and the gameplay is there, but after playing through a few maps you've basically already experienced everything the game has to offer in terms of gameplay. Sure, there are different types of units that you can eventually buy and play with, but the core gameplay loop is always the same. Good as a little time-killer but 10/10 territory this is NOT. Expand
  4. Jan 24, 2019
    I totally agree with skdursh and stherkelsen. The game has good graphics, music and some interesting gameplay mechanics, although gameplay looks and feels well at first, after 2-3 hours you understand there is nothing new and interesting left that game can give you.

The main issue with this game is the lack of content and interesting mechanics to make replayability worthwhile, i.e. if you play 1 island (about 5-6 missions, which will take about 1-2 hours) you already see the most part of the game. Other islands have different enemies and you can upgrade your mechs after some time, but core mechanics stay the same and aforementioned facts don't add freshness to the game.

Don't get me wrong it is still a good turn-based strategy game, but for me, it is not deep enough with a low variety of scenarios to call it a really great and deep game. Maybe I missed something, but for me, FTL was much deeper and more interesting.

P.S: It's a pity that there is no PvP mode (even local) to play with friends (mechs vs insects OR mech vs mechs).
  5. Mar 2, 2018
    I was a huge fan of FTL, but this game is a disappointment. Unlike FTL, which was fun to play from the beginning, even though I had no idea what I was doing, this game is merely overwhelming and difficult. It also has the gratuitous complexity which made FTL: Advanced Edition a dud compared to the original game.

Calling this a strategy game is an exaggeration. It's closer to a puzzle

Calling this a strategy game is an exaggeration. It's closer to a puzzle game.

I've learned the lesson never to buy a game on the first day, no matter how much I liked the developers' previous game and no matter how good the reviews are.
  6. Jul 27, 2018
    not a bad game a lot like advance wars but no way near as good overall... will probably play this until wargroove comes out, to satisfy any turn based strategy gaming itches i get... wargroove is absolute top of the list for awesome looking turn based strategy games though, its a straight AW clone with level creator and online multiplayer etc...
  7. Mar 1, 2018
    The boss fight at the end of FTL was always too difficult for me to beat. At least the game had multiple cool ships, interesting mini quest choices, and cool upgrades.

Into the Breach doesn't really have any of that. It's like a strategy game where you are stuck with the same 3 units and replay the same tiny maps over and over again. This game would have been better off with a far

This game would have been better off with a far grander scope, sacrificing a bit of replayability if necessary.

Definitely overhyped.
  8. May 6, 2018
    I actually found the game to be pretty hard especially since there was Permadeath built in this game. Even with difficulty, one can still find the thrill of a challenge to be highly engaging with a game like this. Unfortunately, that was not the case for this strategy-combat puzzle game. Art style was great and felt like playing and old style arcade game. However, this game just isn'tI actually found the game to be pretty hard especially since there was Permadeath built in this game. Even with difficulty, one can still find the thrill of a challenge to be highly engaging with a game like this. Unfortunately, that was not the case for this strategy-combat puzzle game. Art style was great and felt like playing and old style arcade game. However, this game just isn't worth the high ratings it's receiving now. With its lack of true engaging game play, it feels like yet another clone of other combat-puzzle games that we see so much of today. Good Luck and Farewell Time Breacher!! Expand
  9. Apr 26, 2020
    It's good if you've never played any turn based strategy game in your life.
  10. Sep 9, 2018
    What is the genre and subgenre of the game?

Into the Breach is a turn-based strategy game. What did I think of the story? The story is simple, you make your way through a series of Islands fighting giant bug-like creatures called Vek. Your goal is to survive the attacks but at the same time level up mechs but also the pilots flying the mechs. Ideally what you want is to make it
    What is the genre and subgenre of the game?

Into the Breach is a turn-based strategy game.

What did I think of the story?

The story is simple, you make your way through a series of Islands fighting giant bug-like creatures called Vek. Your goal is to survive the attacks but at the same time level up mechs but also the pilots flying the mechs. Ideally what you want is to make it through each Island and then reach the final Island where you defeat the mech.

Favorite Character?

The game has 27 different Mechs that you can unlock by replaying the game. The mechs come in sets of 3 so there are 9 different mech sets. After about 10 hours, I unlocked 5 different sets. Unfortunately, I don't like any of the Mechs that I've unlocked and preferred the original 3.

Are there puzzles and How are they?

Each level is essentially a puzzle. The enemies (the Vek) their goal is not to attack your Mechs but rather the buildings because that's how the Vek actually defeat you. So sometimes your goal isn't to do as much damage to the Vek as you can but rather moving the Vek out of the way so it can't damage a building. The game requires you to rethink the way you normally approach turn-based strategy games.

How is the sound design and music?

I didn't pay attention to the in-game music too much. I just listened to my own music.

How are the missions/levels designed?

Every level is set up on an 8x8 grid. The enemies take up one space and so do your Mechs. Every grid will also include some buildings for the Vek to attack but then there is some uniqueness depending on each level and which Island you're on. Some levels are more mountainous, some have an ocean, some are in the desert and have earthquakes. There's is a good amount of variety within each level.

Recap: The Good

Makes you rethink classic turn-based strategy game.

Recap: The Bad

The unlockable mechs are not for me.

Recap: The Okay

The Story.
  11. Sep 4, 2018
    Haiku Review: Challenges abound / Fun until you beat it all / Still don't like rogue-likes
    Favorite Thing: The strategy component is simple with only 3 units to control but very engaging!
    Least Favorite Thing: Runs are extremely short and the only thing driving one to replay is unlockables. Date Completed: 2018-09-01 Playtime: 8h Enjoyment: 7/10 Recommendation: Yes, but it's not a

Date Completed: 2018-09-01
    Playtime: 8h
    Enjoyment: 7/10
    Recommendation: Yes, but it's not a strong yes. It's just not my type of game and after one completion my interest has gone downhill.
  12. Dec 22, 2018
  13. Feb 13, 2019
    В игре присутствует и челлендж испытывающий хитрость и ум игрока, но есть и рандом, когда ты по случайности проходишь уровень на изи, а следующий тупо фейлишь, потому что, не свезло. Хотя бы музыка в игре офигенная.
  14. Sep 9, 2020
    It's like playing chess. Meaning you might not find out if you messed up until 10 turns later. And if you find out then you've lost everything and have to start over. If I could pick a word to describe this it would be masochistic. I did not find a sense of exploration anywhere in the game.
  15. Jun 4, 2019
    Interesting and fun combat mechanics, but lacks the replayability that FTL had.
  16. Aug 23, 2019
    pretty good although a little stale. not much depth to it. I give it a solid 7.5 out of 10. a little disappointed though.
  17. Jun 18, 2020
    It's a decent strategy game. But it gets boring after a while. 1hr on record.
  18. Jul 10, 2020
    Addicting and challenging, Into The Breach offers a very interesting gameplay and very interesting mechanics, but its so short that i wish more. Also, the gameplay often limits the player too much, id like to see new uses for itens between breaches, and more units to control. Either way, its a great game and you should take a look.

Universal acclaim - based on 56 Critic Reviews

1. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Sep 13, 2018
    Turn-based strategy game with exceptionally original game mechanics, well-designed maps, and great core gameplay that guarantees a long entertainment. [Issue#284]
  2. CD-Action
    Jun 5, 2018
    I’m very happy that FTL’s developer returned with a new game, as I spent almost 30 hours with Into the Breach and I feel like it was just a moment. [05/2018, p.76]
  3. Apr 24, 2018
    Into the Breach is based on the brilliant minimalism of FTL and not only does it refine its mechanics to perfection but adds its own sophisticated turn-based system, a more balanced difficulty and an extreme addiction, where the RNG frustration recedes the joy of playing. And in addition you will enjoy a breathtaking music of Ben Punty. Subsects did it, they overcame themselves.