- Summary: Colonial England. Under a certain amount of… duress… Jack takes on a job which will not only cause him a great deal of trouble, but also bring to light the answer to a mystery out of his distant past. A lack of money leads Jack to accept a charter to take a British secret agent to mysteriousColonial England. Under a certain amount of… duress… Jack takes on a job which will not only cause him a great deal of trouble, but also bring to light the answer to a mystery out of his distant past. A lack of money leads Jack to accept a charter to take a British secret agent to mysterious “Tooth Island”. When Jack’s ship shatters on the mysterious island’s cliffs on arrival and the secret agent quickly becomes a meal for a monster in the jungle, Jack is soon left to cope with the situation on his own. “Tooth Island” is ruled by the strange Doctor T, who is cultivating man-eating plants and has his own dastardly plans for the British Empire. And why does he seem to know Jack, who can’t remember ever having been on Tooth Island? What are Doctor T's plans? And what does he know about Jack’s past? And then there’s the young and naive Amanda, who is filled by an almost fanatical drive to prove her worth. In the beginning the young lady is employed by Doctor T, and part of her task is to track Jack down and take him prisoner. It doesn’t take long before she begins to wonder if she is really on the right side, or if she shouldn’t join her opponent, the charming Captain Jack, instead. A hair-raising hunt across the length and breadth of the dangerous island finally airs the mystery surrounding Jack’s past and leads to a spectacular showdown with a dark and deadly enemy and his nefarious henchmen. [10Tactle Studios]… Expand
AceGamezJack Keane is the most enjoyable point-and-click adventure I've played in a long time. It will appeal to almost every adventure fan, as the puzzles gradually get harder, while the game successfully reproduces the vibrant, humorous and slick atmosphere and antics of beloved classics of this proud genre, like Sam & Max and Monkey Island.
It's a pleasant enough adventure, and it'll take you somewhere around 20 hours to complete it, which makes it a nice value, but the writing is a little lazy, and the game isn't as funny as you might expect, and so it's nowhere near being in the ballpark of the Monkey Island games, which is where it wants to be.
games(TM)While games like Jack Keane keep surfacing, the point-and-click genre will continue to defy those that have long since written it off. [Apr 2008, p.123]
MikeLMay 31, 2009This game is funny and it rocks. It reminds me of the Monkey Island games.
PetterJ.Mar 30, 2008It's a really good game! Recommended for people who loves games like Monkey Island!
GabrielUNov 16, 2009It was my first adventure game since... Since... Truly, I don't remember when was last time when i've played good, oldfashioned It was my first adventure game since... Since... Truly, I don't remember when was last time when i've played good, oldfashioned point&click game. Good story, great personas, who can really touch our hearts in deeps (I'm talking of course about Jack and Amanda. And Montgomery). Quests are in most cases logical, but I've had to see solution few times (wedding). Maybe my lack of playing adventures games recently caused my opinion. Maybe it's time to discover Sokal's games? Yes, i haven't played those yet.… Expand
Oct 28, 2020Плюсы:
- разработчики проявили достаточную степень гуманизма по отношению к мозгам геймеров. Сильно напрягаться не придется. Задач на время вПлюсы:
- разработчики проявили достаточную степень гуманизма по отношению к мозгам геймеров. Сильно напрягаться не придется. Задач на время в игре нет вообще. Головоломок в их классическом варианте - тоже. Все необходимые предметы лежат только что не под носом, на фоне окружения их прекрасно видно. Необратимых проколов в игре не бывает: любую беседу можно «переиграть».
- озвучка. Юмористические ролики и сценки в таком исполнении «играют» как нельзя лучше. Многие персонажи говорят с акцентом - каждый со своим - что еще более усиливает комический эффект.
- сам процесс коммуникации с окружающими персонажами доставляет поистине эстетическое наслаждение. Традиционный английский юмор в сочетании с ярко прописанными типажами (это касается буквально каждого NPC) являются именно той «изюминкой», которая придает Jack Keane особое очарование. Не только Агент, Аманда, матросы, сам Джек и Доктор Т. выписаны с наибольшей возможной степенью индивидуальности. Тем же «недугом» страдают: флегматичный продавец в магазине, самодуры-стражники в деревне, погонщик слонов, бабулька с джемом и множество других «попутчиков», фигурирующих буквально в одной сценке.
- сюжет игры стопроцентно линеен. Впрочем, проработанность существующей единой линии в каком-то смысле компенсирует отсутствие боковых ответвлений.
- графика. Недостаточно детализованные текстуры и часто угловатые движения героя разработчики попытались компенсировать яркостью красок и экзотичностью ландшафтов.
Безусловно, прорывом в области «возрождения», а также «поднятия с колен» жанра адвенчуры Jack Keane не стал. И это - к лучшему. Потому что получилась у ребят веселая, интересная, совершенно классическая игра. Не без недостатков, но вполне достойная потраченного на нее времени.… Expand
Apr 28, 2020I wouldn't say this game is bad, but unfortunately despite the good intentions, it's also not that good of a game.
It's a classic point andI wouldn't say this game is bad, but unfortunately despite the good intentions, it's also not that good of a game.
It's a classic point and click game with mot many surprises.
It's worth mentioning though, that one of the things that are done best here (IMO) is the puzzles - I found them to be relatively diverse and original.
The difficulty was also close to perfect - it goes on gradually from easy to harder and harder ones. It also gets to "nonsense hard" at SOME points, but not constantly, and it's not nonsense of the annoying kind in my opinion, but good kind of nonsense.
Nonsense that's usually fun to discover.
Now unfortunately although this is a very strong point of the game, rest of the aspects doesn't stick too well together.
The graphics are bright, lush, and nice to look at. Sadly this does not make up for all the rest: despite the Monkey Island vibes, the story is rather banal, the humour is mehh, the voiceovers range from OK to rather bad, and there's just so much of it, where the script just isn't that interesting, if I'd try to put it gently.
To be less gentle, it gets rather boring quickly enough, and adds up to a rather dull, forgettable experience.
This is a bit sad because I think this game would have been OK if it had been shortened, but this was just WAY too much for me. About halfway through the game I've started feeling there were more and more moments I just wished this game would end rather than actually enjoying it. And that's a shame.
I have to say again that this game isn't THAT BAD, it's not as forgettable as other modern attempts of adventure games such as the Art of Murder series (Sorry) but it still doesn't quite hit the right points, or alternatively - it hits some of them, but the same ones, for over 13 long and tiring chapters - which makes it mainly a tiring experience.… Expand
Apr 28, 2017I really wanted to like this game but even for an adventure fan, this games becomes boring real quick.
Until the end, i was expecting aI really wanted to like this game but even for an adventure fan, this games becomes boring real quick.
Until the end, i was expecting a twisted story or interesting turn of the events but what i got was cheap humour, really badly written characters and puzzles that makes no sense with the story at all.
There are some locations (the plane scene) that are interesting but overall this game is a mediocre adventure game that's too long. I think it's the main problem with it. It's too long that developers and designers didn't have time to focus on basic animations and make the game better. If it was half of what it is, I think it could be a much better game.… Expand
roywarJul 2, 2008I didn't like this game, i thought it would be a great game watching the preview trailer that i almost went and bought it. I downloaded I didn't like this game, i thought it would be a great game watching the preview trailer that i almost went and bought it. I downloaded the demo first and luckily i didn't buy it. It's a very bad game, the voice overs are so bad and the whole game is not worth $26 if i were to ever buy this game id never pay any more than $5, the whole click and point is very annoying.… Expand