3.5

1. Oct 9, 2019
    You can start new level with zero ammunition, 1 hp and tons of enemies. I dont think that its funny
  2. Oct 8, 2019
    John Wick Hex has the bones of a good turn-based strategy buried somewhere in there, but it just feels half baked in a whole host of ways. The UI is misleading and can be downright frustrating to use at times, with weird oversights like using ammunition having the exact same visual effect as losing health. Frequently, your ability to click on things will be blocked for seemingly no reason,John Wick Hex has the bones of a good turn-based strategy buried somewhere in there, but it just feels half baked in a whole host of ways. The UI is misleading and can be downright frustrating to use at times, with weird oversights like using ammunition having the exact same visual effect as losing health. Frequently, your ability to click on things will be blocked for seemingly no reason, leading to a lot of camera finagling and irritating, avoidable misclicks. The camera as a whole is just bad, with your only option of rotation being left and right. Zooming in and out slightly alters the vertical perspective of the camera, with zooming in all the way offering a marginally more flat view and zooming out completely being almost completely top-down. This camera system causes a lot of unnecessary frustration because it makes trying to figure out what counts as cover, what constitutes line of sight and what can be ducked behind an inexact science at best and an exercise in futility at worst. Adding to that annoyance is the fact that enemies will pretty frequently shoot you through cover that you just manage to make it behind, leaving a bullet trail straight through the cover you made it to, because accuracy isn't static or primarily determined by line of sight. Your ability to hit shots, and the ability of your enemies, is random, skewed slightly by things like distance and stance. This is a bad move for a turn-based strategy for obvious reasons, but far worse is random enemy placement and type. You're guaranteed the same number of enemies in any given level, and a set number of those are bigger variants of the standard enemies, but the placement and type of all the standard enemies is randomized, meaning that you can come into a level at a major disadvantage because you're being rushed by a half dozen melee enemies, with one ranged enemy at the back that can fire straight through his allies to hit you, because friendly fire isn't a mechanic. I'd imagine this is intended to allow a more reactive style of gameplay, but this puts a lot of potential for planning and, well, strategy out the window. On top of this is the poorly implemented timeline mechanic, where the idea is that you can see the next moves of your enemies and plan ahead accordingly, but all it shows you is the action they're currently in the middle of when it's time to make your next move. Enemies act somewhat predictably but sometimes they wait and reposition at odd times and sometimes enemies you haven't seen yet will come out of the woodwork during a longer action to interrupt you, and it all just contributes to an overarching feeling of not having enough information to plan any cogent course of action.

TL;DR
    John Wick Hex could be decent, but it's bogged down by too many design oversights and issues of clarity in its mechanics to work. It's in a bad enough state right now that I don't think it'll get anywhere good unless it's worked on consistently for a few months. Until then, give this one a miss.
  3. Oct 9, 2019
    This game is really really boring. The animation looks like you are a marionette puppet. It really it just laughable.
  4. Oct 10, 2019
    One question : What the **** ????
    This has to be the worst movie character based game EVER !
    What the hell is wrong with the people who gave the rights to the devs that made the game ???
    John Wick needs to be a proper third person shooter, not some click to kill game !
  5. Oct 9, 2019
    I pre-purchased John Wick Hex 5 months ago. At the beginning of John Wick Hex, it was a lot of fun. Everything was explained well. But at a certain point in the game, the game became less easy, which is nothing bad. But it became so hard that I had to repeat some levels too often which became annoying at some point. I like the strategy aspects very well. The story is just less good. In theI pre-purchased John Wick Hex 5 months ago. At the beginning of John Wick Hex, it was a lot of fun. Everything was explained well. But at a certain point in the game, the game became less easy, which is nothing bad. But it became so hard that I had to repeat some levels too often which became annoying at some point. I like the strategy aspects very well. The story is just less good. In the end, it's a very good game I have little exposure to. Expand
  6. Oct 9, 2019
    It's awesome game! Yeah, it looks like xcom, but it's better than xcom. Good job Lionsgate games and Good Shepnerd entertainment!
  7. Oct 17, 2019
    Dont let the simple art style or the psp-era animations fool you, this foundations of this game are solid and the simulatenous turn based action system has a chance to inspire more developers to take on this style of tactical action genre.

"Ronin" is a great 2d game and with the next sequel of this game can be become the 3d successor with great replay value.
  8. Oct 12, 2019
    Playing John Wick Hex is exactly how I imagined being in John Wick movies would be like. To get the games flaws out of the way, yes, the cutscenes are no work of arts (though decent) and the game didn't have proper setting options, so my laptop was running it at 180 fps, and in turn, heating it up a lot. But apart from that, the game is amazing to play. You have to think and strategise howPlaying John Wick Hex is exactly how I imagined being in John Wick movies would be like. To get the games flaws out of the way, yes, the cutscenes are no work of arts (though decent) and the game didn't have proper setting options, so my laptop was running it at 180 fps, and in turn, heating it up a lot. But apart from that, the game is amazing to play. You have to think and strategise how you want to progress. You cannot just go in guns akimbo expecting to win. But the strategy part is what closest resembles the john wick franchise. hitting a guy, moving to a new spot with cover, dodging the bullet, and then waiting for the shooter to come into your view to finish him, feels like some choreographed dance. In the second chapter, I did have trouble getting past a level, but it was only because I was trying to solve the problem through force rather than guile. So I don't feel that difficulty rises at a huge curve if you take the game seriously. Moreover, at one point, I would restart level, as I wanted to clear the opening area without wasting my guns bullets, so I shot one guy, took down another, then a third, stole his gun, went and killed two people, and then came back for my own gun with higher number of bullets, and a magazine available, which was such a thrill. I totally agree with the creators, this is better and more honest than any first-person shooter could have been. And I honestly did like the look of the game too, apart from one animation, where striking a lying down person would suddenly make them stand up, and then fall down. An animation for striking fallen people would make this game perfect. Expand

1. Oct 18, 2019
    The gameplay in John Wick Hex definitely captures the essence of the impressive choreography seen in the movies, albeit with some caveats. Namely the animation variety is very restricted and, in some cases, seems a bit incomplete. Moreover, the abilities of John Wick are a bit limited and remain as such throughout the game. Nevertheless, it still remains a clever twist in the turn-based genre, by letting the action unfold simultaneously for both our character and the enemies, creating some quite challenging combat scenarios with unexpected depth to them.
  2. Oct 15, 2019
    Quotation forthcoming.
  3. Oct 15, 2019
    John Wick Hex is a clever tactical action game, with a very resounding aesthetic and sound.