4.3

1. Oct 9, 2019
    You can start new level with zero ammunition, 1 hp and tons of enemies. I dont think that its funny
  2. Oct 8, 2019
    John Wick Hex has the bones of a good turn-based strategy buried somewhere in there, but it just feels half baked in a whole host of ways. The UI is misleading and can be downright frustrating to use at times, with weird oversights like using ammunition having the exact same visual effect as losing health. Frequently, your ability to click on things will be blocked for seemingly no reason,John Wick Hex has the bones of a good turn-based strategy buried somewhere in there, but it just feels half baked in a whole host of ways. The UI is misleading and can be downright frustrating to use at times, with weird oversights like using ammunition having the exact same visual effect as losing health. Frequently, your ability to click on things will be blocked for seemingly no reason, leading to a lot of camera finagling and irritating, avoidable misclicks. The camera as a whole is just bad, with your only option of rotation being left and right. Zooming in and out slightly alters the vertical perspective of the camera, with zooming in all the way offering a marginally more flat view and zooming out completely being almost completely top-down. This camera system causes a lot of unnecessary frustration because it makes trying to figure out what counts as cover, what constitutes line of sight and what can be ducked behind an inexact science at best and an exercise in futility at worst. Adding to that annoyance is the fact that enemies will pretty frequently shoot you through cover that you just manage to make it behind, leaving a bullet trail straight through the cover you made it to, because accuracy isn't static or primarily determined by line of sight. Your ability to hit shots, and the ability of your enemies, is random, skewed slightly by things like distance and stance. This is a bad move for a turn-based strategy for obvious reasons, but far worse is random enemy placement and type. You're guaranteed the same number of enemies in any given level, and a set number of those are bigger variants of the standard enemies, but the placement and type of all the standard enemies is randomized, meaning that you can come into a level at a major disadvantage because you're being rushed by a half dozen melee enemies, with one ranged enemy at the back that can fire straight through his allies to hit you, because friendly fire isn't a mechanic. I'd imagine this is intended to allow a more reactive style of gameplay, but this puts a lot of potential for planning and, well, strategy out the window. On top of this is the poorly implemented timeline mechanic, where the idea is that you can see the next moves of your enemies and plan ahead accordingly, but all it shows you is the action they're currently in the middle of when it's time to make your next move. Enemies act somewhat predictably but sometimes they wait and reposition at odd times and sometimes enemies you haven't seen yet will come out of the woodwork during a longer action to interrupt you, and it all just contributes to an overarching feeling of not having enough information to plan any cogent course of action.

TL;DR
    John Wick Hex could be decent, but it's bogged down by too many design oversights and issues of clarity in its mechanics to work. It's in a bad enough state right now that I don't think it'll get anywhere good unless it's worked on consistently for a few months. Until then, give this one a miss.
  3. Oct 9, 2019
    This game is really really boring. The animation looks like you are a marionette puppet. It really it just laughable.
  4. coy
    Dec 10, 2020
    when this game was released last night, there were high hopes for it. really, the gameplay feels like the best fps you could ever play. this game has a very good skill tree element, and if you choose wisely, you can obtain the stone of balthazar, and become a king of the monkeys. when you become king arthur of the troglodytes, it truly is empowering. if there was one game i could play forwhen this game was released last night, there were high hopes for it. really, the gameplay feels like the best fps you could ever play. this game has a very good skill tree element, and if you choose wisely, you can obtain the stone of balthazar, and become a king of the monkeys. when you become king arthur of the troglodytes, it truly is empowering. if there was one game i could play for the rest of 2020, it would be either this one, or the world famous game john wick: hex. i cannot believe that the character from fortnite had his own triple a game released about him. the gaming industry truly is amazing. i give this game a 6/10. Expand
  5. Oct 10, 2019
    One question : What the **** ????
    This has to be the worst movie character based game EVER !
    What the hell is wrong with the people who gave the rights to the devs that made the game ???
    John Wick needs to be a proper third person shooter, not some click to kill game !
  6. Oct 9, 2019
    I pre-purchased John Wick Hex 5 months ago. At the beginning of John Wick Hex, it was a lot of fun. Everything was explained well. But at a certain point in the game, the game became less easy, which is nothing bad. But it became so hard that I had to repeat some levels too often which became annoying at some point. I like the strategy aspects very well. The story is just less good. In theI pre-purchased John Wick Hex 5 months ago. At the beginning of John Wick Hex, it was a lot of fun. Everything was explained well. But at a certain point in the game, the game became less easy, which is nothing bad. But it became so hard that I had to repeat some levels too often which became annoying at some point. I like the strategy aspects very well. The story is just less good. In the end, it's a very good game I have little exposure to. Expand
  7. Oct 9, 2019
    It's awesome game! Yeah, it looks like xcom, but it's better than xcom. Good job Lionsgate games and Good Shepnerd entertainment!
  8. Oct 17, 2019
    Dont let the simple art style or the psp-era animations fool you, this foundations of this game are solid and the simulatenous turn based action system has a chance to inspire more developers to take on this style of tactical action genre.

"Ronin" is a great 2d game and with the next sequel of this game can be become the 3d successor with great replay value.
  9. Sep 28, 2021
    Interesting and unique concept with its semi real time turn-based action sequences, I know that doesn't make sense but it is how the core game feels. I like it and think this can be improved upon, but unfortunately it all ends at that. John Wick Hex is sadly too shallow and repetitive for a strategy game with too few gameplay mechanics. On top of that, the awkward animations and audioInteresting and unique concept with its semi real time turn-based action sequences, I know that doesn't make sense but it is how the core game feels. I like it and think this can be improved upon, but unfortunately it all ends at that. John Wick Hex is sadly too shallow and repetitive for a strategy game with too few gameplay mechanics. On top of that, the awkward animations and audio desync make the experience worse. Expand
  10. Aug 30, 2020
    I cannot believe that Lionsgate allowed to massacre the franchise with this thing. Placeholder assets would look good on some pre-beta prototype, animations have absolutely nothing to do with brilliant stunts known from the movie. The gameplay is pretty good on paper, too bad no one decided to turn it into a proper game.
    We have XXI century, certain standards have been set by games like
    We have XXI century, certain standards have been set by games like AC, TLOU, Witcher and so on, yet Wick's fans are slapped in the face with something which would suck even in the late 90's.

The biggest disappointment this year. I hope the IP owner gives license to some real game developers and we will be able to play John Wick game some day.
  11. Dec 19, 2019
    Looks neat, a cool idea (using time as your main resource) which brings to mind the lightning-quick tactical ass-kickings John Wick delivers in his movies, just slowed way down. Where it stumbles is a pathetic lack of enemies and weapons, a truly frustrating setup where you can start new levels nearly dead, with no ammo and surrounded by goons, and ugly-as-sin animations. How the devsLooks neat, a cool idea (using time as your main resource) which brings to mind the lightning-quick tactical ass-kickings John Wick delivers in his movies, just slowed way down. Where it stumbles is a pathetic lack of enemies and weapons, a truly frustrating setup where you can start new levels nearly dead, with no ammo and surrounded by goons, and ugly-as-sin animations. How the devs could make a John Wick game and have the titular character move around stiffly, stuck to a grid is just beyond me. I've tried several times to enjoy this game but it's just a disappointing mess.

Let me put it this way: I got it on sale for seven dollars. I still feel kinda ripped off.
  12. Sep 25, 2020
    One of the best tactical strategy games I have ever played. Despite of all bugs that the game have, I would like to give 8,5.
  13. Oct 22, 2019
    John Wick Hex provides a unique take on the tactical top down game, and by adopting different systems, is able to capture the fast pace renowned in the films. The fun gameplay combined with the art style make John Wick Hex a fun, but albeit short, and occasionally awkward experience.
  14. Oct 20, 2021
    A játék folyamatosan csal és az ellenfelek folyamatosan jönnek a semmiből.
  15. Jun 18, 2021
    Attention: this is just my opinion!

John Wick Hex - '' A tactical strategy game with John Wick: O '' The design of the game is really fun, all as a strategy game really well done, but the story itself is so simple, I liked that the voice acting of the two characters was similar to the two actors who starred in the John Wick film. What’s most annoying about the game is that it has a
    Attention: this is just my opinion!

John Wick Hex - '' A tactical strategy game with John Wick: O ''

The design of the game is really fun, all as a strategy game really well done, but the story itself is so simple, I liked that the voice acting of the two characters was similar to the two actors who starred in the John Wick film. What’s most annoying about the game is that it has a bad level design, and it’s annoying that you have to defeat a lot of enemies when you have little life, ammunition and a lot of things are complicated in the game and there are some bugs that hinder you from playing the game.

So in my opinion the design of the game is really great, but the game is too difficult and complicated and has bugs. Directly, I think it would have made a better game, but there wasn't that much budget. I would dedicate myself to this game 6/10.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 53 Critic Reviews

1. May 13, 2020
    John Wick Hex seems mediocre at first glance, but after spending a few time on it, the game turns out to become interesting. Since it provides a surprisingly fresh experience that replicate the killer instinct from the movie series.
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Feb 28, 2020
    John Wick Hex is not the action shooter you would expect from the film adaptation. But only because of its unique turn-based style, you really feel like a dreaded hitman who is determined to reach his goal. And that's a great feeling. [Issue#299]
  3. CD-Action
    Nov 25, 2019
    The janky animations of John Wick’s acrobatics spoil the whole movie-to-game experience. And to think that motion capture could have made it one of the most interesting games of this fall. [13/2019, p.65]