8.3

1. Jul 3, 2014
    This game attaches to you like your cat, I will always be floating around begging for attention, and bloody hell you should give it some! King Arthur's Gold (KAG for short) Is a multi-player action packed indie game that keeps the player involved in the combat as soon as the 1-2m build time phase finishes. The only problem is the sharp learning curve which can make you cry sometimes.This game attaches to you like your cat, I will always be floating around begging for attention, and bloody hell you should give it some! King Arthur's Gold (KAG for short) Is a multi-player action packed indie game that keeps the player involved in the combat as soon as the 1-2m build time phase finishes. The only problem is the sharp learning curve which can make you cry sometimes. Ultimately I recommend picking KAG up for $10 because It's hours of fun. Expand
  2. Dec 18, 2014
    King Arthur's Gold is one of the few good multiplayer indie games you can find. It never gets boring. The community is very kind and there are often arranged events; most recently, a world cup.
  3. Feb 22, 2016
    Ce jeu est vraiment génial, de part toutes ses possibilités. Je m'apprêtais à lui mettre 8, mais en y repensant je ne peux que lui mettre 9. Il y en a pour tous les goûts : duels à l'épée, attaque à distance, attaque souterraine surprise, sabotage, explosifs, pièges, constructions utilitaires ... Vous pourrez tout faire dans KAG ! Il y a toujours plusieurs serveurs actifs, la communautéCe jeu est vraiment génial, de part toutes ses possibilités. Je m'apprêtais à lui mettre 8, mais en y repensant je ne peux que lui mettre 9. Il y en a pour tous les goûts : duels à l'épée, attaque à distance, attaque souterraine surprise, sabotage, explosifs, pièges, constructions utilitaires ... Vous pourrez tout faire dans KAG ! Il y a toujours plusieurs serveurs actifs, la communauté est super (pas de griefers, un exploit en y repensant), il existe différents modes de jeu intéressants ... Il fait partie de ces rares jeux sur lesquels on se surprend à revenir sans arrêt. Je ne peux que le recommander ! Expand
  4. Jul 12, 2014
    Imagine a fighting game where you can BUILD your defenses whint teammates,fight,trow arrows,USE BOATS,WOOOO !,Best indie game!,Its the only game you can fight to death while building catapults,spikes and bombs !
  5. Oct 31, 2016
    This game is one of the best games I've ever played. Very fun and challenging, requires some skill thought. You should definitely try amazing world of King Arthur's Gold, if you haven't already. Tons of mods, tons of fun, try yourself in battle of knights and archers in TDM, use different tactics and strategy in CTF or if you don't like war, create lovely structures in Sandbox and blowThis game is one of the best games I've ever played. Very fun and challenging, requires some skill thought. You should definitely try amazing world of King Arthur's Gold, if you haven't already. Tons of mods, tons of fun, try yourself in battle of knights and archers in TDM, use different tactics and strategy in CTF or if you don't like war, create lovely structures in Sandbox and blow stuff for fun. Not really interested in what was said above? try non-official mods for KAG, like Zombies, Assault corpses, Musical bucket, Role play and so on... I really recommend this game. Expand
  6. Apr 11, 2013
    Having played this game for close to two years now, the simple yet everchanging gameplay created by the act of perpetual war on a battleground combined with the community truly makes this a worthwhile investment, especially considering the classic version of the game is almost entirely free, with access to the light smattering of premium features incredibly cheap for the amount of play IHaving played this game for close to two years now, the simple yet everchanging gameplay created by the act of perpetual war on a battleground combined with the community truly makes this a worthwhile investment, especially considering the classic version of the game is almost entirely free, with access to the light smattering of premium features incredibly cheap for the amount of play I have gotten out of the game.
    The flexibility of KAG is incredible, with modded servers making the most of their resources to create vast roleplaying servers and rebirthing old-school arcade games such as Donkey Kong. If anything, this is set to improve even further, with the next iteration of KAG, implementing a fully functional scripting system to bend the game to almost any length through modding.
    Whilst I give this game such acclaim, it is true that there are still some flaws, generally bugs in gameplay which haven't quite been perfectly ironed out, and other such things. To that end, I'm satisfied to give the game a 9/10, although I look longingly towards the future, as so many possibilities remain open to pursue.
  7. Dec 5, 2013
    I'm not completely sure if King Arthur's Gold is a good game. While these are things that can be fixed, I did run into a few glitches that ended up being deciding factors in more than one game instead of skill (A player phasing through a war, explosions randomly going off, etc). I can say that this is a really fun game. The game play has more layers than I first thought.

Capture the

Capture the Halls, where I spent most of my time is MAX 16 vs 16 game where you build defenses before going at it to capture all the spawn points. The defenses, which range from spike pits, stone walls and the like can be determining factors of any game, however the game makes sure to have a balance. Even the greatest fortress will fall with no one is defending it. Many of times my whole team charge at a castle only for an enemy solider to sneak behind us and capture our HQ. Each team also can construct siege weapons such as catapults, ballistia and explosives that encourage players to be aggressive. If you are attacking, setting these up will make quick work against your foes, while if you are being pushed back, taking these over from your enemies should be a priority to help turn the tide.

There are three classes: Knight, Archer and Builder. Knights have a sword that can be charge up to knock away shields, push bombs, leading to constant explosions against castle walls. They can also use their shields to glide after jumping. Archers have a grappling hook and well, arrows. And builders, build. Simple. However, each are important in their own way, fights between knights end up as a sort of real time rock-paper-scissors. Only the charge attacks can penetrate the shields of enemy knights, however the time it takes to charge your sword can leave you valuable to attack. It's easy to learn, but a master swordsman can take out foe after foe without end. Archers can support knights with arrow fire, using their hooks to get high up and pick off vulnerable knights plus they can equip bomb or fire arrows to make quick work of fortresses. Builders are the ones who build everything you will need, from the places you keep your stuff to the stuff you keep in it. Spawn more arrows and bombs for allies or make the before mentioned siege weapons. You can even try to destroy the other team's defenses. You however will only have a weak pickax to defend yourself.

Using what you have combined with team work is key to winning a game. No levels mean that you get better just by getting better. You will learn better traps to make where to put them by either figuring it out or by seeing someone else build it. People keep climbing out of spike pits with only a flesh would? Put a wood platform over it to make sure they can't climb out.

Cons that I can think of, lack of music mostly. There is dull tone that plays SOMETIMES, but mostly the sound of explosions or sword swings are the only company that you will get use to. The conversation screen is small enough that you will forget about it. Which screams of "noob" seems like it would be nice, this can kill you where communication is key. There have been time where I cry for support only none to come.

There is nothing to really punish you if you rage quit. Also while you can kick players for things such as griefing, it might be too late for your castle by the time you do.

You are only as strong as your weakest link. There have been times where someone on my team decide to AFK right at the door of the fortress allowing the other team to walk right into and capture a base. Even I did some really stupid stuff, like destroying a wall because I didn't support it enough before trying to replace a stone that was breaking,

This is a great game. You build, you fight, you win or lose. I would suggest this game. There are a lot of ways to play this game. A lot of strategy to try out. You have to fore see how your opponent plays and the better team usually wins.
  8. Nov 3, 2013
    King Arthur's Gold is one of the greatest indie games currently active.

King Arthur's Gold is one of the greatest indie games currently active.

"KAG is a multiplayer deathmatch game played with up to 32 players. Build castles and wage war on the enemy team as a Knight, Archer or Builder in a fully destructible medieval world. It blends the best cooperative aspects of Lost Vikings, mashes them with Worms, with the visual style of Metal Slug, brought to you by the creators of Soldat."

The above description (ripped from the website) is quite enough however I must point out that this game can handle more than 32 players if you're curious.

Pros:
    - Great visuals
    - Great support for modding with automatic downloads of mods from servers
    - Unique, refreshing gameplay
    - Great community
    - Some player customization (can change player's head and gender)

Cons:
    - Bad learning curve (takes a while to grasp what this game has to offer in it's default state)

I was about to list a couple bugs with the engine however as this game is in active development they are being squashed quite often. King Arthur's Gold is a great, growing multiplayer platformer. Recommending this game to just about everyone.
  9. Jun 5, 2014
    A pretty awesome game, but the developers screwed up big time by releasing it as the most buggiest mess on earth, causing all servers to have inbetween 100-300 ping. Including official ones If you were in the same region with fiber optics.

Nowadays, everyone has left it for dead and I can't say I blame them.
  10. Apr 11, 2013
    The game is fast paced action, which never gets boring, and the graphics are beautiful in their own way. The community is very kind and easy to get along with. It has a great future as it has been announced it is coming to Steam. Physics system is enticing with gravity and collapses are sight to behold, and the introduction of fire!

A few bugs but with the beta nearly out and the

A few bugs but with the beta nearly out and the promises of modding, with the Developers providing the tools, it is a very exciting time.
  11. Apr 10, 2013
    One of the best indie games you can find on the internet. The background reminds SNES old times. Be ready to defend your castle, build it and repair it! You can choose between 3 classes (knight, archer and builder). Everyone should give it a go
  12. Nov 9, 2013
    This is a fantastic little gem of a game. It was an impulse buy on steam and I've already put eight hours into it. Has great potential with further development.
  13. Dec 2, 2013
    Been playing this game for 3 years and I still love to start it up and get into an hour long game. It keeps up a nice fast pace, well except when your team is comprised of 12yo who just got off minecraft lol.
  14. Feb 7, 2014
    Игра затягивает на долго. Постоянно открываешь для себя что-то новое в игре.
    Сплоченная команда - залог победы. Игра с друзьями становиться увлекательнее.
    Игра заставляет быстро думать, приспосабливаться к меняющемуся миру. Без стратегии долго не протянешь. Вначале немного нужно набить руку для хорошей игры. Игра имеет средний порог вхождения. Игра хардкорна. Нужно иметь хорошую реакцию.
    Игра затягивает на долго. Постоянно открываешь для себя что-то новое в игре.
    Сплоченная команда - залог победы. Игра с друзьями становиться увлекательнее.
    Динамичные бои не заставят скучать. Сложность игры зависит от мастерства соперника.
    Это азартная игра. Никто заранее не знает когда закончится раунд, через 5 минут или через час.
    Присутствует много путей к победе в игре, можно даже никого не убивать.Полностью интерактивный мир, реалистичная физика, забавная графика и звуки, забавные моменты.
    Огромное множество фичь!
    Руби, жги, взрывай, затопляй, стреляй, строй, создавай, разрушай, завоевывай, защищай, бегай, пари, катайся, плавай, кради, покупай, находи, прячь, убегай, догоняй, ... в игре King Arthur's Gold.

Минус: недобросовестные игроки, но присутствует мгновенное голосование для решения этих проблем.

Минусы меркнут перед достоинствами!
    Советую каждому любителю экшен игр, скучно не будет точно!
  15. Mar 12, 2014
    Best build and destroy game I've ever play. Building phase is just long enough to make some base, and then you have to conquer enemy base. Lot of fun especially in long run when resources are low. There could be more deep hidden gold or maybe a stone, but that's okay. You don't need to play one game all day.
  16. Nov 17, 2013
    This game is unique and fun to play. My only wish is that the developers would add unlocks. After a few hours the game gets old. (Maybe adding unlock-able heads would spice things up?) This game is a blast, however I don't see any reason to keep playing. Overall KAG is a fantastic retro looking game!
  17. Nov 14, 2013
    This game is amazing for the price of 10 dollars. The developers have done an excellent job balancing building and destruction. Every game it seems people are able to leverage their creativity and construct some really amazing traps. The sword fighting while initially simple has multiple levels of mastery. If you like terraria/ctf/basebuilding/team fortress 2 I recommend this game.
  18. Jun 22, 2017
    Fun. Various community maps, different servers and mods. Fairly tight controls, fun mechanics, nice multiplayer.
    Maybe a little complicated for beginners to get in since the game is generally pretty skill-based - if you're beginning, don't be afraid to say it. Ask for tips, why you are something wrong, etc. - a large part of the community expects you to play well.
  19. Dec 21, 2017
    The negative:

The community can be unpleasant, but is generally forgiving and open to new players. There is a pretty steep learning curve, and the lack of a decent tutorial makes this worse. Balance and maps have improved, but I still find long, 3-4 hour stalemates fairly common in large matches. The positive: King Arthur's Gold is a truly unique experience. There's something for
    The negative:

The positive:

King Arthur's Gold is a truly unique experience. There's something for everyone in this game, whether you enjoy building massive fortresses, killing hordes of enemies, or role playing on a giant map with different races and factions. There is a decent competitive scene if you're into that sort of thing. Matches are usually full of people with mixed experience, so newer and more casual players can enjoy themselves as well. KAG is one of the most unique, addictive, and challenging games that I have ever played, and is definitely worth checking out.

All things considered, King Arthur's Gold is probably the best ten dollars I've ever spent on Steam.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 4 Critic Reviews

1. Jan 22, 2014
    King's Arthur Gold is not the Terraria clone that you would expect looking at the screens: it has it's own pace and fresh game modes.
  2. Games Master UK
    Jan 14, 2014
    Manages to bring its brand of sandbox building smoothly into the chaotic competitive multiplayer realm. [Feb 2014, p.78]
  3. Dec 2, 2013
    But I digress, for those bugs do not take away from my overall impression of King Arthur’s Gold, which is a great multiplayer game that stands out from the crowd by being something that embraces lunacy and remains grounded with simple mechanics that allow for a variety of strategies.