8.1

Generally favorable reviews- based on 2012 Ratings

1. Feb 17, 2018
    Tried to like it, but nope I just hate it. The game feels unfinished through and through, and unfortunately I think the developers are too inexperienced to be able to fix it.

Too clunky and unresponsive/delayed movement and combat - and if someone says "realism" you are just wrong. Not particularly impressed by graphics and it's just too glitchy and badly performing even on a Geforce 1080 TI (with the lastest drivers updated for this game). Very difficult to enjoy unless you hit 60FPS perfectly all the time (and you can't) - it feels like frame rate drops to 10 even though the in game FPS meter shows 45. You can't leave the game when you want, because of the moronic save system.

Don't buy all the rave reviews, there's an explanation for that which is not about the game being great.
  2. Feb 14, 2018
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Excellent cutscene simulator, terrible open world RPG. Each quest is a series of incredibly long and badly animated cutscenes divided up by a few minutes of walking or fighting. This would be fine, if the story were at all original or compelling. Get ready to avenge the death of your parents in a video game for the 947th time! The peaceful village where you do the tutorial? It gets destroyed! What a shocking twist!

Gameplay is incredibly slow and boring. Because I was so bored I began to notice all of the smaller flaws as well. My favorite is that every dog is identical. I'm serious. The Lord's hunting dogs, the dog in your starting village, and the guard dogs which populate the towns all share a single identical model. Don't waste your money on this lazy trash like I did.
  3. Feb 14, 2018
    Life long RPG fan here. This is one of the worst RPG's I have ever played. The graphics are no where near what the trailers showed for the PS4 version. The load times are horrendous. Pre quest, mid quest and end quest load times are unacceptable! The combat system is clunky and unplayable. The character face animations do not match the voice acting. This game should not have been releasedLife long RPG fan here. This is one of the worst RPG's I have ever played. The graphics are no where near what the trailers showed for the PS4 version. The load times are horrendous. Pre quest, mid quest and end quest load times are unacceptable! The combat system is clunky and unplayable. The character face animations do not match the voice acting. This game should not have been released in this condition. Don't get me started on the lack of a proper save system. There are so many instances of where they put supposed REALISM over fun. I have no problem with a game being hard to beat or play in order to promote REALISM but not like this. Playing Kingdom Come is like you are playing an NPC is a real RPG somewhere else. You will never be great, you will never be a good fighter, and you will never get to do what you really want to do in the game. If that's your real choice for REALISM in a game then maybe this game is for you. Expand
  4. Feb 14, 2018
    Slow dialogues that honestly make the characters seem a little bit mentally challenged are mixed with a lot of hype and fanboyism about nothing but a forced "realism" with a reputation system that doesn't make any sense. This game has a lot of bugs and is also pretty hard to get above 30 fps.
  5. Feb 13, 2018
    Was walking around in full plate armor, with a sword, got into a fight with a peasant, and I went flying off into space. I never came back to the ground, and had to load an earlier save to fix the issue. The music would also cut out randomly, and the only way to fix it was to reload a save, or just quit the game and restart it.

Combat is janky, and just feels like it has no weight to

Combat is janky, and just feels like it has no weight to it. Putting an arrow into some dudes dome, only makes him flinch, and then fight me. Doing a stealth attack/kill on someone just feels odd, and seems like it was copied from a game that was made five years ago or so.

Any time you talk to someone, you have a short load screen, and then have a papyrus meets comic sans style font to pick what you say. Also, if you talk to someone near a table/desk, your character will jump on top of it.

Fast traveling, sometimes ends up with me naked, in the middle of the road, and with no horse. The horse also controls like it is covered in molasses.

This is all after the day one patch, and I honestly feel like this game needs another 6 months to a year to iron all of this out. This **** is not acceptable, just like Skyrim/Fallout/Whatever else you want to point out as having a buggy release. Wait for it to go on sale and give it a buy.

ALSO NOTE: The tutorial is about 4 to 6 hours long, so you don't even get to the meat of the game, until after the time limit on a refund.
  6. Feb 13, 2018
    The story is good, the atmosphere is also good, but what is not good are those millions of bugs everywhere. Daniel Vavra, the leader of Warhose studio, many times hated The Witcher or Skyrim developors that they were not able to release a game without bugs. And what happened now? Mr. Vavra released a game with bugs combined from both Skyrim and The Witcher. This game could have been a 8 orThe story is good, the atmosphere is also good, but what is not good are those millions of bugs everywhere. Daniel Vavra, the leader of Warhose studio, many times hated The Witcher or Skyrim developors that they were not able to release a game without bugs. And what happened now? Mr. Vavra released a game with bugs combined from both Skyrim and The Witcher. This game could have been a 8 or 9 game without bugs and overrealism and, what is the most important, without the ego of Vavra. This guy is someone who is not needed in the video game industry at all. If you wish, PM me and I will translate some of his criticisms of other games. He is an absolute disgrace to this industry. Expand
  7. Feb 14, 2018
    Game would be great if it wasn't buggy as hell.... It's seriously annoying. Invisible doors, invisible people, i once died and after i spawned there were like 50 dead people around me standing up like in a **** stephen king novel. Equally as annoying are the the time the game takes to load a conversation.... it sometimes takes up to 20 seconds so i can finally speak to someone, evenGame would be great if it wasn't buggy as hell.... It's seriously annoying. Invisible doors, invisible people, i once died and after i spawned there were like 50 dead people around me standing up like in a **** stephen king novel. Equally as annoying are the the time the game takes to load a conversation.... it sometimes takes up to 20 seconds so i can finally speak to someone, even opening the map takes time.

There are also bugs included which will make quests completely unsolvable because people just disappeared and you can't talk to them... Which wouldn't be a problem if you could just save everytime you want to so you wouldn't have to play parts from the beginning but thank god you can't do that because you can only save the game if you drink a certain potion. I get it. It's meant to be difficult but looting for 10 minutes and then getting killed and you have to loot again is just annoying and takes the fun out of the game or having to play quests again because the people just aren't there.

A nice bug is also that bushes are deadly as **** because if you walk through they sometimes work like you are walking up a hill and you will break your legs if you try to climb down from them.

Everyone is talking about the atmosphere but if i'm walking through a city and the textures aren't loading and it looks like a **** Hundertwasser painting with just walking clothes without faces it destroys the atmosphere completely...

i don't get the positive reviews. How low are the expectations nowadays that we accept all the bugs? I payed 50 bucks for the game and i expect a decent game and not a game which will be bug-free in a few months... if i'm lucky.

Apart from that i see the potential... But currently it's no fun playing.

Update: I still kept playing... and seriously sometimes it feels like it's the best game ever but it's just incredible frustrating the times you have to do things twice or three or four times because the game is buggy... Mini Spoiler i did the main quest with the priest and got drunk and held his speech for him and what happens? Game just keeps loading and loading after that and nothing happens. I did reload an old safegame and what happens? Right the same bug again. And this is just one example stuff like that happens ALL THE **** TIME.

If you enjoy doing quests over and over and over again or reloading old safegames and losing lots of equipment you will surely have a blast.
    All that wouldn't be such a problem if the time this game takes to load wouldn't be an eternity. It makes it much more frustrating because you either can't play because of the bugs or you are stuck looking at a loading screen....

If they would fix the bugs this game would get a 10/10 score but at this point you will probably just get the feeling of throwing your controller out of the window... Or they should just let you safe at anytime... this would at least make it a little bit less annoying... So you don't have to replay the stuff over and over again...
  8. Feb 13, 2018
    This game runs like garbage

i7 6700k
    1080ti
    32gb ram

Ultra settings - 24 fps max
    Medium settings - 40 fps max

Fps fluctuates rapidly, especially after cut scenes or when you move at all

Laggy, choppy, sluggish controls.

Currently feels unplayable
  9. Feb 13, 2018
    This game is an unfinished product. Letting go of such an underdeveloped and grumbling game should be a scandal. It is simply not a product for which anyone could demand full payment.
    Mass of bugs, glitch, tragic optimization, disappearing characters and items, etc., etc.
    Calling this trash the full version of the game is impudent. This game should get another 3 additional patches of 20GB to be able to name it a full-value product.
  10. Feb 13, 2018
    This game tries to be way too much. The story is jam-packed with useless information. Combat is bearable at best, especiallly from the 1st-person perspective. Gameplay is buggy as **** like the other reviewers have stated. I guess the graphics are nice?
  11. Feb 13, 2018
    Quite a piece of buggy **** Battle system is awfull. 3 points for **** SJW biotrash. 0 - for the game itself
  12. Feb 13, 2018
    Bugs and glitches everywhere...with really plotstoppers, so it is very difficult to have a normal gameplay...
    Hours of progress get lost, cause of necessary reloading of previous savegames...
    And Warhorse are brazenly handling their Kickstarter-Backers...cause the backers get not the material(printed manual, metal case, T-shirts in different sizes etc.), which Warhorse has promised in the KS-campaign...
    For KS-backers KCD is scam-ware...
  13. Mar 15, 2019
    Тонны багов, уродливая графика, деревянная анимация, реализм за 300, тупые квесты и откровенное враньё разрабов. Шлак а не игра.
  14. Feb 27, 2019
    The character can not jump over the fences and obstacles that the child will jump. The combat system sounded good until I tried it - the magnetized sight constantly breaks down and is extremely uncomfortable. Very long downloads of locations, lags in the rain, unobvious solutions for quests and game mechanics.
  15. Jan 8, 2019
    A boring walking simulator where you walk or use your horse 85% of the time withouth anything interesting happening.Story wise its average but kinda enjoyable.Some of the side quests made me chuckle really well written but overall its boring
  16. Aug 18, 2018
    >poor peasant with an axe
    >blocks my bastrad sword 3 times in a row then performs a combo
    Realism/10
  17. Mar 3, 2018
    OK, ill start this review with saying this, i'm saying this from a perspective of someone that didn't know anything about the game other then it was quite popular when i bought it.

Having played this game for just over 50 hours, I've gave up. The game has a lot of problems and from the what I've read/ asked myself online, the developers just don't care. here are a few of the problems

here are a few of the problems without any spoilers:

1. you need to use an item to save or sleep in a bed, this is a mechanic i quite like actually but comes apart with how much the game crashes/ freezes causing you to lose (on some occasions) hours of game play.
    2. Some quests are just plain broken (they wont let you talk to a character you need to)
    3. Some of the controls are tricky at first and the game gives vary little tutorials
    4. There is a quest in the game that ones started corrupts your other save files...yes i mean it
    5. the big one here is that the developers are not answering questions and communicating with the consumer base to fix these problems, the one update I've had during my play (patch 1.04) was suppose to fix some quest bugs but all it did for me was break some others.

i really wish i didn't have to make this review as the story and idea of this game are amazing, but with so many problems and so little answers from the developers i feel i need to.

This is the first game in over 2 years that i haven't got the platinum trophy for,it pains me more then most people would imagine to break that streak but unfortunately this game in its current state (patch 1.04) is just too broken to play.

Sorry about the grammar
  18. Mar 8, 2018
    This should be a great game. It should, but it's not. This is the most glitched, broken, and unpolished game I have ever played. Shame on warhorse for not even trying to put any polish or effort into troubleshooting before releasing. I spent $60.00 to be going along having a great time only for the game to freeze or glitch a quest so I have to go back 4 hours of gameplay because you can'tThis should be a great game. It should, but it's not. This is the most glitched, broken, and unpolished game I have ever played. Shame on warhorse for not even trying to put any polish or effort into troubleshooting before releasing. I spent $60.00 to be going along having a great time only for the game to freeze or glitch a quest so I have to go back 4 hours of gameplay because you can't just save whenever you like. Don't even get me started on the save function. If I were you (someone who has not yet bought the game) I would wait a month or two before buying so the can polish their turd a little. Expand
  19. Feb 28, 2018
    The game is crippled with bug and broken quests and since one can't save at will the result is pure frustration. It's a shame because it could be a great game if it worked as intented. Friendly advice: don't buy it yet.
  20. Feb 25, 2018
    Kingdom Come looks beautifui and I can appreciate there being a game doing the whole "historically accurate medieval" thing. But it is very broken in its current state. I have played through the entire game's main questline and had multiple problems, especially in the second half of it. There are issues with the various systems included in the game.

Firstly, the quests themselves. Many

Firstly, the quests themselves. Many are buggy and borderline broken. You're able to experience things like NPCs you're supposed to talk to having their "talk" option disabled, the game lingering in "combat mode" making it impossible for you to interact with people and continue the quest, or even having 10 enemies spawn directly around you in a corner while your weapon is unsheathed and you're supposed to be carrying someone's body out of the premises. These issues appear more and more as the game progresses. It's apparent it wasn't tested nearly enough for a final release.

Then, there's the reputation system. You can kill a lone NPC located a mile away from the city and somehow the entire city becomes aware of it, decreasing your reputation with it. This is despite the fact there were no witnesses. This wouldn't be so bad if having a low reputation in a city was no big deal, but it makes questing in it borderline unplayable because NPCs will require you to pay them sums of gold just to speak to them. Imagine having to speak to multiple NPCs to complete a quest, and having them force you to pay them EVERY SINGLE TIME you speak to them. If you end the dialogue and need to talk to them again, you have to pay up once more. This can even happen with main quest givers. To make this worse, I've had a quest falsely lower my reputation after engaging in a fist fight (which was required by a main quest's objective) and there's no easy way of raising your reputation back up (other than going to jail, which takes away 10 in-game days and applies a debuff your stats).

There's a loading time every single time you speak to an NPC. Every. Single. Time. Sometimes it takes as little as 2 seconds, but it's also taken me up to 25 seconds to load a single scene. And those long ones weren't complicated scenes either, just regular nameless peasants. This killed a great part of the immersion for me and discourages you from talking to NPCs altogether. Not to mention, Oblivion, which came out nearly 12 years ago, had no loading times for dialogue with NPCs.

The combat feels clunky and unresponsive. Strong opponents take forever to take down if you play the intended way, or can be ridiculously easy to drop if you cheese them. It feels very janky and unrewarding at the same time. Archery is a joke, you just can't hit anything. Even with a crosshair mod, it's awful and arrows tend to go in whatever directions they feel like.

The most enjoyment I got out of this game in the end was some of the main storyline (the scene with the priest is one of the most entertaining I've seen in a video game - it completely caught me off guard) but even that was soured by a disappointing ending. I also liked just looking around Bohemia, which is beautifully crafted for the most part. But just walking around in the open world gets boring very fast. You keep encountering the same 4-5 random events and they grow stale extremely quickly.

Most of my time with the game was marked with frustration. It's clear it was rushed towards the end in order to meet the intended release date. Hopefully bugs and issues get fixed with time, but in its current state, Kingdom Come isn't worth it.
  21. Feb 19, 2018
    I got unfinished game, glitches, bugs, infinite loadings if u did smthing wrong (from the point of view of developers (sic)), i had feeling that i play alpha version. Why its not 10/10: 1)Am i wrote about technical component? 2) Most of game is boring (ex. 90% of quest are template: talk, bring, kill). 3) Situations on the road (believe me, after 100th quick travel u will pray forI got unfinished game, glitches, bugs, infinite loadings if u did smthing wrong (from the point of view of developers (sic)), i had feeling that i play alpha version. Why its not 10/10: 1)Am i wrote about technical component? 2) Most of game is boring (ex. 90% of quest are template: talk, bring, kill). 3) Situations on the road (believe me, after 100th quick travel u will pray for murdering all of random NPCs on roads), 4) Dense vegetation (ex. shrub) = wall. 5) Small world (i dont think that real Bohemia was so small). Why its not 0/10: 1) Combat, 2) Mini games such as alchemy, 3) Several not boring quest. If u still want to play this - wait 2-3 months for at least beta version of game. Expand
  22. Mar 8, 2018
    Dear Warhorse Studios, stop making any more games, i dont think you know what you are doing.
    You know that your game is almost impossible to play and enjoy it. The bugs is everywhere you go.
    Its alpha for 40$. The graphics is extremelly downgraded and its looks like upgraded witcher 1 visuals. below 30fps with 4770 and 1080 what a shame. Finish you game and then sell it. Stupid
    below 30fps with 4770 and 1080 what a shame.

Finish you game and then sell it. Stupid fu..... Czech game developers!
  23. Mar 11, 2018
    Game is broken and unplayable, patches fix one issue but introduce 10 more. Patches also come slowly even when known gamebreaking bugs which prevent progress are well documented.

Perhaps in a year this game will be worth buying, as the concept. setting, and story are interesting unfortunately the underlying systems need a hell of a lot of work still. Should have been delayed at least several more months, likely a year.
  24. Feb 27, 2018
    Well done beta so far. Tons of gliches and bugs. Zero performance optimization. You need to wait sometimes more than 10 seconds until the game loads god knows what when you start a simple dialog. Ridiculous freezes that last more than 5 seconds when you cannot do anything, because the game is coded so poorly that one of the CPU cores has constantly 100% usage. 3rd party programs needed toWell done beta so far. Tons of gliches and bugs. Zero performance optimization. You need to wait sometimes more than 10 seconds until the game loads god knows what when you start a simple dialog. Ridiculous freezes that last more than 5 seconds when you cannot do anything, because the game is coded so poorly that one of the CPU cores has constantly 100% usage. 3rd party programs needed to fix what the devs forgot to fix. Probably a good medieval RPG game within next 6 months when the bugs are fixed and some optimization is added. Stay away until then. All the issues just ruin the fun now. Expand
  25. Mar 10, 2018
    This would be a absolute masterpiece if it wasn't so f****** bug'ed. Wished I waited to buy the game, or they fixed it before release.
  26. Mar 16, 2018
    Forget what you read in 10/10 and listen to someone who actually is neutral about the game, i have played this game and i enjoyed the story

..thats all, yup because thats the only thing youll enjoy buddy the fact the i ran into some game breaking bugs and had to wait for them to patch it or the lock-picking is impossible and the Combat is SO BAD, the only way to describe it is its like you have a jiggle head and you can face one enemy at a time while the game wont fear throwing 3 well armed guys on you from time to time, or the fact enemies know where you are hitting 90% of the time, game is pissing me off and plain broken you are bound to face a bug you cant go through or exploit a treasure location to get advanced gear, any form of combat is WAY worse than anything i played
    , this game need a year in remaking , they already did a 22 gig of patches which is almost the game size which fixed it from unplayable to almost unplayable and now another 15 gig patch, im happy they are trying but SHAME ON YOU ,for releasing it in such a broken state! you couldn't have not known of half of this mess!
  27. yum
    Apr 8, 2018
    (patch 1.3!!!) : UNPLAYABLE! Way too many gamebreaking bugs. Way too many crashes.
    Within the 7 hours i have played i have had about 20 times when i couldnt progress at all for some reason.
    At one point i hit "skip" at an unopportune time during the startup of the game and my entire screen turned red AND IT STAYED RED AFTER I CLOSED THE GAME! I had to restart my PC to get rid of it.

If you have too many savegames the game crashes instantly everytime you load in.

Door glitch still exists.

Quests getting stuck permanently.

More crashes.
  28. Mar 30, 2018
    warhorse is stuck in a cycle of breaking more than it can fix. KCD could boast replayability, that is, if its player base were restarting the game after completion instead of a faulty patch. (having lost almost 200 hours of in-game character building myself,) Warhorse has over extended its stay on steam and the last 24 hours have reflected that, seeing its reviews crash 10 percent in underwarhorse is stuck in a cycle of breaking more than it can fix. KCD could boast replayability, that is, if its player base were restarting the game after completion instead of a faulty patch. (having lost almost 200 hours of in-game character building myself,) Warhorse has over extended its stay on steam and the last 24 hours have reflected that, seeing its reviews crash 10 percent in under 24 hours with patch 1.4 and an ineffective hotfix 1.4.1. This latest patch has seen warhorse studios ramping up their product by introducing Haircuts and Easter eggs followed closely by destroying save files from 1.3 and the inability to complete the main quest line which was formerly intact in 1.3.4.

but hey, at least Henry can get a hair cut if your willing to restart or buy the game that cant be finished. Maybe look for some Easter eggs while you anticipate a patch 1.5. As for me and a large amount of preexisting player base, well we're just tapped out.
  29. Apr 1, 2018
    As an action game, KCD is superb; the combat system is neat, it looks real pretty and it's pretty linear. Calling it an RPG is where it falls apart though. Yes,the limited available skills level up, yes, you have some modicum of control over your actions, but these are the only characteristics that make it an RPG. You cannot influence your character's morality or mindset in any meaningfulAs an action game, KCD is superb; the combat system is neat, it looks real pretty and it's pretty linear. Calling it an RPG is where it falls apart though. Yes,the limited available skills level up, yes, you have some modicum of control over your actions, but these are the only characteristics that make it an RPG. You cannot influence your character's morality or mindset in any meaningful way, you are a bog standard fantasy hero who exists only to further the game's weak plot, you cannot be anything more or less than this. Notice the word "fantasy" in the last sentence, this is at odds with any description the developers gave for this game, so it's use will be elaborated upon: none of the NPCs have the same thought process as the PC, he will make decisions that no other people in the same situation will make, they will not make these decisions because a successful outcome is very unlikely, though somehow, he will succeed again and again and again. NPCs that would realistically pay him no heed dote over him, while people he knows personally will pay little attention to his actions. If the plot of this game happened in the background while you were a character you created (even if that was limited to just picking the gender and some small back story changes), with strong economic and crafting systems to support you doing whatever profession you like while reacting to developments however you think is appropriate this would be a great game that meets its promises, but because it lacks these small changes the game is disappointing.
    Basically, if you like FPS games and want to try swords and shields out, this game is for you. if you like RPGs, Skyrim will give you more or less the experience this game promised, and a couple of mods can sort out the few differences, and The Witcher will give you a better version of what this game is.
  30. Apr 2, 2018
    This could be a very good RPG, however it's not. Due to numerous bugs that breaks the game, sometimes you can't complete a quest and need to abandoned it and continue, this will make you fail the quest and you lost that opportunity. It's a shameful display really, because the game world is very beautiful, the fighting mechanics are excellent, and the game keeps fighting you to continue toThis could be a very good RPG, however it's not. Due to numerous bugs that breaks the game, sometimes you can't complete a quest and need to abandoned it and continue, this will make you fail the quest and you lost that opportunity. It's a shameful display really, because the game world is very beautiful, the fighting mechanics are excellent, and the game keeps fighting you to continue to play it.

I get it, they (War Horse) was running out of money and need to get the game out of the door, they should have sold it as early access, campaigned for more backers anything but releasing a game with so many bugs and issues.

I truly hope they now got the finances to polish the game and to complete the story as it ends kind of brutal.
  31. Oct 7, 2018
    Не могу понять за что эту игру любят?
    Боёвка ужасная,багов много а интеллект туп до пробки!
  32. Jan 3, 2019
    Full of game breaking bugs and glitches still in 2019. Clunky combat and unrewarding animations. The story is abandoned halfway through. This is a bad game that is quite overrated for some obscure reason.

The attempt at realism is the only novel aspect of the game I suppose, but they have failed so hard at it that it just feels like a halfway done clunky mess of a prototype. Nothing feels realistic at all, just repetitive and boring.

Perhaps the biggest achievement of this game is the overall positive reception despite being one of the worst of 2018. But to be honest, it is quite the mystery how people gave this game any more than a 4/10 which it deserves.
  33. Feb 18, 2018
    honestly i rarely give reviews and this my first one on this site and I can say with honesty here the game is unplayable for me and it's not my hardware...
    I can't progress at all because within 10 minutes of playing the game crashes and i either have to task manager out or it black screens my computer. my specs aren't the issue either i can assure you
    AMD fx 8350 overclocked to 4.3ghz
    AMD fx 8350 overclocked to 4.3ghz evga gtx 980ti 16gb of ram etc, the thing is I always stay above 60 fps and i'm only running on high its the games poor optimization that kills it on my system
    which is a shame and the reason i'm only giving it a 2 because the little bit I've played this game has potential to be a very good game but honestly it's unplayable at this point. at this point I've refunded from steam because 10 crashes in 1 hour is ridiculous
  34. Feb 17, 2018
    This game is incredibly, incredibly boring. It wants to believe that by not including magic and other common RPG elements, that it's being *revolutionary* or "different" or something.

Unfortunately, the only way in which it's different is that it's worse.
  35. Feb 18, 2018
    Aside from the horrific optimization and even worse controls (have these devs ever played a PC game before) it's practically like dark souls. If dark souls was a game about trying not to be bored. At every corner of this world boredom strikes and 9 times out of 10, you'll feel a deep dull sensation in your soul, numbness of boredom overtakes you and you just want to close the game and quitAside from the horrific optimization and even worse controls (have these devs ever played a PC game before) it's practically like dark souls. If dark souls was a game about trying not to be bored. At every corner of this world boredom strikes and 9 times out of 10, you'll feel a deep dull sensation in your soul, numbness of boredom overtakes you and you just want to close the game and quit but you don't because you try to figure out what others see in it.

Also the controls are awful, seriously.
  36. Feb 19, 2018
    KC:D Is 'No Mans Sky' for 2018, promised so much and delivered so very little.

KC:D Is 'No Mans Sky' for 2018, promised so much and delivered so very little.

Metacritic always makes me sad when I saw fake, or paid reviews crop up and like clockwork, 10s and other high scores from shills. I'll be straight, this game is garbage right now - this isn't about the difficulty, but that certainly doesn't help its case but the sheer amount of bugs and issues that clearly makes this unfit for release right now, feels barely like a beta build than a launch build.

The combat is needlessly overly complicated and slow paced, not to mention janky at best - in fact, everything you do feels slow paced in KC:D - Even the historical accuracy is debatable, right now I suggest anyone interested just to simply hold off until this game has received some major patches that fix some the severe issues this game has, I don't need to repeat what they are; google them for yourself because they are numerous.

Also, this game isn't for casual players period - in fact, it'll break even many Dark Souls players who are used to unfair mechanics - so if your a hardcore player, you're willing to put up with severe bugs or even forced to restart your entire game if your save data is corrupted...then you just might enjoy KC:D - this remember, this game is not for casual players period - this requires time, patience over skill - the fact anyone could play this game if they are willing to put in the time to learn the mechanics, for the rest who are easily frustrated or not used to games like this- avoid.
  37. Feb 18, 2018
    I wasn't expecting this. Game is so resource demanding for nothing. I played more detailed games at medium or even high, and with KCD I can't barely play on low. The freezings and stuttering are a constant, which makes this games unplayable. And you can't just say: "Get a better PC", because as said, I played more demanding games (MGS:V, AC:O, R6:Siege, and other actual games) without anyI wasn't expecting this. Game is so resource demanding for nothing. I played more detailed games at medium or even high, and with KCD I can't barely play on low. The freezings and stuttering are a constant, which makes this games unplayable. And you can't just say: "Get a better PC", because as said, I played more demanding games (MGS:V, AC:O, R6:Siege, and other actual games) without any trouble.

Interactions are fine, you talk to people and can show some attitudes, which reflects what we do in real life and is awesome. You can even bargain with merchants to get better prices on buying and selling.

The music and contexts are very well-placed, I love the codex entries and also reading them, as an Historian I'm in love with it.

The ways of playing the game are also amazing, you want to be a brave soldier? Go for it! You want to be a silent archer? Go for it! You want to be an alchemist? Do it! You want to play as a scholar monk? Then do it!!!! And it's very guided in terms of perks to choose and go on the way.

But unfortunately, graphic settings and optimization are **** the concept is good but I think something got wrong on graphics part, I want to play the game but damn... Is basically unplayable.
  38. Mar 25, 2018
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance
    - 60 dollar game that runs bad on good hardware on medium settings. (26 - 47 fps)
    - 60 dollar game that have bugs on bugs even in main quest line. - 60 dollar game that have small amount of crap side quests. - 60 dollar game that have nothing to explore in world. - 60 dollar game that have awful save system that forces you to repeat hours of your progress. -
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance
    - 60 dollar game that have bugs on bugs even in main quest line.
    - 60 dollar game that have small amount of crap side quests.
    - 60 dollar game that have nothing to explore in world.
    - 60 dollar game that forces you to grind skills just to add play time.
    - 60 dollar game in which combat AI cheats with unlimited stamina and can outrun a horse.
    - 60 dollar game in which bandits wear full plate armor, despite not having any groshen in their pockets.
    - 60 dollar game in medieval setting without throwables, crossbows and arbalests.
    - 60 dollar game in which arrows fired from long bows fly slower than stone fired from toy slingshot.
    - 60 dollar game that has solid bushes ( you cannot go thru them) and in some places in world there are literal fences of bushes that you have work around.

Buy it only when its 50-60% off (it will be patched by then, I think) or just wait for better game - M&B:Bannerlord...
  39. Apr 24, 2018
    Реализм, который на самом деле ничерта не реализм. Среди всех RPG эту можно назвать RPG-дауном (даже анимация лиц у персонажей соответствующая). Из положительных моментов только то, что это middle ages и то, что в игре есть красивые панорамы. Всё. Остальное, что связанно с этой игрой, сплошь и рядом идиотизм, начиная с экономики с боёвкой и заканчивая повествованием (никакой вариативностиРеализм, который на самом деле ничерта не реализм. Среди всех RPG эту можно назвать RPG-дауном (даже анимация лиц у персонажей соответствующая). Из положительных моментов только то, что это middle ages и то, что в игре есть красивые панорамы. Всё. Остальное, что связанно с этой игрой, сплошь и рядом идиотизм, начиная с экономики с боёвкой и заканчивая повествованием (никакой вариативности в квестах, анусное кольцо на полэкрана во время боя, которое скипается абузом Shift-а, и фарм голды воровством/мародёрингом трусов, реализм кста, ога). Expand
  40. Feb 16, 2018
    This game should have never been made. There are so many things that are wrong.
    This game should have never been made. There are so many things that are wrong.
    First of all, on a GTX1080Ti it can't keep 60FPS on ultra, and I didn't even play in 4K, The graphics aren't what makes a good game, but it helps if it isn't a technical disaster. The faces look like ones from a decade ago, only more detailed. The eyes stare into nothingness at all times, making conversations extremely unengaging, though I wouldn't say that better animations would have improved anything. The writers seem to think that good writing equals medieval stylization. It does not. The story is full of boring, predictable quests. Gameplay mechanics are explained with walls of text, which is an unforgivable flaw when you design a game in 2018. The game's world works, with all it's details and actually interessting historical info, but it simply doesn't work as a game. Aiming for realism led to creating many frustrating mechanics, that make the player seek for exploits rather than immerse him in the character of Henry. Don't even get me started about combat... I was said it's going to feel good when I get a hang of it. Well, it doesn't. Now I'm simply not losing, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm not enjoying it. The only thing that justifies Warhorse Studios is the fact that it's their first game, though I can't like a game only because it was made by beginners. They should have made something smaller but actually playable by anyone other than medieval enthusiasts. A well designed KC:D would take 15-20 hours at most. On the upside: the world feels real and organic, like it actually belongs in it's setting, the educational values are high and it looks beautiful, considering you have a 1080Ti and din't mind playing the game in Full HD.

The language version in which I had played has many grammatical and punctuation errors, but it doesn't affect my score, since most of the players will enjoy, or should I say: get through the game in English.
  41. Mar 14, 2018
    For me time is precious. If I invest my time into a video game it has to be a game that won't have bugs that make you loose all progress.
  42. Feb 16, 2018
    Horrible Gameplay, most broken game I have ever seen in my life. Combat, which is interesting is totally broken. Anybody owning a game try standing on stairs and fight; see what happens. Game is totally random; yet failing objectives will results in game end. The question is why making something random if you cannot progress in plot.

I feel for those who spent money on the game;

I feel for those who spent money on the game; conclusively its early release that charged full sum without informing people that game is hardly playable.

On another hand, beautiful and interesting world (perhaps the only thing that you can call realism) , more or less addictive main story. Its shame that this kind of world accompanied by such a horriable game play.

I give this game four points for world and plot. Rest is speak for itself.
  43. Apr 11, 2018
    This game the greatest scam of 2018. If you saw developer diaries, you know what I am talking about. Beautiful landscapes just an achievement of Cry Engine, not of Warhorse studio. Overall graphics quality is very low, from almost square apples to soapy and cheap textures. Battle system is not made how developers said in their diary, 6 actions only, vs 15 in the diary. Also, the battleThis game the greatest scam of 2018. If you saw developer diaries, you know what I am talking about. Beautiful landscapes just an achievement of Cry Engine, not of Warhorse studio. Overall graphics quality is very low, from almost square apples to soapy and cheap textures. Battle system is not made how developers said in their diary, 6 actions only, vs 15 in the diary. Also, the battle system is very stupid and realized bad at all. The big world of KCD is empty, in the forest you'll not see wolves, bears, rabbits etc. Also, the world is very poor for events. Quests...quests are quite same and looks alike previous till the end of the game. Questers don't see the difference who standing in front of them, a peasant, or a full armored crusader. Anyway, you'll go to collect herbs to cure the NPCs open fracture(lol, a part of their realism). Every village in which you came, all NPC saying same phrases. In this medieval world, you will not have a food deficiency, every house has a pot with the food. You can freely eat from them and nobody will say you "What are you doing, you stealing my food, WTF". Same story with the beds, you can sleep on each bed which you find, without any aftermaths. You can stun a guard, steal all his items, and he will do what? Right, or - nothing, or - will fight you with the bare hands versus your sword!!! Great realism.... The game has a ton of similar moments. I will not talk about a 100 ton of bugs in this "earlier beta" game. Funny to see that someone write that 'Great story'.... LOL no, this is not true. The story in this game is a cliche, based on revenge. Nothing unique. This piece of monkeys **** is a greater scam, with the 60$ price. Warhorse, I show you my middle finger! Expand
  44. Feb 23, 2018
    Tbh, I can't even call this walking simulator a game, story is ripoff cheap Indian movie, cheap story, bad realization, quest are quite banal, but have some OK ones, mostly this program is about walking, riding, bugging, glitching, talking, walking, riding, bugging, glitching... They add food, but you can eat this food everywhere for free, you are hungry ? Np, find first house, go inside,Tbh, I can't even call this walking simulator a game, story is ripoff cheap Indian movie, cheap story, bad realization, quest are quite banal, but have some OK ones, mostly this program is about walking, riding, bugging, glitching, talking, walking, riding, bugging, glitching... They add food, but you can eat this food everywhere for free, you are hungry ? Np, find first house, go inside, take food, then go sleep on to their bad. You can earn money easily, just find lone house in the middle of the plains and steal dresses from there, but I did not find where and why I should even spend this money, gear ? Np too, you can earn gear same way, just knock down lone guy in plains and take his closes, go to lone house, sleep for two days and here you are, free gear, food, money, combat is very subjective, so will say, that it's slow, most Massive combats in this game are with about 3 guys around you, also you can thrust enemy with exe and hammer... So realistic!!!
    Graphics is bad, it do not even have FX effects, that was implemented in gaming in 2008, no volumetric effects, no lighting effects... Textures are soap, grass is 2D, only wood looks OK, but you can just search Cryengine 3 and you will find tons of videos with Forest on Cry3... Yes, some places look nice, but very outdated, also game runs worse, than BDO and ARK:SE on ultra settings in 50vs50 PvP... Shortly graphics is poor and performance is garbage, especially for such soap visuals.
    About 35% of the game you will be in dialogues, so it should be a powerful part of the game... But NO! dialogues are banal, mostly idiotic and boring, NPCs will talk so many !@#$, that you did not even ask, but will say nothing useful, primary quest dialogues are also bad as hell, meaningless and boring, mostly I had feeling, that playing old cheap garbage movie. Other 50% of the game you will be on road, move from point A, to point B, to point C, to point D, to point E, to point F, to point G, to point H............. Yes, this is almost whole gameplay in this game, moving from point to point, Hello from MMORPGs from 1998 ?... Also when you are moving around, then nothing happen, absolutely nothing happen, world is empty, even in DayZ in solo you will not experience so empty world, and even world do not look good to just move and admire the scenery, still, there are some places, that look nice, but mostly world is ugly, so if you want something to happen, than better "fastravell", then there is more chances, that someone will attack you to finally play the game. And just 5% of the game is entire gameplay. Also intro and prologue is almost 2+ hour long, probably it's made to force player to spend more, than 2h in the game, so you will not able to refund the game, but whole intro and prologue mostly are cutscenes, that have bugs, but look ok, and infinity and boring dialogues about nothing, some useless NPC will tell you story about her whole life for about 30mins will go just on that and you can't skip it, so there are some scenes where someone is killing your family, then you for 1h will be playing walking simulator, then again dialogues about nothing... Also people talk about Realistic Armor... But who give a !@#$ about how realistic armor is if there is no content to play with... And yes, armor have interesting realization, not realistic tbh, but interesting, but game do not really give you a content to use that armor, whole gameplay ion this game is just about 2-3h from 60h of walking and talking about boring and useless and meaningless themes...
    So take care if you are looking to purchase it, wait for free weekend and then try it.
    Also it's a game 5/10 as the game, but cos of all this 10/10 from new accounts who created just one review on this source, I give it 0/10, but it's an average level game, not a !@#$, but definitely not a great. So take care, wait for patches and fixes and try it before purchasing it, cos you will not have enough time to understand what game is in 2 hours to refund it back.

Sorry for my bad English.
  45. Feb 22, 2018
    Did the people giving 10s actually play the game or only the first 10 minutes? The bugs are absolutely eeeeeeverywhere. Just a few really bad ones listed in order of terribleness.

Saves: Manual save just takes your save item and saves nothing. Reputation: kill all witnesses and reputation still takes a massive hit so you cant even sell items anymore. Solution never kill anyone you're

Saves: Manual save just takes your save item and saves nothing.
    Reputation: kill all witnesses and reputation still takes a massive hit so you cant even sell items anymore. Solution never kill anyone you're not supposed to. Terrible.
    Gates: not opening when the guard clearly screams OPEN THE GATE! Now you have the option of just jumping out and never be able to come back in. Nice.

Wait at least 6 months before trying it again and maybe you get alpha version.
    8/10 fists through the monitor.
  46. Feb 22, 2018
    The game will occasionally randomly stop recognizing any of its saves. The only way to fix this is to reinstall the entire game and patch, which is at best a temporary fix . At other times, it will simply stop recognizing input for buttons you need to play the game. For example, the X (I'm on a PS4) will stop registering for function like sleeping -- which is important for saves -- andThe game will occasionally randomly stop recognizing any of its saves. The only way to fix this is to reinstall the entire game and patch, which is at best a temporary fix . At other times, it will simply stop recognizing input for buttons you need to play the game. For example, the X (I'm on a PS4) will stop registering for function like sleeping -- which is important for saves -- and other functions. I gave it chance, but on the PS4 it is just an unmitigated train wreck. Save your money for a game that was developed by people who know what they are doing and actually deserve it. Expand
  47. Feb 15, 2018
    Combat system is a total **** terrible optimization, ugly graphics, controls are terrible, ****ty dialogues, terrible loading screens
  48. Feb 14, 2018
    I get the idea of no manual save, and it is a good idea. But it needs a game that isn't filled with game-breaking bugs and features that continuously break quests, traps you or outright kill you. Even opening a dialogue is exciting in this game, because some of them won't load and lose you an hour hour of progress.

I can't really recommend this game at this stage. It's challenge lies

I can't really recommend this game at this stage. It's challenge lies more in avoiding the game breaking than it does in beating the attempted challenges.

There are components of a solid game here, but they haven't been refined.

Be warned that fanboys and pledges are attacking any negative reviews.
  49. Feb 15, 2018
    This game is very hard to play in its current state and i don't believe it will be any good if its polished. I have to wait 10 sec to wash myself? Really? Anyway if you love frustration, bugs and long loading this game is for you if not stay away.
  50. Feb 27, 2018
    Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat ****Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks.Combat **** sucks. Please fix. Thank you very much. Expand
  51. Apr 15, 2018
    for something that has the same Price tag as a GTA game it should stand up to the billing. graphics are really poor where peoples heads disappear ,even entire castles disappear.. u get stuck in branches on the side of the road even while riding a great powerful horse .. lock picking is definetlly something the creators didn't try on a console while the pc is a piece of cake . so manyfor something that has the same Price tag as a GTA game it should stand up to the billing. graphics are really poor where peoples heads disappear ,even entire castles disappear.. u get stuck in branches on the side of the road even while riding a great powerful horse .. lock picking is definetlly something the creators didn't try on a console while the pc is a piece of cake . so many errors that need fixing ,that its just not worth half the Price tag they put on. Expand
  52. Apr 29, 2018
    After every patch, this game seems to gain more bugs instead of less. The last patch has now broken my game of 25 hours. Many others have played much longer and lost progress. DO NOT BUY YET!
  53. Dec 2, 2018
    I know you can do even worse than this, keep it up ****horse!
    Boring af,
    the combat makes me want to play fallout76 for the rest of my life.

Don't waste a single cent on this crap trust me
  54. Feb 7, 2019
    This game could be an 8 or 9. I REALLY want to enjoy this game but the bugs make it so impossibly hard. I decided to finally write a review as once again I was smashed up on the Rattay Tourney because my shield was held over my face meaning I couldn't see anything or swing to make an attack. It could one of the best games out there but it's broken.

The combat IS hard, I think very hard.

The combat IS hard, I think very hard. The hunting is hard, the horse gets stuck in bushes you don't see until you are in them and apparently you, the son of a blacksmith, are the only man on duty when the bandits come calling (some weird script thing there). None of that really takes away from the game, it just takes some work and getting used to but just when you think you have the combat system just worked out, you're bugged to insanity. If that's what I wanted out of life, I'd ask my wife to let me know everything I have ever gotten wrong. It stands the chance of being more humorous and probably a bit more productive ;)
  55. Dec 13, 2018
    VOTE -10 THIS GAME IS A BUG............. ONLY BUG........... ALWAYS BUG.............. OTHER BUG.............. BUG AND BUG...............
  56. Jan 8, 2019
    Everything is fine, until you have "Unable to load game" alert every freaking time you save it. & once it started it wont end. So the game is awesome, but, until they fix this issue - don't even think to buy this game. It will spoil your life & nerves.
    One big note - game is built so that you just can't save often. Sometimes you spend 2 hour brewing potions, to raise alchemy, then save, then steal smth. out of someone, get caught & trying to load. Done, your 2 hours of work wasted, you feel upset & want to destroying console.
  57. Feb 18, 2019
    1.8.1 247 60 hours and game was crashed (for many users). unplayable. devs know aboit it, but cant do fix it already a week.
  58. Feb 14, 2018
    By far the worst lock picking system ever, combined with bullying of the player by a bugged moral system.
  59. Feb 25, 2018
    The game will occasionally, randomly stop recognizing any of its saves. The only way to fix this is to reinstall the entire game and patch, which is at best a temporary fix . At other times, it will simply stop recognizing input for buttons which is important for game play. --- so I got this from {danieljquinn} I am having the same issue all game data is corrupt or its completelyThe game will occasionally, randomly stop recognizing any of its saves. The only way to fix this is to reinstall the entire game and patch, which is at best a temporary fix . At other times, it will simply stop recognizing input for buttons which is important for game play. --- so I got this from {danieljquinn} I am having the same issue all game data is corrupt or its completely disappeared. I'm on PC. So far it looking like it not the games console/computer but the game itself. . . . #justgoplayrainbow6seige Expand
  60. Feb 27, 2018
    First impressions are everything for me in an RPG... The lack of dragons and magic, ugly theme and ugly world makes it an instant refund on steam for me. I know this might be a very unpopular opinion, but I think the graphics looks awful... I don't find it nice looking at all, and the game felt too slow and sluggish for me to enjoy. Sword fights are just parrying constantly. I just don'tFirst impressions are everything for me in an RPG... The lack of dragons and magic, ugly theme and ugly world makes it an instant refund on steam for me. I know this might be a very unpopular opinion, but I think the graphics looks awful... I don't find it nice looking at all, and the game felt too slow and sluggish for me to enjoy. Sword fights are just parrying constantly. I just don't like the game, don't hate me. Expand
  61. Feb 22, 2018
    Broken game! It's alpha version, nothing more.. Wait for fix, don't waste your time for this.. But when it's finished, it's worth to try...
  62. Mar 1, 2018
    Soldiers bump you through walls and gank you 25 vs 1. Keeps glitching and the fighting system is just broken. Don't buy.
  63. Oct 29, 2018
    In 25 years, I have never seen a game with such jank combat and gameplay get so much praise. It doesn't rear it's head until a bit of the ways in the game. Blah blah, you go through Combat training with a guard captain, and he teaches you the rope, and all seems well.

Then you get into a real fight with simple bandits who can block, parry and dodge like veteran knights, when suddenly everything that you were taught becomes useless, like sending misleading signals when you go to swing.

Aim left, hold swing, move right, land hit, so simple, right? That goes out the window when you run into the aforementioned bandits who will see this coming before you do, dodge or block, and strike. This isn't to mention that even for a blacksmith's son, your character has so little stamina it's insane. I can run for longer without getting winded than this potato can swing his sword, and I have **** Asthma.

God forbid you have to fight 2 people at once, the walking pile of crap that is the targeting system is useless. I actually nailed someone with a thrust, and tried to swing at them when they back was turned, and I actually watched his model freak out and instantly transition back to blocking my angle of attack. I got into a parry match with one bandit in a subsequent attempt that went something like this.

I parry > Attack from a low angle > Parried > I parry again > attack from different angle > Parried > I parry one last time > Attack from another angle > Parried and get half my health removed because he kept dodging and parrying like a knight, not to mention your sword, even if you steal from the executioner, is so piss weak even against people in quilted armor and pots for helmets, you deal barely any damage.

Regardless of whatever it's fans say, there is simply no technique to KCD's gameplay or combet. You know what finally got me through a fight I was having trouble with? Swinging my sword while violently moving my mouse around, and even then they still managed to parry half my attacks and dodge the other half.
  64. Apr 24, 2018
    It's a really good game. I enjoyed my first 40 hours. But after that bugs started. First game killing bug was screen shake bug. It was not a fps drop or stutter I can understand the difference. I and many others faced with this bug, they said it will be fixed in next patch. So I waited 2 weeks and yes it was fixed but this time whatever you do your game is crashes after certain amount ofIt's a really good game. I enjoyed my first 40 hours. But after that bugs started. First game killing bug was screen shake bug. It was not a fps drop or stutter I can understand the difference. I and many others faced with this bug, they said it will be fixed in next patch. So I waited 2 weeks and yes it was fixed but this time whatever you do your game is crashes after certain amount of time(in game time 24 hour) because a quest trigger causes crash. I submit bug report with other players. They didn't talked about fixing it they said they will look into it. It's been 4 weeks and it's not fixed yet.
    Current state of game is worst than Early Access titles on Steam. Because bugs you encounter is game killing bugs. I know people who started new game every patch because of bugs.
    If I were you I would wait atleast 1 year to buy this game. I don't reccomend anyone to buy this game at current state.
  65. Apr 3, 2018
    REVIEW UPDATED: Horrible bugs even with latest patches the game feels unfinished and some quests can not be completed at all. Do not listen to the fanboys that give score 10 to this they are delusional and brainwashed. This game is unfortunately a MESS do not buy it unless the developers polish this trash
  66. Feb 14, 2018
    Рыцарь маминой подруги?

Рыцарь маминой подруги?

Дикость... Вот какое слово не покидало меня за всё время препровождения в KC:D. Час за часом я бил себя по лицу, из раза в раз пытаясь понять, что же меня держит в этом куске программного кода. Новый край, где по заверению разработчиков я волен буду делать с предоставленной мне песочницей всё что захочу? Сюжет приправленный исторической подоплёкой? Или же механики до селе никем не предложенные в других РПГ? Пока я размышлял и попутно пробовал убить собаку, которая при каждом ударе меча даже не скулила, протагонист Генри успел три раза запыхаться, проголодаться и высказать мне своё фи: что дескать в опочивальню мне надо Евгенич. И когда я всё таки оторвался от пса, забив на ой какой ворох "ШЕРОХОВАТОСТЕЙ", начав придерживаться законам вселенной "избавления", в голову пришло осознание, что Kingdom Come: Deliverance - это противовес прошлогодней "Легенды о Зельде"! Мир игры дик и необуздан, но не может в эксперименты. От того назвать проект истинным рыцарем маминой подруги, не получается.
  67. Oct 15, 2018
    Worst combat i have ever seen in a game its useless for a PC player with mouse and keyboard.
    you have to remember combos and time you hit and the game slow down when opponent hit you so it ruins your timing then game has lock on and you cant just simply shift target but moving mouse.
    Some quest just stops in the suddenly when you was expecting more. Sex scenes are Cringe worthy at best.
    Some quest just stops in the suddenly when you was expecting more.
    Sex scenes are Cringe worthy at best.
    The game is full of game braking bugs.
    Boring open world.
    Really bad writing.
  68. May 19, 2018
    I believe this is the worst game I have ever experienced. Not because of game play or the most awkward and almost impossible combat I have had the pleasure of experiencing. But for the simple fact that it crashes everytime I turn around. I mean really, what's the point in releasing games if they simply do not work. Of course, I realize that there are plenty of people saying it's great. ButI believe this is the worst game I have ever experienced. Not because of game play or the most awkward and almost impossible combat I have had the pleasure of experiencing. But for the simple fact that it crashes everytime I turn around. I mean really, what's the point in releasing games if they simply do not work. Of course, I realize that there are plenty of people saying it's great. But my experience is the total opposite. What a waste of money. Expand
  69. Feb 17, 2018
    I had high hopes but this game runs so poorly I cannot give it a high score. I regret my buy when I look at all the potential great games that are released. The experience was jerky and not immersive at all. Maybe they'll fix a lot of things but right now it is a bit crappy.
  70. Feb 13, 2018
    оптимизация отсутствует. боевая система редкостное дерьмо! никому не советую брать
  71. Nov 17, 2018
    This game is **** I can't even progress through starting quest. Don't even think to buy it!!!
  72. Feb 14, 2018
    cliche story, combat is alright when it works, all characters are ugly looking, lockpicking is a joke, saving system is a joke, stiff facial animations which break immersion or any feeling. horrible voice acting which also breaks immersion. lots of bugs in game aswell will definately get my money back.
  73. Feb 14, 2018
    Should I wait tens of seconds for each dialogue? Really?! And all these religious references then ... it's the Middle Ages, ok, but we're also outside the churches. Very out of it. Very far. Unacceptable.
  74. Feb 15, 2018
    Holy Christ, I'm blown away by how fleshed out the missions are so far. Truly impressive!
  75. Mar 13, 2019
    this game sucks ass so bad from buggy mechanics and **** missions to mediocre graphics etc. I really tried to like it, but I ended up vomiting over desk when I accidentally start the game. xD it is just not for me, It could be a cool game though.
  76. Apr 6, 2018
    Игра, безусловно, имеет огромный потенциал! Невероятная атмосфера средневековья .
    Отличный сюжет в игре! Конечно это не ведьмак - задавший темп остальным играм и повысил планку качества игр.
    Но ! 1.Неоптимизированная графика, которая страшно лагает на средних даже комьютерах. 2.Неоптемизированные квесты, которые как бы могут проходиться разными путяни. НО на деле все гораздо сложнее.
    Но !
    2.Неоптемизированные квесты, которые как бы могут проходиться разными путяни. НО на деле все гораздо сложнее. Очень большое количество квестов - которые крешатся и вылетают.
    Вариативность в игре - это несомененно + но когда нельзя реализовать ее в полной мере, то это уже проблема .
    3.Боевая система система проработа не очень хорошо . Я понимаю разработчиков . Они упор сделали на пеший ближний бой - дабы собрать максимальное впечатления от игры.
    Возможность выбора тактик против целей "↑ → ⇙ ∘" и подобный ей - абсолютно не работает против всех практически бронированных целей в латных доспехах и особенно со щитами. Обмануть противникак становится непосильной задачей и все попытки сводятся к нулю.
    4. Звуковое сопровождение кажется не плохим ! Но это в первые пару часов. Потом музыка становится очень однообразной.
    5. Навык алхимия Абсолютно невостребован. Так как имеет очень сложную по рамкам игр систему прокачивания.
    Вывод. Игра отняла огромное количество времени на огромное количество баганых квестов которые так и не были пройдены изза багов.
    И общая оценка - Очень негативная -
  77. Nov 23, 2018
    I cant tell more but its just another RPG game that i seen so much time in the past. Here is pretty much nothing special about. Same gameplay, same characters, same AI, same landscape, same visual effects and even same bugs and problems in decisions. Only the terrible UI, shame parody on fence as a combat and "realistic" survival without any challenge is something new here. Graphic is goodI cant tell more but its just another RPG game that i seen so much time in the past. Here is pretty much nothing special about. Same gameplay, same characters, same AI, same landscape, same visual effects and even same bugs and problems in decisions. Only the terrible UI, shame parody on fence as a combat and "realistic" survival without any challenge is something new here. Graphic is good but i was expect her to be much more detailized and realistic, just like in trailers. But in general - this game is just empty and boring. There is nothing to do except the main quest and no chance to just, you know, roleplay and make your own adventure. Feels like its yet another RPG (that pretty much a more boring reborn of Gothic 3 in my opinion) and world would lose nothing if this game is never exists.
    But hey, you still can ride on horse and listen to her sweet "clip-clop" melody. Some good autistic experience is still here.
  78. Jun 29, 2019
    Are we all playing the same game? Did anyone who gave this a positive review even play the game?

The mechanics are sloppy and horrible, the animations are floaty and unsatisfying, the sound design is boring, the music sucks, the AI is as dumb as a rock, the voice acting is trash, and the game is beyond broken. Seriously I'd hate to live in the middle ages because there are bugs

Seriously I'd hate to live in the middle ages because there are bugs everywhere. This game is boring, has a mediocre story, is blatantly unfinished, and just all around not fun. Anyone who gave this a positive review either knows nothing about game design, doesn't care about the quality of games and shouldn't be reviewing them, or is just on a hype train. Unfinished and glitchy game's don't deserve anything above a 4.
  79. Jul 14, 2019
    If you are looking for a realistic medieval RPG "game" with very, very bad game mechanics. Then this game is for you.
  80. May 15, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Why are people and reviewers giving this train wreck high scores? Have they played an entirely different game?

TLDR: Don't buy this game, don't pirate it either, just don't waste your time with it.

Kingdom Come Deliverance has a really cool concept behind, it might have a good story. If you can get past how bad the overall game is. Gameplay mechanics are horrible, the voice acting is bad, Henry often sounds like one of those 90s computer generated voices as opposed to a human. The dialogue is generally horrific. The music is quite horrible, I can tell they've recorded real instruments but they sound incredibly washed out, I've heard soundtracks made with orchestral sample libraries which sound way better.

Reviewers rave about the "role playing experience", and yes you can choose what to do in the game (somewhat) but either Henry is a hypocrite or the developers decided to give him a set of morals without thinking about the player's actions. At the start of the game you can loot every corpse from Talmberg to Skalitz and still have the option to be all "holier than thou" with the grave robber.

Let's talk about gamepley: pickpocketing? That just doesn't work. Even when you manage to take something before the countdown expires. Combat? It's bad. Welcome to "Walking Backwards: The Game". I only wished. Not only does it suffer from horrible weightless animations but it just doesn't work, the lack of physics and weight behind strikes is just unbearable, there is no proper tutorial to explain how that mess works, the targeting and lock on mechanics don't work half the time. They tried to make it "realistic" but honestly just look for any HEMA video recorded with a head cam and see the difference for yourself.

On the subject of realism: If you play hardcore mode you'll come across enemies that will one or two shot kill you, regardless of what equipment is being used by either combatants. The first "boss" of the game isn't wearing a helmet, and despite me actually landing two head hits with my longsword nothing happened. Whilst he gets two hits with his bat and I'm K.O. (Regardless of the fact that I was wearing gambeson, mail, padded coif, mail coif, and helmet which I got after knocking out a guard in Talmberg).

Later I was doing Theresa's uncle's quest, on the road to the executioner I spotted three bandits readying for an ambush. I sneaked up behind them and managed to kill two, but the third one (an archer with no armor except for an aketon and a seemingly wool hood) spots me, I get in close before he can shoot me and hit him several times in the head, he yields and runs away and in doing so has become GOD because he's invulnerable to everything. Last I checked if you hit someone with a longsword in the head and all he's wearing is a hoodie they aren't going to be running around for long.

How about role-playing? Well, they said you could find multiple solutions to resolve a problem and complete a quest. So I decided to go for that grave robbing quest and get the blasted ring. I wait until dark, find the grave, no ring. So I think to myself: "maybe the bugger took it" so I take the initiative and sneak into his house, knock him out while he sleeps and search every inch of that place. No ring. The I return to the miller and he goes like: "the ring must be inside his house in a chest somewhere". guess what? The ring will spawn only AFTER you tell the miller there was no ring on the corpse. SO IMMERSED.

Talking about "immersion". Not only is the HUD utterly horrible, seriously, you have the useless dot everywhere except for when you actually need it (archery) so why bother in the first place? If you try to climb over a (not even that steep a hill you'll realize either Henry has the motor skills of a 2 year old or the developers never went hiking because there's paths where the average person could EASILY walk over but Henry can't. Oh of course if you try to jump you'll somehow jump backwards, fall and injure yourself. (Never mind the fact that one could easily use his hands to aid in climbing very steep places)

incredibly demanding yet awful graphics (I mean, I don't know who was in charge of the animations in this game but by the grace of God are they horrible) but most importantly, it's poorly executed. Don't know if this was supposed to be a Triple A or Double A release, and I know it comes from a small studio etc. etc. but this is a clear example of someone trying to bite more than they can chew.

I just wished I could get my money back but unfortunately that only happens if you encounter a technical problem, not if the game is bad.
  81. Sep 22, 2019
    Once I've started, I like to finish games. I was 54 hours into this game, but the monastery sequence was so crushingly dull I had to quit.
    It's a beautiful game with a consistent and realistic world. The plot is generally strong with some great acting, but the design is too hardcore. How can you ask people to spend 20 minutes getting RSI picking herbs?
    Also the combat is horrible. Too
    Also the combat is horrible. Too laggy to fit the design.
    The director of this game needed to be told to half the time of the game and cut out the fiddly nonsense to focus on the beautiful world and strong plot.
    Left me frustrated and disappointed.
  82. Jun 18, 2019
    This isn’t feel like a game with 36,5$ million budget. It feels very cheap, although it has triple-A budget.
  83. Sep 7, 2019
    The game started crashing for me non-stop before completing the 3-4 hour prologue. It seems like it could have been a really unique and interesting RPG. I'm jealous of people that can actually play this game without constant crashing to desktop. My rig should be more than capable of handling this game, so it seems as though this is just a problem with the game/developers.
  84. May 25, 2019
    Наиграл часов 40 и дропнул. И хорошо что покупать это дерьмо не стал.Заносить этим мошенникам деньги станут только самые долбанутые кому эти бабки легко даются и совсем некуда их деть. Лучше купите Ведьмака, Скайрим или plague tale: innocence вот уж эти ребята достойны поддержки рублём. Особенно plague tale: innocence.
    А эта игра Киндом Дермище Даунское не стоит не копейки. Это самая
    А эта игра Киндом Дермище Даунское не стоит не копейки. Это самая говённая РПГ последних лет с бюджетом в 36 с половиной лямов баксов. И на игру потрачено явно около 5.
    А остальное в лучших традициях, распилино и положено в карман. Дермище полное. Никому не советую её. А люди кто её советуют либо получили на лапу деньжат либо больны шизофренией и способны сожрать вообще любое говно с лутбоксами и прочим высером.
  85. Jun 24, 2019
    Do not buy unless it is discounted please... The interface is extremely primitive and the graphics are barely good enough to be an $80 game lol
  86. Sep 10, 2019
    Худшая игра за всё человечество. Худшая боёвка, худшая графика, худшая оптимизация, худшая реализация.
  87. Oct 6, 2019
    Another unfinished, broken game. It is exactly the kind of game I want to play, but because it's utter trash I can't. Nothing is consistent and the bugs make it borderline unplayable. The developers should be ashamed that they let this incomplete trash make it on the market.

1. CD-Action
    May 16, 2018
    Upon the release the PC version is the only reasonable way to enjoy Kingdom Come. And there’s a lot to enjoy, because historically accurate Middle Ages are an awesome setting. The beginning of the game might not be spectacular, but give Deliverance a chance and it will develop into a unique, deep, gripping experience. [04/2018, p.42]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 24, 2018
    A robust RPG deserves your attention not only for its domestic origin. You will easily forgive its smaller mistakes because of a great narration and a complex gameplay. [Issue#283]
  3. Apr 24, 2018
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a different kind. It's incredibly absorbing in its pace, it amazes with a manically detailed medieval era features and a totally true atmosphere, a series of skillfully built quests and, and when you get used to it, a fantastic combat system. There is a one-too-much cliché in the story arc, but the main problem lies in the technical issues. The game is, however, such a remarkable, huge, different and fresh experience that the occasional bug can be simply ignored.