6.6

1. Jun 29, 2021
    Lacuna's story captivated me from the beginning, constantly making me feel like I wanted to know what would happen next. The beautiful pixel art did its part to create an atmospheric experience, and don't even get us started on the fantastic soundtrack. There are only little things that can bother, but they are not worth mentioning. If you like to strain your gray brain cells and solveLacuna's story captivated me from the beginning, constantly making me feel like I wanted to know what would happen next. The beautiful pixel art did its part to create an atmospheric experience, and don't even get us started on the fantastic soundtrack. There are only little things that can bother, but they are not worth mentioning. If you like to strain your gray brain cells and solve cases, this game is definitely for you. A clear recommendation on all levels! Expand
  2. Jun 29, 2021
    At first glance it looks like "another pixel point'n'click", but really do not mistake it for this! The Pixel art is really good and encapsulates the mood very well. The gameplay and mechanics are very nicely put together and weaved within the story. It really is a detective game and adventure. "A Sci-Fi noir adventure" is not a claim but the truth.
    I can recommend to unravel all the
    I can recommend to unravel all the mysteries and cases in this atmospheric game.
  3. Jun 2, 2021
    Man hat viel versprochen aber nicht viel gehalten. Die Demo war ein richtiger positiver Trigger.
    Dann holt man sich die Vollversion und bekommt langweilige Rätsel vorgesetzt.
    Das schlimmste ist die Steuerung. Man quält sich mit der Tastatur rum und hat kein Controllersupport. Die Ermittlungen machen Spaß aber sie sind halt schnell langweilig. ------------ A lot was promised but not
    Dann holt man sich die Vollversion und bekommt langweilige Rätsel vorgesetzt.
    Die Ermittlungen machen Spaß aber sie sind halt schnell langweilig.
    ------------
    A lot was promised but not kept very much. The demo was a real positive trigger.
    Then you get the full version and are presented with boring puzzles.
    The worst part is the controls. You struggle with the keyboard and have no controller support.
    Investigations are fun, but they get boring quickly.
  4. Jun 29, 2021
    Awesome noir pixel-art game with an intense soundtrack and a thrilling story. If you are into detective games and find futuristic settings appealing, this is the game to go!
  5. Jun 29, 2021
    A Awesome Game in an awesome universe and a wonderful graphic.
    For Fans of Pixel-Art, thats the perfect Game to spent some rainy Days on.
    Intresting Story, with lots of unexpected things. I played the Demo, and bought the Full Game instant at Release Day. No Regrets so far. I will play it again because it has some more to reveal for me.
  6. Jun 29, 2021
    I'm going to keep this nice a short.
    I'm going to keep this nice a short.
    Lacuna has a very well written story, in a very believable sci-fi setting. The soundtrack is beautiful and the quality of the pixel art is top-notch. The characters in the story are all completely believable and relatable, and the world is fleshed out to incredible detail. The development team clearly love the Noir genre and the old school adventure style games, because it shows in how much love was put into the creation of this game.
    If you like noir novels, or old school adventure games, then there's nothing to dislike about Lacuna. If you're not a fan of those genres, it's still 100% worth a try.
  7. Jun 29, 2021
    Artstyle, controls and puzzles gives it a simplistic feel and hides the focus on details and complexity which lies underneath the pixelated surface. Lacuna is a thrilling game which takes you into a carefully crafted world. The great soundtrack and story carrries you along to one of the different endings. Definitive recommendation.
  8. Jun 2, 2021
    No es gran cosa. Puedo darle un 4 por el arte aunque rudemintario, no destaca en nada. Historia pobre y resultados previsibles; para colmo NO ESTÁ EN ESPAÑOL, y se ve que a este estudio les interesa más el inglés, alemán, Chino simplificado, Japonés, Ruso y Coreano. Pues, va a ser que se equivocan!
  9. Jun 30, 2021
    Very interesting and immersive detective game. Fantastic story and tough decisions. Big plus: Gorgeous pixel art!
  10. Jun 30, 2021
    (English below) Ein sehr schönes Detektivspiel mit einer wirklich guten Story. Die Rätsel haben mir Spaß gemacht und erforderten mit jedem Mal mehr Nachdenken. Es gibt mehrere Enden, die von den Entscheidungen und den Rätseln (richtig oder falsch gelöst) abhängen. Mit der Tastatursteuerung kam ich gut zurecht, alternativ kann man auch mit Controller spielen.

A very nice detective game

A very nice detective game with a great story. The cases were fun to me and they needed more thinking each time. There are different endings which depend on the player's choices and on the cases (whether they were solved correctly or not). I had no struggles with the keyboard controls but the game also has controller support.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 5 Critic Reviews

1. Jul 12, 2021
    Lacuna is a wonderfully tense hard-boiled story set in a gorgeous jazzpunk future. Its mysteries will make you work for the answers, and will even let you fail, but either way the payoff is a sense of accomplishment that few other narrative puzzlers provide.
  2. Jun 29, 2021
    There are some reviews that are hard to write because the game is just fine, and then there are some that just pour out of you because you can’t help but think of all the things it does well. Lacuna is well and truly the latter, with every small piece pulling together to create a really great detective game ripe for the picking.
  3. May 28, 2021
    It doesn't take a gumshoe to tell that Lacuna is a stellar, noir-inspired adventure, that is absolutely worth investigating further. Other than a few quality of life tweaks, it's hard to find much wrong with this narrative-driven hunt and click. Be sure not to let this suspect slip through your fingers.