7.2

1. Sep 13, 2018
    I have been a fan of the good old Wadjet Eye games forever. Lamplight City clearly stands in that tradition and was done by Francisco Gonzalez who did Shardlight and A Golden Wake with Wadjet Eye.
    I have bought this immediately, started playing and couldn't stop. I will be very tired for work today. ;-)
    This is an amazing experience. It is not your absurd inventory puzzle game like "put mustard on cat" or whatever. This is strictly logical investigation, collecting clues and find suspects to accuse.
    AND: You may get it wrong change your career as a detective and move on. Go get it, you will not regret that you did it!
  2. Sep 15, 2018
    I am glad I discovered this game! It looks a bit retro but as soon as you play it you dive into a world with excellent voice acting and you feel at home in a Victorian city full of intrigue and mysteries.
    You collect your clues, suspects and documentsin a casebook and you can always remember where you've been when you start the game again and look at your objectives list in the casebook.
    Puzzles aren't too hard but the focus really is on a well told story. I like it a lot!

Mixed or average reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. CD-Action
    Nov 14, 2019
    Lamplight City is neither as good, nor as bold as Unavowed’s mix of adventure and RPG but certain ways it reforms the genre do pleasantly surprise. Gonzalez’s marriage of a crime story with a period drama piece came out better than ever before. [13/2018, p.66]
  2. CD-Action
    Nov 14, 2019
  3. Dec 13, 2018
    In Lamplight City, you aren't led around from room to room, clickity-clicking your way to success. For the most part, logic and reason are at play. Brush up on those skills, and you will find your way. Take your time, enjoy the well-themed music and ambiance, enjoy the story, solve the crimes, and for goodness' sake, listen to Bill.