- Summary: LIMBO, a black and white puzzle-platforming adventure, puts players in the role of a young boy traveling through an eerie and treacherous world in an attempt to discover the fate of his sister.
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Limbo E3 2010 Official Trailer
Positive: 22 out of 22
Mixed: 0 out of 22
Negative: 0 out of 22
PC Games (Russia)Sep 19, 2011A brilliant indie platformer. Braid can finally retire. [October 2011, p.100]
PC FormatSep 8, 2011One of the best physics puzzle games out there. A clever game and one devoid of pretension. [Oct 2011, p.104]
Aug 2, 2011Simple and brilliant. The result of game + art. Game mechanics is great and it's mood quite unique. Puzzles are quite easy but since mistakesSimple and brilliant. The result of game + art. Game mechanics is great and it's mood quite unique. Puzzles are quite easy but since mistakes often means death and restart, that's a good thing, to avoid them into become annoying. Checkpoints are well and often placed. It somehow reminded me of "Out Of This World" wich is a game I loved. Game sound is also amazing, focused on details and ambience with no music, making it's dark mood even more creepy. The weakest point is the game lenght... quite short... they could've made the game a little bigger, with harder puzzles near the end, but for 10 bucks it's more than worth it.… Expand
Dec 24, 2011Limbo is a puzzle side-scroll game that's great. The gist is that you walk down a linear path solving puzzle along the way. The controls areLimbo is a puzzle side-scroll game that's great. The gist is that you walk down a linear path solving puzzle along the way. The controls are as simple as you can get. Use the arrow keys to walk and jump; control key to 'use' switches, crates, and other things. Most puzzles are satisfying and appropriate difficulty. The nice thing is that the puzzles vary throughout the game, keeping your interest. The art-style is worth mentioning. The game is presented in a black and white style. With it's ambient music, it adds to the whole feel of the game. It took me about 3 hours to run through the game once with no knowledge of any of the puzzles. Several steam achievements like finding hidden spots or beating the game with few deaths add to this time, but no more then 2 hours or so. Overall for $10, 5 hours of great gameplay is definitely worth it. This is a must buy.… Expand
Mar 13, 2012A piece of art. If someone was to tell me that a sidescroller would creep me out, I would not have believed them. Great mechanics, incredibleA piece of art. If someone was to tell me that a sidescroller would creep me out, I would not have believed them. Great mechanics, incredible puzzles, great graphics and sound (no music, just eerie sounds of your surroundings). The only knock on the game is the short length - about 2 hours, but the game offers high replay value - I have spent about 15 hours before I was able to beat the game without dying. Regardless, gets a 9 since I was able to pick it up for $5, I think if I was paying $15 for it, I would have probably given it an 8.… Expand
Jul 25, 2017Completion: Finished game once.
Pros: - Charming visual style that strikingly utilizes lighting to create an unwavering melancholyCompletion: Finished game once.
- Charming visual style that strikingly utilizes lighting to create an unwavering melancholy atmosphere. Although the aesthetic is certainly simplistic, the game is short enough to not overstay its welcome.
- Interesting puzzles that test logic rather than mastery of game mechanics, particularly in the first half of the game. This is a welcome departure from most puzzle games today and the pacing is incredibly tight in the first 2 hours or so. I cannot emphasize how much fun I had with the game during these parts and my score is much higher due to this.
- Interesting piece of visual storytelling that while not exactly mindblowing, invites a wealth of theories and guesswork that adds to the mystique and aura of the game.
- Later puzzles are less interesting than the earlier ones, though significantly more difficult. This leads to the game feeling like its actually slowing down, which is detrimental for an adventure/puzzle game. Despite this, they never got too frustrating or repetitive. The second half just simply pales in comparison to its far superior first half.
- Many things in this game simply move too slowly. Although I understand that the slow movement facilitates the mood and tone of Limbo, retrying puzzles can feel like a pain when you have to wait for an elevator to slowly rise or watching your character inch a block across the floor once again. If the puzzles were easier this would've been less of an issue, or maybe I'm just dumb, but some of the sections took me several tries and having to amble back through the level repeatedly got old fast.
- Despite the noticeably worse pacing and less original puzzles in its second half, Limbo is a stylish, aesthetic experience that will absolutely captivate you for a few hours.
True Score: 8.4… Expand
Dec 30, 2013Game: LIMBO
Developer: PLAYDEAD System: Steam (PC) Total Score: 74/100 Value Score: 7.4/10 • Story: 6/10 •Game: LIMBO
System: Steam (PC)
Total Score: 74/100
Value Score: 7.4/10
• Story: 6/10
• Characters: 6/10
• GamePlay: 10/10
• Graphics: 8/10
• Sound: 10/10
• Music: 4/10
• Length: 5/10
• Replay Value: 8/10
• Player Value: 7/10
+Gameplay focused mostly on dark colors and sound effects which bring a unique experience.
+Great for those who love difficult games as the game can be brutal.
+Great for horror fans
+Great for casual fans and those who want to play something short and sweet.
+Replay value is high as you can replay every single section even if you want to play certain stages or if you missed some achievements, the game allows you to go back exactly to a specific part rather than playing the game all over again.
-No Plot or character development however it is up to the player's imagination to decrypt on what the game is about.
-Very little to no music used at all.
-Length might not be suitable for some people who are looking for a long term experience.
-Game can become quite difficult through its puzzles and traps.… Expand
Jan 5, 2014The only reason I'm rating this a 'zero' instead of a 'three' is because the overall score is far too high. I purchased this game for itsThe only reason I'm rating this a 'zero' instead of a 'three' is because the overall score is far too high. I purchased this game for its unique art style and because I wanted a good puzzle game that made me think. However, I am not a fan of dying every five-to-thirty seconds in order to figure out the next puzzle. It turns what, in my view, should be an interesting puzzle game into a 1990s NES platformer. Seriously, the last time I died this often was when I played Ninja Turtles 1. This game is far from what I'd call an "indie masterpiece". It's cheap, it's gimmicky, it's a waste of money.… Expand