8.2

1. Feb 16, 2021
    I loved the first game. I love the aesthetics of this one. And I do like some of the puzzles and passages. But then there are the abundance of frustrating trial-and-error passages that you have to redo 30 times to get it right. Half the time you get killed due to the finicky controls. The other half you'll struggle to hit all the checkpoints just right and simply continually fail beforeI loved the first game. I love the aesthetics of this one. And I do like some of the puzzles and passages. But then there are the abundance of frustrating trial-and-error passages that you have to redo 30 times to get it right. Half the time you get killed due to the finicky controls. The other half you'll struggle to hit all the checkpoints just right and simply continually fail before you reach a safe zone. I hate it!

The worst part is the parts where you have to use the flashlight. I had to get up and calm myself down several times to avoid breaking my keyboard. It is so profusely frustrating to play through those parts! (searching the web I since discovered that these passages are A LOT easier if YOU DON'T RUN! While walking you can control the flashlight while holding down the right mouse button. You almost have no control over it when running, which is what I was doing all the time!)

I'll give it a 9 for the parts that contain actual puzzles. But I'll have to subtract 2 for the parts that rely on twitch-reflex gameplay. I am SO bad at those types of games and I had no idea it would be such a huge part of this game. And it is NOT why I loved the first game. They tried implementing this in this game, and it almost ruins it for me.
  2. Feb 17, 2021
    Bafflingly overrated. Features the same exasperating control scheme as the original which is going on nearly four years old. Visually identical, similar linear chase sequences and trial/ error game play that made people loathe sections from the first game. The climbing, context sensitive interactions, and physics are still just as frustrating as they were four years ago too.Bafflingly overrated. Features the same exasperating control scheme as the original which is going on nearly four years old. Visually identical, similar linear chase sequences and trial/ error game play that made people loathe sections from the first game. The climbing, context sensitive interactions, and physics are still just as frustrating as they were four years ago too.

Literally nothing is explained, and this is somehow a prequel- so good luck watching a dozen youtube channel's attempting to break-down this completely aimless plot or attempt to explain the utterly stupid ambiguous nature to everything going on.

The monster designs have seemingly taken a backseat, and we get giant murderous hunter/ trapper, a teacher with a snake-like stretchy neck, a giant fat doctor who crawls around on the ceiling, and a thin-man ripoff from a million other SCP foundation/ creepy pasta stories.

Something about the original felt, well- more original. This feels like a by-the-numbers sequel and I didn't have the patience to go through it again as soon as I found out its a "prequel." As soon as the developer announces something like that you just know its an excuse to do the same thing again, but pretend its somehow connected to the self-contained story from the first game.
  3. Feb 17, 2021
    Honestly, its a good game but thats all. I`m pretty surprise about the over-score that this game has. Game is pretty much the same than his first part, same mecanics and recycled content. This game is not a surprise for me, you play once during 3-4 hours going foward till the end of the game and once you reach it, you never go to play it again. Price of the game is 35€, so expensive forHonestly, its a good game but thats all. I`m pretty surprise about the over-score that this game has. Game is pretty much the same than his first part, same mecanics and recycled content. This game is not a surprise for me, you play once during 3-4 hours going foward till the end of the game and once you reach it, you never go to play it again. Price of the game is 35€, so expensive for the content you receive. For this kind of game, story is so poor. You play as a small guy who you dont know the name, running in any direction going to? cant tell. Game doesnt tell you What are you? Where are you going? Why is everybody wants to kill you? Any info about the world where you are living? there is not a single conversation to listen or text to read. Game ends like that. You reach a point and then the game is over. So there is actually no plot. Its a Limbo ending. Recomended only if you can get it for 10€ or so. Expand
  4. Feb 15, 2021
    Make no mistake - Little Nightmares II is less elegant, less tight, and less well-written than its predecessor. But it's still extremely beautiful, with top-notch visual and sound design. It's just a pity that its narrative hangs so loosely together. It's a pity that the 3rd act is such a step down in terms of visuals and gameplay. Perhaps most of all, it's a pity that the gameplay isMake no mistake - Little Nightmares II is less elegant, less tight, and less well-written than its predecessor. But it's still extremely beautiful, with top-notch visual and sound design. It's just a pity that its narrative hangs so loosely together. It's a pity that the 3rd act is such a step down in terms of visuals and gameplay. Perhaps most of all, it's a pity that the gameplay is bloated with linear chases and many, many challenges that are telegraphed poorly, requiring multiple attempts which drain the game of any sense of urgency or stakes. Compared to the first, the only thing that's better about Little Nightmares II is that there's more of it . . . it's just not always more of anything anybody wants. Oh, and I won't give away the ending, but the end of Little Nightmares II shows a real lack of imagination. I felt truly saddened by the ending, more than anything because it felt like a massive cop-out. If the ending of the first game was compellingly open-ended, this ending is so pat that I not only have no interest in replaying Little Nightmares II, I'm struggling to summon an interest in any future installments. Expand
  5. Feb 13, 2021
    Still deep and viscous the atmosphere and the visual art. All the best feature from the original game are here, but like the same disadvantages, and some new few yet.

Well, I think the combat system like and the platforming gameplay have problems with a sense of the perspective of the scene and the recognition of objects in space. I guess some kind of target system could make a fight process more controllable and enjoyable. And I still have issues with slides during the run – that's don't unclear and feels like a some random triggered. At last, I want to say about situations when the animation of some characters missed a few frames – it doesn't happen every time, but that is.

AND WE NEED THE FULL CONTROLS REMAPPING FOR A GAMEPAD!

The story on the end give me ... some disappointment and empty. That's feel a like some needlessly. But I like a way that linked 1st and 2nd games.

However, that was an amazing adventure. I so appreciative for this work and experience. Thank you, «Tarsier Studios» and «BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment».
  6. Feb 19, 2021
    In short: Little Nightmares II is too much of an irritating, sad and violent game, and too little of a fun game.

The original Little Nightmares was mostly about stealth. Keep hidden in the shadows, and you might just escape the creatures waiting to catch you. That is what made the game great, and what made it different from so many other games out there. In Little Nightmares II,

In Little Nightmares II, Tarsier and Bandai Namco throw some of that winning formula overboard. Instead, we find a loosely connected, confusing narrative - and many fights. Yes, apart from fleeing and hiding, this game is a lot about hitting, crushing and killing.

The visuals and sound design, as well as many of the puzzle based levels, are still top notch, but controls are sometimes clunky. Simple episodes of walking around, finding something and solving a problem are mixed with infuriating, timing sensitive jump and run action. The latter often breaks the flow of the game, leaving a feeling of frustration, rather than a sense of accomplishment, with awkwardly placed checkpoints only adding to this. Also, some scripted character actions look choppy and would have needed a bit more polishing.

Most reviewers seem not to mind all the violence, which perhaps reflects the times we live in. Altogether, Little Nightmares II is too much of an irritation, and too little fun. The semi-predictable ending of this Scandinavian game leaves a similar taste in your mouth like so many Scandinavian TV series have for the last decade. Been there, done that. Please move on.
  7. Feb 21, 2021
    A beautiffuly atmospheric game, with mediocre gameplay. Honestly if they would have left out most of the bad gameplay bits and kept it more cinematic this would be a 10/10 for me.
  8. Feb 20, 2021
    Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but the PC version suffers from being a console port with no proper support to wide screens even. Most of the gaming PC screens are wide screens and that is exactly what this game doesn't support and running in a square box, using 1/2 of your wide screen.
  9. Feb 27, 2021
    I played the first one and it was amazing but that second part is just meh................
  10. Mar 8, 2021
    Why it is not a 9 or 10:

Trial error game maybe better suited for speenrunners than horror genre lovers. Game demands you to know what is about to happen and have you execute the required action. The timings are not too tight but not dynamic either. In better games, the Monsters slow down or accelerate depending on your accuracy to the solution. It feels as if the game trying
    Why it is not a 9 or 10:

Trial error game maybe better suited for speenrunners than horror genre lovers.

It feels as if the game trying to make you fail unless you have a definite answer to the problem and it does not care if you figured the solution on the fly. I would enjoy it much more if it allowed me to survive as i have found the solution on time.

The devs can check the much better game "inside" first scene with the dog. If you know exactly what to do, you barely get away from the dog but if you hesitated for a half second the game compensates and blends the dogs animations to a slower one yet accelerates again to create the "barely got away" feeling.
  11. Apr 9, 2021
    Good adventure game.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 36 Critic Reviews

1. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Apr 9, 2021
    The second game proves to be faithful to its predecessor in terms of lore and atmosphere, and simultaneously manages to break new ground in gameplay. It makes us look forward to further evolution of the series in a potential sequel. [Issue#252, p.48]
  2. Mar 18, 2021
    Little Nightmares II captures the fear of a being little in a grey, hostile and oppressive world that is exceptionally built. In a constant game of hide-and-seek, the tension is overwhelming, and you feel the weight of every heartbeat or the desperate gasping of enemies over your shoulder. Unfortunately, it's a short experience, much along the lines of the first in the series, and although it doesn't completely eliminate the weak points, it grabs on to its strong points in a sublime way.
  3. Mar 5, 2021
    It’s more of a slicker rehash of its predecessor than a sequel with all-new ideas, but Little Nightmares II successfully delivers big thrills in a game so eerily atmospheric it feels like it could have been ripped straight from the subconscious mind of a terrified child.