3.7

1. MelZ.
    May 30, 2004
    Dissapointing is the word that adequately sums it all up. This title was a major let down. Lords 2 was deeper, more complicated, and a far better simulation of medival life than this game is. The makers of this game have decided to emphasise more on the battlefield element than strategic resource management. What made this title's predeccesor so successfull was that is combined both Dissapointing is the word that adequately sums it all up. This title was a major let down. Lords 2 was deeper, more complicated, and a far better simulation of medival life than this game is. The makers of this game have decided to emphasise more on the battlefield element than strategic resource management. What made this title's predeccesor so successfull was that is combined both of those elements in a nearly flawless balance. The makers decided to trim so much fat from LOTR2, that part 3 has very little actual gameplay remaining. Oh did I mention that this game is also dreadfully slow? Newbies to the RTS genre may enjoy this one, but veteran players will be disappointed. Expand
  2. KevinZ.
    Feb 26, 2005
    The game has nice combat but a weak ai all around and the inability for me to download the update loses big points since I can't play it online without it.

Mixed or average reviews - based on 11 Critic Reviews

Without offering a little more depth to either the tactical or strategic aspects of the game, we're left with two experiences that are integrated well enough but leave us wanting more.
  2. Cheat Code Central
    For a budget title you'll be amazed at the quality of the presentation and the depth of the gameplay.
  3. Computer Games Magazine
    It is truly a shame that many clever ideas are obscured by the game's lackluster manual, because its blend of real-time strategy and tactics is an innovative re-working of the genre. [July 2004, p.62]