6.9

1. Sep 12, 2021
    It's fine... I guess. I mean the artistic vision and world design is really breathtaking and something what we haven't seen for many, many years. This is not just "Burton inspired" but it's 100% Burton-like (good Burton-like). But gameplay is... clunky. We do nothing interesting or engaging through all game. And fighting system is just awful, clumsy and down right not fun. Such a shameIt's fine... I guess. I mean the artistic vision and world design is really breathtaking and something what we haven't seen for many, many years. This is not just "Burton inspired" but it's 100% Burton-like (good Burton-like). But gameplay is... clunky. We do nothing interesting or engaging through all game. And fighting system is just awful, clumsy and down right not fun. Such a shame that Zoink repeats mistakes from Fe - we have great climate, visual feast and not bad story, but gameplay is just meh. Expand
  2. Oct 19, 2021
    Lost In Random
    An interesting adventure
    Lost in Random is creepy, it’s a 10 hour long card based action adventure game where you play as Even, out to rescue her sister Odd as they’ve been split up on Odds 12th birthday, where all the kids in town roll a die to figure out hwere in Random they’ll ive, she rolls a 6 and is swept away to live with the queen.. Along your way you meet a dice,
    Lost In Random
    An interesting adventure
    Along your way you meet a dice, and you set off an adventure to git the dice more pits so it cann roll higher numbers, to eventually get to the kingdom of 6…
    youll also get cards to build of a deck of 15… these cards help in a variety of ways during combat, essentially youll hit weakspots with slingshots, fill up a card so you can roll dicey, the number you roll is how many action points you get to play a card such as having a word, or throwing out a bomb.. even healing.. just to name a few.. and youll do a mixture of combat and exploring these creapy tim burton like towns solving the problems of its residence to help you move on.. .
    The greatest aspct of lsot in random is its world building.. I loved living in thise creepy little land.. meeting its colorful cast of charcters.. however I felt like eventually it all just became too much.. I felt like I was mostly sitting through dialog, waiting for my turn to choose a dialog option that didn’t change anything in the world or its gameplay, it was just an artificial choice wasting my time, pretending it was important.. causing me to get bored about halfway through, just wanting to push forward and explore the world, but instead these charcters just wanted to talk and talk and talk.. I stopped caring.. skipping dialog just trying to move on, go to the next section to throw down some dice and mess enemies up, til that too became a bore.. combat here just isn’t satisfying, it’s a novel idea at first reminding me a bit of kingdom hearts unchained memories, I love the idea of deck building for combat, but with how slow cards come out, and how annoying it is to aim for weak spots on enemies in general in terms of all video games, it just felt like a slog at times.. Something I feel that could be fixed with these shtos of my slingshot at least doing a little damage, encouraging me to use cards to be more powerful rather than rely on them to progress forward..
    Overall I appreciate the world of Lost in Random, the characters are crazy, the world is intriguing, and there are many great life lessons to be taken, but the pacing from the combat to the story is just awful, its bad and brought this nearly great game down in my eyes.. not by much.. but I found myself noticeable liking the game less and less the more I played it…
    I give Lost in Random
    a 7/10
  3. Sep 12, 2021
    Игра выглядит неплохо, но не более того. Отсутствие адекватной локализации тоже минус. Атмосфера необычная, но отталкивающая. EA продолжает экспериментировать, но пока получается так себе.
  4. Apr 17, 2022
    A very average game, average story telling, poor combat, beautiful graphics, slightly messed up pacing, great characters, it was fine.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 20 Critic Reviews

1. Dec 29, 2021
    The cute horror game in the style of Tim Burton offers a unique combat system. However, balancing issues and a lack of variety impair the fun.
  2. Nov 16, 2021
    Lost in Random is a 3D action game with a focus on deck-building with magical cards. By having the player roll a dice, the game brings an interesting factor of chance to the table, but it can not be denied that this element can also work against itself.
  3. CD-Action
    Nov 15, 2021
    Lost in Random excels in storytelling and offers an unconventional combat system. If you like visiting unique worlds, enjoy dark fables and appreciate a good story, you’ll get hooked on this game big time. I was eagerly awaiting Alice: Asylum and suddenly this gem appeared. Here’s to more wonderful surprises like this one. [11/2021, p.74]