8.1

1. Aug 25, 2010
    The game's plot like is basically a mixture of the Godfather, and Goodfellas, you're a war hero, come back from the war and fall into a life of crime with your friend. The open world nature of this game is not the same as GTA, which to me is a good thing, there aren't a million half-assed mini-games to play. Each section of the city feels different, China-town feels different than LittleThe game's plot like is basically a mixture of the Godfather, and Goodfellas, you're a war hero, come back from the war and fall into a life of crime with your friend. The open world nature of this game is not the same as GTA, which to me is a good thing, there aren't a million half-assed mini-games to play. Each section of the city feels different, China-town feels different than Little Italy. I'm not going to list any spoilers but I do feel like this plot is decent, the voice acting is pretty good for the most part, the in-car conversations are pretty humorous a lot of the time. The driving is a HUGE improvement over the first game, the cars feel like real cars would from the 40s that is spongey suspension and sluggish acceleration, this is not bad design, it's how the actual cars behaved back then. The map is actually displayed in the radar instead of the lame "map" that's in the first game.

The guns are all fun, though the pistols pretty much all seem the same power, even the magnum (and the magnum sound a little goofy, like a cartoon gun). There is an actual cover system in the game, and overall the fights are much improved over the first game. This is a great game, it's heavy on graphics card, so I recommend looking into mods on how to disable the physics of the clothing in the game.

Overall I've really enjoyed this game and don't understand why people are criticizing it for NOT being just a GTA clone, it's a game I honestly find more fun than GTA.
  2. Aug 30, 2010
    Mafia II is The Newest "Open World" GTA Type game out but many people are complaining about there not being any side missions. I think it keeps the game glued to the storyline without the need to pick up girlfriends etc.. does not ruin it at all. The graphics are equal to if not better than Gta 4 just check out the facial modeling. You can still steal cars, fight people, Blow up cars andMafia II is The Newest "Open World" GTA Type game out but many people are complaining about there not being any side missions. I think it keeps the game glued to the storyline without the need to pick up girlfriends etc.. does not ruin it at all. The graphics are equal to if not better than Gta 4 just check out the facial modeling. You can still steal cars, fight people, Blow up cars and adds elements such as choosing from a list of foods and animates your character eating that food. pretty cool. if your low on health you can eat/drink to replenish it. The physics also is very well done. many people may not enjoy the 1940's music but its in the 1940's so live with it. no gangsta rap here move on. Mafia II Story is very well done and although not perfect does deserve and 8/10 Score. Expand
  3. Aug 30, 2010
    Mafia had been in the development for what, 3-4 years, i think. and after 4 years you hope that the game will deliver. you hope that it will be a fantastic game. well, mafia 2 is and in the other hand it isnt.
    first the good things: story (one of the best stories) graphics are very good. the number of cars and how each car feels different. gunplay and hand to hand combat, characters are very well written. the soundtrack-oh my god.
    the bad: not much to do in a big open world. no side missions
    if there had been side missions and the world was filled with places of intereset where you could go after a tireing mission and play darts or smth, it would have been the best game that had come out this year. but...
    my point of view-- if you want a game with a very good story mafia 2 is a must buy. but you would be better of renting one. 8 out of 10.
  4. Aug 30, 2010
    Just for atmosphere alone, I rate this game 10. I cannot praise the immersiveness and evocativeness of the period recreation highly enough. Just driving around nighttime 1940s New-York style streets listening to old-time jazz, blues and other wartime music and seeing all the old-fashioned cars and the snow-covered streets is a wonderfully enjoyable treat, particularly on the PC versionJust for atmosphere alone, I rate this game 10. I cannot praise the immersiveness and evocativeness of the period recreation highly enough. Just driving around nighttime 1940s New-York style streets listening to old-time jazz, blues and other wartime music and seeing all the old-fashioned cars and the snow-covered streets is a wonderfully enjoyable treat, particularly on the PC version with its superlative, realistic graphics. It really gave me enormous joy and pleasure to just drive around listening to the radio whilst completing the early missions, I found the period setting superbly evocative, and the snowy nighttime setting of one of the missions and the music really evoked a lovely wistful feeling as I drove around, it really was very emotionally engaging indeed just from the visuals and music. The design of the city is very convincing, you see lots of realistic-looking streets and sights as you drive around, you almost feel you are watching a film, it's terrific. I loved it. Also the shooting is great in this game, the reaction of the enemies when you shoot them is very realistic, and the ragdoll physics are better and more realistic than in any other game I've seen. So I thoroughly enjoy the shooting also, I find it fun and immersive and satisfyingly convincing shooting the enemies. I rate this game very highly for these three reasons, the visuals, the music, and the shooting. Fantastic.

As to the story, well, I'm still near the beginning, but it's pretty good too. Get this game on the PC if you can. If you can't but think you would enjoy being transported to an atmosphere-laden 40s and 50s New York anyway, get it on console. I liked it. Try the demo anyway, but bear in mind the demo doesn't include the whole city, and is daytime-only.
  5. Sep 1, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Introduction

I was hovering on this forum, and i must say. Did you guys play the same game as me? Most people here said that, Mafia 2 is a good game? There was really nothing good about this game, and here is why:

Story

The story was pretty bad, even if you can call it a story. You mostly drive from your apartment to Joe to do some random events. And in no particle order, like burring someone in the ground after the prison chapter. And then some chapters later you distribution some smokes to people. That has nothing to do with any story. Or like all of the sudden, we going to talk about why your father died. I mean common, the story is completely random. So I must say, there is no story in this game.

Gameplay

The Gameplay mostly consist of get a car, go to someone (mostly Joe), drive him around a bit, go home and sleep and do it all over again. And at some points, you need to fight multiple enemies, that spawn mostly right around the corner. And that is the Gameplay of Mafia 2, nothing more nothing less.

At multiple points in the game, you are stripped down of your cash, guns and suits and after you finished that chapter you need to start earning everything back again. This I never saw in a game before, you work towards nothing. You lose it all every few chapters, so the multiple stores that are in the game are pointless. Because you just lose your guns, or you can find plenty in the missions. Also the game is mostly based on luck, multiple scenes will kill you right away. Like the getaway scene were they are firing Tommy Guns at you. You just need some luck to get past the first corner, this has absolutely nothing to do with experience or strategy just pure luck. Conclusion

So my conclusion is that I never have seen a worst sequel to a game then Mafia 2. The game is boring, from the first minutes you played it, till the bitter end. Plenty of times you need to drive from one end of the town to the other end and then go back again. Were you did nothing at all, then picking someone up and driving them to a different point again.

Also at the end Joe almost turned against you. If they did that, they would have been promoted to the worst game of the Century. But now, it is the worst game of the year. Because it does not make any senses for him to turn against you. I only finished this game on Hard, because I did not wanted to waste my 50 bucks on nothing. Pity that I got it from Steam, because I would have gone back to the shop and trade it for something else. Even a bloody WII game, is better than this piece of crap.
  6. Sep 4, 2010
    At first I found this game even better then GTA 4. Better PC optimisation, very smooth graphic, nice characters animation. Comparison of GTA 4 and Mafia 2 as compared to those of your children better looking, terribly hard to say this.
  7. Sep 4, 2010
    I just love this game, the graphics are awesome. The theme is awesome. I just love the music that is played on the car radio. This 40's - 50's wiseguy thing is the best. I just wish people would still dress like they do on this game. There was no glitches for me, maybe because my game is a LEGAL VERSION. I love the way that they have made this game. The first time you play, you just runI just love this game, the graphics are awesome. The theme is awesome. I just love the music that is played on the car radio. This 40's - 50's wiseguy thing is the best. I just wish people would still dress like they do on this game. There was no glitches for me, maybe because my game is a LEGAL VERSION. I love the way that they have made this game. The first time you play, you just run through the missions. Next time you look for the hidden bonus stuff. Good thing is that they have real music from the era of this game, too bad they didn't license the car names. This should not be compared to GTA. If you want GTA, don't play this game. If you love trench coats and american-italian accents, you'll love this game. Expand
  8. Sep 6, 2010
    The best game i have ever played hands down, great story line, i absolutely loved the ending and it was a really good port for the PC which was surprising after ports like GTA 4 and Saints Row 2
  9. Sep 12, 2010
    the end of a trip, while playing mafia war2 , thanks to the trainers
    of cheatncode.com,before I became dizzy I found this trainer i will shared the link http://cheatncode.com/pc/mafia-ii-v1-0-0-11-trainer-11-pc-games
  10. Oct 8, 2010
    When I first played the original Mafia game on Xbox back in the early 2000's I was amazed how good the quality of game play was and the extent of game play was outstanding. When I heard about Mafia II I jumped for joy, I cannot say one bad thing about it, It is full of action and adventure and is very entertaining right to the end. The game is set from 1943 to 1955 in Empire Bay, aWhen I first played the original Mafia game on Xbox back in the early 2000's I was amazed how good the quality of game play was and the extent of game play was outstanding. When I heard about Mafia II I jumped for joy, I cannot say one bad thing about it, It is full of action and adventure and is very entertaining right to the end. The game is set from 1943 to 1955 in Empire Bay, a fictional city based on New York city and Detroit. You follow the life of a War Hero named Vito Scaletta getting back on his feet in a life of crime after he came back from World War II. Just to get it out of the way no this game is not Grand Theft Auto in the 40-50's, it is alot better and more involved than GTA is and always will be. There are no limits on the map from the second the game boots up, you can go anywhere and do anything, lots of cars from the era and weapons to match. This game is defiantly worth picking up buying or renting, It's alot of fun and worth you money. Expand
  11. Apr 14, 2011
    First of all I would like to say that I played the whole thing from start to finish (so this is not an uninformed review). Second of all I would like to mention that I never got a chance to play the first one, still haven't played it and probably will not play it (so my review is based only on Mafia II). Ok, so I will begin by commenting on the story, it is great. If it was a movie, itFirst of all I would like to say that I played the whole thing from start to finish (so this is not an uninformed review). Second of all I would like to mention that I never got a chance to play the first one, still haven't played it and probably will not play it (so my review is based only on Mafia II). Ok, so I will begin by commenting on the story, it is great. If it was a movie, it would have probably fared well, you know with all those gun fights and Mafia meetings and going to prison and such. It is not so much a sandbox game, it is more of a shooter game, I know because when I played, all of the difficulty of the game rests on the gunfights and covering system, and even some stealth. The "sandbox" aspect of the game is where you have to drive to every objective, they are long drives, and sometimes when you miss an exit, you have to circle all the way back again and drive for another 2-3minutes, you can buy clothes and guns, and that's about it, oh and take care not to speed or else the cops will be at your tail fast. Also there are plenty of fist fights, where you push the right buttons and you win. The graphics though are really novel and crisp. Even at low res, this game looks amazing and sharp and performs extremely well. This is in fact your standard third person shooter, and if your good at shooters, than this game is for you. As far as "freedom" and "sandbox" go, there is not very much to it, I might compare it to Just Cause 2 without all the optional side missions. Anyway story is good, gun and fist fights are good, just needed a little bit more development in the "sandbox" aspect of it. Expand
  12. Mar 24, 2011
    As someone who acknowledges that quality will forever triumph over quantity, I really appreciate it when a game developer employs the same attitude while designing video games. For that, I highly recommend you get yourself a copy of Mafia 2 as soon as possible. Set in the fictional city of Empire Bay, you're Vito Scalett, an Italian war-veteran trying to make a name for himself along withAs someone who acknowledges that quality will forever triumph over quantity, I really appreciate it when a game developer employs the same attitude while designing video games. For that, I highly recommend you get yourself a copy of Mafia 2 as soon as possible. Set in the fictional city of Empire Bay, you're Vito Scalett, an Italian war-veteran trying to make a name for himself along with his childhood friend, Joe. Together, you explore the ins and outs of the Mafia.

I personally haven't seen any of the Godfather films. I know what you're thinking, blasphemous, right? Just never got around to see them but I know it's a good trilogy so cut me a break! The closest thing I've exposure to organized crime is Martin Scorsese's The Departed. Eh, wasn't that film about the Mob? I assume the Mafia and the Mob are totally different? Whatever the case may be, Mafia 2 has got me engaged into the story so far. Captivating even, if I may add. I just purchased a copy yesterday so I'm far from completion. Roughly about 25% into the game. Expressing how much I'm loving every bit of it will be an understatement. If you're familiar with the Grand Theft Auto franchise (who the hell isn't?), Mafia 2 will come to you relatively easy. The basic mechanics are present. The entire city is sandbox so you can free-roam as and where you like, food & beverage/clothing stores to add a hint of role-playing elements, customize the cars you stole at the various garages in the city. Just to name a few.

If you would have me describe Empire City to you in one word, stunning comes to mind. The 1940's esque is astonishingly detailed to a point where it actually feels true-to-life. Even the fashion and the various vehicles have obviously been spared no expense. The game takes place over a span of years so you can basically see the city change. From the snowy, gloom that winter brings to a city to the lush, vibrant effects of spring. To simply put it, the atmosphere the game brings is no more than fantastic. I will always like to declare that Mafia 2 is very much optimized for the PC. It's not what some of us call a "console port" where graphical hiccups causes a hit in framerate or frustrating controls. The gun fights are pretty nifty too. There's a cover system in which you will use most extensively. There aren't many assortment of weapons in the game. Probably at most five? I can't remember. But trust me, that's the most a game like this will ever need.

Of course when you're doing all the nasty criminal work, you've to be wary of the law. The police will come after you for grand theft auto, running around with a firearm and even hit-and-run. There's a wanted system where you'll need to change your clothes or vehicle to elude capture. If you do get caught, you can bribe them and they'll look the other way. Depends on what your wanted level is though. Too high and they'll shoot on sight. If it's low enough, you'll get away with a fine. Also, I'm having difficulty naming another game that allows you to collect vintage Playboy magazines. I've collected one at the moment so I'm no Hugh Hefner. I guess going around the city hunting for pictures of bare-naked women can be seen as an incentive for some people.

Just not me.
  13. Jan 2, 2011
    This is a great game! Forget those Reviews who say its strictly linear. Yes, it is. There`s a lot of story in it, its like playing a Movie. You can`t compare it to GTA IV, it`s like compairing S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Modern Warfare.
    Modern Warfare is also Strictly linear...and not a Bad Game at all....
    Modern Warfare is also Strictly linear...and not a Bad Game at all....
    Mafia II is Superb, Great graphics, cool Missiondesign and the Developers put in all their heart.
    Maybe it`s not "A perfect Game", but which Game is? If you look for a fast paced 3rd person action Game i would recommend something else (Just cause 2...etc)
  14. Jan 3, 2011
    excellent game, excellent story, nice graphic and sounds, good music, great characters, every mission is original and not boring like some GTA IV missions, you can download free ride mod, ....
    EXCELLENT !
  15. Jan 4, 2011
    This game is amazing, how many hours did they put into this? I guess the gameplay could be knocked a little, but on the whole it's fun and pretty tight. The graphics are where it's at, just mindblowing. Often found myself crashing into stuff, due to looking off at the scenery, good stuff.
  16. Mar 25, 2011
    Gameplay - 75 , Graphics - 85 , Story - 90 , Playing time - 15~20 hours. If you like games with good story, this is for you. However, the ending is a bit disappointing.
  17. Mar 29, 2011
    Mafia 2 is solid gangster game with excelent graphic and animation. Personally i like it more than first mafia. If you play all the DLCs, the game gets even better.
  18. May 6, 2011
    I loved this game. The story alone is awesome. Not sure what people are expecting but if you want to be submersed in a different time period and really get a sense of what it is like, this is the game for you. If you don't want to be annoyed by repetitive non story oriented missions, this is the game for you. I love gaming and and can't really short the game because of the length asI loved this game. The story alone is awesome. Not sure what people are expecting but if you want to be submersed in a different time period and really get a sense of what it is like, this is the game for you. If you don't want to be annoyed by repetitive non story oriented missions, this is the game for you. I love gaming and and can't really short the game because of the length as others have. I am a casual gamer and it took me 18 hours to finish. It was like a good book I didn't want to end. Some peeps compare it to GTA... GTA meh.. still haven't finished that game.. painful... Anyways I hope there is a part 3 !

L8r,
    HF
  19. Aug 30, 2011
    Best story out of any game! nuff said
  20. Jun 28, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good graphics and sounds, great optimization... If you`ve liked first part of mafia story, you must play the second... It is very easy to spot a bad sides of the game and did not spot the really good ones. This game is not a "sandbox" type, and clearly it is different from overrated "GTA IV" game (when we`re talking about game play), - it is not game for kids, it`s good action game with very good story... Because of few bigger "bugs", and because it is way to short, to completely feel all true spirit of the game, I`ll give it "strong" 8 out of 10. Expand
  21. Jan 8, 2012
    The atmosphere, the storyline... Mafia 2 is truly the game that will bring your mind back to the 40s and leave positive memories.

If you are into "criminal activities" and some shooting. Mafia 2 is a game for you.
  22. Aug 5, 2013
    I got this game in a deal with bioshock infinite and honestly didn't expect much from it. Maybe that helped a lot, as this game provided me with an amazing experience. The atmosphere in this game is just so great, you really get the feeling you are in the past. Next to that the missions are fun and I liked the mafia story a lot. The ending was one of the best I've seen in a video game, itI got this game in a deal with bioshock infinite and honestly didn't expect much from it. Maybe that helped a lot, as this game provided me with an amazing experience. The atmosphere in this game is just so great, you really get the feeling you are in the past. Next to that the missions are fun and I liked the mafia story a lot. The ending was one of the best I've seen in a video game, it really makes you think about the tough world of the past. My only critique about the game is that there is not much to do after the story, but since the story was so good it's no big deal to me. So that's why I definitely recommend getting this game, just don't expect an open world game like GTA or Saints Row, as this one is far more story based. Expand
  23. Mar 11, 2012
    Mafia II is an action packed, thriller of a game. It has all the necessary twists and turns as a game in this genre should, it has a cool storyline which people should not compare to GTA as it is a different sort of game in it's own way. I is impossible to see why Mafia II got a lower Metascore than Mafia I as in my opinion, it is such an improvement. Mafia II blows any game of it's sortMafia II is an action packed, thriller of a game. It has all the necessary twists and turns as a game in this genre should, it has a cool storyline which people should not compare to GTA as it is a different sort of game in it's own way. I is impossible to see why Mafia II got a lower Metascore than Mafia I as in my opinion, it is such an improvement. Mafia II blows any game of it's sort out of the water, and is a must buy for any PC PS3 or XBox 360 gamer. Expand
  24. Aug 27, 2012
    Not bad game played it on xbox it was good i only thought what it will be like on pc but finding out it was much better i got into game so much that even fighting enemy driving bit sluggish but not bad
  25. Apr 19, 2012
    this game is as close you can get in the mob without joining in real
    life.and the dlcs like joe adventure
    and others thegame is great GET MAFIA 2 TODAY
  26. Jul 24, 2012
    Awesome sequel of awesome game. Great graphics and story. If few parts little annoying but overall awesome worthy game! Atmosphere is also great specially with car music change as years and decades pass. Good work!
  27. Jul 18, 2012
    A perfect Story Game ? whats up 7.1 ? this game need a 9.7 ! ! ! !

German: einer der besten Mafia spiele, was ich je spielte. underbare Grafik mitfühlende Story.
    Die Atmosphäre alles wunderbar. Bei steam eine 77 gamescore ? unverständlich, das kann nur eine ursache haben :
    GTA Cheater kinder waren am werke, und haben das spiel nicht geschnallt !
  28. Aug 3, 2012
    Mafia 2 is more than just a game, this is the real Mafia adventure! It can be safely put next to a series of Godfather movies! Once you sit down and you do not come off until the very end, this is not even a story about tough mafia, and the two dream of Fool money, cars, women ... But in fact they are common sixes!
  29. Jan 14, 2013
    This is really good game, very interesting story, and wonderful gaming world. You may love it, if you buy it. Developers of this game deserve big congratulations, great work. This game starts a new era of PC games. Try it and you´ll see.
  30. Apr 10, 2013
    I had big expectations when I bought this game.And now, after I finished it I can say it was worth every single penny I spent on it.The only bad part about this game was that it finished too fast.But if you haven't played it yet, go on and buy it!
  31. Jun 22, 2013
    NO! ITS NOT A GTA! So what?? I love this game, great story, MUSIC, cars... basically the perfect 40-50's
    I've played it +100 hours (without the DLC's that I recently bought), passed the story like 4 times, and a hell lot of fun walking around with a Tommy Gun shoting stuff! +Awesome police chases.
    If it has problems?? Of course and so what? Every game has them, and it doesn't mean you won't have great experience!
    RECOMMENDED +10000
  32. Oct 21, 2013
    It's like Grand Theft Auto but you're really tied to the story, and that's not a bad thing. The story is nice, and the voice acting is great. Awesome game.
  33. Oct 10, 2013
  34. Aug 25, 2014
    Graphic: awesome
    Music: awesome
    Story: awesome
    Gameplay: awesome

This game is just perfect! I cant wait for Mafia 3! City looks very good. There is a lot of details put in this game. Cars looks wonderful. Missions are really good. Gameplay is much better than GTA. 10 from me!
  35. Feb 19, 2014
    One of my favorite games ever!
    This setting is really amazing and original. The storyline is great and feels really life-like.
    The characters could have been from some real story, and the level of depth in the environment is very nice.
  36. Nov 30, 2014
    Amazing game! The story is funny and at the end dramatic. Graphics is very good. If you forgive a little bit of snags, when you don´t know, what to do, it is one of the best games in its genre, maybe it creates its genre itself. I recommend it to all enthusiast of all city-action-mafia games. Playtime is about 14-16 hours. If I will try to be objective, I rate it 9/10. I thank to developerAmazing game! The story is funny and at the end dramatic. Graphics is very good. If you forgive a little bit of snags, when you don´t know, what to do, it is one of the best games in its genre, maybe it creates its genre itself. I recommend it to all enthusiast of all city-action-mafia games. Playtime is about 14-16 hours. If I will try to be objective, I rate it 9/10. I thank to developer for the game, It was experience :-) Expand
  37. Jul 18, 2014
    Mafia 2 : Hum.. comment dire ... L'un des meilleurs jeu de mafia ! L'ambiance new-yorkaise des années 40 50 est juste magique , jeu vraiment beau et l'histoire est vraiment super . Manque un mode multijoueur mais bon il est possible de jouer en multi avec des mods :)
  38. Sep 22, 2014
    Another successful game from 2K Czech (ex-Illusion Softworks). I love to see games like this. This game really worth playing, even if he stayed a long time in development. Some very good soundtracks. What can I say, Mafia game series is one of the best games ever created.

" Away from Sicily, across the ocean to start a new life in America. Never in my life had I seen anything as fantastic as empire bay, it was beautiful. But on the other hand, I'd never seen anything more filthy and so disgusting as our new s--t-hole of an apartment. The American dream was more like a nightmare. " - Vito Scaleta
  39. Sep 9, 2014
    Instantly fell in love with it. Just everything about it. Story- one of the best. One exceptional thing about the series is the responsiveness and smoothness.
  40. Oct 18, 2014
    This is a best game evar (its my opinion) .
  41. Oct 23, 2015
    I can rarely find a game with such a great story, gameplay, skvělímy quotes and sophisticated characters and even more to do with dubbing in my native language (Czech). Definitely my favorite game
  42. Jul 3, 2016
    I've rebeaten this game a few times and it says everything. You will experience very fun gameplay, you will definitely like both art and soundtrack, and the story will make you addictive. I'm looking forward to play Mafia III and am very hyped about it. If you haven't not played this game yet, I don't know who you are and why you're reading this short review instead of purchasing the game.
  43. Oct 21, 2016
    The best game of my 25 years life. But don't play Mafia III. If you cleared mafia 2, stop right there. You must be super disappointed with Mafia 3. It's terrible game in everyway(especially story is bored)
  44. Nov 27, 2016
    really liked the Mafia 2 mainly from the challenges the police chase after you passed the red light. For me it was one of the best games in the Mafia trilogy
  45. Jul 20, 2017
    An amazing story, great graphics and extremely fun to play. It was also very hard to play, but in a way that made it addicting. The open world is also very fun to explore
  46. Dec 1, 2017
    A Masterpiece .. though it is a little limited .. it's still one of the greatest games ever made , i enjoyed playing this game so much .. the graphics were flawless at that time .. the story is so realistic and iimmersive , the gameplay was awesome especially driving last but not least the soundtrack was just flawless it suited that time period and the setting .. one thing i can sayA Masterpiece .. though it is a little limited .. it's still one of the greatest games ever made , i enjoyed playing this game so much .. the graphics were flawless at that time .. the story is so realistic and iimmersive , the gameplay was awesome especially driving last but not least the soundtrack was just flawless it suited that time period and the setting .. one thing i can say about this game : perfection Expand
  47. Jan 9, 2018
    one of the best games ive played best in the series compared to most games there is alot to do despite what some say you can put gas in your car eat in restaurants rob stores buy guns drive iconic cars of the 50s it does have a bit of a short story but alot of replay value over all 10 out of 10 in my books
  48. Apr 23, 2018
    The game is a bit short but you do not feel it with that atmosphere. The variety of the weapons is a bit less powerful than the graphics of the period.
  49. Jul 28, 2018
    Mafia 2 is a third person story driven action adventure game which takes place during and after WW2 in New York. You play as a military veteran coming back home to his family in New York. Being forced to pay of his old man's debt makes him take on rough jobs. This and his friend Joe getting in contact with one of the crime families is how he after some time become a part of one suchMafia 2 is a third person story driven action adventure game which takes place during and after WW2 in New York. You play as a military veteran coming back home to his family in New York. Being forced to pay of his old man's debt makes him take on rough jobs. This and his friend Joe getting in contact with one of the crime families is how he after some time become a part of one such family. (of course skipping a lot) The story is very engaging with a good display of how violent and dangerous being a part of the Mafia was. The game has good music fitting to the time, good shooting and driving mechanics. Expand
  50. Nov 24, 2018
    Мафия II является пожалуй лучшей частью серии. Харизматичный Вито Скалетта попадая за воровство на войну и пройдя ее возвращается домой и мы продолжаем его историю.
    Сама игра подобна персонажу - в ней много идеального. В игре есть "плюшки" которые подпитывают интерес. Сразу хочу сказать, что я не играл в Мафию i, но меня удивили такие фишки как добавление машины в розыск, подделывание номерных знаков, персонализация и сама атмосфера игры с её радио, машинами, городом создает не малое погружение.
    Я рекомендую купить игру и заявляю, что она того стоит.
  51. Jul 7, 2019
    one of the most atmospheric and just a good game overall. good story telling you dive into disconnects from reality
  52. Nov 23, 2018
    Это лучшее что я видел... Я не знаю как это передать в тексте...
  53. Feb 7, 2019
    Naprostá pecka škoda jen že Američani donutily vydat osekanou hru proti naplánovanému obsahu. Hra zrála ve vývoji moc dlouho i kolik enginů vystřídala, hold menší tým potřebuje dost času, to zas Američani potřebují víc peníze jak skvělou hru.
  54. Jan 20, 2019
    Mafia 2 is the best part of the trilogy. Charismatic main character and his partners, funny jokes, interesting atmosphere, interesting gameplay, realistic riding. Playing mafia 2, I felt it all. In this game you will be sad if one of the main characters dies. This game taught me the rules, concepts in society and much more. I learned what a real mafia is! The only negative is a short plot.Mafia 2 is the best part of the trilogy. Charismatic main character and his partners, funny jokes, interesting atmosphere, interesting gameplay, realistic riding. Playing mafia 2, I felt it all. In this game you will be sad if one of the main characters dies. This game taught me the rules, concepts in society and much more. I learned what a real mafia is! The only negative is a short plot. This game at the time of 2019 is still relevant and interesting. I advise everyone to go through it at least once! Expand
  55. Mar 29, 2019
    -realistic
    -amazing story with twists and turns
    -good gameplay
    -average map but the gameplay and the realism in it helps it get together
    -good graphic
  56. Apr 26, 2019
    Hi, everyone. I'm here to criticize mafia 2....The game is my favorite of the millions but it has disadvantages and so: -No open world, he just has the plot ,and walk after the plot can not only in the additions -This Supplement about this pseudo Hitman about Joe came out cool ,but with Hitman Dinis neochen only the second part of this dlc.All more cons there is no ............LOSS OFHi, everyone. I'm here to criticize mafia 2....The game is my favorite of the millions but it has disadvantages and so: -No open world, he just has the plot ,and walk after the plot can not only in the additions -This Supplement about this pseudo Hitman about Joe came out cool ,but with Hitman Dinis neochen only the second part of this dlc.All more cons there is no ............LOSS OF SIGNAL............................. Expand
  57. May 11, 2019
    Лучшая игра про мафию, выходившая когда-либо. Атмосфера, музыка, главный герой - все супер.
  58. Sep 27, 2019
    Игра с интересным сюжетом, не отпускающий до конца. Но козырём для меня является атмосфера. Можно просто сесть в машину, включить радио и получать наслаждение.
  59. Sep 1, 2019
    Terrific game. Absolute 10/10. Perfect gameplay, graphics, atmosphere and the best thing: Storytelling. Very Very good game.
  60. Aug 29, 2010
    When I first saw the trailer for the game, I was simply amazed. I am a new fan to the first Mafia, and as soon as I played it, I was simply amazed. Like many games, this one still has its flaws, such as not having side quests/missions, because when I play an open world game I expect some side missions. But otherwise, this game is simply beautiful, and the cut scenes were fun to watch. TheWhen I first saw the trailer for the game, I was simply amazed. I am a new fan to the first Mafia, and as soon as I played it, I was simply amazed. Like many games, this one still has its flaws, such as not having side quests/missions, because when I play an open world game I expect some side missions. But otherwise, this game is simply beautiful, and the cut scenes were fun to watch. The city feels sorta empty, but it doesn't bother me. I do hate that the gun shops around the cities only have a Police .38 Revolver, a Colt 1911, or a shotgun. When I go to a gun shop I expect a Thompson Police Issue or something like that. But of course, you have to drive a mile to get to Harry who has more guns than the gun shops around the city combined, but of course the drive is worth it. The driving in this game is very realistic. If you're planning on trying to reach 120 MPH and expect to stop unharmed, you're wrong, he-he. I'm saddened by the length of this game. I beat it in about 10-11 hours, but of course this is longer than most games out in the market, but in Mafia 1 terms this is short. The collectibles in this game will want gamers want to replay the game just to find them, such as the playboys, wanted posters, etc, etc. I give this game a 9.2, for being a gritty, beautiful, and fun game that i'm sure anyone that loves the original Mafia game and the Godfather series will enjoy. Expand
  61. Aug 25, 2010
    After a long wait for the sequel of the cult game Mafia, it has finally been released. Mafia 2 set you in the shoes of Vito Scaletta, a young boy that that is sent to the army....well you probably know the small details already, since this will probably not be the first review you will read.

I decided to put my review up here because this game has been getting some questionable scores from very known sites. I however see it in a different approach then these have. Actually it has been getting some false hate because most people have expected something that wasn`t really there, and was properly advertised in this way to. Mafia II is in fact a story game, with Empire Bay just as an extra asset. This isn`t you`re typical free roam game, simply because it really wasn`t designed as one either.

It heavily relies on the story, which is in fact really great put, though there could have been some better pacing at certain times. Some of the missions actually has some really great locations and good action packed is it also. All from simply lifting boxes in to a truck, to be telephone operator that steals jewelery, it goes away from the dated "go there and kill these people" and that was the mission. In fact, most of the missions is like this, but it hides it in such a good way that it really immerses you in every way possible. In this aspect, it shines more than I have seen in almost any game, if not the most of them all. Remember, this could have been just a game that didn`t actually have a city at all, but it`s still there. This was never a free roam game, the developers have stated this several times. Soundtrack in itself is simply put amazing. It fits the 40s and the 50s era perfect, even if some of the songs it not entirely accurate of the timeline. Voice acting is as strong as you can get in a video game, it really is believable and makes the characters more believable than there actions make them out to be. You feel sympathy with Vito and his situation, it is really close to perfection this area. In the end, if you can retract the fact that this is not a free roam game like GTA, you will have one of the best experiences this gen. 9.2
  62. Aug 30, 2010
    Mafia II refuses to follow the crowd of open-world games by putting authenticity at the head of its agenda instead of sheer scale and off-the-hook action. Empire Bay is a fantastic embodiment of the 1940s/'50s; really sharp cinematography and mostly solid voice acting; well-built experience with a handful of notable moments. Most exciting moments in game are seen and not played;Mafia II refuses to follow the crowd of open-world games by putting authenticity at the head of its agenda instead of sheer scale and off-the-hook action. Empire Bay is a fantastic embodiment of the 1940s/'50s; really sharp cinematography and mostly solid voice acting; well-built experience with a handful of notable moments. Most exciting moments in game are seen and not played; superficial narrative fails to explore briefly mentioned themes; streamlined campaign lacks side missions or exploration.
    A must for any godfather or other mafia games

Game duration 8 -10 hours depending how slow/fast you play
  63. Sep 4, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The story, the characters, the world, the graphics, the music were perfect for me, I really enjoyed all the time, I played Mafia II. It is true that maybe the car driving part was bigger than expected, but I also enjoyed these, because it was good to drive in an enviroment like this. Vito's character is good, but it cannot beat the first game's perfect Tommy Angelo. On the other hand Joe is one of the best side-kicks I ever seen in a game. The rest of the characters are very well made. In Mafia II, we have experienced the most special way to connect two game's stories, I really couldn't believe my eyes, when I arrived THAT house in Chapter 14. I really liked the idea of starting the game in the world war II. I think there is only one big problem with this game. I don't mind that it is short. I don't mind that most of the time I had to drive a car (what I really enjoyed, as I said before), but the ending of the game is terrible. I mean, the way the game ends, is not a real ending. Yeah, Joe has to die, and maybe Vito should die too, I am not saying this is a bad ending. The way the game ends is what I don't like. It isn't dramatic enough. Leo's last words meant to be dramatic, but they aren't. There isn't a "The End", or a Mafia II logo before the credits roll, and all this doesn't make a good ending. Normally I would give a 10 to this game, but with this ending I would say only 7 or 8. But... I think the story is intended to not to be closed down, and I think we will see DLCs in the future, which will continue the game's story. With this being said, I really trust in Mafia II's story being continued, and I am sure the developers can make such a good ending, that the first game has. This is why I give the game 9 points of 10... Expand
  64. Sep 27, 2012
    Mafia 2 is a great game, with unique atmosphere of USA city in 50's. This is achieved by excellent soundtrack, movie-style feeling and great graphic and realistic adaptation of historical surrounding and vehicles. This game is also based mostly on its story, which also contribute to movie-style feeling, however, the story "end" is little dissapoiting in this way.
  65. Sep 8, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Wirklich gutes gelungenes Action Game mit guter Grafik und Sound. Leider nicht vergleichbar mit GTA da es keine gründe zum erkunden der Stadt gibt oder beschäftigungs Möglichkeiten. Aber über die gesamte Spielzeit gut inszenierte Action mit Film reifer Geschichte.
    GrüÃ
  66. Sep 7, 2010
    the strength of this game comes from its storyline! well thought and very enjoyable. The build up to each scene and chapter really get the player itchin to get in there and scene what happens next. Easter eggs too!
  67. Oct 13, 2010
    I loved this game. The feeling of being immersed in the 40s and 50s is just amazing due to the truly deep attention to detail. This is not Grand Theft Auto, nor was it intended to be. It is a tight story driven game with fun gameplay set in an open and detailed world. Weapons are fun and rewardingly destructive. The real treat though is the art, which really brings the era alive.
  68. Sep 21, 2010
    Mafia 2 is fantastic. The game has so much atmosphere, that it is difficult to not constantly stop whatever you are doing in the game to observe the surroundings. The city is living and especially its winter period is filled with atmosphere. It made me think it was cold outside my window in real life a few times.. The story is great, although not the most original. The voice acting isMafia 2 is fantastic. The game has so much atmosphere, that it is difficult to not constantly stop whatever you are doing in the game to observe the surroundings. The city is living and especially its winter period is filled with atmosphere. It made me think it was cold outside my window in real life a few times.. The story is great, although not the most original. The voice acting is professional, filled with humour and Italian accents. This was definetly worth waiting many years for. If I could get a few wishes granted, it would be for the game to be longer, and for the cops to be meaner. Comparing to the first Mafia game, you actually felt you were in trouble if cops started chasing you. It seems much easier to run away from them in Mafia 2: all you do is drive as fast as you can. I wish this could be something that can be adjusted in the game's difficulty level. However, these are just minor issues. Mafia 2 in my opinion is a living, beautiful, atmospheric game with great music, awesome old school cars, and entertaining combat. Expand
  69. Oct 3, 2010
    The game itself is quite limited. Driving, shooting/ boxing, that's about it; hardly any replay value. The storyline is never far away from the clichees we all know. Still, the game experience, continuity, and museum-like atmosphere are among the best in the game industry. I loved the hours I spent with Mafia 2.
  70. Jan 1, 2011
    This game is simply amazing. They put lots of effort into writing the story it seems and the gameplay is just as amazing... I took my time to beat it instead of rushing through it so I spent about 30 or so hours on it....So what if there is nothing to do after, thats how games were in the past...A game this amazing doesnt need a multiplayer. All multiplayer does is make all the work theyThis game is simply amazing. They put lots of effort into writing the story it seems and the gameplay is just as amazing... I took my time to beat it instead of rushing through it so I spent about 30 or so hours on it....So what if there is nothing to do after, thats how games were in the past...A game this amazing doesnt need a multiplayer. All multiplayer does is make all the work they put into the game pointless because of how many people dont like singleplayer..... And there is a multiplayer mod being made. This game is like playing a movie its almost entirely story based, but that doesnt take away from the thrill of the gunfights and just being able to drive the city. If you dont want to do the mission then just dont follow the marker, it will be just like a GTA free roam, with more strict cops. Which brings me to the cops. They will arrest you for almost anything....Wreckless driving, speeding, hit and run etc. and its not like on GTA where you can outrun them no problem....You have to outrun them which is usually done by tricking them to crash into a wall. They will remember you by either your car, license plate, or clothing, all of which can be changed. If they see you, you will have a few seconds to get out of there sight before they go after you. This is a must have if you like games with great stories and can overcome the fact that it has no multiplayer, which I did and that doesnt affect my opinion about it at all. My only complaint is i got a large amount of lag in small portions throughout the game so some lesser computers might not be able to run it. Mine is pretty good but i could use a better graphics card. Overall amazing game, I hope to see a Mafia 2! Expand
  71. Jan 3, 2011
    Do not listen to those who doesn't know what they want from life. I have played tons of games in my life and I can assure you Mafia II is one of the best games I have ever played. It is not the classic "Go shoot someone" without a reason (A.K.A GTA IV). Everything you do has that "1930 gangster" feeling. You aren't the baddest **** in Earth but you are definitely close to achieve that.Do not listen to those who doesn't know what they want from life. I have played tons of games in my life and I can assure you Mafia II is one of the best games I have ever played. It is not the classic "Go shoot someone" without a reason (A.K.A GTA IV). Everything you do has that "1930 gangster" feeling. You aren't the baddest **** in Earth but you are definitely close to achieve that.

The graphics are really good, not the best in the market nowadays but it's amazing anyway.

The shooting system is pretty awesome. Bullets do hurt you pretty badly. If someone shoot you in the back, you are dead. Firing a Tommy Gun was never as fun as in this game. The best thing you can do to prove this is to rob a store (in a really real way), and destroy everything in the famous 1930's machine gun.

The fighting system is... well, seriously awful. It's SO lame that even a 2 years old baby can beat the strongest enemy. You just have to cover and hit while the enemy is tired.

The driving system is quite standard. Nothing new in this, but I still like it. It adds the "realism" driving mode, but it's pretty lame anyway. if you liked GTA IV driving system you'll surely like this one.

The story is more than awesome. It was like a movie (a really good one). Good characters, in a really dark world where anyone is what they seem to be. Uncovered cops, dirty and sadistic bosses and even the chinese mafia.

In the other hand, characters are a solid 10. You even feel what they feel and actually suffer with them. From Joe to Henry or Luca, everyone is unique and can't be better in anyway.

Some bad points: No side missions. This is the biggest mistake imo. 2K screwed it up with this one.

The cops are pretty stupid. Their AI is more than awful.

There is no complete nudity. Come on, guys. We are mature enough to see some **** some of us even have family. This is becoming seriously lame!

If you like intense shootings, to torn apart everything (from concrete walls to cars), to kick the **** out of the bad ones (Because they suffer when their time comes. A lot.) or even walk calmly in the huge city, this is the game for you.
  72. Sep 25, 2013
    More like a movie than a video game, Mafia II still has solid gameplay and good feel, with plenty of twists and turns in the game, but with Mafia II, they sacrificed a bit of freedom and open-world feel to make the story fresh and interesting with good gameplay.

Like many people reviewing, the first thing I have to say is that the game is short, without any extra depth to the side missions, so if you are buying this for the replay value, don't. The game may be fun, but after you complete the campaign, there is nothing left to do, hell, even during the game there are few options to do side-missions, and even then, the extra money can't be used for a whole lot, and because of a plot development, becomes useless. Additionally, auto-saving can be a bit of a pain in the ass, since it only autosaves before a big fight, rather than after mission objectives are completed, so if you crash, you're and have to replay several minutes of gameplay at least.

Despite this, I love this game, because the plot kept me hooked. I went into this game expecting GTA mafia edition, and came out feeling like I finished a good movie. Additionally, this game went with a balance leaning towards realism, albeit keeping game elements in. For instance, if you get into a fist-fight with a random bystander, the police won't run over to you and cap you for it, but rather they will tell you to break it up, and keep the fighting off the streets. If you are speeding, they will attempt to pursue, but if you go around a corner they pretty much stop caring. Likewise, if you steal a car, or kill someone, they could take down your description or license plate, so those would have to be changed too, either by a new outfit, or buying a license plate from a shady garage.

Overall, I loved this game, and wish there were more like it. Too many games sacrifice plot and MEANINGFUL gameplay for appealing to a wider audience. This might be the part where I'd say I would definitively play again, except I already have.
  73. Apr 5, 2011
    This game cuts no corners in immersing you. Everything about the city - the music, the advertisements, the cars, and more - are all historically precise. The voice acting is incredible, the storyline is addicting, and the music combines familiar themes with a new modern twist to make this game play more like a Godfather movie than a simple third-person shooter. You will fall in love withThis game cuts no corners in immersing you. Everything about the city - the music, the advertisements, the cars, and more - are all historically precise. The voice acting is incredible, the storyline is addicting, and the music combines familiar themes with a new modern twist to make this game play more like a Godfather movie than a simple third-person shooter. You will fall in love with the characters from the moment you meet them. Almost every aspect of this game makes you feel like a true 50s mobster.
    That being said, there are some downsides to it. The combat is somewhat exciting, but it could use a little work - not to mention there could be more of it, and earlier on as well. The game boasts less than 10 hours of gameplay, a good chunk of which is spent doing mundane tasks like driving to your house or to a bar on the other side of the city. The story itself, thrilling as it is, has a letdown of an ending that makes you feel that the game can't possibly be done. The DLC for the game consists mostly of clothes and cars, which aren't very useful as there is practically nothing to do in free roam mode. Of course, there are a couple of campaigns out to extend the value of the game - if you can dish another 20 bucks out.
    All in all, it's got a great storyline, an AMAZING musical score, great characters and voiceacting, and great gameplay. On the flip side, it's short, incomplete, and there's really not much to do outside of the campaign. Any fan of the iconic 50's mafia should give this game a shot. Worth 30 bucks on Steam? I'd say, unless you're starving for cash. Of course, if you're lucky like me, you'll catch it on sale for 10 bucks.

Oh and one more note: There is a glitch on one of the chapters that may cause you to become stuck and have to replay a significant chunk of the game to (possibly) fix it. Hopefully they'll patch it soon.
  74. May 9, 2011
    Good game. One of a kind. Unfortunately, no such effect on the passage of both the first part. But it's the only game of the mafia that can be played.
  75. Dec 29, 2011
    First up, I'd like to inform you that I am passionate about Mafia II. I like games with a story that makes me care about the characters involved and has me guessing what happens next, and Mafia II does that for me. Secondly, it looks surprisingly good on the highest graphical settings. Quite impressive. Thirdly.. Well.. I just want you to play it and fall in love with it. 2k Czech did aFirst up, I'd like to inform you that I am passionate about Mafia II. I like games with a story that makes me care about the characters involved and has me guessing what happens next, and Mafia II does that for me. Secondly, it looks surprisingly good on the highest graphical settings. Quite impressive. Thirdly.. Well.. I just want you to play it and fall in love with it. 2k Czech did a great job, and Mafia II feels like a labor of love. Expand
  76. Dec 10, 2012
    One of the best open world game I've ever played! The plot is great, characters are not flat, have, each are other, graphic is still good and one of the biggest advantage of this game: soundtrack and climate! I love to play Mafia for these things. Sometimes I launch the game only for drive any car and listen to radio!
  77. Feb 24, 2018
    Highly recommended.

Characterization, depth, gameplay, graphics are all incredible. Bad: Voice over.
  78. Oct 30, 2012
    This is the definitive version to pick up. If you're playing this on the PS3 or 360, you're screwed. Mafia is all started on the PC before the consoles ever come out. Well, I am disappointed with the console versions. Slow loading times and not as great as on the PC. Yeah, I know it's short, but at least you'll get some chances on Joe's Adventures. It's that one DLC missing, but that'sThis is the definitive version to pick up. If you're playing this on the PS3 or 360, you're screwed. Mafia is all started on the PC before the consoles ever come out. Well, I am disappointed with the console versions. Slow loading times and not as great as on the PC. Yeah, I know it's short, but at least you'll get some chances on Joe's Adventures. It's that one DLC missing, but that's only on the consoles now here while in other countries, the PC has it as well. Expand
  79. Oct 3, 2012
    Mafia II is undoubtedly one of the best crime games. Game well because Graphics excellent, the plot is excellent, the game invested and good, the game very realistic and one example is that the police smarter, she'll want to check your identity card with a run and not hurt her, with a crash into a car or will go too fast you will conference with if you hit something you stop Drag andMafia II is undoubtedly one of the best crime games. Game well because Graphics excellent, the plot is excellent, the game invested and good, the game very realistic and one example is that the police smarter, she'll want to check your identity card with a run and not hurt her, with a crash into a car or will go too fast you will conference with if you hit something you stop Drag and weapons they fired you. The game is not perfect because the videos people look like dolls, short game and really you Walking about the city and the definition of "open world" is just a backdrop to the game itself. In sum game looks good but deepen it see it's not perfect Expand
  80. May 5, 2015
    A very nice game with a great story, although Vito is not as charismatic as Tommy Angelo (from the first Mafia). The game is a rather linear affair, but the atmosphere created by the cinematic cutscenes and the detailed rendition of the city is top notch. The missions are elaborate and varied.
  81. Feb 12, 2013
    great game, with great expansion into the way Nvidia physX works. of course, you need a nvidia card to get most out of it. story is pretty solid, but overall not many memorable moments i can think of. controls are solid, but i wish it has some QTE in there. imagine, if they make this like 'Yakuza the game' or shenmue...
  82. Mar 17, 2013
    Its simply awesome game but little short without DLC. But if u have all dlc u can play much longer and have more funny. Reccomend game all mafia fans
  83. Dec 20, 2013
    I played the Mac version, not PC, but couldn't find an option for it. :(

First few times I played, I liked it, but didn't find it anything special. Then, after a while without touching it, I decided to give it another chance. Well, that was a revelation. Taking this game serious, getting used to the controls and the way the game works has made me see it in a totally different light.
    I played the Mac version, not PC, but couldn't find an option for it. :(

First few times I played, I liked it, but didn't find it anything special.
    Then, after a while without touching it, I decided to give it another chance.
    Well, that was a revelation. Taking this game serious, getting used to the controls and the way the game works has made me see it in a totally different light. I've now finished two of the main campaigns and will start another soon.

Pros:
    Graphically very impressive
    The sound is great, too
    Combat is well thought out, with few problems (mainly the boring hand-to-hand combat)
    Driving is basically perfect
    The missions are varied and enticing
    The extra content is great (despite a dependency on timed missions)
    Huge arsenal at your disposal
    Going on a rampage is a great stress-reliever
    Huge city to explore

Cons:
    I can only see one the fact that, despite the city's magnificence, I was left wanting more places to go (and destroy). Most of the building are just there for cosmetic purposes. I wanted banks to rob, post offices to terrorise, a full stadium to go berserk (it's there, but you can't enter it), etc.
    As it stands, you have restaurants, gun shops, gas stations and cloth shops and nothing else (except on select missions).

Conclusion:
    Awesome game, that could be only improved by extending what's already there.
    Unfortunately, that doesn't seem likely, given the game's age and lack of any news about it...
  84. Jun 21, 2013
    Excellent game, great graphics, sound, acting, story and gameplay, open world a bit lacking when compared to GTA but you could say that about any semi-linear game.
  85. Apr 12, 2014
    This game is amazing, the story is good, the characters are well constructed,but it's not the best game.
    The story is pretty short and the game play goes from hard to easy to hard again.
    The plot is very interesting but i was left with some questions even after the game ended You are in an open world,but in the sam e time you aren't. You can save only at certain points and some of
    You are in an open world,but in the sam e time you aren't.
    You can save only at certain points and some of the checkpoints are to far away one from each other
  86. Sep 12, 2014
    One of my all-time favourite games. Great story and immersion, love the setting. Graphics are four years old now, but still look great (except from some facial animations, maybe). Game-play is very good, although i would like to blind-fire and move from cover to cover. All in all, a great action game and a wonderful gangster drama.
  87. Feb 9, 2014
    This is a really good game, I play it all the time. It has amazing graphics, wonderful story line which makes you really attached to the characters! You can really feel like your Vito in the game. The reason I gave this game a 9 rating is because of the reason that you can't shoot while you are driving a car, and the playboy pictures that you collect are rather useless and don't make muchThis is a really good game, I play it all the time. It has amazing graphics, wonderful story line which makes you really attached to the characters! You can really feel like your Vito in the game. The reason I gave this game a 9 rating is because of the reason that you can't shoot while you are driving a car, and the playboy pictures that you collect are rather useless and don't make much sense. Other than those two things, this game is very authentic and makes you wanting to play it over and over again. I recommend this game to all of my friends and to anyone who is thinking about buying this game... Buy it because I really don't think you'll regret it! Expand
  88. Aug 7, 2017
    Mafia II game does an excellent job of immersing you into the 40s-50s era and the great story coupled with some amazing voice acting behind very likeable characters really makes you feel you're inside a good gangster movie.

Driving through the beautiful scenery and shooting up the people who stand in your way is really enjoyable. What I felt was lacking is some freedom and time to take in the world around you. You don't get any chance to enjoy and spend all the money you earn because by the time you get them they get taken away as the story rushes you to the next chapter.

Overall an enjoyable experience.
  89. Dec 17, 2014
    Top Notch story and game play! The story is better than most movies in a similar theme. The length of the story is very well done. Being able to see the world through 1940s , 50s, 60s is a real treat.

Highly recommended if you like mafia / shooters with a great story.
    Popcorn worthy!
  90. Feb 4, 2015
    Oyun gerçekten insanı sarıyor açık dünyası birazcık özgürlük etkisini yansıtmasada seneryo ve oynanış konusunda harbiden çok güzel yapılmış bir oyun
  91. Apr 9, 2017
    Ничего не могу поделать, влюблён я в эту игру.
    За эту прекрасную атмосферу, музыку, город, кат-сцены... Чёрт, для меня в ней нет недостатков. Мне нравится и геймплей и сюжет.
  92. Aug 14, 2016
    Mafia II is probably one of the best open-world games that looks like a GTA clone, but once you play, you understand this is a completely different dimension. It isn't as action packed as GTA, but it has that great feel of 40's - the radio stations, Empire Bay, the characters and mafia. The story is very well written and although the game is quite short, I still enjoyed it very much. IMafia II is probably one of the best open-world games that looks like a GTA clone, but once you play, you understand this is a completely different dimension. It isn't as action packed as GTA, but it has that great feel of 40's - the radio stations, Empire Bay, the characters and mafia. The story is very well written and although the game is quite short, I still enjoyed it very much. I also have to say that the soundtrack is absolutely blasting - one of the best ones I've ever heard. Every gamer must play this as this is a masterpiece. 9/10. Expand
  93. Nov 28, 2015
    Oh wow. I was blown away with how badass this game is. I would have given it a ten if it only lasted longer... Nonetheless worth getting. The graphics are amazing for its time, the story is the best story I have ever experienced. It is gripping and takes turns and draws you in. The city has a perfect vibe, and there are some wonderful vintage guns and cars to go along. I understand thisOh wow. I was blown away with how badass this game is. I would have given it a ten if it only lasted longer... Nonetheless worth getting. The graphics are amazing for its time, the story is the best story I have ever experienced. It is gripping and takes turns and draws you in. The city has a perfect vibe, and there are some wonderful vintage guns and cars to go along. I understand this game isn't for everybody, but if you like a good story get this game. Expand
  94. Jun 12, 2016
    The Plot and setting is awesome, The characters are interesting and so is the city, the gameplay is decent, The graphics are good for a 2010 game, the story is long and again interesting. the world changes from time to time. there is some funny moments and a bit sad moments in this game, for those who have a low-spec pc it might run smoothly.
    If you love Godfather or Goodfellas you'll
    If you love Godfather or Goodfellas you'll love it
    The only problem is that it doesn't have multiplayer or an open world to explore
  95. Jul 19, 2019
    -Sound and Music: 8
    -Bugs: 10
    -Interface: 9
    -Completeness of the world: 8

Аdditional evaluation criteria (Do not really affect the assessment):
    -Freedom of choice: 0
    -Coop in Story mode: 0
    -Mods and the ability to change the game:

Scores from 1 to 10, the higher the better
  96. Dec 20, 2016
    Este juego fue buenísimo, disfruté todo de él. Su historia es muy buena y muy enredada, su final te deja con la boca abierta.
    Sus personajes me cayeron muy bien y la crudeza con la que se muestran ciertas cosas fue bien recibida.
    Este juego tiene cientos de detalles cuidados que se degustan suave y dulcemente.
    Sin lugar a dudas, un gran juego.
  97. Jun 24, 2018
    Прекрасная игра с интересным сюжетом и незабываемыми персонажами.
  98. Jan 7, 2018
    Wow! this game is amazing. it exceeded my expectations. Story line, Music, action everything is brilliant. depth in characterization makes this game very interesting.
  99. Sep 2, 2018
    I really love this game, although it's simplistic in some ways, the story is interesting and achieves the mafia/gangster feeling it aims for, if only mafia 3 followed this style - 10/10
  100. Nov 21, 2018
    Хорошая игра. Внимание к деталям заводит до жути, только из-за этого дотянул оценку с 8 до 9. Сюжет очень хороший, но в отличии от первой мафии, эта куда короче, это расстраивает. Ну а так достойное продолжение первой части, больше мне сказать нечего.Хорошая игра. Внимание к деталям заводит до жути, только из-за этого дотянул оценку с 8 до 9. Сюжет очень хороший, но в отличии от первой мафии, эта куда короче, это расстраивает. Ну а так достойное продолжение первой части, больше мне сказать нечего.

1. Jan 12, 2011
    The combination of the ancient control mechanics, odd pacing and lack of real world entertainment drag the game down and seriously decreased my enjoyment of Mafia II. Still, it's worth a playthrough if you just adore mafia games and have a solid PC build to take it on.
  2. Dec 20, 2010
    I walked into my experience of Mafia II with no real expectations other than hearing my colleague's praise. What I walked away with after playing through the story was a sense of awe and amazement that I haven't had since Alan Wake.
  3. PC Format
    Dec 20, 2010
    A well-rendered world, with a well-realised story, though without as much actual gaming as we'd hoped there'd be. [Issue#244, p.81]