8.0

1. Nov 7, 2019
    Thank you William.
    We live in a world where we have to quantify an artistic vision and give it marks out of ten which in this instance is totally unfair. If you are any way interested at all in a game that challenges how we perceive our four dimensional space time continuum on a two dimensional screen, then this is the one for you.
    This is however also a puzzle game, and it is in this
    Thank you William.
    This is however also a puzzle game, and it is in this that I am marking it an 8/10.
    Like Manifold Garden itself this is a game of multiple planes:
    There are some beautiful eureka moments that is characteristic of all excellent puzzle games, but on the flip side, some puzzles leave a sense of having to grind out a solution. There is a freedom to explore any surface, and to fall freely through "space" without fear of death, and to arrive back where you started from, but on the flip side the infinite regression of the World within Manifold Gardens is also restrictive and repetitive. There is a magical beautiful side to the game, but on the flip side it is all hard edges and loneliness. At its best, the game is uplifting rewarding and visually stunning, at its worst it's a puzzle game in search of a puzzle.
    Ultimately, you have to bow in deep respect and awe at the completeness of this immersive complex World, to drink in its majesty and get lost in its mysteries.
    Highly recommended.
  2. Oct 23, 2019
    A beautiful and unique game. You explore Escher-like worlds that defy logic. Fall through crazy architecture infinitely, and solve puzzles by shifting gravity. Levels that loop back on themselves and into other levels. Very unique, great atmosphere. Some puzzles are a bit tough but overall it isn't a punishing game.
  3. Oct 23, 2019
    Been eagerly anticipating this game and finally it's here! It's both exactly what I expected, and not at all what i expected. Somewhere around the first hour-mark of playing it, I went from, "Well, this is nice enough, I guess," to "Wow. This is an artistic vision."

It's delightful and polished and beautiful. The puzzles are interesting, and, well, give you something to DO while you experience all these worlds. Haven't finished it yet, but the little successes so far are satisfying and just right.

It is certainly in a similar quadrant to Antichamber, but with a perhaps even less explicit but more intentional thought-palette. (Also has a kind of 70s vibe to it that I cannot quite put my finger on.)

Spend some time there. Tasty.
  4. Nov 6, 2019
    Such an amazingly mind-bending and awe-inspiring game. At around 3-4 hours for the first playthrough it doesn't overstay its welcome, and for people wanting to discover all of the secrets there's also enough content to at least double that time. Also, be prepared to say "woah" a lot.

1. Nov 14, 2019
    I can absolutely recommend the game, but for all the good things it does, one which would be even stronger if you weren't taken out of the experience a little too often. I wanted to achieve true transcendence but the limitations the game places on you too often stop it from reaching its full potential. I have a feeling you’ll still want to experience it, though, and don’t be surprised if you make everyone around you do the same.
  2. Nov 6, 2019
    Manifold Garden is an incredibly stylish first-person puzzler, like walking through the architectural drawings of a pandimensional designer. Some of the individual rooms are a little too sterile for their own good but these are always followed up with incredible views that stretch out forever in geometrically pleasing patterns of infinite repetition. The tendrils of darkness overrunning the garden are a passive threat at their worst, leaving you free to explore and experiment, flipping the world around to see it from a new perspective. The garden may have seen better days but chasing away the darkness is just the excuse needed to take it all in, solving its mysteries and coming to grips with a creation that only follows the rules of 3D space when it feels like it.
  3. Oct 31, 2019
    Manifold Garden is a nice and pleasant title, especially to play it off and on and avoid saturation.