8.2

1. Jun 5, 2014
    630 hours played. I love this game. It has come a very long way since release, that said I still don't think it deserves a 9 or 10. All the people complaining about "fake" reviews are just seeing overly excited players trying to get people to see how much this game has changed. The devs are definitely the best and most responsive of any game I've ever played. If you like ARPGs this game is630 hours played. I love this game. It has come a very long way since release, that said I still don't think it deserves a 9 or 10. All the people complaining about "fake" reviews are just seeing overly excited players trying to get people to see how much this game has changed. The devs are definitely the best and most responsive of any game I've ever played. If you like ARPGs this game is definitely worth trying even more so if you are also a marvel fan. Expand
  2. Jun 5, 2014
    I joined the game in January. I never played at the initial release. Since joining i have to say whilst the Devs have done a great job communicating and acting on feedback, Marvel Heroes is bogged down by what is it's biggest strength but also weakness. They have a weekly publish cycle and try to cram too much in resulting in bugs that shouldn't be there (and wind up staying even afterI joined the game in January. I never played at the initial release. Since joining i have to say whilst the Devs have done a great job communicating and acting on feedback, Marvel Heroes is bogged down by what is it's biggest strength but also weakness. They have a weekly publish cycle and try to cram too much in resulting in bugs that shouldn't be there (and wind up staying even after claims they've been fixed at times). Additionally, new content gets added that is simply not finished or fully implemented (Team Ups and their gear as an example), new heroes are added to the game but end up needing to be polished in the live environment after feedback offered regarding them on the Test Server is often ignored.

Recently the game has been balanced around a level 52 review baseline yet there are several heroes not at that baseline because they are yet to be reviewed and therefore perform poorly alongside their updated brethren. Outside of almost weekly events where loot and drop rates are tuned (server side) since joining i've found the game gradually become less rewarding for the time i put in> The awesome loot explosions that were there early on are a fleeting memory unless there one of the previously mentioned events on. The new Omega system is to me a disappointing system that forces one to spend hard earned points in choices they have no need or interest in to get to the good bits and several of the categories of the Omega system are not yet available due to either not being ready or being gated behind events to come.

However the game does have a (mostly) friendly and healthy community willing to help new comers, combat is quite enjoyable and for the most part is soloable for me even with my latency from playing from Australia. The store has a good offering of content to buy if you want to take that route,and about the only things you CAN'T get without spending a cent are stash space (very limited) and select costumes (which are purely cosmetic skins for certain heroes.

If you had asked me to write this review a month ago it'd probably have given the game an 8, but the direction it seems to be moving in is slowly sapping the fun of the game away for me. The game is good fun and definitely worth a look. But make sure you take a good hard look outside of loot (and drop rate) buffed events so you see the whole picture. Definitely also recommend making use of the forums as there is a lot of good info that will help.
  3. Aug 18, 2015
    I have 2519 hours logged into this game. The game is coming along but still suffers from bad coding and poor updates patches. I suspect by 2016 this will be a solid 8 and perhaps more. Free respecs jumps this game from a 6 to a 7 as it is user friendly and makes the complex systems(omega, team up, and hero powers) more palatable and tolerant of a power breaking.

Crafting is still poor

Crafting is still poor and cumbersome and needs a total retcon, inventory needs reworking, vendors also need some livening up for the effort that goes into maxing them out.
  4. Jun 5, 2014
    If you're a paying customer: 9/10
    If you're a strict F2P player: 7/10
    The game definitely improved by miles from launch a year ago, but it does still have some annoying flaws. It had the worst F2P system of any ARPG at launch, and the system got slightly better but still definitely the worst ARPG F2P system. You pick 1 free hero from a starter lineup of around 10-11 heroes. Only
    If you're a paying customer: 9/10
    If you're a strict F2P player: 7/10

You pick 1 free hero from a starter lineup of around 10-11 heroes. Only after you beat the normal mode story by level 25 will you get enough "Eternity Splinters" to get a 2nd free hero. But you have a limited selection of only the 200 splinter heroes or pick the random hero box. The random box can contain any hero including a duplicate of one you currently own.

You gain 1 eternity splinter for every 8 minutes of gameplay. It will take 23 hours of gameplay ( Actual gameplay of killing things not sitting in a hub afk ) but add in time spent afk in a hub or taking a bathroom break, you're looking at close to 30 hours before you will get another cheap hero or random box. Some heroes cost up to 600 splinters, so if you like spiderman and want to save up for him, you're looking at a 150 hour gameplay investment before you will be able to grab him using the F2P system in the game.

Stash space is very limited and must be purchased using cash. You cannot earn more then 1 general tab stash space without spending money period. The only exception to this is the current event this month that will give you a free stash tab, but you can only obtain it this week. Inventory is shared between all heroes which makes using different characters for "muleing" impossible.

Majority of your experience obtained in this game is via "orbs" that will drop from kills and quest completions. You must run over and pick up the orbs to gain the experience for your character. This quickly gets repititive and annoying. It also encourages mindless running around during combat to make sure you don't miss any. And if the orbs came from any non boss monster, the xp they give will start to get lower and lower the longer they sit on the ground ( The graphic will shrink ) which just makes the problem worse. Why they have a system like that is beyond me. This gets worse later when Odin marks and Omega points also drop as orbs and items on the ground which need to be picked up.

Leveling speed without boosts feels fine, 1 to 60 ( max level ) will take you a month if played very casually, otherwise roughly 2 weeks.

The Green / Red terminals while leveling are nice and feel fine. Cosmic terminals which are 60 only, definitely have a large difficulty jump but they do reward you well for doing them. Raids are pretty much for organized groups only. Pugging them in the current state is borderline impossible.

Overall the game isn't bad and it is fun. If you're willing to drop some money on the game you will definitely have a much better time then if you go the strict f2p route.

For F2P players: If you don't mind playing a single hero or two heroes for a VERY long time with the current starter lineup, then you will enjoy the game. It has alot of content now then it used to have.
  5. Sep 3, 2015
    Actually a fun game but the mechanics and content are awful...The devs only seem to care about bringin up new heroes and costumes to earn money instead of making new content which is dearly needed.

Furthermore the chance to get good loot for your hero is so small, even with boosts (which btw feel like a scam since they make you believe your chance to get rare items is increased by let's say 200% whereas this is just a number and only increases your actual chances by a very small amount)
  6. Mar 30, 2016
    Short Review, pros and cons version (last one was a bit to harsh)

+ If you are a Marvel comics fan you will love it. + Developers are best in the market at making heroes feel and play like in the comics. + You can unlock any hero just playing the game + Fun gameplay. Top notch voice acting, good music, graphics and sfx.. + Developers try hard to do their best. - Memory leaks, CPU
    Short Review, pros and cons version (last one was a bit to harsh)

+ If you are a Marvel comics fan you will love it.
    + You can unlock any hero just playing the game
    + Fun gameplay. Top notch voice acting, good music, graphics and sfx..
    + Developers try hard to do their best.

- Memory leaks, CPU problems, many bugs.
    - Loot drop rates are the worst in any arpg, maybe developers think that Korean grinding is a good idea.
    - Pay to win. Experience boosts, currency boosts etc. have a tremendous impact to your hero progression.
    - To many weirdos in forums like people posting transsexual images etc. The exact opposite are those who play the game, they are nice and friendly.
    - Overpriced item/costume shop

Despite its flaws (performance issues, pay to win boosts) this game is one of the best Marvel games since X-Men Legends / Ultimate Alliance.
  7. Mar 6, 2015
    The game is a bit of a cash grab. It's VERY low on content, and it is bound to grate on you once you have geared a couple characters. Still, give it a shot for free I guess. It cant hurt.
  8. Sep 3, 2015
    Here is my review after playing this game for 4 days.
    Not a game you will want to waste your time in. The game play itself is not bad but it still has a ton of issues that really drag the experience down making it mediocre at best and the community in this game is even worse.
    So i'll start with games problems. - UI is very distracting and takes up most your screen, since you can not
    Here is my review after playing this game for 4 days.
    So i'll start with games problems.
    - UI is very distracting and takes up most your screen, since you can not control the camera in this game it becomes a major annoyance especially in enemy crowded areas
    -Movement does not work properly, your character does not always attack and move the direction your pointing or it will bug and your character will not stop moving or will start dodging all over the place
    -The game gives you a massive overabundance of loot from everything and anything. This forces you to have to empty your inventory every couple minutes (and this is not exaggerated). The different tiers of gear mean nothing since you can get the best tier of gear very soon into the game and after that it is extremely easy to get (i've been using the highest tier gear since i hit lvl 12 without trying to even get any of it....). Looting in this game is basically no fun at all, getting new items does not have any excitement to it.
    -There is no difficulty. This game is as easy as it could possibly be. 1 shot everything. Kill bosses in 5 seconds. Run group content solo, kill those bosses in 10 seconds. It's a joke. The only difficulty you will find is if you run content 5-10 levels higher than the character you are using.
    -Acquiring heroes will take you forever, not only are they required, they will take you months at the very least to get unless you want to drop some $$ in the cash shop.
    -Navigating through the terrain is a pain, you get stuck on walls if you end up to close to them, some areas you have to walk perfectly or else you get stuck, if you dont have a character who can glide over obstacles then your going to have a really hard time.
    -Picking up loot (should have put this up higher on the list) is a chore. Not only do you have to pick up 20x items at a time, they overlap eachother so you have to pick everything up even if you just want the item at the bottom of the pile (means you have to toss items out of your inventory constantly) and if they drop near an npc or portal then good luck picking any of it up, the cursor will choose to talk to the npc or use the portal before it will let you choose to pick up an item
    -Game settings are originally set to the worst options available. You start with everything important being disabled while everything you dont / should need enabled. They even start you off by having some "beta" options enabled (which work like ****).
    -Mechanics on enemies are pretty bad. The way they make bosses / mobs "difficult" is by buffing their damage 1000% and then making their attacks unavoidable. You have to either spam health packs, fight the enemies while being overgeared, or kill everything in a few seconds. There is no skill to this game at all

Now lets talk about the community, since i have only been playing this game for a few days my opinion and what i witnessed could have just been a fluke. However with that said, this community is horrible.
    -Difficult for new players to get any help. A lot of people expect everyone to know everything, if not then go study the wiki till you have the game memorized.
    -Too much trolling, trolling can be fun and humorous but only in moderation. This community does not understand that however and trolls the chat 24/7 (and none of it is even funny, it all sounds like its coming from a 5 year old kid)
    -To many fanboys, the community literally seems to only consist of hardcore fanboys. If the chat isnt trolling its heated discussions of marvel comics and how DC is garbage. It gives an extremely awkward and uncomfortable feeling if your not a huge fan of the marvel franchise.

All in all, this game gets a generous 6. It is not worth your time investment unless your a hardcore marvel franchise fan, it seems that they are the only ones even playing this game. It had the potential to be great but the complete lack of difficulty, proper loot system, and screwy movement has ruined that.
  9. Jun 22, 2014
    TLDR; Average, buggy, laggy, carried by Marvel IP & fans & lack of strong competition in ARPG genre.

(Add sentence for formatting weirdness after edits) (Omg pls format) I have 431 hours on record on Steam, I do sometimes tab out and read the forums while logged in but most of that is active play. I'll try to explain the most glaring issues and say the main reason I play is

(Add sentence for formatting weirdness after edits)
    (Omg pls format)

I'll try to explain the most glaring issues and say the main reason I play is because my friend does & I love Xmen.

1) It has a lot of bugs.

Gazillion has years of content planned ahead of them & they become more focused by the day on rushing it out on *schedule* regardless of the consequences.

They post a new hero, or feature, on the Test Center, receive every bug report they need from their avid fans and testers, & fix a few of them before continuing on with the live release and a post in the respective forum asking for bug reports on the self-same thing, 99.9% of which are just repeats from TC forum.

A recent example that was whitewashed by them is that items dropping in the "Special Item Find" pool have been too low for multiple patch periods. For a staff that responds on the forums regularly, their silence on this was extremely disheartening. They said nothing about it, responded to no post about it, and then suddenly it was mentioned on a stream that it would be "fixed", nothing more, and then it shows up without pomp or circumstance in the middle of some other bug fixes in the last patch. "The drop rate of several items have been increased for enemies created post-launch, including things such retcons, unstable molecules and Fortune Cards." (Yes typo intact).
    Now I didn't play for a lot of months between release & this year, so I don't know exactly when this started, but it has been only since this year, so I don't know what post-launch has to do with anything but it certainly isn't an explanation as it was broken in old content as well as new.

It also suffers from the worst lag in any game I've tried.
    Some people have no problems with it, but a lot of people who have systems that should run anything on max settings can't play it smoothly, and anyone with a system closer to recommended specs can forget it.
    I didn't play for most of it's initial release period because the lag in every zone except for solo instances was so bad. They fixed it enough that when I tried again it was tolerable to good in most areas.
    Over time it seemed like each patch would screw with one area, like combat zones would be fine but it took 5 minutes to load into a hub with no FPS to speak of. Next patch hubs are much better but X-Defense is now the FPS dead zone.
    That changed over time to be every patch added more lag to everywhere.
    I can't keep playing much longer at this rate. I freeze constantly in Midtown Patrol and Holo-Sim & certain skills in a group of enemies drop fps if it hits enough of them.
    Lowering effects and graphics and whatnot sure makes your game look N64 bad, but it has next to no actual performance gain. You can tell by running near other people fighting that their combat stuff happening is still affecting you, and I can also tell that part of it is server related. Or if the difference between Live with nothing on being horrible and TC with almost everything on being perfectly playable doesn't prove server issues I don't know what does.

2) Lack of scripted &/or skill based encounters.

All content outside of the new raids basically focuses on loading the screen with trash(*) to the point where even if you could see most of the projectiles coming at you (which you really can't anyway) there is no intelligent or reflexive dodging capable of avoiding them in time; you simply have to get used to moving every 1-5 seconds based on damage intake.
    This has the added effect of punishing any power set built around long cast time/channeled powers.
    It also make projectile defense OP, & since some characters have 100% or more from powers or passives they are now having to add it into the weakest defense heroes to compensate. This is furthermore a stat that does *not* roll on random stat gear, it is only set on the fixed stat "Uniques" of some heroes.

Bosses have a few scripted moves, which they can spam at times un-intelligently & most of which are not telegraphed well or at all, as well as random affixes # of which is based on difficulty of the zone. All "cosmic" difficulty bosses have 3 affixes and cosmic orbs. Cosmic orbs spawn in sets of 2-3 on the ground & semi follow the boss around. They do a high amount of DoT & spend a lot of time under the bosses feet punishing melee power sets.

I'm way out of characters so I'll finish the last point quickly relating to 2 & 3. You can kill 125 trash to gain a bonus chest in cosmics but some which can clear boss can't even do this without dying a lot so they boss rush or just boss rush anyway for time efficiency.

3) (*)Trash (elites too) is nearly pointless because it has effectively no loot table and compared to ie D3 there is 100x more of it.
  10. Jul 14, 2014
    This game is one that I go back and forth with. I've played since the beta, when it was absolutely awful.

Now they've implemented more and improved the overall quality of the game, but the way they run the game is atrocious. The devs censor the community, they constantly make small (often unannounced) alterations to try and frustrate people into spending money, and major glitches created by past patches will go unattended for months and months. Not to mention the game has had a memory leak since launch they still haven't gotten around to fixing.

On the upside there's a lot of Marvel heroes and if you're a nerd like me you're gonna enjoy beating up bad guys as Gambit, Deadpool and many more. They also keep adding more characters, which is nice to break up the monotony. And hey, it's still better than D3.

With different people in charge this game could be so much more, but under the current regime they're gonna keep screwing the fans over. It's that kind of thing that makes people annoyed with F2P games, but it is what it is.
  11. Mar 31, 2015
    The strongest point of this game is definitely character pool. 40+ and counting, with classic D2 skill trees (though a bit simplified), they are simply the core of this game. As for surroundings, the industrial environment is cool (cities, metro tunnels etc), however the "natural" environments including snow and trees suck big time. Many different game modes like protecting Xaviers school,The strongest point of this game is definitely character pool. 40+ and counting, with classic D2 skill trees (though a bit simplified), they are simply the core of this game. As for surroundings, the industrial environment is cool (cities, metro tunnels etc), however the "natural" environments including snow and trees suck big time. Many different game modes like protecting Xaviers school, doing shield holo training, patrolling 2 huge zones or just running terminals (short versions of previous dungeons). Not to mention they added a Raid and second Raid is coming shortly. So lots of heroes lots of engame, why only 5? First, the game is buggy as hell with the tradition of new patch erasing some bugs and bringing new even more annoying ones into action. End if I say buggy, I mean it. I have never ever encountered a game with so many bugs as this one. The second is not good enough fusion of arpg and an mmo. Like lvling with friends was done very poorly (it's better to solo), fighting bosses with more players - you won't see the bosses because they're stupidly small and skill effects covers them completely. You'll be fighting a shining colorful cloud of other players powers... And one more thing, it says free to play, but you actually HAVE to buy inv space or else the game will be torture, nothing more. If you love marvel and arpgs try this game and add 3 points to my score and start downloading. Expand
  12. Aug 10, 2014
    A fun mashup between Diablo/Torhlight and the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Unfortunately the story mode is terribly boring and short, and there is very little content in the game past that, unless you want to grind for dozens of hours to get the bear gear... so you can grind some more.

It is "free" to play but if you're gonna play the game even remotely seriously, you'll spend at least $10 on bank slots since you share it between all of your characters, along with the inventory. You get to pick one $4.50 hero for free when you start the game, the game also has a bunch of $9 heroes and all the popular fun ones at $13.50 (Spider-man, Deadpool, etc). You can also buy the heroes in game with a droppable currency you find in game, but it'll take a *lot* of time. You can also buy different costumes for your heroes and those are also $4-$13.50 and are only visual upgrades, no way to buy them in game, only for cash. New heroes are added regularly but new levels, zones, missions etc are not.

The game doesn't run very well and the engine used (Unreal) is less than ideal for this type of game. The game is buggy and every new patch introduces another bug. The Developers are close w/ their community so there are a lot of AMAs (Ask Me Anything) and they have a few people that reply to the players in the forums and on the subreddit /r/marvelheroes. The community is very fanboyish and split between young kids and adults with nothing better to do than spend $100s of dollars in game and sink 100s of hours playing. Your experience may vary but generally speaking any kind of criticism in game about the game will be quickly drowned out and the official forums are heavily censored from what I hear. Overall the game is fun though, like a Marvel Action Figures Beat 'em up.
  13. Aug 4, 2014
    This game turned out to be a daily quests and raid mmo farming simulator wannabe.
    If you were looking at an action rpg diablo 2-like, avoid. Monkeys are leading the project, failing every time they stop listening to the user's base direction.
  14. Jun 16, 2014
    Marvel Heroes, has the potential to be a great game. It can be fun to play with established heroes, Most of the heroes currently have a different style from each other. Playing Emma Frost is different from playing Loki or Dr Strange or the Hulk. However the game has its faults.

It is leaning towards more and more homogenised play meaning the characters are losing their distinct unique feel. The loot table has been broken for months with no signs of improvement. Certain items have all but vanished from it. The new One-Shot is currently in a bad spot, the amount of time and effort required to finish it does not correspond with the loot given. Gazillion seems to react in a knee-jerk fashion when it spots something it considers wrong and frequently spoils the fun of many players in the process.

While the game is technically F2P it is made in a certain way that makes it very hard to play it for any long period without spending at least some money on it. Besides being a profitable business model for Gazillion it also allows them to hide behind the screen of "you don't have to pay money if you don't want to" But realize that you will spend many hours trying to organise your limited stash, and wondering why the other paying customers seem be having more fun than you are.

As a Marvel fan I have to give this game at least a 6. I do not know if I would play this game if I wasn't a die-hard comics fan though. To make this a good game regardless of the IP Gazillion would have to improve its loot and make the game a better co-op experience. That they haven't made better strides in this direction after a year is disappointing.
  15. Jun 17, 2014
    Fun in short bursts, but repetitive and often buggy. Character selection, while big on quantity, is downright bizarre: hugely skewed against female characters, lots of classic Marvel heroes missing (while Rob Liefeld's creations are well represented). New playable characters trickle out at about one a month. The limited story content gives way to an endless loot grind, with the new raidFun in short bursts, but repetitive and often buggy. Character selection, while big on quantity, is downright bizarre: hugely skewed against female characters, lots of classic Marvel heroes missing (while Rob Liefeld's creations are well represented). New playable characters trickle out at about one a month. The limited story content gives way to an endless loot grind, with the new raid feature requiring team coordination outside of the game (and solo players cut off from the climax of the storyline). PVP is a no-go unless you're willing to play the handful of favored characters. Expand
  16. Nov 27, 2014
    Not bad, but doesn't show the dynamic needed for a Marvel Game, it's free, but can't compare to other free games for the same type.
    The characters feel a bit too robotic, it lacks some physics too.
  17. Oct 10, 2014
    Because knowing is half the battle: This is the same Marvel Heroes that got terrible reviews a year ago. It was renamed after a year of patching to reboot the Metacritic score. In fairness, it is a much better game than it was a year ago. Being a better game, however, is not the same as being a good game.

Marvel Heroes is shiny looking, with some great interpretations of classic Marvel heroes, but utterly lacking in content. You can easily see everything this game to offer (aside from its single raid) in six hours or less, and from there on out, it's all repetition. What ruins Marvel Heroes 2015 is the people you are forced to deal with. The community is as cancerous as any F2P online game, and Gazillion, while charging wildly exorbitant fees for even the smallest bits of content, has such poor support and moderation that I am honestly surprised they have not been kicked off Steam. It's too bad. In the hands of a professional development team, this could be a great game. Unfortunately, all the development resources seem to go to creating new heroes and costumes to be sold in the store, and almost no effort is spent expanding the tiny amount of content those heroes can explore, once purchased. All in all, if you can spend hundreds of hours replaying six hours worth of content, can stand a community made up almost entirely of Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons (all of whom are in permanent white knight mode for their perfect and wonderful game), then I think you could enjoy your time with this willfully mediocre title.
  18. Jun 6, 2014
    While certainly not a bad game, Marvel Heroes 2015 adds in elements from other Action RPG games like Diablo into the Marvel Universe. This game does have a lot going for it, but also lacks a lot of substance overall. At the core of the game, it feels very much like any Diablo game but with Heroes and Villains from the Marvel Universe. Where the game differs is the direction in which theWhile certainly not a bad game, Marvel Heroes 2015 adds in elements from other Action RPG games like Diablo into the Marvel Universe. This game does have a lot going for it, but also lacks a lot of substance overall. At the core of the game, it feels very much like any Diablo game but with Heroes and Villains from the Marvel Universe. Where the game differs is the direction in which the game attempts to merge other genres together. Marvel Heroes 2015 should be classified as an MMOARPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Action Role Playing Game) because of how the game tries to meld a Diablo and WoW style game together. The end result is a lot of ambition from the developers and tons of design space, but that space isn't necessarily filled and a lot of the game's features seem to be lackluster or incomplete.

The game has been out for a year now, hence the change, and in a year there is no doubt it has come far. You will enjoy this game if you like Diablo, but personally I will be sticking with D3 for some time as the endgame content found here is an attempt at blinding the player from the repetitiveness that they are continuing to experience. With Raids being implemented, the endgame content will be a bit better, but I'm not sure that with the current structure in place for the stats that heroes will play a lot differently from one another. The skill trees are customizable to an extent, and will likely be expanded upon as the developers get around to it, but at the end of the day, many heroes play exactly the same.

What you should take away from this review is that the game is enjoyable, but limited in what it has to offer you. If you like grinding the same levels over and over and over again, this won't be a bad choice for you considering you get to use your favorite marvel characters (without paying a cent mind you), however a lot of the game's features come down to when, not if. This is a bonus considering that raids came in a somewhat timely manner, however if you are looking for a more complete experience, look elsewhere. If you want to enjoy a game for what its worth and to experience a breath of fresh air in the ARPG genre, go ahead and give this game a spin, just don't expect to stick with it for very long.
  19. Aug 1, 2014
    Marvel Heroes is basically Diablo set it in the Marvel Universe. The gameplay is fun and fast-paced. You really feel like a Superhero as you use powerful abilities and collect awesome items to deck out your hero.

The graphics are good, although extremely demanding for anything other than high-end systems. It is free-to-play. As such, it does include a large cash-shop that provides

It is free-to-play. As such, it does include a large cash-shop that provides all the heroes to paying players, plus boosts and various costumes. It takes a fair amount of time for free players to acquire new heroes and other benefits that can be bought in the cash-shop.

They have sales in their cash shop several times a year, but these are sometimes used as "bait and switch" tactics to get more money from players. This is one of my biggest problems with the game and one of the few reasons it does not deserve a higher score.

The game lacks a large amount of optimization. Other modern games with similar or better graphics and systems require considerably less resources to run at high Frames Per Second. This is slowly improving with each Patch, however.

The company developing Marvel Heroes is great for communicating with the community and their dedication to the game. They release a new patch every week that fixes bugs, improves optimization, adds new content, or other general improvements. This is usually a good thing, but sometimes it feels like they are trying to rush out new content instead of improving the core game.

I love this game for its fun gameplay and the Marvel Universe theme, but the occasional "cash grabs" and low optimization prevent it from receiving a higher score.

Overall, it is definitely worth checking out!
  20. Jun 15, 2014
    Not a bad game. As it is totally free to start the game, I'd recommend a try for any Marvel fan or ARPG enthusiast looking for a different setting. I have played 771 hours (according to Steam) since launch. The game has come a long way since launch. The constant changes are mostly for the good. I'm not a fan of constantly weakening characters following a release, but it's not my game. I'veNot a bad game. As it is totally free to start the game, I'd recommend a try for any Marvel fan or ARPG enthusiast looking for a different setting. I have played 771 hours (according to Steam) since launch. The game has come a long way since launch. The constant changes are mostly for the good. I'm not a fan of constantly weakening characters following a release, but it's not my game. I've spent a ton of money on this game, starting with the Founder's pack. It definitely follows the typical Free to Play model that I've come to despise in today's gaming world. Drop rates should not be such that Players feel the need to pay $10 dollars hourly to boost their chances by 600% percent. Again, things like drop rates change constantly from patch to patch, so it could get better.

It's a great game if you're into Marvel. I'm a die hard Marvel which is the reason I play this game. If a more complete game such as Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 ever releases, it would be welcome competition. As long as it was a legit game and not F2P.
  21. Jan 31, 2018
    Not bad but not good either. There is just something missing for me to keep playing this game.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 10 Critic Reviews

1. PC PowerPlay
    Aug 27, 2014
    A surprisingly solid ARPG featuring a litany of iconic superheroes. [Sept 2014, p.56]
  2. Aug 8, 2014
    A year later, Marvel Heroes is the game it wanted to be when it was released, and its ability to grow and change by acknowledging its problems and actively trying to solve them, is a testament to one of the best features of MMO.
  3. Aug 6, 2014
    From Wolverine to Spider-Man and Cable, all the heroes you wanted to be when you were a kid are made available, with more to come. As an added bonus, you can unlock all of them without ever paying anything, which makes for the best kind of free-to-play experience, where you never feel constrained to do anything, and any money you spend only translates into cosmetic or quality-of-life upgrades, without unbalancing the game in any way.