8.2

1. Jun 4, 2014
    TL; DR If you played the game early on and wrote it off (as I did), then take a chance on the bandwidth to try out the revitalized MH experience.

Review: I was invited to the open beta for this game, played for a couple weeks, and left. Was very disappointed in the initial experience. Especially my personally favorite hero, Hulk. Then I came back about 3 months ago, and what a

Review:

Then I came back about 3 months ago, and what a completely different experience. Between the new game modes (midtown Manhattan, X Defense), additional difficulty levels, variety of gameplay among the heroes, the 52 Reviews of existing heroes, it is a completely different experience. Not to mention the events that Gaz has! Between buffed loot drops, buy-one-get-one on costumes/heroes, etc, almost every week has something going on.

I can't emphasize how varied the heroes gameplay is. As soon as I get one to cap, I look forward to leveling another one.

Another huge difference they have now from launch is how easy it is to get heroes. Costumes and heroes were very overpriced (in my opinion) at launch. Now, they are much cheaper, and you can grind an in game currency to purchase them as well.

The only reason this is a 9 and not a 10: needs a bit more client optimization, and there's definitely some lag that occurs whenever too many heroes are on screen.
  2. Jun 5, 2014
    Not that I've been around for much of MH's development, but it is clear to me that Gazillion is a company that strives to make a quality game, despite their shaky beginnings. What I enjoy most about MH is the integration of both ARPG and MMO elements, and how Gaz has seamlessly blended the two into a game with highly compelling mechanics, and a rich social and multiplayer interface. TheNot that I've been around for much of MH's development, but it is clear to me that Gazillion is a company that strives to make a quality game, despite their shaky beginnings. What I enjoy most about MH is the integration of both ARPG and MMO elements, and how Gaz has seamlessly blended the two into a game with highly compelling mechanics, and a rich social and multiplayer interface. The regular, steady addition of content doesn't hurt either.

The game is not perfect, of course. Optimization remains muddled, as well as some ugly leftovers on the UI from the beginning of the game's development. However, this is a titanic undertaking for a new studio, and Gaz is doing quite well given their circumstances. Highly worth a play!
  3. Jun 5, 2014
    When I first played this game in beta I thought it was pretty boring, but in the year since then they have improved by leaps and bounds. There is so much stuff to do and heroes to play as, and they are constantly adding more. Looking forward to checking out the new raid and getting my Omega Points up! Get yourself a Squirrel Girl and go crazy throwing squirrels in villains faces.
  4. Jun 5, 2014
    Easily the best ARPG out there, with events and MMO elements being the icing on the cake. The free to play model is really generous too, nothing is locked behind a paywall except for some 100% cosmetic stuff.
    Everyone should atleast give it a try.
  5. Jun 6, 2014
    I started in beta and I flat out didn't like it. So many issues, characters were buggy and it looked like a cash grab. Fastforward to now and they're different games, with amazing characters, graphics, and voice over work.

The biggest draw is the dev team though. I've never experienced a more dedicated and hands on group of people in any MMO I've ever played. They engage the community, they listen to the community, and hell, sometimes they PLAY with the community. It isn't uncommon to see some of them watching streams on Twitch either. These guys live and breathe Marvel Heroes, and it shines through every single day.

With the addition of the Omega System (an alternate advancement system), new heroes every month, and the newly added Raids, there is no other game or company doing what these guys are doing.

If you played it before and didn't like it (like me, and many others) do yourself a favor and reinstall this game. You won't regret it
  6. Jun 4, 2014
    This game satisfies my desire for collecting items and wraps it in the always awesome Marvel wrapping.

Great characters, awesome events, and lots to do. My social life my suffer a bit from it, but it feels worth it at the moment!

Highly recommend.
  7. Jun 5, 2014
    The game was definitely rough when it first came out a year ago but the improvements since then have been amazing. The game is incredibly enjoyable and addictive to a degree I haven't seen since Diablo 2, and the company listens to its community like no other company I've ever seen. They have made numerous changes/upgrades to the game based on community feedback and will ask for inputThe game was definitely rough when it first came out a year ago but the improvements since then have been amazing. The game is incredibly enjoyable and addictive to a degree I haven't seen since Diablo 2, and the company listens to its community like no other company I've ever seen. They have made numerous changes/upgrades to the game based on community feedback and will ask for input regularly which is very smart and very refreshing. I will also mention that they've done a nice job of making almost everything attainable without spending any money ( if you put in the time to save up the in-game currency) and they give away an amazing amount of freebies. Overall a terrific game and terrific user experience. Expand
  8. Jun 5, 2014
    Had serious issues when it was first released, but a year on with a new coat of paint and a lot of attention, this has turned into a hell of a ARPG, it's fast paced.. varied and has that marvel comic book feel we all know and love, if you tried Marvel Heroes a year ago.. I implore you to try it again now, it's a different game and it is SO much better :)
  9. Jun 4, 2014
    Over 2,500 hours logged and the game get's better with every update which is almost every week and devs actually listen to feedback I guarantee if your a a fan of arpgs and marvel you will fall in love with this game
  10. Jun 4, 2014
    It would take a long time to go into all the things this game does right. The short of it is Marvel Heroes 2015 is the new 'season' of Marvel Heroes, which launched as a catastrophe of a game and somehow, against all odds, did a COMPLETE 180 turn into one of the most amazing MMOs, and hands down the most successful MMOARPG, in a long time. Tons of characters to choose from, tons of modes,It would take a long time to go into all the things this game does right. The short of it is Marvel Heroes 2015 is the new 'season' of Marvel Heroes, which launched as a catastrophe of a game and somehow, against all odds, did a COMPLETE 180 turn into one of the most amazing MMOs, and hands down the most successful MMOARPG, in a long time. Tons of characters to choose from, tons of modes, absolutely beautiful and intense graphics and battles, new features and constant updates, and the most interactive and transparent dev team I've ever known. Hands down, also one of the best, if not the best, F2P styles ever, with all but Storage space earnable in-game (and even in this, you are still given 3 stash tabs, Team-up inventory and your own inventory for free!).

I honestly don't know how Gazillion does it. They've hired some real gems to run this game and it shows. It makes sense that one of the best game development teams out there could make one of the best games. 3,000 hours and counting. Viva la Marvel Heroes!
  11. Jun 5, 2014
    I picked this game up a month ago and I'm very impressed. It has the gameplay of an ARPG, but the quests and longer term progression that is more like an MMO. The result is something that's fun to actually play, can be played in small blocks of time, but at the same time has that long term advancement that makes MMOs so addictive. There's a good variety of gameplay from solo questing,I picked this game up a month ago and I'm very impressed. It has the gameplay of an ARPG, but the quests and longer term progression that is more like an MMO. The result is something that's fun to actually play, can be played in small blocks of time, but at the same time has that long term advancement that makes MMOs so addictive. There's a good variety of gameplay from solo questing, group events, open world fighting, PVP, and now raids. The background is well done and the characters are diverse and interesting. The devs are also highly involved and enthusiastic. Sometimes you see devs and wonder if they've ever played the game. These guys "get it."

It also has that impossible to define fun factor. I look forward to playing and there always seems to be something to do. In the last year, there have been three games (FFXIV, D3, MH) that have turned themselves around 180 and gone from poor or mediocre to good or great. Of them, MH is almost certainly the best.

This is a free to play game with a cash shop, but spending money is almost entirely optional. The big pay items are heroes, costumes, and storage. The only real "gameplay" element that most people will want to spend money on is storage. Costumes are very rare drops, but completely cosmetic. Heroes come at a very regular pace. By the time you've leveled one to 60, you will almost certainly have enough shards to buy another.
  12. Jun 4, 2014
    The Devs have made great progress with this game and I'm enjoying myself with multiple heroes. They've recently added an alternate advancement mode and now has a raid.
  13. Jun 4, 2014
    This Game is Flat out amazing. The best Arpg i have ever played now with all the new content and updates.
    with all the new gameplay systems and now RAIDS, this game is seriously addicting.
  14. Jun 4, 2014
    Best free to play game since league of legends. Don't have to spend any money to keep up with other players. Way more fun than diablo 3 and consistent content updates.I play many games, and sometimes get bored of this one, but I always end up coming back to it.
  15. Jun 5, 2014
    Well over 1500 hours into this game, I just cannot get enough. I was an original UP purchaser and I have to say I am not disapointed at all. The development process has been great! The game started a bit smooth but the devs listen and fix issues, buff what needs it, give great weekend events and incentives to play, honestly this is probably one of my favorite games still after a year.Well over 1500 hours into this game, I just cannot get enough. I was an original UP purchaser and I have to say I am not disapointed at all. The development process has been great! The game started a bit smooth but the devs listen and fix issues, buff what needs it, give great weekend events and incentives to play, honestly this is probably one of my favorite games still after a year. Great Job Gaz, I had my initial doubts from the rock launch but this game deserves all the praise it gets and more. Expand
  16. Jun 4, 2014
    The original release of this game wasn't great, so the developers listened to the community and turned everything around in the game. Since that time, the game has become amazing and fun. One of the better communities I have encountered in a MMO, partially due to how often the developers are involved. A new hero released every month adds variety. Glad there are 2 ways to get the heroes,The original release of this game wasn't great, so the developers listened to the community and turned everything around in the game. Since that time, the game has become amazing and fun. One of the better communities I have encountered in a MMO, partially due to how often the developers are involved. A new hero released every month adds variety. Glad there are 2 ways to get the heroes, either via an ingame currency (that isn't too hard/time consuming to get) or via cash shop. If you tried this game before and were disappointed, try it again, this is a whole new game. Expand
  17. Jun 4, 2014
    There are only two things that keep me from giving this game a ten. First, the respecing (reallocating skill points) system in the game is horrible. You should be able to freely respec your hero in a hub. Second, the pvp has been in beta for a while with what seems like little development. Those two things aside the game is amazing and offers more than any other game of its type. WithThere are only two things that keep me from giving this game a ten. First, the respecing (reallocating skill points) system in the game is horrible. You should be able to freely respec your hero in a hub. Second, the pvp has been in beta for a while with what seems like little development. Those two things aside the game is amazing and offers more than any other game of its type. With content constantly being released and new heroes released monthly, there is no shortage of things to do. If you are an arpg fan you need to at least give the game a try. Expand
  18. Jun 4, 2014
    Marvel Heroes is what Diablo 3 could have been. The game has come a long, long way the past year, and is constantly being added to. The Developers not only read the forums and their private messages, but they also respond to ideas/critiques/issues/pm's. Far and away the best development team in any game I've ever played.

Here's to another year of Marvel Heroes.
  19. Jun 4, 2014
    Coming up on 1000 hours of game time. This game was not in good shape when it started i will admit this. But as the time went and fans stuck with it and the devs showed love it showed it's diamond in the rough. After a few months of changes and addition i could tell this game would be special. It deserves it's time in the lime light. Perfect blend of ARPG game play, MMO atmosphere, andComing up on 1000 hours of game time. This game was not in good shape when it started i will admit this. But as the time went and fans stuck with it and the devs showed love it showed it's diamond in the rough. After a few months of changes and addition i could tell this game would be special. It deserves it's time in the lime light. Perfect blend of ARPG game play, MMO atmosphere, and amazing Universe in Marvel. If you are a Marvel fan this is a MUST play. If you are an ARPG fan this is a MUST play, if you are just a video game fan through and through.. THIS... IS..... A..... MUST..... PLAY.

Come join us for another year of awesomeness. Watch as the game grows to new heights, and watch the Devs do what they do best. You will be blown away by the way Gazillion games works with there fan base it is amazing,

I love this game and don't regret a single penny i have spent on it. Now back to getting to my 1000 hour mark.

Cheers
  20. Jun 4, 2014
    This game has improved immensely.
    Utter garbage at launch, ARPG gem today, also the fact that it has really cool Marvel characters makes it even better.
  21. Jun 4, 2014
    Coming up on 600 hours on the steam client. This game has kept me and a couple close friends entertained on many nights/weekends.
    I have earned 2/3 of all heroes in the game just from playing and saving up in-game currency. I have played a half dozen to 60, and another half dozen to 20-30. The characters are all quite different and there is something for everyone. With all the additions since release this game is hard not to give a great score.
  22. Jun 4, 2014
    Gazillion has done a very impressive job fixing what made the original launch of this game so poor. The community managers are in pretty constant communication with the fans, the game has scaled in content both laterally and vertically, and older heroes are being rechecked and retuned to be competitive with newer heroes.
  23. Jun 5, 2014
    I give it a 9 just cause I can't say the game is perfect yet, it has improved greatly since its launch one year ago. But still lacks optimization and the minimun system requeriments they stated aren't quite enough to play a big part of the content. Besides that the game is fun and awesome, f2p and really far from ever becoming p2w totally worth a try :)
  24. Jun 5, 2014
    It was a bumpy road for Marvel Heroes to get where it is today, but I'm absolutely thrilled i stuck around for the ride. Everything I could possibly want from this type of game and they are constantly adding new content and heroes. Every time I try to take a break I find myself sucked back in within a week.

Overall awesome game, and I can't wait to see it get even better!!!
  25. Jun 4, 2014
    Where to start. This game has done a complete 180 from where it started. Everything with the exception of storage space can be gotten in game with effort. Heroes,Costumes,everything can be gotten with in game work. There are a ton of ways to go about leveling too!
  26. Jun 4, 2014
    The game is Simply amazing... Though some bad reviews are still around which are based on its launch BUT the game is nothing like its earlier stages... You can say it had an Complete Redesign in almost everything... The more You play the more you will love it... Has a great community and The only game where I see Devs interacting with everyone and listening too like REALLY listening to theThe game is Simply amazing... Though some bad reviews are still around which are based on its launch BUT the game is nothing like its earlier stages... You can say it had an Complete Redesign in almost everything... The more You play the more you will love it... Has a great community and The only game where I see Devs interacting with everyone and listening too like REALLY listening to the feedback.. :D Expand
  27. Jun 4, 2014
    Marvel Heroes was not very good when it launched. Even the devs agree it should have launched in "beta". THIS, however, is the game we've all been wanting. As Marvel Heroes celebrates its 1 year anniversary, it renamed itself "Marvel Heroes 2015" and... IT. IS. AWESOME! This game is everything Diablo 3 should have been with the added bonus of being Marvel Universe characters. Hulk,Marvel Heroes was not very good when it launched. Even the devs agree it should have launched in "beta". THIS, however, is the game we've all been wanting. As Marvel Heroes celebrates its 1 year anniversary, it renamed itself "Marvel Heroes 2015" and... IT. IS. AWESOME! This game is everything Diablo 3 should have been with the added bonus of being Marvel Universe characters. Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain America, the Fantastic Four (Mr. Fantastic has not yet been released, but he is coming soon), numerous X-Men (Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, just to name a few) and a whole host of others mean that you will, undoubtedly, find someone you love to play. Each hero acts as its own unique "class", and truly, no two heroes play exactly the same. Sure there are archetypes - your "ranged nuker" or "melee bruiser" and so forth, but even within these archetypes, characters don't feel the same. Thing does not play like Colossus, even though they are both heavy hitters, for example.

The most impressive thing about this game, however, is the development community. The devs for this game are more active and hands-on with the community than any developers for a game I have ever seen in my life. It's not uncommon for a dev to give you a personal response on the official forums. They constantly tease us with upcoming releases and sneak-peaks. They respond to our ideas and thoughts. And they play the game themselves, which means they actually care.

New content, in some way or form, is released nearly every week. Either a new character, a new feature, a new costume, or something else entirely. Additionally, the devs put on near constant special events. Either zone buffs, or boss (and loot) buffs, daily login gifts, etc. I don't think we've had a weekend without an event going on since like February. It's glorious.

Marvel Heroes got off to a rocky start one year ago, but everything has changed, and this game is amazing now. Absolutely worth playing. Oh, and the whole "free-to-play" thing...don't be concerned. It's not one of those "free-to-play but..." games which blocks you with a pay-wall every 30 seconds. You can unlock every single hero in the game by just playing the game. The only thing you really "need" to spend money on is storage space if you happen to be a dirty gear hoarder like I am. Otherwise, you can achieve everything you want without spending a dime (although personally, I think once you realize how great this game is, you'll want to reward Gazillion...I sure felt that way!)

Go play Marvel Heroes 2015 right now! You will not regret it.
  28. Jun 4, 2014
    Everything you've ever loved about the Marvel Universe, Action RPG's, MMO's, and the classic 90's arcade beat 'em up games is all right here. Outstanding new content added every week. Developers that share your passion for all of the above are behind it all.

Go play this now!
  29. Jun 5, 2014
    This game is awesome! Just imagine having a Action RPG, with OVER 30 totally different classes each with there own powers and unique skill set, and then each of those +30 character class's has multiple trees and multiple ways to play each class (some melee/ranged) Oh wait its already a reality, just go and play the game its FREE!!!!!!!!!
  30. Jun 4, 2014
    This game has only gotten better. It was a rough start but they have and do listen to the players. The developers always respond to forum posts and drop teasers often. There is a very good variety of heroes with plenty of costumes. There is also a very fair system for acquiring new heroes with splinters. Eternity Splinters drop every 6-8 minutes or so and can be saved for a random hero boxThis game has only gotten better. It was a rough start but they have and do listen to the players. The developers always respond to forum posts and drop teasers often. There is a very good variety of heroes with plenty of costumes. There is also a very fair system for acquiring new heroes with splinters. Eternity Splinters drop every 6-8 minutes or so and can be saved for a random hero box at 175 or even more if you want a specific hero. With the new raid content and upcoming achievement system there is plenty to do. Expand
  31. Jun 4, 2014
    Much improved over the original "Marvel Heroes" launch a year ago. Gaz would have to be the best, hardest working devs I've come across. There is always new features, content and characters being launched and they are very active within the community receiving and responding to feedback.
    If the game can change to much in just 12 months I cant wait to see what Marvel Heroes 2016, 2017 and beyond will be like.
  32. Jun 4, 2014
    For a free to play game, nothing comes close expect maybe Path of Exile.

The item hunt, the combat, the selection of characters, all the end-game content, will keep you coming back again and again. With constant updates and patches, the game will remain fresh for years to come. This game certainly deserves more recognition for the place it has got to from where MH was before.
  33. Jun 6, 2014
    Marvel Heroes has gone through many changes since it first released back in June 2013. Now a year later, the game is better than ever and the developers show no signs of slowing down. There are a multitude of heroes to choose from, each with their own playstyles and flavorful abilities. The end game has been expanded greatly due to the introduction of Prestiges, Hero Synergies, and theMarvel Heroes has gone through many changes since it first released back in June 2013. Now a year later, the game is better than ever and the developers show no signs of slowing down. There are a multitude of heroes to choose from, each with their own playstyles and flavorful abilities. The end game has been expanded greatly due to the introduction of Prestiges, Hero Synergies, and the newly launched Omega System. Now, every experience point you earn, either at level one or at max level, now progresses your overall account in a meaningful way. I have 25 Heroes unlocked so far and over 800 hours of play time with no signs of stopping. This game warrants a second look, especially if you are a comic book or ARPG fan. For those players who don't want to spend any money, be forewarned. There is a LOT of grinding required in order to play for free. There is a decent selection of free starter heroes, but most of the heroes require hours upon hours to unlock. If you find the gameplay enjoyable, the process of unlocking new heroes wouldn't seem too tedious. My recommendation if you like the game is to buy one hero you wouldn't mind grinding with to unlock the rest. Expand
  34. Jun 5, 2014
    Simply this game is damn fun. When I started the game I was forced to run bootcamp, by the time you read this there will likely be a Mac client, and had no qualms of loading up bootcamp just to play this game. It is Diablo meets Marvel meets fun. You can hop into the game and play without any investment and do pretty well. I've spent less than 40 dollars total on the game and have a largeSimply this game is damn fun. When I started the game I was forced to run bootcamp, by the time you read this there will likely be a Mac client, and had no qualms of loading up bootcamp just to play this game. It is Diablo meets Marvel meets fun. You can hop into the game and play without any investment and do pretty well. I've spent less than 40 dollars total on the game and have a large number of heroes.

Honestly, this game is worth checking out just because it is free. If you like ARPGs, Marvel, or having fun check this out.
  35. Jun 4, 2014
    This game just fills my action game need for a completely free price. It doesn't require a penny to beat this immense content, with raids, paragon type leveling system at max level, legendary questing. Expansions are free which is what this is. The devs play right along side you, hell you mention there name and they'll respond to you. This free expansion and this entire year has broughtThis game just fills my action game need for a completely free price. It doesn't require a penny to beat this immense content, with raids, paragon type leveling system at max level, legendary questing. Expansions are free which is what this is. The devs play right along side you, hell you mention there name and they'll respond to you. This free expansion and this entire year has brought this game to a triple A status. In 1 year they were able to do so much to the game. I can't wait for the future Expand
  36. Jun 4, 2014
    I played and quit marvel heroes at launch. I came back 4 months ago to a brand new and AMAZING game. Marvel Heroes 2015 is even better than that. So much to do that it is almost impossible to become bored. Even if you hated Marvel Heroes at release, you risk nothing to try it again. You won;t be disappointed, especially if you have been wasting your gaming time on D3.
  37. Jun 5, 2014
    Awesome game right now, very different from what it was at launch. The best ARPG/MMO in the market right now, from the creator of Diablo 1 and 2, it's what Diablo 3 could only dream to be.

With 800+ hours played since the beginning of the year, I couldn't recommend more any other game. This game has so many things and so much more to come that I can't write everything here, so go

This game has so many things and so much more to come that I can't write everything here, so go play and check it for yourself!
  38. Jun 4, 2014
    It's amazing how much work was put into this game the last year. I don't see myself playing anything else for the upcoming years. And Silver Surfer is coming next week!!!!
  39. May 8, 2016
    Love the huge amount of playable heroes, spent some time with end game raiding (20+ hrs). This is gonna be my all time favourite game for very long time. Even if I quit playing it actively, I return to it sometimes after a couple months break because it's just a great time waster and entertaining. Although graphics seems to be a bit outdated by now (as of writing this in may 2016) butLove the huge amount of playable heroes, spent some time with end game raiding (20+ hrs). This is gonna be my all time favourite game for very long time. Even if I quit playing it actively, I return to it sometimes after a couple months break because it's just a great time waster and entertaining. Although graphics seems to be a bit outdated by now (as of writing this in may 2016) but still love it ;) Expand
  40. May 4, 2016
    Heroes? Marvel? Yes...
    I speak for the German Community, and for an ARPG it is the best I´ve ever experienced, respecting mulitplayer.
    Minor flaws, ok, bearable.
    Real Money only needed for storage.
    Nice, a good A-
  41. Feb 21, 2016
    Marvel Heroes 2015 is quite a different game now than what I had remembered. After my initial impressions were somewhat lukewarm its clear that the game has received considerable polish. The core mechanics are still there. The game's DNA is evident. Developed by creator of Diablo David Brevik; you can't help but notice the influence. Its also interesting that like Diablo 3's launch? MarvelMarvel Heroes 2015 is quite a different game now than what I had remembered. After my initial impressions were somewhat lukewarm its clear that the game has received considerable polish. The core mechanics are still there. The game's DNA is evident. Developed by creator of Diablo David Brevik; you can't help but notice the influence. Its also interesting that like Diablo 3's launch? Marvel Heroes had quite a rocky launch itself back in 2013. Player feedback of issues like limited content, hero tokens, and in game store prices was largely brushed aside.

The devs began to take the feedback to heart opening up communication with its players in forums, etc. The results are evident. The character models and environments are nicely detailed. The heroes are voice acted and animated nicely. Its also fun to hear your character make a quip about another player's chosen hero. Speaking of the voice acting...there is some high profile voice talent to be had. David Hayter of Metal Gear Solid fame voices the Winter Soldier. (Approrpiate right?).

The game's story is broken into chapters with some very well done animated cutscenes with characters like J. Jonah Jameson and Nick Fury. Your hero's abilities are earned as you level up. Leveling up provides you skill points that you can distribute in any of the three trees as you see fit. This kind of character building is immediately familiar if you are a fan of D1 or D2. Loot drops frequently never letting you feel undergeared. Gear is color coded as you might expect. Blue and green are uncommon and common respectively; while purple and yellow are higher. Yellow items are what are called cosmic items which are often of better quality/value. You can equip anything from medals, artifacts, and gear on your character to provide stat boosts and bonus effects. However it is a bit disappointing that this gear doesn't actually show on your character. But I expect this was to make things feel cohesive. The gear that you can't use or don't need can be sold or 'donated' to a crafter to increase his level. Increasing his level allows you to craft some great gear.

Eternity splinters now drop off of enemies. These splinters can then be used to buy heroes and costumes in the in game store. However I feel that the drop rates in general for splinters and costume's are incredibly low. This of course is likely to encourage you to spend money in the cash shop. Before I might not have but I have since bought two heroes because I found this reimagining to be far more enjoyable. But they do offer some login bonuses from time to time. As of writing this tomorrow they are offering 400 splinters for logging in which is enough to purchase one of the heroes or a skin. Granted not one of the more popular characters as they tend to be priced a bit higher. If you are a fan of Marvel or even Action RPG's like Diablo? Give the game a shot.
  42. Jun 5, 2014
    I want to start by saying I love this game and that I feel the 'developer's' deserve a 10/10 since the release of the game because of their willingness to make the game better and listen to the community but we're reviewing the game itself so I feel a rating of 8 gives it justice. Yes, the game is astronomically better than when it first released but it still has plenty of problems albeitI want to start by saying I love this game and that I feel the 'developer's' deserve a 10/10 since the release of the game because of their willingness to make the game better and listen to the community but we're reviewing the game itself so I feel a rating of 8 gives it justice. Yes, the game is astronomically better than when it first released but it still has plenty of problems albeit smaller issues for the most part (performance being a bigger issue). I have 323 hours in the game and I've spent at least $300 on the game (no you don't have to spend this much and no it's not pay to win) which is more than I've spent on any game other than my years playing paid MMOs. The game's certainly worth trying now especially if you tried at launch and disliked it. Take many of these 10/10 reviews with a grain of salt because while the game is great now, it's still not perfect. Expand
  43. Jun 7, 2014
    Enjoyed this game at release but since the big update and 2015 tag the game has changed. For a F2P game you won't find a better option. I recently bought a gaming laptop and it's optimised so well with zero frame rate drops even in crowded areas. Grab it and give the game a go.
  44. Jun 6, 2014
    No one can deny this game launched to a bit of a rocky start, but the development team has made strides and improved every single facet of the game since then. They listened to player feedback and shown a great willingness to interact with the fans, exceeding expectations after the initial product was quite underwhelming. For those of us who stuck with it and saw the inherent potential,No one can deny this game launched to a bit of a rocky start, but the development team has made strides and improved every single facet of the game since then. They listened to player feedback and shown a great willingness to interact with the fans, exceeding expectations after the initial product was quite underwhelming. For those of us who stuck with it and saw the inherent potential, there has been a substantial payoff and the game is easily the best it has ever been.

Are there still flaws? Of course. But many of the bugs and issues are constantly being corrected by the dev team and I don't believe any feedback directed at them goes unheard. Most importantly, this game offers some freshness that hasn't been seen before in the ARPG genre and gives you a variety of gameplay option rather than forcing you to spend all your time on story, for example. The community itself is also pretty great the vast majority of the time and you'll typically encounter people that are helpful and generous. Sure, there are a few elitists and so on, but just ignore them and your experience won't be affected much.

Best of all, you can truly play free and there is no cap on progression or power if you don't spend money. I know this is important to players and rest assured there is no legitimate "pay-to-win" feature here. You can earn every hero just by playing and putting in the effort. On the other hand, costumes are such a rare drop they might as well not be one. Be prepared to dish out some dough if you want to sport some fancy new Iron Man armor or the black Spidey suit. Cosmetic items are their moneymakers, and are somewhat overpriced. Still, optional content is just that: optional. It has no impact on gameplay.

in summary: If you're an ARPG connoisseur or just a Marvel fanatic, there is a lot to like about this game, especially now compared to a year ago. I can't guarantee that you'll love it, but I can promise that the playable hero diversity and choices at your disposal will likely pique your interest and give you the urge to play more, see more, and earn more. The free-to-play aspect will get you started and, with any luck, the regular, frequent content updates will keep you playing for months upon months to come.
  45. Jun 5, 2014
    Marvel Heroes is not without its faults. The Random nature of the f2p model is more than a bit annoying, the game is easy and Gaz seems more eager to push things out than to balance and make sure they work properly.

That said, the game is way too much fun. It's a big, dumb, meaty aRPG with one of the most popular licences in the world and full of character. Some heroes at the moment

Some heroes at the moment need an update, but they're getting to it. In one year the game has gone for complete **** to completely impossible to put down. Imagine, one year from now?
  46. Jun 5, 2014
    With over 1,100 hours logged, I think it's a GREAT game. I've been playing it since the start and it has come a long way! If you like action Rpg's or Marvel give it a try and get hooked into a great game! It's one of the best F2P out there and it's not pay to win. Marvel Heroes has events all the time too. TRY THIS GAME or TRY IT AGAIN!
  47. Jun 5, 2014
    Not sure why people are giving zeroes to 'even things out' I'd give this game a solid 8.5(gave a ten to 'even things out'), it's really fun with tons of gamemodes/itemization. If you like ARPGs you'll really enjoy this game, and if you're a Marvel fan, you'll LOVE this game. I've been playing since Beta release, and have around 700 hours, highly recommended, I can't stop playing. The devsNot sure why people are giving zeroes to 'even things out' I'd give this game a solid 8.5(gave a ten to 'even things out'), it's really fun with tons of gamemodes/itemization. If you like ARPGs you'll really enjoy this game, and if you're a Marvel fan, you'll LOVE this game. I've been playing since Beta release, and have around 700 hours, highly recommended, I can't stop playing. The devs are also VERY active and post everyday, you can even personally PM them. Over all I could see some improvements with more endgame gear and possibly a new gamemode, check this game out for sure! Expand
  48. Jun 5, 2014
    The re-branding to MH2015 and a reset on reviews is appropriate. This is a different game in a lot of ways and it has come a long way from release. Much more content, improvements on every front, characters are over time being completely redesigned with the '52 Reviews' to get a rework of their powers and often more of them. There's lots of variety in the cast and new free content isThe re-branding to MH2015 and a reset on reviews is appropriate. This is a different game in a lot of ways and it has come a long way from release. Much more content, improvements on every front, characters are over time being completely redesigned with the '52 Reviews' to get a rework of their powers and often more of them. There's lots of variety in the cast and new free content is always on the way in the form of characters, items, and missions/zones. The most recent patch, that updated the game to 2015, includes sweeping changes for almost everything. Big new features here are the game's first 10-person Raid, Shared Quests and the Omega system, which is the game's Alternate Advancement system.

I'm giving it an 8 since the game still has issues. The UI could use work, it's clunky in places and takes external modification of ini files to use more than one skill bar effectively, for example. Constant fast-paced content pushes means bugs, generally harmless silly ones but sometimes something ridiculous does go through to live. Performance could use some better optimization. Last major issue is that although many characters have gotten reviews a handful are still in need of them and while some of the characters without their review are still strong, they are typically boring to play with their limited options. This is getting worked on though, it'll just take time to get to everyone.

All in all, for a free to play game, it's quite nice. If you haven't given the game a chance since a year ago, it's certainly worth a second look now.
  49. Jun 6, 2014
    If you stepped away from this game for an extended period of time you will be welcomed back with tons of new content, features and heroes. This game is only getting better. In it's current state (which is awesome) it is easily my favorite game to play. I can't wait to see what they do next. You must give this game a try.
  50. Jun 6, 2014
    Over 600h of gameplay since the early closed beta, this game is simply awesome, the best arpg at the moment, a lot of heroes, thousant of items and build, mmo features like raid never seen before in an arpg, best end game ever.
    If you like this genre you have to play Marvel Heroes because is great!
    If you like this genre you have to play Marvel Heroes because is great!
    From the initial relase one year ago the game is now solid and lot of feature are added every months
  51. Jun 5, 2014
    Indulges every pleasure that an action RPG has to offer with the perks of being completely free to play. It's initial release as most games had a rough start, but now has been revamped. The game offers several varieties of play including raids and pvp, while not forcing players to purchase anything, but instead are given the 'option' if they so desire. The company Gazillion EntertainmentIndulges every pleasure that an action RPG has to offer with the perks of being completely free to play. It's initial release as most games had a rough start, but now has been revamped. The game offers several varieties of play including raids and pvp, while not forcing players to purchase anything, but instead are given the 'option' if they so desire. The company Gazillion Entertainment updates the game frequently and unlike most companies values the opinions of their players. If you like action RPGs at all, I would recommend giving Marvel Heroes a try, it does a great job at addressing all the factors that make an action RPG separate to that of other RPG genres. Expand
  52. Jun 5, 2014
    This game has come along way since its initial release. Its a complete turn around with updates and new things added weekly. A total blast to casually kill an hour of free time or dive deeper into a full day of gaming.
  53. CDW
    Jun 5, 2014
    Marvel Heroes 2015 is the rebranding of Marvel Heroes on its one year anniversary. In one year, the game has added over 10 heroes, a wide assortment of costumes (some with their own voice acting), a chapter to the game's story, a raid, a PVP system, and countless endgame treadmills to keep people playing.

The devs actually care about the game and are constantly updating it. Yes, they do some dumb stuff along the way, but they are a young company, and it's better to me than the slow-paced delivery of content made famous by Blizzard.

Give the game a try for FREE, and watch it evolve (or mutate if you're into that).
  54. Jun 5, 2014
    I have played this game since launch with a brief 1 month hiatus early on. To say the game has improved since launch is probably the greatest understatement in a long time. The game truly deserves a new look as it is not the same game. I would also like to mention that many other community based games I've played pale in comparison compared to the DEVs at Gazillion. They are the mostI have played this game since launch with a brief 1 month hiatus early on. To say the game has improved since launch is probably the greatest understatement in a long time. The game truly deserves a new look as it is not the same game. I would also like to mention that many other community based games I've played pale in comparison compared to the DEVs at Gazillion. They are the most interactive DEV group I've ever been exposed to. Absolutely great community, come check it out. Expand
  55. Jun 4, 2014
    I love playing this game and now, after the 2015 patch, its just awesome! They have many cool heroes, playstyles, playing systems and many more awesome things! Just love it!
  56. Jun 4, 2014
    Excellent game. I loved D2 and have tried to find a game to replace it for the past several years. I was a bit skeptical of this game initially because I know very little about Marvel comics or comics in general and thought it was a pretty cheesy idea. I was wrong. This game definitely scratches the D2 itch I have had for so long and surpasses it in many (not all) ways. The dev team isExcellent game. I loved D2 and have tried to find a game to replace it for the past several years. I was a bit skeptical of this game initially because I know very little about Marvel comics or comics in general and thought it was a pretty cheesy idea. I was wrong. This game definitely scratches the D2 itch I have had for so long and surpasses it in many (not all) ways. The dev team is amazing and the speed at which this game has evolved is just insane. They even gave out an SoJ to everyone for the anniversary!!!
    If you have 1000+ hours of your life to burn, give it a shot.
  57. Jun 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I started playing this game in the beta and played it for quite a while but eventually got bored with it. At the release there were quite a lot of problems with this game and not enough content especially at later levels(it probable would have been smarter to release it as open beta since that's kind of what it was). However the marvel heroes staff is one of the most active I've ever seen during that time, lots of posts and updates. However after a while I got bored and quit the game and went to play D3 and GW2.

Recently I picked this game up again and it's a completely different game from the release, none of the bad things that made this game were boring were still in it. Ever since I picked this game up I haven't played a minute of D3 anymore. There are still quite a few things MH can improve upon though however most updates will take time which is understandable.

The most positive things are still the regular updates this game is getting and the marvel atmosphere that is very well executed. Also none of the hero's feel boring to play and each different hero has distinct things about them that make them feel very different from the other hero's. For me that means it's very hard to point out a main character since all of them can be fun to play.

The storyline is well executed in my opinion as well and with the introduction of raids now there's plenty of content to enjoy. There's also enough variation in viable builds and customization with the omega system and Hero Synergy bonuses.

Further of all this game is completely free to play and the only useful thing that you can't really get for free is stash space which is completely fine by me. All hero's can be earned by just playing the game so if you don't want to spend money you can still have plenty of fun.

Costumes still cost quite a bit but they're cosmetic and in all fairness I don't think the price is that bad on a lot of them, there's cheap and more expensive costumes so if you really want to have your hero look a different there's plenty of options.

There are however still quite a few hero's that need a lvl 52 rework but this will take time and won't happen overnight and the hero's even in their old state are quite balanced compared to others.
    One thing I do hope to see improved is the pvp system as I really don't like this to much. Also I hope that in the future more one shots and terminals will be released to give even more variation but I'm quite sure that this will happen somewhere in the future.

Now this game is by no means perfect, but it's still a good game overall.
  58. Jun 5, 2014
    Having been looking for an alternative to Diablo 2 for a very long time, Marvel Heroes is the first game since that I've really enjoyed.

Started a little over a month ago, and now I've already put in 116 hours total according to Steam. Pros: Many different heroes to play as, all who feel completely different, with many more on the way, Lots of different enemy types and bosses

Pros:

Lots of different enemy types and bosses
    Pretty good Loot system
    Generally fun Diablo-like experience

Cons:

Takes a long time for there to be any challenge at all
    Can be really difficult to see the enemies when there's a lot going on
    Sometimes wish there was a way to play offline

Overall: Game is perfect if you love Diablo, and/or the Marvel universe
  59. Jun 5, 2014
    When Marvel heroes Launched back in June of 2013. It was a hot mess. Total Dumpster fire. In just 12 short months the game has gone from 0 to Hero, Marvel Hero that is.

There are weekly updates and the communication from the devs with the players is second to none. They do not just listen to the feedback from the players, they actually act on the feedback and do their best to use it to improve the overall player experience.

The best part is, it is all FREE. Every hero can be earned just by playing the game and collecting Eternity Splinters. There is no gated content. Story missions with 3 levels of difficulty, Terminal Missions, Patrol Missions, RAIDS!, etc... It is all free!

They do have a cash shop, but that is there for cosmetic purchases and people that are too lazy to save the splinters for a hero. So in all truth the Cash Shop is more like a Convenience store.

The only real drawback is folks with lower end machines still struggle to get good FPS. But they are actively working on optimizing the game to make it better for those players.

The are also in open beta for Mac. So those apple loving hipsters can play while they sip on their Starbucks and smoke clove cigs.

What do you have to lose. Try Marvel Heroes for yourself. It is free!
  60. Jun 5, 2014
    I think i've played this game more then any other game i've ever played! It just keeps getting better and better as time goes by. Lots of updates with new features comming out at least once a month, with smaller patches each week. And regulary special events are going with cool and fun things to earn. Aaaaamazing game!
  61. Jun 5, 2014
    Gazillion has done a great job turning this game around. Constant communication via forums, twitch streams and reddit posts have kept the players involved in the changes they bring weekly. They do try to cram more then they can handle into updates at times, but they have absolutely righted the sinking ship and captured the Marvel experience.
  62. Jun 5, 2014
    An amazing ARPG with new content (character/class) on at least a monthly basis. Multiple game modes for solo and group play. The best thing about this game is the incredible developer support. The dev and community management teams actually listen, respond, and act on user feedback.
  63. Jun 4, 2014
    This game is a whole new game from when it launched a year ago. If any game deserves to have an updated score it's this one. as the time of the review i have 650 hours logged and plan to spend 650 more! This game has a very fair payment model by allowing you to acquire any and all heroes in the game for free just by playing the game! the only thing that you will need to spend money on isThis game is a whole new game from when it launched a year ago. If any game deserves to have an updated score it's this one. as the time of the review i have 650 hours logged and plan to spend 650 more! This game has a very fair payment model by allowing you to acquire any and all heroes in the game for free just by playing the game! the only thing that you will need to spend money on is stash tabs and costumes. I think stash tabs are the only "mandatory" thing because you get so much cool stuff you want to hold onto.

the development team has no equal, they are constantly updating the game as well as interact heavily with the community. Expect weekly patches, with a BIG patch once a month and smaller patches throughout that month.

this is the first thing i've ever reviewed or scored on metacritic because i truly believe in this game, if you don't believe me download it for free and try yourself.
  64. Jun 5, 2014
    Lets see where to start, hmmmmm

Lets see where to start, hmmmmm

When I first played Marvel Heroes last summer, things were kinda weird; the game felt like it was rushed and missing something. Although I finally had a chance to play a game that finally combine 2 things I loved; The Marvel Universe and AARPG/ Dungeon Crawler gameplay. So i went a couple of months gaming hard only to get bored and stop playing. The game felt like it was missing something

Now Almost a year later in April I picked up the game again after tucking it aside thinking I was done with this game, only this time I was amazed by how much Gazillion put in, the game has evolved, and I feel that this game is here to stay. So much things to do, I wish I could have more time to play. Definitely worth playing.
  65. Jun 4, 2014
    Very good game. A lot of weekly events and patches. They roll out many monthly content updates and the game keeps getting better. Highly recommended. This game has come a long way. It feels new and refreshing and the developers are adding many contents at a rapid pace, so you have something to do every month.
  66. Jun 5, 2014
    MARVEL HEROES - THE JOURNEY

This review is mainly for those that have played Marvel Heroes in the past and were wondering if and how it has changed though this will still be useful for the new player and I encourage those who with short attention spans to read the entire review before judging the game. The date is June 3rd 2013, It is two days until my birthday and my wife has
    MARVEL HEROES - THE JOURNEY

The date is June 3rd 2013, It is two days until my birthday and my wife has splurged $199 on me to buy the Marvel Heroes ultimate pack. It's a gamble and a long shot at best considering the usual quality of games based on movies and comic media. My wife constantly asks me before purchase "Are you sure this is what you want?", I assure her that i'll deal with it if the game turns out to be crap. By this point I have 250+ games on steam and what could one more game hurt? Even one as expensive as this was.

Launch day rolls around and the game is enjoyable if not buggy. All your favorite heroes are there, more than 20 characters with outfits ranging from every era and artist, Stages based around locations from the comics and movies, Items designed to reflect the various tools of the trade your favorite character might use. You start with a single hero chosen from the starting few if you haven't brought your own and then your left to rely on getting your favorite character from drop rates. First few days the server crashes consistently as is the case with every MMO in recent memory and the consumer is outraged, as per usual. A few websites start to roll out reviews around the 5/10 area and it does not look good for the game. I myself am finding it hugely enjoyable, it's Diablo with Marvel Characters I think. I rush my way through the buggy yet enjoyable game and finally finish it after playing it back to back all week to prove to my wife the money was not wasted... I'm left feeling that the game was an enjoyable, buggy, Diablo clone.

I don't touch Marvel Heroes again consistently for months, only playing in short bursts.

6 months later I check the Marvel Heroes Forums, It's strange, the developers are communicating to the fan base consistently through the forum. I check the patch notes to see what I missed expecting only two decent patches for end game content. Marvel Heroes has come a long way. As I go through the enormous list of changes I don't even recognize half the mechanics and references, It seems the game has been updated almost weekly, non-stop changes and fixes, balances and characters, costumes and loot scaling. I decide that I would have to play the game to get a real sense of how much it has changed. I play 90 hours that week.. I own 250+ Steam games but I generally only rack up around 5 hours playtime a week. This fortnight I spend 100+ hours playing, everything in the game had been fixed! Drop rates are fast and fun! the starting character roster has doubled and the rest are free to earn with the in-game (un-purchasable with real money) currency! It not only felt like a balanced system was in place but it also felt like something else was there.. It never quite hit me what the change was for the first few weeks. It was that Marvel Heroes the Diablo clone was now just Marvel Heroes. It had a soul of it's own. The game felt complete, It had its own atmosphere and community.. and for me it now felt superior to any other MMO out. The support and help from the Developers and community was astounding.

It is now January 1st 2014.. I have got my first max level character and not only has the game come into its own even more, so has the community. It continues to grow and change, It does something that a lot of MMO's haven't or can not - It adapts, the game itself changes to please the players and the players reward the developers with feedback and criticism. After 6 months I turn to my wife and say "You know how you brought me that Marvel game for my birthday? It was worth every cent."

It's a shame some of the original website reviews aren't being re-evaluated because I hate to think about how many players are missing out due to old reviews about a game that barely resembles it's former self. If I had to pick any flaws with the game it's that the Luxury items are, at least in my opinion, pretty pricey. In that sense though the luxuries are just that, luxuries, they do nothing to aid your game. This is not a Pay 2 Win game, In Marvel Heroes you work for your loot and get rewarded accordingly. Sure you can buy characters and costumes early.. but if you want to deck them out in good gear you have to go through the same process that every one else has. In this quality Marvel Heroes is destroying most greedy-developer owned MMO's out right now. To make money the developer has decided to sell cosmetic items such as costumes at high prices and this ensures that the game doesn't dip into the Pay 2 Win scheme seen so often in MMO's nowadays, Also while the developer may charge for things such as extra item space and costumes, these things are rarely needed and are not detrimental to having an enjoyable and engaging experience.

I have no doubt that as Marvel Heroes has grown it will also continue to grow. I also have no doubt that as long as they keep listening to their community and providing game play based around the consumer playing for fun - not paying for fun, they will continue to flourish.

Pros:
    -Constantly updating and adapting game - regularly being balanced
    -Passionate, dedicated and generally friendly player base
    -Huge Roster and Costume List
    -Challenging and Engaging game play
    -Rewarding experience when leveling characters
    -Huge variety of skills reflecting your favorite characters fighting style
    -Very easy to pick up and play
    -Plenty to master and invest time in
    -Good story

Cons:
    -Costumes are pricey
    -Extra stash tabs cost real money
    -I would like a way to earn Retcon devices faster (the games way of Re-specializing your character), The drop rate of this item seems rather low when you look at other games like Diablo 3 where you can just use in game currency to re-specialize your character. When you consider currently there's no simple way to test your characters skills out it puts how far Marvel Heroes still has to go in perspective. It would also allow players to see some of the other move animations they would not see otherwise.

Other:
    -Graphically the game isn't likely to blow anyone away, characters look fine and enhanced costumes are flashy, Some of the characters moves are very pretty. The game isn't anywhere as nice as Diablo 3 graphically but it's above par with its other ARPG competitors.
    -Would have been nice to have actual cut-scenes instead of motion comics - maybe as the game grows.

SCORE: 9/10
  67. Jun 5, 2014
    I must say MARVEL heroes has surprised me. I Originally tried it out back when it first launched and almost instantly decided the game was not for me. I tried it again a year after and lo and behold the entire game had undergone a massive overhaul. Since then I have put roughly 400 hours into it and I have never been bored. So many different characters to lvl gear and tweak. ConstantI must say MARVEL heroes has surprised me. I Originally tried it out back when it first launched and almost instantly decided the game was not for me. I tried it again a year after and lo and behold the entire game had undergone a massive overhaul. Since then I have put roughly 400 hours into it and I have never been bored. So many different characters to lvl gear and tweak. Constant updates the newest of these adding more content for people who prefer to focus on 1 character. All in all a great game for casuals and now even more hardcore ARPG fans. Give it a try. Its free its good and it allows you to play as the only superheroes worth playing. Marvel Heroes. Expand
  68. Jun 5, 2014
    Impressed by the amount of new game play and constant tweaking of the game play, keeps the game fresh and allows for lots of different styles of game play.
  69. Jun 8, 2014
    In my opinion the best F2P game out there. The only thing I feel dragging it down is the lack of storage space for completely free players.

I played a bit at launch and then the game was terrible, just picked it up again a month ago and now it is a really good game.
  70. Jun 4, 2014
    Loving this game as a fan and avid player of a lot of ARPG's, this is the best one out there right.
    Great, involved developers. Giveaways and lots of freebies.
    As far as free to play games go, you can not go past Marvel Heroes.
  71. Jun 4, 2014
    Excellent game that has changed drastically from it's original release. The developers are fantastic and really have turned this around into one of the best ARPG's out there. If you're a comic book fan you'll love it but also if you just enjoy a good game from one of the original creators of Diablo 2 this is for you. It's free to play and you they're constantly updating it with newExcellent game that has changed drastically from it's original release. The developers are fantastic and really have turned this around into one of the best ARPG's out there. If you're a comic book fan you'll love it but also if you just enjoy a good game from one of the original creators of Diablo 2 this is for you. It's free to play and you they're constantly updating it with new content at no cost. Expand
  72. Jun 4, 2014
    I have played many F2P games in the past and this one takes the cake! If you love arpg's and Marvel heroes with a classic MMO feel and a great community of players, then this is the game for you! Also, most responsive and friendly development team I have ever encountered!
  73. Jun 5, 2014
    Well where to begin, Marvel Heroes 2015 the big re-launch and the first thing I can say is wow what an improvement, from even the basics of how each hero is designed/built to the actual game content it really is night and day different to how it used to be at launch.

For a free game that doesn’t even restrict you in the same ways that many free to play MMO’s do you can’t go wrong, marvel heroes is a great way to spend either a few hours or a whole week. The game isn’t without its flaws however, there are still some broken heroes that are waiting for their design review and bit of content here and there look/feel unfinished but this is a drop in the ocean compared to how it was last year.

Most of the heroes play very well, their abilities and skills for the most part make the feel the part of the powerful superhero you are wanting to be and with a much improved roster for new players to pick from, you will be spoilt for choice very quickly especially if you frequent many of the MH forums and fan website that offer up boost and free new random hero codes.

One thing that stands out to me for marvel heroes is the support that the developers give to the community, they generally do seem to listen to what people say and constantly put on offers/promotions and free giveaways in game for events (like xmas, Easter etc). They say it’s the little things that matter and marvel heroes is full of them.

At the end of the day this is an ARPG, it is Diablo 2 but with marvel characters in it and some extra group related content. You will expect to have to grind bosses/content over and over for certain items and some characters will do this much better than others occasionally leaving you feeling annoyed that your favourite hero isn’t as good as storm or whatever.

The new modes in this game are what make it really stand out, after finishing the main story there are now lots of things to do from various repeats of certain sections of story (called terminal missions) to one shots (mini story missions) Xdefence + shield holo sim (your standard survive as long as you can against ever increasing in difficulty waves of mobs mode) and midtown (run around the city beating up bad guys and react to villain attacks.

On the whole I would give Marvel Heroes 2015 8/10, it borders on 9, but as said still lacks a bit of polish here and there, it’s a long road and MH is near the finish line, but just hasn't crossed it yet.
  74. Jun 5, 2014
    After getting tired of Path of Exile, Torchlight 2, and eventually Diablo 3 (Even after the expansion), I finally turned my eye to Marvel Heroes. The reviews here were pretty harsh on it, but people kept telling me how much better it was now. Finally I installed it. To say I'm impressed would be an understatement, this game is absolutely fantastic. And it's not just cause of the FantasticAfter getting tired of Path of Exile, Torchlight 2, and eventually Diablo 3 (Even after the expansion), I finally turned my eye to Marvel Heroes. The reviews here were pretty harsh on it, but people kept telling me how much better it was now. Finally I installed it. To say I'm impressed would be an understatement, this game is absolutely fantastic. And it's not just cause of the Fantastic Four! Gazillion has come a long way and has made this a thoroughly enjoyable Action RPG experience.

There are plenty of things to do in the Marvel Universe, the main thing being story mode. It's relatively straightforward: get a quest, go do the quest. Nothing exceptionally unique, but the Marvel cast populating it make it quite a fun romp. From what I can tell, Gazillion is continuing to add content to flesh out the story with new quests and raids.

When I talk about games to other people I always mention the unquantifiable "feel" of the game. How does the game feel? Is there weight to the attacks? Do the sound effects make using a certain attack fun or annoying? Marvel Heroes has the kind of 'feel" that keeps me coming back for more. Sending goons flying with a headbutt from the Hulk never gets old. Setting hordes of Dark Elves on fire with the Human Torch is always a blast. The diversity of the cast and constant additions will keep me hooked for a long time.

Lastly, I feel I must comment on the Free to Play aspect of Marvel Heroes. Naturally it is a point of contention for gamers. However, Gazillion has devised a system that is completely fair. The prices are reasonably, and the only things that are behind a paygate are cosmetic costumes for the various characters and quality of life improvements like more stash pages. Everything else is unlockable through the gameplay.

All in all, Marvel Heroes is quite the gem. If Gazillion keeps pumping out the characters and content patches, I fully expect the game to get even better.
  75. Jun 4, 2014
    The original game (let's call it an extended, unlabeled BETA) needed a LOT of improvements. Thankfully, most of those necessary improvements have arrived thanks to a dedicated Dev team that interacts with and listens to the community. Heroes can be unlocked for free through eternity splinter drops, many additional gameplay modes exist (various difficulties of story mode, X Defense hordeThe original game (let's call it an extended, unlabeled BETA) needed a LOT of improvements. Thankfully, most of those necessary improvements have arrived thanks to a dedicated Dev team that interacts with and listens to the community. Heroes can be unlocked for free through eternity splinter drops, many additional gameplay modes exist (various difficulties of story mode, X Defense horde mode, Midtown Patrol sandbox mayhem, Terminals, Shared Quests or as i like to call them Global Quests, satisfying gear progression, and dynamic events happening almost every week. A new hero is added every month, and although every person has that one or two heroes they REALLY want added, it's nice to have such regular content added constantly. If you gave up on the original version, now is the perfect time to give the game another try. Expand
  76. Jun 5, 2014
    First: It's a great MMO, the story is very good, the gameplay it's awesome too. But what i really love is that you are in touch all the time with the devs, you feel "heard". And the community is the best community i have ever seen in a game.
    If you start playing and don't know well how to play, just ask in the game chat and there will be actually a lot of people trying to help inmediately.
    Also, you have "supergroups", guilds in which you can be with people more less like you. For example, if you are french, you have lots of french guilds, if you are more focused on playing an specific thing, you have lots of supergroups too...
    Also, you can do everything for free. So it's like a "i can reach all whatever i want" feeling.
    There is a lot of variety, new things and patches based on the players opinion added every week...
    Just by the dev's care put day by day they deserve a 10. Cause they never stop making this game more awesome everyday.
    I have been playing the game since early beta. Around 2000 hours. In my opinion, its a game to enjoy with friends, family, marvel fans, solo (though you will never feel alone thanks to the community chat) and that you can put trust in that it will endure getting more awesome everyday!
  77. Jun 5, 2014
    Such a great game especially if you are into Marvel. It has changed 100% from where it was in its first release which was a beta as far as im concerned. Ive played WOW for years, diablo, etc.. Ive never seen such a devoted team of developers and staff. Changes are made constantly! Patches, special events and all kinds of great new gameplay enhancements come out on almost a weeklySuch a great game especially if you are into Marvel. It has changed 100% from where it was in its first release which was a beta as far as im concerned. Ive played WOW for years, diablo, etc.. Ive never seen such a devoted team of developers and staff. Changes are made constantly! Patches, special events and all kinds of great new gameplay enhancements come out on almost a weekly basis. The staff is very helpful, constantly providing updates on what they are doing, what improvements are on the way and answering questions from the community.
    10 out of 10 highly recommended!
  78. Jun 6, 2014
    Rating best on feeling it is currently best in genre. Has most depth and variety of things to do of the current and recent ARPGs. 3 levels of difficulty in the story mode, Dailies, raids, Competitive PvE events, PvP area... just a ton of variety. Free to play version is only lacking in character choices, but still has more than other ARPGs.

Changed the bar for what is expected in an

Changed the bar for what is expected in an ARPG and deserves the 10 rating. Is it perfect? No. Is it best in class? Yes.
  79. Jun 6, 2014
    This game has made quite a large improvement from when it was first released. Playing currently, it is noticeably contrasting, enjoyable, when compared to the start. I at first just appreciated the concept of this game, but now it is surely a game worth all the praise.
  80. Jun 4, 2014
    While slightly lacking in content (particularly end-game), Marvel Heroes is the best free-to-play title out there. And with the sole exception of limited in-game storage, there is absolutely no need to spend real money on anything but cosmetic items. Better still, a new hero is added every month and the developers roll out patches on a weekly basis. Marvel Heroes has improved dramaticallyWhile slightly lacking in content (particularly end-game), Marvel Heroes is the best free-to-play title out there. And with the sole exception of limited in-game storage, there is absolutely no need to spend real money on anything but cosmetic items. Better still, a new hero is added every month and the developers roll out patches on a weekly basis. Marvel Heroes has improved dramatically from its initial release and looks as though it will continue to improve going forward. Expand
  81. Jun 4, 2014
    This is not the same game that was released a year ago. So many improvements and additions have been added to this game since last year that it is almost on recognizable. This game focuses on buying or unlocking heroes, but does not give any distinctive advantages for those who spend a lot of money in this game other then cosmetics.

This doesn't say that this game is perfect, the loot

This doesn't say that this game is perfect, the loot system feels a little harsh and could use a little work. And the optimization for this game could be overall improved. But with so many things to do and constant updates, those problems would seem negligible over time.
  82. Jun 4, 2014
    I cannot explain just how much this game has improved since its launch one year ago. Anyone who wrote it off because of the shaky launch, do yourself a favor and give it another chance.
  83. Jun 4, 2014
    Marvel Heroes has come a long way since the premature live opening a year ago. When Gaz started hiring people directly from the player base community I knew that was a significant sign of great things to come.
    Never, and I mean never, have I witnessed a better forum community where the actual developers post several times each and every day engaging in direct discussions with their player base. David Brevik's Band of Merry Men/Woman @ Gazillion are truly setting what should become the standard and if their competitors really wish to succeed long term they better take note on how things should be done.
  84. Jun 5, 2014
    As a female casual gamer, I absolutely love this game. I grew up with the 1990s X-Men cartoons and comics, and am delighted at the way my favorite characters have been brought to life and made playable in this game. Even without much of a background in MMORPGs, I was able to learn the ins and outs and really enjoy playing right away. The female playable characters are awesome, and you haveAs a female casual gamer, I absolutely love this game. I grew up with the 1990s X-Men cartoons and comics, and am delighted at the way my favorite characters have been brought to life and made playable in this game. Even without much of a background in MMORPGs, I was able to learn the ins and outs and really enjoy playing right away. The female playable characters are awesome, and you have the option to buy female versions of many male heroes through enhanced costumes. I play 20+ hours per week and love almost every minute. It's also a lot of fun to play with my husband, we really enjoy bonding over this game. Expand
  85. Jun 5, 2014
    This is straight-up a different game from the old Marvel Heroes that I played and promptly uninstalled back in the beta days.
    Gone are the useless, anemic-feeling heroes stumbling drunkenly around a generic wasteland of randomly generated blandness unfortunately called "Limbo." The only boring character in the game now is the Thing (who is one of what, 40 people now? Instead of one of 5 or 10), whose rework is coming by the end of the summer anyway.

Their customer support department will help you faster than any online game I've ever played (let alone a f2p game), the character balance is basically "is this fun, for you? ok then here are numbers for it. big splashy numbers" and in a game almost exclusively PvE: Good. It feels less f2p than Diablo 3 ever did, which is an achievement all on its own.

Also, Nightcrawler plays like the opening sequence of X-2, forever. Don't tell me that doesn't sound amazing.
  86. Jun 6, 2014
    This game was pretty bad when it came out. I bought in with a founders pack and was sad i did but stuck with it because i knew that the designers wouldn't leave it this way. After a year it has made leaps and bounds to come back up to be my favorite ARPG since D2LOD that I play daily. And as far as payingfor things, the game makes me WANT to spend money, not forces me to for the most part.This game was pretty bad when it came out. I bought in with a founders pack and was sad i did but stuck with it because i knew that the designers wouldn't leave it this way. After a year it has made leaps and bounds to come back up to be my favorite ARPG since D2LOD that I play daily. And as far as payingfor things, the game makes me WANT to spend money, not forces me to for the most part. I will say Vault/Stash space is the only thing i guess you could consider a wall, but that's because they just give you so much cool stuff you don't want to sell/throw away. Expand
  87. Jun 7, 2014
    My favorite addiction - and has been for over a year. It's come a long way since the beta and launch fiasco's - if you haven't heard of the game or have been avoiding it because of the reviews around the launch last year, I would really encourage you to take a second look - especially with the anniversary gifts being given out until June 12, 2014. You can create an account and downloadMy favorite addiction - and has been for over a year. It's come a long way since the beta and launch fiasco's - if you haven't heard of the game or have been avoiding it because of the reviews around the launch last year, I would really encourage you to take a second look - especially with the anniversary gifts being given out until June 12, 2014. You can create an account and download and play the game for free - you get one hero to start and a second when you complete story mode by receiving 200 splinters. The Taskmaster is one of the 200 splinter heroes you can get and he's a blast - an amazing value for 200 splinters. If you don't feel like hanging around in the game after getting and leveling the Taskmaster, then the game probably isn't for you - you can find it out without having to spend a dime. I've spent plenty of money on the game, only because I wanted to - I've enjoyed the game that much. The devs interact with the community continually, and constantly incorporate feedback from the community into the game. It's the most pleasant and least toxic MMO community I have ever participated in. Give it a try yourself and see if you agree. Expand
  88. Jun 4, 2014
    As a huge marvel fan, I can be confident in saying Gazillion has succeeded in making an enjoyable, fun and challenging dungeon crawler. Having played since beta, the updates that the company has made have been outstanding. The game is constantly being updated and balanced. All heroes feel right, if they don't, most get a review for newer updates. (Old heroes don't get left out). With theAs a huge marvel fan, I can be confident in saying Gazillion has succeeded in making an enjoyable, fun and challenging dungeon crawler. Having played since beta, the updates that the company has made have been outstanding. The game is constantly being updated and balanced. All heroes feel right, if they don't, most get a review for newer updates. (Old heroes don't get left out). With the introduction of raids and such this patch, I'm excited to see what's in store for another year of Marvel Heroes. Expand
  89. Jun 4, 2014
    This game is amazing on its own but add in the fact that it is totally free to play and you have a real winner. Unless you just hate the superhero genre or ARPGs in general you are probably going to love this game. Stop reading reviews and go download this game right now.
  90. Jun 5, 2014
    I started playing in beta and then quit when it was released because it was honestly kinda horrible. I started it back up one day on a whim and never looked back. Great game and the best community out there. Seriously, The community of this game is really what takes the scorte above a 9 for me. Kudos to Gaz and the great players.
  91. Jun 5, 2014
    I admit that I'm a Marvel junkie and was at first slightly disappointed that I couldn't create my own characters. But there is so much fun to be had playing with your favourite heroes from the Marvel universe and there are still plenty of customisation options to be had including different costumes and choosing which powers to use.
    The game had a shaky start but it didn't take the devs
    The game had a shaky start but it didn't take the devs long to show that they are the most responsive, involved and amazing group of game developers out there. They not only listen to the community they get involved directly in it and have always stated their main aim is to make the game fun.
    And they are succeeding! This is the most Punchtastic superhero game there is!
  92. Jun 5, 2014
    This is pretty much an entirely new game since launch. More characters, more activities, more everything. This game is completely free if you're willing to spend some time on it, pretty much everything can be earned without paying a cent. A++ would punch doom again.
  93. Jun 4, 2014
    This game has come a LONG way since its release. The developers are constantly incorporating ideas from the community and just being awesome in general. This is F2P done right. You can buy some boosts for item finding or experience or you could just log in on their (constant) event days and get them for free. There are no playable characters hidden behind pay walls; every hero isThis game has come a LONG way since its release. The developers are constantly incorporating ideas from the community and just being awesome in general. This is F2P done right. You can buy some boosts for item finding or experience or you could just log in on their (constant) event days and get them for free. There are no playable characters hidden behind pay walls; every hero is obtainable through simply playing the game and collecting the in game currency.

If they continue on this route, I can definitely see them changing the 9 into a 10 for me. But don't take my word for it, stop reading this and go download it now!
  94. Jun 4, 2014
    Great game. The F2P model is more reasonable than many games, though it is pretty easy to spend a whole lot of money if you start getting into buying fortune cards, boosts, costumes, etc. If you are patient and save up your in game currency, you can unlock most or all of the heroes for free if you want.

Most of the paid things are cosmetic, temporary boosts, or stuff like extra bank space. F2P players get access to all the content of the game, which is better than a lot of F2P I have tried where you have to spend $ to even play the game properly.

Devs are more active than in any game I have ever played...events pretty much weekly, at least 1 new hero every month sometimes 2, always working on and adding new content, etc.

It has improved by an enormous amount since it launched 1 year ago.
  95. Jun 6, 2014
    Community oriented development team, Constant updates, F2P with fair prices, Lots of free in-game items are given out, Friendly community of players, Updates focus on real Marvel events (movie releases, comics, etc..) which add a nice touch to the game
  96. Jun 18, 2015
    It took me awhile to really get into the game. I always kind of enjoyed it. But when they released Rogue as a playable character I just fell head-long into the action madness that is Marvel Heroes. I've gotten all the characters I like, half of them I earned for free, and the other half i bought during sales.

The game is just a blast. There is no reason not to play it.
  97. Jun 4, 2014
    A Diablo game with Marvel theme. They had some rough start, but now they have improved the game completely. One of the best communities ever, and the devs always hear what the players want in the forums. A highly recommended game for all Marvel and ARPG games fans.
  98. Jun 5, 2014
    I've played Marvel Heroes since its release and i've been consistently blown away by the amount of content Gazillion continues to shove into this game. It has transformed from decent action RPG with a Marvel license to one of the best action RPGs created (and it just happens to have a Marvel license).

I would rate this game an 8 / 10 but the sheer amount of content and positive

I would rate this game an 8 / 10 but the sheer amount of content and positive community interaction that Gazillion has offered gives it an extra point. I've yet to see another game that continues to shower the players in gifts and additional game play like Marvel Heroes. And it's not throwaway content either like you see with many triple A pre-order bonuses; they've added entire levels, characters, new item slots, crafting recipes, end-game content...all for free.

I hope the rest of the gaming world is paying attention to the strategy that Gazillion has employed for Marvel Heroes; listen to your customers and shower them with gifts.
  99. Jun 4, 2014
    Great game, great community, positive Social chat, and whenever I've had to create a ticket I get prompt support. Love that the devs joke around on the forums. Just a really proud member of the Marvel Heroes community, it's one game that I keep coming back to again and again.
  100. Jun 5, 2014
    Having purchased a founder's pack and playing from early beta, I can tell you how disappointing the launch was. After this game originally launched, I played for maybe 2 weeks and ditched it.

However, once the updates started rolling out and I saw how much devotion the developers had to this game, and the fact that they interacted with their user base regularly and took them seriously, this game took a complete 180.

Now instead of an utter disappointment, I can't find myself playing anything else. The game is changing rapidly and for the better, and every patch that is released moves this game further and further in the right direction.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 10 Critic Reviews

1. PC PowerPlay
    Aug 27, 2014
    A surprisingly solid ARPG featuring a litany of iconic superheroes. [Sept 2014, p.56]
  2. Aug 8, 2014
    A year later, Marvel Heroes is the game it wanted to be when it was released, and its ability to grow and change by acknowledging its problems and actively trying to solve them, is a testament to one of the best features of MMO.
  3. Aug 6, 2014
    From Wolverine to Spider-Man and Cable, all the heroes you wanted to be when you were a kid are made available, with more to come. As an added bonus, you can unlock all of them without ever paying anything, which makes for the best kind of free-to-play experience, where you never feel constrained to do anything, and any money you spend only translates into cosmetic or quality-of-life upgrades, without unbalancing the game in any way.