7.2

1. Aug 23, 2017
    Awesome story, though the animations seems lacking, and sometimes even feels like it doesn't fit
    Choises are interresting and feels important to the story. They managed to get the characters pretty well.

If you are a fan I higlhy recommend getting this game!
  2. Nov 9, 2017
    +An interactive graphic novel version of a guardians story
    +Excellent voice acting
    +Choices tailor the experience well in places +Great licensed music homage to movie series -Dated animation and visuals -Original music although effective sounds tad generic If you are a fan of the comics / film and telltale games are fun for you you will love this. It really captures the heart of
    +An interactive graphic novel version of a guardians story
    +Excellent voice acting
    +Choices tailor the experience well in places
    +Great licensed music homage to movie series
    -Dated animation and visuals
    -Original music although effective sounds tad generic

If you are a fan of the comics / film and telltale games are fun for you you will love this. It really captures the heart of the characters and feels like a great way to experience a guardians story.
  3. Feb 15, 2019
    Telltale's take on Guardians of the Galaxy appears to be set in an alternate timeline to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and focuses on the emotional baggage that each of the Guardians carry with them. The game is full of the usual plot twists, unexpected character deaths and ethical dilemmas we've come to expect in Telltale adventures and like the film, the game has its fair share of funnyTelltale's take on Guardians of the Galaxy appears to be set in an alternate timeline to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and focuses on the emotional baggage that each of the Guardians carry with them. The game is full of the usual plot twists, unexpected character deaths and ethical dilemmas we've come to expect in Telltale adventures and like the film, the game has its fair share of funny and touching moments in equal measure. The game does suffer from shoddy combat animations though as well as poor lip synching, and I'm not really a fan of the epilogue. Expand
  4. May 12, 2018
    Five Word Review: Typically TellTale, enjoy the story.
    Favorite Thing: Since the gameplay has become so copy & paste it all rides on the story. I really liked it, especially the back stories.
    Least Favorite Thing: TellTale gameplay really needs to evolve. Date Completed: 2018-05-12 Playtime: ~ 9h Enjoyment: 8/10 Recommendation: If you like interactive movies then yeah, it's worth
    Five Word Review: Typically TellTale, enjoy the story.
    Least Favorite Thing: TellTale gameplay really needs to evolve.

Date Completed: 2018-05-12
    Playtime: ~ 9h
    Enjoyment: 8/10
    Recommendation: If you like interactive movies then yeah, it's worth it for the story.
  5. Sep 8, 2018
    If you look through my post history you will notice that I have played a lot of Telltale games. I like Telltale games and will continue to play them as long as they keep making them. I enjoy the relaxing nature of the games and I enjoy the stories. I view these games as interactive movies where I’m here for the story. I don’t mind that my decisions don’t have a huge impact on the story, IIf you look through my post history you will notice that I have played a lot of Telltale games. I like Telltale games and will continue to play them as long as they keep making them. I enjoy the relaxing nature of the games and I enjoy the stories. I view these games as interactive movies where I’m here for the story. I don’t mind that my decisions don’t have a huge impact on the story, I just want to experience the story.

My favorite of Marvel Franchise is probably the Guardians of the Galaxy so when I found that Telltale was making a Guardians of the Galaxy game, I was excited about it. Then I heard a lot of reviews and I didn’t hear good things about the game. I just held off and didn’t pick it up until now.

After playing through the whole game, I wish I did pick the game up in 2017. It wouldn’t have made my top 10 but probably top 15. The game did have its technical issues but I still found the story to be engaging.

There is a game breaking bug that I encountered in the third episode. Basically, there is a scene where you walk around and talk to your crew and once you’ve done so, a cutscene is triggered. In my first try, the cutscene never triggered. I quit the game, loaded it back up. Had to go through 10 minutes of the same dialogue only to not have cutscene trigger again. At this point, I read online that its a known bug and it seems like some of your decisions throughout the episode can cause this bug. I restarted the episode, had to go through 40 minutes of the same **** and the cutscene still didn’t trigger. At this point, I almost gave up on the game. I decided to give it one more try. I would restart my PS4 and load up the save file and sure enough that fixed the problem. Being a fan of the British Comedy, The IT Crowd, I don’t know why I didn’t try this first.

Other than the episode breaking bug, I did enjoy this game. I do think Telltale Games are for a select number of people and I also think people are getting sick of the Telltale formula. Personally me, I still enjoy the games. Realistically, I could see myself playing 1 or 2 per year.
  6. Jul 15, 2019
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy: The Telltale Series is my 2nd favorite Marvel video game and one of my top 5 favorite video games of all time. I loved all of the different choices you could choose and thought the levels were all very exciting and fun. I thought the visuals and graphics were great. The story's were spectacular. I especially loved the one where Rocket is in the lab and he is trying to get him and his girlfriend Llaya out. I loved the movies and I loved the game just the same. A+ video game. Expand
  7. Jul 1, 2021
    Summary:
    A worthwhile experience if you are a fan of either Telltale Games or the Guardians of the Galaxy.
  8. Apr 4, 2022
    Visuals and Story are very good. Gameplay is great but it leaves me desiring more of like Marvel Ultimate alliance style control of the other characters. Soundtrack along with the bonus in game unlockable outfits Amazing. I highly recommend this game.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 7 Critic Reviews

1. Nov 29, 2017
    Telltale has barely changed their interactive story approach for Guardians of the Galaxy, but that’s not such a bad thing. With a solid application of humor, fun combat sequences, and a well-realised cast, they have forged a bold space adventure.
  2. Nov 15, 2017
    I’ve been lukewarm about most of Telltale’s games lately, but I really liked Guardians of the Galaxy. It handles the transition between jokes and drama well, your decisions are tougher and more meaningful than you usually see, the writing and voice acting are excellent, and the action sequences are simple and infrequent enough that they don’t derail the game. So if you haven’t played a Telltale game in a while, Guardians of the Galaxy is certainly one to check out.
  3. Nov 13, 2017
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy is a series that doesn't change in any way the Telltale's style. The game mixes the comicality of the brand with a more adult and sentimental side, a choice that can be appreciated by a lot of players, but not by all of them. Anyway the title is definitely a good purchase for all those loving the Marvel's galactic heroes and the narrative style of the Californian developers.