8.2

1. Aug 13, 2022
    Absolutely Amazing PC Version!

I mean it, this might be one of the best PC versions in years, runs smooth even on lower-end PC-s. Game itself is fantastic, easily best Spider-Man game ever made. Story, graphics, voice acting, open-world design- everything is just top tier for a Spider-Man game. I would highly recommend this, if you have ever cared about Spider-Man. Swinging around the
    Absolutely Amazing PC Version!

Game itself is fantastic, easily best Spider-Man game ever made. Story, graphics, voice acting, open-world design- everything is just top tier for a Spider-Man game. I would highly recommend this, if you have ever cared about Spider-Man. Swinging around the city feels so smooth even with Keyboard+Mouse. I was worried how these controls work on Keyboard and Mouse, and i have to say, surprisingly well. There are lots of different moves and buttons, so it might take like few minutes to learn everything, but after that it is great experience. Also, for PC, easily one of the best releases in 2022. I guess now its time to wait for Last of Us Remake and Uncharted 4 PC versions!

Thank you Sony!
  2. Aug 22, 2022
    Great Visuals and Gameplay.

Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered on PC is a really nice looking game and Nixxes Software, once again, prove that they know their stuff when it comes to porting games over this platform. The game’s release is not without a few flaws here and there and we’ve already seen a small patch released a couple days ago, with a bigger one coming in the future. One
    Great Visuals and Gameplay.

One of the most amazing aspects of this game is how well designed and realized New York City is, and how good it feels to swing around everywhere. It’s just not how it feels, but also how well animated Peter’s movements are, the acceleration, speed, momentum, there’s a lot of stuff packed in there to make it feel believable, that we’re actually swinging around NYC for real.
    Clearly, a ton of development time and work has been put into that major aspect of the game, to make it reach a level where it feels this good…I don’t know how much time and effort it took Insomniac Games but…and incredible job, because it’s great.

Characters are pretty well animated and their English voices are very nice too, the game’s story has several moments where their performances really shine, with lots of emotion packed in there for sure.

Let’s dive into the actual PC Performance and, as most people who’ve played or heard of the PC port by know, you may be aware that the general consensus is that this is a really CPU demanding game, especially when using Ray Tracing Reflections.
    Indeed, on my Ryzen 5 3600 and RTX 3060 Ti, the game can really push those 12 CPU threads to really high utilization when RT is enabled but there are still some settings and tweaks that we can use to make it run a bit better.
    With the proper settings, it’s possible to achieve pretty close to stable 60 locked FPS at 1620p DLDSR downsampling, with Quality DLSS, only dropping below 60 here and there when swinging around outdoors; indoors though, it’s usually more stable even though certain interior places can have pretty demanding RT Reflections too.

It is uncertain if, at this point, the developers may yet offer any performance enhancing updates in any future patch, those may come…or not, but the game in no shape or form runs badly all things considered…it’s just quite demanding, which is different, and finding a good balance between your CPU and GPU loads in game is crucial, for what you may want to tinker with certain CPU demanding settings, in game resolution to increase GPU load and/or stuff like DLAA which may help putting even more load into your GPU, if you feel it can be utilized a bit more.

This is all when using Ray Tracing, because without it, the game can easily run above 100 FPS at 1440p and even 1620p, Max Settings, on my system, still looks fine, but of course RT Reflections add a lot to many areas of the game.

Keybinds are quite decent for Mouse and Keyboard usage, and I’ve only found that we’re lacking some shortcut keys for stuff like individual gadgets usage, because most of the other in game actions that are important, like web-shooting, can be mapped to individual keys no problem.
    Mouse Input has no apparent acceleration or any other issues that I can feel/see, and it works well enough.
    That said, for this game I played with my DualSense controller, with the added features that only work when Steam Input is disabled, and wired, of course, as usual. It’s a nice experience, even though I felt the adaptive triggers a bit too weak and the sound coming from the speaker to be…pretty much useless (we can hear some sound when shooting our webs, that’s about it I think).

Moving on to the aspects of the game I find aren’t as great…well, if I said earlier the world is great looking and nice to traverse around, it also presents big classic open world issues, like lots of repetitive tasks and events, radio towers to hack (although there aren’t that many) and other typical stuff many consider very average open world “filler”.

Besides that, I found that I wanted a few more Side Quests, the ones that we got…are mostly great, but the game could’ve used a few extra here and there, to expand the lore and certain secondary characters even further; I really loved the side content we got…but that’s why I would’ve loved to see a bit more.

That aside…I can say this game was a lot of fun to play, combat never gets tiring, which helps a lot to alleviate that “open world filler stuff” to do, until 100% completion so, overall, I’d say this game is a solid 8.5/10, maybe even a 9 if we consider that other open world games tend to have inferior gameplay, and the same or even more amount of average open world tasks and filler stuff to do.
  3. Aug 15, 2022
    Easy 9/10

Great graphics and gameplay. Enjoyable games and fighting mechanics that little bit different from others games. And Hey this is Spidey!
  4. Aug 15, 2022
    Batman: Arkham City от мира Marvel и лучшая игра по челопуку на данный момент. Да, может быть она не вызывает тот щенячий восторг, как когда-то вызывал Spider-Man 2, но если это ваша первая игра в серии, то вы несомненно будете под впечатлением.
    +Потрясная графика.
    +Интересная система боя завязанная на гаджетах. +Отличная режиссура в кат.сценах. +Масса отсылок к комиксу, которые лучше
    +Потрясная графика.
    +Интересная система боя завязанная на гаджетах.
    +Отличная режиссура в кат.сценах.
    +Масса отсылок к комиксу, которые лучше бы знать.
    -Сюжет типичного супергеройского кинца.
    -Побычные активности во второй части игры могут утомить.
    -Не самая лучшая локализация.
  5. Aug 31, 2022
    Sick game and sick story.
    Great port by Nixxes and is aa must play
    Play it already
  6. Aug 16, 2022
    The best Spider-Man game we will get for a long time, looks amazing and gameplay is stunning. Only downside is some of the side quests feel a little repetitive, but again, they are side quests. Not to mention all the suits and abilities you can unlock, there is something to be working on all the time.
  7. Aug 13, 2022
    A masterpiece, exceptional game from Insomniac. It deserves 10/10. Nobody does it better
  8. Aug 14, 2022
    This is my favorite game and now this is my favorite version of that game. I see it as almost like a sports title where the replay value is so high that I would literally just play Spiderman 22 and buy Spiderman 23 and so on. The only game I've every played to 100% (on PS4) with all DLC at 100% as well.
  9. Aug 13, 2022
    Good-
    Great PC performance; Support for niche PC options; Excellent story; Awesome gameplay.
    Bad- Stealth sections; Science puzzles. Thoughts- Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered on PC is an easy game to recommend. Maintaining everything that made it good when it was first released, the PC version is quite easily the definitive version of the game, with support for PC-exclusive
    Good-

Bad-
    Stealth sections; Science puzzles.

Thoughts-
    Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered on PC is an easy game to recommend. Maintaining everything that made it good when it was first released, the PC version is quite easily the definitive version of the game, with support for PC-exclusive features like ultrawide monitors and RTX support. The fact that it’s Steam Deck verified also offers a few fringe benefits to PC gamers, such as the ability to play the game on Linux operating systems, and even the ability to play using the Steam Controller. Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered on PC is a fantastic game, and if you have the option, this is the best way to play it.
  10. Aug 13, 2022
    Excellent work!!! Game itself is top tier and im truly happy that Sony is finally bringing these great games to PC. Horizon and Days Gone were solid, then God of War and now Spider-Man? Hell yea! More please!
  11. Aug 21, 2022
    Es la 9º vez que termino este juego, pero esta vez en PC y he ido a por todos los logros (otra vez)

Sigue siendo absolutamente glorioso. Coge todas las mecánicas que tenían los Batman Arkham y los mejora. La relación con los villanos, la historia, las conversaciones, las subtramas, las llamadas telefónicas, las bromas, los podcast de JJJameson están brillantemente escritos; tal y como

La relación con los villanos, la historia, las conversaciones, las subtramas, las llamadas telefónicas, las bromas, los podcast de JJJameson están brillantemente escritos; tal y como eran en los comics.

La música es una pasada, cada villano y personaje tiene un tema propio, y dependiendo de si te enfrentas a una facción u otra de enemigos, suena una música u otra.

El combate coge y mejora los Batman Arkham (y anteriores juegos de Spider-Man) y le da una identidad propia. Si usas las mecánicas que te da el juego, puedes acabar con tus enemigos de manera eficiente y rápida, sin perder el flow del combate, haciendo que jugar el la dificultad Máximo sea un reto satisfactorio.

Los gráficos y la recreación de New York... Qué decir! Es simplemente sublime. Cada manzana tiene escritos los nombres de las calles, la ciudad se siente como una ciudad viva, donde los NPCs no solo están quietos, sino que interactúan con el entorno, con Spider-Man cuando le ven, practican deportes y viven su vida.
    La exploración es una delicia. No vas a encontrar una cueva llena de tesoros, pero sí que vas a encontrar todos esos pequeños secretos y detalles que tiene cualquier ciudad. Estatuas, monumentos, decoraciones... Cualquier excusa es buena para moverte de un sitio a otro con el mejor sistema de desplazamiento/movimiento que he visto nunca en un videojuego.

Algunas misiones secundarias son radicalmente mejores que otras. No hay muchas, pero son bastante buenas y variadas en general. Al igual que el gameplay de las misiones principales, variado.

En resumen. Es un juego que hace todo absolutamente perfecto y que, tras 4 años, sigue siendo el mejor juego de mundo abierto de superhéroes.
  12. Aug 14, 2022
    Created an account on this website only to be able to give this game a 10. This is the best superhero game I’ve ever played. The graphics are gorgeous, it’s well optimized and it simply puts a smile on your face.
    The city if full of life, and it has the perfect amount of stuff to do along side the main game. I’m 28% in and it’s been a blast, I can’t even remember the last time when time went by so fast. 10/10 pick it up
  13. Aug 14, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Absolutamente una joya de juego lo mejor de lo mejor, una obra maestra y un GOTY bien merecido. Me encanto. Expand
  14. Aug 14, 2022
    Однозначно лучшая игра на ПК по вселенной Marvel. .
  15. Aug 15, 2022
    Incredibly fun game, best story in any Spider-Man game yet. Villain choices are good and also leaves the door open for another bunch of great villains in a sequel. It's without a doubt more innovative and fun game than "God of War 2018" for example. GoW is just boring hack-n-slash, with annoying side-kick and lackluster bosses. Spider-Man is way better and possibly best game Sony has everIncredibly fun game, best story in any Spider-Man game yet. Villain choices are good and also leaves the door open for another bunch of great villains in a sequel. It's without a doubt more innovative and fun game than "God of War 2018" for example. GoW is just boring hack-n-slash, with annoying side-kick and lackluster bosses. Spider-Man is way better and possibly best game Sony has ever made, even tho Last of Us and Days Gone are also great. New York looks absolutely beautiful, it's like GTA 4 with modern graphics. Even tho i like GTA 4's darker look and vibe, this new version is great way to experience New York in a new light. My only issue with the game that i noticed is that almost all pedestrians wear some weird hats. Why? This doesn't look or feel realistic at all. Where's all the different hairstyles for men and women? Hopefully they fix this in the sequel, because right now, so many pedestrians look too similar. GTA never had this issue. Other than that, game is amazing, can't wait for the mods. Expand
  16. Aug 23, 2022
    If you played any Rocksteady Batman you already played this game, just a solid good game, nothing new here. The 2005 Ultimate Spider-Man was way more impactful when it came out.
  17. Aug 23, 2022

I like it even not being much fan of SPiderman and Marvel in general. This game is intresting to play.

Didn't review so high game for a long time. Gameplay and graphic is very good. What else you need? Recommend
  18. Aug 30, 2022
    i love the game.
    review:
    story: 9/10
    gameplay: 9/10
    combat: 10/10
    characters: 9/10
    peter parkers new face: 0/10 (not included in score)
    optimization: 9.4/10
  19. Aug 15, 2022
    Este videojuego me encantó, posee un mundo abierto muy entretenido de explorar y más con las telarañas de Spiderman, su historia es buena y deja con ganas de saber más, su jugabilidad es muy entretenida aunque lamentablemente tiene algunas misiones repetitivas pero el juego es asombroso
  20. Aug 20, 2022
    best game of spider mans games gameplay is amazing story is not bad but this collectables make me wanted to cry
  21. Aug 15, 2022
    Insomniac clearly said this game was never coming to PC. Never means never, but the devs were nice enough to bring it to PC! The generous developers made the remaster a mere $70s on PS5. Not even Ubisoft is that generous. Physics are still incredible.

There is still no multiplayer. There is still a ton of replayability though. Charging $60 for a game with such replay value is a biblical price. I recommend this game to all
  22. Aug 29, 2022
    This game on ps5 looks amazing and runs exceptionally smooth. I personally love the remaster way more than the first one.
  23. Aug 15, 2022
    Game play is legit fun, optimisation is **** sometimes. Story is complete predictable comic book bs but cant complain. 60$ is too much imo for 20 hour game with 10 hour main story
    Perfect mediocrity
  24. Aug 15, 2022
    At first, I was praying to the universe that this game would get a PC release. And then we get something even better - the remaster!

Starting the game, you can already tell that the graphics are gorgeous. Every pixel seems to be perfectly made for the player to enjoy the incredibly beautiful world of Marvel's Spider-Man. But it doesn't stop there. The sound and music, combined with flawless controls, result in a very immersive experience - ranging from calm and casual swinging through the city, all the way to nerve-wrecking action.

The story doesn't leave much to wish for. It's a well written Spidey-piece, and I'll just say it - better than many superhero movies we've seen (looking at you Sony, with your Morbius and Venom crap!). Character development, story progression and the occasional feeling of hopelessness are something Spider-fans are used to by now, but this game made us experience it even more personally.

All in all, this is probably one of my favorite games, maybe even my all-time favorite, ever!
  25. Aug 15, 2022
    Best version of the game! Runs really good on a Steam Deck, keep them coming Sony!
  26. Aug 22, 2022
    Get this stupid, unrealistic, ding-dong, Sony marked idiot out of my face and keep him out. Spider-Man was always a stupid character designed for low life people that believe a delusion that their life is going to get better if they get bit by a radioactive spider. Don't worry. Let me continue it gets better. This game is overrated, repetitive garbage that's about as exciting andGet this stupid, unrealistic, ding-dong, Sony marked idiot out of my face and keep him out. Spider-Man was always a stupid character designed for low life people that believe a delusion that their life is going to get better if they get bit by a radioactive spider. Don't worry. Let me continue it gets better. This game is overrated, repetitive garbage that's about as exciting and strategical as sitting on ice cream and guessing what flavor it is. Spider-Man's annoying, and overdone Nathan Drake behavior really proves that Sony has one card to play over and over again. Expand
  27. Aug 17, 2022
    I could write a lot of things, briefly - I'm disappointed
    2/10 port port port
  28. Aug 14, 2022
    It's a good game, not incredible, but good - a real product of its time. The combat is essentially Batman Arkham Asylum but a TINY bit better. The story so far is really yawn-inducing and the graphics are... average. I like swinging through the city but then I have to button mash through generic enemies which really disrupts the fun factor. I dunno man... God of War PC really spoiled itIt's a good game, not incredible, but good - a real product of its time. The combat is essentially Batman Arkham Asylum but a TINY bit better. The story so far is really yawn-inducing and the graphics are... average. I like swinging through the city but then I have to button mash through generic enemies which really disrupts the fun factor. I dunno man... God of War PC really spoiled it for me, that story was incredible with brilliant and deep combat. This just seems like Sony fanboys were hyping it up too much. On PC, there are much better games so perhaps only buy this when it's 50% off. Expand
  29. Sep 1, 2022
    The game is really getting cringe when you play, im playing on the easiest mode and enemies are so hard. I have no idea about how to tell what i mean but it just so hard, they are not even letting me move.
  30. Aug 14, 2022
    Optimization developers have decided not to bring, let's wait, maybe it will appear next.

Because at the moment my nVidia RTX 3070TI feels awkward after 45 FPS with RTX turned on, it's so long time since my graphics card was humiliated by insects
  31. Aug 13, 2022
    It's one thing to be misleading, but to flat out lie about a product is a literal scam. Insomniac clearly said it was never coming to PC. Never means never. How hard was it for these greedy developers to say "we have no plans". This was clearly a pathetic attempt at scamming PC players to buy the game twice and a PS4 console. They also said that to make their fanboys brag aboutIt's one thing to be misleading, but to flat out lie about a product is a literal scam. Insomniac clearly said it was never coming to PC. Never means never. How hard was it for these greedy developers to say "we have no plans". This was clearly a pathetic attempt at scamming PC players to buy the game twice and a PS4 console. They also said that to make their fanboys brag about exclusivity. The greedy developers locked the remaster behind a $70 paywall on PS5. Not even Ubisoft is that greedy. Physics are still horrible.

There is still no multiplayer. So once you beat the story, there is literally not a reason to play this game again. Charging $60 for a game with no replay value is a cash grab. And the greedy developers had the audacity charge $60 rather than $50 like normally. I only recommend you get this game until it's $10 or less.

PS. 404 Not Found again. Fix your site Metacritic.
  32. Aug 14, 2022
    игра Marvels SpiderMan Remastered очень плохо оптимизирована под PC вчера поиграл нормально в некоторых местах города дика просидал кадры с 160 до 30 а сегодня играл и работает через пятую точку я всё настраивал эфект один и тот же падает с 160 до 10-20 кадров у меня система требования
    1)NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12gb
    2)AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor 3.20 8ядер 12 потока. 3)ддр4
    1)NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12gb
    2)AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Processor 3.20 8ядер 12 потока.
    3)ддр4 16gb 3200 чистота.
    Моник 144ггц 1920х1080
    надеюсь что игру нормально оптимизируют даже для RTX тросировки лучей
  33. Aug 26, 2022
    Блин, ребят, это реально кал, из интересного только постановка катсцен и один бой в тюрьме и то 2 минуты длился который, графика средняя, но графика не главное вообще, главное - геймплей, которого нет по сути, унылые комбо, унылая прокачка, минимум веселья, это я про стелс отвратный ещё не говорил(на аванпостах нельзя просто взять и всех застелсить потому что там несколько волн(!)).Блин, ребят, это реально кал, из интересного только постановка катсцен и один бой в тюрьме и то 2 минуты длился который, графика средняя, но графика не главное вообще, главное - геймплей, которого нет по сути, унылые комбо, унылая прокачка, минимум веселья, это я про стелс отвратный ещё не говорил(на аванпостах нельзя просто взять и всех застелсить потому что там несколько волн(!)). Аванпосты те же вышки; некоторые миссии из допок в принципе изобретательны, но максимально сухие, сюжет кал. Вспомните Shattered Dimensions, нынешнему паучку до него срать и срать, как по геймлею, так и по визуальному стилю, с которым у игры всё на троечку, да и игра на 3/10, теперь хоть знаем каким калом кормят консольных гэймеров Expand
  34. Aug 25, 2022
    When you hear spider-man, what do you think of? pipe puzzle? stealth mission as a normal person who can't fight or run? more stupid puzzle? annoying useless girlfriend? because Marvel's Spider-man is all of that but with a little bit of fun time when you can actually play as Spider-man
  35. Aug 21, 2022
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
  36. Aug 27, 2022
    Игру условно можно поделить на 3 части. Первая треть игры - когда ты просто дико кайфуешь от всего что происходит на экране. Вторая треть игры - когда репетативный геймплей и сюжет начинают утомлять. Ну и последняя треть - когда игра тебя уже откровенно достала, но бросать не хочется.
    Из сильных сторон хотелось бы выделить боёвку (динамичная, глубокая, красивая), перемещение (кому вообще нужен фаст трэвел?), город (хотя наслаждаться видами не получится, так как каменные джунгли не очень красивые) и режиссура (которой преступно мало).
    Из слабостей, репетативный геймплей ( хотя отдам должное, его пытались разнообразить), до смешного плохой сюжет который смешил и выбешивал в равной степени, моменты когда мы играем за Мэри Джейн и Майлза(их над было вырезать нахрен), скучные побочки, миллион тупых активностей и общая детскость происходящего.
    Немного о сюжете: клишированный, глупый. О персонажах: 90% из них плоские и скучные, а некоторые (как та очень сильная и очень независимая из Соболя), бесят до скрежета в зубах. Злодеи кажутся интересными только на первый взгляд. Например нам пытаются приподнести Мистера Негатива как неоднозначного персонажа, жертву обстоятельств. И это бы работало, если бы он и его люди не занимались терроризмом и не убивали мирных. Про миллион до смешного тупых моментов, даже говорить не хочется. Однако, есть и сильные эпизоды, например (КРИТИЧЕСКИЙ СПОЙЛЕР), смерть тёти Мэй. Великолепно срежиссировано, отлично раскрывает персонаж Питера, который пожертвовал семьёй ради сотен других. По большому счёту, этот момент - единственный который мне понравился.
    Если выбирать межу ИГРАТЬ и НЕ ИГРАТЬ - выбор однозначно ИГРАТЬ. Однако не ждите от игры ничего особенного. Крепкий средняк, не более.
  37. Aug 15, 2022
    Игра выглядит великолепно, но есть проблемы с оптимизацией: изменение настроек почти не влияет на fps, dlss прибавляет максимум 5-7 кадров, даже в режиме ультрапроизводительность, сама игра очень не стабильна, на моей rtx 2060 на ультрах без rtx и dlss у меня 55 fps и просадки до 40, видеокарта загружается всего на 80 %, хотя упора не в процессор, ни в памяти нет. Надеюсь с патчами всеИгра выглядит великолепно, но есть проблемы с оптимизацией: изменение настроек почти не влияет на fps, dlss прибавляет максимум 5-7 кадров, даже в режиме ультрапроизводительность, сама игра очень не стабильна, на моей rtx 2060 на ультрах без rtx и dlss у меня 55 fps и просадки до 40, видеокарта загружается всего на 80 %, хотя упора не в процессор, ни в памяти нет. Надеюсь с патчами все проблемы исправят. Expand
  38. Aug 15, 2022
    Устаревшее, нудное, так ещё и для детей до 13 лет. Один из скучнейших и тупейших гейплеев за последнее время...
  39. Sep 18, 2022
    It's a spider man game. what else do you want? they made a good game with brilliant combat and swings. It was a decent spider man story. So just go and play it.
  40. Aug 26, 2022
    Отличный геймплей, средний сюжет, иногда надоедающие бесконечные драки, но игра проходиться на одном дыхании. Если хотите во что-то поиграть, то это хороший вариант, это игра в своем начальном понимании, она притягивает именно геймплеем.Отличный геймплей, средний сюжет, иногда надоедающие бесконечные драки, но игра проходиться на одном дыхании. Если хотите во что-то поиграть, то это хороший вариант, это игра в своем начальном понимании, она притягивает именно геймплеем.
  41. Aug 24, 2022
    as a spider-man fan, I was very disappointed. Technical sector certainly of a high level but seeing that insomniac has simply copied many things that ubisoft had done made me shudder. Not to mention the superficial, banal and hasty story. it's the first spider game that disappointed me so much that I didn't want to buy sequels.
  42. Aug 15, 2022
    Didn't quite make me feel like the "Neighbourhood Friendly" Spider-man. Pretty good game, with most negatives coming from repetitive open world tropes.
  43. Aug 22, 2022
    я гей а питер паркер не гей поэтому 0/10000000 да-пизда
    Россия - священная наша держава,
    Россия - любимая наша страна.
    Могучая воля, великая слава -
    Твое достоянье на все времена!
    ЗА РУСЬ - УСРУСЬ
  44. Aug 24, 2022
    Good story and graphics, great optimization. The game's mechanics are something out of the ordinary for all Spider-Man games in general. By the way, thanks to the PlayStation players for the beta test.
  45. Sep 23, 2022
    Spiderman: Remastered is one of Sony’s big PS4 era games. It combines Spider-Man’s web-swinging and wall-crawling movement with the Batman Arkham games’ combat systems, where you have a bunch of spider gadgets for combat along with your brawling, and you fight groups of thugs/armed goons/etc. in simplistic but flashy combat.

Unfortunately, not only have there been four Batman Arkham

Unfortunately, not only have there been four Batman Arkham games at this point, but the actual core gameplay is surprisingly not great. The problem is that while Spider-Man is fun to control, and Spiderman is better to play as than Batman in terms of fluid movement and mobility, it all ends up highlighting a big problem – the combat system is ultimately pretty shallow, and making Spider-Man even more powerful than Batman makes the combat even more trivial – all the more so after playing four Batman: Arkham games.

The game leans very heavily on brawling combat, which was always the worst thing about Batman Arkham style combat, and the enemy variety isn’t great – there’s basically thugs, thugs with weapons, thugs with guns, thugs with shields, big guys, guys with magic swords, guys with magic whips, and flying guys. For a game as long as Spider-Man, that’s not all that many enemy types, and while there are four “gangs” of enemies, they are all pretty similar in a lot of ways, particularly as far as basic goons go.

The predator style sections aren’t great because the environments, by and large, aren’t great; the starting sequence is cool, but most of the game is honestly pretty dull environmentally, making the predator sequences not all that interesting. Moreover, because Spider-Man is so powerful, he can actually fight guys with guns in the open, meaning that messing up a predator sequence or simply ignoring it in favor of fighting it out is an option – and it makes these sequences nowhere near as tense as they were in the Arkham games.

Add this to the fact that, unlike in the Batman games where the villains were constantly taunting you while their goons were going at you, here it is just normal enemy callouts, which get even more repetitive given how much busywork there is in the game.

The net result of all this is that most of the core gameplay of the game wears thin pretty fast. Moving around the city is reasonable enough, but it isn’t enough, and the novelty of Spider-Man’s moveset wears off after not all that long.

Added to this is the core problem with the Arkham style combat – difficulty in making good bosses. This game really struggles with it, and several of the boss fights are glorified quick-time events. While there are a few bosses that are more than this, there’s honestly not many bosses at all – only ten, and four of them are basically repeats. And none of them are very good – they all tend to be very simple and repetitive.

The result, then, is that the game relies heavily on its story… but it kind of falls down there, too.

Playing as Peter Parker, the snarky, wise-cracking Spider-Man, you play in an open world version of New York City, specifically Manhattan. Like 90% of open world games, the open world is just boring distractions – there’s a lot of “stuff” out in the world, but most of it is not that interesting, and is basically padding and does little to nothing to contribute to the story. And yet the game contains vast amounts of this stuff, as if it would be fun to do 20 gang hideouts that are highly similar and only really have like four unique lines of dialogue. Spider-Man giving witty quips is fun; Spider-Man fighting piles and piles of goons over and over again without any interesting verbal interplay is not.

The core plot contains nine different villains, but you only spend enough time with two of them to really get much out of them. Unfortunately, even there, their motivations are very shallow, and almost all of the enemies basically boil down to “guy who is angry all the time” in terms of characterization. While they have different gimmicks, they just aren’t that interesting as characters, and given the importance of good villains to superheroes, that’s quite the issue. The Batman Arkham games leaned heavily on the Joker for a reason, but Batman’s rogue’s gallery is just more interesting than Spider-Man’s, and this game, despite being an “original” Spider-Man story, doesn’t actually do anything to make the bad guys particularly interesting. Doctor Octavius is the most interesting of the lot, but he ends up feeling like “Generic revenge-driven mad scientist” almost all the time.

It tries to introduce Miles Morales a ways into the game, but he’s kind of bland compared to Spider-Man, lacking his powers and feeling a bit generic in terms of characterization. MJ works better, but the missions where you play as her are not great, as you end up with very restricted movement and there’s not a strong story payoff, though she wasn’t a bad character overall.
  46. Aug 24, 2022
    Story: 10/10 I don't know a ton about the lore etc., but the story(ies) are engaging, fun and extremely well done. Tons of characters new and old that draw you into the world, and it really is a world.

Graphics: 10/10 What can I say, I am usually harsh when (if I bother to) review a game but this game takes the cake for me. The game was well crafted before the remaster but the addition of raytracing and other upgrades have made the world seem quite real and probably the best cityscape I have played. Looking inside a window and seeing it rendered adds a lot, it's the little things. I played this quite "cranked" with only a RTX 2080s and the game responded very well.

Sound: 10/10 From JJ to all the npc dialogue to environment and all around the soundtrack are all perfectly done.

Overall I can't really think of anything to detract from this game and I am only maybe 60% in the main story. I haven't even touched any DLC.
  47. Aug 17, 2022
    One of the best superhero games I have ever played, I feel so bad for never getting a PS4 in order to play this. but I'm just happy I got to experience the best version of it on PC.

Spider-man remastered feels like a much needed breath of fresh air from all the downright boring games releasing lately. I have not been able to put down my controller since I started and I have to admit I have embarrassingly put in 5-6 hours a day since I started. Spider-man is so enthralling it keeps sucking you back in, the game has zero microtransactions, NONE! and that is so uncommon that it made me forget what a full game felt like where I wasnt nickel and dimed for cosmetics.

Just buy the effing game!! Stop listening to the people giving this a negative review. Those are Sony fanboys who got made that Spider-Man got onto the PC.
  48. Oct 4, 2022
    Pretty good, nice game. But many of the mechanics (towers, gathering, repetitive side quests, etc.) feel outdated or unnecessary and wasted.
    It feels like the developers were afraid to release a game with a good but short story, so they filled it with a huge amount of unnecessary and quickly boring content.

I would rate it at 7.5, but still it's closer to 7 than to a solid 8.
  49. Aug 28, 2022
    Отличная игра, и на ПК оптимизация замечательная. Геймплей увлекательный, сюжет интересный, графон суперский. Для меня, в игре всего 2 минуса:
    1) Дибильные моменты со стелсом за Мери Джейн и Майлза Моралеса
    2) Скучное собирательство в открытом мире. Но в целом, минусы не такие уж критичные и игра просто супер
    1) Дибильные моменты со стелсом за Мери Джейн и Майлза Моралеса
    2) Скучное собирательство в открытом мире.
    Но в целом, минусы не такие уж критичные и игра просто супер
  50. Aug 17, 2022
    I really like this game, I don't have PS4, but now when game released on PC I can play in this masterpiece. Thanks for this game!
  51. Sep 28, 2022
    I think this game is very good. The graphics are very good with rtx on. The story is different than movies and comics. I like the story part very much. Side-missions are good but some kind of missions are very repetetive and boring. The optimization is good. I played with rtx-2070 and my fps is generally more than 60. The mechanics are very good and we have too many gears. Specially two ofI think this game is very good. The graphics are very good with rtx on. The story is different than movies and comics. I like the story part very much. Side-missions are good but some kind of missions are very repetetive and boring. The optimization is good. I played with rtx-2070 and my fps is generally more than 60. The mechanics are very good and we have too many gears. Specially two of the gears are very good for main actions. In this game, we have too many costumes. If you have a dlcs, you can use suits from movies like amazing spider-man, sam raimi suit or marvel version suits. Expand
  52. Aug 25, 2022
    ====================IIIIIIIIII GAME SCORE : 83 IIIIIIIIII====================
  53. Sep 11, 2022
    +10 because every game could be a 10

+10 because every game could be a 10

+1 if you are a spiderman fanboy, you can end the review right here. Which, if you are a spiderman game, is certainly a good thing. it has all the peter-parkering you could wish for, including a wide variety of suits and gadgets I've never seen in anything, because I only watched the McGuire and Tom Holland movies, so I guess they are going all in on the comics and Garfield-movies as well.

It is full of iconic villains and soundtracks and characters, and you get to play one of the most lovable heroes I know, and he is presented exactly like that. I liked him before, and I liked him even more after playing the game.

-2 unfortunately the things that you actually do as Spiderman are very limited. You swing around between story missions - later you can fast travel, but since

+1 the swinging around is great I don't know why you would - and there is a wide variety of icons that will have you swing around some more to catch things or throw things or fight things for reasons that are well explained, but don't change the fact that you are always doing the same thing.

-1 you are doing all the interesting stuff in cutscenes, which means that you actually don't get to do them. If you like to watch TV instead of playing the game this is totally fine, it's just that I hate being pushed into the passenger seat. If I want to watch a movie, I watch a movie; if I want to play a game I want to do stuff. ALL the stuff. I don't want to be Andrew McHolland's stunt double who never gets to do the really cool scenes and instead gets beaten up at lot because

-0.5 the controls with keyboard and mouse are great, except when they are not, and they suddenly decide to not respond. It really doesn't happen a lot, but in a game with the Batman-Arkham-Combat, where a single miss will turn you from a wonderfully animated kickboxing machine into a wonderfully animated tumbling mess of broken limbs, it is really aggravating when it happens because the controls have given up on you.

-0.5 Too many quick time events boss fights and big action sequences. If you like QTE, disregard this, but to me they are the worst compromise between cutscenes and gameplay, resulting in underwhelming gameplay and a movie that you can't enjoy because there are button prompts in the way.

+/- 0 New York looks great, but does not outshine other sandbox cities. It's mostly in your way while you swing from A to B, and a nightmare for those of us who like to complete things. You just cleaned up all the icons and collected all the things in a district? You are just one side mission or progress in the main quest away from it being covered in new icons that want to be collected or fought or both. If you like quantity in your game, this is clearly great. If you like variety... not so much.

+/-0 Which always leaves me a little depressed. A whole, wonderfully modelled and presented metropolis with all those great landmarks and it turns into little more than a shooting range, even if you are shooting webs. Some more interactivity would have been greatly appreciated - some more Peter Parker out of costume maybe? This way there is a certain disconnect between one of the greatest places on earth and the stuff that you, the player, are doing. You get to photograph the landmarks on the flyby, but that's it.

-0.5 which might be one of the reasons why the actual story didn't do a lot for me. It's not well paced, and it feels drawn out, and the fact that you will spend a lot of time fuffing around does not help with that, which is always the problem with main quests in sandboxes. And while there are lot of game mechanics and progress bars and unlocks, it feels more like a web than something complete, and it really doesn't feed into the story at all.

+0.5 which is a lot of nitpicking in an otherwise very polished experience with great production values in one of the better, probably even one of the best PC ports I've seen in a long time.
  54. Aug 30, 2022
    Yes, I've played this game for a good number of hours. Obviously the game is completely "copy". Of what? Batman Arkham series, quests, mechanics, combats etc are all a huge copy and paste. In fact, the "fingerprint collection" quest is almost exactly the same! What a waste of money!
  55. Aug 25, 2022
    I'm like crazy on this game. It's all simply excellent.
    The production and gameplay is very good.
  56. Aug 19, 2022
    booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom
  57. Sep 28, 2022
    Another game from Sony, another PlayStation exclusive, was released on the best platform - PC, namely Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered.

In general, I can give the game 8 out of 10. We are waiting for Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales on PC.
  58. Aug 16, 2022
    Игра мне очень понравилась. Пожалуй, я ожидал чуть большего, чего-то принципиально нового. Идеальное начало снизилось до недотягивающего до идеала под конец. В любом случае даже просто полетать по Нью-Йорку с бешеной скоростью, почувствовать эту свободу действий и легкость повествования приятно. Это однозначно стоящая игра для фанатов паука и Марвел.Игра мне очень понравилась. Пожалуй, я ожидал чуть большего, чего-то принципиально нового. Идеальное начало снизилось до недотягивающего до идеала под конец. В любом случае даже просто полетать по Нью-Йорку с бешеной скоростью, почувствовать эту свободу действий и легкость повествования приятно. Это однозначно стоящая игра для фанатов паука и Марвел.
  59. Aug 29, 2022
    +Combat
    +Traversing
    +Visuals +Cinematics are really well made __________________________ -Story, if you are like 15 years old or you don't think too much about it it's fine, otherwise might be hard to follow because it has a serious amount of plot holes -Superficial world design -Mission design might be the worst I've seen in recent years in an open world game, insane amounts of
    +Combat
    +Traversing
    +Visuals
    +Cinematics are really well made
    __________________________
    -Superficial world design
    -Mission design might be the worst I've seen in recent years in an open world game, insane amounts of repetitive actions in every mission, and around 75% of them feel boring as hell
    -Acting, besides the main characters the performances fall flat
  60. Sep 26, 2022
    I'd prefer more involved swinging mechanics and a deeper and better story, there were times when it didn't even make sense, too many puzzles just for the sake of it, blind enemies, a very repetitive "Bases" theme, didn't innovate much in terms of a Spiderman game other than the graphics but it's a dream come true either way for spidey fans so take my 9/10 but I got my eye on you, Marvel'sI'd prefer more involved swinging mechanics and a deeper and better story, there were times when it didn't even make sense, too many puzzles just for the sake of it, blind enemies, a very repetitive "Bases" theme, didn't innovate much in terms of a Spiderman game other than the graphics but it's a dream come true either way for spidey fans so take my 9/10 but I got my eye on you, Marvel's Spider-man 2, you better not play it as safe. Expand
  61. Sep 30, 2022
    Best game i ever played, i finished the game 2 times, the graphics, the story, the gameplay, the fights, all amazing
  62. Aug 17, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is incredible, even just throwing a web is very enjoyable, I'm not talking about beating the guys, even after you finish the story of the game, you can even play it, it's so enjoyable. Expand
  63. Aug 30, 2022
    Racism in the 21st century is amazing! Free countries that insist that everyone is equal are hypocritically denying access to all Russians who are not even related to current events. I have never supported wars, but why should I be held responsible for those responsible? You spit on your constitution! The policy of double standards is the norm for you. I hope you lose a lot of money forRacism in the 21st century is amazing! Free countries that insist that everyone is equal are hypocritically denying access to all Russians who are not even related to current events. I have never supported wars, but why should I be held responsible for those responsible? You spit on your constitution! The policy of double standards is the norm for you. I hope you lose a lot of money for depriving gamers of honestly buying games, and according to statistics in Russia, almost 80% of players return to torrents! Expand
  64. Sep 28, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. fan game . I am not a fan I won't be playing this again .
    familiar to prototype , and for justice sake , the game looks like childish . I don't like fist vs gun , the desire to rob a gun cause me uncomfortable . maybe it said the entire game a show , the bad guys were all paid actors , they use airsoft nobody die ... I am not sure spiderman is genius or dumbass , he beat the guys in the car and use rude force to stop a moving vehicle , in GTA or prototype you can hijacking a vehicle stop it safely . so my conclusion is that spiderman are here for showing how great he is . this is a truman world for spiderman . fiction and fake fight . if there are no so many terrorist and bad guys , there's no need a spiderman too . speaking in another way , somebody expecting crimes , no crime no hero . just like hire a guy harassing a girl then the payer show up fight and rescue . too obvious . it looks this game anti-GTA or Payday , but no freedom no choice , in GTA you can choice to be a good guy or bad guy up to you . in spiderman you have to be the only spiderway .
    the battle system is boring , it feels like a combat game like Mortal Kombat X . 1 fight 1 , 1 fight 5 , 1 fight 10 . but same , no change . I notice that the setting have a puzzle skip option . well then , designers have already admited the puzzles are unnecessary . this game may achieve the things other game does , beautiful graphic , smooth battle system , amazing BGM , big map . but playable(enjoyable) can not be promised
    rope hanging fast travel view is funny , good one .
    peter is little fresh meat , the suit is sexy . but I prefer a spider woman would be better . let me declare myself player are not peter ,I am the one who setting behind monitor , I can not even choice which one is my girl friend ,Role Playing Game I may cosplay but not Infect me chunibyou .
  65. Aug 30, 2022
    =============
    only worth 50 dollar
    =============
    - 12-18 hours.
    -overrated game very rebitive gameplay, missions and lvl design.
    -scripted stupid bosses and stealth was bad
    -only good was graphic, dev respect spiderman, animation and last mission.
    -if u very fan spiderman or ubisoft open world games go for it.
  66. Aug 16, 2022
    Игра просто шикарна, совсем не жаль что ждал столько, 60 фпс на средне-высоких даже н моём ноутбуке, это невероятно
  67. Aug 16, 2022
    Это просто БУМ а не игра, такого сюжета я НИГДЕ не видел. Полеты на паутине просто бум , короче просто игра ПУШКА
  68. Sep 16, 2022
    One of the best spider-man games. It has good graphics (the pc port is very well optimized), good story, New York looks really good too, only negative that i can think of are collectibles. Why do you need to put 10 different collectibles in the game (maybe even more).
  69. Aug 24, 2022
    A lot of bugs here and there. Some visual, others that break the action or even require a return to the last checkpoint, a mission (spider-hack) is even impossible to do if you have more than 60 FPS! (devs are aware about this one and are fixing it... but how did it pass when the game release?)

But it's still bugs, so it's fixable, no doubt that in a few weeks/months, the game will be bug free.

Otherwise the story is quite nice even if I expected more from the hype the game generated, the side missions are quite redundant but it's still ok, I have 100% the main campaign in ~26 hours. On the "Spectacular" difficulty level, the game is really not difficult, the boss fights are stylish but the difficulty is almost non-existent. Maybe in New Game+ and/or max difficulty, but I doubt that apart from adding damage and HP to the enemies, it doesn't change much. Especially since Spidey's gadgets are quite broken, why base the difficulty on damage and HP when you can web shoot to the walls 10 enemies in a row?

The challenges are really not crazy, especially the Screwball ones that I find REALLY POOR, it's a stopgap.

I will, despite everything, have a hard time not recommending Marvel's Spider-Man (Remastered), I had a good time overall, the story, although a little predictable and a little overhyped, is still quite correct for a Spider-Man game. Visually it is very nice and the web swinging is obviously a success. There are a lot of gap-fillers and redundancy in the side missions, challenges etc., but there are still 3 stories to play after the main one, which is pretty cool (although from what I've seen, they also have their gap-fillers, completionists will appreciate that I guess...)
  70. Aug 26, 2022
    This is one of the only games where the random crime encounters are as good as the main story. No matter where I was going or what was happening whenever that crime icon popped up I NEEDED to go to it. The combat is very good and other then the optimization for the ray tracing it is still a great game.
  71. Sep 3, 2022
    amazing graphics, memorable characters and combat similar to batman arkham series but even + the game MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE SPIDER-MAN
  72. Sep 3, 2022
    It's a fun game for a few hours but then gets that same Sony formula that feels stolen from Ubisoft, too much pointless open world stuff and repetitive gameplay makes this game not as fun as it could have been
  73. Sep 1, 2022
    Fun game, great graphics, web-slinging is fun. Bit repetitive with the missions and side missions but ah well, it's just fun to play as Spider-man.
  74. Sep 1, 2022
    Story isn't that intriguing. Combat and swinging mechanisms are really good. Though couldn't let go of the arkham vibes since gameplay and combat system are too similar. None of the characters were fleshed out except for MJ and aunt may. Whole game feels like a DLC and for the DLCs, those are just side quests. Graphics are good except for Peter parker(Remastered version).
  75. Sep 1, 2022
    Possibly the most overrated franchise ever made this game is fun for about 15 minutes... ooh swinging... then nothing but boring..
  76. Sep 9, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Marvel`s Spider-Man Remastered
    Я ждал эту игру ещё в 2018.Но когда узнал что она выйдет только на PS4 я расстроился так как этой консоли у меня не было. С тех пор прошло 4 года и наконец-то эта игра выходит на ПК. Она стала поводом снова окунуться в паучатину. Но давайте по порядку.
    Сюжет
    Сюжет в игре отличный. Я рад что они не сделали очередную историю становления. Нет. Зато они хорошо раскрыли ключевых героев и злодеев. Чего только стоят Доктор Октавиус и Мистер Негатив. Сейчас во многих играх можно выбирать концовку, но этого здесь нет, и это хорошо, потому что это история про супергероя, а в истории про супергероя друних концовок и не надо. Так же хотел бы затронуть доп-квесты. Они довольно разнообразные. То спаси район от химикатов, то найти послание от чёрной кошки, то голубя поймать. Вообщем неплохо.
    Геймплей
    Это самое лучшее что есть в игре. Особенно боёвка. Куча разнообразных приёмов, всё выглядит динамично и круто. Они даже перемещение сделали таким крутым, что я ни разу в игре не пользовался быстрым перемещением. Хотелось просто смотреть на эти прыжки, раскачку, отскоки, бег по стенам и тд.
    Графика
    Выглядит игра невероятно красиво. Особенно когда поднимаешься на высотку и от туда виден весь Манхэттен. Не знаю но они кажется добавили какой то фильтр из за которого игра особенно днём, выглядит потрясающе. Так же видно что они по максимуму пытались перенести реальный Нью Йорк в свою игру. И у них это вышло.
    Анимация
    Тут много не будет потому что я не очень разбираюсь в 3D анимации и никогда не обращаю на такое внимания в играх. Здесь она плавная, хорошая и приятна глазу.
    Итог
    Я очень рад что такую крутую игру портировали на ПК. И портировали круто. Думаю купить себе геймпад для PS4 и подключить его к компу, что бы играть более комфортно. А сама игра однозначно заслуживает игры года.
    Вердикт 10/10
    Жду ремастер Майлза Моралеса.
  77. Sep 21, 2022
    Great gameplay, graphics, and very cinematic feeling music. Swinging around New York City is such a fun experience, especially as you improve and learn more advanced techniques. The combat is really smooth and satisfying, and there's s many little things to pick up around the city, I can't even begin to stress. However, the game lacks a memorable narrative, and gets to feel reallyGreat gameplay, graphics, and very cinematic feeling music. Swinging around New York City is such a fun experience, especially as you improve and learn more advanced techniques. The combat is really smooth and satisfying, and there's s many little things to pick up around the city, I can't even begin to stress. However, the game lacks a memorable narrative, and gets to feel really repetitive and almost like a chore in its later hours. Its villains all fell flat for me, and none of the characters felt really compelling. Despite my gripes with the game, it truly is a great game, and I can't give it anything below an 8. (Played the PS5 remaster) Expand
  78. Sep 18, 2022
    Game itself is fantastic, easily best Spider-Man game ever made. Story, graphics, voice acting, open-world design- everything is just top tier for a Spider-Man game. I would highly recommend this, if you have ever cared about Spider-Man. Swinging around the city feels so smooth even with Keyboard+Mouse. I was worried how these controls work on Keyboard and Mouse, and I have to say, surprisingly well. There are lots of different moves and buttons, so it might take like a few minutes to learn everything, but after that it is great experience. Also, for PC, easily one of the best releases in 2022.
  79. Sep 23, 2022
    Once again PlayStation offers PC users an excellent adaptation of a great title. Marvel's Spider-Man is arguably the best and most faithful Amazing Spider-Man game to date.

To make this version, its creators have taken into account the specific needs of PC users and I can't think of any features that we can miss in it. Full review in Spanish:

Full review in Spanish: https://pcgamia.com/analisis/analisis-marvels-spider-man-pc/
  80. Sep 26, 2022
    it's really good game, it has quite interesting story, cool enemies. My only complaint is that the map fills up too quickly with too many tasks.
  81. Oct 6, 2022
    Откинувши кресло назад, сделав кофе и запускаю игру. И тут я погружаюсь в шедевр от Marvel и Sony. Графика, оптимизация, сюжет - идеальны. Игра для разгрузки мозгов и казуалов.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 64 Critic Reviews

1. Aug 31, 2022
    Marvel's Spider-Man was already a solid, entertaining, action-packed game with enough storylines to capture your imagination on PS4. The same thing happens with the PC version, but here you will have access to a series of graphic customization options that are not available on PS5. The experience is greatly improved thanks to the diversity of resolutions, making the game visually stunning and an experience that no one should miss.
  2. Aug 30, 2022
    Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered is a fantastic game full of classic Spider-Man charm, with fantastic movement and smooth combat that emphasizes the nature of the web-head. With a compelling story and good character moments, this reviewer is going to be very much looking forward to Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales when it comes to Steam, and Marvel's Spider-Man 2 when it finally releases. Here's hoping it will be soon.
    Spider-Man Remastered is another superb PC port from the PlayStation catalogue. Its combat and traversal systems flawlessly capture the feeling of playing as Spider-Man, but it does become somewhat repetitive quicker than you’d expect. Graphically, the game looks absolutely stunning, especially when utilising the RTX options. And while the audio design is remarkably well crafted, the games soundtrack does suffer from being unmemorable. Overall though, Spider-Man Remastered is massively entertaining. If you’re a fan of the Webhead, the MCU, or the Arkham games series, then this is a title worthy of checking out.