7.6

1. Jan 6, 2015
    Looks good plays good but its short and you should offer no praise for a pay for demo. Demos are supposed to be free that is the point of a demo to see if you want to pay for the game.
  2. Jan 21, 2015
    This is not a "game." It's a demo that took advantage the series' slightly retarded hardcore player base.

The main "game" can be beaten in less than an hour without actually working hard. I've seen Buck Hunter arcade games with more depth and better graphics.
  3. Jun 15, 2015
    I would expect this game to be awesome, as I've always been a fan of MGS games. But I am not really good at aiming with a controller anymore and changed my preference to any aiming games on PC.

But this is a warning to those that are left-handed to stay way. I wouldn't mind if we could sell our games. The keys that are impossible to bind on the keyboard are: Enter, Backspace,

The keys that are impossible to bind on the keyboard are:

Enter, Backspace, Insert, Delete, End, Home, my 2 side mouse buttons, my mouse wheel scrolls, the 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and the decimal point on my numberpad.

That's 21 bindings that have been removed from me. That never happens to those that can play with WASD, so it shouldn't be done for those that are left-handed. I have contacted Konami, hoping they will rectify this and I can play the game properly and give it a better review. But for now, I can't even play it.

I've found even the weapon selection is atrocious. You hold a button and press a direction on your keyboard. For that, we usually get the direction of our mouse movement, the mouse wheel or keys on the keyboard. This is just them replacing the d-pad selection from a controller.
  4. Dec 26, 2014
    Great PC Port for a demo, that's right, this is a demo, in fact I have played demo's longer than this, you can finish the entire main campaign in an average of 40mins depending on your skill, that's it, one mission, Some people have finished the entire game in less than 5mins, this is the most pathetic cash grab I have ever seen in history of cash grabs, EA have never even went this low.Great PC Port for a demo, that's right, this is a demo, in fact I have played demo's longer than this, you can finish the entire main campaign in an average of 40mins depending on your skill, that's it, one mission, Some people have finished the entire game in less than 5mins, this is the most pathetic cash grab I have ever seen in history of cash grabs, EA have never even went this low. Do not buy this, wait for The Phantom Pain. Its not worth 15 quid, its not worth 10, its not worth 5 or even anything, its a demo, it should be free, I can not believe that some people are defending this because its a good port, so this is what the world comes to, make it a good port and you win the PC fans over, don't even worry about content. Game play itself was fun enough, about 8/10 minus 8 because Konami have charged people money for a demo. Expand
  5. Dec 21, 2014
    Just when you thought the series can’t get any worse! If this huge “demo” is a glimpse of what the final product will be like then I’m very disappointed. Kojima made a big mistake when he decided to change Snake's voice. No one I believe will ever replace the voice of David Hayter.

Anyways here is my review on Graphics, Gameplay and audio: --- Gameplay: the inventory system is

Anyways here is my review on Graphics, Gameplay and audio:

---
    Gameplay: the inventory system is completely ruined and doesn't feel like MGS anymore. The old MGS games had a good and simple easy to use interface and map but here it just feels like a thing from a first person shooter!

Graphics: The game looks great on ultra-settings but performance suffers at some points. If you don't have a high end PC then you can play on medium setting but it doesn't look as good as the ultra. I'm sure they can do a better optimization than this.

Audio: David Hayter is not Snake anymore, this alone makes it a complete failure. The soundtrack is overall not as memorable as MGS1 and MGS2
    ---

I can't believe those who gave this game a high score... they're either lying to themselves or new to the MGS series because this is in no way what fans of the series wanted. If you loved the first 3 games you'll be very disappointed with this one. I hope Phantom pain will be better because this was as bad as MGS4
  6. Dec 25, 2014
    I loved the original Playstation version but this just looks out of date and has terrible clunky gameplay on the PC. I have a very high end PC (970 SLI, i7-5030k) running on a 4K monitor so I was a disappointed to see how average the graphics look, very plasticy. I have to say even the latest COD looks better. The game ran fine, but I think we have become too nostalgic in our admirationI loved the original Playstation version but this just looks out of date and has terrible clunky gameplay on the PC. I have a very high end PC (970 SLI, i7-5030k) running on a 4K monitor so I was a disappointed to see how average the graphics look, very plasticy. I have to say even the latest COD looks better. The game ran fine, but I think we have become too nostalgic in our admiration for MGS, the gameplay is awful compared to many AAA modern titles on the PC. Enemy AI is appalling, shoot one, the rest will obligingly wander over like chickens in some very basic AI routines. All the alert sounds are like the old MSG but sadly it seems the enemy AI routines are also old skool. The gun sight is also not precise, showing it console roots and makes firefights point and click spray affairs rather than tactical sharp ranged combat. I may be a bit harsh as I play a lot of Armed Assault so I expect more realistic gun play and ballistics but its truly dated and out of place in a big 2014 release. Im sorry to say based on this Id say MGS solids glory days are firmly locked into the past on consoles. I hope the final release proves me wrong as this is just disappointing. It should have stayed on consoles. Expand
  7. Dec 27, 2015
    Gameplay: 1 (Unplayable)
    Fun: 1 (You can't Have Fun)
    Story: 5 (Story is After World War 2)
    Cast: 7 (Great)
    Score: 0/10 (Due to no Easy Mode for me Only Hard Mode Unlocked from Start)

Overrated By All should got less then 7.8s
  8. Dec 18, 2014
    Unplayable on PC, what a shame:(

I just bought it, looked good until the intro was done. Soon I realized: 1) NO INVERTED MOUSE LOOK, the option is there but effectless 2) Mouse click is rendered as Gamepad click, you can not control menus with the mouse. 3) Everything is full of gamepad options, nothing for mouse. 4) The support on konami is unavailable for PC, only for the 4
    Unplayable on PC, what a shame:(

I just bought it, looked good until the intro was done.
    Soon I realized:
    1) NO INVERTED MOUSE LOOK, the option is there but effectless
    3) Everything is full of gamepad options, nothing for mouse.
    4) The support on konami is unavailable for PC, only for the 4 consoles they have, not for PC
    They did not even LIST the game to be available on PC.

As much as I would have liked to give a good review, I can not play it without inverted Y axis.
    As they do not offer customer support for PC players I can not give another review than 0.

If they manage to fix the above issues I'll try play the game and give it another rating than 0.
  9. Feb 14, 2016
    Its a nice game .... but still its just a demo, its one single map, thats all, i expected this to be a full game. So i am bit disappointed for that fact.
  10. Feb 4, 2017
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IF YOU ARE A LEFTY OR ARE A RIGHTY WHO DOES NOT USE WASD. This game has terrible controls because half of keyboard is unavailable to be rebound (almost the entire right side of the keyboard, the symbols such as comma, period, semi-colon etc cannot be used). I have never used WASD and do not plan to ever.

This game is so clearly a console-first and

This game is so clearly a console-first and PC-as-an-afterthought game that you cannot even use the mouse on the main menu. You don't even see your cursor on the menu (???? pretty wtf moment for me). You can't even bind extra mouse buttons or the scroll wheel.

Don't support games where developers are too lazy to allow you do something so simple as to bind keys to what you want. Game is completely unplayable as a lefty.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 18, 2015
    Ground Zeroes is a technically competent PC version of an entertaining, but unsatisfyingly short commercial demo level for the upcoming Phantom Pain, which leaves you wanting the whole thing. [Feb 2015]
  2. CD-Action
    Mar 4, 2015
    If you’re looking for a linear, cinematic experience, it’s not a game for you, but if you value freedom in approaching the challenge and find joy in tackling it in different ways to see what happens, Ground Zeroes is a must-have for you. Especially that the PC port’s quality is superb. [02/2015, p.67]
  3. Jan 26, 2015
    It’s more a playable Demo than a full-flavored game. Gameplay itself offers much stealth-variety and a fantastic atmosphere with great graphics and sound. The replay-value is nice and let the player try various playstyles. It’s a good appetizer for upcoming Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. Menus and are not optimized for pc, gamepad is recommended.