6.8

1. Aug 5, 2014
    Warning for the fans! Mind that the first reviews are done by registered CREATORS of the games. You will recognize them easily. They have only one review ever - this game...
  2. Sep 19, 2014
    good clever puzzle, very original and artistic graphic and rather interesting and original story = good game, small flaw: it doesn't have any hint system
  3. Aug 6, 2014
    First, I would like to let anyone reading this review know that this is a walking, puzzle based game. If you're looking for the next COD action shooter you can safely discount buying this game.

For the pros, I would like to start with the fact that this game is very aesthetically beautiful, and the environments within the game are a pleasure to look around and explore. The puzzles are more abstract than one might be used to (which I myself appreciated), and the learning curve of the game is sufficient to let people explore the nature of the puzzles and determine how they must manipulate them to reach their end goals. The puzzles themselves are clever, and are just difficult enough that when you finish them you feel a sense of satisfaction for having completed them. I very much enjoyed this aspect of the game. Lastly, the music is also quite beautiful and very much fit the atmosphere of poetic landscapes and dramatic scenery.

As for the cons, one of these could be considered the walking speed. Travel can be somewhat slow, and becomes more evident and exacerbated in some of the larger maps. Larger maps may take a full two to three minutes to actually explore in order to get a good look of the scenario you will be tackling, which can sometimes take even longer if you must find a puzzle sphere in order to get rid of fog or night (two elements of the game which reduce visibility). It would have been nice if the producer of the game had added a feature such as shift+walk for a faster-paced exploration of the elements if need be, however I didn't mind so much due to the aesthetic beauty of the landscapes. Another con is that the voice-acting can be a little bit cheesy. However, here too, I also felt there were enough positive aspects such as humor and poetic diction to detract from any ill feelings towards it.

Lastly, there are still a few minor glitches in the game. Some examples of this include when you are first introduce to puzzle spheres. If you haven't picked the sphere up by the time you walk far enough for the dialogue to start, you can no longer pick up the sphere and must exit and re-enter. Another example I encountered is when you must cross a small ravine by getting rid of a fog cloud. If you let go of the sphere on the side facing the ravine, it will launch your sphere across where you can no longer retrieve it, and you must restart. Over time I am sure that minor glitches such as these will be fixed, and those that I encountered were few and far between.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this game to those looking for a fun and beautiful puzzle game. Despite some of the flaws, it is incredible to believe that such a nice game was created by a single individual. Mind: Path of Thalamus was a pleasant surprise for me, and I would recommend it to people who like games that have similar features to portal or puzzle games of the like.
  4. Aug 7, 2014
    This game is absolutly GORGEOUS! The puzles may be too difficult in some points but the narrative, the voice actor, the landscapes, graphics... are amazing all together. This is probably the indie game of the year.
  5. Aug 7, 2014
    For those who like puzzle games will love this game, it's the type of game that requires patience and attention, the beautiful scenerios are very creative, not to mention the story that contains several interesting philosophies with the Stanley parable, journey, etc.Good game, worth !!!
  6. Aug 14, 2014
    This game shows how you can create something great if a person wants. A big video game of puzzles, without helps neither tutorial that make a great experience of game, i'm waiting a Spanish version.
  7. Aug 5, 2014
    Are you a fan of puzzle games and good narrative?
    If your answer is yes, buy mind NOW!
    dreamy landscapes, fantastic allegories, and a brilliant soundtrack.
    What else?
  8. Aug 14, 2014
    Awesome puzzle game. The visuals are just espectacular and the overall experience breathtaking. If you enjoyed Portal, Myst or Braid, this is your game. Totally worth the 13$ !
  9. Aug 5, 2014
    Amazing experience, and one of the most challenging games out there. Incredible and intriguing atmosphere from the guy that made the Warcelona mod for Left 4 Dead.
  10. Aug 5, 2014
    Following in the footsteps of games like Portal, Dear Esther or Journey, MIND: Path of Thalamus offers us a beautiful experience in first person, dream scenarios and game mechanics based on solving puzzles (originals and challenging alike). All accompanied by a script that really moved me throughout the adventure.

A game that risks in the proposal and becomes a breath of fresh air in

A game that risks in the proposal and becomes a breath of fresh air in the industry.
  11. Jun 1, 2016
    This game is awesome. I've played on pc version (no VR) and I still amazed with its landscapes. Artistically, MIND is better than other AAA games. You can enjoy the environment at your pace without hazards because it is a First Person Puzzler. No weapons, no enemies... only need to solve puzzles in order to know what did happen with Sophia.

If you want to discover what a redemption path

If you want to discover what a redemption path and like riddles and puzzles, do yourself a favour and play MIND: Path to Thalamus.
  12. Aug 16, 2014
    Un título muy interesante, que recoge conceptos de Portal, del Team ICO o de Gone Home para hacer una aventura de puzzles difícil y cautivadora. A destacar cómo juega con la manera de contar la trama y con los parajes tan chulos que presenta. Eso sí, no es para todos los públicos, solo para la gente que le guste probar experiencias nuevas a los mandos de un videojuego
  13. Sep 15, 2014
    I recommend this piece of art -for those who do not agree, please, search "art" in the dictionary first- to all those people who reject shallow experiences and who are keen on games like Portal or Antichamber. Despite such a ridiculous budget and the staffing thus scarce, the size of the roller coaster its developers have managed to get you into is, at least, breathtaking. In contrast, weI recommend this piece of art -for those who do not agree, please, search "art" in the dictionary first- to all those people who reject shallow experiences and who are keen on games like Portal or Antichamber. Despite such a ridiculous budget and the staffing thus scarce, the size of the roller coaster its developers have managed to get you into is, at least, breathtaking. In contrast, we may recall the recent release of "Destiny" a game for which millions of dollars have placed it as the most expensive cultural production ever and it hasn't even shaken the pillars on which games have always stood. While MIND: Path to Thalamus neither excels in bringing in something completely new, it surely does stand out in originality and world design, achievements that an overwhelming production like Destiny, could not afford at the same level. This does not only speak about the marvelous imagination of the witty minds behind the game but it also reveals that great endeavor was a key to the project.

Review:

A novelettish story sets you in a very well designed world combining puzzles and a grandeur and astonishing landscape. The soundtrack fits in perfectly. Convoluted puzzles are to be solved, even though, it might feel a bit easy for players used to the genre. Lastly, it does not lack the typical irony that involves Portal.

Don't refuse to try it.
  14. Nov 18, 2014
    Now this was a gem of a game I just happened to come across. This is a puzzle game. Players figure out puzzles by manipulating daylight, time, weather. The design of this game is the best part. The designer really got creative with some of the locations. Although, some locations required long periods of walking more than puzzle solving. With these very different design locations pacingNow this was a gem of a game I just happened to come across. This is a puzzle game. Players figure out puzzles by manipulating daylight, time, weather. The design of this game is the best part. The designer really got creative with some of the locations. Although, some locations required long periods of walking more than puzzle solving. With these very different design locations pacing didn't feel natural. The sound effects are amazing in this game. The rain and thunder in particular were well done. This game uses the Unreal Engine 4 so the optimization of the game is great for PC. Optimization isn't perfect though, I had to force v-sync through Nvidia Control Panel since in game v-sync wouldn't take care of screen tearing. The voice acting in this game is average. Expand
  15. Jul 6, 2018
    Было интересно, захватывающе, прошёл за 3 дня. Графика - 9. В целом не плохая головоломка 10/10.

Generally favorable reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 18, 2015
    Nice, surrealistic puzzle game. [Feb 2015]
  2. Feb 11, 2015
    MIND is a great-looking first-person puzzler with a nice atmosphere and promising but flawed gameplay that’s often held hostage to a narrative that falls flat on its face.
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Oct 25, 2014
    Fascinating experiments with spheres are clouded by the vastness of locations, the lack of clues and ingenuity of puzzles. And if you get used eventually to the intricate brain-teasers with their dreamlike logic, then boring mumbling narrator keeps you annoyed until the very end. Hero spits stamps like a fifth-grader and cites quotes on about everything. But this is forgivable minus, because Carlos Coronado did programming, game design, script and music himself. And games that made with love are rarely bad. [Nov 2014, p.75]