6.8

1. Jul 6, 2018
    Было интересно, захватывающе, прошёл за 3 дня. Графика - 9. В целом не плохая головоломка 10/10.
  2. Oct 5, 2017
    It's an interesting game and a cool concept, but it wears out its welcome pretty quickly. I got bored of the game way too fast, because it's just too slow and there's not enough to do. Maybe I would've liked it more as a VR experience.
  3. Aug 8, 2017
    MIND: Path to Thalamus to intrygujący tytuł, który łączy w sobie cechy kilku gatunków - z zagadkami logicznymi na czele. Fabuła potrafi jednak momentami znużyć, a powtarzane wciąż monologi głównego bohatera nieźle zirytować. Ukończenie gry zajęło mi natomiast około 5 i pół godziny (gdyby nie zagadki logiczne, czas ten byłby zapewne o połowę krótszy). Historia opowiedziana w tej produkcjiMIND: Path to Thalamus to intrygujący tytuł, który łączy w sobie cechy kilku gatunków - z zagadkami logicznymi na czele. Fabuła potrafi jednak momentami znużyć, a powtarzane wciąż monologi głównego bohatera nieźle zirytować. Ukończenie gry zajęło mi natomiast około 5 i pół godziny (gdyby nie zagadki logiczne, czas ten byłby zapewne o połowę krótszy). Historia opowiedziana w tej produkcji nie jest w końcu aż taka zła, można było ją jednak nieco dopracować - tak, by szła w parze z całkiem niezłą rozgrywką. Nie każdy tytuł musi być przecież idealny, prawda? Wtedy szybko byśmy się nimi wszystkimi znudzili… Grę możecie nabyć tutaj.

Plusy:
    + surrealistyczny świat, który momentami wygląda rewelacyjnie
    + intrygujące i nieźle zaprojektowane lokacje
    + całkiem przyjemne zagadki logiczne
    + momentami ścieżka dźwiękowa i grafika

Minusy:
    – niedopracowany wątek fabularny
    – irytujące monologi głównego bohatera
    – finałowe starcie i zakończenie

Pełna recenzja dostępna jest na blogu Gracz.org
  4. Oct 23, 2016
    I am quite a big fan of the emerging genre of story-driven adventure games: or walking simulators as the skeptics like to say. However they could hardly call that the case in Mind Path to Thalamus. This game actually blends heavy narrative elements with a bunch of puzzles. Its a unique combination thats has never really been split as evenly as they are in this title. Caught in a dream likeI am quite a big fan of the emerging genre of story-driven adventure games: or walking simulators as the skeptics like to say. However they could hardly call that the case in Mind Path to Thalamus. This game actually blends heavy narrative elements with a bunch of puzzles. Its a unique combination thats has never really been split as evenly as they are in this title. Caught in a dream like state you must solve various challenges to reawaken your cognitive functions while battling your emotions regarding your tragic past.

In my mind the story is the highlight of this experience. There isn't too much I can say as I don't want to spoil anything. The game starts with a hurricane crashing down on your home and you go charging in looking for your daughter Sophia. Immediately after you find you yourself in a strange land hoping from one landscape to the next. The protagonist is clearly going through a lot of turmoil and has a very dark outlook. The narrative starts out quite vague and hard to follow but as you progress it becomes more and more clear what is troubling your character.

In order to recuperate you'll have to put your mind back together through a series of puzzles. The core mechanic revolves around these little tumbleweed balls. You must move the balls to different parts of the level to activate various features such as rain to lift bridges and darkness to open various gateways. Its a really simple idea that is milked for all its worth throughout this adventure. The difficulty doesn't seem quite as balanced as it could have been with many puzzles being quite easy while some are a bit frustrating.

From a narrative perspective the puzzles actually seem purposeful. I'm used to story-driven adventure games typically being more relaxing so it was quite a different experience trying to solve puzzles at the same time. For the easier puzzles it wasn't so bad but two or three of the harder ones kind of pulled me out of my immersion in the story. I think the main problem is that this isn't a particularly long game. That is no surprise for a well polished indie game however in other puzzle centered games there is usually more time to train your brain on how to gradually get better at the puzzles.

Mind Path to Thalamus was an interesting experience. Visually it isn't as stunning as some of its predecessors but some of the panoramic scenes are quite striking. I really grew to like the story and I found the protagonist's struggles quiet interesting. The puzzles are definitely a unique addiction to the genre and most of them are quite enjoyable. The tougher puzzles may disengage you from the experience but once you see them through you'll be right back sucked in. This definitely wasn't the smoothest ride I've been on but I'm glad I saw it through to the end.
  5. Oct 16, 2016
    Even if I'm writing a review for this game I'm still not entirely sure regarding my opinion on it.

There is actually just one big reason to play (and enjoy) this game, because no other game lets you move around in fully 3D surrealistic environments just like being trapped inside a Dalí painting and this game does it very well. Everything else is really a hit and miss, puzzles are

Everything else is really a hit and miss, puzzles are either too simple or based on "cluncky" mechanics, the plot is weird (in bad way) and certain sections of the game are clearly visually inferior to others (which for the most part are visually stunning). Finally the audio compartment is kinda bad.

In spite of what I wrote in the last paragraph, I'd still like to recommend this game because the feeling you get from being trapped in gorgeous surrealistic anvironments is just so good that everything else is just "some annoyance", and also the price tag is not that high (if this was a 15€ game I most likely would have not recommended it).
  6. Jun 1, 2016
    This game is awesome. I've played on pc version (no VR) and I still amazed with its landscapes. Artistically, MIND is better than other AAA games. You can enjoy the environment at your pace without hazards because it is a First Person Puzzler. No weapons, no enemies... only need to solve puzzles in order to know what did happen with Sophia.

If you want to discover what a redemption path

If you want to discover what a redemption path and like riddles and puzzles, do yourself a favour and play MIND: Path to Thalamus.
  7. Mar 13, 2016
    Very boring gameplay awaits you, so be aware of it, if you want to buy this game. And my own impression was literally destroyed by cheesy plot twist and dull ending, it really ruins everything what was good in this game.
  8. Nov 18, 2014
    Now this was a gem of a game I just happened to come across. This is a puzzle game. Players figure out puzzles by manipulating daylight, time, weather. The design of this game is the best part. The designer really got creative with some of the locations. Although, some locations required long periods of walking more than puzzle solving. With these very different design locations pacingNow this was a gem of a game I just happened to come across. This is a puzzle game. Players figure out puzzles by manipulating daylight, time, weather. The design of this game is the best part. The designer really got creative with some of the locations. Although, some locations required long periods of walking more than puzzle solving. With these very different design locations pacing didn't feel natural. The sound effects are amazing in this game. The rain and thunder in particular were well done. This game uses the Unreal Engine 4 so the optimization of the game is great for PC. Optimization isn't perfect though, I had to force v-sync through Nvidia Control Panel since in game v-sync wouldn't take care of screen tearing. The voice acting in this game is average. Expand
  9. Oct 31, 2014
    The visuals are beautiful, great sound, and it's atmospheric. Some neat puzzle ideas in the levels I finished. There's alot really good here and I wanted to like it, but after a few hours in I was increasingly struggling to make myself play and continue onward. I got to where I was forcing myself to plod (you walk slowly) along over hills and valleys, lost, not knowing what to do lookingThe visuals are beautiful, great sound, and it's atmospheric. Some neat puzzle ideas in the levels I finished. There's alot really good here and I wanted to like it, but after a few hours in I was increasingly struggling to make myself play and continue onward. I got to where I was forcing myself to plod (you walk slowly) along over hills and valleys, lost, not knowing what to do looking for an idea or inspiration, and sometimes wondering if I just haven't found something necessary yet. I don't know. I sortof wanted to see more of the story and ideas, but I got stumped, couldn't divine what to do next, and couldn't bring myself to care enough as it sortof became a grind to continue without much of an idea what to do next. It's very possible the game is just too smart for me.

I enjoyed games like The Swapper, Lifeless Planet, Dear Esther, Kairo - so it seemed like this would be in the vein of what I like - but it just didn't work for me. If you really like puzzle games give it a shot, otherwise be aware you might experience some frustration. I uninstalled it just to save myself the future frustration I knew I'd have if I kept trying to solve puzzles. After playing it left me with the empty feeling of "why am I playing this?" For this reason I give a "mixed" score of 5.
  10. Sep 24, 2014
    Yet another pretentious artsy walking simulator, a-la Gone Home and Dear Esther. There is no actual substance in this "game", and nothing interesting happens.
  11. Sep 19, 2014
    good clever puzzle, very original and artistic graphic and rather interesting and original story = good game, small flaw: it doesn't have any hint system
  12. Sep 15, 2014
    I recommend this piece of art -for those who do not agree, please, search "art" in the dictionary first- to all those people who reject shallow experiences and who are keen on games like Portal or Antichamber. Despite such a ridiculous budget and the staffing thus scarce, the size of the roller coaster its developers have managed to get you into is, at least, breathtaking. In contrast, weI recommend this piece of art -for those who do not agree, please, search "art" in the dictionary first- to all those people who reject shallow experiences and who are keen on games like Portal or Antichamber. Despite such a ridiculous budget and the staffing thus scarce, the size of the roller coaster its developers have managed to get you into is, at least, breathtaking. In contrast, we may recall the recent release of "Destiny" a game for which millions of dollars have placed it as the most expensive cultural production ever and it hasn't even shaken the pillars on which games have always stood. While MIND: Path to Thalamus neither excels in bringing in something completely new, it surely does stand out in originality and world design, achievements that an overwhelming production like Destiny, could not afford at the same level. This does not only speak about the marvelous imagination of the witty minds behind the game but it also reveals that great endeavor was a key to the project.

Review:

A novelettish story sets you in a very well designed world combining puzzles and a grandeur and astonishing landscape. The soundtrack fits in perfectly. Convoluted puzzles are to be solved, even though, it might feel a bit easy for players used to the genre. Lastly, it does not lack the typical irony that involves Portal.

Don't refuse to try it.
  13. Aug 20, 2014
    Puzzle fans will enjoy .. maybe depends still among others puzzle game s it s near good enough boring to the death BOREDOM...... it s more like pointless mind buster
  14. Aug 18, 2014
    this game is very tranquil - but it feels like - or is obvious ( if that was actually the case ) that the game suffers from polish. - the pacing is a mixed bag, the puzzles are alright but not too creative. the style and design is very well - but also very minimalistic - in a way. the game looks stylish - while it does hide some graphical deficiencies ( as in ... it could have been muchthis game is very tranquil - but it feels like - or is obvious ( if that was actually the case ) that the game suffers from polish. - the pacing is a mixed bag, the puzzles are alright but not too creative. the style and design is very well - but also very minimalistic - in a way. the game looks stylish - while it does hide some graphical deficiencies ( as in ... it could have been much more in terms of fidelity )

sound design is well done - difficulty seems more for the casual player, while solving time sometimes seems to be stretched a bit beyond acceptable time ( no big issue ) - meaning, you quickly figure out what you have to do - but it takes a sometimes tedious bit of time to actually execute it.

the whole tone of this game is very well done - and the overall positive aspects are much greater than the negative ones. it certainly is a game worth the money / worth the time.
  15. Aug 17, 2014
    It's impressive it was created with such a tiny design team, and the atmosphere and audio are nice, but there are several major annoyances which sadly spoil the game. Firstly there are game breaking "collision" bugs. If you use or drop the puzzle sphere in the wrong place it can bounce out of range (or even fall through the floor) so you have to restart. Secondly, I suffered from highlyIt's impressive it was created with such a tiny design team, and the atmosphere and audio are nice, but there are several major annoyances which sadly spoil the game. Firstly there are game breaking "collision" bugs. If you use or drop the puzzle sphere in the wrong place it can bounce out of range (or even fall through the floor) so you have to restart. Secondly, I suffered from highly distracting chronic screen tearing even with both the game options and GFX drivers forced VSync to "on". Other people on the net complaining about the same thing, and yes this is the proper release not an "early access build". Thirdly, keys are not remappable (a relatively simple feature) and are inconsistent. Up and down arrows move forward and back, but left and right arrows "turn" instead of strafe (but WASD work as expected and strafe not turn).

Finally, the biggest annoyance is no quick save. Some of us have busy schedules and can only "snatch" 10-15mins during certain periods. If it takes 16mins to complete a chapter and you quit just 30 seconds before completion, you'll have to restart the whole chapter over again. What are us busy people supposed to do, not game at all until we have a clear 5 hours? Come on people, this is 2014 PC gaming not 1986 cartridge based consoles. Even Doom in 1993 had a QuickSave feature, as have many other small-dev Indie games over the years using the same Unreal engine...

End score = I would have given 8 out of 10 without the 4 annoyances, but it shrinks to 4 out of 10 with them as combined they make the game highly frustrating rather than fluid and enjoyable.
  16. Aug 16, 2014
    Un título muy interesante, que recoge conceptos de Portal, del Team ICO o de Gone Home para hacer una aventura de puzzles difícil y cautivadora. A destacar cómo juega con la manera de contar la trama y con los parajes tan chulos que presenta. Eso sí, no es para todos los públicos, solo para la gente que le guste probar experiencias nuevas a los mandos de un videojuego
  17. Aug 16, 2014
    I don't know why its norm today to remove save feature from game. I quit playing in the middle of Prologue and the surprise was "nice" when I came back to play and realized, that I have to start game from the beginning again. Options are lacking.

You have to grab objects in this game, you grab them in front of your nose so that they take almost half of the screen and some of them are shining so bright that you can't see anything.

Some of the levels are all foggy and it's complete trial and error to navigate through. Maybe the point there was no imitate human mind or something.

"Simplicity" of game mechanics did make this game only more complicated and annoying. Game looks great and atmosphere is there, but I can't recommend this game for people who are just wanting to waste their time in some puzzles. This game does not have much innovating things and it's just like Dear Esther with a trial and error + puzzles
  18. Aug 14, 2014
    Awesome puzzle game. The visuals are just espectacular and the overall experience breathtaking. If you enjoyed Portal, Myst or Braid, this is your game. Totally worth the 13$ !
  19. Aug 14, 2014
    This game shows how you can create something great if a person wants. A big video game of puzzles, without helps neither tutorial that make a great experience of game, i'm waiting a Spanish version.
  20. Aug 8, 2014
    The narrative is a little presumptuous and the puzzles aren't particularly difficult. Although the beautiful environments and sound complement each other. The game is not for everyone, and maybe it is too expensive. The most remarkable thing: it was made by just one person!
  21. Aug 7, 2014
    For those who like puzzle games will love this game, it's the type of game that requires patience and attention, the beautiful scenerios are very creative, not to mention the story that contains several interesting philosophies with the Stanley parable, journey, etc.Good game, worth !!!
  22. Aug 7, 2014
    This game is absolutly GORGEOUS! The puzles may be too difficult in some points but the narrative, the voice actor, the landscapes, graphics... are amazing all together. This is probably the indie game of the year.
  23. Aug 7, 2014
    One single word to describe this game: IRRITATING. I played it to completion. At first I was intrigued as I've had great experiences with other narrative games (eg Dear Esther, Gone Home), but tbh the best moment in this game was when after completion I un-installed it. Boring trial and error puzzles, lots of nonsense, repetitive scenarios, crappy graphics, and most of all: a dialogue thatOne single word to describe this game: IRRITATING. I played it to completion. At first I was intrigued as I've had great experiences with other narrative games (eg Dear Esther, Gone Home), but tbh the best moment in this game was when after completion I un-installed it. Boring trial and error puzzles, lots of nonsense, repetitive scenarios, crappy graphics, and most of all: a dialogue that is as presumptuous as absurd and irritating. I ended hating the main character's non-stop wining about his daughter. God I've never play another indie game again without a direct recommendation from a trustful source. You're warned about this one! Collapse
  24. Aug 6, 2014
    First, I would like to let anyone reading this review know that this is a walking, puzzle based game. If you're looking for the next COD action shooter you can safely discount buying this game.

For the pros, I would like to start with the fact that this game is very aesthetically beautiful, and the environments within the game are a pleasure to look around and explore. The puzzles are more abstract than one might be used to (which I myself appreciated), and the learning curve of the game is sufficient to let people explore the nature of the puzzles and determine how they must manipulate them to reach their end goals. The puzzles themselves are clever, and are just difficult enough that when you finish them you feel a sense of satisfaction for having completed them. I very much enjoyed this aspect of the game. Lastly, the music is also quite beautiful and very much fit the atmosphere of poetic landscapes and dramatic scenery.

As for the cons, one of these could be considered the walking speed. Travel can be somewhat slow, and becomes more evident and exacerbated in some of the larger maps. Larger maps may take a full two to three minutes to actually explore in order to get a good look of the scenario you will be tackling, which can sometimes take even longer if you must find a puzzle sphere in order to get rid of fog or night (two elements of the game which reduce visibility). It would have been nice if the producer of the game had added a feature such as shift+walk for a faster-paced exploration of the elements if need be, however I didn't mind so much due to the aesthetic beauty of the landscapes. Another con is that the voice-acting can be a little bit cheesy. However, here too, I also felt there were enough positive aspects such as humor and poetic diction to detract from any ill feelings towards it.

Lastly, there are still a few minor glitches in the game. Some examples of this include when you are first introduce to puzzle spheres. If you haven't picked the sphere up by the time you walk far enough for the dialogue to start, you can no longer pick up the sphere and must exit and re-enter. Another example I encountered is when you must cross a small ravine by getting rid of a fog cloud. If you let go of the sphere on the side facing the ravine, it will launch your sphere across where you can no longer retrieve it, and you must restart. Over time I am sure that minor glitches such as these will be fixed, and those that I encountered were few and far between.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this game to those looking for a fun and beautiful puzzle game. Despite some of the flaws, it is incredible to believe that such a nice game was created by a single individual. Mind: Path of Thalamus was a pleasant surprise for me, and I would recommend it to people who like games that have similar features to portal or puzzle games of the like.
  25. Aug 6, 2014
    walking solve puzzle ... walking solve puzzle .. great art and music but gameplay is boring , i don't know how people can give 10 to this ? if you like puzzle this game is for you but otherwise if you like action stay away....
  26. Aug 5, 2014
    Warning for the fans! Mind that the first reviews are done by registered CREATORS of the games. You will recognize them easily. They have only one review ever - this game...
  27. Aug 5, 2014
    Are you a fan of puzzle games and good narrative?
    If your answer is yes, buy mind NOW!
    dreamy landscapes, fantastic allegories, and a brilliant soundtrack.
    What else?
  28. Aug 5, 2014
    Following in the footsteps of games like Portal, Dear Esther or Journey, MIND: Path of Thalamus offers us a beautiful experience in first person, dream scenarios and game mechanics based on solving puzzles (originals and challenging alike). All accompanied by a script that really moved me throughout the adventure.

A game that risks in the proposal and becomes a breath of fresh air in

A game that risks in the proposal and becomes a breath of fresh air in the industry.
  29. Aug 5, 2014
    Amazing experience, and one of the most challenging games out there. Incredible and intriguing atmosphere from the guy that made the Warcelona mod for Left 4 Dead.
  30. Aug 7, 2014

Generally favorable reviews - based on 18 Critic Reviews

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 18, 2015
    Nice, surrealistic puzzle game. [Feb 2015]
  2. Feb 11, 2015
    MIND is a great-looking first-person puzzler with a nice atmosphere and promising but flawed gameplay that’s often held hostage to a narrative that falls flat on its face.
  3. Game World Navigator Magazine
    Oct 25, 2014
    Fascinating experiments with spheres are clouded by the vastness of locations, the lack of clues and ingenuity of puzzles. And if you get used eventually to the intricate brain-teasers with their dreamlike logic, then boring mumbling narrator keeps you annoyed until the very end. Hero spits stamps like a fifth-grader and cites quotes on about everything. But this is forgivable minus, because Carlos Coronado did programming, game design, script and music himself. And games that made with love are rarely bad. [Nov 2014, p.75]