6.2

1. May 17, 2022
    Played every MH title since MHFU. Rise is a little simplified, even after World, but as a fan of the series, I enjoyed it.
    Negative: I miss the times when it was you vs. the monster, sometimes a Palico showed up. Now it feels like too many things are happening at once, especially a 4-person MP. We have: 4 players, 4 palicoes, 4 mounts, and the screen becomes an unrecognizable mess.
    Positive: the overall experience and quality-of-life changes.
  2. Apr 4, 2022
    Wirebug and Palamute makes MHR fast and fun. Rampage is boring.
    Great soundtracks, great improvement on crafting (less material needed), mining (only 1 hit needed).
    Please add cross-play and cross-save to your next title.
    Played 400+ hours on switch, this port on Steam Deck gets steady 60 FPS. I enjoy it a lot.
  3. Apr 4, 2022
    A decent follow-up to Monster Hunter World. It has a cool ninja theme with new movement and new moves for all the weapons. Story is unimportant and the new/old monsters are still great and the reason i keep coming back. But it lacks in overall endgame giving me less reason to keep playing. I recommend this game.
  4. Mar 25, 2022
    Monster Hunter Rise puede engancharte y hacer que te intereses por la saga, y claro que le dediques buenas horas a lo largo del año, y bueno con sus actualizaciones y eventos sin duda será una entrega que tenga muchísima tela de donde cortar.

Por lo que si quieres adentrarte al mundo de Monster Hunter, Rise es la opción perfecta para todo nuevo jugador; y bueno para los más experimentados será también un gozo sin duda.

Review:
  5. Mar 16, 2022
    전작 월드에 비해 압도적으로 부족한 분량 덥크시절 구작의 방식을 그대로 가비고 온것도 그렇고
    월드로 입문한 사람들은 상당히 불만이 많을것이다
    거기다 월드때와는 다르개 구작 몹 참전 이 아닌 자사 콜라보로 로드맵을 때웟으며 DLC인 선브레이크가 나온다 해도 부족할것처럼 보인다
  6. Mar 8, 2022
    This game has so much content, lots of amazing monsters to hunt, great and lots of places, tons of cool gear and the combat is faster and more convenient than in World, is not MHW 2 but stands on its own as an amazing game with lots of quality of life improvements + faster combat, a must buy indeed.
  7. Mar 3, 2022
    I really enjoyed monster Hunter rise but.... only for 2 weekends. Then it became very repetitive and I only got half way or so. I think maybe if you have friends you could play it with this would make it last longer, and if you are a big fan of the series or really like to grind then that too. But for me I just got to where I was killing same monsters over and over again. But beforeI really enjoyed monster Hunter rise but.... only for 2 weekends. Then it became very repetitive and I only got half way or so. I think maybe if you have friends you could play it with this would make it last longer, and if you are a big fan of the series or really like to grind then that too. But for me I just got to where I was killing same monsters over and over again. But before then I had a really good time and I like the music and general feel of the game a lot. Expand
  8. Feb 27, 2022
    It's Monster Hunter, what do you expect? Gameplay boils down to a boss rush game where you rush bosses, kill them, loot them, and do it all over until you craft gear you want, all while progressing. 4-player co-op works great. Fun in groups. Can be grindy and repetitive. Not as visually stunning as Monster Hunter: World, but that's to be expected for a Switch port to PC. If you playedIt's Monster Hunter, what do you expect? Gameplay boils down to a boss rush game where you rush bosses, kill them, loot them, and do it all over until you craft gear you want, all while progressing. 4-player co-op works great. Fun in groups. Can be grindy and repetitive. Not as visually stunning as Monster Hunter: World, but that's to be expected for a Switch port to PC. If you played that, the levels feel in and around the same size, and unlike portable games prior to this one, the levels aren't divided up into loading zones. Not bad, not amazing, but still fun.

My Specifications:

AMD 2700X
    32GB DDR4 (4x 8GB)
    Red Devil 6900XT Ultimate
    1TB Samsung SSD
    LG 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 160hz FreeSync

Runs at 90-160+ FPS, stable.
  9. Feb 12, 2022
    Amazing gameplay, the weapons themselves are equal or better than worlds thanks to the new moves and updates. Though I do miss the sliding and wall running attacks in world. I prefer Worlds monsters slightly but Rise's are great as well, a lot of the new ones especially are very interesting. However the rest of the game pales in comparison to World. The story is much less compelling. IAmazing gameplay, the weapons themselves are equal or better than worlds thanks to the new moves and updates. Though I do miss the sliding and wall running attacks in world. I prefer Worlds monsters slightly but Rise's are great as well, a lot of the new ones especially are very interesting. However the rest of the game pales in comparison to World. The story is much less compelling. I like the design of the characters but there isn't much character development or attachment like there is in world. Not that there's much there either but at least there's some. The designs of the maps in Rise are much worse, but having the dogs and the wirebugs makes traversing them a lot cooler. Not only faster but just being able to go anywhere on the map is awesome. Rampage mode is meh, village is way too easy. Hub is easier than world as well but a bit better. However none of these things are a big deal, because the gameplay is so great I'd say it's only slightly below world as the gameplays the main draw in Monster Hunter for me. Expand
  10. Feb 5, 2022
    Great game, alot better than switch verison. Wirebugs are great and Rise has better monster variety. Can't wait for sunbreak!
  11. Feb 3, 2022
    It's just a porting of a switch game. Nothing added to make the game acceptable as a 2022 game. Graphic is PS3 like, Gameplay is make of wood. I just played MH World and i like it but with a new game i was expecting something new or better. Nothing, this game is the exact game of 2018. Same engine, same gameplay, same attack moveset, same weapons, same monsters (Just some add).

This

This game gave me the same feels of FIFA which proposes the same game every year, just changing the roster.
  12. Feb 2, 2022
    Good PC version for a really good MH game.

Ever since Capcom started using the new modern RE Engine, with RE VII, we knew it was a very versatile engine with lots of potential and scalability, and the games that came after quite proved that point, on all systems. The Nintendo Switch needed a good, new Monster Hunter game, and MH World wasn’t going happen over there because, frankly,
    Good PC version for a really good MH game.

The Nintendo Switch needed a good, new Monster Hunter game, and MH World wasn’t going happen over there because, frankly, World still looks amazing today, especially at max settings and high resolutions, on PC, and it’s quite demanding too.

With MH Rise, that’s what Capcom did, a bespoke Nintendo Switch game, that plays very well, but looks substantially lower quality compared to World, yet plays amazingly well, the animations are quite good and monsters look greater than ever, especially in the way they move and animate.

On PC, MH Rise gets some visual upgrades in the form of better quality textures, mainly, but overall the geometrical quality of most assets remains quite similar to the Switch version, but being able to increase the resolution and frame-rates is a big bonus too.

On the Performance side of things, the game is quite easier on the hardware compared to MH World, and it is able to run at stable 60 FPS, 4K resolution, on my Ryzen 5 3600 and RTX 3060 Ti, and pretty close to 120 FPS at 1620p DLDSR, everything maxed of course.
    Being a port from a Switch game, another advantage is that the game is able to perform quite well on 4 core CPUs, like my secondary system which has an i5 4690K and a GTX 1070, and on this PC the game is able to run at 60 FPS and more even at 1440p, so I believe a lot of players will be able to enjoy good and smooth performance in this game.

One bug/issue in this game, still not fixed as of the posting of this review, is the Resolution Scale (known as Image Quality in the options): 100% Scale is actually doing 75% internal resolution, which I confirmed by manually counting the pixels on screen with basic geometry / math; and then 150% Scale is actually 112.5% over native resolution, so there’s no easy way to do native resolution, but I reckon for now that the closest way is just setting the scale to 150%, and the game will be slightly downsampled.

Controls and Keybinds are excellent on Keyboard and Mouse, for the most part, I believe the mouse still has this really, really tiny deadzone, but it feels better than in the Demo, for sure, so I have no major issues with it.
    There’s one single key I’ve found I cannot map, which is ALT, but it’s no big deal for me, I have plenty more keys to map, and a simple macro or remap via software can fix that issue, too.
    I am also a left handed player, and I can map the whole right side of the keyboard with no issues, arrow keys included, which is excellent.

Now that I have spent more than 70 hours on Rise, I can say I enjoy its more fast paced combat, movement mechanics and overall feel, compared to World; the latter is still an excellent game, with lots of content, but Rise feels so good with the new improvements to movement and fluid animations, and high frame-rates, that it’s truly a joy to play on PC.

I have high hopes for the next big entry in the franchise, if they use the best parts of Rise, RE Engine, better movement mechanics, a bit more fast paced than World, but with the amazing graphics of World, only even better, can’t wait for what comes next, and for the Sunbreak expansion this summer, for sure.

I am not a veteran on the series at all, but I feel that with both World and Rise on PC, we have a good base to please most types of MH fans, and a lot to expect for future titles and content, which is great.

Monster Hunter Rise is a very enjoyable and fun game, one that proves you don’t need the absolute best Graphics in the industry to have a solid experience; the game is just really well done, and getting into a hunt is so straightforward and fast here on PC that it’s just a fantastic experience, as it should be.
  13. Jan 27, 2022
    Such as fun and amazing experience. Really love the weapons you can use. The boss fights are all really intense and put up a fair fight.
  14. Jan 26, 2022
    A really good point to get into the series.
    Unlike World, it's not bogged down by too many tutorials, a crowded hub and slow resource gathering.
    The mount and wire bugs add a lot to the traversal and exploration feels better than ever.
    It looks horrible, though.
  15. Jan 25, 2022
    Pros-
    Excellent combat
    The deep combat customization is amazing
    The graphics options help make this game look way better than the Switch version

Cons-
    Music is a bit too limited and not used as well as it could have been
  16. Jan 23, 2022
    Spent more than 100 hours in the game and have a lot of fun! The game returned to the classics and it pleases especially
  17. Jan 23, 2022
    Failed to Save problem Fixed.
    It's a pretty fun game although not as fun as mhworld.
    ------------------------------------------------------- old post $80 CAD OK so I bought the game so I can join my buddies. Then I get this Failed to save error and I can't even make it to the main menu. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Still the same error. Then I spent another half an hour trying
    Failed to Save problem Fixed.
    It's a pretty fun game although not as fun as mhworld.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    old post
    $80 CAD

OK so I bought the game so I can join my buddies.

Then I get this Failed to save error and I can't even make it to the main menu.

Uninstalled and reinstalled. Still the same error. Then I spent another half an hour trying out suggested fixes by capcom. Did not work.

Refund requested. It will take several days to receive my money back.

Why do we let these game companies get worse and worse?? aren't these products supposed to be at least working???
  18. Jan 20, 2022
    Can't even play the game for "Failed to Save" error. Unplayble game, happy to have used my money like this...
  19. Jan 20, 2022
    When I wrote a review for this game on Switch, I said the only thing keeping it from being a 10 was the low framerate. Well, the PC version doesn't have the low framerate problem so here we are!
  20. Jan 20, 2022
    Failed to save. Can't play. During the week after the release, the official did not give any effective solution. Players have been waiting for a week without getting any updates or even progress notes. It is not a playable state and is not recommended for purchase.
  21. Jan 20, 2022
    „Failed to save“ capcom doesn‘t care about the Bug and theres no patch 8 days later. Do not buy this crap!
  22. Jan 20, 2022
    #Failed to save bug. As much as they are trying to give solutions to this problem, I regret to inform that this, along with the other troubleshooting suggestions, have yielded no results on my end.
    Instead of remedies to the problems, the developers really need to come together to formulate a proper solution as to not having to have users individually inspect their folders to find the issues themselves. I understand that some of these solutions have helped some of the players, but the rest of them are unable to enjoy this game and are having to sit there, trying to make a save only to end up in an endless loop.
  23. Jan 20, 2022
    "Failed to save" error that affects about 10% of the players making them unable to actually play the game, like you can't even start playing, i have 1.5hours on the game all trying to fix that problem with not a single second of actual gameplay. Its been over a week now and still no fix,
  24. Jan 19, 2022
    It has been a week since I've had the "save file bug". The worst thing is Capcom doesn't really say much about the issue. Sure they acknowledged that it exist, but after that nothing. The only thing we got today was a message that roughly says, "We're working on it, thanks for being patient."...that's all? After one week, that's all we're going to get?
  25. Jan 19, 2022
    I still can't play it due to the bug "Failed to save" I had a week off from work, this is my last day of my break and I wasn't able to play at all
  26. Jan 19, 2022
    "Failed to save" just impossible to play 7 days after the release of the game just a shame
  27. Jan 18, 2022
    Transporting and delivering goods and/or items to clients or business in a safe, timely manner
    Examining and/or reviewing orders before and after delivery to make sure that orders are complete, charges are right, and clients are satisfied
    Helping with the loading and unloading of materials from the delivery vehicle Building and maintaining a healthy relationship with clients by
    Helping with the loading and unloading of materials from the delivery vehicle
    Building and maintaining a healthy relationship with clients by answering any questions they may have and handling their complaints
    Accepting payments upon delivery
    Rescheduling deliveries with customers if they are unable to receive them
    Giving customers information about new products and services
    Completing and submitting logs and reports.
  28. Jan 18, 2022
    1.5 hours of playtime in the menu because of failed to save glitch. Can't even play with friends and it has been a week with no news from capcom. $60+ game and there is no communication on when a fix will be implemented.
  29. Jan 18, 2022
    "Failed to save" error that has remained for about a week now. Literally unplayable.
  30. Jan 18, 2022
    A lot of firsts yesterday/today. I've never refunded a game on steam, and I've never cared enough one way or another to write a review on pretty much any game I've ever played. But when I took a week off of work to play MHR on PC, I didn't know I would just be wasting my PTO. Completely unplayable as the game can't create a save file and just loops indefinitely without ever being able toA lot of firsts yesterday/today. I've never refunded a game on steam, and I've never cared enough one way or another to write a review on pretty much any game I've ever played. But when I took a week off of work to play MHR on PC, I didn't know I would just be wasting my PTO. Completely unplayable as the game can't create a save file and just loops indefinitely without ever being able to get to the main menu. Uninstall & Reinstall, verify integrity of game cache, delete old save file folders, turning steam cloud off/on, all had absolutely no effect on this issue. I spent $63 on a frustrating menu simulator. I didn't get a single second of play time in the 2 hours I spent troubleshooting this issue last night, and with no update in sight, this game looks like a lost cause for now. Do not buy this game if you intend to play it within the next few weeks until they update it. I would give a 1/10, but I never got to experience a single second of the game. I put hundreds of hours into MHW, and when I saw a new release, I took time off to be able to enjoy it on release day. Don't make the same mistake as me. Requested refund on steam, and it will be a few days/weeks before I even get to spend that on a game that actually works. 0/10. Expand
  31. Jan 17, 2022
    what to say about this game, I started it undervaluing it because of the issue of how the monsters are assembled now and I didn't even buy it on its switch output (I've played mh, mhfu, mhf2, mh3u, mh4u, mhgxx, mhw) but at Seeing that it came out on PC, I decided to buy it on sale and really my few expectations changed radically. It has a gameplay like no other and it's obvious since eachwhat to say about this game, I started it undervaluing it because of the issue of how the monsters are assembled now and I didn't even buy it on its switch output (I've played mh, mhfu, mhf2, mh3u, mh4u, mhgxx, mhw) but at Seeing that it came out on PC, I decided to buy it on sale and really my few expectations changed radically. It has a gameplay like no other and it's obvious since each mh game has something different, then its detail in the fights, the graphic optimization, it's too good, the multiplayer felt fresher and faster, the design of the new monsters passed from not liking to being fascinated as soon as I fight against them, and that style of mh3rd but more and more involved in the oriental style is incredible, in short, a monster hunter worthy of playing and that in my opinion is on par with the mhw, that if, comparing it with the mhw without dlc, since the rise lacks a bit for its dlc that you will see but in general a very good experience. Expand
  32. Jan 15, 2022
    Me gustó mucho, es un vicio jugarlo 10/10, llevo más de 20 horas y no paro de jugarlo
  33. Jan 15, 2022
    MHW vs MHR = MHR lose.
    its marketing trick. capcom you can evolution in mhw but you create only new new new and again new part and reset progress gamers to 0 why you so greedy? maybe you need stop?i played demo mhr and i tell after game 1k hours+ mhw - mhr bad product and horrible price!
  34. Jan 15, 2022
    I love every MH games snice from 2004.
    I played MHFU, MH3U , MH4U , MHGU , MH Online , MH Frontier , MHS , MHS2 , MH Explore. can't wait for more MH games thanks to Capcom and MH teams for keeping MH series up.
  35. Jan 14, 2022
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Нус, поиграл я в ваш райс после ворлда(+айсборн). И знаете что? Мне понравился райс. Серьезно попробуйте и поиграйте, да управление неудобное с прутожуками, но чинится лишь переназначением на другую клавишу. Не понимаю людей которые ноют за графон, вот реально что вы ожидали от порта со свича? Уровня графона ворлда когда он и так делался под пк? Тем более капком и так уже пообещали выпустить потом пак 4к текстур. Да и неужели вам удобно играть в ворлд с его поломанным коопом? Когда приходилось сначала идти по одному и смотреть сранные катсцены? Я не думаю что да, а если и да то вы мазохист, в райсе же это наконец исправили. А как же еще починенные ветки прокачки и крафта оружия? Когда в ворлде ты сначала должен в отдельном карл меню! Скрафтить предмет, а только потом и только потом иди улучшать его в другом.
    В общем в итоге я советую игру, да у нее есть минусы, по типу того же графона, но серьезно если сравнить ворлд на старте, то райс все же получше будет.
  36. Jan 14, 2022
    A really solid port of a fun game. Just got to HR3 last night, I'm excited to grind out gear and play with friends on PC while we wait for the new expansion to come out. Only reason I didn't give a 10/10 is for the $170 of microtransactions at launch.
  37. Jan 13, 2022
    неплохая игрушка, про охотники на монстров)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Generally favorable reviews - based on 42 Critic Reviews

Monster Hunter Rise’s combat is excellent, and the PC version is virtually a perfect port of the Switch version. As someone who had never played a Monster Hunter game before, I’m hooked.
  2. Feb 16, 2022
    Monster Hunter Rise on PC is the definitive version of an excellent entry in this long running franchise and whether you are a veteran of the series or a rookie, looking to jump in for the first time, it’s the perfect opportunity to grab a weapon and start hunting some monsters.
  3. Feb 10, 2022
    The PC port for Monster Hunter Rise is the definitive way to experience this game. I am excited to see where the franchise goes from here, although I will find it hard to slide back into any Monster Hunter game without the new traversal and streamlined elements. Whether you want to hunt alone or play with your friends, play “Fashion Hunter” or experience the main quests, there is something for everyone in Monster Hunter Rise.