6.8

1. Feb 12, 2017
    Did you enjoy the original tabletop skirmish game? Do you like good turn based strategy games? Well get ready to be disappointed. This game just FEELS slow everything about it is slow. There are no tactics to speak of. The entire strategy is get your warband close together and gang up on the AI. The AI is abysmal. There a very few maps, very few warbands to choose from theDid you enjoy the original tabletop skirmish game? Do you like good turn based strategy games? Well get ready to be disappointed. This game just FEELS slow everything about it is slow. There are no tactics to speak of. The entire strategy is get your warband close together and gang up on the AI. The AI is abysmal. There a very few maps, very few warbands to choose from the customization is lacking and the secondary objectives are pointless. This is a 15 dollar game tops. Don't pay more for it. Expand
  2. Jan 10, 2016
    This game wastes your time in a bad way. Each map takes several minutes to load and each enemy turn can take 10-15 seconds to play out. This happens even if the enemy unit is not visible at the time. So each turn involves a good 60-90 seconds waiting while the computer moves units that you cannot see.

The graphics are OK, but they get repetitive really fast. Every battle seems to be in the same sort of ruined city area. It gets old fast. The unit animations are not great either. So many units just move their legs while running, their arms just sort of lock in place.

Warband progression is pretty pointless. No matter how good your guys get, the enemy Warband is always a little stronger. So the equipment and levels don't really matter. I suppose it makes players feel like they are getting ahead but it is really just a time waster.

All the missions seem to be generic crap. An enemy Warband is here; go kill them. The sort of mission that you can re-use for any faction the player might have chosen. Supposedly there are faction-specific missions, but I didn't see any after several missions.

The worst part is that the game will punish you for doing too well in a fight. The enemy can rout and flee the battle. This means you win but it also means you are denied any bonus objectives or resources scattered around the map. This is a big problem because the money you need to keep your army paid comes from looting the battlefield resources. Something that is only possible while the battle is still being fought.

If you are a hardware Warhammer fan, you probably own this already. If you are not a Warhammer fan, I can't recommend it.
  3. Nov 30, 2015
    1) Too many repetitive missions 2) Bugs and lacks Polish 3) Long load times 4) A bizarre difficulty system with annoying time requests to gather Wyrdstone or else it is game over and with enemies always being stronger from your team. It is a shame because the graphics and the atmosphere are well made but the gameplay is for maschochists it is not so fun
  4. Mar 6, 2016
    I can't recommend this game. The AI doesn't play the same game you play, all it does it focus on taking you out while you try to do objectives. For being a recreation of a table top game, this essentially is spoiling the fundamental basis of that game itself. It's basically the same as if I were to play the game the "Sorry" while you were playing Monopoly, but we were using the sameI can't recommend this game. The AI doesn't play the same game you play, all it does it focus on taking you out while you try to do objectives. For being a recreation of a table top game, this essentially is spoiling the fundamental basis of that game itself. It's basically the same as if I were to play the game the "Sorry" while you were playing Monopoly, but we were using the same board. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Can't really recommend this. Do not buy.
  5. Dec 4, 2015
    Extremely long load times, even on SSD. Gameplay is buggy, repetitive, lacks any incentive. Campaign is laughable at best. Graphics are decent, feels a bit dated, but the artwork remains quite alright. Quite demanding performance-wise, though I do not know why.
    How this game has a rating as high as 7.9 at the time of this writing is questionable at best.
  6. May 20, 2016
    The RNG in this game is complete and utter garbage which is bad in a game that has permadeath. Text is so small I can't even read it with reading glasses, the levels are just hashed together tiles with no procedural generation, the AI is completely stupid. Only reason I'm not giving it a zero is because the atmosphere is good and the graphics and sound are competently done.
  7. Dec 6, 2015
    There are some serious flaws in the design of this game. The tactics are limited and the enemies level with you, penalizing progression.

This is how you win: Swarm your enemy. Use chokepoints. There, that's it. Afterwards, learn to level your squad correctly (you will be punished for creativity). Enemies level with you, becoming more and more dangerous. So, oddly enough, you can

Enemies level with you, becoming more and more dangerous. So, oddly enough, you can do yourself a favor by not improving your squad. Similarly, the enemies will mirror your squad in numbers and types. You send 5 they have 5. You send all 10 and so do they, just with slightly better stats and much more skills, because in Mordheim, you will spend your money on skills instead of weapons. Being a teacher has never been so profitable. Maybe my warband should get in on that.

You can usually employ one of two tactics: You can hide for several turns while the enemies will spread out and then you pick them off. Or just put everyone in a building and they will just sit outside and wait. Meanwhile, one scout can loot the map. Anything else will be costly.

When I learned that these where the best and, sometimes, only tactics, I stopped playing. There were some good moments in the meantime, snatching victory barely, but to grind through the rest of Mordheim by gaming the cheating a.i. isn't my idea of fun.

It's a difficult game. It also feels like a chore too soon.

Even when you win a battle your troops retreat without taking a turn to grab the obvious treasures at their feet. Horrible inventory management. Odd camera movements during actions. Slow, repetitive animations. Long load times and enemy turns. And the auto leveling enemies and lack of real tactical options other than divide and conquer.

It has its moments and can be addictive. It's just the compulsive gambling addiction that you don't wish upon anyone else. The ironman mode is fine and it does make for some tense fights. The high difficulty is fine too. The graphics and music are passable. The UI is meant for consoles, and is poorly devised, but it works in the end. It's the core gameplay that isn't fun. Where are the tactics? Keep your team together and surround the enemy stragglers? That's it? The one viable option?

Mordheim: City of the Dull
  8. May 25, 2017
    It pains me to review this game so low. It doesn't help that most of the positive scores come from single review plant accounts.

I love Warhammer, and the system this uses, what it's based on is fun. But this is a terrible implementation. There's no strategy, the enemy is more powerful than you, and walks straight at you. You can beat them to death with a little positioning, but by virtue of raw power, they'll take someone with them.

It's mindless, and a strategy came, more than anything, should NOT be mindless. It's also clunky to navigate, the camera is... unhelpful, and the UI... passable.

It COULD be good, instead it's lazy. Its score would be lower if more people actually bought the game.
  9. Sep 3, 2016
    Terrible broken boring game. Cool setting and cutscenes, but the game is overly complicated and third person camera system and WASD make playing the game horrible.
  10. May 14, 2016
    TL/DR
    Dont not buy this broken pile of....
    Worst RNG ever produced in the 35 years I have played AI is really bad too. Exampel: Enemy stands in ambush stance. Runs over the road climb a wall then jumps down same wall go back to start and ambush stance again at rthe same time I stand in melee right beside where he stands and fight his teammate. Devs dont knopw how to make a even ok
    TL/DR
    Dont not buy this broken pile of....
    Worst RNG ever produced in the 35 years I have played
    AI is really bad too. Exampel:

Devs dont knopw how to make a even ok AI so instead they break the RNG
    to try and cover the absent of know how:

RNG is a big joke so you should like beeing frustrated a lot.

Typical battle in my playtime:
    Comp hits 95% of the time
    Me araound 50%
    Even though I have after penalties around 65% minimum according to game.
    I dodge maybe once or twice in a whole battle even though my worst dodge is 55% on my henchmen.

Comp have 97% Save on alone tests in my games so far

And if this is not enough you have to keep running for wyrdstones just to pay upkeep for your gang so you dont have as many in the combat as computer that dont need to pick it up.

Fortunetly the AI is bad but that means the hard in the game comes from a bad RNG and not the tactical.

Also I like the permadeath and dmg and that the game is hard but with all bad coding its just not so fun to play.

Clunky anhimations and the same animation over and over and over.
    Lots of graphical bugs.

Cant handle latest graphic drivers from AMD and says its AMDs fault and I be like "Hmmmm but all my other games work so sure blame AMD...."

Rude to players that say all other games work but yours then the DEV says he know better becasue he heard other games have problems so of course he knows best.

Good that they say the listen but sad they dont have the skills.

I am sorry for backing this game so you can be fooled into it.
    Of course also the release more broken things for even more money.
  11. Jun 30, 2016
    It's just not a very good game. It takes ages to play with very little pay off. It's also resource hungry and I can't see why, the graphics are not that super hot and it's a turn based game so not exactly a lot going on at the same time. It looks and feels old, it's very repetitive and after an hour I have stopped playing feeling pretty disappointed.
  12. Aug 18, 2016
    There is a flawed but essentially good game underneath Mordheim's problems, but it is heavily marred by a user interface and game flow that is *extremely* wasteful of the player's time and attention, to the point of displaying a marked disrespect for the player.

This disrespect is on display everywhere in the game, from every in-game action being punctuated by one-second animation locks on the UI to the fact that the game does *not* fast-forward AI actions that are out of view -- it plays them invisibly at normal speed, meaning that enemy turns take 10-15 seconds for each enemy (and there are 5 to 10 enemies), and most of this time is unnecessary waste.

I'd also like to note that Mordheim's developers is one of those who purposefully refuse to allow beginning logo videos to be skipped, in spite of clear negative player feedback on it. (Their answers on the forums are disingenous -- they claim that the videos cover game loading time, but the hard drive and CPU usage are nearly nil beyond what is used to play the videos -- CPU usage actually increases once the logo videos are done and the skippable intro video begins playing.) Disingenous forum answers are also disrespectful.

So, all said, I personally think this developer could use a lesson not only in UI design, but also in respect for the user. This problem is distinct and serious enough of a flaw in the game, that to me it warrants a punitively low review score. I hope developers learn to be more respectful of player time and attention.

There are other significant flaws with the game design, but I won't go into those. They're workable and could be forgiven, especially if alleviated in patches. But the UI itself, along with the unskippable logo video timewaste at the beginning, is the dealbreaker. And shame on you, Rogue Factor, for it.
  13. Apr 2, 2017
    Во-первых, имейте ввиду, что это нишевый проект, выпущенный по спиноффу основной вселенной Warhammer, так что вам как минимум должен быть известен лор в общих тонах, чтобы, так сказать, понимать о чем идет речь. Во-вторых, будьте готовы к однообразию. Типичные ситуации, одна и та же подходящая тактика, многоразовые забеги за ресурсами — это вас несомненно ждет. В-третьих, приготовьтеВо-первых, имейте ввиду, что это нишевый проект, выпущенный по спиноффу основной вселенной Warhammer, так что вам как минимум должен быть известен лор в общих тонах, чтобы, так сказать, понимать о чем идет речь. Во-вторых, будьте готовы к однообразию. Типичные ситуации, одна и та же подходящая тактика, многоразовые забеги за ресурсами — это вас несомненно ждет. В-третьих, приготовьте что-нибудь мягкое и крепкое, чтобы вымещать свою злобу. Игра насквозь пропитана ложью. Не верьте процентам — молитесь всем богам.

Mordheim: City of the Damned могла бы быть в разы интереснее, если бы не была так затянута. Имейте ввиду, для полного прохождения вам понадобиться поиграть за каждую фракцию. А на прохождение только одной фракцией у меня ушло более 20 часов. С одной стороны это отличный показатель игрового времени, если бы только не тот факт, что прохождение скучно до предела. Миссии все одинаковые до безобразия, а так как все события происходят в городе, то и декорации одни и те же. В итоге отличаются между собой лишь сюжетные миссии, коих для каждой фракции не более десятка.В остальном же задача добывать ресурсы для оплаты труда отряда и выполнять поручения руководства по доставке ресурсов. Для сбыта всего нажитого в городе будет нет только ваше начальство, но и черный рынок представленный двумя конторами. Короче, я веду к тому, что избежать скучных миссий не получится, ибо денег будет крайне мало, ресурсов мало, а без бабла вы не сможете ничего.

И все бы ничего. мы народ крепкий, потерпеть можем, но сами сражения. О, это отдельная песня, которая достойна руки Юрия Лозы. Во-первых, бои искусственно усложнены. Врагов всегда больше, прокачаны они всегда лучше и экипировка выше. Положение в начале сражений у нас всегда проигрышное, в основном мы должны осаждать. В итоге частой тактикой будет выманивание противника по одному. Долго и нудно, а профита почти никакого, так как за это время собрать ресурсов не реально. «И это ещё не все» ваше вдруг возникшее удовольствие от игры (уж не знаю от чего оно возникнет, но вдруг) окончательно выветрится когда вы увидите, что шанс попасть по противнику 90% обернется чередой промахов несколько раз подряд, а шанс попасть по вам в 15% обернется точными критами от противника и смертью. Для пущего эффекта ваши войны после травм принесенных с поля боя обретают такие шикарные запоминающиеся характеристики в своем резюме как «хромой», «горбатый», «умственно отсталый», а иногда можно и на ровном мести огрести по первое число. Например, завели вы себе колдуна, прокачали, а потом бац и при первом же касте получаете проклятье и плакали ваши денежки и юнит.
  14. FGM
    Jul 8, 2017
    I love Warhammer Universe, I love strategy games, I love tactical games, I love RPG games, I hate this game. P.S. Steam or Gamesworkshop had to hire an army of trolls to write positive reviews.

Pros: Setting, Varied Itemization, customization and progression. Cons: Console Design, Console Design, Console Design, game is a turn based MOBA, slow paced, awkward camera controls and game

Pros: Setting, Varied Itemization, customization and progression.

Cons: Console Design, Console Design, Console Design, game is a turn based MOBA, slow paced, awkward camera controls and game turn progression, game is fairly easy, AI is slow and silly.

1. Dec 22, 2016
    Overall, Mordheim: City of the Damned is compelling for strategy fanatics who enjoy a challenge, but doesn't offer much else to other players. Even with the setting of Warhammer behind it, limiting things to a single city with a handful of factions can make things feel small and repetitive. The gameplay is fairly deep, but the steep learning curve will potentially turn off a lot of players.
  2. CD-Action
    Mar 4, 2016
    Just like the tabletop original Mordheim is very difficult. It needs 12 tutorials to introduce you to its complex tactical and strategic layers. [02/2016, p.65]
  3. Feb 19, 2016
    Based on a classic, but bringing new features and perspectives to the table, Mordheim: City of the Damned provides a challenge, with some interesting party and game management thrown in.