8.5

1. Nov 9, 2016
    Just finished the tutorial which is already enough to give a firstlook, since it includes a complete race and a walkthrough through all the menues. Overall, this took me around a hour, so it is pretty in-depth in detailed.

I started with the second worst team, because I like the idea of making it from the bottom to the top, even though this may take some time. The missing license of original teams and drivers is not a big deal and once this game gets modding support, thanks to Steam Workshop, this may change.

I'd like to create a Pro/Cons list, but even without wearing fanboy glasses, I don't have any Cons in mind so far. But this could change over time. Maybe the game gets boring fast or hilariously unrealistic. Who knows. If that's the case, I'll edit this review.

But for now, the game runs perfectly fine for me without any issues on max details with locked 60fps (no need to cry here. You seriously don't need those 200fps). You can really feel polish under your nails when scratching over the games surface. The overview doesn't suffer from all those menues like in EAs FM games (at least for beginners). The "controls" in a live race are pretty simple and easy to understand. Graphics look great for this a simulator game.

I love it so far and will hopefully be able to make enough money to build a wall in front of Mexi.. to beat "Mercedes"!
  2. Nov 13, 2016
    I am very much of a split opinion about Motorsport Manager, it's hard to put everything into words. I'll try, though.

On the one hand this game is *finally* done professionally from the ground up, it has a decent publisher with manager-game experience and it's not merely a rip-off and money-grab like so many other formula racing managers have been in the past decade. The on-track graphics are beyond lovely for a manager game and the player can really immerse him/herself and feel at home watching the cars race across the screen.

The foundation this game is built on can be considered excellent, but what about the meat and bones, the managing aspect? There it gets more difficult, because I have seen some obvious up- and downsides to Motorsport Manager.

Part of the problem comes from the question of how close the game should imitate the real sport of monoposto racing, more specifically Formula 1 and its two feeder series GP2 and GP3. Motorsport Manager comes without a license, but even a quick glance can tell you that an Italian team called Scuderia Rossini with a German and a Finnish driver are in truth Ferrari, Vettel and Räikkönen. It is that way with many other teams and people as well, just like many tracks are created in a spiritual similarity to their real-life counterparts. While that is quite nice, there is no easily accessible way to change the names database to your liking, which is a feature the developers had mentioned to be included in the game. It is no surprise that the Steam Workshop isn't activated/available for the game either as of yet, because so far the game does not appear to have any modding capability whatsoever unless one is willing to edit the original game files with third party tools.

So far my experience in the game consists of one season at the highest tier, trying to win the world championship with Ferrari and two seasons trying to build a third tier team from the bottom up. Not the strongest team, but I would have won the first race of the season if not for an unlucky parts failure. Sadly it only went downhill from there and neither of my drivers finished in the top three at the end of the season. Some of those races manage to tell thrilling, harrowing and unbelievable tales and in my opinion they're a lot more interesting than watching Formula 1 on TV.

Now the start in the third and lowest tier was a real challenge. If you have chosen the weakest team as I did, then trying to make it competitive (without being fired in the second season) is a hell of a job, but at least so far I have had fun trying to beat the challenge I set myself. I fear it'll take too long to get anywhere.

That doesn't sound so bad, but there are sadly a number of minor and some major issues with the game, but let me explain:

x) When you sign a driver, lead engineer or race mechanic you cannot do so for any time in the future. Either you sign an unemployed character after the current employee contract has run out, or you end up replacing your current employee in that spot with someone else, paying either one or two release fees for the person you're getting rid off and the one you hired. There is no so-called "silly season" in the game, where you're able to get a new driver for next year at all. This is a fatal oversight in a manager game!

x) The way overtaking is solved in the game is quite horrible. I don't know how often it has happened to me that my driver was lapping someone else and instead of losing at most 2 seconds of lap-time the other driver was slower than mine, the lap-time dropped by 5-8 seconds. In nine out of ten times your driver will fall out of the "blue flag zone" again, because he's apparently not capable of following a much slower car close enough. This also has the aggravating side-effect of making you lose positions against your opponents often. Of course, this happens the other way around too, with you benefiting from it once in a while, but it's annoying and unrealistic.

x) The 12 minute free practice in the third tier is way too short to actually get a setup going, which the AI seems to be able to cheat with as well. The 20 minutes in the highest tier is better, but by no means perfect.

x) This brings me to my last major issue, the evolving rules of the racing series. If you want to play a game with your favorite series rules (such as race length, qualifying & practice session length, points distribution, refueling, two/three dry tyre compounds) you will inevitable need to play with the politician bonus of 4 extra votes/season. Otherwise you're going to end up being outvoted on some rule you desperately want to keep. Sadly there is no way to suggest a change yourself, so you end up voting a few times per year on random rule changes.

There is a lot more I could mention, but compared to what was listed above it is only minor details. To make a long story short, the game is far from perfect, but it is quite decent and it will hopefully become better after a patch or two.
  3. Nov 11, 2016
    This game is A-W-E-S-O-M-E ! Lack of licences? Woman drivers and mechanics? It doesn't matter at all, because gameplay is brilliant, you'll spend hours researching and scouting. Real-time races aren't boring anymore, AI is pretty competitive. Lags and freezes? NO, but the graphics is nice. Sounds are authentic, like in A-class games, really.
    The best management game about motorsport and
    The best management game about motorsport and racing.
    Price is bit high and it need some minor interface changes.
    9,5/10
  4. Nov 9, 2016
    The best Racing car manager game! For years i waiting for this!

O melhor jogo manager de automobilismo dos últimos anos! Eu e tantos outros estávamos a espera de um jogo como esse, o último bom era de 2000, 16 anos de espera, uma vida. Agora eu espero que possam dar continuidade a este magnifico game. Parabéns aos desenvolvedores.

I LOVE THIS GAME!
  5. Nov 21, 2016
    Sin ningún tipo de dudas nos encontramos ante el mejor juego de gestión del año, con un nivel de detalle en todos y cada uno de sus apartados digno de elogio. No es un juego fácil, pero tampoco injusto, y llega incluso a ser bastante inmersivo competir contra las escuderías rivales o siendo fiel a la nuestra, creando nuestra propia historia.

Creo que es un título orientado a todo el

Creo que es un título orientado a todo el mundo, desde los nuevos en el género a los mas veteranos, y aunque no te atraiga la Formula 1 o los títulos de gestión, aun así te recomendaría que le dieras una oportunidad.
  6. Jan 21, 2017
    The game is rubbish as it is severely lacking in the "Manger" aspect of its namesake. Missing is the ability to properly manage your personal and finances that any other >insert sport management game< has.

You can't extend the contract of your current staff properly because they just disregard the terms of the current contract while the new one overrides it. Plus you can't set a contract start date for any of the staff so you need to pray someone you want doesn't auto resign with a team after their current contract ends or you need terminate a contract (IRL you'd not have an pleasant time finding work if you did that!). While on the topic of staff how worthless is the scouting department. Their is absolutely no search and sort function forcing the player to tediously click through the dossier of each person in order to find the info they are looking for, wtf!?!

Onto the financial side it is just as bad. The end of the year prize pool remains unchanged no matter how many years pass (same with sponsor deals) which leads to over priced contract fees as staff and driver wages continue to get bid up whilst you're stuck with the now woefully stagnant income you had 5 or 10 years ago! Talking about income their is no way to raise the marketability and thus the sponsorship values of your driver despite if they won back to back championships or not it still remains the same. Than their is the total lack of ways to get money other than the sponsor/end of year. Why can't staff be traded/sold to other teams and why isn't their a bank/loan option available?

Bottom line is maybe the game might grab a few hours for casual race fans but if you were hoping the game had a in depth management side you'll be sorely disappointed.
  7. Nov 11, 2016
    El juego no es un simulador de F1. Es la esencia de la estrategia convertida a juego.
    El gran punto negativo son los gráficos, se quema la gpu para mostrar unos gráficos muy cutres.
    Las bases del mejor manager de coches ya están sentadas, esperando con ganas su segunda parte.
  8. Nov 15, 2016
    I played the mobile version of this game and was very excited about a full version being released on PC. I love formula one and motorsport and was hoping this game wasn't going to be a disappointment. It wasn't as this game is excellent. It has managed to achieve an brilliant balance of keeping the simplicity of the mobile version with enough detail to keep motorsport fans interested. SoI played the mobile version of this game and was very excited about a full version being released on PC. I love formula one and motorsport and was hoping this game wasn't going to be a disappointment. It wasn't as this game is excellent. It has managed to achieve an brilliant balance of keeping the simplicity of the mobile version with enough detail to keep motorsport fans interested. So far I have played about 25 hours and have not come across any bugs which is impressive for a game made by such a small team. Really enjoying this game and highly recommend. Expand
  9. Nov 12, 2016
    Awesome game have been waiting for this sort of thing for years. In depth and a very good looking game, i could just sit back and just watch the racing.
    They truly Nailed this game. :)
  10. Nov 25, 2016
    Amazing game! The only problem is how to find more time to play it. I'm a big fan of Formula 1 and it's amazing to see how the business working from the other side.
  11. Apr 5, 2017
    I have 40 hours experience in this game and I am very happy to find a game which gives me an opportunity to create, manage and compete with a motor sport team.

I am a big fan of Formula 1, thanks to steam workshop, I can find Formula 1 add-on and apply it to the game. I can not find any cons for this game. However, I will write some pluses for you. 1) It is not an expensive game. It

1) It is not an expensive game. It is reasonable and affordable price.
    2) Graphics... It is a manager-like game but you can watch the entire competition between teams and drivers.
    3) It is player based game. That means, you can control everything what you want, e.g. fuel, tires, morals, contracts, buildings, cars, design, etc.

I would like to write more things about the game but I am tired to write due to there are a lot of things that should be written.

If you like motor sports, you are not going to be regret to play this game.
  12. Aug 28, 2018
    Surprisingly great game!
    Surprisingly great game!
    I was not expecting much from this game, thought it to be just like the soccer managers, football managers and etc., but boy was I wrong. This game is HARD!!! It puts you on the manager, position and every decision you have the last say. Every playthrough is new and failure = learning. You will never be good in your first try, but you are not supposed to, this game will make quit and go broke but you will se where you got wrong, the game will not tell you, and after you create a new strategy you can try again.
    Hire/Fire/Scout/Manage/Promote Drivers/Mechanics/Designers this game has so much!!! Design new parts, design next year's car, sponsors, fans, Interviews, owners, tuning the car in practice, literally so much!!!!
    You don't get to watch qualifiers which is a bummer and the tutorial is open this explain, click this explain and SO LONG because you really have a lot of possibilities.
  13. Jan 12, 2019
    Motorsport Manager ist ein tolles Management-Spiel, welches einen guten Mix zwischen Management und Action vorzuweisen hat. Für solch ein Spiel ist der Preis zwar relativ hoch - also im Sale zuschlagen!
    Mehr auf wisim-planet.de

1. CD-Action
    Jan 13, 2017
    Motorsport Manager could definitely use FIA’s license and some polishing here and there but it achieves the goal of every management game – it lets you write your own success story. [01/2017, p.66]
  2. Jan 11, 2017
    Those expecting a racing version of Football Manager will be a little disappointed, but as a new franchise Motorsport Manager has a lot of potential.
  3. Jan 3, 2017
    Motorsport Manager is an excellent simulator of a Formula 1 team, deemed heir of the elder Grand Prix Manager.