8.2

1. Jun 21, 2019
    Max Payne but 2d.
    I r8 10/10 goty nothing can top this
    But seriously the soundtrack is amazing and the gameplay was very enjoyable and unique.
  2. Jun 26, 2019
    Short but rly fun game. 10/10 so far, soundtrack was good, weapons were rly rly good
  3. Jun 21, 2019
    There is the maddest 2D shooter, for fast gamers. 6-9 hours gameplay and so easy high level difficult is the worst keys of this game
  4. Jun 30, 2019
    Brilliant!!! ಠ⌣ಠ
    The game is Designed Profession-aly and it's almost Perfect!!!!!!!
    To Developers ::
    It was A Huge Honor to play your Master-Piece Guys...
    Keep going and keep making new awesome memories like this game for us.
    The Words can't describe what you did Fellas!
    XX with great Respect
  5. Jun 20, 2019
    One of the best games in this year. You should play to experience its gameplay with its story's geek
  6. Jun 20, 2019
    Forgive me for this really, really strained metaphor: My Friend Pedro is like eating a banana that's starting to rot as you're eating it. It's still a really good banana when you start, and the general core of the banana is still there but it starts to taste not as good. TLDR; I still recommend it, but it's not as good in the second half which focuses more on platforming than shooting andForgive me for this really, really strained metaphor: My Friend Pedro is like eating a banana that's starting to rot as you're eating it. It's still a really good banana when you start, and the general core of the banana is still there but it starts to taste not as good. TLDR; I still recommend it, but it's not as good in the second half which focuses more on platforming than shooting and has a suddenly turn towards making jokes about gaming and the internet.

The game's opening hour and a half (out of around three) are incredible. First, the game shows it understands how to introduce mechanics and then really play around with them. But unlike a game like Mario, where it's simply an obstacle to get around, it is instead another way to either kill your opponents or prevent them from killing you, expanding your arsenal against mobsters, hitmen, gamers and "Internet Service Protectors" (I'll get to that). Once you make your way through the first section of the game, you're then dropped into what is essentially a series of gauntlets that ask you to really go all out in pulling off some amazing feats.

This is helped by the controls. They're simple, and while finicky at times, let you really move around the stage. Jumping through the air, pirouetting in order to avoid enemy fire, before firing at two enemies at the same time sounds like it should be complex, but it's quite the opposite. Kicking things, while tough to line up, is also easy to do. You have to really learn how to use everything to your advantage, but the rewards for doing so are wonderful.

Then the game decides to start turning its hand towards platforming. Now, for maybe one area this would be fine (and the justification for the more gamey style platforming challenges is a fair one), but the developer seemed to forget that the reason I was playing this game was to kill enemies. It'd be fine if it was woven into the shooting, but it does not feel like it is. So levels from the middle section onwards have chunks where you're spending more time solving small disconnected platforming puzzles than actually fighting mooks.

Speaking of mooks, while the game does have a silly streak (Pedro being the main source of it), the halfway point suddenly marks a drastic change in tone. You go from a world that seems like a stylised version of our reality to an outright absurd one where hardcore gamers are living in the sewers and The Internet is a physical place that appears to have control over the world. You go from fighting mobsters in tracksuits and hitmen attending their annual Christmas party to fighting gamers dressed as knights and what basically amount to internet police. It goes from a gleeful but still somewhat grounded action romp to a story that seems to have stopped taking itself seriously and was dangerously erring on the side of meta. I was obviously not expecting anything groundbreaking from the story, but what I got was very underwhelming even for the standards of this kind of game. (Of note is the ending which left a lot to be desired, although the boss fights before it are actually pretty good.)

It still has its incredible highs though. And because of said highs I recommend playing it. But be wary that it'll start to lose steam once you reach the halfway point.
  7. Jun 20, 2019
    Very cool game. Recommend to play. Music and gameplay the best. 10/10. GOTY.
  8. Jul 16, 2019
    A bit overrated but still good. The gameplay is relatively good, however it's relatively repetitive and often cumbersome and when it differs it either differs little or it's done awkwardly (e.g. platforming levels without having such great physics for it).
    In overall the game is worth it, a 7/10 at least but it's not fair to other games to give it more since it's relatively simplistic and the gameplay not the best in the world.
    tl;dr: very enjoyable if you want some fast 'arcade' fun but don't expect much depth in either gameplay or story or graphics.
  9. Sep 26, 2019
    Ăsta este un căcat nu pot să treci deștept deloc din cauză că bidoanele care le aruncă efectiv te urmăresc unde te lasa Ai mai pomenit ca un obiect care îl arunci în ceva să urmărească ținta dacă aceasta se deplasează numai la un dobitoc care așa cum e ala de făcut jocul producătorul ăla de dobitoc nu mă la ăla că o piatră un bidon volum de Călărași după cineva 6 peretelui urmărește pânăĂsta este un căcat nu pot să treci deștept deloc din cauză că bidoanele care le aruncă efectiv te urmăresc unde te lasa Ai mai pomenit ca un obiect care îl arunci în ceva să urmărească ținta dacă aceasta se deplasează numai la un dobitoc care așa cum e ala de făcut jocul producătorul ăla de dobitoc nu mă la ăla că o piatră un bidon volum de Călărași după cineva 6 peretelui urmărește până lovește numai la dobitocul ăla există probabil așa ceva dar la mine sau în altă parte mama lor decât în mintea lui poate fi cineva dacă un obiect la Direcția Unde la aruncat nu e rachetă inteligentă pontezi unde să lovească se întâlnește călărește până lovește nu numai la dobitocul de producători așa ceva am stricat Expand
  10. Jul 5, 2019
    Cool and awesome game, it reminded me the ancient spectrum game "Rolling Thunder" mixed with the modern "Not a Hero". If you like 2D game shooters, this is one is for you. Great work here!
    PROS: quite funny to play + slow motion + each stage has diffent things + easy controls & easy to play + humor + bosses + jumps + etc
    CONS: easy difficulty (but i personaly prefer this than too hard)
  11. Jul 19, 2019
    -Graphics and design: 10
    -Gameplay: 9
    -Sound and Music: 10
    -Bugs: 10

Аdditional evaluation criteria (Do not really affect the assessment):
    -Freedom of choice:
    -Coop in Story mode: 0
    -Multiplayer: 0
    -Mods and the ability to change the game: 0
    -Interface: 9

Scores from 1 to 10, the higher the better
  12. Jul 21, 2019
    Can't say I was overwhelmed by this game. I'm at a rare point for indie games where I may give up barely into the second world. The game tries way too hard to make you care for a ranking system that relies on heavy bothersome actions (namely you want a S in hard and bananas ? get ready to spam that dodge button and alternate with semi-accurate shooting in between, also don't kill enemiesCan't say I was overwhelmed by this game. I'm at a rare point for indie games where I may give up barely into the second world. The game tries way too hard to make you care for a ranking system that relies on heavy bothersome actions (namely you want a S in hard and bananas ? get ready to spam that dodge button and alternate with semi-accurate shooting in between, also don't kill enemies too soon, otherwise there's a good chance the next enemy will arrive too late and break your combo...). The combat system is fun but not nearly as polished as it could be for an indie game. The controls are often cumbersome and make you miss jumps for no other reason than being off-timing slightly and shots for... well no reason (sometimes spin jumping will make it IMPOSSIBLE to aim at certain parts of the screen, completely preventing headshots at some points).

I've stopped aiming for S ranks and I'm still not having fun, which IMHO is a huge problem. I fail at getting S ranks in DMC (mostly because I don't put in the time needed to) but still have fun trying to get as best a score as possible. Here even by removing that aspect I don't have fun. And world 2 is making me seriously consider giving up by adding dumb platforming segments that are really not fun. They're also slightly puzzly just in case it wasn't annoying enough.

Overally I feel like the game is VERY overrated just because of its indie nature. However when you see the amazing polished indie games that are released noways by teams of 1 to 5 people, I feel like Pedro should be reviewed in a much harsher way. As a huge indie gamer and aspiring indie dev, who loves all sorts of indie games, from bite-sized to chunky, from simple arcadey to complex, I don't think pedro deserves anywhere near 8 from either professional or user reviews. Should be around a 6 at best. I mean it's getting a better rating than DOOM 2016, what the hell ? Or indie-wise almost as good as Binding of Isaac Rebirth. It is not ! Even if we remove the fact I personally, subjectively didn't like the game, it's objectively nowhere near the amiund of content, fun and polish as BoI : Rebirth has. I'm all for judging products based on their production value to an extent, but applying this to Pedro, I still don't feel like it deserve an 8. A very good but simple and short polished pixel art game like Bot Vice deserves that rating, not Pedro !

tl;dr : way overrated, and it comes from an indie game lover and aspiring indie dev. Not all that fun, not all that great, there are better games out there releasing soon, so check those instead
  13. Oct 20, 2019
    It was fantastic during the first half. Controls are very solid and the gunplay feels perfect, and although levels were a bit too linear for my liking, they complemented the fast-paced gameplay very well, giving each level a very satisfying feeling of momentum. Enemies are laid out in ways that make for unique ways to take out each group of baddies, making each stage feel unique. My onlyIt was fantastic during the first half. Controls are very solid and the gunplay feels perfect, and although levels were a bit too linear for my liking, they complemented the fast-paced gameplay very well, giving each level a very satisfying feeling of momentum. Enemies are laid out in ways that make for unique ways to take out each group of baddies, making each stage feel unique. My only real complaints during the first half would be two things. For one, the boss battles were relatively forgettable, and I wish there was a bit more replayability in the stages, even something as simple as hidden collectibles would've improved the experience. However, the second half of the game goes downhill for me. Once you enter the sewers, the majority of the enemies you fight are these sort of Dark-Souls cosplayers with swords. They make these levels not fun to play for multiple reasons. For one, they have far too much health, removing the sense of power of your attacks, which is really important in a game like this. On top of that, since they are all carrying melee weapons, ammo drops are practically nonexistent in these later stages. Ammo management can be a good thing in some games, but it doesn't always fit in a game like My Friend Pedro where combat is highly based around taking out enemies fast and maintaining momentum. Also, the game's puzzles become a real problem starting in this stage of the game, where it once again, stops your momentum in order to solve a puzzle, and it just feels unsatisfying. The best comparison I can make is running into a pair of spikes after picking up lots of speed in a Sonic game. It just ends up feeling clunky and breaks up the flow of the game. On top of this, you also receive the assault rifle during this stage of the game. While weapons like the smg and shotgun in the game each had their own distinct feel and reason to use them in different scenarios, the assault rifle is simply uninteresting to use, dealing mass amounts of damage with a large fire rate, while somehow also not having any feeling of punch or power to it. And in the later stages, due to high enemy HP and limited ammo pickups for other weapons, it leads to you being forced to use this weapon which just never feels as good as those used in the earlier stages. Overall, I still enjoyed my time with My Friend Pedro, but the games second half really drags down the overall experience for me. Expand
  14. Jul 9, 2019
    Awesome shooter, Awesome soundtrack, badass gameplay.
    Only thing that I don't like is that, sometimes, the game turns into a damn platforming game.
    Like, after killing hundreds of people, you want me to solve a damn puzzle, stopping all the adrenaline? This game is also really short. I'm talking about 3 hours short. Which, yes, the levels are very replayable, but workshop items and
    Awesome shooter, Awesome soundtrack, badass gameplay.
    This game is also really short. I'm talking about 3 hours short. Which, yes, the levels are very replayable, but workshop items and custom maps would have fit perfectly into this game.
    Those 2 are the reasons I'm giving this game a 9 instead of a 10.
  15. Jun 22, 2019
    Игра просто зашкаливает музыка,оптимизация,качество просто ставлю 10/10 жаль что нельзя поставить 11/10 Советую купить она стоит таких денег
  16. Aug 10, 2019
    The game is very entertaining, but after a while, it repeats itself and becomes a platform game.
  17. Aug 29, 2019
    A game about blood, boolets, bananas. If you ever wanted to play 2D Max Payne, then this game is for you.

A dream come true for action fans of all types, My Friend Pedro adds a fresh coat of paint to its classic flash game predecessor by incorporating new mechanics and improved visual flair.
  2. Aug 19, 2019
    A brilliant arcade game about a bloodthirsty ballet dancer with a deadly aim - could there be anything more awesome? But beware - if you don’t like your stuff very much over the top in the vein of Japanese videogames, you might not be able to tolerate Pedro.
  3. Jul 22, 2019
    It’s a pretty decent price for the fun that is to be had. In the end… you are just one man and his banana… and maybe that’s all you really need.