8.1

1. Jul 16, 2019
    A bit overrated but still good. The gameplay is relatively good, however it's relatively repetitive and often cumbersome and when it differs it either differs little or it's done awkwardly (e.g. platforming levels without having such great physics for it).
    In overall the game is worth it, a 7/10 at least but it's not fair to other games to give it more since it's relatively simplistic and the gameplay not the best in the world.
    tl;dr: very enjoyable if you want some fast 'arcade' fun but don't expect much depth in either gameplay or story or graphics.
  2. Oct 20, 2019
    It was fantastic during the first half. Controls are very solid and the gunplay feels perfect, and although levels were a bit too linear for my liking, they complemented the fast-paced gameplay very well, giving each level a very satisfying feeling of momentum. Enemies are laid out in ways that make for unique ways to take out each group of baddies, making each stage feel unique. My onlyIt was fantastic during the first half. Controls are very solid and the gunplay feels perfect, and although levels were a bit too linear for my liking, they complemented the fast-paced gameplay very well, giving each level a very satisfying feeling of momentum. Enemies are laid out in ways that make for unique ways to take out each group of baddies, making each stage feel unique. My only real complaints during the first half would be two things. For one, the boss battles were relatively forgettable, and I wish there was a bit more replayability in the stages, even something as simple as hidden collectibles would've improved the experience. However, the second half of the game goes downhill for me. Once you enter the sewers, the majority of the enemies you fight are these sort of Dark-Souls cosplayers with swords. They make these levels not fun to play for multiple reasons. For one, they have far too much health, removing the sense of power of your attacks, which is really important in a game like this. On top of that, since they are all carrying melee weapons, ammo drops are practically nonexistent in these later stages. Ammo management can be a good thing in some games, but it doesn't always fit in a game like My Friend Pedro where combat is highly based around taking out enemies fast and maintaining momentum. Also, the game's puzzles become a real problem starting in this stage of the game, where it once again, stops your momentum in order to solve a puzzle, and it just feels unsatisfying. The best comparison I can make is running into a pair of spikes after picking up lots of speed in a Sonic game. It just ends up feeling clunky and breaks up the flow of the game. On top of this, you also receive the assault rifle during this stage of the game. While weapons like the smg and shotgun in the game each had their own distinct feel and reason to use them in different scenarios, the assault rifle is simply uninteresting to use, dealing mass amounts of damage with a large fire rate, while somehow also not having any feeling of punch or power to it. And in the later stages, due to high enemy HP and limited ammo pickups for other weapons, it leads to you being forced to use this weapon which just never feels as good as those used in the earlier stages. Overall, I still enjoyed my time with My Friend Pedro, but the games second half really drags down the overall experience for me. Expand
  3. Aug 10, 2019
    The game is very entertaining, but after a while, it repeats itself and becomes a platform game.

A dream come true for action fans of all types, My Friend Pedro adds a fresh coat of paint to its classic flash game predecessor by incorporating new mechanics and improved visual flair.
  2. Aug 19, 2019
    A brilliant arcade game about a bloodthirsty ballet dancer with a deadly aim - could there be anything more awesome? But beware - if you don’t like your stuff very much over the top in the vein of Japanese videogames, you might not be able to tolerate Pedro.
  3. Jul 22, 2019
    It’s a pretty decent price for the fun that is to be had. In the end… you are just one man and his banana… and maybe that’s all you really need.