- Publisher: Focus Home Interactive
- Release Date: Jun 1, 2021
- Also On: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X
- Summary: Pick your contracts. Hunt your targets. Collect the bounty. Navigate an ocean of crime and corruption to balance the bloody ecosystem of Necromunda as a merciless hired gun. The money's good, the dog's loyal, and the gun's reliable but can you survive the hunt? Necromunda: Hired Gun is aPick your contracts. Hunt your targets. Collect the bounty. Navigate an ocean of crime and corruption to balance the bloody ecosystem of Necromunda as a merciless hired gun. The money's good, the dog's loyal, and the gun's reliable but can you survive the hunt? Necromunda: Hired Gun is a fast paced, violent, and thrilling FPS set in the darkest reaches of Warhammer 40,000's most infamous hive city. For the right price, eliminate the most notorious gangers and mutants. Your armory is a sprawling arsenal. Your body is enhanced with a dozen customizable augments to run on walls and leap over chasms. Your cyber mastiff will sniff out and eliminate enemies for you, while your grappling hook allows quick, agile traversal of the massive environments.… Expand
- Developer: Streum On Studio
- Genre(s): Action, Strategy, Turn-Based, Shooter, First-Person, Tactics, Arcade
- # of players: No Online Multiplayer
- Cheats: On GameFAQs
- More Details and Credits »
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Necromunda: Hired Gun - Enter The Hive Trailer
Positive: 6 out of 33
Mixed: 26 out of 33
Negative: 1 out of 33
Jun 16, 2021Necromunda works as a shooter, but the competition is fierce, and it remains several steps behind the masters of the genre.
Jun 1, 2021Necromunda: Hired Gun is a fast-paced FPS that makes the most of the Warhammer 40K license. The attention to even the smallest detail by the developers and the excellent level design are the setting for a dynamic and frenetic shooter. Unfortunately, just like Streum On Studio’s previous titles, this latest video game by the French team is plagued by a number of technical problems and issues in the AI department.
May 31, 2021Like so much of the Warhammer 40K universe, Necromunda is a richly imagined world filled with the potential for conflict and storytelling. Using it as the setting for an action-filled shooter makes total sense. Although its mechanics are essentially a greatest-hits collection of ideas from other shooters, Necromunda: Hired Gun is a competent introduction to this particular slice of the Warhammer 40K-verse. At some point, however, repetition and fatigue with the one-note approach to pacing and the relentlessly hopeless nature of the world set in. You begin to desperately hope for some humanity, emotional depth, humor, or variety…which I guess ultimately is the plight of the Underhive’s residents. It just shouldn’t be that of the gamer.
Jun 1, 2021Necromunda: Hired Gun fails to exploit the full potential of the fascinating universe of Warhammer 40K. It’s a fun action game that is heavily inspired by Doom Eternal but lacks attention to detail and there are several problems in its gameplay structure.
Jun 5, 2021Necromunda: Hired Gun does have redeeming qualities. The movement is great, the gunplay feels good, and the environmental design is stellar. There's simply a legion of issues on both the design and technical fronts working overtime to hold it back. If you are willing to overlook Hired Gun's many problems and massive amounts of jank you'll likely have a great time blasting gangers to bloody bits. But, I won't fault you for waiting on a sale or sequel instead.
Jun 1, 2021Necromunda Hired Gun rests its foot on the accelerator of dynamism and violence, yet it has an imprecise aim. Many of its problems derive from strictly technical stumbles, some of which can be solved with special updates (such as bugs or application crashes), while others are innate in its playful DNA, and have to do with feedback from the shots almost totally absent, with an artificial intelligence crude beyond belief, and with a general flatness of the shootings. The always timeless charisma of Warhammer takes care of everything, but with a license of this value available, we are convinced that Streum Studio could have done more to honor the Imperium.
Jun 4, 2021Necromunda is a sight to behold, but it's undermined by wonky shooting, superfluous mechanics, and bugs.
Positive: 6 out of 21
Mixed: 7 out of 21
Negative: 8 out of 21
Feb 26, 2022Наиграл 50+ часов, стрельба из болтера отдельный вид оргазма. Дизайн локаций крутой, бои динамичны. Отличная игра за свой НЕ фулл прайс.Наиграл 50+ часов, стрельба из болтера отдельный вид оргазма. Дизайн локаций крутой, бои динамичны. Отличная игра за свой НЕ фулл прайс.
Dec 24, 2022It's honestly a bit frustrating how unfairly treated this game is by a lot of people. While it has some issues, the basic gameplay loop oftenIt's honestly a bit frustrating how unfairly treated this game is by a lot of people. While it has some issues, the basic gameplay loop often works wonderfully to create a very fast and satisfying experience and the skills together with the very customizable guns keep things varied and interesting.
+ Good weapon customization
+ Decent variety of gun types that are satisfying to use
+ Good, focussed character system
+ Aesthetically pleasing environments
+ High freedom of movement
+ Dog and enemies are mobile enough to keep pace with player
+ Overdone and detailed splatter
+ Functional hub that serves as a connective thread for missions
+ Partial areas of missions can be revisited for quick bounties
+ Specific aesthetics and equipment for the three gangs
- Weak plot that rarely pushes forward the story
- Character system doesn't allow for different builds; every character is going to be the same
- Inventory provides too little space for weapons and other items currently not in use
- Only one armor type; no weight
- Bounty screen is disorganized: Just a partial list that can be refreshed with random results… Expand
Jun 4, 2021Игра хороша для своего бюджета. Хейта не заслуживает, как и особых почестей, впрочем. По плюсам и минусам доложу кратко: стрельба приятная, наИгра хороша для своего бюджета. Хейта не заслуживает, как и особых почестей, впрочем. По плюсам и минусам доложу кратко: стрельба приятная, на уровне думчанского, только прицеливаться можно со всех пушек; игра своим мувом похожа опять же на этернал (двигайся иначе сдохнешь) , только приспособлений для передвижения побольше: и крюк кошка, и по стенам можно бегать чуть ли не как в титанопаде; музончик не мик гордон, конечно, но все равно бодренький, отлично подходит для бодрого рубилова. Касательно построения уровней и их дизайна, сделано недурно, стилистика вархаммера заметна, игру не спутаешь с какой-нибудь раже 2, да и графон для игры категории С хорош. У пушек есть небольшая, но кастомизация, за счет чего появляться чуть-чуть вариативности и возможность пробовать одно и то же оружие в разных ролях. Теперь минусы: производительность: оптимизация не то что хромает, скорее ползет; сюжет не то, чтобы ваховский, нам не дают поиграть за какого-нибудь бравого астартес, или хотя бы инквизитора, ты - обычный наемник, который роется на дне мира-улья; баги вроде как есть, но я не встречал (хотя я и в кибербанке багов то не то, чтобы много встретил, видно удачливый в этом)
Итого: игра неплоха для своего бюджета, видно старание разработчика, играть приятно. Настоящую оценку я бы поставил где то 65-70, однако хочу, чтобы у игры была зеленая циферка, потому 8.… Expand
Jul 14, 2022Nettes. Spiel es hat echt viel Spaß gemacht. Mehr davon! Nicht zu lang, nicht zu kurz. Genau richtig.
Oct 31, 2022First of all, NHG is an arena shooter; some may like it, some may not (I don't).
While the game is very likeable, IMO, it has some veryFirst of all, NHG is an arena shooter; some may like it, some may not (I don't).
While the game is very likeable, IMO, it has some very annoying flaws:
- it's buggy: there are clipping issues; sometimes, the player inadvertly gets out of the level boundaries, and they will be unable to get back in, necessarily losing a life
- occasional "find the exit" mechanics: in an action game, such mechanics are not appropriate; it's out of place to figure out silly puzzles about finding how to escape
- side missions are somewhat miscalibrated; it's hard to finish them before some levelling up; and again, some "find the exit" objectives are very annoying
- glory kills are too slow - they really break the flow - and they're also not very clear as in Doom
- at times, it's unclear if the objective is to escape an arena or keep killing enemies (and in the first case, one ends up wasting time)
- at least one boss in the first half of the game is a silly bullet-sponge enemy; it takes something like 15/20 minutes of almost continued shooting, to the point that it's not clear if there's some other objective that one should pursue.
It's a big shame, because the world is fantastic IMO.… Expand
Feb 18, 2022Graphics are bad, story not well provided. Weapons looks ugly. AI is terrible. Enemy reaction on shoots like in a cheapest shooter from 2004.Graphics are bad, story not well provided. Weapons looks ugly. AI is terrible. Enemy reaction on shoots like in a cheapest shooter from 2004. And this game overall looks like a old cheap shooter.… Expand
Jun 7, 2021I created an account just to rate this game. If you own an Xbox, do not buy this game. It will not register your controller so you can neverI created an account just to rate this game. If you own an Xbox, do not buy this game. It will not register your controller so you can never get past the initial login screen. Absolute garbage.… Expand
- (0 views)
- (0 views)