5.4

1. Aug 21, 2019
    I thought the game would be about making you feel like a detective, piecing things together, talking to potential suspects, trying to get them to slip up and talk, instead it was mostly talking to many characters about things seemingly unrelated to my investigation. Every now and then you will get “real” evidence or leads. But most of the time it felt like conversations were a waste ofI thought the game would be about making you feel like a detective, piecing things together, talking to potential suspects, trying to get them to slip up and talk, instead it was mostly talking to many characters about things seemingly unrelated to my investigation. Every now and then you will get “real” evidence or leads. But most of the time it felt like conversations were a waste of time. I wish it had more thought out conversations and a better plot to keep you at the edge of your seat. Instead it keeps you asking when will I get something useful out of this? Expand

1. Aug 20, 2019
    Night Call has the potential, setting, characters and plot to be an epic noir detective title, but instead of capitalizing on it, the developers feel like they’re too in love with the taxi driver premise to let the best aspects shine through. Instead of using my cunning to find a killer, I spent more time worrying about money and hearing the same conversations over and over. What started as a journey of intrigue and secrets quickly became underwhelming repetition.
  2. Aug 8, 2019
    Night Call provides some compelling everyday stories wrapped under a neo-noir narrative game. At the end of the day (no pun intended), it succeeds in showcasing the everyday life heroes (however big or small) of a large city and their concerns.
  3. Aug 2, 2019
    Night Call is not something to pick up if you’re looking for something actively “game-y,” but it’s one that I’d recommend to anyone willing to spend a few dark nights simply enjoying the ride.