6.1

1. Feb 12, 2021
    This game is great! And for the people complaining, it's not really meant for keyboard and mouse, it's a controller game, similar to darksouls and NieR. Runs so much better on my PC compared to the PS4 and is honestly just super fun. 10/10 would recommend if you like difficult games.
  2. Feb 7, 2021
    The negative reviews for this game are absolute crap. This game is amazing. The biggest complaint I see is the controls. Get a game pad. Its not meant to be a keyboard and mouse game. Don’t knock a good game over something so petty. Other than that some people are complaining of FPS drops (imagine that!). Im playing on a 9700k, with 32gb of ram, and a 1080ti. Maxed out settings no issues.The negative reviews for this game are absolute crap. This game is amazing. The biggest complaint I see is the controls. Get a game pad. Its not meant to be a keyboard and mouse game. Don’t knock a good game over something so petty. Other than that some people are complaining of FPS drops (imagine that!). Im playing on a 9700k, with 32gb of ram, and a 1080ti. Maxed out settings no issues. I am not sure but it seems like the newer series cards are supposedly experiencing this issue. Although nowadays PC players get their panties in a wad if they experience ANY frame rate drop. They can’t just simply enjoy a game. Because a 5-10fps drop is completely unplayable. (Sarcasm). Anyway. The game is excellent. The difficulty has been upped from the first game definitely. New weapons, new skill tree. Same base game with some additions. Its samurai souls with lots of loot and gorgeous levels. Expand
  3. Feb 9, 2021
    * This is a phenomenal game.
    * I've played the PS4 version on a PS4 pro, and the PC version with a 3080 + HDR 144Hz monitor, so though my time might show up as only a few hours here, I am also drawing upon my PS4 experience for this review.
    * It's a high quality port. * The combat is buttery smooth, the action is fast, fluid and * It has a ton of depth. People who love trying out new
    * This is a phenomenal game.
    * It's a high quality port.
    * The combat is buttery smooth, the action is fast, fluid and
    * It has a ton of depth. People who love trying out new builds, new weapon loadouts and even fashion / customization will totally dig it. The character avatar creator is top notch, and all equipment has a transmogrifacation feature so you don't have to choose between gear that looks pretty vs. gear with good stats.
    * It's got a ton of replay value, in a way that's actually fun. I never play new game+ in most games, and in this one, I played all the way till NG+++ because the design is so well done for progression. In new game modes, you get better loot, more game mechanics, different enemy placement in levels, newer enemy movesets and so on. It's not just a rehash of making enemies health sponges.
    * If you get stuck at times since it's challenging, you can use either an AI summon or co-op summon to help you out.
    * The edition you are getting on steam includes DLC 1, DLC 2 and DLC 3. All three of these DLCs are excellent, notably the first two added a new weapon each, and
    * You might be thinking just one weapon each can't be the highlight of a DLC, though in this case each weapon has a ton of depth. You could basically make a new game with just one weapon out of this game, let alone the dozen or so they put in. DLC 3 adds a boss gauntlet.
    * Lowlights: Hardly any though if I had to pick, I'd say be prepared for it being challenging, and I wish the inventory management had less micromanagement. It could use some FPS polish but on the whole it runs fast. I was about to get 110 fps with it on my 3080.

TLDR: This game is a delight. Get it.
  4. Feb 9, 2021
    Legit 10/10 for me, up there with Bloodborne.

Legit 10/10 for me, up there with Bloodborne.

I tend to agree with negative criticisms on here, but I am having an absolute blast with this game. The last game I had this much fun with was Bloodborne years back. Performance wise, I have a 1070 GTX and my game is on an SSD, I've had no performance issues whatsoever and have kept a consistent 60 FPS graphics on high—looks exceptional to me on my 1440p 144hz monitor. I have an Xbox elite controller and the controls have felt intuitive and fluid, better than 99.9% of games and I am not exaggerating, they nailed it. Games like this are never intended for keyboard controls, and most of the time that is fixed by modders soon after anyways. Look at DS3, terrible keyboard controls until modders fixed it. This isn't something to rate the game a 1 for when they literally designed the game, from top to bottom, with controller players in mind.

Gameplay wise, the only thing I'll say is that if you are coming from Dark Souls, as I was, you'll want to learn the game mechanics as the combat has essential features that aren't what you'll be used to. Once you get the hang of it, this game is the same level of difficulty as Dark Souls. Until then, you are going to think the game is difficult and unfair. To be specific, you'll want to figure out burst counters and ki pulsing from the get go, without these down you will die a lot, since the stamina system heavily punishes players who don't ki pulse. Another thing is blocking, it gives 100% damage reduction in this game, unblockable moves will overlay a white or red glow over the enemy to give you ample time to react accordingly. Don't give up on this game until you beat the first few bosses, also, don't be afraid to use everything the game gives to you, guns and bows are something you should be using all the time—the game throws money at you that isn't needed and you can stock up at the blacksmith. This game is awesome!
  5. Feb 13, 2021
    I would give a 8,5/10. It's perfectly playable with XBOX One Pad on PC. Gameplay is addictiv as ****
    It would give a 9/10 but the PC port is not optimized and the graphics are exactly the same as Nioh Part 1. Gsync compatible is not working on my LG OLED. It has bad frametimes above 60FPS and the ingame FPS limiter is terrible and buggy. Also i only get a good HDR picture when i use borderless windowed mode. Fullscreen is washed out as hell, even in SDR. And i can't set 2160p ingame without disabling the fullscreen optimization in the exe.
  6. Feb 8, 2021
    I've been waiting for the PC release of Nioh 2 and I have to say, this game is really great. I use an Xbox One gamepad and if I hadn't read about it in the many negative reviews, I wouldn't even know about the existence of control problems. Nioh 2 controls like almost all Souls like very well. Also, that the controls only refer to PS4 buttons is not true.

Nioh 2 plays almost exactly

Nioh 2 plays almost exactly like Nioh 1 with a few new features and weapons. It therefore also has the same weaknesses such as repetitive enemies. I also suffer from the mentioned severe frame rate drops that sometimes come out of nowhere and are gone just as quickly. Despite the negative criticism here at the end, I don't know what I would rather play at the moment. Nioh 2 is really fun and I am nicely addicted to more.
  7. Feb 7, 2021
    The negative reviews here must be bought by a competitor, i am seriously mystified.
    The game runs absolutely great, it controls great and it looks just as good. I have had zero issues.
  8. Feb 7, 2021
    It's funny to see players who have money to play but no money for a gamepad. Regarding the game: it is beautiful, convenient control, good optimization (1660 SUPER 60fps is stable at maximum graphics). The best soul game in my opinion.
  9. Feb 9, 2021
    My rate for the game 8/10 but for those who rate game by key binding i wanna say that some guy played Dark Souls on bananas so key binding problem of your hands not developers
  10. Feb 9, 2021
    Wow, I felt compelled to contribute a score for this excellent game because of all the fools in the user reviews giving it ridiculously low scores because it is not designed to be played with a KB/M setup. The game is a phenomenal action RPG and it has some lovely visuals. Performance has been fantastic for me at 1440p/120fps. Having said that I have a powerful rig (10850k and RTX 3080) so YMMV.
  11. Feb 7, 2021
    Flawless port of an amazing game. For all the crybabies complaining about KB/M controls, how about you just get a gamepad then? Deal with it, ffs. What's the logic behind complaining about the controls and graphics, but then saying "hurr durr just play the PS4 version instead" when it looks much worse and doesn't support KB+M at all?
  12. Feb 11, 2021
    First of all, the negative reviews are dumb. You can't rat a game 0/10, just because it is not perfectly optimized for PC. Most of the reviewers are all whining and complaining about it having poor controls on PC. That was never a problem with me, as my controller was ready before the game launched. Having said that, even if you wanna be a crybaby about it, drop 2 points maximum, notFirst of all, the negative reviews are dumb. You can't rat a game 0/10, just because it is not perfectly optimized for PC. Most of the reviewers are all whining and complaining about it having poor controls on PC. That was never a problem with me, as my controller was ready before the game launched. Having said that, even if you wanna be a crybaby about it, drop 2 points maximum, not freaking 10 and review bomb it 0/10. People are so stupid.
    Having said that, This game is just phenomenal. Even though they basically used the same engine, the gameplay enhancements and editions are great. I found it easier than Nioh 1, but the story is a bit lacking. Nioh 1 had a generic storyline, but even that was more interesting than Nioh 2's storyline. As I launched the game, it had to live up to many expectations that I had since Nioh 1 was a masterpiece to me, and I'm glad to report that it lived up to those expectations.
    New bosses, new monsters, new weapons, new moves, new regions...etc. I played a lot of Nioh 2, and I can't seem to get enough of it.
    I would give this game a solid high 10/10 if it was fully polished. The game drops to 4 fps when I go into fully detailed regions and that **** is unbearable. This crap deserves minus 2 points. I found switching to low or medium settings fixes the issue temporarily. Please stop releasing unpolished games!!
  13. Feb 20, 2021
    Absolutely amazing game. As someone who was not blown away by its predecessor that was starring William as the protagonist, I immediately fell in love with this one after the first mission. There's just something special in being able to make your own character. Also I personally enjoyed more the story of a character local to Japan rather than an Englishman form across the ocean (no hateAbsolutely amazing game. As someone who was not blown away by its predecessor that was starring William as the protagonist, I immediately fell in love with this one after the first mission. There's just something special in being able to make your own character. Also I personally enjoyed more the story of a character local to Japan rather than an Englishman form across the ocean (no hate on William though, he's great but not my cup of tea).

There is some legitimate criticism towards the PC port, namely the controls on KB+M. But in all fairness, I have tried playing all of the Souls titles that had PC releases (so 1-3, Sekiro, remasters) and honestly none of them were enjoyable on KB+M. Every single time I have ended up switching to a controller, and frankly I believe this genre simply plays better on a controller. So do yourself a favor and grab that x-box or ps4/5 (by the way, dualshock4 has flawless support in this game, it's one of not many games that recognized mine right away and had all the PS4 button prompts). Just don't torture yourself trying to force KB+M on this game.

DLSS was added in a recent patch and it's stellar. It allows me to run the game at pretty stable and smooth 120fps, while before it would chug a bit when particle effects appear in large quantities.

The story is fairly simple, but very well executed. I saw some people make an argument that they didn't like "silent protagonist" deal, and that's a valid opinion; in my opinion the protagonist is rather expressive in his/her body language, facial expressions and actions, so you don't really need a voice or lines of dialogue. It's fairly hard to nail a voiced protagonist for a player made character that would please everyone (or even the majority), so a silent but expressive protagonist that leaves some blanks for you to fill is the next logical step and IMO it works well.

Gameplay is crisp, there is a good variety in weapons and ways you can build your character, lots of stuff to farm and try after the main story is done. To me, Nioh 2 did what I wanted Sekiro to do - which is a punishing and difficult action/RPG set in feudal Japan, with character customization and different era accurate (and completely made up) weapons.

In the 2020 - February 2021 draught of good video games Nioh 2 is a lush oasis, with lovely story, characters, amazing gameplay and co-op (and I know it came out a while ago on console, but I don't currently own one, the review is for the PC version). While other sequels and new entries in the latest history have been anything in-between extremely disappointing and criminally unfinished, Nioh 2 surpassed it's predecessor and didn't need microtransactions, lootboxes or other scummy practices to excel.

The review above is my personal opinion. I definitely agree to some of the criticisms and am opent to discuss them, but I strongly believe that the "lack of DLSS" (false as of right now) or "bad graphics lol" are a valid reason to rate the game 0/10. If you are that immature that you gonna throw a temper tantrum over nothing and rate an otherwise with a score that would put it alongside the likes of Cyberpunk, Anthem, Andromeda, Battlefront 2 on release, etc. you have no business posting reviews.
  14. Feb 16, 2021
    The game right now isn't at the top with the graphics, but it still has been amazing for me playin it on a 3070, it's been a REALLY GOOD EXPERIENCE, and i'm completely new to the nioh saga, if you're searchin for something similar to dark souls this is the perfect game for you, a lot of possibilities for the builds and an amazing combat system. The main quest could have been better, but iThe game right now isn't at the top with the graphics, but it still has been amazing for me playin it on a 3070, it's been a REALLY GOOD EXPERIENCE, and i'm completely new to the nioh saga, if you're searchin for something similar to dark souls this is the perfect game for you, a lot of possibilities for the builds and an amazing combat system. The main quest could have been better, but i LOVED the way the game tells you about the japanese culture describing yokais, the locations, weapons, secondary characters' backgrounds and more. Expand
  15. Feb 17, 2021
    Excellent Game if you Like Action rpgs.
    Combat offers a lot of variety and is really fun. Gamepad is a must and with a Xbox Controller i never had any issues. Runs with 60 fps on 1080 p with a geforce 1080 and I7 3770 k.
  16. Feb 17, 2021
    This is a console game! Be happy that you pc gamers get the game at all! If u don’t like it then get a PlayStation as you should have done in the first place !
  17. Feb 12, 2021
    These bad reviews are crazy, buy a controller! Some games just work better with a controller. Use the right tool for the right job. Xbox controller works great and all the on screen control show up correctly.
    Fantastic game, amazing combat. I can run everything on high using a geforce 1080 gtx gaming laptop and see no slowdowns (1080p 60fps).
    True rating 9, giving a 10 to help counter
    True rating 9, giving a 10 to help counter the idiots.
  18. Feb 18, 2021
    easy 9/10 . Buy a controller if you really wanna enjoy a soulslike game , end of story . Putting 0 in such a wonderful game because the port does not do justice on keyboard is criminal . Amazing replay ability , interesting story if you pay attention to it , extremely good gameplay , you feel as the game progresses that you become even better at it
  19. Feb 20, 2021
    Game supports controller. I suggest you buy or own one if trying to play game. Keyboard + Mouse is just **** combination to fast paced action game. Little bit more harder than Nioh but brings so much more content and upgrades to table that game is masterpiece.
  20. Feb 22, 2021
    Disgusting average user reviews score. Game is easily a 9/10. Quite possibly the best combat system ever in videogames, tremendous build variety, great bosses and very good and improved level Design. Ignore those idiots and buy the game
  21. Feb 28, 2021
    I'm kind of amazed by the amount of low scores this has on here (well... maybe I'm not to be fair as it's Metacritic....) Anyway, this is running perfectly on my fairly weak PC. I'm under the recommended specs but above the minimum and I've had no issues at all after 15 hours. Really impressed with it so far.

I don't know what it was like at launch - maybe there were issues that have

I don't know what it was like at launch - maybe there were issues that have now been fixed and maybe my expectations were lowered by coming to this from Valhalla which is an absolute disaster of a PC game but I'm loving Nioh 2!

It's the first souls-like game I've played that hasn't left me wishing I was playing the real thing.
  22. Feb 24, 2021
    Nice game. If you like Souls series, Nioh 2 will take part of your life.
    P.s. you must use Gamepad to play this game. Mouse&keyboard play is like hell.
  23. Feb 27, 2021
    Thus, the people responsible for "Nioh 2" created a real great milestone with the new Complete Edition. The actual game is and was a great title with many difficult moments. So today, the storyline and gameplay are still a lot of fun. Thanks to the new graphical presentation, the game looks much more rounded and lively than before. In addition, fans will be happy to see all the expansionsThus, the people responsible for "Nioh 2" created a real great milestone with the new Complete Edition. The actual game is and was a great title with many difficult moments. So today, the storyline and gameplay are still a lot of fun. Thanks to the new graphical presentation, the game looks much more rounded and lively than before. In addition, fans will be happy to see all the expansions and the main game together in this version. Those who would like to play the great title "Nioh 2" on their PC should quickly grab the Complete Edition.

(https://www.playmoregames.de/post/nioh-2-the-complete-edition-pc-im-test)
  24. Feb 28, 2021
    Do not listen to the negative reviews for this game. Look like a bunch of bots saying the same thing anyhow. Game is amazing. All of these people with potato pc's with frame drops... yeah, what do you expect? Get a halfway decent rig.

As for bad mapping and people complaining about the ps4 icons displaying instead of the xbox gamepad controls on pc... you can change this. in steam as well as in the game. Its one of the control scheme options, how much easier could it get.
  25. Feb 26, 2021
    doesnt get much better then nioh 2 in other games, combat system is endless, difficulty is hard to master but when you master it, you are asking yourself what was i doing previously lol

1440P 60 fps easy on max with 3070
    4K around 45 frames per sec, i dont get the wining about performance. performance is ok, game has even DLSS now.

Final Score:

Generally favorable reviews - based on 23 Critic Reviews

1. Feb 25, 2021
    Nioh 2 Complete Edition is not a flawless PC port and is not technically stable, but still delivers for those who never had the chance to try it on PS4.
  2. Feb 21, 2021
    Nioh 2 is more about refining its core gameplay than making radical changes. By adding extra layers of depth to its well-tempered mechanics, it offers a high-quality Action-RPG which retains its unique identity, despite some technical issues. Last but not least, it's a more inviting experience this time around, but as it happens with all Souls-like games, player's commitment is mandatory to progress.
  3. Feb 19, 2021
    Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition is a phenomenal game. And while I would personally recommend getting it on PS4 over PC due to personal circumstances, there really isn’t a whole lot else to say about this game that isn’t some form of praise. If you’re a fan of the original Nioh, or soulslike games in general, this is absolutely something worth picking up. And for those of you who aren’t so accustomed to games like this one? Well, so long as you go in with the right mindset and strive to keep improving yourself, you should end up loving it, too.